Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Exes on the Half Shell

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

OY!  Sends shivers down the spine.  I love the scenery of SC and would love to go but I am afraid I would be in a panic the whole time.  I have had a giant cockroach land on me once and its been nearly 30 years and I still have not recovered.  Sucker was the size of a bic lighter.  HA!

The husband and I lived in Florida for 18 months and then moved back to New York.  I am petrified of bugs, so had the inside of the house sprayed once and the outside sprayed every month thereafter.  NEVER saw a bug of any kind.  You just have to have it sprayed.  Anyhow, I'm dying to see Charleston since this show came on.  It looks so charming and historical.  Lots of people we know have moved down there for various reasons and they love it.   P.s.  There are bugs up north too in summertime, but not palmettos.  Oh, and plenty of alligators down south if you like them, ha ha.

• Love 1

I have to say Naomie is quite ambitious. I'm bored now so I may be overestimating her. It takes months to open up a restaurant. It seems like Naomie is trying extra hard for that good publicity for the restaurant.  Opening restaurants are very risky and fail a lot and Naomie needs her parent's money to fund her life. The apology to Peyton was graceful but I think when Austin wasn't on her side she realized she needed to back peddle. She needed to make sure the restaurant didn't get any negative feedback. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kathryn wouldn't have so many shippers if she was dumpy little hag.  Her height makes her magnetizing and she does really catch your eye.  But girl is a big lump of nothing.  She's completely devoid of emotion and seems to barely be able to mumble at most times.  There's mention that this is drug/prescription induced but I think that honestly she is just lacking in personality.  If she wasn't pretty, I don't believe the support and fan base would be there.

I wish Whitney was on more.  It was just so fun to snark on his lifestyle and fake foreign lover!

Does Craig truly even sew??  I know he uses the embroidery feature on his machine, which makes him personally responsible for 0% of the handiwork.  Does he cut and use a pattern?  I believe that even those that are basically unfamiliar with sewing would be able to figure out how to make a pillow.  Not being critical because I like Craig.  It's just an honest question!      

I watched all the episodes from the second one until this one yesterday to catch up, so I'm not sure what episode it was, and I wasn't paying 100% attention, but Craig did say "your pattern sucks, lady" about something he was sewing, so I think he does some simple construction from patterns and not just embroidery, but he sure does love his embroidery feature and I don't blame him.  I'd be embroidering everything if I had a fancy embroidery machine and not just a sewing machine.  

I'm not quite understanding why Naomie is so crazy angry and bitter.  It's not like Craig totally fucked her over or cheated on her or something.  She wasn't happy with where he was in life and he wasn't happy with her nagging him about it so they broke up.  Honestly, if I had reality TV money coming in and didn't need to have a real job I'd just garden and sew and do other crafty crap just like Craig.

1 minute ago, tiffbook said:

I have to say Naomie is quite ambitious. I'm bored now so I may be overestimating her. It takes months to open up a restaurant. It seems like Naomie is trying extra hard for that good publicity for the restaurant.  Opening restaurants are very risky and fail a lot and Naomie needs her parent's money to fund her life. The apology to Peyton was graceful but I think when Austin wasn't on her side she realized she needed to back peddle. She needed to make sure the restaurant didn't get any negative feedback. 

So Naomie is ambitious because her parents did the work to open up a restaurant?

• Love 19
5 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Thomas should have been the one to extend the invitation but since he didn't, it was sweet that she offered. 

Wasn't it TR that told Kathryn that it was Ashley's idea?  Very odd.  Thomas should have just invited her, but I guess he was attempting to gain points for Ashley.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I watched all the episodes from the second one until this one yesterday to catch up, so I'm not sure what episode it was, and I wasn't paying 100% attention, but Craig did say "your pattern sucks, lady" about something he was sewing, so I think he does some simple construction from patterns and not just embroidery, but he sure does love his embroidery feature and I don't blame him.  I'd be embroidering everything if I had a fancy embroidery machine and not just a sewing machine.  

I'm not quite understanding why Naomie is so crazy angry and bitter.  It's not like Craig totally fucked her over or cheated on her or something.  She wasn't happy with where he was in life and he wasn't happy with her nagging him about it so they broke up.  Honestly, if I had reality TV money coming in and didn't need to have a real job I'd just garden and sew and do other crafty crap just like Craig.

So Naomie is ambitious because her parents did the work to open up a restaurant?

I was trying to say how she is working hard to be the center of the show for this season for the promotion of the restaurant. Her apology didn't seemed from a place of genuine  Most of the episodes were about her and her arguments. It's just what I got from her. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

The husband and I lived in Florida for 18 months and then moved back to New York.  I am petrified of bugs, so had the inside of the house sprayed once and the outside sprayed every month thereafter.  NEVER saw a bug of any kind.  You just have to have it sprayed.  Anyhow, I'm dying to see Charleston since this show came on.  It looks so charming and historical.  Lots of people we know have moved down there for various reasons and they love it.   P.s.  There are bugs up north too in summertime, but not palmettos.  Oh, and plenty of alligators down south if you like them, ha ha.

Thank you!  We have them where I am as well but they aren't everywhere thank god.  Maybe I will put my big girl pants on one day and get there.  The ghost stories would be fascinating and I love the architecture.  So they don't randomly dive bomb ya when you are outside?  Nightmares I tell ya.  I do like alligators so that wouldn't bug me!  Guess its time to face this fear.

I haven't seen this ep yet, watching tonight.  I wonder what Ashley thinks of all these assault stories?  She has gotten painfully thin looking since being with old man perv.  Wonder why?  She was tiny before (but cute figure) but its alarming how thin she is now.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The single most terrifying thing I have ever had to do for myself.

I agree wholeheartedly!  Sometimes it's best to have things a bit more fuzzy!

• Love 10
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you!  We have them where I am as well but they aren't everywhere thank god.  Maybe I will put my big girl pants on one day and get there.  The ghost stories would be fascinating and I love the architecture.  So they don't randomly dive bomb ya when you are outside?  Nightmares I tell ya.  I do like alligators so that wouldn't bug me!  Guess its time to face this fear.

I haven't seen this ep yet, watching tonight.  I wonder what Ashley thinks of all these assault stories?  She has gotten painfully thin looking since being with old man perv.  Wonder why?  She was tiny before (but cute figure) but its alarming how thin she is now.  

40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When in Florida, we never saw the palmettos outside, only those little salamanders and red ants which attack if you step on them.  Otherwise, nothing in the house.   No matter where you go or live, there's always something, and I just scream .. The husband thinks I'm nuts.  Oh, and then there are the snakes in EVERY state no matter where you go.  I am most petrified of those suckers more than anything.  I just hate all those critters, ha ha.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

When in Florida, we never saw the palmettos outside, only those little salamanders and red ants which attack if you step on them.  Otherwise, nothing in the house.   No matter where you go or live, there's always something, and I just scream .. The husband thinks I'm nuts.

Good to know!  Yeah, I am a screamer when it comes to stuff like that.  My husband has learned we need a little bit of time between the incident and when he can laugh at it.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Cam and Shep’s pee adventure cracked me up - especially checking the seat and her dress for spots! Their comfort with each other makes them fun to watch.

Yes! I loved that he handed her a napkin when she said she might've peed a little.  The scenes with Cameran are the only time I like Shep.

2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Am I the only one who thought that Kathryn and Shep had a bit of a moment there when they were sitting at the outside bar?  

I noticed it as well.  They do have chemistry.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, snarts said:

Yes! I loved that he handed her a napkin when she said she might've peed a little.  The scenes with Cameran are the only time I like Shep.

Oh yeah, I forgot the napkin - so funny!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I have a feeling that is why it is so awkward to film, you have to remember what topics are for real life hangout, and what is for tv.

And also probably why we get a rehash of old issues over and over. 

11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

"Less visible," but certainly more attractive* with his new haircut (SO much better) and some work done on his skin.  Glasses help too.

*"Attractive" may not be the best word.

Rather than "attractive" perhaps the phrase you're looking for is "less unfortunate looking?"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I was impressed with Naomi's apology.  I was expecting an "I'm sorry IF YOU were offended" speech, but she came through.

I’m glad you mentioned this - I meant to post about it but forgot. It was a really good apology, probably the best I’ve heard on a Bravo show - well done, Naomie!

• Love 8

Charleston is lovely.  Unfortunately, it's hot in the summer.  Really, really hot.

Like someone else stated, there's something anywhere you live.  I don't mind bugs.  I can ignore them.  Even spiders and bees don't bother me.  But.....freaking mice (there was one in the backyard tonight and the dog went crazy.  Thankfully she was on the leash and I'm like...don't like this) and where we live now there's snakes, which freak me out, and frogs.  I have no problem with cutting a slug in half with the shears (yeah, it's disgusting).  I pretty much hate nature when it comes to animals invading my property.  Oh, then there are deer.  There's so many of them that they don't even get scared when I go outside and yell at them.  They look at me with this expression of really?  Alligators?  Nope.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’m glad you mentioned this - I meant to post about it but forgot. It was a really good apology, probably the best I’ve heard on a Bravo show - well done, Naomie!

I think it also surprised Peyton who looled like she was expecting a typical reality show bullshit apology that she could argue with and have the drama continue. I am not blaming Peyton for thinking that she just looked genuinely surpised.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Charleston is lovely.  Unfortunately, it's hot in the summer.  Really, really hot.

Like someone else stated, there's something anywhere you live.  I don't mind bugs.  I can ignore them.  Even spiders and bees don't bother me.  But.....freaking mice (there was one in the backyard tonight and the dog went crazy.  Thankfully she was on the leash and I'm like...don't like this) and where we live now there's snakes, which freak me out, and frogs.  I have no problem with cutting a slug in half with the shears (yeah, it's disgusting).  I pretty much hate nature when it comes to animals invading my property.  Oh, then there are deer.  There's so many of them that they don't even get scared when I go outside and yell at them.  They look at me with this expression of really?  Alligators?  Nope.

Eek, slugs!!!   Hadn't encountered them until we lived in OK many years ago.  Slimey; yuck!  ?. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The single most terrifying thing I have ever had to do for myself.

Right up there with taking a shower for the first time after your LASIK has healed. I’ve never been more mortified by how filthy my shower was in my life. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:
20 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

He's only 53! OMG.....time has not been kind to the fellow.  lol

Thomas is 55, will be 56 in August. But no, time and excessive alcohol have not been kind to him. 

• Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 7:02 AM, Caseysgirl said:

Why do these people always seem so awkward and uncomfortable in any social situation? Their parties and flirtations all seem stiff and not much fun at all. Even with all the alcohol that they drink they don't seem comfortable in their skins. I don't think this franchise needs another season; there isn't one compelling character or duo to interest anyone. 

I don’t necessarily agree that they seem awkward, but I suppose if me and my friends were being filmed for the duration of a party, we might look a bit less “natural.” Also the way scenes are abruptly and edited can throw off the natural flow of conversations I suppose.

21 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

WTF with Ashley sitting on the sink to put on her makeup.  If she's that blind to have to get that close to the mirror she should invest in a magnifying one.

Thomas was completely lecherous around Katherine.  That story about the pochette?  I would have walked the hell away from him.

Ha I sometime sit like that to apply my makeup. It’s just a better angle. Plus sitting >standing, always. 

20 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Who was the girl with Austen in the comings?  I could not tell.  Damn, these new girls look alike.

Some new girl named Victoria. We haven’t met her yet. 

20 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Whitney gave the old “I just flew in...and are my arms tired!” And Whitney and T-Rav laughed and laughed just like last week’s “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?” from T-Rav. Mark my words, any episode now, we’re going to have these two ROTFL over T-Rav giving a “Take my wife...Please!” 

Heee!! Thanks for the LOL! 

16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

*Question for those in the South.  Do you see these suckers often?  A relative told me horror stories about her time living in Florida but she MAY have been messing with me and my extreme fears of them.

My family used to vacation on Kiawah every summer (where Austen’s parents live) and YES we saw those dang bugs outside every night! Fortunately never inside. 

15 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This is exactly what I've been thinking about Kathryn's bruised arm.  I think she was physically abused.  Whether it was from Thomas or not is another question.

Not saying Thomas isn’t capable of physical abuse (from the current news stories about him I believe he’s capable of anything - ugh).But I honestly believe her terribly bruise was from the blood test. My arm has ended up looking like hers - and worse - simply from donating blood at the Red Cross (it doesn’t hurt, but it looks horrific). Plus he was with Ashley, not her- and I don’t think K was dating anyone durin that time frame. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I I honestly believe her terribly bruise was from the blood test. My arm has ended up looking like hers - and worse - simply from donating blood at the Red Cross (it doesn’t hurt, but it looks horrific). 

My arm gets horribly bruised sometimes when they take blood.  Like, completely swollen, entire inside of forearm black & blue for days.  My left arm is better than my right, but inserting the needle the tiniest bit wrong, and it looks even worse than Katherine's.

Since she has to go for regular blood tests, I believe her story.  Mine would look worse if I had to get them regularly.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Thomas is 55, will be 56 in August. But no, time and excessive alcohol have not been kind to him. 

Also, Wet Brain.I wonder if he has ever even TRIEDto sort himself out regard his ongoing Substance Abuse.

At least Kathryn is trying. She is acting Rational so far. Thomas is Slurring and reeling around not making a whole lot of sense.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

If Thomas was as attractive and personable as he thinks he is, it would be amazing.  Sadly, he's way over estimated his appeal.  Now, he's just kind of pitiful.  I can see him getting eye rolls and walk offs in public from women, he thinks he can turn on.  lol  I think he knows why he's gotten the women who have hooked up with him.  Maybe, that's why he doesn't bother to be too kind. (Not saying that its justified at all.) 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it also surprised Peyton who lo

Aside from enjoying her new relationship, Olindo plans to spend the summer launching her business and traveling — and “having some fun.”

“I’ve been dying to get out of Charleston, but I couldn’t because I’m in the middle of starting a company, so hopefully if things are running smoothly by June/July, I’ll be able to kind of get away and escape Charleston for a little bit,” she says.

oled like she was expecting a typical reality show bullshit apology that she could argue with and have the drama continue. I am not blaming Peyton for thinking that she just looked genuinely surpised.

I think Peyton was honestly surprised by Naomie approaching her.  The Craig thing took her by surprise.  Although I detest Naomie, as I believe she trying to be a Stassi Schroeder knock-off, I think even she realized her reaction would not be a logical one to the viewers.  Her "research" on Payton bordered on stalker.  

The scripting is pretty bad because on what planet would a normal person go to the attacker's opening?  Planet Bravo.  

My favorite part of the Naomie Craig romance is Craig's parting shot to Naomie:  Conover, who dated Olindo for three years before their September breakup, echoed her sentiment. “As long as she stays out of my life, then I’m happy for her,” he told PEOPLE at NBC’s Summer Press Day last week. “I just don’t want her getting involved with anything I’m doing.”

Naomie is so transparent, she feels like Southern Charm is new career.  Some of her comments:  

Aside from enjoying her new relationship, Olindo plans to spend the summer launching her business and traveling — and “having some fun.”

“I’ve been dying to get out of Charleston, but I couldn’t because I’m in the middle of starting a company, so hopefully if things are running smoothly by June/July, I’ll be able to kind of get away and escape Charleston for a little bit,” she says.  I am going to throw a little Naomie back at Naomie-who starts a new business and then wants to go on vacation?  Sounds a lot like the crimes she accuses Craig and Peyton of not being serious about their business. Who launches, a company and then goes on vacation?  I do hope Naomie is blissfully happy with her new guy and stays far away from the show.  

• Love 6
(edited)

If People article is true:

Spoiler

I hope Naomi is done with Craig for good.  Whether she returns to Charleston or not.  Craig is going to be doing the same old, same old, so, she knows what she's missing.  I say, she dodged a big old bullet.

All the best to Craig and whoever he ends up with.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I thought so too!  Would be funny if they ended up together.  There seemed to be some real chemistry.

Well, they have already slept together so they have a head start knowing if they are sexually compatible or not.............

19 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Am I the only one who thought that Kathryn and Shep had a bit of a moment there when they were sitting at the outside bar?  

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it also surprised Peyton who looled like she was expecting a typical reality show bullshit apology that she could argue with and have the drama continue. I am not blaming Peyton for thinking that she just looked genuinely surpised.

It was really interesting - Naomie showed insight into her own motivation and seemed truly sorry to have taken it out on Peyton, who then offered such a wonderful line about it having to be about love. They were both unguarded and generous. Refreshing.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 7
On May 11, 2018 at 6:25 AM, bichonblitz said:

Ha, even Naomi's dad was pretty much telling her not to be nasty. It took daddy to make her realize she owed Peyton an apology.

Kathryn has come such a long way, I hope she can see right through Thomas' BS.  Looks like he is going to put the moves on her again next episode. His rambling at the restaurant to somebody that when the "French" get tired of their wives they go look for mistresses? My god, he is an insufferable, aging, embarrassing alcoholic.  Just like his awful, mysoginist dad! That apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

Ashley, stop trying to be besties with Kathryn! Being polite to her when you see her is enough for now. 

Edited yest. 06:28 AM by bichonblitz.

Amen!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Not saying Thomas isn’t capable of physical abuse (from the current news stories about him I believe he’s capable of anything - ugh).But I honestly believe her terribly bruise was from the blood test. My arm has ended up looking like hers - and worse - simply from donating blood at the Red Cross (it doesn’t hurt, but it looks horrific). Plus he was with Ashley, not her- and I don’t think K was dating anyone durin that time frame. 

I am an easy bruiser.  It's hereditary from my mom.  Bloodwork always comes up normal, no idea why we are such easy bruisers.  My mom's coworkers used to always ask her how she got her bruises.  She would honestly respond "my dogs jumped up one me..." or whatever else happened.  They would view her skeptically.  Finally she got so tired of the  skepticism, she joked, "Oh my husband beat the shit out of me."  Then they laughed and said, "Oh Jo you are so funny!"

I'll get bruises and have absolutely no idea where they came from.  It sucks!

• Love 6
On 5/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, eggsnbacon said:

Yeah she does, she loves the dram of the two men wanting her. Can see right through her. Charming, nope, she is undercover manipulative. She is fake, fake, fake.

She wanted Austen to confront and fight Shep or something?

Over nothing?  All Shep said was Austen was getting around.

She would have gone home with him if Austen fought Shep?

Strange aphrodisiac.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I am an easy bruiser.  It's hereditary from my mom.  Bloodwork always comes up normal, no idea why we are such easy bruisers.  My mom's coworkers used to always ask her how she got her bruises.  She would honestly respond "my dogs jumped up one me..." or whatever else happened.  They would view her skeptically.  Finally she got so tired of the  skepticism, she joked, "Oh my husband beat the shit out of me."  Then they laughed and said, "Oh Jo you are so funny!"

I'll get bruises and have absolutely no idea where they came from.  It sucks!

The doctors at the health center in college tried to force me into domestic abuse counseling more than once and I'd just be like "I carried some boxes around" or "I tripped while I was drunk" and they would think I was pulling a ran-into-a-door excuse, but I am always just covered in bruises because I'm clumsy and bruise easily.

• Love 7

I think Kathryn looks terrible. Her hair sucks. And the outfit she wore to Nico was hideous.

In more positive fare, Cameron is adorable. Craig's talking heads made me think I was watching something like Jr Project Runway or something. Also, he has a great smile. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, scrb said:

She wanted Austen to confront and fight Shep or something?

Welllllllll...Shep kinda fell into the trap.   First step: the call-out.   I wish Austin's mouth didn't look so Muppetish to me.  He's a cute enough guy, but that oversize tongue distracts.

• Love 5

Thinking more about Shep:

Remember his conversation with Camaran after the ride down the cobble street?

She asked him what he intended to do with himself, and he replied that he was taking a trip to South America.  Now I have to wonder:  will he or has he come back from that trip with a woman? Did he meet anyone there?  Hmmm.... is there hope?

• Love 1

Austen is not very well spoken and comes across rather simple to me without command or polish.  I don’t see him being in a leadership role enough to start and maintain a company. Breweries are a dime a dozen and even Gentry Bourbon never went anywhere despite its name being tied to thd show. Maybe *that’s* why though. 

He seems kind of namby pampy. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, b2H said:

Thinking more about Shep:

Remember his conversation with Camaran after the ride down the cobble street?

She asked him what he intended to do with himself, and he replied that he was taking a trip to South America.  Now I have to wonder:  will he or has he come back from that trip with a woman? Did he meet anyone there?  Hmmm.... is there hope?

He went with his parents and it was for his cousims wedding.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ozzy said:

Also, Wet Brain.I wonder if he has ever even TRIEDto sort himself out regard his ongoing Substance Abuse.

At least Kathryn is trying. She is acting Rational so far. Thomas is Slurring and reeling around not making a whole lot of sense.  

This is something so serious he really needs to take into account with his heavy drinking.  

• Love 1

On Ashley and doing her makeup.  Um, take a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and pick up a lighted double sided mirror.  Ok.  The magnified side can be really scary.  I can only relate to her sitting on the counter if I'm at a hotel and there's enough counter space for me to sit on it.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

On Ashley and doing her makeup.  Um, take a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and pick up a lighted double sided mirror.  Ok.  The magnified side can be really scary.  I can only relate to her sitting on the counter if I'm at a hotel and there's enough counter space for me to sit on it.

It furthered convinced me the House is a rental that Thomas only stays at for filming because he is so exacting about his stuff that I think he would lose it because her feet were in the sink.

• Love 2

Ok, I officially can't stand Chelsea. I think what really gets to me is the way she is chummy with Shep, cutting his hair, etc., and then does a runtelldat over to Austen, in the hopes that the 2 friends would fight? Be honorable. Do the honorable thing and leave the 2 buddies alone. Bow out. If she doesn't like Shep, leave him be. Let Austen figure things out when he watches the show. 

Gotta say, im really disliking all the women this year--with the exception of Cameran and Pat. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, zenme said:

Ok, I officially can't stand Chelsea. I think what really gets to me is the way she is chummy with Shep, cutting his hair, etc., and then does a runtelldat over to Austen, in the hopes that the 2 friends would fight? Be honorable. Do the honorable thing and leave the 2 buddies alone. Bow out. If she doesn't like Shep, leave him be. Let Austen figure things out when he watches the show. 

Gotta say, im really disliking all the women this year--with the exception of Cameran and Pat. 

Maybe that's the only story line they could fashion for her.

And for Austen for that matter.  The craft beer story line is lame.

No reason for either of them to be on the show except for more relationship drama between them and entangling Shep.

Maybe in real life they wouldn't hang out at all but for the sake of being on the show they have to pretend there's still something between them which could be ignited again.

• Love 4