Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural DVDs, Books and Other Merchandise

• Start Topic

I'm looking for a trusted website to buy DVD's from. Have any of you found any good deals?

I have found several different ones offering seasons 1-5, 1-6 and 1-9. Is there a box set that has seasons 1-9? Are there any legitimate box sets available? 

If there's anyone in the LA area who wants to go to the Screening and After Party for Supernatural Fandom: The Movie, let me know.

I have a ticket but am now hoping to be back in DC rather than LA for that weekend. 

For Free.  Seriously, just want someone to have it.

I'm looking for a trusted website to buy DVD's from. Have any of you found any good deals?

I have found several different ones offering seasons 1-5, 1-6 and 1-9. Is there a box set that has seasons 1-9? Are there any legitimate box sets available? 

I used to get mine with my X-mas gift card for Best Buy, but we don't have one of those anymore within an hour's drive that I know of. Nowadays (since season 5 or so), I get mine from Wal-Mart during Black (Thursday) Friday when possible. They are typically $10 a season. Last year, season 10 was already gone by the time I got there, but my sister was able to pick it up for me at the Wal-Mart where she was, so I got it for X-mas.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

I've gotten most of mine through Amazon--only have S1-S9, though--so can't help with other sources. However, I believe there are box sets for S1-S5 and S1-S8. Not 100 percent on the second one, though. 

(edited)

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-season-11-dvd-blu-ray-details-revealed/114254/

SUPERNATURAL: THE COMPLETE ELEVENTH SEASON

Contains All 23 Episodes from Season Eleven

Plus over Four hours of Bonus Content including Featurettes, Commentaries, Deleted Scenes and a Gag Reel!

The Darkness Arrives On Blu-rayTM and DVD September 6, 2016

On the Set with Supernatural: The Real Fan Contest

·         Jensen Ackles on Directing “The Bad Seed”

·         Digital Magic: Enhancing the sets with VFX

·         The Winchester Mythology: The Darkness

·         2015 Comic-Con Panel

·         3 Audio Commentaries

·         Deleted Scenes

·         Gag Reel

Edited by Diane
16 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Is this the actual crappy cover art of the DVD? I mean, can we make Jensen smaller and put him more in the background? Jeez.  

Wow...holy shit. That's not even a current picture of Jensen. JFC. That's like s5 pic of Dean.  I mean why would they have a current pic of Sam but not Dean. FFS there are about 100 million current pics of Dean in s10 and s11 that actually look better than that picture. LOL wow. 

Lame

58 minutes ago, Binns said:

I tweeted Jim Michaels to ask which eps have commentary...fingers crossed for Baby! 

There should be commentary on Baby from Robbie, Thomas Wright, Jared and Jensen. I mean let's be real that was wonderful episode for all parties.  And I'm quite disappointed that it doesn't have it's own BTS feature. I just do not understand the marketing of this show at all.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think their marketing plan is no marketing at all.  If they can't even be bothered to take a new photo for the cover of the DVD, that's pretty absurd.

They don't even have to take a new photo. I can make one in photoshop in 5 minutes and I have no PS skills.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

They don't even have to take a new photo. I can make one in photoshop in 5 minutes and I have no PS skills.

That's true, it's not like there aren't plenty of recent pics out there, or any stills at all from season 11.  I totally get that they don't feel the need to throw money behind promoting a 12 year old show, but they don't even seem to talk it up much.  It's their longest running show, and it has a very devoted fan base.  You'd think they'd be a bit more noticeably proud of it than they are.

15 minutes ago, SueB said:

Suzanne Gomez (CW PR) said there WOULD be a S12 photoshoot.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, that doesn't have anything to do with the shoddy work on the s11 DVD.

• Love 1

catrox, I'm curious. Are you referring to the full color art cover that you see when you click on the smaller black/white one? I didn't think it looks any worse than previous versions. JMO

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

catrox, I'm curious. Are you referring to the full color art cover that you see when you click on the smaller black/white one? I didn't think it looks any worse than previous versions. JMO

I'm talking about the one that they are showing on the KSite link. It's what seems to be the official cover art for the s11 DVD. Compare it to S10. S10 had demon!Dean and at least a s9 Sam

91Kxa3OXSsL._SX342_.jpg

This is using a s10 or s11 Sam photo and a s5 Dean.

1000586250BRDFLTUV_3f9bd613-237x300.jpeg

9 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

You have to click on that one (within the link) to see the purple toned cover. I have no idea why they are different, but that one features Dean, Sam, Cas, Crowley and Baby. 

That's what Amazon is using as a placeholder for now.

I'm 99.9% certain that the one at KSite is the Official cover art for the DVD. They did the same thing last year when they released the cover art for s10. 

8 minutes ago, SueB said:

They've had that cover art (the one at K-site) replacing the purple-ish one for about a month now on iTunes.

So ITunes had this cover art before anyone else? That's...interesting.

Just now, catrox14 said:

So ITunes had this cover art before anyone else? That's...interesting.

Yeah, I've been meaning to bring that over but real life keeps making me forget. Sorry.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Binns said:

What's everyone's favorite cover? I like 2, 3, 4, 7, and 10...probably 4 is my fave. I really don't like the weird snake thing on 6. 

I like 4 and 10. That's it. LOL

• Love 2
18 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Pfft. If we get commentary on 11.20 and not Baby...I'm not buying the DVD.

It's hard to believe they wouldn't have commentary on "Baby" because it was so original and different. It may not be the guys, but maybe Robbie Thompson. Let's hope it's something. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I was just coming back to update. I looked it up on Amazon and these are the features they have listed as of now-

•  Behind The Scenes: The Real Fans Contest
  •  Jensen Ackles on Directing "The Bad Seed"
  •  Hell…and other stories
  •  The Darkness
  •  Supernatural at Comic-Con 2015
  •  Audio Commentaries
  •  Deleted Scenes
  •  Gag Reel

So no featurette on Baby. I don't expect a commentary, but they really should've done one. 

12 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I was just coming back to update. I looked it up on Amazon and these are the features they have listed as of now-

•  Behind The Scenes: The Real Fans Contest
  •  Jensen Ackles on Directing "The Bad Seed"
  •  Hell…and other stories
  •  The Darkness
  •  Supernatural at Comic-Con 2015
  •  Audio Commentaries
  •  Deleted Scenes
  •  Gag Reel

So no featurette on Baby. I don't expect a commentary, but they really should've done one. 

Ridiculous. I mean I believe you, but what a frakkin' farce. Dump the Real Fans Contest BS and give us Baby stuff.

(edited)

The JA Directing & Comic-Con 2015 have been on iTunes for Season pass holders since early October.  The Real Fans Contest* video was put out the day after the finale.  It was filmed while they were filming Hell's Angel (they got to watch Pellegrino throw Sheppard around and J2 stopped by and said hi to them... they were sitting in Video Village).

* This was that contest where you had to do something every day on social media.  It required people to like your stuff in order to get points.  In short, REALLY COMMITTED people could win this (one from US, one from Japan), not a random draw. 

Edited by SueB
12 minutes ago, Binns said:

Hooray for JA stuff though! 

Oh I'm glad for that but honestly if I had to dump the JA stuff and the fans stuff to get the Baby stuff....I would. Because I'm sure JA had a LOT to do with how Baby turned out. We know they let him and Jared just go off on their own in many of those scenes. So for me JA is an uncredited director on that episode.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

The JA Directing & Comic-Con 2015 have been on iTunes for Season pass holders since early October.  The Real Fans Contest* video was put out the day after the finale.  It was filmed while they were filming Hell's Angel (they got to watch Pellegrino throw Sheppard around and J2 stopped by and said hi to them... they were sitting in Video Village).

* This was that contest where you had to do something every day on social media.  It required people to like your stuff in order to get points.  In short, REALLY COMMITTED people could win this (one from US, one from Japan), not a random draw. 

Yeah I know about that contest. I started to get involved and bailed because it was a pain in the ass. The reward was getting the set visit. I don't need to see a video about their visit in lieu of the Baby featurette. 

Sorry but the lack of a 'Baby' featurette is ....almost unforgivable.

• Love 1

Do we know for sure there isn't an audio commentary on Baby?  I could accept that instead of a featurette.   All I've seen is that there are 3 commentaries, and 11.20 is one of them.  What are the other two?  

My guess would be Richard Speight Jr. on the imaginary friend ep. Third one could be Baby. Or it could be something completely random. Maybe Jim Beaver and Steven Williams for the Bobby/Rufus ep if they are doing more actor commentaries. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

My guess would be Richard Speight Jr. on the imaginary friend ep. Third one could be Baby. Or it could be something completely random. Maybe Jim Beaver and Steven Williams for the Bobby/Rufus ep if they are doing more actor commentaries. 

This is my guess re Richard and Bobby/Rufus. If they have Baby commentary it should at least be Robbie and the director. Maybe J2 will do it since they haven't done one since s1. BUT my understanding is that commentaries aren't dictated by the show but by the network suits..at least that was the case with Fox.  Nicole Beharie (SH) was NOT asked to do commentary on Sleepy Hollow which WAT?? She said it was up to the network not her.

I don't understand why they don't just release which episodes have commentaries. It's like some state secret or something

Edited by catrox14
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

This is my guess re Richard and Bobby/Rufus. If they have Baby commentary it should at least be Robbie and the director. Maybe J2 will do it since they haven't done one since s1. BUT my understanding is that commentaries aren't dictated by the show but by the network suits..at least that was the case with Fox.  Nicole Beharie (SH) was NOT asked to do commentary on Sleepy Hollow which WAT?? She said it was up to the network not her.

J2 have done commentary since S1. In My Time of Dying they did with Kim Manners and a producer, I want to say Cyrus Yavneh, but can't recall right now. They also did commentary on Slash Fiction in S7. From what I understand, it's hard to get them on the commentaries because they're so busy filming in Vancouver when these things are being done in LA. I believe the commentaries they've done were all recorded in their sound truck in Vancouver.

11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

J2 have done commentary since S1. In My Time of Dying they did with Kim Manners and a producer, I want to say Cyrus Yavneh, but can't recall right now. They also did commentary on Slash Fiction in S7. From what I understand, it's hard to get them on the commentaries because they're so busy filming in Vancouver when these things are being done in LA. I believe the commentaries they've done were all recorded in their sound truck in Vancouver.

Oh I didn't know about s2 and s7 on Slash Fiction. Thanks!