Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Go Cubs

I really loved this episode.  A few thoughts based on the lively comments here.  My parents were immigrants and part of the "model minority".  My dad owned a successful small business when we were growing up.  Then, a few missteps happened and my dad declared bankruptcy.  Both my parents (who were well into their 50's and 60's) had to get jobs at the mall.  My dad HATED it.  But, thankfully that job existed.  After a few years of that crap, they decided their best strategy was to move back to their home country.  They'd still collect social security and they had had a house built there (so no rent).  Now, they live comfortably vs. dealing with creeps in retail and worrying about a medical catastrophe.  Not everyone has that option.  I can see how the Connors are basically stuck.  

Would I go to an unknown neighbor's house at 2am- NO WAY!  I do like how loyal Rosanne is to her grandkids. She will do anything for them.  I do wish she wasn't such a bitch about asking for a favor (the bat).  And she didn't seem to act like waking someone up that early was an inconvenience or could cause THEM to feel unsafe.  It made me think of current police situations... if the Yemen family had reacted anyway defensively would they have been found at fault? 

I don't know anything about EBT- do you need to be a citizen or have a green card to qualify? 

As for the "luxury items" for poor. Given how much money our country wastes on the inflated salaries of politicians (they get salary and bennies for life after just one term in office), I say that questioning if someone who uses an EBT card has the right to a car or cell phone is ridiculous.  In today's society those are considered basic needs.  Now, my parents grew up in what our current administration may consider a sh!t-hole, so they were fine not having any things including cable, internet, or cell phones when times were tight.  They also were a lot older so they hadn't been accustomed to the technology.  

is that idiot David paying child support while boinking "Blue"?  I hate how on TV moms will indignantly refuse child support from a father, saying how she can "do it on her own".  Girl, if you don't need that money, squirrel it away in a savings account for your kids!  Obviously the Connors could use a few bucks for the extra electricity/water/food those kids are using. 

• Love 7