Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m slow —-Victoria looks like how Kristen and Jax smell?  Kristen and Jax who?

I find the comments about Victoria’s looks sad.  My daughter, who has 2 small children, sports the messy bun a lot.  I would never dream of putting her down for that. I’m happy when we can get together, and I’ve sported the messy bun myself after a busy day....and I have no funky smell.  Victoria was dressed nicely......why assume she smells?  I’ve never assumed Adam smelled either.  

Color me totally lost.

That’s a lot of assumptions and IF’s.  

No that's actually going by how the relationship was presented and how Carole continually described her relationship with Adam throughout the seasons.

• Love 4

Carole should know by now that men can completely compartmentalize sex and love. And that there are different kinds of love. And just because you like fucking them and you happen love them too can still mean you don't see yourself building a life with that person.

She's always seemed immature to me despite the cool and indifferent facade.

Remember, Dr Seuss said don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, escatefromny said:

I couldn’t even focus on the nonsense coming out of Carol’s mouth because I could’t stop looking at Carol’s mouth - the right side doesn’t even move anymore.  She had a challenging mouth to begin with, why fool around with Botox/fillers (?) in an already troublesome area!?!  Also, how can 3 hard boiled eggs be too much but 1 hard boiled and 2 scrambled not be too much??  It is still 3 eggs?!?!

So much to say about Ramona at the nail salon (hair, make up, outfit) but what stood out to me was the look of absolute glee in learning Carol had no idea that Bethany took Dorinda the Drunk to Puerto Rico.

Dorinda has a major inferiority complex that seems to drive a lot of the drunk outbursts (whether someone walking in the door ahead of her a la Heather, or not feeling as accomplished as the Miami dinner companions, even her hatred toward Sonja) ... maybe the booze gives her “Dutch courage” or she’s just an “angry drunk”.

I also noticed Carole's mouth.  Somehow, it's the first thing you see.  I don't know from Botox, but do they do one side at a time?  Her left side looked bigger and plumped up than the right.  Between the teeth, now the lips .. Yuk.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda was slurring when she was greeting them.

Bethenny should have pulled her aside right then and there and told her to get a handle on it.

Bethenny said she was drinking with Dorinda in the bar outside the dining room.  She knew Dorinda was slurring her.  B should have walked D to her room and tucked her in for the night.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

It's entirely possible than Beth wasn't actually scared until she witnessed Dorinda being a belligerent drunk to Father Teresa of the Puerto Ricans and Haiti. 

I've seen Beth look like she was scared of what Dorinda could do - physically - on two occasions off the top of my head.

One was at the restaurant in the Bronx and the other was in Mexico.

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yes but if Bethenny was truly her friend and cared about her well being she wouldnt be inviting someone who she claims is an alcoholic to her room for drinks before meeting her very important friends. That’s setting her up to be a mess.

I don't believe Bethenny is truly her friend. Bethenny used Dorinda's very predictable drunkenness to make interesting TV.

Just like she used Kelly's mental illness on Scary Island.

• Love 11

Carole wearing her PJs out in public. She would.

Why does Carole need constant praise and credit. Now she is responsible for Tinsley and Ramona being friends.

Of course she needs to mention she was a journalist. 

Victoria's hair looked so bad. Like a birds nest. Who calls their daughter sexy looking? odd.

Dorinda was so cringe during that dinner. So much second hand embarrassment.  I had to FF it. She does have a drinking problem. 

Sonjas townhouse looks so outdated. Ugly. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m a picky eater.  I own it.  I order like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.  It doesn’t make me uncomfortable....I just want what I want, and how I want it.  I’m paying for the meal after all, and I tip well.  I don’t care what anyone thinks about how I order my food.

There is nothing wrong with being a picky eater.  But Carole did appear uncomfortable in the restaurant in Chinatown last year.  I can see why Bethenny would question whether Carole would really want to go to P.R. given its present condition.  

Based on Carole’s recent photos from Dubai, I think Carole really enjoys the finer things in life.  There is nothing wrong with this, but it does show that she enjoys a glamorous lifestyle.

My issues with Carole have nothing to do with how she travels, but rather her superiority complex.   It’s been there since her first season, but for me it really became apparent last season during the election..  I hated her attitude which is sad considering I’m still depressed about the outcome of that election.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

According to Bethenny she told Dorinda, "you're drunk," vs, "you're a drunk," big difference.  From her twitter account:

That was me saying “you’re drunk” not “you’re a drunk.” The nuance is important. Listen for it. Either way....

6:49 PM - 9 May 2018

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bullshit.  She wasn't drunk the next morning when it was said. 

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't put off by Victoria's appearance. I see that messy, bedraggled look on women her age all over Brooklyn. It's deliberate.

Years ago, Mr. Fowler had a coworker who was a titled Englishman. His family had a couple hundred million in the bank and a country estate somewhere but he would always wear frayed sports coats and old (but well cared for) shoes. He wasn't unkempt but you'd take one look at his worn clothing and probably think he was low on the totem pole of life. However, he was the type who inherited his furniture, so to speak. Decked out in designer wear and dripping with diamonds is a sign of new wealth in some circles, I believe. I don't think much of it when I see a very affluent person like Victoria desLesseps wandering around not dressed to the nines. She's doing it for a style reason but ...same difference. I never thought that the Count was dressed well, the few times that we saw him.

Heroin Chic used to be popular too. They thought themselves cool and the height of fashion but they looked like shit even if they were wearing designer duds and had a bath that morning.

I don't care for the aesthetic Victoria chosen and she shouldnt give a rats ass what I think unless she's wanting my approval. I'm not offended by what nature gave her.  I just know what I would do if I had her stronger features.

Old clothes and unique features don't bother me. Some are quite striking and beautiful in their own unique way.  We all have our own ideas of what constitutes beauty and fashion. 

And agreed! You never know, appearances can be deceiving.

Just my opinion, and opinions are like....you know the rest. :-)

• Love 5
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Did Carole attend some event that was auctioning off the late Hugh Hefner's clothes? Last week at a party she was wearing his burgundy red robe, this week she was wearing his black silk pajamas. Her ugly clothing choice was more shocking to me than her news about Adam. I posted last week that it appears that he may have been stringing Lu's niece along when he met Carole, exactly the way he appears to be stringing Carole along now. Keep one on the hook while you are fishing for new catch. He isn't the first and won't be the last to do that, but Carole seems totally unaware of the saying "How you get him is how you will lose him".  I did find the tidbit that Bethenny relayed about Adam interesting - that she wanted him to come along to film the trip to PR, but he declined as he would not be paid. 

I loved Bethenny telling Dorinda that Richard would walk in the door before Sonja's ex husband would. Priceless. I also loved how she handled Dorinda, both the night Doris was drunk and the next day. There have been numerous times since Dorinda has been on the show that she has been a mean drunk. Good on Beth for telling her point blank that she is one. Does Dorinda never watch the show, or is she just happy to keep justifying her behavior to herself? 

Finally kudos to Bethenny for all she has done in Puerto Rico. Very impressive. 

It seems like every week she is a slurring drunk.  B was very kind to her without mincing words.  It is up to D to make changes but I see no need for B or others to keep pretending D isn't an alcoholic.  The regular slurring is a concern.  

Carole maybe should have shown more interest in what B was doing if she wanted an invite.  If its true that B asked Adam to film it and he said no since he wouldn't get paid that is pretty lame.  B wasn't getting paid to do it and neither were her partners.  His pics/film would have been shown a lot.  I have liked ole boring Carole but this season she is bugging me.  

Sonja is going to need a minder soon if she keeps losing whatever grip on reality she had.  

• Love 7

Richard was a member of the CFR? Holy smokes !! I knew he was a wheel in the Democrat party but CFR — that’s something else ALTOGETHER.

Which makes me wonder if Slurinda ever showed up whilst Mr. Medley walked the earth with her. i would think that would be a very major no-no by even a cute, young trophy spouse in that  milieu. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was just a little gobsmacked at how much Carole wa eating. She had 3 eggs, toast and watermelon. She is on the thin side and maybe after getting used to eating more when she was training for the marathon, she’ll continue to eat a bit more and gain some weight. I would have been concerned about her cholesterol but if he had trouble ordering 3 eggs than I don’t think she’s making enough of a diet of just them to make it a concern. It was weird. 

Tinsley made an interesting point. Since when does avocado toast come with cheese? What kind of cheese? 

When I make it I use Swiss.  And top it with the Everything Bagel seasoning.  Wonderful!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Sonja was gross with the photographer. How was her behavior towards a professional there to do his job in anyway appropriate? Yet you could tell Sonja thought she was being oh so cute and flirty. No. She was behaving exactly like the 'me too' stories you hear of men in power making sexually suggestive comments that mortify the women who just want to do their jobs. Just imagine how that scene would play if Sonja were a man, and the photographer was a woman. I was disgusted by her behavior. 

Speaking of mortifying behavior, I could barely watch drunk Dorinda because I was so embarrassed for her and for Bethenny. I can understand why Bethenny said she was afraid of Dorinda. Can you imagine bringing a friend to dinner and have her behave like that? I'd be afraid to ever invite her anywhere again.

I have a lot of respect for Bethenny, both for what she had done in Puerto Rico and for how she handled Dorinda. Bethenny was a good friend to Dorinda in that scene. She told Dorinda what she needed to hear in a respectful way. 

This season has proved Bethenny to be a humanitarian with a heart.  

• Love 11

Watching now on DVR. Carole is too damn old to be this naive about relationships. Carole, of COURSE Adam was perfectly happy to stick around and have sex without strings as long as you let him. I have yet to meet a man who WOULDN'T do that. She was what they call a "placeholder" and now she's pissed that she's no longer needed now that Adam found someone he truly likes. Again, she's too old/experienced to be all shocked and hurt by this.

• Love 20
(edited)
7 hours ago, Luciano said:

Bethenny's team was the first on the ground in certain areas - so, yes, FEMA hadn't done anything in the places in which she went. For far too long, their supplies were stuck in San Juan because they didn't have the foresight to guess that perhaps they shouldn't rely on a communications and power apparatus that is crap in the best of times in order to coordinate movement. In Aguadilla, which is a coastal town in the northwest, it took almost two weeks for them to get there and it was the mayor who had to go back and forth into San Juan to get supplies in the meantime. And then when it came, it was another mess to distribute and it wasn't enough and it got to the point that I had people on the mainland sending food packages to my cousin not just for our family but to distribute to townspeople in general. The aid to certain mountain towns was nothing and it was mind-boggling to see that this woman and her ragtag group of workers, many who had minimal experience with disaster relief, got into those areas and helped before the government agency whose sole purpose is to deal with these situations.

You're absolutely right!    I know someone who was there on business  in February and he said they were told not to leave San Juan because it wasn't safe.   There were no roads, no electricity, etc., etc. 

Bethenny's work in Puerto Rico was amazing and she deserves a lot of credit for what she's done (and is still doing).  Unfortunately, there are those who hate her so much that they wouldn't give her credit if she rebuilt the entire island by herself.    Bethenny is also not responsible for Dorinda getting drunk.   Yes, they had drinks.  Was it a good idea? Probably not.   Did she know how much Dorinda drank?  Probably not.  Was it what production wanted?   Yes.  I'd bet money on that!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, I see your point about taking someone that hasn't been exposed to such disaster but Luann was also asking and had actually asked to go with Bethenny to help, Dorinda never asked to go and, although Luann likes her drink, she had never gone ballistic on anyone while drunk at that point, which is something we can't say about Dorinda. There was no reason to take someone you claim "scares you" on an important trip other than it guaranteed more footage of the trip on the show. 

She didn't say that Dorinda scared her until AFTER the incident at this dinner. I have to agree with the poster above that it's quite possible Bethenny thought that Dorinda's shitty behavior was relegated to social engagement with annoying Housewives. This was a slap in the face, the realization that it's NOT isolated behavior. Hence the talk. 

When did Lu ask to go? I don't recall that. 

2 hours ago, kassa said:

I also think Dorinda was a natural choice.  When sober, she's a  punctual, level headed, well behaved, intelligent woman likely to wholly engage in a process and capable of interacting with people of different social groups (Jesus - can you IMAGINE Ramona on that trip?!)  There was no reason to think drinking would play a large part of this particular weekend, and perhaps if the real problem is alcohol PLUS other substances, she assumed that Dorinda reserved those combinations for less serious occasions.

Dorinda and LuAnn both seem to be civilized human beings under everyday circumstances, and they both strike me as pretty good in a crisis.  LuAnn would have been more of a flight risk if she met somebody handsome, so B went with Dorinda.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Dorinda has shown herself quite capable of being low key. Lu would probably be cool (not uncool), but she WILL prioritize a good lay over everything. So I'd keep her on a tight leash. LOL! 

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't put off by Victoria's appearance. I see that messy, bedraggled look on women her age all over Brooklyn. It's deliberate.

Nope. I didn't even notice. When I came to the board and saw all the comments, I thought - "huh". The messy look is in everywhere. Not MY cup of tea, but it doesn't phase me at all. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Giselle said:

My one question and maybe someone can tell me... What good are cash cards when there was/is no electricity or it was/is very intermittent?

7 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

exactly that was not thought out well at all... the thought was in the right place but come on if there is no electricity or cell service or phone service how the hell are they gonna run the card?

They had to go into San Juan to use the cards.   Much of the city was powered by generators.

That's the only place they could hope to find anything to buy anyway.

• Love 4

I truly believe the rift in Bethenny and Carole's relationship had to do with Adam. This happened before the season began filming.

It see it occurring around the time right before Carole and Adam broke up. Bethenny probably noticed a change in the way Adam treats Carole. Bethenny doesn't always have the best delivery or filters what she says with sensitivity. Or maybe she noticed he freeloads or Carole seems to be the one paying most of the time.

Whatever she said to Carole, Carole got pissed and started hanging out with Scott/Tinsley more.

If it's true that she asked Adam to take photographs in PR and he refused to without monetary compensation - I could easily see Bethenny telling Carole he's an opportunist.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I don't blame Bethenny for Dorinda's drunk ass.  Perhaps she thought even if she got tipsy before dinner, the cause was so great, she wouldn't be a nasty drunk.  The fact that Dorinda breaks bad with a philanthropist just highlights the extent of her alcoholism.  Perhaps this was Bethenny's realization that it's beyond interpersonal relationships -and beyond someone provoking her like Sonja.  

From Twitter, I get the impression Dorinda thinks she's just a bad ass, not some nasty drunk.  She gets a lot of people that love her for the "Not well, bitch."  She seems to revel in it.  Maybe this will be a wake-up call for her.  

However, I would bet anything that Dorinda has always had issues with alcoholism that predates Richard.

Also, Dorinda.  I'm a widow.  I watched my husband suffer from cancer for 4 years.  I am 50.  I am in a relationship but worry about what happens when it goes sour and I'm hurting again.  I also wonder about my future when my kid leaves and being alone.  My mom is older than Dorinda also widowed, lives alone.  Neither of us are nasty drunks.  Millions of people have gone through the same fucking thing and manage to live life without being an asshole.

Dorinda's drinking is entirely on Dorinda.  If she has a problem she needs to address it and either not be around drinkers or exercise self control (which may not be possible right now).   OR ask her friends to not drink around her if she is struggling.  Maybe they will maybe they won't.  You know its bad when the problem is obvious to others and they are compelled to say something.  This wasn't a party trip and it really is a problem if Dorinda cannot stop from entering slurry, confrontational Dorinda territory when its required.  It is neither cute nor endearing.  It is sloppy and sad.  Someone who loves her needs to talk to her.  Maybe they have who knows.  Her daughter is going to watch an ugly death if nothing is done.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She didn't say that Dorinda scared her until AFTER the incident at this dinner. I have to agree with the poster above that it's quite possible Bethenny thought that Dorinda's shitty behavior was relegated to social engagement with annoying Housewives. This was a slap in the face, the realization that it's NOT isolated behavior. Hence the talk. 

When did Lu ask to go? I don't recall that. 

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Dorinda has shown herself quite capable of being low key. Lu would probably be cool (not uncool), but she WILL prioritize a good lay over everything. So I'd keep her on a tight leash. LOL! 

Nope. I didn't even notice. When I came to the board and saw all the comments, I thought - "huh". The messy look is in everywhere. Not MY cup of tea, but it doesn't phase me at all. 

I disagree, why would any on them assume Dorinda's drinking only happened when they filmed? Especially Bethenny, who complained about John having to carry Dorinda to bed at Bethenny's Hampton's house after Dorinda got nasty drunk with Bethenny during a get together at Bethenny's house 2 summers ago? In other words this wasn't an isolated incident, Dorinda has gotten nasty with Bethenny outside of filming before again, another reason to not invite the most volatile HW in the group to something so important. 

Bethenny wrote in her blog (this weeks blog) that Luann asked to go help in PR.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I truly believe the rift in Bethenny and Carole's relationship had to do with Adam. This happened before the season began filming.

It see it occurring around the time right before Carole and Adam broke up. Bethenny probably noticed a change in the way Adam treats Carole. Bethenny doesn't always have the best delivery or filters what she says with sensitivity. Or maybe she noticed he freeloads or Carole seems to be the one paying most of the time.

Whatever she said to Carole, Carole got pissed and started hanging out with Scott/Tinsley more.

If it's true that she asked Adam to take photographs in PR and he refused to without monetary compensation - I could easily see Bethenny telling Carole he's an opportunist.

I can EASILY see this play out. I'm thinking well B is donating her time and energy. Why couldn't Adam take photos as a donation. You would think it would be great exposure of his work with a well written article by his GF. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I could easily see Bethenny telling Carole he's an opportunist.

Two things.

1. Asking for or expecting compensation for work performed doesn't make him an opportunist, it makes him someone unwilling to contribute charitably to Bethenny's project.  Not so generous maybe, but opportunism?  Nah.  ymmv
  2. If Adam was an opportunist for his involvement with Carole, then I propose that she was as well.   Probably some pretty good food (that she didn't have to suffer the torment of ordering from a server), and sex on-call from a 32-yr-old.  There was a book opportunity that they frittered away as well.
Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, windowshopper said:

I live about 4 blocks from Grey Gardens, um Sonja's townhouse, and that For Rent sign has been up for at least 5 months. No takers on that shack. 

With the incredible apartments in NYC, this is no surprise.  For that price you can get a fully updated, state of the art, floor to ceiling windows with incredible views, quality furnishings apartment.  They need to cut the price in half.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I can EASILY see this play out. I'm thinking well B is donating her time and energy. Why couldn't Adam take photos as a donation. You would think it would be great exposure of his work with a well written article by his GF. 

I'm sure they would have covered the cost of his airplane ticket, hotel, food. I thought he did charitable work annually - doesn't he fly down to Nicaragua and stay there for a month?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm sure they would have covered the cost of his airplane ticket, hotel, food. I thought he did charitable work annually - doesn't he fly down to Nicaragua and stay there for a month?

Nope.  Bethenny answered that question a dozen times on twitter.  Everyone covers their own costs.  None of the money donated goes to salaries or expenses on the trip.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Is Sonja dirt poor or what?  Her house needs work here and there.  Why hasn't she done it?  There's probably dog hair and crap all over the place .. And she has a housekeeper?  Can you imagine if she didn't?  All she wants to do is get dressed and go out and entertain those guys in her house and pretend that she's still important.

I don’t think she has a housekeeper.  She was just trying to,blame the phantom housecleaner for her mess.  The housekeeper would have raked the leaves?  Really?  And she left dog shit for the housecleaner to pick up?  Yeah, right.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m a picky eater.  I own it.  I order like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.  It doesn’t make me uncomfortable....I just want what I want, and how I want it.  I’m paying for the meal after all, and I tip well.  I don’t care what anyone thinks about how I order my food.

I do the same.  I like what I like.  

• Love 5

Rewatching and paying closer attention - sweet baby jeebuz Sonja's home is a hot mess. I mean, I knew it was, but all the stuff that has gone to hell, yikes... such neglect. She should have sold that place a long time ago. I can't even imagine living in that place.  And Ramona's hair at the nail salon. I can't stop giggling. So awful... she should just nix the extension piece...

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don’t think she has a housekeeper.  She was just trying to,blame the phantom housecleaner for her mess.  The housekeeper would have raked the leaves?  Really?  And she left dog shit for the housecleaner to pick up?  Yeah, right.  

And she picked up the poop with her bare hand, she said - this one is losing it.

• Love 4

I also sort of related to Dorinda's concerns, as my hubs is several years older and not in the best of health.  I never had kids, so...

It is on me how I handle any future stuff that life sends my way.  I have precious few people in my life that would tolerate Dorinda-style alcohol abuse, and of them, not sure how many would be willing to stick long enough to see me through it.  Most people in life would simply drift away I'm afraid.

Dorinda needs to watch these episodes with serious self-reflection, then take the appropriate steps.

Note - I'll add that a 20-something day stint in "rehab" probably won't change anything.  I like her well enough to be invested in seeing her handle her business.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Nope.  Bethenny answered that question a dozen times on twitter.  Everyone covers their own costs.  None of the money donated goes to salaries or expenses on the trip.

If that's the case, it's not that unusual that Adam might not have the cash to swing that trip. It's kind of shady to act like Adam is a user because he can't afford the trip to Puerto Rico. And this is a bit different from his trip to Nicaragua. He plans the latter trip every year and perhaps saves up and minimizes his costs by buying that ticket far in advance. The same way Bethenny has chastised Sonja about talking about other people's finances, Bethenny needs to watch herself in relaying this information.

36 minutes ago, Lemons said:

With the incredible apartments in NYC, this is no surprise.  For that price you can get a fully updated, state of the art, floor to ceiling windows with incredible views, quality furnishings apartment.  They need to cut the price in half.  

This is Sonja's

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/162-E-63rd-St-New-York-NY-10065/31534429_zpid/

Some comps

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/44-E-82nd-St-New-York-NY-10028/31540297_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/117A-E-65th-St-1-New-York-NY-10065/2089761125_zpid/

Some nearby apartments

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/200-E-69th-St-PH-E-New-York-NY-10021/2105616935_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/151-E-85th-St-APT-7A-New-York-NY-10028/2099255806_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20-E-End-Ave-11A-New-York-NY-10028/2094436890_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-E-65th-St-6PH-New-York-NY-10065/2089811624_zpid/

• Love 17
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm positive that her problems with alcohol and rage predated Richard. The Susan Sharon episode of Sex and the City was allegedly based on Dorinda and her first husband. Those two were angry raging jerks who would scream and berate each other and everyone around them. This really feels like it's been her pattern for 30 years. Perhaps that explains some of her nostalgia about Richard. Maybe he motivated her to break her drunken angry pattern. Maybe she wasn't having a 9 a.m. margarita, watching Law & Order marathon all day, having a salad and a bottle of wine for lunch, taking a 3 p.m. nap, waking up to have dinner and drinks, and going to bed at 8 p.m.

You mean that's not a normal day? I need to clean up my act.

• Love 21
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I may be the last person standing on this, but I still like Dorinda. Yep, she abuses alcohol and is a nasty drunk, but when she went on about being alone and possibly dying alone, it broke my heart and it spoke volumes as to why the drinking. Even though I am married, with a husband in the military, I have spent many, many days alone and have had the same thoughts that Dorinda expressed, especially when I quit working in an office and began working from home. In that situation, where you are not expected anywhere and no one else is in the home, your mind does/can go to dark places. I feel for Dorinda and truly hope she did gift herself with therapy for 2018.

I guess I'm heartless, but I suspect she's been an alcoholic longer than the years she's pinned for Richard.  Yes, it is heartbreaking to lose a husband.  I lost mine to cancer (he was 52) a year and half ago now.  I have a 16 year-old daughter who is up and down with depression and grief.  At times, I feel overwhelmed.  But I'm not drinking my life away and insulting everyone who comes into my path.  Her grief may be why she wallows in drink, but she is also old enough, smart enough, wealthy enough to get help she needs.  It's possible to suffer through grief and not become a drunk asshole.  I suspect she uses the Richard excuse to tie one on.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 18
49 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I may be the last person standing on this, but I still like Dorinda. Yep, she abuses alcohol and is a nasty drunk, but when she went on about being alone and possibly dying alone, it broke my heart and it spoke volumes as to why the drinking. Even though I am married, with a husband in the military, I have spent many, many days alone and have had the same thoughts that Dorinda expressed, especially when I quit working in an office and began working from home. In that situation, where you are not expected anywhere and no one else is in the home, your mind does/can go to dark places. I feel for Dorinda and truly hope she did gift herself with therapy for 2018.

I still like Dorinda very much.  Alcoholism is a disease, and I hope she gets help for it.  I’m certainly not going to judge how she makes it through the tough times.  She’s a hoot when not plastered.  I really wish her the best.

Before I would pay 32,000/month to stay in Sonja’s hell hole, I would go the route Tinsley went.  Sonja’s townhouse doesn’t have any real perks or privacy.  That’s a big no for me.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If that's the case, it's not that unusual that Adam might not have the cash to swing that trip. It's kind of shady to act like Adam is a user because he can't afford the trip to Puerto Rico. And this is a bit different from his trip to Nicaragua. He plans the latter trip every year and perhaps saves up and minimizes his costs by buying that ticket far in advance. The same way Bethenny has chastised Sonja about talking about other people's finances, Bethenny needs to watch herself in relaying this information.

It is an interesting set of circumstances.  I would think the photographer of Bethenny, would be on the same plane she is filming, I am under the impression they  been donated.  Food and lodging would seem easy to swing.  The difficult thing for people not independently wealthy is taking time away from earning a living.  I am not sure what the fruits of the photographic journey are used for-PSA type stuff or is it a record of what the volunteers did for their own memories, shared with other organizations and government services to see who was given help and what services were provided?  Bravo? Adam may not be able to take time away from work, although it seems if he was willing to go he didn't mind giving up the work as long as he was compensated.  Maybe Adam figured if he was filming for Bravo who uses it for commercial purposes he should be compensated?  

Adam's no longer does his charity in Nicaragua-the website has been inoperable for a couple of years.  I do have a problem when some tells another where their charitable pursuits should lie.  

After reading Carole's blog I can see why Bethenny passed on inviting her.  Can Carole please stop writing, speaking about her ABC job?  I can see why Adam never followed through with the book with Carole.  She is so bossy and I am sure she would be full of opinion on how things should work and how ABC filmed things.

• Love 10
(edited)

I personally think alcohol only magnifies what you are.  Based on the angry drunk we've seen multiple times, I'm not sure I believe that Dorinda is a really that nice a person at heart.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

After reading Carole's blog I can see why Bethenny passed on inviting her.  Can Carole please stop writing, speaking about her ABC job?  I can see why Adam never followed through with the book with Carole.  She is so bossy and I am sure she would be full of opinion on how things should work and how ABC filmed things.

So every week we are all treated to Carole crowing about her very distant past and pointing out why Bethenny is mean?  It’s getting old.  Change the tune Carole.  

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I guess I'm heartless, but I suspect she's been an alcoholic longer than the years she's pinned for Richard.  Yes, it is heartbreaking to lose a husband.  I lost mine to cancer (he was 52) a year and half ago now.  I have a 16 year-old daughter who is up and down with depression and grief.  At times, I feel overwhelmed.  But I'm not drinking my life away and insulting everyone who comes into my path.  Her grief may be why she wallows in drink, but she is also old enough, smart enough, wealthy enough to get help she needs.  It's possible to suffer through grief and not become a drunk asshole.  I suspect she uses the Richard excuse to tie one on.

Not everyone grieves or handles grief in the same way. 

I am sorry for you loss. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Do you think he had to save up for his trip to Ibiza?  Or Dubai?  I’m sure taking time away from work cost him at least zero dollars and zero cents because he has no job.  Meh, no sympathy from me.  He didn’t want to do it, plain and simple.  Bethenny didn’t say he wanted them to cover his costs, she said he wanted to be paid.  Probably so he could save up for Ibiza.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Not everyone grieves or handles grief in the same way. 

I am sorry for you loss. 

True.  And thanks.

I guess for me, what sullies me on Dorinda is the nastiness.  If she was someone who was just a sad drunk, or even a happy drunk, but clearly one who needed to stop drinking, I would have sympathy.  But she gets so nasty, so quick that my sympathy goes WAY down to almost zero.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, noveltylibrary said:

I have commented for awhile that the women never seem to take it seriously.  Maybe that will finally change.

The restaurant scene was cringe-worthy. It was difficult to watch. Dorinda needs to get help. The excuses she was making when Bethenny confronted her about her drinking were typical of someone with an alcohol problem in denial. It's always something: stress, life changes, anxiety, other people being mean, etc. The personality change she undergoes when drinking is another sign. 

Are there any other HW shows that have this many women who appear to have alcohol problems? On NY we have spoken at various times about Tinsley, Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda and LuAnn. The only ones I've see who don't usually get sloshed are Carole and Bethenny. I'm sure they have been drunk too but not at the frequency or level of the rest.  

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

The restaurant scene was cringe-worthy. It was difficult to watch. Dorinda needs to get help. The excuses she was making when Bethenny confronted her about her drinking are classic denial. The personality change she undergoes when drinking is another sign. 

Are there any other HW shows that have this many women who appear to have alcohol problems? On NY we have spoken at various times about Tinsley, Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda and LuAnn. The only ones I've see who don't usually get sloshed are Carole and Bethenny. I'm sure they have been drunk too but not at the frequency or level of the rest.  

Has Ramona ever been that bad on alcohol?  I mean, I know she loves her Pinot.  But she's never seemed that out of control to me.  Just someone who enjoys wine. Aside from her arrest, I never thought Lu was that much of a drinker too -- even though she had the fall in the bushes.  Or maybe her overdoing the drinking is a recent fallout over Tom thing?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
(edited)

We were talking about Ramona's drinking on this board a few seasons ago. She was enjoying her Pinot a little too much. 

Farmgal4, I agree. So did I. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Lost mine four years ago and I'm not self medicating either. It's not easy but it does get better. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You are not heartless. Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself. ?

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Reality police said:

Lost mine four years ago and I'm not self medicating either. It's not easy but it does get better. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You are not heartless. Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself. ?

Aw thank you!  And I'm so sorry about yours.

We're doing pretty well in general, even though my poor daughter seems to be feeling the loss more now.  I have her in with a really good PTSD therapist and she's been great with her!  

• Love 9