Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yup.  Look at Erika Jane or whatever her name is.  She posts on this blog herself.  I love it.  Me thinks her and Kyle are fascinated with the N.Y. Housewive's.  Who isn't?  You can't beat them.

3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Erika posts on this forum.  I had no idea.  I need to pay better attention.  

latest?cb=20160923082117

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

extra means more than the standard amount you would normally distribute.   Now unless you're the boss of all the remoulade, drown that shit and fill up my fuckin ramekin like I asked, because I control the distribution.  On the side.   Team Sally Albright.  Judge your mama.   <-- paraphrasing, never be mean to your waitstaff.  Dead serious about the definition of extra. 

It-is-all-about-me.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)

OK      I give up!

What happened on this page?

I have absolutely no idea what this discussion is about anymore.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

a) I can't quit Dorinda

b) I love Sonja's townhouse

c) I will never, ever like Bethenny

d) I think Bethenny set Dorinda up to create drama for the business dinner scene

e) Victoria would look so much better if she wasn't wearing skin tight, super short clothes

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Meanwhile tell me your battery and loose key drawer in the kitchen isn’t full of Heinz packets?

Well.    ::smoothsskirt::  

LOL, only a few in the chiller. And:

69614422.jpg

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

OK      I surrender!

We're trying to figure out which one of us is actually Erika Jayne posting here!  ("Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of Team Cunty?")

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

OK      I surrender!

It's all Zaldamo's fault -- read her post upthread. 

In punishment she must listen to The Smooth Vocal Stylings of Ex-Countess Luann on a loop for the next 12 hours. We may be reading about Zal in tomorrow's paper. ;-}

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

We're trying to figure out which one of us is secretly Erika Jayne!  ("Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of Team Cunty?")

I am peeing my pants right now.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Reality police said:

We went off the rails, didn't we!

Yes!    Thank you for saying that. 

I was starting to doubt my sanity.  ?

10 minutes ago, film noire said:

We're trying to figure out which one of us is actually Erika Jayne posting here!  ("Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of Team Cunty?")

No.    I never use that word and I never wear latex ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SCS said:

It's all Zaldamo's fault -- read her post upthread. 

In punishment she must listen to The Smooth Vocal Stylings of Ex-Countess Luann on a loop for the next 12 hours. We may be reading about Zal in tomorrow's paper. ;-}

I tried to read it but my brain kept shutting off. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I had read that it was actually Carole who had the comments pages taken down because she held such sway with Andy, and that makes more sense. 

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/04/06/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-meangirlsedition-part-3-carole-radziwill-ruined-the-thebravoholic-account-for-everyone/

It was.  Before I read your post and saw all the others claiming it was Aviva, I was like, "Nuh uh.  That was Radzi."

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ryebread said:

It was.  Before I read your post and saw all the others claiming it was Aviva, I was like, "Nuh uh.  That was Radzi."

I totally forgot about her social media BFF Eric Goldie - those two - were awful... it's when I lost interest in following Carole on twitter, she's sliding right back into that same spot again. Intolerable to follow... at least for me. *shrugs*

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 3:56 PM, biakbiak said:

When did it become an option to delete other peoples tweets? 

I think you can delete a person's tweet from your timeline if you block them. You can't delete another person's tweet from the internet though

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Yeah, NO. It was Aviva that did that.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, film noire said:

He was one of the top power brokers, period -- and his grasp was wide (political, as Chief Economist for the House Banking Committee, and Chief of Staff for the Dem Senate leadership under Byrd) economic (Soros was only Medley's starting point -- after his term as Partner & Managing Director at Soros Fund Management, he opened his own firm which became the dominant intelligence firm in hedge funds/proprietary trading) and -- all jokes about Money Lords aside! --  nobody receives lifetime membership in The Council on Foreign Relations without major power and resources. 

I think Frankel's anger at Dorinda led her into saying something petty and sour and ignorant, but even if she were right (and Richard Medley had been the power equivalent of one of Dorinda's "water boys") she'd still look awful for having slighted a dead man.  Such a shitty thing to do.

eta:

I don't agree she was calling him a "liar"( @KungFuBunny, we need some translating! :) but that aside, yes, Frankel can behave  like trash, and so can Dorinda -- difference to me is,  Frankel insulted a dead man unable to challenge her ignorance (as Michael was able to do).  Pissing on the dead is a particularly foul thing to do, imo. YMMV.

I think Dorinda was showing disbelief. The disaster in Haiti in 2010 was a massive earthquake. 230K people were killed, 300K were injured,1.5M were displaced, 60% of the government buildings were destroyed and 80% of the schools were destroyed

http://,https://www.thebalance.com/haiti-earthquake-facts-damage-effects-on-economy-3305660

When the earthquake hit, I remember a coworker asking everyone to donate directly to the American Red Cross. Even after our initial donations she asked that we do it again and again  - the third time I donated there was a section on their site for the people of Haiti. In this section you could pick where you wanted your dollars to go. Food, Water, Blankets, rebuilding. I remember her total anger and betrayal when Senator Grassley's report came out. This is a long read (309 pages)

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/constituents/2016-06-15 Senator Grassley Red Cross Inquiry.pdf

I don't know the kids Michael was referring to that went off to college. Were they kids going abroad or have some of the colleges in Haiti reopened? Who is paying for their tuition?

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yeah, NO. It was Aviva that did that.

Yup - I was a witness.  It was crazy - Aviva really appeared to be having some kind of....well...episode after realizing that the fans really didn't like her.  

On the Bravo fan pages, she was deflecting by inventing nonsense issues with Carole, posting on both "sides" of the Carole vs Aviva pretend fight.  She got really "out there" with her claims, and everyone on the boards was...like...wtf???  I'm not a big Carole fan, but the posts were nutty.

I'm glad to hear the backstory - I had figured that they couldn't actually rein in Aviva, so they had to just close all commenting.  How funny that she and Reid took the lead in complaining about the boards - sounds about right.

• Love 9
On 5/13/2018 at 6:51 PM, coops said:

I agree, there was no need to mention Dorinda's late husband. Dorinda's behaviour was because she was drunk, not because she had a 'slightly powerful' husband once. It was kind of unnecessary for Bethenny to diminish who or what Richard was, whether he was 'slightly' powerful or not. If Bethenny wanted to explain the reason why Dorinda was behaving so erratically all she needed to do was explain that Dorinda gets that way when she drinks, but then she might of had to answer questions about why she brought Dorinda on that trip or had drinks with her before dinner. True, Dorinda is the one responsible for Dorinda but, come on Frankel! You can't say you didn't see a drunken downward stumbling spiral like that one coming, it's what happens when Doris drinks. It's literally her THING.

Not only that - want a pass for not noticing when you were in the room that she was drunk okay, want a pass for not knowing she was drunk while at the bar okay. How about her slurry greeting to your relief partners? How about when she was picking up the alfalfa sprouts in her fingers and double dipping? How about when she was babbling about how much luggage could fit in a G5?

• Love 6
On 5/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, zoeysmom said:

Most of these women have hammered Luann about her ties to being a Countess.  At least Luann doesn't pine away about the Count.  She did the honorable thing-have Bravo pay her for a special.  That way we don't have to keep reliving the past.

Hee hee!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I think everybody on the RHoBH thread can tell from my posts that I'm not.

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yup.  Look at Erika Jane or whatever her name is.  She posts on this blog herself.  I love it.  Me thinks her and Kyle are fascinated with the N.Y. Housewive's.  Who isn't?  You can't beat them.

No. Seriously? You’re just speculating, right? 

On another note, I’d still like to know what “hollared over” means too. Is it a good thing? Do I *want* to be hollared over? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

On another note, I’d still like to know what “hollared over” means too. Is it a good thing? Do I *want* to be hollared over? 

Depends.  If it’s a car of guys cruising by and yelling your name, hollar.  Then it’s a bad thing. If your at a party and someone you you know hollars your name it’s usually good. 

In both cases it means they want to hang with you. Term has been out there for a while. Before Gwen Steffani’s Holla Back Girl. 

• Love 2

Ohh ok I’m familar with the term being hollared at; it was the hollared *over* that had me confused. I usually depend on Urban Dictionary to help me decipher what the young-ins of today are saying, but even my trusty UD wasn’t helping this time.

in any case, mystery solved! Bethenny and Grace Adler are besties, ya’ll! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

No. Seriously? You’re just speculating, right? 

More like assuming.  I wouldn't put it past them.  A woman's curiosity I suppose.  What else do they have to do, primp?

In my day, "hollared over" meant "yelling".  My mother used to tell us kids "stop hollaring"!   It's an OLD expression.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL

I prefer Cuntkins ;)

Wow!  Her lips look nice and normal holding the Cuntkins box.  Probably before she had them blown up.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Wow!  Her lips look nice and normal holding the Cuntkins box.  Probably before she had them blown up.

was probably in the inbetween time when she stopped plumping them - her lips were huge back in the day when she played Billie on Days of Our Lives. If memory serves me correctly (lol) she had a phase where she let them be more "normal" and then decided to go back to the full lip situation. ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dat one?

RHNYSonjaforgotapiece.jpg

As Jill said - with a bwooze thah syze of an eggplant?

“My dawtah got accepted into Hahvud. Maybe I’ll wear this when I help move hah into hah dorm.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
(edited)

Dorinda WAS drunk, and she IS a drunk.  There is just no way around that.

For those who think Beth some how set her up or contributed to her drunken scene, I say you are being naïve (perhaps well intentioned, but naïve).  You can't stop a drunk from drinking.  Beth did say they had a few drinks before the dinner.  Clearly Beth had a FEW drinks.  Clearly Dorinda had MANY, MANY drinks.  How is that on Beth??  I wonder whose idea it was to stop for a drink?  I wonder if Dorinda helped herself to a few in the privacy of a hotel room or something?   That's the thing about being around drunks, they are so darn good at manipulating  situations and they are sneaky.  Before you know it there you are at some important dinner meeting with a drunk friend/co-worker who you try your best to contain/explain.  You will be judged by the company you keep.  You may even find yourself criticized for somehow "allowing" your grown @ss friend/co-worker to become that sloppy.  Hanging out with a drunk is a "no win" situation.

Beth has the weary look of someone well acquainted with drunks.  She just glazes over.  She didn't bother trying to deflect.  It is what it is.  Dorinda was drunk and made a fool of herself and made everyone else uncomfortable.  Beth only offended the slightest of explanation.  I think her downplaying Richard was just part of her attempting to downplay the whole scene.  

Dorinda caused the scene.  She sure the heck can't complain about how Beth attempted to set things right after she stumbled out.  That is ALL on Dorinda.

But as I said, Beth seems to understand how drunks operate.  She knew Dorinda would be on the plane the next day. 

Beth said "you're drunk" or "you're a drunk".  What does it matter.  They are both true.

I've thought from the very first time Dorinda was introduced to the RHONY franchise, that girl's got a drinking problem.  Her relationship with John is more about her relationship with booze.  Drunks keep strange company (any company who can normalize their drinking).

BTW, I like sober Dorinda.  I really do.  

Edited by ezzy4
because I must have been drunk when i posted "dorit" instead of Dorinda
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

This sounds just like the way Bethanny talks...who on these forums has this kind of insight into her schedule?  An assistant?

Reminds me of when Aviva was posting under pseudonyms in the Bravo page comments - she had such a recognizable writing style, and was the only person on the boards who defended Aviva.  Just as the comments were getting truly hilarious, Bravo removed the comments feature altogether...

On the Bravo site, posters used to be able to post comments under each HW blog. Only registered members could comment, the posts weren't put up immediately - they were vetted. Posters started to complain about the time lag and also because most posts didn't go through. 95% of each HW had positive comments and only 5% negative ones. Bravo went ahead and deleted that function altogether because it was too labor intensive on their end.

The message board was removed as well for the same reason - too labor intensive on their IT department. It was much easier to manage each franchise RH Facebook page and Twitter. Easier to block names.

It was Jill that almost ruined Twitter for Bravo - as it was revealed that she bought "egg" accounts and skewed the number of followers she had.

I know many HW's had fake name accounts on the Bravo boards, not sure about here though. It wouldn't be at all surprising if they had someone read posts here and on Twitter to see what is being said about them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Well we know how she spent that pay check.

"Doctor, do you see this picture of a baboon's ass? That's what I want." ....... "No...bigger than that."

• Love 7
(edited)

Regarding the dead horse that is the Bethenny/Dorinda "you're a drunk" discussion, I'll finalize my comments by saying that imo, Bethenny should have known that Dorinda had the huge potential to embarrass not only Bethenny and her colleagues but Dorinda herself.  She was with her in the hours preceding the dinner by her own words, and there is enough filmed history to know the result of Dorinda's excess.

Is it Bethenny's job to police her?  Of course not, but it might be her job to prevent her from attending a dinner with disaster written all over it.  I don't care how many "drunks" Bethenny has spent time with in her life, she isn't a psychiatrist/chologist, and shouldn't make pronouncements like she is one.  They're co-workers, not friends.  If my co-worker called me a drunk, true or not, there would be trouble.

dead horse.gif

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, film noire said:

I am still an Erika fan and I do have a board alter ego named KungFuKitty, but I'm still just a bunny

Kung_bf7930_1059143.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is it Bethenny's job to police her?  Of course not, but it might be her job to prevent her from attending a dinner with disaster written all over it.

So I don't get it. . . It ISN'T her job to police her, but it IS her job to prevent her from doing something?? 

Pick a lane.

Beth had two choices really.  Invite Dorinda or don't invite Dorinda.  Once she issued the invitation, all she could do was hope Dorinda would behave appropriately.  She can't control or police another grown up. 

• Love 8