Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The General / S02.E10: Chinatown

When the Mothership jumps to South Carolina in 1863, the Time Team partners up with a courageous Union spy and military leader, Harriet Tubman - AKA "The General" - to thwart Rittenhouse's plan to alter the outcome of the Civil War. Back in the present, Rittenhouse hits the team where it hurts the most.

When Jiya makes a daring escape from Rittenhouse that strands her in San Francisco's Chinatown in 1888 with no way home, the fractured Time Team goes back to save her.

Screen+Shot+2018-05-03+at+12.34.36+PM+%2

Promo pictures

My east coast feed started almost 15 minutes late. If you're recording, pad the settings because I don't know if they're going to run late.

These episodes are so good so far, I'm going to be crushed if it's the end.

• Love 10

First time watching this season; I forgot it was coming back.

Wow Wyatt is an idiot. Well Rufus is an idiot too. I mean oh lets stand here and talk to each other like it's totally normal for a white guy to be talking with a black guy in this situation/ time period.  

• Love 4

When they killed Rufus, I was so angry that I wanted the show to be cancelled. But now? After that ending? I forgive.

I loved the little girl who tipped them off. One thing this show did right was that they really did make the women every bit as badass as the men, in every situation and time period.

I am hoping Lucy's Flynn's daughter, not his wife.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

When they killed Rufus, I was so angry that I wanted the show to be cancelled. But now? After that ending? I forgive.

Its really hard for me to get worked up over a character's death... because time travel show.

I wasn't however expecting future Lucy and Wyatt to show up.  Although Lucy and Wyatt being willing to save Rufus from a significant time of the future is a pretty strong indicator of the loyalty between the team because they are going to cease to exist when they save him and become different people.

Can someone please tell me that we know with certainty that Lucy isn't Flynn's wife.  Because it seemed like they were on the edge of him admitting that when Lucy was talking about how Flynn would react if he got his dead wife and daughter back and to cut Wyatt a break.

• Love 4

Wow, what an ending.

I thought the new Lifeboat was going to have Rufus who somehow came back to life and built his own machine. Something like the end of Back to the Future 3. I was not expecting doubles at all. WTF.

I kind of loved when Emma shot Carol and Nicholas like it was nothing, but then hated her for everything else she did. 

Just now, ParadoxLost said:

Can someone please tell me that we know with certainty that Lucy isn't Flynn's wife.  Because it seemed like they were on the edge of him admitting that when Lucy was talking about how Flynn would react if he got his dead wife and daughter back and to cut Wyatt a break.

Well the writers could make anything happen on a time travel show, but last week it sure seemed like the time Lucy gave him the journal was the first time he ever saw her. 

• Love 10

Wow.  That was awesome.

I'm actually not that attached to Rufus so his loss is more "meh" for me.

I was stunned when Emma killed both Carol and Nicholas.  I knew it was coming.  Emma has always seemed more vicious then strategic.  Her brawl with Lucy, in petticoats no less?!?!?!?!  I was horrified because Emma wasn't going to strangle Lucy or shoot her, she was actually going to beat her to death.  I was glad Flynn showed up when he did.

Rittenhouse is something else.  Carol's dying words were that she's sorry she didn't bring Lucy into Rittenhouse sooner?!?!

I don't think Lucy is a relative of Flynn because he would have dropped that knowledge long before now.  I think he has actually fallen for her.  They have an eye-catching chemistry, I can give them that. If Lucy was his wife would Flynn have been willing to kill her when he took her to that Murder House in Season 1.  The only reason Lucy survived was because of Harry Houdini/

Wyatt is an idiot and his blind spot with regards to Jessica could very well be his undoing but I actually believed him when he told Lucy, he's in love with her.    There chemistry is oddly touching.

Great acting tonight by all.

Please give this show another Season NBC.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Timeless Season [3]: The Quest for Rufus. 

Fingers crossed ?. But in the Star Trek tradition, it should probably have some alliteration, maybe Timeless 3: The Rescue of Rufus?

• Love 9

This was a great finale, but I'm not crazy about the show on a week to week basis. Lucy is really important to Rittenhouse... for some reason. Wyatt has a baby out there, which is always a dumb subplot. Lucy and Wyatt can apparently travel to any time they want to due to mysterious "upgrades" made without Rufus. But they seem to still have the lifeboat and not the mothership.

I have to assume now that Wyatt is aware that he can't go home again. Things with Jessica weren't all that great in the original time line and the only way to have her back is as a Rittenhouse member. And what's Emma going to do? She never struck me as dumb and evil in the way Rittenhouse works. Emma is in it for Emma. She could care less about family.

• Love 3

I truly can't stand Emma!  It is probably because I already disliked the actress in other parts.

And wouldn't some real Rittenhouse person take her out now for killing Carol and Grandpa?

I think she's not human.  There is no way both Wyatt and Flynn missed shooting her.

• Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Timeless Season 4: The Quest for Rufus. 

If they get a season four and now that they solved the no time travel to a time we visited problem, the question is when will they go to in order to save Rufus.

Do they go to Chinatown and just save Rufus.  Or do they also save Lucy's Mom and Keynes in order to save Rufus.

Or do they go back even farther and stop Jessica from kidnapping Jiya to stop the chain of events that lead to Rufus's death by stopping Rittenhouse from interfering in Jessica's childhood.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought the new Lifeboat was going to have Rufus who somehow came back to life and built his own machine. Something like the end of Back to the Future 3. I was not expecting doubles at all. WTF.

I was figuring Rufus too, but that after being saved from death somehow, he found the second lifeboat that existed in 1888(?) because of the plot twist that had him, Lucy & co. using the 130-year-old version Jiya had hidden to go back. To return to the present, either they took that one or Jiya led them to the "newer" machine; either way, another version of the lifeboat was left in the past when they were done.

• Love 4

Wow, so a LOT went down tonight! We are really going to need that third season after that cliffhanger! 

Rufus's death and everyone's reactions were really well done, but I didnt really think he was going to die. They have a time machine, after all, and they change history pretty frequently anyway. When the new time machine showed up, I thought it would be Rufus showing back up. A future Wyatt and Lucy was not what I expected! 

Wyatt, you dumbass. I get why he wanted to give Jess the benefit of the doubt, but, they saw the picture, and he heard about her sketchy cancer story. He had to have known something like this could have happened. Last year we saw some put Jess before time and the mission more than once, and now he almost ruined everything. Jess could be a good reoccurring villain though. 

I figured that Emma would be pissed at them pulling the "You arent really one of us" card, but her shooting Carol and Nicholas was not what I expected. I wonder what Rittenhouse will do now? Honestly, even seeing more of their inner workings, I still dont know what the hell their end goal is beyond being rich and in charge. And, they can do that pretty easily without screwing with the time stream I would think. 

Jiyas escape was super badass! The scene where she met the crazy vision guy was rough, although I did laugh at how Connor was kind of annoyed with him at point. "Oh, really? Did you hear that, I`m worse than Hitler. Someone call Guinness, we have a new Worst Person Ever". but then clearly felt bad about seeing how his old pilot had been messed up.

The woman playing Harriet Tubman was another in a long stream of really good actors playing historical figures. She was fierce, but also compassionate when it called for it. I can totally see that lady going on to survive multiple runs on the Underground Railroad while also being a spy. 

Lucy and Wyatt are in loooooove. Yeah, that lines up with what we`ve seen, even when Wyatt was back with Jess. Even before we found out she was evil. But now with Flynn in the mix, who seems to have feelings for Lucy, who knows what comes next? 

or at least, I hope we find out what comes next. Come on, do us a solid, and spare this show from the cancellation bloodbath! 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I am hoping Lucy's Flynn's daughter, not his wife.

I keep hoping they cast them for their similar facial bone structure and coloring, but that's probably not related—to the casting.

The alt-Lucy and alt-Wyatt was very Stargate SG1. High five anyone? ✋?✋?✋?✋?? No one? Just me?

So I'm thinking Wyatt and Jessica's kid is about 86 now, right? Could be fun casting

Anyway, I guess they worked out the kinks of returning to a time where you already exist—probably those Rittenhouse pills. Maybe Wyatt's elderly daughter had some.

Loved Harriet Tubman.

So Wyatt loved both Jessica and Lucy. Maybe drop him off in Mormon Utah 100 years ago?

• Love 9

My mind is blown, wow. 

I loved every scene with Harriet Tubman, especially Rufus getting to meet her, and how much it meant to him. "My only desire is to live free." 

Not at all shocked about Jessica being Rittenhouse, and everyone who thought it was because they cured her brother was right. Of course, she actually bought into it. I still don't think she's pregnant though. She lied about everything else. During the shoot-out in the bar, I knew Wyatt was going to have to choose whether or not to take the shot. 

Emma knew that once Jessica kidnapped Jiya and they had another pilot, she would be disposable and decided to take matters into her own hands. Though she's probably been planning to take out Keynes and Carol for awhile. I was genuinely shocked when she shot Carol. And of course, Carol's biggest regret was not bringing Lucy into the fold earlier. 

Jiya turned into a total badass. I love that she sent them a message in Klingon, knowing Rufus would get it. It's a nice parallel to the episode last season when Rufus left a message about Star Wars knowing Jiya would figure it out. Poor Jiya--her vision of Rufus dying came true anyway, even if in a slightly different way. Her scene with Mason when they returned to bunker was heartbreakingly wonderful.

Agent Christopher stress-knitting in the bunker was hilarious. When she commented to Mason that the Lifeboat was only 78% charged and Mason said that it would be fine, I honestly thought that was supposed to be some obvious foreshadowing and that the team would get stuck in the past because the Lifeboat's battery would be drained.

I loved Lucy and Wyatt's talk in the hallway, especially Wyatt finally admitting that he loves her, and telling her he doesn't expect her to say it back.

That final scene: holy shit. Lucy and Wyatt from the future! They look like they survived an apocalypse and I must know the story behind that, and why they're able to meet their past selves. And everyone better save Rufus!

• Love 18

Flynn must be in love with Lucy. In the old days, we'd see Emma fall to the ground with a bullet in her head before we see Flynn. Now, he's dropping his gun and Lucy has to pick it up.

• Love 2

I thought Lucy was going to tell Wyatt she's pregnant, too. I was so relieved they didn't go that route.

I am imagining that if Jess really is pregnant, the baby will be able to time travel without a machine, just like Jiya can. My idea is that if you time travel while gestating, you are born with some kind of time-related anomaly, and this is the one I'm choosing to imagine.

They need to just get the mothership away from Rittenhouse. If they can track it, what they need to do is send two pilots with the team. Then one team goes to find and take the mothership, and the other goes to do whatever the mission is.

I love Harriet Tubman and the actress playing her was great.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, possibilities said:

I thought Lucy was going to tell Wyatt she's pregnant, too. I was so relieved they didn't go that route.

I am imagining that if Jess really is pregnant, the baby will be able to time travel without a machine, just like Jiya can. My idea is that if you time travel while gestating, you are born with some kind of time-related anomaly, and this is the one I'm choosing to imagine.

Why not? In Doctor Who, if two humans conceive a baby while travelling in time, the baby somehow becomes a Time Lord. 

• Love 2

I loved tonight's episode! I was truly surprised more than once. I want to know where Flynn is in the future though. I hope he is just holding things down in the future while Lucy and Wyatt come back to fix what happened with Rufus. I hope he doesn't die :( There is also the possibility that we just didn't see him yet. Unless Wyatt or Lucy can pilot in the future, Jiya is most likely there. 

I love Jiya, and am glad they are fleshing out her character. Same with Denise and Connor. They really did do some amazing things with character development this season, and it makes me excited for what they could do in the future. 

The fact that all indications are that they save Rufus is the only reason I am not majorly upset over his death. He is an amazing character, and it truly would damge the show if he was gone. He also allows us to see an important aspect of history that the others can't. I love him with Jiya, Connor, and Flynn, and I need to see some more with him and Lucy. I also want to punch Wyatt the least when he is with him lol.

Wyatt. He needs to improve. They have given him an interesting back story now, but they need to do something about his stupidity and attitude. If a character needed to die tonight, I  would have chosen him. Denise was far too compassionate, and should not have given in to him. If he wants to leave, they have Flynn. He has not earned the trust that she constantly puts in him. He couldn't even shoot Rittenhouse agents during a mission. He could have gotten everyone killed. Bringing Jessica to that bunker was a crime, not to mention how disrespectful it was to Lucy.

His emotions need to make more sense too. I think he is in love with Lucy, but the writers haven't matched his feelings with actions. If he was in love with Lucy, he should have been far more concerned with her suffering and feelings. His conversation with Rufus should have hinted that his refusal to believe that Jessica could be involved with Rittenhouse had a lot more to do with the fact that he didn't want to have committed to his marriage, which he thought was the right thing to do, sacrificing his chance with Lucy, when it was a lie. He doesn't even seem to grasp how he has hurt her while everything was falling apart for her. It's ridiculous. He should have told Lucy he was sorry for messing things up based on lie in that last scene, not said I love you after crying to Rufus that he couldn't lose Jessica. He was written as way too committed to his marriage with Jessica for someone who was already in love. They should have shown him as more conflicted about making his failings as a husband right and letting his past relationship go because he has feelings for someone else. It isn't even realistic that their relationship would have gone back to wonderful so fast. They had serious issues that they needed to work out. Is she now going to receive all classified info from his missions? What happens when this mission is over and it is time for another? Is he going to retire? I could rant about the problems with him for hours.

Emma is amazing. She is one of my favorite villains ever. I usually end up loving dark characters or being annoyed by them, and I just love to hate her. I don't want her to be secretly good or have tragic reasons (Flynn), but I want her to continue raising hell and not die lol. I loved when she just shot Nicholas and Carol. She was just over it, and in the end, she was way more formidable than them. Jiya would not have gotten home and the time team would have been wiped out if her plans had been followed (provided Jessica had not been overpowered and given appropriate backup).

I actually wonder if Carol was still a member of Rittenhouse in the original timeline, or if she left after meeting Amy's father. She obviously had some misgivings about them, and maybe she left when she fell in love. That would mean that Lucy's entire life was not a lie, and her mother truly did love her (not in a crazy way lol), which, with her sister back, would be a happy ending for her. Without meeting the love of her life, she could have been indoctrinated more and more dependent on them. She said she wanted more time with Lucy and that is why she changed the past, but she didn't make the changes, and there is no way she even remembers anything about that timeline, so she has to be talking about the things that she instructed Emma to do to make sure Amy could never come back in this timeline. 

I love Flynn, and I love the movement in his relationship with Lucy. I also love his banter with Rufus. He even had a cute scene with Jiya, seemed to get along with Mason, and had an emotional scene with Denise. If Lucy and Wyatt are endgame, I at least want him to get his little girl back. It would be nice if he could fix things with his wife too. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I screamed at the end of the episode. I'm pretty good at guessing what is going to happen in shows and finales- I really should be a TV writer- my friends are always so amazed. But I didn't see that one coming- only because they have been so adamant about you CANNOT travel to where you are alive. But I should have just ignored that especially since we all know that Flynn said that Lucy gave him the journal. But I was just not thinking. 

This show is just fantastic- it's so much fun. I am really hoping it's renewed- but I just don't have any faith in NBC. Just keep renewing it for 10 episode seasons- it should of been a summer show. Honestly I think them cancelling it and then a few days later reviving it and then plopping it to premiere in March didn't help at all. A few of my friends who loved it the first season- didn't realize that it had come back. Kelly Clarkson who seems to be one of their biggest celebrity cheerleaders of the show didn't realize it had been renewed- she thought it was still cancelled. 

I'm not going to hold my breath that they will find another home for it if it is cancelled- that's very unusual. 

OMG- I just realized- who is piloting the Lifeboat? Is there another person in it and just Lucy & Wyatt came out- or have one of them or both of them learned to pilot it? They also both looked so bad ass and like they had been through some serious shit. Come on NBC, don't leave us hanging. 

It was trending #1 on Twitter- I don't know if that counts for anything, but I hope it does. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wow, what an ending.

Me too! I actually said out loud, "Rufus is going to Back to the Future 3 this bitch."

Then alternate Wyatt was like "Bet you didn't see this coming. Captain America's badass outlaw beard ain't got nothing on me."

And I was like "Damn!"

• Love 4

So, the whole Nicholas Rittenhouse plot went nowhere. They embarked on this important trek to save his life and bring him to the future, and set him up ostensibly to be the Big Bad. Yet in the entire season, he did absolutely nothing, didn't seemingly mastermind any plans (at least none that the rest of Rittenhouse wasn't already doing in S1), didn't interact with the heroes, and then gets shot in the head when Emma decides she's had enough. What a waste of a character.

Otherwise, a pretty decent episode. 

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Timeless Season 4: The Quest for Rufus. 

4? I mean, I know this is a time travel show and all, but I hope they don't skip season 3. ;D

• Love 12
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

4? I mean, I know this is a time travel show and all, but I hope they don't skip season 3. ;D

Whoops, typo! There will be season skipping here, with or without a time machine!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
(edited)

Those episodes were so good oh my god why did they end this on a cliffhanger those bastards. At least they didn't go "It was all a dream, Jiya was playing out the possible future scenarios!" route.

I know this is going to get cancelled but if it doesn't it would make up for most of the shocking surprise cancellations there were this season. This show just needs to be a summer show, air it at like 8 PM.

It was nice talking to all of you about this great show - and speculating about stuff.

I am glad that my prediction of Wyatt becoming Jessica's grandfather through time travel shenanigans did not come true.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 6
(edited)

The first hour was really good.  Harriet Tubman was awesome and the subplot with Jiya visiting that pilot in the psychiatric hospital was interesting as well.  

Jessica being an evil sleeper agent all along wasn't too believable and not worth the screentime this season.  I liked how Wyatt was so sheepish and apologetic but he got irritating when he still kept asking people to spare her. 

Jiya's escape was cool, but after that, I was disappointed.  The killing of Carol and the grandfather was anticlimatic and made the entire season's evil villain arc seem like a waste of time.  Lucy going all killer-instinct on Emma, Rufus dying, Wyatt and Jessica's confrontation... all of that was too melodramatic. 

What happened to Rufus dying beside an ocean?  Couldn't Jiya have added in Klingon after "Don't come" something like "Rufus dies when you rescue me".  

I really hope the show isn't cancelled, or the ending is just frustrating.  I guess there's hope they can get Rufus back, but still... it kinda seems like the universe was course-correcting his eventual demise since he ended up being shot instead of stabbed.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I got a good laugh out of the part where Wyatt found out who the sleeper agent was when the guy at the party told him about the officer who just seemed to know what was going to happen and Wyatt said "I'll bet!", and then when the guy looked at him funny, changed it to "I do declare!" in his best southern accent.

Also funny was when Wyatt asked Rufus what was wrong with his accent, and Rufus said "Nothing, if you're going for Keanu Reeves in The Devil's Advocate".

NBC, you better not cancel this show!!!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

So, the whole Nicholas Rittenhouse plot went nowhere.

I love the way he got killed but I am super confused about what his point was this year. Did the actor just need work? Because he looks nothing like Lucy at all. It was super odd. 

This was a great finale.  Something is up with Flynn but I get a paternal vibe from him as to Lucy.  He doesn't pull out any of the hallmarks of desire with her. I just believe they don't have in mind a romance between the two just yet. 

Definitely called that they would be able to figure out how to have someone time travel to where they already were. I am sure that Rufus dying was the spark that made Connor Mason try to figure it out. 

If NBC cancels this show some other network or streaming service has to pick it up.  

• Love 6

"Good old fashioned Mason Industries craftsmanship." Indeed.

Loved finding out that Agent Christopher knits to de-stress. The Agent Christopher/Connor Mason relationship has been one of the gems of this season.

Seeing Future Lucy and Wyatt is giving me 12 Monkeys vibes, and that is a very good thing, as 12M is one of my favorite time travel shows.

Fantastic finale. A lot to process. Poor Rufus. Poor Jiya. Wyatt has a lot to make up for. Lucy remains awesome. 

We need season 3!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Yeah when Rufus died I was crying! Then that ending, WHAT THE HELL?!!!?! :) AWESOME!!!! I hope this show isn't cancelled!!!

I’ve got a lot of thoughts but the main two were, if Rufus knows he has a high chance of dying by a non head wound why on earth is he not wearing a bulletproof vest under his clothes?

Secondly I spent this entire episodes wishing Wyatt could just be tossed out of the bunker. How dare he threaten to abandon the team?

• Love 5

They really raised the stakes with this last episode and surprised me. My biggest complaint about this show has always been that it's not ambitious enough, so color me impressed. Too bad the show will almost certainly be cancelled. 

It was still a bit of a stretch, though, that the life boat would never be discovered in the last 130 years even if it's hidden in the "middle of nowhere." It's still California, after all. But I'll let it go because the rest of the episode was so good. 

I hope we hear what the writers had in mind for a third season - would Lucy save her mother in addition to Rufus? Would she ever be able to bring her sister back? 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, wilnil said:

Fingers crossed ?. But in the Star Trek tradition, it should probably have some alliteration, maybe Timeless 3: The Rescue of Rufus?

Not to get all nerdy here but only 2 out of 13 Star Trek movies  have alliterative titles. 

1 hour ago, Lilacly said:

I’ve got a lot of thoughts but the main two were, if Rufus knows he has a high chance of dying by a non head wound why on earth is he not wearing a bulletproof vest under his clothes?

So much this! Kevlar vests for everyone would have made things less stressful every trip. And Lucy, you still have fingernails. I was waiting for the tiger-claw-to-the-face move when Emma was whacking on her.

This show started out with me saying "FU" to Wyatt. Something I repeated several times during the two hours. What a dick, and yes, everything that happened WAS your fault. And that "don't shoot her, she's carrying my baby" line was the dumbass line of the night. Getting shot doesn't mean people die, and if you are such an excellent soldier (*cough*) you should be able to hit someone w/o killing them. I blame Wyatt for Rufus getting killed. And for everything else bad.

I was all for Jessica to be kicked out of the bunker and Wyatt along with her, just like he wanted. That would have thrown a monkey wrench into plans. I don't like anything about Wyatt, from his actions/non-actions to his inability to defend anyone anywhere. I don't even think he's attractive. Now Flynn, on the other hand ... yowsa. Everything about him is worthy.

While I don't think Lucy is Flynn's first or second wife, she could be a daughter. And think about it ... she could be Wyatt/Jessica's daughter, brought back via the Mothership to live with Carol. That would be hilarious.

I loved Harriet Tubman. I loved Jiya taking out that Rittenhouse guy and escaping. I loved the end with Badass Lucy all time traveled from the future. I just wish it were Flynn with her, not (yuck) Wyatt.

It would have been funny if they found the Flying Eyeball had been converted into a chicken house.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, possibilities said:

I laughed at the end and said "Well played, show. Well played." I've had my frustrations with the show, and almost didn't watch this season. The Rittenhouse stuff bores me, but there were a lot of good moments this season, and toward the end, I pretty much liked every episode (even while still frustrated with the Rittenhouse stuff. Though, I did, very much enjoy Emma's "Rittenbitch" reference.

13 hours ago, ketose said:

This was a great finale, but I'm not crazy about the show on a week to week basis. Lucy is really important to Rittenhouse... for some reason. Wyatt has a baby out there, which is always a dumb subplot. Lucy and Wyatt can apparently travel to any time they want to due to mysterious "upgrades" made without Rufus. But they seem to still have the lifeboat and not the mothership.

Rufus was important to the design of the lifeboat - but Mason was its inventor. So I'm assuming he really gets his mojo back.

13 hours ago, phalange said:

Jiya turned into a total badass. I love that she sent them a message in Klingon, knowing Rufus would get it. It's a nice parallel to the episode last season when Rufus left a message about Star Wars knowing Jiya would figure it out. Poor Jiya--her vision of Rufus dying came true anyway, even if in a slightly different way. Her scene with Mason when they returned to bunker was heartbreakingly wonderful.

That final scene: holy shit. Lucy and Wyatt from the future! They look like they survived an apocalypse and I must know the story behind that, and why they're able to meet their past selves. And everyone better save Rufus!

Jiya killing her guard at Rittenquarters was great. And yes, that scene with Mason was, for me, probably the most moving scene at the end.

12 hours ago, Manda317 said:

I love Jiya, and am glad they are fleshing out her character. Same with Denise and Connor. They really did do some amazing things with character development this season, and it makes me excited for what they could do in the future.

I actually wonder if Carol was still a member of Rittenhouse in the original timeline, or if she left after meeting Amy's father. She obviously had some misgivings about them, and maybe she left when she fell in love. That would mean that Lucy's entire life was not a lie, and her mother truly did love her (not in a crazy way lol), which, with her sister back, would be a happy ending for her. Without meeting the love of her life, she could have been indoctrinated more and more dependent on them. She said she wanted more time with Lucy and that is why she changed the past, but she didn't make the changes, and there is no way she even remembers anything about that timeline, so she has to be talking about the things that she instructed Emma to do to make sure Amy could never come back in this timeline.

Fleshing out the other characters was one of the better things this season, in my opinion. I'm sick so Carol's reference to Lucy's sister had me scratching my head a little, especially since she referred to the cancer (which, so far as I can remember, would only be known by Lucy and the gang in this version of the timeline).

10 hours ago, bros402 said:

I know this is going to get cancelled but if it doesn't it would make up for most of the shocking surprise cancellations there were this season. This show just needs to be a summer show, air it at like 8 PM.

Maybe we'll have a time traveler come and save it - like last year. ;)

37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:
2 hours ago, Lilacly said:

So much this! Kevlar vests for everyone would have made things less stressful every trip. And Lucy, you still have fingernails. I was waiting for the tiger-claw-to-the-face move when Emma was whacking on her.

My understanding is that Kevlar vests don't work for slow velocity items like knives. But it sure would have helped the bullets that actually got him!

38 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

While I don't think Lucy is Flynn's first or second wife, she could be a daughter. And think about it ... she could be Wyatt/Jessica's daughter, brought back via the Mothership to live with Carol. That would be hilarious.

My brain is a little fogged by this damned summer cold, so maybe I'm missing something. If Lucy's Wyatt/Jessica's daughter wouldn't that be .... icky? Or are we talking about a timeline scrubbed of Lyatt?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

Couldn't Jiya have added in Klingon after "Don't come" something like "Rufus dies when you rescue me".  

Or maybe that part of the image wasn't readable, so they have a 30 second conversation about it.
And re this::

32 minutes ago, saber5055 said:
2 hours ago, Lilacly said:

, if Rufus knows he has a high chance of dying by a non head wound why on earth is he not wearing a bulletproof vest under his clothes?

So much this! Kevlar vests for everyone would have made things less stressful every trip

—at least a line about "where's your Kevlar vest?" followed by, IDK, something like, "I left in another time dimension."

2 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

My understanding is that Kevlar vests don't work for slow velocity items like knives. But it sure would have helped the bullets that actually got him!

Okay, then, "…and I left my steel underarmour in our bed. It's only been a couple of weeks, ya know."

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

My brain is a little fogged by this damned summer cold, so maybe I'm missing something. If Lucy's Wyatt/Jessica's daughter wouldn't that be .... icky? Or are we talking about a timeline scrubbed of Lyatt?

Because I don't like Wyatt, he's such a failure and useless dumbass, and IMO Lucy can do SO much better (even finding someone in a different time), I'm all for Lyatt never existing. It would be my personal perfect timeline!

I have my own personal crush on Flynn.

11 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm sick so Carol's reference to Lucy's sister had me scratching my head a little, especially since she referred to the cancer

I didn't get this either. What was the deal with the gone-girl sister? We never did find out why she disappeared and Carol's cancer disappeared along with her. Or if we did, I missed it.

• Love 1