Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural DVDs, Books and Other Merchandise

• Start Topic

Well, I bought 6, 7 & 9.  Honestly if they hadn't been selling 6 & 7 so cheap, I wouldn't have bought it.  So thanks for the heads up, because otherwise I wouldn't have even looked.  But now that time has gone by I may find myself liking some eps more than I did the first time around.  Shame supernautral doesn't do more commentary on their DVD's.  I know some that do it on almost all, or all. 

I was Holiday shopping in Books A Million tonight and I saw  - of all things - A Supernatural Ouija board. The box even has Sam and Dean on either side. I am guessing this is relatively new, since I took a look at the box and it said 2014 and the photos appeared to be more recent (Dean had the beard scruff from last season I think). Aside from the fact that it should've been a "spirit talking board" I was thinking to myself "really?" But one thing I can say - it was made in the USA, so good on them for that. It also appeared - from the illustration on the back - that the Ouija board itself was completely redesigned. It looked nothing like the typical board like we saw in "In My Time of Dying." There were Supernatural inspired symbols in the middle and the entire board was arranged in a circular design - as in the letters were arranged going around in a double circle rather than in two lines. I don't remember where the "Yes" and "No" and "Goodbye" were in relation to the letters, though I'm pretty sure that they were on there somewhere.

So - that happened. Heh.

• Love 1

I'm not terribly superstitious but I wouldn't touch a Ouija board with a 20 foot pole. My sister messed around with them when she was a teenager and some very weird shit happened to her. She refused to go into one room in the basement for about three years and stillwon't talk about why. It's cool that they have a Supernatural themed Ouija board but it would have to come with a real life Sam and Dean before I'd use it.

No matter what your spiritual beliefs..just because you LOVE ME (really, I got nothing else to offer here)...a Ouija board is bad juju. Please consider letting this one stay on the shelf. Consider this a PSA in the spirit of Festivus.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

I mourn the missing punctuation.

In other news, I bought the Supernatural Clue game recently, but have yet to play it. I can say I like the box, at least.

Edited by Zanne

It was fun for us, as long as you ignore the annoying additional cards and whatnot.  

Sadly, now that my daughter has returned to college, and it's only me and Mr. Demented, we can't play for quite a while.  :-(  Don't think I can teach my dog how to play.

So, I broke down and bought the S9 DVDs--really wasn't sure what I'd use them for since there's really not many episodes I'd want to watch again and again like the early seasons. It was worth it...the Men Of Letters featurettes delighted me like none other. As you all know, I've never been too fond of the concept of the Men Of Letters (still dislike it, in fact), but man, the art department did something amazing with that set. I'm forever in the Jerry Wanek fan club. ;)

• Love 3

I mourn the missing punctuation.

In other news, I bought the Supernatural Clue game recently, but have yet to play it. I can say I like the box, at least.

I bought it too. I played with my husband and really enjoyed it!! My one disappointment was that there wasn't a "Baby" token :-(

I have the first nine seasons on a combination of regular DVDs and blu ray, but I want them all in blu ray for my next watch.  I just got S1 and S3, and S1 is fine but on S3, which I believe is the same problem on S4, there is no title page.  Of course my BD player hasn't had updated firmware in five years, so maybe that's the problem, but I came here to ask if anyone else has had this problem with their blu ray discs.  Ep one starts and then all the discs chapters are strung together, like chapter one of 37.  I hate this.  Any one else have this issue with their blu rays?

Guys!  Amazon.com is having a SPN blu ray sale.  Don't know how long the prices will last.

S1, S2, S3, S4, and S6 and S9 are $16.96 each.  In Blu Ray.  Getting more BDs now.

I have the first nine seasons on a combination of regular DVDs and blu ray, but I want them all in blu ray for my next watch.  I just got S1 and S3, and S1 is fine but on S3, which I believe is the same problem on S4, there is no title page.  Of course my BD player hasn't had updated firmware in five years, so maybe that's the problem, but I came here to ask if anyone else has had this problem with their blu ray discs.  Ep one starts and then all the discs chapters are strung together, like chapter one of 37.  I hate this.  Any one else have this issue with their blu rays?

I'm like 90+% that's the firmware. If you have it connected to the Internet, you can update. It was a problem as while ago ( the firmware thing) but I'm not sure it is a anymore. But I think at 5 years, that's your problem.

Thanks SueB.  I will update it, as I now have a computer at home that works and the internet.  Five years ago I had dial up on a borrowed computer with crap software, so I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy.  I can try to do it myself this time!

(edited)

Remember Audrey and her live!teddy? I hope that there's not also a Wishing Well near anybody who buys one of these :P.

Honestly, I would never get one of those pillows because of the possibility of waking up in the dark and seeing this strange pale face snuggled up all close to mine. I can imagine practically jumping out of my skin and screaming bloody murder before realizing it's just the fucking body pillow.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, I just got my Moose and Squirrel #AlwaysKeepFighting tote and it's super cute and I am stupidly happy to have it. It's big enough for tablet and books and some smaller beach stuff...I'm such a child...squeee.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

If I was a teenager I could see the pillows...but I'll pass.  lol

What is the real difference between the blue-ray and dvd versions.

I might get season 1  but is it really worth it?  Serious question.  I only have a few blue-rays

If I was a teenager I could see the pillows...but I'll pass.  lol

What is the real difference between the blue-ray and dvd versions.

I might get season 1  but is it really worth it?  Serious question.  I only have a few blue-rays

Gorgeous color and details. But it depends on your TV as well. Most newer HDTVs give you excellent performance.

I have a LCD TV.  I also read that they didn't include the original rock music in the blue ray...sounds like it isn't worth it.  I mean I grew up on a black & white TV 13 inch...

As far as I know the music is correct on both DVD and Blu-ray. I believe they only changed the music on Netflix for S1. But I have the DVDs and the music is correct. 

I don't know if it's more worth it for Blu-ray over DVD, that would be a personal preference thing. I actually am not real fond of the "sharper" look for most shows. I still have an old projection TV because I think modern flat screens take away a lot of the artistry--it's a photographer thing--I find it's more flash and no a lot of substance. With this show, the first two seasons were still shot on film, so I don't know that there'd be a huge benefit for those seasons. The most recent seasons are designed more for this kind of format, so there could be benefits on those seasons, but I refuse to cave! I believe the extra features are the same for all seasons, though. I don't think the price is that much different between the DVD and Blu-ray versions for this show, but with 10 seasons it could add up.

• Love 1

thanks, that helps me out, because I already have a huge VHS collection that now is worthless and since DVD's can play on Blue Rays I think I'll wait till I decided to buy 10 or not.  I would rather buy some others I don't have and having been trying to save for.

People laugh at me because my cell phone is just above a flip phone but I'm not quick to jump on to the latest expensive gadget.  Now I just have decide to I like season 10 well enough....  :) 

thanks, that helps me out, because I already have a huge VHS collection that now is worthless and since DVD's can play on Blue Rays I think I'll wait till I decided to buy 10 or not.  I would rather buy some others I don't have and having been trying to save for.

People laugh at me because my cell phone is just above a flip phone but I'm not quick to jump on to the latest expensive gadget.  Now I just have decide to I like season 10 well enough....  :) 

I refuse to let my VHS collection be worthless - I have some awesome MST3K episodes on there (which are expensive on DVD) and most of the series Crossing Jordan * (only season 1 is available on DVD) - and in fact I still have a VCR... and still use it! I still tape shows ** to watch later and tape new Supernatural eps so that I can watch them any time I want until I get the DVDs (when I re-use the VCR tapes to tape the next season). And I have my system set up that I can watch one show or watch a DVD and still tape something else at the same time (a simple splitter and "translation box" takes care of that) no monthly renting anything except the translation box for a couple of bucks a month.

As for season 10, since I have my VCR tapes, I can wait until Black Friday / Thursday when I can generally get the Supernatural DVDs, including the most recent season, for $20 a season.

As for my phone - It is a flip phone, and I called and had the texting option blocked, so that I can't even receive texts on my phone. I never sent them anyway, so getting advertising messages was annoying and a waste of my minutes - which I add, because I don't have unlimited minutes on my phone. It's much cheaper that way (10 cents a minute) and I don't have to mess with my phone for months (1000 minutes are good for an entire year, no further addition of minutes necessary for a year unless I need them - which is usually after about 8 or 9 months). What do you mean, I'm a technophobe? Wait a minute... Hey you kids get off my lawn!

* Another series that has a lot of music where getting music rights hampered it being on more venues. I heard that the season one DVDs took a long time to get all the music rights for.

** I do not have a DVR and refuse to rent one from the cable company which already charges us exorbitant fees. And I would have no idea how to set one up so that I could watch and record at the same time without having to get some sort of service that I would have to pay for. I don't take technology change well. I still insist on keeping my CD collection for use in the car.

• Love 2

oh if my vhs and dvd recorder hadn't died, I doubt I would have changed either.  I just like that you can do a menu on a dvd to get where you want, where not so easy on a vhs.  I still have a huge collection of vhs, but I'm slowly moving to dvd.

I rent from my cable for now, but if I could figure out another way...I wouldn't. 

I refuse to let my VHS collection be worthless - I have some awesome MST3K episodes on there (which are expensive on DVD) and most of the series Crossing Jordan * (only season 1 is available on DVD) - and in fact I still have a VCR... and still use it!

I still have VHS tapes of original British Whose Line Is It Anyway? from 20+ years ago.  The first two seasons are on dvd, but they never released any more.  My vcr died in 2011 and I've never replaced it.  I still hold on to those tapes, though, because I just can't bear to let them go!  (I think that big box store that starts with a C and requires membership will convert vhs to dvd, but I haven't tried yet.  I also don't know how expensive it is.)

I have a bunch of MST3K on DVD.  I get them when Shout Factory puts them on Sale.  I think I got the last Turkey Day set for 20 bucks.. I think.  I can't remember exactly, but it was more than half off the normal 65 bucks.  I also have old VHS tapes lying around.  

I was in London in 1989. That's where I first saw Whose Line Is It Anyway. I thought the episodes with John Sessions were really great.  I can't believe I still remember that guy's name after 26 years.    

Just finished watching the S10 DVD Extras on iTunes (they came out today with the Season Pass).  Quick thoughts:

S10 Gag Reel: I. Can't. Even.  I was shrieking with laughter.  These guys fly without a net every single day. It's glorious.

S10 Mythology: Well I LOVED it.  Which means it's going to piss off a few and others will like it.  I was surprised at how much insight was there.

S10 Theater (making of Fan Fiction): I am so impressed with what they pulled off.  I didn't really appreciate how complicated it was but it really was something special.  I have to rewatch the episode to see all the touches. 

S10 Superatural Fans: This was surprisingly intimate.  Rather than give a broad picture, they dive deep into the lives of four specific fans. Each of them is an example of fan creativity.  First is a guy who restores old cars (he comes back in the final fan story as well). Second is an artist in Columbia who got back into drawing and made a chess set. Third is the girl with the HUGE Castiel wings from last year's SDCC. Fourth is the woman who owned the fan-built Impala they used in the Bloodlines pilot.  This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I was moved by it.  There's a tiny snippet about not pleasing all the fans (with the fan-reaction videos to when Dean turned into a demon).  They showed one fan flipping the bird (with both hands) at the producers for doing that to Dean. That made me laugh.