Type keyword(s) to search

WWDITS: Season One Talk

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought the second episode was better than the first. I think I had to get used to a new set of characters first. 

I liked both but yes the second had more action.  The first was probably to set the premise introduce characters.  I have to say, these characters are fantastic.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I liked both but yes the second had more action.  The first was probably to set the premise introduce characters.  I have to say, these characters are fantastic.  

that is probably the case. I love these characters a lot! 

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I love these characters a lot! 

Someone reminded me of a comment during the CC meeting.

"Is this a wrestling match?" 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe his deal is to bore people until they get enraged?  

We've seen how he feeds - he wears people down until they've lost their energy and fall asleep (or are on the verge of it).

Maybe the idea was that the crowd was exhausted by all the lunacy? I can't even imagine seeing that without being incredibly entertained, but to each his own.

• Love 1

As someone who has attended City Council meetings/zoning hearings, this would have been the best thing that ever happened. Period. 

As someone who has had requests for re zones turned down because neighbors want to save some scrub brush & a few trees in a cemetery they don't own and legally shouldn't be trespassing on, I can imagine someone from our company reacting just like this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Blakeston said:

In the second episode, I was confused as to why Colin was so enthused by the violent craziness at the council meeting (to the point where he couldn't stand up, lol).

Doesn't he get his power from those around him becoming bored and drained of their energy? This seemed like the opposite of that.

In the first episode Colin said energy vampires either bore you with a long conversation, or they enrage you. And then you see him repeatedly sharpening a pencil. So I’m guessing he was feeding in the rage. 

• Love 8

I like how Colin doesn't really hiss like the rest of them do, but he opens his mouth in the same shape as the hissers.

Since I fight a losing battle with neighborhood raccoons, I found the big pile of them hilarious.  Was the actress who played the City Council chair the same one who played Cathy Geiss on 30 Rock?

I may find myself saying "Bats!" on long walks now.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

"Bat...I dont know where I am going."

Still loving this show. Colin the energy vampire feeds on rage as well as boredom, so he was seriously loving the turns that counsel meeting. Speaking of, that meeting was so terribly true, in all of its boring, tedium filled glory. The most interesting thing to ever possibly happen in one of those is some guy just losing it and screaming at people from his seat. 

Lazlo vs the raccoon was great, especially when it bit him, so he had to up his game with the clarinet jam. And of course the CC lady thought it was creepy and not helpful. "Is this MS 13?"

• Love 3

Colin definitely came across better in the second episode.  He was more sinister.  I cracked up when he was so aroused after the meeting, he couldn't even get up and leave.

Guillermo is going to be mad that some random newbie (Jenna) was turned before he was.  Lbr, Nandor is probably stringing poor Guillermo along, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Really liked the pilot. Hadn't heard of the movie, so this is something fresh for me to enjoy.

Rent the movie!!! You will be so glad you did.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Matt Berry has such a wonderful acting voice. I’d watch him read his way through a phone book!  

You just reminded me to imdb him and INDEED he was in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace! I knew his voice sounded familiar, and wow, did I love that show!

Huh. I was looking for this under genre, not comedy. I appreciate dark, twisty comedy so while not everything worked it was pretty hilarious. The implied comedy is pretty good too, when you consider the documentary crew is just watching them kill people right and left and doing absolutely nothing about it.

I missed exactly why Lazlo killed the raccoons. Did she say something about wanting to get rid of them?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Huh. I was looking for this under genre, not comedy. I appreciate dark, twisty comedy so while not everything worked it was pretty hilarious. The implied comedy is pretty good too, when you consider the documentary crew is just watching them kill people right and left and doing absolutely nothing about it.

I missed exactly why Lazlo killed the raccoons. Did she say something about wanting to get rid of them?

She complained to him about raccoons in her garbage cans.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

My tv guide shows the next episode as number 4. Anyone else?

My DVR counted the first series episode as 2, and had taped the movie prior. I think they may be considering the movie itself as episode 1.

On 4/7/2019 at 4:55 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

He asked her "is there a 'stone in your shoe you'd like removed'", referring to Doug Peterson, but she told him the raccoons get in her trash so he killed them and piled them on her porch to show how he'd help her, of course she didn't quite see it that way.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, Ceindreadh said:

Matt Berry has such a wonderful acting voice. I’d watch him read his way through a phone book!  

ITA!! I love his voice!  Everything he says is so mesmerizing.  

I was lmao at Nadja getting louder and louder when she was bitching about the Baron, and Nandor kept telling her to keep her voice down. That is me when I get pissed off and I don't even realize I'm yelling.  Do not get me started!

On 4/4/2019 at 11:28 PM, LittleIggy said:

I hate killing animals, but the pile of dead raccoons cracked me up, too. Freakin’ love this show! 

I do too, but raccoons in the warm months are my sworn enemy. They have torn down bird feeders, broken branches on small trees trying to get to bird feeders, invaded my patio and terrified my cat.

TBS, I have rescued babies from my apt complex dumpster, which it has dawned on me for raccoons is just a wild animal removal system, they just run away when the truck gets to the landfill and they go tumbling out. 

MSNBC is doing a story about MS 13 right now and I lol'd thinking of them piling raccoons up on people's front porches! 

• LOL 1
On 4/6/2019 at 12:04 PM, Ceindreadh said:

If you've never seen some of the British comedies he's been in, like "The IT Crowd" and "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace", you should definitely check them out.

"FATHER!!!!!"

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

If you've never seen some of the British comedies he's been in, like "The IT Crowd" and "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace", you should definitely check them out.

"FATHER!!!!!"

I’ve seen some of the IT crowd but I first saw him in Toast of London

It was hilarious.  It would have been even better if they had zoomed in so that the audience could see what it was.  To me, it was clearly something small, but I definitely didn't get bone-shaped dog toy when Nandor grabbed it.

An emotional vampire!  We all know a few of them.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

It was hilarious.  It would have been even better if they had zoomed in so that the audience could see what it was.  To me, it was clearly something small, but I definitely didn't get bone-shaped dog toy when Nandor grabbed it.

An emotional vampire!  We all know a few of them.

Oh boy, yes. I knew what she was the minute she opened her mouth. They are the worst. I also had an ex who was a total energy vampire. I get tired just thinking about him. 😴

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So wait...is Debbie Downer an emotional vampire?! Oh yeah, I've definitely run into a few of those. 

Oh my God, the bone going off the roof had me dying...no pun intended. "Its been tens of tens of years!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I squealed when I saw Vanessa Bayer. I love her so much; the scene in the restaurant absolutely killed me. 

Everyone already mentioned the bone part, which made me howl (no pun intended), but I also was crying laughing at “You Made his mother’s vulva look like his sisters vulva”

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I squealed when I saw Vanessa Bayer. I love her so much; the scene in the restaurant absolutely killed me. 

Everyone already mentioned the bone part, which made me howl (no pun intended), but I also was crying laughing at “You Made his mother’s vulva look like his sisters vulva”

The only thing that disappoints me about the profanity on this show is that we'll never get a marathon unless we stream it.

• Useful 1

I introduced my 13 yo niece to this show. She watches with her mother now -- I'm wondering if I get a call after this episode*? But I DON'T CARE! It's SOOO FUNNY.

I was just thinking as the episode started, "Hmm, I heard Vanessa Bayer would be guesting, what episode will that be in?"

I just so love this show.

*I don't think I will - our humor is all so aligned, and she is very open with her daughter about all things woman-hood. Although I may get some side-eye at Easter dinner...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

OMG, the bone off the roof.  I laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time.  Such a stupid obvious joke, but I loved it!

This was the best I've liked Colin so far.  He was so giddy messing with Nandor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

And then the werewolves asked if they could keep it. Also, good job with the Twilight jokes. But what about our newly-turned LARPer girl?

I admit I wasn't expecting all the fucks, but only broadcast networks are actually subject to FCC rules. It's just most cable stations want to be 'family friendly'. Bleh.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, HouseofBeck said:

Really love this show. I find myself missing it until the next ep is on.

And it says something about our times that I was inordinately happy it wasn't called a "vagina garden." Thank you, writers.

This is my new favorite show!  Don't know if anything will ever compare to 2nd episode's raccoon Pied Piper and City Council's raving Renfield complete with UHF-quality visual but Nandor tossing that bone off the roof had me on the floor.

I like Colin but there was too much of him and Evie in latest episode for me; it just dragged on and on and took too much time from my beloved Lazlo and his filthy Oedipal gardening 😂.

Those new world werewolves really ARE swear-wolves.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’ve just watched the werewolves episode, it was just fully funny. When Laszlo tells Nandor off....”well don’t turn up in a plume of mist on the lawn, prick” = me, dead.

I love this show!

On 4/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, GenieinTX said:

This was the best I've liked Colin so far.  He was so giddy messing with Nandor

Guess the tune: tap tippy tap...I made it up!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I loved the whole sequence with the familiar break room, oh my God. "We got them after we threatened to unionize, didnt you get the newsletter?" And a cat familiar! Honestly if I was a vampire, thats probably who I would want to hang out with. 

The obviously cursed hat that brings destruction everywhere! The weird musical string that happens every time Colin appears! Poor Guillermo! I love this show. 

"We will an alliance with the Manhattan vampires so we can crush the humans. No offense." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, Moot Smoothie said:

I like Colin but there was too much of him and Evie in latest episode for me; it just dragged on and on and took too much time from my beloved Lazlo and his filthy Oedipal gardening 😂.

I'm the opposite. I really enjoyed Colin and Evie's scenes together and could've watched an entire episode of their rivalry and romance. I know the vulva garden was a big hit, but I found it more creepy than funny. A man remembering women for their sexual organs felt like an outdated 80s joke to me. We're more than holes.

The series is entertaining, but I miss the tender moments and childlike wonder of the vampires in the film. On this series, there's so much swearing and yelling that it starts to feel like every other cable show. Wellington Paranormal, their NZ spinoff, maintained the same naïve innocence of the film, and I wish this had too. FX Americanized it a little too much for me.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, ChrissyX said:

I'm the opposite. I really enjoyed Colin and Evie's scenes together and could've watched an entire episode of their rivalry and romance. I know the vulva garden was a big hit, but I found it more creepy than funny. A man remembering women for their sexual organs felt like an outdated 80s joke to me. We're more than holes.

The series is entertaining, but I miss the tender moments and childlike wonder of the vampires in the film. On this series, there's so much swearing and yelling that it starts to feel like every other cable show. Wellington Paranormal, their NZ spinoff, maintained the same naïve innocence of the film, and I wish this had too. FX Americanized it a little too much for me.

I don't require my make-believe vampire sitcoms to share my political and or gender political beliefs - or to remotely give a flying dog bone toy about them.  I watch to be entertained and to laugh.  This show makes me insanely giggly and that's all I'm here for.  There are lots of other places online and in real life to take shit seriously. 

However, in Lazlo's defense I didn't make the assumption that he ONLY remembered women for their sexual organs nor did I hear him suggest that women are ONLY holes so, yeah, YMMV but if I can get past his slaughter of unarmed raccoons without hurt feelings and a call to PETA I think I'm going to just take this silly, silly show for what it is and keep my knickers un-bunched.

Still want Colin and Evie in smaller doses, personally.

• Love 14

My opinion has nothing to do with their political beliefs. I'm aware it's make-believe but objectifying women for their genitals is an old joke and just not funny to me. It doesn't endear me to the character. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ChrissyX said:

My opinion has nothing to do with their political beliefs. I'm aware it's make-believe but objectifying women for their genitals is an old joke and just not funny to me. It doesn't endear me to the character. 

I think this is part of why I really prefer the movie. It had a sweetness and innocence about it that was a great counterpoint to the fact that they were undead bloodsuckers 😁. Those vamps almost seemed like they just barely escaped puberty, they were so square. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, saoirse said:

I love this show so much - and it's nice to see that they're getting name guest stars - Vanessa Bayer last week, Nick Kroll this week! I think that bodes well for the future of the series.

Don’t forget Doug Jones. He is legendary.

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

I think this is part of why I really prefer the movie. It had a sweetness and innocence about it that was a great counterpoint to the fact that they were undead bloodsuckers 😁. Those vamps almost seemed like they just barely escaped puberty, they were so square. 

The movie was definitely helped by the likability of Viago. The series could sorely use a character with that kind of an endearing presence.

Also, the werewolves in the film had a sweet camaraderie to them, whereas the werewolves we saw here didn't even seem to like each other very much.

• Love 6