Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Allegiance

• Start Topic

Episode Summary: Halstead and Atwater go under cover to prevent military-grade weapons from hitting the street; Voight calls in a favor to clear Olinsky's name for Bingham's murder.

Did anybody else watch this episode? I don't know what this episode is supposed to make me think of Hank. At this rate, it looks like it's gearing up to phase Jason Beghe out of the show, but then what would this show be without him as lead?

• Love 4

LOL! I thought I was the only one that watched!  I don't think Voight is going anywhere.  The drama is on overload with the previews for next week, leading us to believe that Voight confesses and he doesn't have to.  Of course it will be a cliffhanger, but I think it's one of 2 scenarios:  Al checks out so there is nothing to leverage against Voight and he's able to wriggle out again OR somehow Voight gathers enough on Denny to shut this down.  That seems impossible at this point but this is TV.  Either way we won't know til next season.

• Love 2

Well three of us watched. I'm still thinking that Voight will pull it out somehow. He seems to be made of Teflon. I think the show would suffer without. Al or Voight. Need the old school guys there whose morals can be questionable at times to keep us on our toes. We shall see.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I'm still thinking that Voight will pull it out somehow. He seems to be made of Teflon. I think the show would suffer without. Al or Voight. 

Even though it seems impossible, I agree about Voight.  He will somehow walk away from this unscathed. I mean every season is someone trying to take him down.  And love him or hate him, he IS the show.  

• Love 4

I agree that somehow Voight will get out of this, not quite sure how yet. However I am finding it hard to cheer for him to get out, or have one ounce of sympathy for him. I was really hoping that Meredith gave him a Voight slap for good measure. He deserves it.

Although, it might be an interesting dynamic seeing Antonio in charge for a while. Perhaps Voight can get bumped back down to the bullpen for a few episodes. That could be fun to watch next season.

• Love 5

I agree that Voight will somehow find a way out, because nothing it seems can take him down, but I really have no idea how, given how bad the writers are they will likely just pull something out of their ass to conclude the storyline. I am rooting for Voight to go down though, how anyone can pull for him now I just can’t understand. He’s letting Olinsky take the fall for something he did, and if Olinsky dies from his stab wounds it’s Voight’s fault, he said he would come clean and predictably he hasn’t, because he cares about no one but himself. That being said, I don’t feel any sympathy for Olinsky since he planted drugs on an innocent guy, karma came back to bite him in the ass hard. 

I have to say, I enjoyed seeing everything go wrong for Voight and Olinsky in this episode, for once they weren’t able to get away with their crap and it all went wrong. 

I’m ready for Antonio, Halstead and Atwater to stand up to Voight, I was hoping Antonio would break his jaw after Voight shoved him, we all know Antonio could beat Voight’s ass to a pulp if he wanted to. Those characters, especially Antonio, have a strong conscience and shouldn’t tolerate what Voight is doing, the show would be much better if they stood up to him. 

• Love 2

So, i've binge watched the last half of the season and I'm completely bored. I know that people were happy Sophia/Lindsay was gone, but I don't think that's what was hurting the show. They have amazing actors who could really carry the show, a good premise and a solid fan base. Why is this show just so...mediocre and repetitive?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So, i've binge watched the last half of the season and I'm completely bored. I know that people were happy Sophia/Lindsay was gone, but I don't think that's what was hurting the show. They have amazing actors who could really carry the show, a good premise and a solid fan base. Why is this show just so...mediocre and repetitive?

I'd say the new showrunner carries the can for the boredom of this year. Together with his way OOC moments & random characters that we are supposed to care about but never see or hear of again,  the characters are all just cardboard cutouts who happen to work in the same place now There is no personal connections anymore or stories, for the love of god, they don't even go to Molly's for a drink anymore. I didn't enjoy the over reliance on Lindsay and all her drama, but jesus give someone some personality for god sake.

• Love 9

My two cents:  I'm thinking Al will die (by my count, he was shanked at least 10 times).

Voight will pull something out of his ass to get Bubba Gump.

Or on a completely over the top scenario, Voight will kill Bubba Gump.

• Love 2

The showrunner is the reason the show has sucked this season, Eid is a terrible writer, he was SVU’s showrunner last season and it was a disaster as well, his writing is always repetitive, predictable and didactic. The stories have all been the same this season, very few regular cases, a bunch of personal stuff involving characters related to main characters that we have never heard of before and never will again, as well as Voight and Olinsky becoming even more corrupt and completely unredeemable. 

I think Al will die as well, for several reasons. For one, his stab wounds were very severe, he was shanked in the stomach repeatedly, and also because even if he is cleared there is no way he could return to being a detective, and so I think his time on the show is done, and he will die in the hospital. I think Voight will somehow find a way to trip up Woods, and Olinsky’s death will end the Bingham investigation as Voight could never be charged with Olinsky having already been arrested, that plot will end and Voight will try to send Woods away to avenge Al, even though Al’s blood is on Voight’s hands since he could’ve turned himself in and cleared Olinsky at any time.

It’s nice to see Voight not being able to magically fix everything for once, and I don’t feel anything for Al either ever since he planted drugs on the witness, he’s getting his comeuppance that he deserves and hopefully Voight will as well. Woods is the good guy in this story, I’m surprised more viewers aren’t on his side, it almost scares me how many die hard Voight fans there are who think he’s a good guy.

I would like to see Antonio step up and turn on Voight, he has a strong moral compass and a backbone and it would make sense for him to stand up to Voight, I was hoping he would step up and slug Voight at the end of the last episode, he should realize Voight isn’t a good guy. Antonio deserves to be sergeant, not Voight, and I wish Atwater and Halstead would push back against him more as well. 

• Love 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, fivestone said:

Did anybody else watch this episode? I don't know what this episode is supposed to make me think of Hank. At this rate, it looks like it's gearing up to phase Jason Beghe out of the show, but then what would this show be without him as lead?

After watching the ending with Woods and Voight, I thought to myself the writers are putting Voight in prison for next season. Too bad.  It does appear that Olinsky is leaving the show. The cop in prison scenario will ruin the series the same as what happened to other TV series like 'Suits' and 'House'. IMO

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
(edited)

I disagree that "Woods is the good guy in this story"

I can't exactly recall what it was but when he was Voight's partner he did something illegal/unethical. He may not be as bad as Voight, but he is/was a dirty cop.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

I for one am holding out hope that Al survives his injuries. Although, brutal to watch stab wounds to the abdomen are survivable with quick intervention. The stomach and small intestine would offer the best chance of survival in such an attack.  Time it takes him to be found by the  guards and length of the object he was shanked with are critical. Could just be a lot of abdominal muscle injury. The greatest risk would be a wound to the liver or spleen which causes significant bleeding. He could actually make a complete recovery from such wounds with a significant amount of time passing, ie summer hiatus. I think it all depends on if Koteas wanted to leave the show. Do the writers really want to anger and take a chance on losing many long time fans by killing him in such a manner? It could certainly hurt the ratings next year. Although, stable at this time. I'm not sure the show could survive that viewership hit.

I've been fairly angry with Hank's character for the past few weeks for allowing it to get this far in the first place. Now, I'm angry with the entire unit. In my opinion, each and everyone of them had a hand in this. As Antonio said himself "everyone knows" yet not one of them did the right thing. Upton is the only one who had no first hand knowledge of the situation. If Al dies his blood is on the entire unit and not just Hank's at this point.

• Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, preeya said:

I disagree that "Woods is the good guy in this story"

I can't exactly recall what it was but when he was Voight's partner he did something illegal/unethical. He may not be as bad as Voight, but he is/was a dirty cop.

Woods is a dirty cop. When Woods and Voight were partners, Woods planted a gun in the home of an innocent man in order to cover up a murder committed by his CI. In the past, this same CI came to Woods to fix other 'problems' as well. The truth came out when the son of the CI used the same gun in a robbery killing. Woods let an innocent black man go to prison for 10+ years. Woods threatened Voight with insubordination to drop the case, but Voight uncovered the truth about the son. Woods forced the issue with charges against Voight at an oversight hearing, but the chief quickly ended the proceedings after talking aside with Hank. I still wonder if whatever Voight has on the chief will get him and Al out of trouble to avoid prison.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

Woods did plant evidence and he isn’t a “good guy”, how he got out of that jam I don’t know but after all Voight got sent to prison and he’s now in charge of Intelligence so this show has no basis in reality, but compared to Voight, Woods is a fucking saint. Voight has killed a few people in cold blood and has also let innocent people go to prison, he covered up that cops suicide earlier in the season and let an innocent guy take the wrap among other instances. Voight is a piece of shit, and anyone who still likes him, well I don’t know what exactly to say about them. In this particular storyline, Woods is the good guy. 

I think they’ve been planning Olinsky’s exit this whole season, that’s why he wasn’t in the first half much and why they had him plant drugs on a witness, so the viewers would lose sympathy for him and wouldn’t feel as bad when he is killed off. Besides, killing Olinsky is the easiest way to wrap up this storyline, the Bingham investigation will die with Al, Voight finds some way to take Woods down, end of story. 

I don’t think the rest of Intelligence has any concrete proof that Voight killed Bingham, I’m sure they all suspect it but they don’t have solid proof, only Voight, Lindsay and Olinsky know what happened exactly. Voight is to blame if Al dies, he could’ve ended this at any time and he hasn’t, because he only cares about himself.

I would like to see the rest of Intelligence take a stand against Voight, I miss when Voight and Antonio had conflict between them, I’m hoping that returns as we saw it again at the end of the last episode, as Antonio is the most by the book of the cops, and also Atwater, Halstead and Upton have morals, they should start to question whether helping Voight is a good thing. This could add much needed intrigue and conflict to the show. 

50 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Woods is a dirty cop. When Woods and Voight were partners, Woods planted a gun in the home of an innocent man in order to cover up a murder committed by his CI. In the past, this same CI came to Woods to fix other 'problems' as well. The truth came out when the son of the CI used the same gun in a robbery killing. Woods let an innocent black man go to prison for 10+ years. Woods threatened Voight with insubordination to drop the case, but Voight uncovered the truth about the son. Woods forced the issue with charges against Voight at an oversight hearing, but the chief quickly ended the proceedings after talking aside with Hank. I still wonder if whatever Voight has on the chief will get him and Al out of trouble to avoid prison.

Thanks. You've clarified my memory. So as I said above, Voight could kill Bubba Gump (just to even things out).

Now I'm leaning more toward that scenario.

• Love 1
(edited)

Voight, Olinski and Woods are all dirty cops.  To try and discern which one is worse is absurd IMO.  This show is about dirty cops, in positions of authority, who occasionally do something good for the most part.  I don't think any of the above 3 are good guys, but if they were all to leave, that's the end of the show.  Chicago PD is never going to be about heroes and good guys.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Woods did plant evidence and he isn’t a “good guy”, how he got out of that jam I don’t know but after all Voight got sent to prison and he’s now in charge of Intelligence so this show has no basis in reality, but compared to Voight, Woods is a fucking saint. Voight has killed a few people in cold blood and has also let innocent people go to prison, he covered up that cops suicide earlier in the season and let an innocent guy take the wrap among other instances. Voight is a piece of shit, and anyone who still likes him, well I don’t know what exactly to say about them. In this particular storyline, Woods is the good guy. 

I think they’ve been planning Olinsky’s exit this whole season, that’s why he wasn’t in the first half much and why they had him plant drugs on a witness, so the viewers would lose sympathy for him and wouldn’t feel as bad when he is killed off. Besides, killing Olinsky is the easiest way to wrap up this storyline, the Bingham investigation will die with Al, Voight finds some way to take Woods down, end of story. 

I don’t think the rest of Intelligence has any concrete proof that Voight killed Bingham, I’m sure they all suspect it but they don’t have solid proof, only Voight, Lindsay and Olinsky know what happened exactly. Voight is to blame if Al dies, he could’ve ended this at any time and he hasn’t, because he only cares about himself.

I would like to see the rest of Intelligence take a stand against Voight, I miss when Voight and Antonio had conflict between them, I’m hoping that returns as we saw it again at the end of the last episode, as Antonio is the most by the book of the cops, and also Atwater, Halstead and Upton have morals, they should start to question whether helping Voight is a good thing. This could add much needed intrigue and conflict to the show. 

The problem with this scenario is that the show is about Hank and the Intelligence unit. We actually have no idea what Denny Woods has done in the past and what he is capable of. We do know that he sent an innocent man to prison, twice now actually. As for Olinsky planting the drugs on the recovering drug addict, do we really know the addict was telling the truth. He broke in Al's car. Have you considered that he may actually be the one planting evidence on an innocent man.  Woods has a lot of dirt on people to be able to stay in the position he is and make things happen behind the scenes the way he does. Look at Al's current situation, Woods would know that putting him in Gen Pop is a potential death sentence. No way the courts put him in that situation pretrial without someone pulling strings. I don't believe killing Olinsky doesn't wrap the story line up for Voight. I think it would go against every character on the series to remain with Voight in the unit if they knew he was ultimately responsible for Al's death. The only way that this unit can return to normal is for Hank and Al to both return. In my opinion Al's death or forced retirement tears the unit apart and destroys the show as we know it. Yes, I do still feel that everyone in the unit had the opportunity to open their mouths about Hank and Bingharm, especially Jay and Antonio and they chose not to do so.

Edited by kixfan
  • Love 3

I don't really care for Olinsky, so him dying to me will only serve to exonerate Hank. Why he remained loyal to a man who cares only about himself is beyond me. I really thought Atwater was going to tell Voight off for not caring that a young black man was basically asked to kill his own brother. What makes is worse is that Voight could have cared less about how it affected Kevin. Antonio could take Voight with his eyes closed, and he would have deserved that world class beat down. There is no redeeming Voight, he needs to just get lost, the unit will be fine.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

I don't really care for Olinsky, so him dying to me will only serve to exonerate Hank. Why he remained loyal to a man who cares only about himself is beyond me. I really thought Atwater was going to tell Voight off for not caring that a young black man was basically asked to kill his own brother. What makes is worse is that Voight could have cared less about how it affected Kevin. Antonio could take Voight with his eyes closed, and he would have deserved that world class beat down. There is no redeeming Voight, he needs to just get lost, the unit will be fine.

I don't disagree with any of this but this show is Hank and the Intelligence Unit.  If JB decided to leave the show, they would either get a new corrupt leader or they would show Antonio turning into Voight.  This show is all about sliding morals and "for the greater good" types of internal conflicts.  Even squeaky clean Antonio turned a blind eye to tactics when his kid was kidnapped.

• Love 1

CarterMatt – Was it always the plan for Olinsky to find himself in hot water at this point in the story?

Rick Eid – It wasn’t decided at the beginning of the season that this was how it would go. It was one of those things that evolved organically. It was not something that we wrote towards — it wasn’t like we said ‘wouldn’t it be great if this situation happened?’ and we wrote towards it.

I think the main idea behind all of it was that we felt on some level, Voight needed to pay the price for some of his past deeds — that what he’s done needed to cost him something. Through that idea, the situation in episode 21 comes about.

Well this explains a lot about why this season makes zero sense. They have no plan and obviously somewhere between Ruzek's random sister stupidity and now they changed their mind and hoped that no-one noticed. I am guessing they have no plan going forward either and I assume by episode three next year this will all be miraculously forgotten.

But at least they will have the screaming fangirls on twitter blowing sunshine up their asses.......Best Season EVA...

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Guildford said:

But at least they will have the screaming fangirls on twitter blowing sunshine up their asses.......Best Season EVA...

This made me laugh so hard!

2 hours ago, spunky said:

Agreed 100% with this. I was outraged by the fact that Voight didn’t care about the life of that young black guy, and I was hoping Atwater would go off on Voight instead of just passively backing down. I don’t like how it seems everyone in the unit is so scared of Voight they just want do anything to stop him, Antonio, Atwater and Halstead could all kick Voight’s ass IMO if they wanted to, and I was hoping Antonio would do so, Voight deserved to be punched. 

While Voight may be the center of the show, the truth is, more and more people are fed up with him and his corruption and wouldn’t care if he left the show, same with Al. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I don't disagree with any of this but this show is Hank and the Intelligence Unit.  If JB decided to leave the show, they would either get a new corrupt leader or they would show Antonio turning into Voight.  This show is all about sliding morals and "for the greater good" types of internal conflicts.  Even squeaky clean Antonio turned a blind eye to tactics when his kid was kidnapped.

Voight’s early prison time was related to his known conspiracy with criminals using a ‘street tax’, but as far as Chicago PD viewers are concerned had nothing to do with murder. He was released as part of a deal with IAB to work undercover which is why he was put in charge of the intelligence unit. The Bingham (Voight) and Browning (Olinsky) killings were personal, but still inexcusable.  However, the entire team has selective morality when it comes to personal issues including Burgess (sister), Antonio (son) and even Trudy (father) when family members are in trouble. Voight and Olinsky took matters to the extremes, but the others almost went sideways as well. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

All three (Voight, Olinsky, & Woods) are dirty cops. Why should there be a love-fest for any of them? I'm still speculating that Olinsky will die from at least 10 shanks to the abdomen; Voight will somehow take out or take down Woods, and once again he'll {Voight} go unscathed as one of the dirtiest cops in history.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, VinceW said:

Voight’s early prison time was related to his known conspiracy with criminals using a ‘street tax’, but as far as Chicago PD viewers are concerned had nothing to do with murder. He was released as part of a deal with IAB to work undercover which is why he was put in charge of the intelligence unit. The Bingham (Voight) and Browning (Olinsky) killings were personal, but still inexcusable.  However, the entire team has selective morality when it comes to personal issues including Burgess (sister), Antonio (son) and even Trudy (father) when family members are in trouble. Voight and Olinsky took matters to the extremes, but the others almost went sideways as well. 

Agree that all their crimes are inexcusable.  

When you say "Chicago PD viewers" I'm assuming you are  dismissing that for Voight's introduction into the franchise, he was busted for trying to put a hit on Matt Casey from Chicago Fire?   I get that it is so ridiculous that he'd head up the dog catchers unit, much less Intelligence which seems to be so prestigious to CPD.   That alone makes the whole premise of the show totally unbelievable and their explanation for it, asinine.  I've often wondered if they even planned on Chicago PD, and threw it together after the Voight character got so much buzz on Fire.  Since his background is hopelessly flawed from his introduction, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that most of their writing doesn't make sense.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 2

Voight being put in charge of the Intelligence Unit makes no sense, and it makes the whole show unrealistic, even more laughable is how Voight and Casey are now friends after what Voight did back when he was introduced. 

1 hour ago, preeya said:

All three (Voight, Olinsky, & Woods) are dirty cops. Why should there be a love-fest for any of them? I'm still speculating that Olinsky will die from at least 10 shanks to the abdomen; Voight will somehow take out or take down Woods, and once again he'll {Voight} go unscathed as one of the dirtiest cops in history.

This is exactly my opinion, and it’s exactly what I believe will happen in the finale. There is no way Olinsky can come back to the show, his exit seems to have been set up for a while, and it is the only way all of this can be wrapped up in the finale, the Bingham case will die with Al, Voight will find some way to send Woods to prison or end his probe, everyone will mourn Olinsky briefly and then next season will start like nothing ever happened, and Voight will remain unscathed and the most unsympathetic protagonist ever. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

When you say "Chicago PD viewers" I'm assuming you are  dismissing that for Voight's introduction into the franchise, he was busted for trying to put a hit on Matt Casey from Chicago Fire?   I get that it is so ridiculous that the'd head up the dog catchers unit, much less Intelligence which seems to be so prestigious to CPD.   That alone makes the whole premise of the show totally unbelievable and their explanation for it, asinine.  I've often wondered if they even planned on Chicago PD, and threw it together after the Voight character got so much buzz on Fire.  Since his background is hopelessly flawed from his introduction, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that most of their writing doesn't make sense.

I omitted mention of his back story from 'Chicago Fire' because that would be too much baggage to carry forward for a new series without making the intelligence team a replica of the Street Crimes detective squad on the NBC 'Shades of Blue' crime drama. Voight is dirty, but not crazy corrupt like Lieutenant Matt Wozniak and his squad.  "Shades of Blue' premieres on June 17 for season 3.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

When you say "Chicago PD viewers" I'm assuming you are  dismissing that for Voight's introduction into the franchise, he was busted for trying to put a hit on Matt Casey from Chicago Fire?   I get that it is so ridiculous that the'd head up the dog catchers unit, much less Intelligence which seems to be so prestigious to CPD.   That alone makes the whole premise of the show totally unbelievable and their explanation for it, asinine.  I've often wondered if they even planned on Chicago PD, and threw it together after the Voight character got so much buzz on Fire.  Since his background is hopelessly flawed from his introduction, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that most of their writing doesn't make sense.

I'm not so sure about it anymore. In Berlin, they recently revealed that toxic substances were released at the police shooting ranges and one of the people they suspect to be one of the responsible parties was just appointed Berlin's attorney general. Even though the investigation into the shooting range scandal is ongoing. Judging from that and everything else that is going on in the world right now, I think that it's entirely possible that if Voight knows the right people and the right people want him in a certain position, it's where he'd end up.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, VinceW said:

I omitted mention of his back story from 'Chicago Fire' because that would be too much baggage to carry forward for a new series without making the intelligence team a replica of the Street Crimes detective squad on the NBC 'Shades of Blue' crime drama. Voight is dirty, but not crazy corrupt like Lieutenant Matt Wozniak and his squad.  "Shades of Blue' premieres on June 17 for season 3.

HA! I forgot about Wozniak.  He makes Voight look like a choir boy :)

• Love 3
On 5/5/2018 at 6:43 PM, Guildford said:

I was really hoping that Meredith gave him a Voight slap for good measure. He deserves it.

True...but at the same time, I couldn't help but focus on her blaming Voight for being the "bad influence" on her husband all these years. I had to wonder, is it a case of someone needing to control an out-of-control situation so they try to pin blame on someone, or does Meredith really not know exactly who her husband is? I doubt she has any clue about many of the things he and Voight have done; but you'd think she'd have a better sense of his overall personality. Part of the reason the two men have worked together so well and been so close all these decades is because they are essentially cut from the same cloth. Neither has ever had to convince the other too much about anything. We've seen many instances where they just make eye contact for a split second and act.

22 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I was outraged by the fact that Voight didn’t care about the life of that young black guy,

It wasn't exactly that he didn't care, but rather that he was looking at the big picture. As he put it, one life lost is better than the many that would most certainly be endangered if all those weapons did hit the streets. Unfortunately, as this show has often indicated, many of these scenarios are not black and white. There are no "good" solutions, just some that are better than others, and even that isn't an exact science, just an educated guess at the best course of action.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SnarkySheep said:

True...but at the same time, I couldn't help but focus on her blaming Voight for being the "bad influence" on her husband all these years. I had to wonder, is it a case of someone needing to control an out-of-control situation so they try to pin blame on someone, or does Meredith really not know exactly who her husband is? I doubt she has any clue about many of the things he and Voight have done; but you'd think she'd have a better sense of his overall personality. Part of the reason the two men have worked together so well and been so close all these decades is because they are essentially cut from the same cloth. Neither has ever had to convince the other too much about anything. We've seen many instances where they just make eye contact for a split second and act.

Very good points.....still would have cheered a well delivered slap. 

I actually don't have a lot of sympathy for either of them and I am not sure how they are going to redeem them even a little at this point. I am more interested in everyone else's reactions than what happens to either of those two. (And I was once a big fan of Al - so thanks to this fabulous new showrunner for that)

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2018 at 9:15 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed 100% with this. I was outraged by the fact that Voight didn’t care about the life of that young black guy, and I was hoping Atwater would go off on Voight instead of just passively backing down. I don’t like how it seems everyone in the unit is so scared of Voight they just want do anything to stop him, Antonio, Atwater and Halstead could all kick Voight’s ass IMO if they wanted to, and I was hoping Antonio would do so, Voight deserved to be punched. 

While Voight may be the center of the show, the truth is, more and more people are fed up with him and his corruption and wouldn’t care if he left the show, same with Al. 

He could leave anytime now, I'll be okay with it. In the beginning of the season they were showing Voight attempting to be a father figure to Atwater, now he could care less about the impossible situation he placed him in . I think if Antonio went after Voight he would be beating the deal out of him for all the stunts he's pulled over the last few years, Voight might not survive that. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, spunky said:

He could leave anytime now, I'll be okay with it. In the beginning of the season they were showing Voight attempting to be a father figure to Atwater, now he could care less about the impossible situation he placed him in . I think if Antonio went after Voight he would be beating the deal out of him for all the stunts he's pulled over the last few years, Voight might not survive that. 

I think Voight’s to the point where he doesn’t give a fuck about anyone or anything but himself. He’s lost everyone close to him, his wife, his son, Lindsay, his daughter in law and grandson moved far away, and now he may lose Al. He has completely gone off the deep end it seems, and he treats everyone around him like shit. I miss Antonio and Halstead standing up to him like they used to, it seems everyone is too afraid of Voight, like I said, I was hoping Antonio would take a swing at him after Voight shoved him in the last episode. 

• Love 3
On 5/6/2018 at 6:23 AM, dreamcatcher said:

IMO, it's because they lost Derek Haas as the showrunner.  He wrote much, much better stories than whoever is writing now.  Sophia/Lindsay was never the biggest problem, and I think even Sophia/Lindsay critics can admit to that because people could still watch and just ignore her stories.  Now, it's all just awful.  Hailey has no point, no backstory, and can barely act; Burgess and Antonio are barely ever seen; Al wasn't seen at all until the past 2 episodes and now they are just getting rid of him; and even Halstead, Atwater, and Ruzek weren't able to carry episodes with the bad storylines.  So... yeah.  The new writers ruined it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

IMO, it's because they lost Derek Haas as the showrunner.  He wrote much, much better stories than whoever is writing now.  Sophia/Lindsay was never the biggest problem, and I think even Sophia/Lindsay critics can admit to that because people could still watch and just ignore her stories.  Now, it's all just awful.  Hailey has no point, no backstory, and can barely act; Burgess and Antonio are barely ever seen; Al wasn't seen at all until the past 2 episodes and now they are just getting rid of him; and even Halstead, Atwater, and Ruzek weren't able to carry episodes with the bad storylines.  So... yeah.  The new writers ruined it.

Yes, yes, and yes. You said a mouthful, and I totally agree.

• Love 1

Listening to a couple of interviews with Paddy lately. And it's not looking good for any improvements.

It was pretty damming imo when an actor comments that he has no idea if his character is a good guy, bad guy, what his morals are, what he's going to do....if someone can play a character for 4yrs and have no idea about him says a lot about the inconsistency of the writing..and that's not a good thing.

He also commented in another interview when asked about moving away from having any personal SL/moments...that they are going down the path of having random characters turn up that have a history with our current cast (like his sister, Voights random badgirl, Antonio's booty call) and that is supposed to provide the 'personal' part of the show, if that's the way its going then we are in for another lame season. No more Molly's, no more relationships, no more funny/light moments just never ending angsty drama over people we don't give a shit about.

Great job Eid....SVU must be dancing in the streets that they got rid of this guy.

• Love 5

As someone who has always loved the L&O shows and SVU but has been iffy on this show because of the unrealistic nature of the premise and Voight’s unlikable character, I’m glad SVU is rid of Eid, he’s a joke, holy shit has he ruined this show. A ton of stories about characters we’ve never heard of and never will again, characters acting OOC whenever the plot calls for it, underuse of certain characters, storylines that seem to go nowhere like Ruzek/Woods, and now it appears they are killing off Olinsky. Eid is an awful writer and has no clue about the characters he’s writing for, most fans of this show could’ve written a better season than him. 

• Love 3
On 7 May 2018 at 12:42 AM, Guildford said:

Are there any left? I kind of thought the fan girls disappeared with Linstead.  Unless Upstead is a thing now? I never really felt Burgess/Ruzek took off they way they wanted too.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Are there any left? I kind of thought the fan girls disappeared with Linstead.  Unless Upstead is a thing now? I never really felt Burgess/Ruzek took off they way they wanted too.

I can't see how Upstead is a thing, when they've barely shared a hug.  I agree with you, I think the screaming fangirls left with Sophia.

19 hours ago, preeya said:

Yes, yes, and yes. You said a mouthful, and I totally agree.

Thanks.  This used to be one of my favorite shows.  Now?  I forget that it's on.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

No they are still there....unfortunately and worse than the Linstead shippers ever were.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:11 PM, Xeliou66 said:
On 5/6/2018 at 7:08 PM, preeya said:

BINGO!

• Love 2