Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Exes on the Half Shell

• Start Topic

I'm missing the old Southern Charm.  Cameron giving advice to all the guys like a mother hen, Thomas & Katherine  and all their shenanigans, the balls with all the beautiful gowns, etc..  Whitney has no storyline .. He's just there.  Austen constantly drinking beer is annoying.  Chelsea stirring the pot at her beauty parlor.  All bullshit.

• Love 16
(edited)

Thomas' lecher schtick is weird, because besides the issue of it being inappropriate, it has never been considered attractive by women (except women who are looking for wallets and understand his lechery can be manipulated to their advantage). It wasn't attractive 100 years ago, nor in the 1950s, and certainly not now. I guess he thinks it impresses other men and now his TV audience. Plus, the disrespect he showed Ashley while he ogled Kathryn on TV was revealing. And, our Thomas is learning how to be passive-aggressive; he knew the ogling would upset Ashley.

I'm pretty sure that Whitney is sensitive and due to the savaging he took from the public during earlier seasons he has chosen to be less visible.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why was Kathryn dressed for winter and all the other women were dressed for summer?

I think she said she was excited it was finally sweater weather so I was curious of the time of year this was filmed too.  They used to film in the summer but maybe they shifted to end of summer/fall so it wasn't so god awful hot while filming. 

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Kathryn said that the co-owner of the department store was her stylist. Maybe she is the one we have to thank when Kathryn looks polished and not disheveled.

I wonder if the interview was rigged to give the store some exposure. Also, I wonder if they give Kathryn small amounts of clothes in exchange for promotions.

Absolutely - the store front was shown.  Some freebies were given.  I really hate interview questions too - some are really WTF. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

WTF with Ashley sitting on the sink to put on her makeup.

She probably thinks it's So Utterly Charming!  I love the scenes where she's "slightly" pressuring Thomas into marriage--like THAT is going to work.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm pretty sure that Whitney is sensitive and due to the savaging he took from the public during earlier seasons he has chosen to be less visible.

"Less visible," but certainly more attractive* with his new haircut (SO much better) and some work done on his skin.  Glasses help too.

*"Attractive" may not be the best word.

• Love 8

I just cannot say this enough....Thomas is disgusting.  I hope and pray Kathryn stays far away from him, still not 100% buying her newfound maturity but she seems to be trying so I will give her credit.  I am on the fence with Ashley, I don't dislike her as much as I though I would.  I can see why some folks are saying she shouldn't 'interfere' with Thomas, Kathryn and the kids but I thought it was nice that she invited Kathryn to go trick or treating with them.  She more than likely would have taken a back seat so Kathryn could enjoy being with her children.  Thomas should have been the one to extend the invitation but since he didn't, it was sweet that she offered.  I have two stepsons and their mother and I have been nice to one another since their father and I started dating and let me tell you, the kids notice and it makes it so much better if everyone gets along.  We have spent many a football game, birthday party, graduation, etc.. together and I genuinely enjoy being around her.  

Even with the 'break' Patricia is throwing Craig's way, he is wishy washy and comes across very uncertain.  I get Naomi's frustrations with him (more about her in a bit).  Craig is super cute but he needs to have direction and focus, he isn't 18 anymore.

I am glad Naomi apologized to Peyton and specifically addressed that she is not better than her.  All you can do when you mess up is to own up to it and say you are sorry. I though Peyton was very gracious in her acceptance.  Naomi now needs to go back to being more of a secondary character.

I am just not sure what to think about Chelsea and Austen, it is almost a (much) milder version of Craig and Naomi.  Chelsea likes him but wants a different version of who he actually is. 

• Love 12

I missed the beginning of each of the “big scenes” of this episode. I walked back into the room as Kathryn and T-Rav was saying I love you in French. And then I also left and came back as Naomie was telling Peyton she was basically just in a jealous rage. Is it worth trying to rewatch? (I’m thinking probably not.)

I was dying over Craig telling the camera that he’s “an artist” and this pillow is his big break! Patricia said that she has a manufacturer to actually, you know, SEW the pillows—the ONE thing Craig knows how to do. But Craig is going to “design” this pillow? How?!? He doesn’t make fabric. So is he just going to go down to the nice lady at the fabric shop and say, “What do you have that screams Palm Beach cats?” Or now suddenly he’s an “artist” so do we think he’s going to hand design some dogs on the beach? More like he’s going to find a picture of a dog he likes on the internet and have it screen printed on a pillow, like you can make with a photo of the kids for Grandma at a mall kiosk near you. But, this is Craig, so the end result will have a big SHUTTERSTOCK watermark over the 1,000 print run of pillows.

Whitney gave the old “I just flew in...and are my arms tired!” And Whitney and T-Rav laughed and laughed just like last week’s “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?” from T-Rav. Mark my words, any episode now, we’re going to have these two ROTFL over T-Rav giving a “Take my wife...Please!” 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Whitney gave the old “I just flew in...and are my arms tired!” And Whitney and T-Rav laughed and laughed just like last week’s “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?” from T-Rav. Mark my words, any episode now, we’re going to have these two ROTFL over T-Rav giving a “Take my wife...Please!” 

Right?  But they really only found themselves f'ing hilarious (as opposed to normal hilarious) once TRav mocked the flying motion with his arms and Whitney returned the gesture.  They are so ridiculous.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, gunderda said:
12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I think she said she was excited it was finally sweater weather so I was curious of the time of year this was filmed too.  They used to film in the summer but maybe they shifted to end of summer/fall so it wasn't so god awful hot while filming. 

It was filmed October 27th they posted about it on IG.

16 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Who was the girl with Austen in the comings?  I could not tell.  Damn, these new girls look alike.

Some girl named Victoria.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

This cracked me up! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He's only 53! OMG.....time has not been kind to the fellow.  lol

I didn't see a problem with Naomi this time.  She admits she was wrong.  I mean, that's how these things go right? You go off, overreact, then apologize, make amends and move forward......til the next time. Rinse, repeat, etc.  What I do find disappointing is that she is addicted to being miserable.  Craig makes her miserable. They are totally ill suited for each other. So,......I suspect she has to be hung up on Craig to keep her role, I mean job on the show.  I loved the French dialogue. 

Thomas may act like a total jerk, but, I think even he knows that he and Kathryn are terrible together and that while it looks tempting, it ends in explosions and horror.  Kid's welfare are now at stake and he better stay the hell away from her.

Kathryn knows herself.  Did you see her reaction when the perspective employer asked how she handled stress and pressure?  lol  Once you get a big old dose of that, you won't likely forget.  

Thomas's girlfriend should keep her nose out of the children's issues.  Their time, schedules, events, etc. is for the parents to decide.  She really is pushy.

Chelsea is such a troublemaker. I just don't care for her at all.  I guess, she's just trying to stay relevant, though. 

Sorry.  Tom ass is 55 yrs old .. Whitney is 49.

I found it really disturbing when Ashley nuzzled Thomas and they kissed. She closed her eyes and kept them closed. How swept away! How romantic! Really, it was gross. Do that shite at home, where no one has to see you.

• Love 24
(edited)

Regarding Kathryn in the sweater....this was filmed after the Halloween party. Technically it is fall but I was wondering if in Charleston it stays warm enough for tropical clothing all year round. I am from Dallas so I have no experience living in beach weather.

Edited to add...oops biakbiak I didn't see your post about Oct. 23. 

Edited by Bluedog100
Clarification
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Absolutely - the store front was shown.  Some freebies were given.  I really hate interview questions too - some are really WTF. 

I think the change in schedule had more to due with Cam's pregnancy than the weather.  

1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think the change in schedule had more to due with Cam's pregnancy than the weather.  

They filmed the same time last season before Cam got pregnant. Thomas was bitching about not being able to put up a Christmas tree until shortly before Christmas because they were filming.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm missing the old Southern Charm.  Cameron giving advice to all the guys like a mother hen, Thomas & Katherine  and all their shenanigans, the balls with all the beautiful gowns, etc..  Whitney has no storyline .. He's just there.  Austen constantly drinking beer is annoying.  Chelsea stirring the pot at her beauty parlor.  All bullshit.

Same here!

I don't think Chelsea has been a good addition - she is boring and she seems to have a weird fascination with getting Shep and Austen to fight.

Naomi is obviously the other terrible addition.  

• Love 9

I've always thought the Chelsea/Shep/Austen triangle was pure scripting; I even question whether Chelsea and Austen were ever intimate.

Anyway, agree this storyline is stupid and played out. Production should have come up with something better.

• Love 5

I also questioned Pat's offer to Craig. He "sews". He doesn't design fabric. But hey, he sews better than me. If I have a major sewing thing that needs to be done I ask my mom, if it's something minor I ask my husband :) 

I still think Whitney looks much better this season and he obviously only flew in- ha- to film. Still, I think he was mostly to blame for the confrontation between Shep and Austen. Yes, Chelsea is a pot stirrer but Whitney insisted on pulling Shep in from outside so Austen could confront him. I assume that Austen didn't give a shit because the info came from Chelsea and he knows she's a pot stirrer. I'm not sure why women want to see men fighting so much especially over them. If it were me I'd think it was incredibly immature and want nothing to do with either guy. 

I'm glad Naomie listened to her father and apologized to Payton.

Thomas can't keep his bulging eyes in his head when Kat is around. It's gross but I also think she leads him on in her own way. She knows what he likes and she delivers. I don't feel bad for Ashley- she's the idiot that moved across country for this sleaze bag and I'm sorry but a relationship of two months means you take a step back and allow Kat to go Trick-or-Treating with her kids and Thomas. Especially if Kat has been pissing clean. You don't invite her along. Stay your ass at home Ashley. 

I did get a chuckle out of Cameron and Shep's ride down labor lane :) 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I assume that Austen didn't give a shit because the info came from Chelsea and he knows she's a pot stirrer.

But he clearly did give a shit because the reason Whitney knew about it because Austin came over and whined to him about it, Whitney actually solved the drama that Chelsea created by getting them to address it quickly and directly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bluedog100 said:

Regarding Kathryn in the sweater....this was filmed after the Halloween party. Technically it is fall but I was wondering if in Charleston it stays warm enough for tropical clothing all year round. I am from Dallas so I have no experience living in beach weather.

Charleston weather is unpredictable. Usually in Jan, Feb and maybe March it can be 40's and 50's. It snowed this year in January.  Oct/Nov it's sweater weather at night, still nice during the day. The rest of the year unbearably hot and humid.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

WTF with Ashley sitting on the sink to put on her makeup.  If she's that blind to have to get that close to the mirror she should invest in a magnifying one.

I cannot fault her for sitting in the sink to do her makeup. I started doing that when I was college when my bathroom did not have the best lighting. I still continue to do it out of habit at 30 years old even though I have much better lighting in my master bathroom. 

Thomas is disgusting. That is all.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

I cannot fault her for sitting in the sink to do her makeup. I started doing that when I was college when my bathroom did not have the best lighting. I still continue to do it out of habit at 30 years old even though I have much better lighting in my master bathroom. 

But you were a college kid at the time so that's understandable.   She is a grown woman who had a career.  Surely she could afford some type of a light-up travel mirror.  I'm terribly myopic and always have some type of a mirror with me when I travel that helps me with my makeup.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Why do these people always seem so awkward and uncomfortable in any social situation? Their parties and flirtations all seem stiff and not much fun at all. Even with all the alcohol that they drink they don't seem comfortable in their skins. I don't think this franchise needs another season; there isn't one compelling character or duo to interest anyone. 

They are given a daily call sheet, told where to show up, what the event or scenario is, and who they are supposed to interact with. This bunch isn’t doing a very good job of making it look real.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

They are given a daily call sheet, told where to show up, what the event or scenario is, and who they are supposed to interact with. This bunch isn’t doing a very good job of making it look real.

The cast actually hangs out quite a bit when not filming. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mountainair said:

I still think Whitney looks much better this season and he obviously only flew in- ha- to film. Still, I think he was mostly to blame for the confrontation between Shep and Austen. Yes, Chelsea is a pot stirrer but Whitney insisted on pulling Shep in from outside so Austen could confront him. I assume that Austen didn't give a shit because the info came from Chelsea and he knows she's a pot stirrer. I'm not sure why women want to see men fighting so much especially over them. If it were me I'd think it was incredibly immature and want nothing to do with either guy. 

I think at this point maybe Chelsea and Austen deserve each other. Chelsea did stir some shit during her time in Survivor too. 

But really, I don't know what Austen is up in arms all about. Shep was telling the truth when he said Austen was having a lot of fun in downtown after his newfound fame. He did use his new celebrity to hook up with women. Chelsea knew this - that Austen's newfound celebrity status will have a hard time keeping him satisfied with one woman - so she cut off bait early, early enough that they only "lasted" 3 weeks after that declaration of craziness for each other last season. Is Austen trying to paint himself as someone who lived a life of a monk now???

Kathryn, who is fairly neutral on Austen, said that Austen brags about knowing all the bartenders in the city and being "low-key famous". Peyton, who is friendly with him, dismissed him as a younger Shep and was disappointed because she thought he had more potential than that. So it's not just the ramblings of maybe a bitter ex and a jealous friend.

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Some girl named Victoria.

She's Chelsea's friend. And yuck on Austen's open mouth kiss. Maybe that's why Chelsea wasn't all too impressed with his bedroom skills, if he kisses like that...

On a side note, I think Craig and Chelsea may be a good fit for each other. Chelsea isn't too high strung like Naomie is, and Craig, while he doesn't have a 9-5 job, has more of a direction in life than Austen. But I don't think that will happen. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mountainair said:

Thomas can't keep his bulging eyes in his head when Kat is around. It's gross but I also think she leads him on in her own way.

It's so disgusting and obvious.  I'm sure Kathryn loves it, especially if his current fling is around and able to see it. 

But it's really gross. 

• Love 3

TRav thinking Kathryn not wanting to join them for Halloween was because Ashley may or may not be in his life for long, and mentioning Ashley taking the father of her children away from Kathryn - this guy is so hung up on himself, it’s disturbing.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Palmetto

Which leads me to nickname Bug.  Which could be kinda cute for awhile.  I have the biggest fear of cockroaches and all their various names so that is all I think of when I see Palmetto.

*Question for those in the South.  Do you see these suckers often?  A relative told me horror stories about her time living in Florida but she MAY have been messing with me and my extreme fears of them.

• Love 2
(edited)

naomi must have agreed to be the uber bitch this season, in order to get her family restaurant featured on TV..talk about thirsty, she's the one to talk.  she "social climbed" all over poor craig to get a spot on this show.  when they broke up, she must have had to come up with a new storyline to keep her relevant.

kathryn is beautiful, and if she can keep the clothes/hair classy...it will benefit her.  thomas would toss ashley aside in a heartbeat if she could keep up appearances and maintain her composure.  she's young and will figure it out soon enough.  i wish her the best for some reason. 

i also wish pat would get over her hatred of kathryn, and take the poor girl under her wing.  kathryn could be the queen of all of them with pat's help.

Edited by blondmommy
  • Love 7

I really like Naomie’s dad - but then, maybe he just seems sweet because French is such a yummy language, lol.

Also, I like the look of the restaurant - nice vibe. And if it’s an old Pizza Hut, I like it even better for being repurposed.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I missed the beginning of each of the “big scenes” of this episode. I walked back into the room as Kathryn and T-Rav was saying I love you in French. And then I also left and came back as Naomie was telling Peyton she was basically just in a jealous rage. Is it worth trying to rewatch? (I’m thinking probably not.)

I was dying over Craig telling the camera that he’s “an artist” and this pillow is his big break! Patricia said that she has a manufacturer to actually, you know, SEW the pillows—the ONE thing Craig knows how to do. But Craig is going to “design” this pillow? How?!? He doesn’t make fabric. So is he just going to go down to the nice lady at the fabric shop and say, “What do you have that screams Palm Beach cats?” Or now suddenly he’s an “artist” so do we think he’s going to hand design some dogs on the beach? More like he’s going to find a picture of a dog he likes on the internet and have it screen printed on a pillow, like you can make with a photo of the kids for Grandma at a mall kiosk near you. But, this is Craig, so the end result will have a big SHUTTERSTOCK watermark over the 1,000 print run of pillows.

HILARIOUS!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Yeah I used to do it too.  I finally started using a light up magnifying mirror (in the last year).  It can be a bit frightening!

35 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I think at this point maybe Chelsea and Austen deserve each other. Chelsea was did stir some shit during her time in Survivor too. 

But really, I don't know what Austen is up in arms all about. Shep was telling the truth when he said Austen was having a lot of fun in downtown after his newfound fame. He did use his new celebrity to hook up with women. Chelsea knew this - that Austen's newfound celebrity status will have a hard time keeping him satisfied with one woman - so she cut off bait early, early enough that they only "lasted" 3 weeks after that declaration of craziness for each other last season. Is Austen trying to paint himself as someone who lived a life of a monk now???

Kathryn, who is fairly neutral on Austen, said that Austen brags about knowing all the bartenders in the city and being "low-key famous". Peyton, who is friendly with him, dismissed him as a younger Shep and was disappointed because she thought he had more potential than that. So it's not just the ramblings of maybe a bitter ex and a jealous friend.

She's Chelsea's friend. And yuck on Austen's open mouth kiss. Maybe that's why Chelsea wasn't all too impressed with his bedroom skills, if he kisses like that...

On a side note, I think Craig and Chelsea may be a good fit for each other. Chelsea isn't too high strung like Naomie is, and Craig, while he doesn't have a 9-5 job, has more of a direction in life than Austen. But I don't think that will happen. 

Doesn't matter how cute, rich, nice, if you are a bad kisser its a deal breaker.  Life is too short to be with a bad kisser in my opinion!

• Love 8

Cam and Shep’s pee adventure cracked me up - especially checking the seat and her dress for spots! Their comfort with each other makes them fun to watch.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Same here!

I don't think Chelsea has been a good addition - she is boring and she seems to have a weird fascination with getting Shep and Austen to fight.

No matter what Shep or Austen do, in Chelsea's eyes, she will find fault with it.  She thrives on toying with their affections.  It's gross.  She is Thomas.  Who is toying with Kathryn and Ashley.

26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I really like Naomie’s dad - but then, maybe he just seems sweet because French is such a yummy language, lol.

Also, I like the look of the restaurant - nice vibe. And if it’s an old Pizza Hut, I like it even better for being repurposed.

I liked the look of it also.  I pulled a Naomi and stalked Nico on the internet.  The reviews are very positive. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Same here!

The two of them should hit the road.  They act and talk like they hate men.  They are separating the guys from the girls.  Naomi especially ... I've never seen such an angry woman before.  She butts into everyone's business and tells them how to live their lives.  She deliberately broke Craig's spirit.  Now he needs a life coach to build his self esteem up.  He should dump her once and for all pronto.  She's poison.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ozzy said:

Thank God, because he needs to stop grabbing her wrist in anger and bruising it like that.

This is exactly what I've been thinking about Kathryn's bruised arm.  I think she was physically abused.  Whether it was from Thomas or not is another question.

19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Which leads me to nickname Bug.  Which could be kinda cute for awhile.  I have the biggest fear of cockroaches and all their various names so that is all I think of when I see Palmetto.

*Question for those in the South.  Do you see these suckers often?  A relative told me horror stories about her time living in Florida but she MAY have been messing with me and my extreme fears of them.

Yup.  Year-round too.  Unlike say, no-see-ums or love bugs, palmetto bugs don't have a specific season.  They're here all the time.  Mainly they're just ugly and disgusting.  You kind of get used to it.  

I looked up the Charleston weather history for October 25th of last year.  The temperature at 8:00 p.m. was 55 degrees.  Kathryn, in a sweater, was dressed appropriately.  What was Danni thinking?

I wonder why Craig decided not to attend the soft opening after having invited himself while Naomie was on the phone with Austen.

So, for the second episode in a row, Chelsea cuts the hair of one of the guys, gets some gossip and then stirs up some shit when they all get together.  While this might be a character trait for her, it's either being exploited by the producers or is completely producer driven.  I hope they don't keep going back to this well for water.  It's going to get tired real fast.  She certainly does seem to like to have Shep and Austen fighting over her.  

Am I the only one who thought that Kathryn and Shep had a bit of a moment there when they were sitting at the outside bar?  

Thomas is a positively revolting man.  I don't care how rich he is, no woman should want to be with him.  

The 'job interview" was a joke.  Right off the bat during Kathryn's initial telephone call, the Gwynn's owner told her that they don't have much turnover, meaning there was no position available anyway.  Seems to me, it was just another producer driven situation.  Boy, was that awkward!

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Am I the only one who thought that Kathryn and Shep had a bit of a moment there when they were sitting at the outside bar?  

I thought so too!  Would be funny if they ended up together.  There seemed to be some real chemistry.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I found it really disturbing when Ashley nuzzled Thomas and they kissed. She closed her eyes and kept them closed. How swept away! How romantic! Really, it was gross. Do that shite at home, where no one has to see you.

Well, she probably has to keep her eyes closed and imagine herself with another guy in order to get through it - bless her heart!

• Love 11

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kathryn wouldn't have so many shippers if she was dumpy little hag.  Her height makes her magnetizing and she does really catch your eye.  But girl is a big lump of nothing.  She's completely devoid of emotion and seems to barely be able to mumble at most times.  There's mention that this is drug/prescription induced but I think that honestly she is just lacking in personality.  If she wasn't pretty, I don't believe the support and fan base would be there.

I wish Whitney was on more.  It was just so fun to snark on his lifestyle and fake foreign lover!

Does Craig truly even sew??  I know he uses the embroidery feature on his machine, which makes him personally responsible for 0% of the handiwork.  Does he cut and use a pattern?  I believe that even those that are basically unfamiliar with sewing would be able to figure out how to make a pillow.  Not being critical because I like Craig.  It's just an honest question!      

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

looked up the Charleston weather history for October 25th of last year.  The temperature at 8:00 p.m. was 55 degrees.  Kathryn, in a sweater, was dressed appropriately.  What was Danni thinking?

The event was on the 27th which was warmer, over 60 at 8 though they didn’t specify the time and sunset was at 6:30. Some people run hot. 

14 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

So, for the second episode in a row, Chelsea cuts the hair of one of the guys, gets some gossip and then stirs up some shit when they all get together.  While this might be a character trait for her, it's either being exploited by the producers or is completely producer driven.  I hope they don't keep going back to this well for water.  It's going to get tired real fast.  She certainly does seem to like to have Shep and Austen fighting over her.  

That scene as the restaurant was edited badly. It sure looked like there were lots of cuts in there, and whoever edited it didn't do a good job. All of a sudden Shep walks to the bar by himself? All of a sudden Thomas walks out? All of a sudden Austen talks to Whitney? And what was up with Chelsea's red eyes? Did she cry? It was a bad edit. And drama seemed manipulated for max effect.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The event was on the 27th which was warmer, over 60 at 8 though they didn’t specify the time and sunset was at 6:30. Some people run hot. 

Ack, I entered the incorrect date from your earlier post upthread.  Considering that I usually get out my driving gloves when it dips below 55, I'd still have been wearing a sweater even at 60 degrees or so!  Kathryn was still dressed appropriately in my book.

Edited:  Your date upthread was correct.  I entered it wrong on the weather thread.  Bad wording on my part.

6 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

That scene as the restaurant was edited badly. It sure looked like there were lots of cuts in there, and whoever edited it didn't do a good job. All of a sudden Shep walks to the bar by himself? All of a sudden Thomas walks out? All of a sudden Austen talks to Whitney? And what was up with Chelsea's red eyes? Did she cry? It was a bad edit. And drama seemed manipulated for max effect.

Shocking, right? ;-)

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

This is exactly what I've been thinking about Kathryn's bruised arm.  I think she was physically abused.  Whether it was from Thomas or not is another question.

Yup.  Year-round too.  Unlike say, no-see-ums or love bugs, palmetto bugs don't have a specific season.  They're here all the time.  Mainly they're just ugly and disgusting.  You kind of get used to it.  

I looked up the Charleston weather history for October 25th of last year.  The temperature at 8:00 p.m. was 55 degrees.  Kathryn, in a sweater, was dressed appropriately.  What was Danni thinking?

I wonder why Craig decided not to attend the soft opening after having invited himself while Naomie was on the phone with Austen.

Thomas is a positively revolting man.  I don't care how rich he is, no woman should want to be with him.  

The 'job interview" was a joke.  Right off the bat during Kathryn's initial telephone call, the Gwynn's owner told her that they don't have much turnover, meaning there was no position available anyway.  Seems to me, it was just another producer driven situation.  Boy, was that awkward!

OY!  Sends shivers down the spine.  I love the scenery of SC and would love to go but I am afraid I would be in a panic the whole time.  I have had a giant cockroach land on me once and its been nearly 30 years and I still have not recovered.  Sucker was the size of a bic lighter.  HA!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have a feeling that is why it is so awkward to film, you have to remember what topics are for real life hangout, and what is for tv.

Exactly, still doesn’t make them good actors. 

To those of you looking up weather history and filming dates to find out the temperatures... hat’s off to ya!!

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, gunderda said:

I really hate interview questions too - some are really WTF. 

Q:  "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

A:  "Serving time for kicking your ass, for asking questions like that during an interview."

Q: "Tell me something negative about yourself."

A: "I haven't already kicked your ass."

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 16