Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: One Ton Family: Part 2 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, aliya said:

And wasn't he wearing those slipper socks with rubber non-slip treads at one weigh-in? Who walks around public in slipper socks who's not in the hospital?

I think his feet sweat and in those plastic sandals without the nonskid socks his feet will slip and slide. 

Remember Jelly shoes years ago ? You’d have to dry the inside of them out in hot weather or risk slipping and breaking an ankle.

• Love 6

Ok I’m going to whine here. These people weight 400+ lbs and they can buy stuff in a store but I have to order my clothes because I’m 5’11” and apparently women are allowed to be fat but not tall. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

You know, until I started watching this show I had never heard of 8X, 10X sizes. The largest I had ever seen was a 3X.

Most plus size stores only go up to a 3x. To find bigger sizes you usually have to order online or catalog- woman within is a popular website that goes up to a 6x I think. 

• Love 1
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

Ok I’m going to whine here. These people weight 400+ lbs and they can buy stuff in a store but I have to order my clothes because I’m 5’11” and apparently women are allowed to be fat but not tall. 

I have a friend who is 6 feet tall. She always had that complaint.

• Love 1

In that red shirt you can see the lumbering more than before.

It is pretty amazing though seeing some of the people who have lost 400lbs how they still waddle like they are huge but are thin.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

High five from another tall, fat lady!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Do you ever shop at Long Tall Sally? They have cute things for women who are tall and NOT plus size. We have one here in Chicago, and London....not sure where else. 

I didn’t get to participate much tonight, but I had some good laughs over the comments. Rotunda goes down as a classic. We had some good ones this season and I hope to see y’all in the other topics and shows.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do you ever shop at Long Tall Sally? They have cute things for women who are tall and NOT plus size. We have one here in Chicago, and London....not sure where else. 

I’m in the DC area. There used to be one here but there isn’t anymore. 

28 minutes ago, aliya said:

When I go down for breakfast, I'm usually just in my underwear and socks. Sometimes I have to take things like meds, the odd paper, a credit card, etc. down with me, so I put them in my bra. I cannot tell you how many times I 've gotten to work and wondered why my bra was so scratchy or what happened to the meds I meant to bring... Oh - there's stuff in my bra! Sometimes I go the whole day and when I take off my bra in the evening, stuff falls out.

As long as stuff doesn't fall out at work, I think I'm OK. Maybe. Kinda sounds like old lady stuff, "Ma, did you put your insulin in your bra again?"  I may be in trouble...

Ever find that M&M you thought you dropped at lunch in your bra when getting undressed at night?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

The things that nurse has seen...I wanna read her book someday...

I think in was Pauline, which I just rewatched, she kind of smirked, and "you gained."
And yeah, the slumping.  Reminds of the drug raid family--the mother slumped like that.
I've checked the schedule, and don't see a part 3, so I hope there's a next season.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Someone from the area, said that it's a plus-sized resale shop.

And just want to welcome the new folks I see here tonight!  Stick around, and come back for the repeats and next season.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1
Just now, auntjess said:

Someone from the area, said that it's a plus-sized resale shop.

I was thinking it's the drop off place for all of Dr. Now's successful patients. They probably have ads in his office to donate all their plus size outfits there.

It's been a great season chatting with y'all, see ya next year! (or on the 90 day fiancee boards when that starts up).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rlc said:

The theme song from Fat Albert was going through my head when I saw that.

Hey hey hey!!

2 hours ago, Splashes said:

I think that might be a lapband?

Yep.  That's exactly what it is.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

These people have so many excuses! Dr. Now should say "Talk to the paw, cause the ear's not listening!"

"5af38bf1048de_TalktothePaw.jpg.58638547dfc5cd8033d79aebe8904719.jpg

I am in love with your kitty!  I am really going to miss seeing his super cute pics every week.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 7