Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

I noticed that no one has posted a link to this year's Comic Con panel (thought most of the news out of it is already being discussed) so I thought I would for those interested.  Here's the link

They'll be non-white characters but there's a good chance they'll be either villains or victims.

On a case-of-the-week show like this, the vast majority of guest characters are either villains or victims. That's the nature of the beast.

The most interesting thing about him is his relationship with Garrett

They've shown it maybe twice, but I liked the way that Trip interacted with Coulson.  Trip was studying the man and had a pretty good bead on how he operates.  Not too surprising, given what his previous boss had just done, but I found it interesting.  Too bad we're not going to get to see more of it.

• Love 3

I wouldn't consider Agents of Shield that diverse. I think Sleepy Hollow wins with having 5 POC's, Black, Spanish and Asian and 3 White actors. I do appreciate the Asian actors in roles with May and Skye. Still makes me wonder why no one makes vampires Asian, since an Asian actor can play a vampire for 10 years and not have aged at all. 

It's too bad they're not keeping Tripp, I think he would've made a nice replacement for Ward and kept them from pursuing the cliche FitzSimmons. Which I'm hoping they still don't go with.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Yeah I still hope that Fitz will grow out of his crush on Simmons, they are too weak as characters to sustain a romantic arc right now. No interesting tension, nothing. At least Ward's thing for Skye is hella creepy, thus, interesting. I hope the writers will just use this to develop Fitz more, not to tease the shippers.

• Love 1

I don't know where else this would go so Mod's please correct me if I'm wrong but Bear McCreary recently tweeted a request about which tracks should be included on a Agents of Shield Soundtrack.   Do I dare to dream that we will actually get the release of the score?

I think the whole instrumental performance of the episode "Fzzt" was awesome.  Specifically the backround music for Coulson and May's concluding conversation about how he feel's different and the Fitz/Simmons convo they had in his bunk.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was kind of hoping the whole nonsense about Skye's parents would become a conveniently dropped plot thread in Season 2, but according to SpoilerTV, Paul Atreides/Muad'dib (Kyle MacLachlan) has been cast in a recurring role as Skye's father.  Maybe that's where Skye gets her gnarly special powers from. </snark>

Then again, maybe Sherilynn Fenn will play Skye's mother to complement Agent Dale Cooper as her father (It's the ultimate AoS/Dune/Twin Peaks mashup).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/agents-of-shield-season-2-kyle.html

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

So haven't seen GotG yet (going this weekend), but I hope that Skye does not wind up having crazy alien super powers. I also hope that Coulson does not develop crazy alien super powers. I think that if either, or god forbid both, get those kind of powers, the show is going to lose part of what I love about it, which is normal people in an abnormal world. Also, I don't want either of them to be a Deus Ex Machina every other episode because that's going to get old quick. I remember that there was a lot of speculation that Skye's powers were going to save her after getting shot, or save Ward / kill Garrett in the finale, and I am so glad that the writers did not go that route.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 1
Also, I don't want either of them to be a Deus Ex Machina every other episode because that's going to get old quick.

Skye may have two different sets of powers -- one set from her parents (TBD) and even gnarlier powers (also TBD) from the injection from the dead blue alien.  I'm hoping that any powers Skye may end up with are particularly lame like Meg on Family Guy in the viewer request episode where everyone got superpowers from nuclear waste -- and all Meg got was the power to extend/retract her fingernails by only an inch or so (like a very wimpy version of Wolverine).

Unless they drove a dump truck full of money up to Jeremy Renner's house I am not sure what the point of having Mockingbird without Hawkeye would be. Although that could just be because I don't have a whole lot of faith in these writers, and I used to love the West Coast Avengers.

• Love 2

Who are the two guys in the back? I guess one is that Hunter character, what about the other?

Skye's really hard to recognize in that get-up with her new hair. And it feels weird to see Ward here, after everything... I really hope they give the team a good excuse to enlist his help. A really good excuse.

And it feels weird to see Ward here, after everything... I really hope they give the team a good excuse to enlist his help. A really good excuse.

I am not sure how good an excuse they would need, just something like "it is a matter of national security and he has information no one else does".

They did that on ALIAS all the time where Sloan was a huge traitor who killed Sydney's fiancee, but she would go back and work with him time and time again.

Yes, and it felt contrived every single time. Also made CIA look like idiots when he inevitably betrayed them or used them for his own ends.

I suppose you are right. I guess I just didn't notice it as much since Ron Rifkin is a way better actor than Brett Dalton will ever be.

I didn't mind it much because Sloan was a great villain in general, but it was much more obvious on rewatch and it did break my suspension of disbelief (among many other things, but I digress). Anyway, I hope they'll at least try to avoid making the heroes look stupid when it comes to Ward. Nobody should forget about the stuff he's done or how dangerous he can be.

Well I don't know that he's in the picture because he's going to be working with the team. Certainly last season I was so glad that most of the team didn't immediately jump to "he must be a triple agent!" "he just needs my love!" after the Hydra reveal, and I get the feeling that the characters are going to continue that distrust this season. I kind of want to see Ward pursuing his own agenda - aka revenge against the team - rather than joining them. He certainly is physically isolated in the picture, and it looks to me that he's staring at the camera, not at the team.

As for Skye, I'm interested to see her tougher side this season. She's also looking off camera, perhaps to represent her search for her origins / looking at her father?

It's not the most dynamic promo picture, is it?  I'm already iffy about the show and now they're selling me a bunch of glum-looking people all grim in black?  I'm not convinced I'm buying.  Sorry, Marvel.  You restored my belief with Guardians of the Galaxy but I'm no longer convinced that magic extends to the TV-verse.

• Love 2

Don't read too much into promos. More often than not the actual writers have nothing to do with them, and I don't think it's right to judge a show based on its network's marketing department.

FWIW, the last 6 or 7 episodes were a vast improvement, so unless season 2 loses all the momentum, I'm in.

• Love 1

I noticed that no one has posted a link to this year's Comic Con panel (thought most of the news out of it is already being discussed) so I thought I would for those interested.  Here's the link

Thank you for sharing, the panel was great!!! It was cool to see the whole cast there.

Sorry for not linking this well, but all the Agents of Shield Instagram accounts (Chloe and Clark included) have posted this today:

http://instagram.com/p/tIyilsPOB0/

I LOVE that Ward is separated by a crack, and is facing the other way. I'm also slightly concerned about how Fitz and Simmons are not right next to each other. If they're going for symmetry, I get that...but then Skye and May are lined up, as are Ward and the new guy. Interesting indeed....

• Love 1

Ratings for the Season 2 premiere of AoS are unimpressive, down marginally from the season 1 finale, but down 60% from the Season 1 premiere.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/24/tv-ratings-tuesday-the-voice-rises-new-girl-the-mindy-project-sink-s-h-i-e-l-d-returns-down-ncis-new-orleans-debuts-ok-forever-flat-with-premiere/306630/

Not a huge surprise though.  I highly doubted they were going to get anywhere close to the series premiere rating (and I don't think anyone expected them to).  

So am I the only person who caught Elizabeth Henstridge on The Soup last week?

I had no idea! But I just watched it because of your post and she was surprisingly great. And it was live! I think Joel was impressed, considering he flubbed more lines than she did. The "You're safe, you're totally safe, tell your parents you're safe and they won't hear from you for a while" had me dying. Henstridge has a solid sense of comedic timing and seems like a good sport.
  • Love 1