Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural DVDs, Books and Other Merchandise

• Start Topic

You're right! They put the Deathly Hallows symbol (from Harry Potter) all over that charger and called it Supernatural. I wonder if the Harry Potter version has Devil's Traps.

• Love 1

So, my pre-order of a Funko Mystery Minis box came today. Twelve blind out of a total population of 17, I think. I hadn't really paid attention before to what the characters were going to be. I will have to fill in, but now I know what's possible, and I have some questions. Two Abaddons -- one regular and one demon. No Ruby? Mary but no John. Thinman, really? They couldn't have put Death in there in his place? At least no duplicates in my box.

I do appreciate they made Demon Dean (I got one!), and Gabriel. The one that will be hard to find is the Hellhound -- $60 on eBay yoiks.

Just glad to get some merchandise after all these years.

• Love 2

Finally got my Blu-Ray.  They were sold out at one Target so I had to traipse to another. 

Deleted Scene comments:

- Ask Jeeves: Snoozefest.  Except for the lovely closeup of JP's eyes, there's nothing here except for non-tension in card playing.  Good choice to not keep it.  Wish they had picked a different option for the deleted scenes.

- Executioner's Song: "Maybe he's YOUR boyfriend" (Cas to Crowley).  And argument between Crowley and Cas regarding who is sacrificing what to help Dean.  I liked the scene. It would have made a nice parallel where Dean clearly chooses Cas over Crowley for holding the Blade.  As if to say ... nope, Cas wins.  I imagine Destiel fans are irritated it's missing.

- Brother's Keeper: "We complete each other." (Crowley invading Dean's dream). I really liked this one as well.  Dean's dreaming he's drinking in a bar (not much of a stretch). He sees a beaten up Cas who disappears. Then Crowley appears (for real) and snarks at Dean for a while, telling him he should have taken his offer (from Black). Dean insults. Crowley tells him he's worse because essentially an insane man who doesn't realize he's insane.  Then the dream ends.  This was the scene Jensen mentioned at a convention. The next moment is him waking up on the floor of the motel at the start of the episode.  It's a good scene for setting up Dean's mindset.  I wish they had kept it.

- Brother's Keeper: Sam cleans up dead Frankenstein blood (it's oddly orange) next to the pile of books they were going to torch. He finds the pictures he uses later in the episode to remind Dean of family.  I like the scene because it shows something mundane like cleanup and lays the groundwork for the big bar scene.

Audio commentary comments this weekend when I get a chance to sit down and watch the whole episodes.

• Love 1

Looks like the official poster for s11.  That's pretty badass and at least the current-ish pics. They must have used fanart LOL because CW PR wouldn't come up with anything that cool. It's re-using the s9 art at least it's not season

Interesting placement of everyone here.  Sam in the front tells me he'll have the mytharc as I suspected. Dean just behind supporting him.  Cas behind Dean supporting them and Crowley back onto the left side behind Sam with his back turned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COebL3nVAAAiB5e.png

https://twitter.com/cw_spn/status/641657350353321984/photo/1

m3v3JfC.png

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Sam in the front tells me he'll have the mytharc as I suspected. Dean just behind supporting him.  Cas behind Dean supporting them and Crowley back onto the left side behind Sam with his back turned.

The composition is very clearly: one lead, three supporting characters. However, the marketing and PR is handled by Chico and even if Dean had the only story or was the actual lead, he would still be in the background then. Chico is the one who once posted NO pictures of Jensen from a red carpet event both Js did for the show but had at least two close-ups of the shoes of Genevieve Padalecki. Maybe noone told her she is supposed to be the general publicist and not the personal PR flunky of the Padaleckis.

With that said, I`m very meh on that poster because it encompasses every douchetastic spoiler so far.    

The composition is very clearly: one lead, three supporting characters. However, the marketing and PR is handled by Chico and even if Dean had the only story or was the actual lead, he would still be in the background then. Chico is the one who once posted NO pictures of Jensen from a red carpet event both Js did for the show but had at least two close-ups of the shoes of Genevieve Padalecki. Maybe noone told her she is supposed to be the general publicist and not the personal PR flunky of the Padaleckis.

With that said, I`m very meh on that poster because it encompasses every douchetastic spoiler so far.    

I like the artwork, but I do wish the boys were side by side because that would confirm the notion of the brothers being back together again however this really does imply a reset back to the  beginning with Dean as the supporting character to Sam Winchester's story.  Heck the cover art for s10 DVD has Sam in the front LOL even though it was supposedly the year of the Deanmon(rolls eyes). But in the end s10 was a long Mystery Spot with Sam trying to save Dean

Looking more, I see two faces with all of them. Not sure if that means they will all have both good and bad tempting them. But it's looks cool.

Edited by catrox14

Crowley has three faces...

Someone on reddit theorized it reflected "the past" impacting them, FWIW.

Cool idea! Any specifics to her theory? Do you think it's plausible?

I'm having a sort of hard time making out the "second faces" -- Crowley's looks to me like it's very angry (the "second face" on his left, anyway), as does Sam's. Dean's looks like it's dead or in pain? Cas's looks exactly like his regular face LOL. Is that anyone else's impression?

It's a pretty cool, interesting poster imo. I really like the "second faces" idea. Altogether, it just seems more thoughtful and even high concept than the "the Winchesters stand near their car and look smoldering" kind of promo that I'm used to.

Rowena has made me pretty intrigued by Crowley lately, and I think that MS has pretty solid acting chops, so I hope that he's got an interesting storyline this year. I also hope that Rowena isn't vanquished only a couple episodes in. Especially since she's the one who let The Darrrrrrrknessssss loose in the first place! And she's got that thing about recruiting disaffected young women to her cause, and The Darkness is apparently taking the form of a disaffected young woman, too.

My crack!spec is that young!Mary is brought back to life*** and Rowena manages to find a way to get her hooks into her. If "Fergus" has mommy issues that Rowena can use to manipulate Crowley, then why not use Sam and Dean's mommy issues to manipulate the Winchesters? :P

***Would already-dead people be affected by Death getting killed?

The blu-rays have a little segment that talks about Dean and the Mark and his interactions with Crowley and others and it was so nice to hear Adam Glass call Dean a hero.

Also rewatching confirms what a fool Crowley was: he should have bonded a bit with DemonDean then had him locked in Hell. Unleash him sporadically and carefully to feed the Mark.

It's available for pre-order at the Hot Topic website.  :-)

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/Supernatural/Monopoly+Supernatural+Board+Game+Hot+Topic+Exclusive+Pre-Release-10352526.jsp

I expect Supernatural Trivial Pursuit or Scene It? next.

I got Clue as a gift. My husband and I played it-we had fun! I would love a Trivial Pursuit Supernatural edition! I have a bunch of them already.

• Love 1

We have the SPN Clue as well.  Played it on Christmas last year.  I think I know what we're doing this year....  

We love board games in our family.  We have a closet full of them, floor to ceiling.  Sadly, since it's just me and my husband now, we never play.  Not as much fun and some you simply cannot play.  Ever try playing Clue with 2 people?  A waste of time.  :-(

Though they did end up in jail a few times, I'm still kind of surprised that "jail" isn't "Hell" - maybe too dark?

What are all of the player pieces? I see Baby and I think a knife (the demon killing knife maybe?) One might be John's journal, but what's that round one? (A flask?) And are the "properties" people or monsters instead of places? Though I like how the houses are black instead of green.

My hubby doesn't play board games*, but our family used to play a lot when I was growing up.

* Except this one odd one we used to play with my mom sometimes called 13 Dead End Drive (fun game: sort of like Clue except one of the players is the murderer trying to escape and you also bump off all of the other players' people - you have multiple people to start - in inventive ways.) Oh and also Pictionary sometimes with my sister and her family.

Season 10 is being released on Netflix on Oct 7 ...same day as the premiere of s11

This is so stupid. They need to release it a couple of days before the season premiere so people can catch up if they are behind. It's not going to hurt DVD sales for two days or even releasing it a week ahead. If anything not releasing it could hurt the premiere ratings

I agree it wouldn't hurt DVD sales, in fact, I'd think it would help them. I don't think it's a matter of hurting DVD sales, though, but it forces people to purchase the episodes individually if they want to get caught up before hand. I'd think they make more money from people buying the episodes or a season pass from Amazon or iTunes than they probably do off the DVDs since they don't have packaging costs involved. 

However, I hate how most shows do this. I'm not going to watch a show I haven't seen the previous episodes for. So, if they want to get me to join in and help the ratings by watching it live, they need to release the show early enough that I can get caught up ahead of time. And, I'm not going to buy the DVDs and the individual episodes.

Anyhoo, SueB, you've seen all the extras, right? Did you post a rundown of them? I skimmed back a bit, but couldn't find it. Just wondering if it's worth it to buy S10. I know, you were very fond of it, but I can't see myself watching more than 3 or 4 episodes again. So just wondering if my need to make things complete is worth the cost? I felt justified in buying the S9 DVDs because of the featurette on the MoL set. Is there something unexpected of the like you think might make me feel it's worthwhile?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

BOOOO!!!! I don't know who to me mad at . Netflix or Warner BrothersTV

They dropped The  Long Black Road 'Road So Far" from The Hunger Games.

And they actually dropped Carry On Wayward Son from 10.23 WTF. That is absolutely unacceptable.

I do not fucking understand this.

• Love 1

Hmmmmm.... I think the SPNFanMovie probably belongs in here as it's something you purchase.  I contributed to the Indiegogo campaign.

If you don't know what it is:

- Mitch Kosterman (Cliff Kosterman is J2's bodyguard) got together with Cliff and others and created a documentary about Supernatural fans.  After filming for two years, they finally got Jason Fischer (SPN production guy) on board and turned their "film" into 10 (I think) episodes.  It's fan oriented but everyone on the show participated and filmed some segments.

Ep 1: The Con Virgin

- Follows a fan (her name is Cedar) to her first SPN Convention.  They film a lot of fan interactions, folks in costumes, people talking about what the conventions mean to them. They visited with a few other "newbies" to get their experience. Cedar was sort of interviewing many of the people and then was later interviewed herself.  She went to the VegasCon.  The last third of the 22 min episode has "The Other Side of the Curtain" where cast (mostly guest stars) talk.  J2 are in there (during the first part of the episode) as well.  In this episode they had JDM, Rick Worthy, Misha, Osric, Alaina, Ruth and Lauren Tom (Mama Tran) talking.  Also Rich and Rob.  Loudain Swain plays the music.

Thoughts: It was interesting. The film quality is good but the fan portion is a little chaotic.  The actor interviews were very good.  JDM kinda melted my heart with his reaction to VegasCon.  It's clear that the fans mean a lot to the actors. It's VERY sincere.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/spnfanmovie

Wank warning: The episode is free of fanwank as far as I can tell. The project, however, has much fanwank surrounding it. I don't have much patience with that stuff so send me a message if you really want to know the details.  I bought the whole series cause I wanted to see it. I provided a wank warning because it's had some controversy (about the people making the documentary, not the actual documentary ... I think... ).  The fanwank matters to some and I wanted to acknowledge it exists.   

Edited by SueB

My problem with this whole movie is some of the shit they tweeted about needing more vaginas in the movie, and a long post they wrote on Facebook asking for more money and then charging for the episodes AFTER the indiegogo campaign rubs me the wrong way.   Sorry if you think that's wank but reading just those things of my own accord has left me sideeying this whole thing pretty damn hard. 

I think it's nice they wanted to have something to highlight fandom though or at least part of it!

There are two other fandom movies in the works too. Squee and another one that I can't remember the name of right now.

Anyway I'm not saying don't support it just saying why I didn't

Edited by catrox14