Type keyword(s) to search

OUAT Series Rewatch!

• Start Topic

Series Rewatch   POLL CLOSED

40 members have voted

1. 1. When would you be interested in starting a rewatch of the complete series?

• The week after the series finale (May 25)
    • June 1
    • July 1
    • August 1
    • Never. I'm drinking a memory potion to forget the Show ever existed.

Since everyone probably misses Jacinda and Lucy as much as I do, maybe we could all watch the Halloween episode from Season 7 again on October 31st.

(I'm kidding, BTW.  Please do not run out to buy THE PACKAGE, especially from HER).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

Thanks for starting the rewatch and thanks to everyone who keeps coming back to the board like Belle after Rumple's latest betrayal, since it might keep this forum from going into the Dark One's vault.  

We're just biding time before A&E's inevitable reboot... right?

5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

We're just biding time before A&E's inevitable reboot... right?

Let's hope Santa from the Combined Realms hears your wish.  But remember, every wish comes with a price!  Except when it doesn't.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

This week we'll be discussing "Snow Drifts" and "There's No Place Like Home".

I'm actually looking forward to this one. I'm making pizza. Do we have two separate threads or are we treating this as one "movie" like it originally aired?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

This week we'll be discussing "Snow Drifts" and "There's No Place Like Home".

Excited for this one. It’s my favorite and I’ve seen it so many times but I haven’t let myself watch it since we started the rewatch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

This week's lineup, "Shattered Glass" and "Family Business" is utterly brutal. I need chocolate and alcohol.

I have red wine and dark chocolate. Although perhaps rum would have been the better choice for this duo.

• Love 1

I can't believe I willingly watched two bad episodes this week.  But then I realized looking ahead to next week, I will need restraints to stop myself from attacking the TV with an ax.  You know what they say about March coming in like a lion.  And in this case, no one is coming out like a lamb.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

So far behind on the rewatch, I guess season 5 is where I really started to fall out of love with the show since I don’t think I’ve completed a rewatch of it without stopping and going back to season 3.

(edited)

This week we'll be discussing "The Brothers' Jones" and "Our Decay".

(But I won't be able to watch, as my Netflix subscription has been cancelled. Guess I'll be waiting for Disney+, but when that comes out, we'll already be almost done with S7!)

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

I was wondering why no one was posting tonight, so I looked up the rewatch episodes for this week.

It's "Her Handsome Hero" and "Ruby Slippers"... 

Question answered, LOL.

Edited by Camera One

So far behind on the rewatch, I guess season 5 is where I really started to fall out of love with the show since I don’t think I’ve completed a rewatch of it without stopping and going back to season 3. 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, Shanna Marie said:

Before I rewatched this one, I found myself feeling a little sad that we don't have too much longer to go in the rewatch. We'll be out of episodes in a few months. And then I watched it and realized that much of what I liked about this show was its potential, the idea of it, as well as discussing that potential. I generally only enjoy the occasional moment in the show itself. But seeing Jafar in the teaser flashback made me wonder if anyone wants to do a Wonderland rewatch/discussion after we finish this one (if it's still available for viewing -- I suspect it'll be moved from the ABC app to Disney+ in the fall when it launches, along with the mother series).

This would be fun.  I would like our time in Land of Rewatch to last longer too.  

With "Lost", there were so many compilation clips that it was possible to do a rewatch with all the flashbacks of a particular character seen in order from childhood onwards.  

56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This would be fun.  I would like our time in Land of Rewatch to last longer too.  

With "Lost", there were so many compilation clips that it was possible to do a rewatch with all the flashbacks of a particular character seen in order from childhood onwards.  

I'm still hoping some cheap spin-off or reboot premieres on Disney+ so we can all go laugh at that.

• LOL 1

Is everyone okay with just rewatching 1 episode a week, from now on?  If so, our rewatch might stretch into 2020. 

We need to hold out until they do a reboot or Disney+ realizes what they need to succeed is Once Upon a Time Season 8, LOL.

• LOL 3

@Camera One I used a dark spell to conjure a new release schedule to extend the torment of watching S7. But remember, all magic comes with a price!

https://pastebin.com/rx8HLH1E

So glad we get to end the year with with the masterpiece, "Flower Child". 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, Camera One said:

We need to hold out until they do a reboot or Disney+ realizes what they need to succeed is Once Upon a Time Season 8, LOL.

I would be shocked if Disney never tried to do anything Once Upon a Time related in the future. I'm sure A&E have more time on their hands now that their Muppets show is cancelled.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

@Camera One I used a dark spell to conjure a new release schedule to extend the torment of watching S7. But remember, all magic comes with a price!

Thanks!  I wouldn't mind being part of a Dark Curse if you are all there too, LOL.  We can work together to defeat Mayor Adam and Eddy.

• Love 1

I see we're just doing part one of the finale this week. Come to think of it, the two episodes weren't really tied together in the way that, say, the season 3 finale was. It wasn't a movie. I checked because I was dreading having to watch both at once again. I feared my brain would explode.

• Love 2

I fell really behind in the rewatch in the middle, but I can't believe I rewatched every episode of Season 7 again.  

This show is really something.  Even when it's bad, you just can't look away.  So I'm still sad the rewatch is over.  

Maybe we could dredge up a character thread every weekend to prolong it a bit?

On "Lost", people put together all the flashback scenes of each character and showed them from the childhood flashback to the day of the plane crash.  I wonder what it would be like to watch each character's flashback from childhood to the day of the Curse.  Retcons and inconsistencies galore.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:29 AM, Camera One said:

Maybe we could dredge up a character thread every weekend to prolong it a bit?

That could be fun.

I like the idea of looking at the flashbacks in order, though I think it might be complicated to pull off. We might have to work out the order of a character's flashbacks, then watch them, then discuss.

I did once try to mentally organize all the flashbacks in chronological order, but earlier in the series before it got too complicated.

So, if you ignore Gothel in prehistoric times and Merlin thousands of years ago, it would start with Rumple's birth and his mother turning into the Black Fairy, then his father turning into Pan. Then probably child Killian being abandoned. Depending on how old Killian was supposed to be in The Brothers Jones and how long he was in the navy, The Brothers Jones might have happened around the time Rumple was injuring himself so his son wouldn't lose his father. Etc. Mostly, it's Hook and Rumple stuff until we get to Archie's backstory, with the Cora backstory coming in around here somewhere, and then the Charmings' lives kick in.

• Love 1

I'm going to try to follow this approximate schedule for a rewatch of "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland", watching an episode sometime each weekend.

1. 1-1  Down the Rabbit Hole - Mar 13
2. 1-2 Trust Me - Mar 20
3. 1-3 Forget Me Not - Mar 27
4. 1-4 The Serpent  - Apr 3
5. 1-5 Heart of Stone - Apr 10
6. 1-6 Who's Alice - Apr 17
7. 1-7 Bad Blood - Apr 24
8. 1-8 Home - Apr 31
9. 1-9 Nothing to Fear - May 7
10. 1-10 Dirty Little Secrets - May 14
11. 1-11 Heart of the Matter - May 21
12. 1-12 To Catch a Thief  - May 28
13. 1-13 And They Lived… - June 5

Maybe by then, the world will be closer to normal again...

Edited by Camera One

Oh, I hope we're back to normal by then. I'm used to solitude, but going that long without human contact may drive me nuts. Apologies in advance if I get too chatty here. We're on a "shelter in place" order and I live alone.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Oh, I hope we're back to normal by then. I'm used to solitude, but going that long without human contact may drive me nuts. Apologies in advance if I get too chatty here. We're on a "shelter in place" order and I live alone.

I have a lot of friends to apologize to...