Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Exes on the Half Shell

• Start Topic

Naomi only offered that apology because she was basically shamed by her father for how she treated Peyton and then when she gave an apology, she didn't take true ownership of her behaviour. She said that a lot of times women blame each other when it's really the guy's fault. Your jealousy and insecurity about the feelings of your ex-boyfriend (whom has tried to get back with you and you don't want to) is not his fault, that's totally on you Naomi. 

If there's any part of Shep that's truly interested in Chelsea, it's likely because he hasn't been able to get her and so he's caught up in the chase. The reason Chelsea seems to be okay with casual, fun relationships is because that's the only men she seems to find in Charleston and she has to start somewhere and see if things can develop. Shep seems Chelsea's attitude toward relationships as refreshing because he's a non-commital guy but it totally goes over his head that Chelsea's attitude has been adopted by necessity, not choice. But speaking of Chelsea, i wasn't impressed with the way she handled the Shep/Austen incident. It seemed like she really wanted Austen to get angry or cause a scene over what Shep had told her. If she wasn't so caught up in analyzing everything Austen does as measuring stick of how much he cares about her and what it could mean for them, she would have been able to appreciate the fact that it is in fact a good quality for two people to be able to speak their grievances (which wasn't that serious), acknowledge any misunderstandings and to accept a misunderstanding as a misunderstanding rather than hanging someone to a cross over it. 

The more I see Ashley (is that her name?) she reminds me of Landon in her looks.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Naomi only offered that apology because she was basically shamed by her father for how she treated Peyton and then when she gave an apology, she didn't take true ownership of her behaviour

I disagree. The only reason her father knew about the situation is that Naomi told him and also told him how awful she was to Peyton. I also thought she clearly took ownership, at one point Peyton even tried to give her an excuse for her behavior and she stated that didn't male it okay.

7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Your jealousy and insecurity about the feelings of your ex-boyfriend (whom has tried to get back with you and you don't want to) is not his fault, that's totally on you Naomi. 

Which is exactly what she said.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Naomi only offered that apology because she was basically shamed by her father for how she treated Peyton and then when she gave an apology, she didn't take true ownership of her behaviour. She said that a lot of times women blame each other when it's really the guy's fault. Your jealousy and insecurity about the feelings of your ex-boyfriend (whom has tried to get back with you and you don't want to) is not his fault, that's totally on you Naomi. 

If there's any part of Shep that's truly interested in Chelsea, it's likely because he hasn't been able to get her and so he's caught up in the chase. The reason Chelsea seems to be okay with casual, fun relationships is because that's the only men she seems to find in Charleston and she has to start somewhere and see if things can develop. Shep seems Chelsea's attitude toward relationships as refreshing because he's a non-commital guy but it totally goes over his head that Chelsea's attitude has been adopted by necessity, not choice. But speaking of Chelsea, i wasn't impressed with the way she handled the Shep/Austen incident. It seemed like she really wanted Austen to get angry or cause a scene over what Shep had told her. If she wasn't so caught up in analyzing everything Austen does as measuring stick of how much he cares about her and what it could mean for them, she would have been able to appreciate the fact that it is in fact a good quality for two people to be able to speak their grievances (which wasn't that serious), acknowledge any misunderstandings and to accept a misunderstanding as a misunderstanding rather than hanging someone to a cross over it. 

The more I see Ashley (is that her name?) she reminds me of Landon in her looks.

I watched Chelsea and she seemed legitimately angry with Shep, as if she wanted someone, anyone, to fight him.  Her face was really dark.  I agree that she plays a part, but is likely simmering with resentment.

damn near all these women are identical.  No wonder K made a hit.

• Love 4
On 5/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, Koalagirl said:

WTF with Ashley sitting on the sink to put on her makeup.  If she's that blind to have to get that close to the mirror she should invest in a magnifying one.

Thomas was completely lecherous around Katherine.  That story about the pochette?  I would have walked the hell away from him.

With her dirty feet on the counter and in the sink - as a nurse myself I wanted to scream about the germs!!

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Q:  "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

A:  "Serving time for kicking your ass, for asking questions like that during an interview."

Q: "Tell me something negative about yourself."

A: "I haven't already kicked your ass."

Get out of my head! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I disagree. The only reason her father knew about the situation is that Naomi told him and also told him how awful she was to Peyton. I also thought she clearly took ownership, at one point Peyton even tried to give her an excuse for her behavior and she stated that didn't male it okay.

Which is exactly what she said.

I'm not going to give her credit for her telling her father about what she did because she did it out of her own guilty conscious. She couldn't find it in her own self to take the initiative to reach out to someone and apologize to them even though she knew she was the wrong party. She's still young and making mistakes in life which is fine, but I'm still going to call it like it is. She's old enough to know when she's done something wrong and should apologize instead of needing to consult with a parent before doing the right thing. It was only Naomi's respect for her father that she put aside her ego to offer that apology and I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to do so if her father hadn't been so forward about her poor behaviour. 

That's what she said in her TH. What she said to Peyton was an inference that Craig did something wrong and Naomi took it out on Peyton. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

She couldn't find it in her own self to take the initiative to reach out to someone and apologize

She said she needed to apologize before he really said anything, it seemed that scene was for the viewers not Naomi to explain why in the world she woukd invite Peyton to the opening.

As for the inference with Craig she said because of how she was feeling avbout Craig she took it out on Peyton to me that is not blaming Craig but simply acknowledging that is what she is feeking about him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, scrb said:

Apology is also part of the story line, probably, just as the original facedown insult was.

Not disagreeing with you at all but I do think Peyton looked genuinely surprised at the kind of apology Naomi gave.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 1:59 PM, Natalie68 said:

Which leads me to nickname Bug.  Which could be kinda cute for awhile.  I have the biggest fear of cockroaches and all their various names so that is all I think of when I see Palmetto.

*Question for those in the South.  Do you see these suckers often?  A relative told me horror stories about her time living in Florida but she MAY have been messing with me and my extreme fears of them.

From Texas and, yes, big ass

roaches that fly. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/11/2018 at 3:35 PM, Gem 10 said:

It looks so charming and historical.  Lots of people we know have moved down there for various reasons and they love it.   

So many moving there will eventually ruin the charm that attracted people in the first place. That always happens. My guess is people in Charleston are already complaining about it.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So many moving there will eventually ruin the charm that attracted people in the first place. That always happens. My guess is people in Charleston are already complaining about it.

Oh yes.  Top of the complaint list!

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Not really, not from what I have heard from friends who have lived there their entire lives.  It’s a great city, beautiful old buildings and churches.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He went with his parents and it was for his cousims wedding.

Well, he still coulda met someone there.  Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt....

Re Craig sewing from patterns:  at Cameran's baby shower, she was opening his gift while he and Naomie were arguing in the hall, so we only got snippets of the gift-opening but what I think I saw was Cameron pulling out a stuffed animal he made from a pattern (that we had seen him working on earlier) and then pulling out scraps or cut-out pieces of another not-yet-stuffed animal and she was laughing all "oh, Craig" in a bless-his-heart sort of way.  I wanted to know more about that than their argument!

• Love 4

I thought this episode was boring, overall. But damn, the food at the restaurant looked to die for! I’m going to go to dinner there next time I am in town.

And I will check out the store where Kathryn totally flubbed that meeting

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

And I will check out the store where Kathryn totally flubbed that meeting

It's Gwynn's in Mount Pleasant. It's a popular store among the locals.

Shep just posted a picture of him and Austen looking very lush. So Austen, tell us again how you're not like Shep??? Aside from not having mailbox money.

• Love 2

I found the little scene between Shep and Kathryn at the restaurant oddly sweet; it’s like there was this random lightening strike of chemistry that broke the tension, along with that b&w flashback between them in S1((you almost forget how insanely young they all seemed back then compared to now and how most of the cast has aged)).

Whitney cracking Thomas up with his goofy old dad joke...I hope to Hell he was just being ironic. 

Thomas licking his lips while leering at and desperately flirting with Kathryn—-yuck. Rarely do I agree with Kathryn, but I’m with her on her assessment of the endless flirt situation between Thomas and her feeling sorry for Ashley. Looks like Thomas will never be completely over the “physicality” of Kathryn. 

Can’t believe I find myself liking and rooting for Kathryn this season after hating her for so long—-sobriety seems to be quite good for her. Good to see that she’s finally somewhat functionally sane. Although that fake job interview was excruciating before she got herself together and finished with a flourish; she really should’ve studied up and practiced her interviewing skills before she waltzed in there cold turkey like that. Oh well, at least she looked nice.

Craig sewing “partying” dog pillows for Patricia. If that doesn’t scream plot contrivance, I dunno what does. Oh wait, yes I do: see also, Whitney’s fake Eurotrash girlfriends.

• Love 8

Maybe Katherine should have worn an outfit to Gwenn’s For her interview. The interview was at least good practice for her. I’m so hoping she can come into her own success. 

I was impressed she was driving a modest car by Charleston’s standards. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Katherine should have worn an outfit to Gwenn’s For her interview. The interview was at least good practice for her. I’m so hoping she can come into her own success. 

I was impressed she was driving a modest car by Charleston’s standards. 

She’s not getting money from Thomas, so I suspect she’s had to downsize and budget. Going from a home with a yard, etc., to an apt.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

It's Gwynn's in Mount Pleasant. It's a popular store among the locals.

Shep just posted a picture of him and Austen looking very lush. So Austen, tell us again how you're not like Shep??? Aside from not having mailbox money.

Austen's t-shirt.  Want.

Screenshot (342).png

• Love 3

Oh boy. Shep and Austen look wasted. How much longer can Shep do this everyday before his family stages an intervention to save his life? How can anyone spend all day depositing checks and drinking with his “friends” who use him for his money? What a sad life for a well-educated, socially connected young man who once had so much promise to live a life that contributed to society in a meaningful way? And what quality woman would want to be with him long term? Sad to say, he’ll turn out to be another TR and become an old drunk around Charleston. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

And what quality woman would want to be with him long term? Sad to say, he’ll turn out to be another TR and become an old drunk around Charleston. 

That's the point. There is no unicorn. Why would anyone cheer for a quality woman to be saddled with a drunk? I'm glad Cameran has given up in her quest to play matchmaker for Shep. He wants to be Charleston's walking STD - just let him be.

I think it was Peyton who hit the nail - Shep is the younger Thomas, Austen is the younger Shep. Really slim pickings in Charleston, huh?!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

I think it was Peyton who hit the nail - Shep is the younger Thomas, Austen is the younger Shep. Really slim pickings in Charleston, huh?!

Yes. Because what’s left ..... Whitney, when he comes out of his coffin at night. LOL

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Re Craig sewing from patterns:  at Cameran's baby shower, she was opening his gift while he and Naomie were arguing in the hall, so we only got snippets of the gift-opening but what I think I saw was Cameron pulling out a stuffed animal he made from a pattern (that we had seen him working on earlier) and then pulling out scraps or cut-out pieces of another not-yet-stuffed animal and she was laughing all "oh, Craig" in a bless-his-heart sort of way.  I wanted to know more about that than their argument!

No he embroidered the apron (and messed that up apparently) on a pre-made monkey. The cut out pieces were for the bear he was trying to make for her when he was talking to Kathryn in his embroidery closet.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Haha, I caught that too.  

I do not miss Landon one bit. She was so

Obnoxious.   Shop needs to grow up. Hes 38 or 39 and acts like hes 21. None of the guys are really good looking. I have no idea why they think they are so hot.

Just now, antfitz said:

I do not miss Landon one bit. She was so

Obnoxious.   Shop needs to grow up. Hes 38 or 39 and acts like hes 21. None of the guys are really good looking. I have no idea why they think they are so hot.

JD is a short chubby little gnome.

• Love 4
On 5/13/2018 at 12:17 PM, RHJunkie said:

I'm not going to give her credit for her telling her father about what she did because she did it out of her own guilty conscious. She couldn't find it in her own self to take the initiative to reach out to someone and apologize to them even though she knew she was the wrong party. She's still young and making mistakes in life which is fine, but I'm still going to call it like it is. She's old enough to know when she's done something wrong and should apologize instead of needing to consult with a parent before doing the right thing. It was only Naomi's respect for her father that she put aside her ego to offer that apology and I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to do so if her father hadn't been so forward about her poor behaviour. 

That's what she said in her TH. What she said to Peyton was an inference that Craig did something wrong and Naomi took it out on Peyton. 

Something happened and the way it is set up was weird.  Naomie obviously got schooled by production for all the "thirsty" references.  It seemed rather lame after Naomie reamed the lady, she would show up at Naomie's event.  How did that invitation happen?  I saw it as if you want the restaurant featured you better apologize to Peyton.  Maybe that was Naomie's plan all along to ensure the restaurant was featured.  

It is pretty easy to give the greatest reality show apology when there was absolutely no reason for the conflict to begin with-Naomie should not have had an issue with Peyton.  It also looks as if production is pitting Peyton against Naomie to see who is in the opening credits next year.  The show is evolving into something anew.  There is not one on camera couple with the exception of Thomas and Ashley and Ashley was the equivalent to a mail order bride at the time of filming.

Regarding Naomie's father I do believe he is using his business side in encouraging Naomie to stop scorching earth with anyone with whom she disagrees.  Five episodes in and she has had major issues with JD, Elizabeth, Craig and Peyton.  She has alienated Austen and Shep and most likely Thomas and Ashley.  I guess she keeps things lively but there has to be more to the show than who Naomie dislikes.  

• Love 4
On 5/12/2018 at 1:40 AM, slowpoked said:

She's Chelsea's friend. And yuck on Austen's open mouth kiss. Maybe that's why Chelsea wasn't all too impressed with his bedroom skills, if he kisses like that...

Austen has a weird mouth like his jaws are hinged like a muppet, I'm glad I didn't notice that open mouthed kiss, ew!  He also has a bit of a speech impediment, which forgive me, is not sexy.  I just can't believe the beautiful girls these less-than-average guys are hooking up with.  Austen is unemployed and the new girl Victoria is beautiful and a Doctor of Optometry!  It's true that the young men in Charleston know they are spoilt for choice.  I recently asked a friend's thirty something son why he didn't have a girlfriend and he said with a big grin "Why would I commit to one? This is Charleston!"  It is well known the women to men ratio is the the men's favor there. 

Regarding Pat's all men dinner-- I want to address the elephant in the room --err the Buddha in the room.  Having lived in Asia for 10+ years, I really cannot believe that the "worldly and refined" Pat Altschul doesn't know that the Buddha is not a decoration!  Would you put a large figure of Jesus Christ as your table centerpiece? Never.  I get irked when people use Buddha images as decor --especially when they set them on the floor, NEVER DO THIS if you want to not offend your Buddhist friends. No, not even in your gardens, put them up on a pedestal or a large rock ledge, never on the ground. We don't put crucifixes on the floor or have cut off heads of Jesus mounted as decoration on sticks.  I'm not even religious myself, but respect the icons of those that are.  

Ashley reminds me of a dim witted woman I once knew, she was shaped like a boy and got the big boob job and liked to show them off.  The slim hips with the big boobs just looks off.  Those vacant eyes, too.  Ugh. I haven't seen someone sit in a sink doing their makeup since college days, it is so ridiculous, does she even clean it afterwards? Get a magnifying mirror, I have a small one for doing my eyes.  Her jaw contouring looked unblended and horrible in that scene afterwards, too, so apparently it didn't help to be so close to the mirror. 

I don't blame Katherine for being upset about the "family picture" either.  It was a touching scene and felt real as she teared up and she seemed to have actually reached Thomas' cold black heart as he genuinely looked remorseful.  

I don't think Katherine admitting in her talking head that she knows how to "manipulate" Thomas is going to work out well for her in the future.  Girl, keep that to yourself!   Does that manipulation include the "Same time next year" booty call that Thomas was referring to? 

I wish Katherine would quit mentioning her stretch marks.  I know she was young when she had kids, but that's just life.  If she keeps dwelling on it and tells potential boyfriends they will be looking for them, when I am quite sure she still has a beautiful body with or without stretch marks.  It's like she blames Thomas for ruining her figure for other men and elicits no sympathy from me.   Also that hair do that looks like a weird combover that is lacquered down on the back of her head needs attention.  

So Naomi got a nose job but we haven't seen the new nose thus far, I wonder how drastic the change will look when she re-appears with a new schnozz.  The Yelp reviews for her parent's restaurant are mostly good but some say it's expensive and overhyped due to the show exposure.

In the Craig and Austen running scene it was endearing to see them each talk to the dogs.  They both need to quit skipping "leg day" at the gym though.  

I agree with Austen that creating a lower alcohol beer makes sense --I couldn't believe how many restaurants are serving the high alcohol craft beers back in Charleston--they pack a punch--we were at a restaurant and I declined an offer for a second one from our server because I was driving and she said "Oh, you can share it with your husband!"  HUH?  These beers are not your father's beer and definitely not suitable for driving after imbibing more than a couple. 

• Love 1
On 5/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, Former Nun said:

I wish Austin's mouth didn't look so Muppetish to me.  He's a cute enough guy, but that oversize tongue distracts.

Great minds, and you nailed it --it's the big tongue that causes the speech impediment.  To think of that tongue coming at your for a kiss, GAH! 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 7:08 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

It's true, Facebook threads on our beach community are filled with locals complaining about over development without enough infrastructure to supply free flowing traffic.  The topography of barrier islands isn't conducive to over development, either.  There is usually only one way to get in and out for most of these barrier islands like Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, Kiawah, Edisto. But this is happening in other places, too.  Most of the U.S. population lives on the coasts.  I know a few people who have left the beach to go live in the mountains of North Carolina.  To get into our beach town in high season it can take hours of queuing up and tempers run high. 

As for Katherine's call to the department store owner, who makes a call to a prospective employer while driving?  What if you need details of past employment or other information during the call?  Really, you couldn’t pull over for five minutes? Of course this is all producer manipulated and perhaps they wanted a change of scenery from Katherine’s apartment.

I took a walking tour in downtown Charleston earlier this year and our very erudite and informed historian guide shocked us by telling us that the cobblestone on Chalmer’s street were laid down as recently at the 70’s.  I can’t find a source online to confirm this, but am certain it must have had them in some era before that and then it was at one time paved over then replaced to bring back the charm.  While Cameran's story of pregnant women shaking themselves in to labor on the cobblestones is charming, one should also keep in mind that one of many slave "marts" was also located on that street. It is now a museum and it is very important to recognize the fact that many of the wealthy ladies and gents of Charleston back in that day were wealthy due to being slaveowners.  

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

So Naomi got a nose job but we haven't seen the new nose thus far, I wonder how drastic the change will look when she re-appears with a new schnozz.

If the most recent show is still available to you, you can see it.  We see "old nose" Naomie in a regular scene, and then "new nose" Naomie is in a talking head segment (wearing a pretty black dress).  At first I couldn't figure out who the person was...and what she was trying to contribute to the show--she looked THAT different...but nice.

Edited by Former Nun
a space
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Great minds, and you nailed it --it's the big tongue that causes the speech impediment.  To think of that tongue coming at your for a kiss, GAH! 

Thanks for that visual. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There are so many dog-people on these shows and it´s gotten boring, so I wish Craig would just take a firm stand on being a cat-person. I think Patricia would have liked it if he had come straight out the gate with just doing a cat pillow. I´m sure dog things sell more, but Craig needs to just get 100% on board with cats. He should also get a cat so we could have scenes with him chilling with a cat and asking his cat for advice and stuff. We all know that Gizmo was probably the driving force behind Craig taking the bar exam and investing in real-estate etc. And even though Naomi sucks now, we should remember that it was thanks to her that we got to see the amazing quality tv of Craig and Gizmo.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, Sterling said:

My arm gets horribly bruised sometimes when they take blood.  Like, completely swollen, entire inside of forearm black & blue for days.  My left arm is better than my right, but inserting the needle the tiniest bit wrong, and it looks even worse than Katherine's.

Since she has to go for regular blood tests, I believe her story.  Mine would look worse if I had to get them regularly.

I don't. Blood tests are not the test of choice for drug testing to determine a hx of use. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I don't. Blood tests are not the test of choice for drug testing to determine a hx of use. 

This was covered in the 1st episode thread.  Per their custody agreement, Thomas can request drug tests on Kathryn at any time & dictates the type of test because he pays for it, unless she fails.

I don't believe it. It is not the best indicator of drug use. It has a very short detection period. Blood tests are not used for that purpose UDS or follicle tests are.

• Love 1

Thomas can request drug tests on Kathryn at any time. He will bear the expense unless Kathryn fails the test. If she fails she must pay him back within ten days. Thomas requests the test via the wizard and Kathryn must be tested within 24 hours of his posted request so she must check the system at least daily. Failure to test within 24 hours will be treated as a failed test and return her to Phase One.

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/06/30/thomas-ravenel-wins-full-custody-of-both-children-in-final-order/

Maybe you should let him know that he's not picking the best one?

They are now in phase 5, a full 12 months post agreement and are returning to mediation for joint custody. 

How can all of these people drive such nice cars yet none of them have a hands free link for their phone? What is that?

Chelsea isn’t going to be into Austyuntil she see him throw a punch for her. It’s gross.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1