Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: One Ton Family: Part 2 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"Talking doesn't help for me". No, she prefers to caterwaul like a wounded musk ox.

I believe a Musk Ox’s caterwaul is a more dignified.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree but at least he has a job and has 3 other adults depending on him because they won’t take care of themselves. So at least that is hard. When Roshanda says she has a lot on her shoulders I can’t figure out what she has to do. 

How is he taking care of them? He goes to the drive through to get exactly what will kill them. Then he sits and frowns over his responsibilities. They could just order Dominos and he'd be replaced.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"Talking doesn't help for me". No, she prefers to caterwaul like a wounded musk ox.

I'm always surprised at how most of them don't think they need therapy. They've literally stuffed themselves to the point where they need another human being to wipe the pee off of them, and they don't see why they would have any psychological issues.

• Love 18
(edited)

I actually don’t fault her for not thanking the therapist and reciprocating normal social pleasantries like that.  She’s deeply depressed and I can let it go- for a while.  The onus is on her to take it from here and accept the help she needs. 

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I don't like stuff on my face like that. I will shove the mask out when I start waking up. My husband is a pilot, and I couldn't wear the oxygen mask he has to. No way. So I give her a pass for that. 

When I was 15 I had tubes put in my ears and apparently I pulled the IV out of my hand at some point. I have zero recollection of this.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree but at least he has a job and has 3 other adults depending on him because they won’t take care of themselves. So at least that is hard. When Roshanda says she has a lot on her shoulders I can’t figure out what she has to do. 

How is he taking care of them? He goes to the drive through to get exactly what will kill them. Then he sits and frowns over his responsibilities. They could just order Dominos and he'd be replaced.

• Love 2

Geez She didn’t even respond to Dr Lola thanking her, she just lumbers out wordlessly. 

She said "You're welcome", as if she had done Lola a favour.

• Love 3

Caterwauling must be her go to technique because the people around her immediately do anything to make it stop.... throw donuts, find the remote, anything, whatever, it takes. 

It works for her.

Dignity doesn't factor into the equation.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I call bull on Rashonda. Just say you don't want to do it and be done.

And such a face on that one!  Everything seems to be too much trouble. Just go home and eat.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I thought it was implied that he is taking care of them financially though the sisters are probably on disability.

Also seriously how do these people afford their eating habits? The amount they eat out and just the amount the eat. They are eating literally 10-20x a normal person.

• Love 7
(edited)

Also from the supersize edition, Clarence had to take money out of his 401k to put a roof over both his sisters’ heads when they got evicted from their previous residence. Whatcha think got them evicted? Could it be all that hollering and fuss all the time? The volume of the brandie’s groundbreaking rap stylings? Hmmm.

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I don't like stuff on my face like that. I will shove the mask out when I start waking up. My husband is a pilot, and I couldn't wear the oxygen mask he has to. No way. So I give her a pass for that. 

I hear ya. But can I guess that you would do it if you were over 700 pounds?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Quof said:

She said "You're welcome", as if she had done Lola a favour.

Well, Lola did thank her for coming and sharing with her. I'll give her a pass on that; it's a rather unfamiliar situation for her. When someone says thank you, the reflex is often to say you're welcome. She's probably not quite sure how this all is supposed to go.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

I thought it was implied that he is taking care of them financially though the sisters are probably on disability.

Also seriously how do these people afford their eating habits? The amount they eat out and just the amount the eat. They are eating literally 10-20x a normal person.

I’d like to know what he does for a living.

• Love 5
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

Wow I’ve never seen anyone look as miserable in a gym as Roshanda.

And I love it that Brandie was smiling during her workout. I guess Roshanda is scared of the gym too.

• Love 6

I'm staring at the exercise equipment that's shoved in the corner of my living room and have decided to start using it, only if I can look helluh pissed off while exercising...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

"I'm going to work as hard as I can". "I've worked too hard". Honey. You walked around a gym. Once. 

That is literally infinitely more than she has done in the past!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Rashonda is scared of the treadmill .

To be fair, I am sometimes scared of the treadmill. Though it's usually because I've been sick and am feeling a little unsteady. Then again, I go a tad bit faster on the treadmill than she would.

Just now, ShoePrincess said:

OMG! That was hideous. Where are Stacy and Clinton when you need them!

Clinton's off designing rooms on Trading Spaces. ;)

• Love 4

I can understand her aversion to having any kind of obstruction on her face.  My two surgeons have given me a little something to calm me before putting on the mask- just enough to settle my hysterical ass down so they can prep me for surgery.  It’s crazy how much it helps. 

• Love 1
Just now, SuzyLee said:

I can understand her aversion to having any kind of obstruction on her face.  My two surgeons have given me a little something to calm me before putting on the mask- just enough to settle my hysterical ass down so they can prep me for surgery.  It’s crazy how much it helps. 

My dad's doctor called it the, "I don't give a damn medicine". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MsVixen said:

I thought the Gastric Sleeve was a real "sleeve" that compresses the stomach area!  I didn't know that part of the stomach was cut.

I used to think that, and that that was what the Drs. Garth did, that they inserted air in to adjust.
Now I'm just confused.