Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Vicki, Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Dorit, & Erika have had their run. Time for new blood with new stories but I suspect they will keep the old guard around no matter what.

Vicki, Ramona and Sonja are the old guard but Tinsley, Dorit & Erika are not.    I don't even consider Dorinda or Carole the old guard.   Personally, I could do without all of them. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Adam was calling Carole and begging and pleading to be together this summer? And now he wants to see someone else? Hmm. 

I think Adam does love Carole, but Carole is weird in relationships, IMO, like she likes more space than the average person, I’d say. She felt smothered when he was living w/her and made him move out, which is odd, for people in a relationship. IDK. So maybe Adam needs more than that, like he naturally craves more and deeper closeness in a serious relationship.  Whereas, Carole is content with just being FWB and not living together. 

• Love 3

I can see why Bethenny was embarrassed by Dorinda’s behavior at dinner. I don’t think Dorinda intended to say they are hopeless, just that she knows from experience, it’s not easy. I think there’s truth to what she said. But not the time or place.

Dorinda wrote a less-than-kind blog about Bethenny following this episode, how typical, she doesn’t like to take any responsibility for her behavior. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Vicki, Ramona and Sonja are the old guard but Tinsley, Dorit & Erika are not.    I don't even consider Dorinda or Carole the old guard.   Personally, I could do without all of them. 

Good catch I had written a longer post and consolidated the names too quickly. I feel their roles already have gotten stale.

Just to add...

To me there is nothing interesting about Tinsley and she had brought very little in a season and a half except her dealing with Sonja and looking for love in a new little dress and ordering Tito's. We're still getting pretty much the same thing this season and  haven't seen any activities outside of those three.  Dorit while I liked her last year this year no, just no. She was interesting because she was new and we got to look in but we haven't seen anything other than a vanilla pudding family, of which her two kids are too small to be interesting, and her launch of a swimwear line and we saw that already with what's her name's Sun Kitten in OC. I think I've already said what I needed to say about that shallow, third rate lady gaga wannabe, playtoy Barbie.

We don't see a glimpse of any growth, new interests outside of their little lives. No charity work, no taking on new interests, or no inclusion of a family who can add depth.

Gotta go make dinner!

• Love 9
On 5/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

Rachel Roy started this 2 or more years ago and she looked amazing doing it! I couldn’t pull it off, old sweat shorts and a T-shirt don’t play well I never public unless I am walking the dog. I don’t care what Carole was wearing, she is so thirsty she makes me stabby. I just can’t with her. 

• Love 14

Carole came from modest beginnings (so did I, no worries) but why is she bagging on Luann's observations of Doris?  We all know by now Lu went to rehab.  Carole strikes me as unnecessarily cruel and I can't give her a pass for it.  She doesn't show any graciousness I would expect from an educated (she worked for ABC) UES woman.  She needs a time out, or a retainer, or both.  Sorry, so not a fan.

• Love 20
On 5/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, BodhiGurl said:

when I rewatched the episode it does sound like Bethenny says "you're drunk" as in she was retelling the story, like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "here we are, having dinner and you're drunk..." not as if Dorinda was currently drunk. The interesting thing though is that I had my CC on my apple tv (I get the show through iTunes) and it read "...you're a drunk" so Bethenny didn't enunciate well if the majority of us and CC heard "you're a drunk" That scene makes sense though with Bethenny's claim that she said "you're drunk" vs "you're a drunk"

I agree she said- YOU ARE A DRUNK

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 8:08 PM, WireWrap said:

EXACTLY! Which is why I am asking WHY she asked Dorinda! LOL

I think Dorinda was the perfect choice because I truly can't picture any of the other women agreeing to slog around in horrible conditions, thinking of others. They would demand a glam squad and proper dinners. Dorinda just isn't that person. Yes, she is definitely flawed, but so are the others. She's just not good at hiding her flaws.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I think Dorinda was the perfect choice because I truly can't picture any of the other women agreeing to slog around in horrible conditions, thinking of others. They would demand a glam squad and proper dinners. Dorinda just isn't that person. Yes, she is definitely flawed, but so are the others. She's just not good at hiding her flaws.

Your wording just made me think of a RH crossover.  Imagine if Bethany was made to take someone from another iteration of the series. Erica Jayne and her glam squad in PR.  Oh the mental visions! ?

• Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Luann volunteered in Fla. after Maria and we have seen her without makeup plenty of times, so Bethenny could have asked her or even Carole.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Did anyone else notice how pleased with herself Ramona seemed after she dropped the information about Bethenny taking Dorinda to Puerto Rico? She knew this nugget would upset Carol, and she was thrilled to have done it.

Dorinda is a drunk. She's a mean drunk -- and I have said that repeatedly. As the child of an angry alcoholic, I react viscerally to Dorinda's rants and abusive behaviour when she's drunk. It all takes me back to my childhood, hiding in my bedroom while the drunk member of the family raged.  The expression on the face of the woman (whose name I didn't catch) at that meeting says so much. Also she says, "One night does not define you." That's right, one night doesn't -- but this wasn't one night, it was a pattern of behaviour. That's denial, honey.

Sonja's townhouse has great bones. Before it'll rent for $32K a month, however, it's going to require some serious work, some visible (peeling wallpaper, frayed carpets, cracked counter tops) and some not visible (heat, air conditioning, yellow ice in the refrigerator).

I don't have a strong opinion about Bethenny, but I admire her efforts in Puerto Rico.

Allllll of the above post especially the Dorinda deal. I grew up like that too and I'm always glad to watch from a far if that. Active heavy drinkers make me nervous.  

5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann volunteered in Fla. after Maria and we have seen her without makeup plenty of times, so Bethenny could have asked her or even Carole.

I think she did ask Carole and ADAM to come and photograph the mission. Adam wanted to be paid. I can't prove it because I read A LOT but I kinda believe that. The volunteers have to pay their way as far as food and lodging and whatever. That would have been cool if Adam did some great photos for an article written by Carole. I still think she should have taken Lu. She's a nurse of some kind. She's strong and not a diva about accommodations. Sonja could be bothered enough to offer a check. 

• Love 3
On 5/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, WireWrap said:

EXACTLY! Which is why I am asking WHY she asked Dorinda! LOL

Because if she hadn't, everyone would have been all "What are you doing here without Dorinda?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree.  I fast forward Vicki .. Can't stand that voice screaming "you hoo" or whatever, and her always ready for a party is annoying.  Also, I hate the way she always looks stuffed in her clothes which are too tight and short for her age.  I just can't watch BH as they are always in competition with the clothes, hair, jewelry, etc.. Too much glitz.  Im interested in Shannon on OC and wonder how she is doing since her divorce from David.  Out of all, N.Y. Is my favorite.  I just love it, even if Sonja & Ramona come back.   Carole, no.  I guess everyone has their favorites, but in the end, I guess Andy holds the cards.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

think she did ask Carole and ADAM to come and photograph

Carole specifically said that bethenny didnt ask her, wondered why, and then went on and on that it was right up her alley, will get more details about Adam next week but Carole is on record sayong she wasnt invited.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Carole specifically said that bethenny didnt ask her, wondered why, and then went on and on that it was right up her alley, will get more details about Adam next week but Carole is on record sayong she wasnt invited.

Thank you! I will try to back track to see where I saw that bad info.

ETA It may have not been for that specific trip

Edited by FairyDusted
adding last thought
  • Love 1

6 episodes in and we really haven't seen Carole at her apt. What happened to the kit-tens? What happened to her time share dog? And the couch - was it ever re-covered? What does Carole bring to this show exactly - I mean, earlier seasons (when she first joined RHONY), at least we had the interesting "author" backstory, the first round of stories having a Kennedy connection etc.... but now... snore. She's got a FWB she refuses to call a FWB, she's decided to snark about Bethenny and become reality BFFs with Tinsley - who also brings not much to the show... She's still chewing on that bone of contention she has with Luann... zzzz... They're the weakest link on this show... I'd honestly take Jill Z (and I am soooo not a Jill Z fan, not even remotely close) and Heather back - dump Carole and Tinsley... 

• Love 14
On 5/9/2018 at 11:37 PM, njbchlover said:

Also sad, but to a lesser degree - Victoria's hair with the random braids and messy waves - not a good style.  I'm surprised her Mom didn't comment on how unkempt Victoria looked.

I was surprised too... then sort of pleased that Luann isn't critical of her daughter in that kind of way, as one might imagine she would be... then resigned to the fact that it's probably just because Luann is incapable of seeing anything outside of her own orbit. 

• Love 8

It is interesting that Beth said that she asked Adam if he wanted to photograph her 'journey' regarding PR but she didn't ask Carole if she wanted to go to PR?  Very strange IMO.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It is interesting that Beth said that she asked Adam if he wanted to photograph her 'journey' regarding PR but she didn't ask Carole if she wanted to go to PR?  Very strange IMO.

That's why I am curious to see what Carole says next week regarding what Bethenny asked Adam because we know that pteviews can be misleading.

• Love 7

Beth and Carole have been acting very odd since the jump of the season to me so maybe it was an early drop rather than the one we saw. They did some couples trips in between seasons so I wonder what went down. Both are icy to each other this season. IMO

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

It sounded to me as if Bethenny asked Adam at first light of her endeavor and he was unable to commit without compensation.  Carole would have been marathon training for Beth's initial trips.  IIRC Bethenny said Dorinda had shown interest at the party at her birthday dinner and Luann had previously asked to go.  While Bethenny and Dorinda were in Miami wasn't Carole just coming back from California?

As much as Carole wants to taut her experience and why she should have been the logical choice, let's be mindful of the fact the travel is via a private Gulfstream jet-like the one Erika Jayne treated the RHOBH ladies to for the NYC trip a couple of years ago.  I am thinking ABC News did not use Gulfstreams to travel the globe.  The one thing Bethenny rightfully boasts about is the efficiency of the group and how she runs her portion like a business.  It seems pretty simple, there were a few teams tasked with distributing $125,000.00 in gift cards.  This isn't some endeavor that requires a lot of deep background by an accompanying RH-that work has been done.  As for as story  writing it sounded as if Bethenny had that covered as well via film.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Beth and Carole have been acting very odd since the jump of the season to me so maybe it was an early drop rather than the one we saw. They did some couples trips in between seasons so I wonder what went down. Both are icy to each other this season. IMO

I am thinking Carole pandering to Tinsley was probably a bit of a turn off for Bethenny last season.  Ramona said something interesting if true, Carole said after watching the demise of Ramona and Bethenny's friendship she just decided to not doing anything wrong.  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-15/episode-81/videos/after-show-ramona-on-why  The consensus was Bethenny waits for someone to screw up and then uses it against her.

I find it humorous coming from Ramona who has been such a vicious bitch to every single RH over the years.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

Agreed that, of the bunch, Dorinda is probably the least self-absorbed and the most curious about people's lives outside of her own. 

Carole isn't exactly self-absorbed, either, but her news/politics interests are rather mundane, IMO, it's all about the minutia of what people are saying (Trump said this, Hilary said that, it's "Native American," not "Indian" or whatever, etc.), not really anything big that's actually happening and that gets things done. She'll donate, which is certainly nice and better than nothing, but she won't get her hands dirty, that's not her style, IMO. Nothing wrong w/that, but agreed that Dorinda is the perfect choice. 

• Love 3
(edited)

From my perspective, Carole is every bit as self-absorbed as the rest of the cast - she's just the stereotypical privileged white woman who fancies herself cooler and more enlightened than thou because she's "progressive" and "liberal" but hasn't applied any faculties of critical thinking and/or self-interrogation to the beliefs she harbors. She is, after all, the ilk of idiot comfortable proclaiming on national television that anyone who's advanced beyond "the third grade" knows not to use the term "Indian" (I guess those storied journalism skills don't help when it comes to ignorance regarding indigenous peoples) and then outlining a metric in her blog about the criteria by which individuals hailing from specific ethnic backgrounds are either trucking in racial "pride" or racial "vanity."

I can actually credibly imagine a sober Carole managing to obliviously be almost as offensive as drunk Dorinda in a setting like Puerto Rico. 

But as far as Dorinda herself is concerned, I think Bethenny (who I generally regard as irredeemable after her behavior during season eight) would have been justified in calling her "a drunk." That's what Dorinda is and, given the fact that she's still rationalizing her conduct in her talking heads, nothing less than the unvarnished truth is going to help the lightbulb go off. Over the course of her time on the show, Dorinda has become more and more of a pig with the aggression and sloppiness to the extent that she's evidently now comfortable blacking out on camera. If that is the manner of ugliness to which she routinely exposes her coworkers, correspondingly ugly language is called for. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny can tweet all she wants about having said  “you’re drunk”. 

but this is ver batim what she actually said:

“The way that you sometimes treat me is worse than Ramona [Singer]. I just cut you slack because you're a drunk."

Lost at sea, homeless, doesn’t have parents...... she is a fraud. #sorrynotsorry

The help individuals received in PR is, at the same time, from her was certainly appreciated and needed and gracious. Does not change the fact that inside she is DAMAGED and unstable. 

8 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

I agree she said- YOU ARE A DRUNK

B said, word for word: "The way that you sometimes treat me is worse than Ramona [Singer]. I just cut you slack because you're a drunk."

She tweeted, to tell us that she said "you're drunk" not "you're A drunk" and that she said it was nuance. Why tweet a lie when the proof is out there? Bethenny believes her own lies. 

• Love 12

I'm very, very late to this party and it looks like you guy's have covered pretty much everything, but am I the only one who was gobsmacked when Ramona used the word emanating in it's proper context? Just me??? Lol

• Love 10
On 5/9/2018 at 9:37 PM, Neurochick said:

God, look at Dorinda, she's disgusting.  She's sitting there slurring her words and embarrassing herself.  She's a mean, nasty drunk IMO.  WTF is wrong with Dorinda?  Oh, I know, she's a drunk, and she just embarrassed herself in front of everybody.  Someone should play her this video so she can see how she acts when she's drunk.

I never knew my limit either but I wasn't nasty, just really siked and jazzed (and slurring).  I knew I had to stop drinking (though it took me a few decades after attempts at "cutting down") BUT I didn't have many seasons of TV to see myself in embarrassing action.  If this latest one doesn't do it, it may be hopeless imo.  

• Love 6

Dorinda is getting a fair amount of grief of her snotty Luann tweet.  Of interest to me is why did Dorinda and Carole go after Luann and not Bethenny?  If you click in the white space of the tweet you can read the replies.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

6 episodes in and we really haven't seen Carole at her apt. What happened to the kit-tens? What happened to her time share dog? And the couch - was it ever re-covered? What does Carole bring to this show exactly - I mean, earlier seasons (when she first joined RHONY), at least we had the interesting "author" backstory, the first round of stories having a Kennedy connection etc.... but now... snore. She's got a FWB she refuses to call a FWB, she's decided to snark about Bethenny and become reality BFFs with Tinsley - who also brings not much to the show... She's still chewing on that bone of contention she has with Luann... zzzz... They're the weakest link on this show... I'd honestly take Jill Z (and I am soooo not a Jill Z fan, not even remotely close) and Heather back - dump Carole and Tinsley... 

I was completely done with Carole election time when she went canvassing the neighborhoods telling people how to vote.  If I want to get aggravated watching politics, I'll watch CNN or FOX.  

• Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Giselle said:

I agree. I've never cared for Ramona. Never have.

I skipped the Aviva season and sporadically watched again when Cindy Barshop season. Since her return I have always felt that Bethany is too close to production and decision making and it is palpable watching the show no matter how they try and hide it. I will say that at least t least Bethany has given us different stories each season granted it's self promotional but at least it's something other than a lunch and a fake reason production trip.

Watching the RH shows ( OC, NJ, NY, BH and D) over the years I've learned not to invest in any one character, not to believe everything heard or what I'm shown, each season a new person is chosen to have their turn in the barrel. If I don't like someone I just mute or fast forward through to the next scene. Andy won't get rid of his favorites no matter how much damage they cause or how boring they become.  Vicki, Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Dorit, & Erika have had their run. Time for new blood with new stories but I suspect they will keep the old guard around no matter what.

I get what you say, but I just can't imagine N.Y. Housewive's without Ramona & Sonja.  They are like Lucy & Ethel.  (If you are old enough to remember them) ha ha.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I get what you say, but I just can't imagine N.Y. Housewive's without Ramona & Sonja.  They are like Lucy & Ethel.  (If you are old enough to remember them) ha ha.

At least Lucy and Ethel were funny.   Ramona and Sonja are just so damn boring.

• Love 6

Oh I find Ramona hilarious. :)

Like, I couldn't stand her in real life but watching her on tv? She's hilarious.

Sonja has edged into a little too sad and pathetic for my tastes - why flirt so aggressively with a gay man who was clearly becoming uncomfortable? A little is fun, a lot makes me wonder when the gay man turns up doing a #metoo story.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

Mama

Motherfucker.

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

At least Lucy and Ethel were funny.   Ramona and Sonja are just so damn boring.

Oh, they sometimes have made me giggle with their drunken antics; like in this scene after Aviva called them “white trash, quite frankly” and they later had to Google ‘white trash’ and Sonja made that hilarious comment: “A hillbilly can be very welcoming, like ‘Welcome to my trailer, hello.’”

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh I find Ramona hilarious. :)

Like, I couldn't stand her in real life but watching her on tv? She's hilarious.

Sonja has edged into a little too sad and pathetic for my tastes - why flirt so aggressively with a gay man who was clearly becoming uncomfortable? A little is fun, a lot makes me wonder when the gay man turns up doing a #metoo story.

I  know, I know.  But what will happen to Sonja if she loses the show?  I feel bad for her, even if she is nuts.  She went from riches to rags.

• Love 7

I  know, I know.  But what will happen to Sonja if she loses the show?  I feel bad for her, even if she is nuts.  She went from riches to rags

I hear you and I understand, because I have a lot of sympathy for Sonja but...

A lot of her issues are of her own making. She snagged the rich elderly husband and for whatever reason, they ended up divorced. Even if I assume she wasn't at fault at all - I can't look at what she ended up with and think she was treated unfairly. If nothing else, she got a great piece of property out of that marriage, she got a large settlement despite the prenup, she was getting a healthy amount of child support.

She made a stupid investment decision and thats all on her. She has a reality tv show where she has to be making pretty good money. I can't stand Luann but I will give Luann a lot of credit for downsizing her lifestyle after her first divorce. Sonja just keeps digging the hole deeper. She's pissed away more money than most of us will ever see so if she loses the show, I'm sympathetic BUT...

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I  know, I know.  But what will happen to Sonja if she loses the show?  I feel bad for her, even if she is nuts.  She went from riches to rags.

Sonja is lying in a bed of her own making. She blew through the money she got in the divorce because she tried to scam a movie studio, which ended up costing her more in the long run. Both Heather and Bethenny tried to help her start her own business but she was too lazy to do the work she needed to do. Sonja wants the big money lifestyle but doesn't want to work for it, she wants it handed to her. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

eta Dorinda was snarky with Sonja on twitter when she posted that she would be devastated when Mr Morgan died. Dorinda referenced his other three wives and current wife also being devastated. (I suck at social media links)

I only follow Dorinda when RHONY is on the air.  Recently I added Carole because she and Dorinda respond to each other a lot.  So here’s what I am seeing.  ALL of Carole’s responses are positive.  Most talk smack about how badly Bethenny is treating her this season.  So things I know from that:  1. Carole deletes negative responses.  2.  These people are on mushrooms.  I haven’t seen Bethenny do shit to Carole, yet.  Let’s not jump the gun.

Dorinda’s feed is hysterical.  She is drinking more.  And your standard mix of fans versus haters.  More postive than negative.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Most talk smack about how badly Bethenny is treating her this season.  So things I know from that:  1. Carole deletes negative responses.

When did it become an option to delete other peoples tweets? 

• Love 1

OK so I had to fast forwrd to the last page from Page 4 because I am at work and can't be doing what I am doing.  So:  Who was Dorinda's husband who was slightly powerful?  What did the late great Richard do for a living?  Also, Sonja's attempts to flirt with the photographer were pathetic, not charming.  And clean up your own dog's poop yourself, Sonja.  Also, who orders hard boiled eggs at a breakfast place?  That was so weird. 

• Love 2

Ramona is never going to leave the show.  If nothing else she has been consistently crazy since season 1.   Her ire at Bethenny is weird because Ramona has been the one on the attack in that relationship for a long time.   Bethenny was actually the only one who gave Ramona a chance in the first season.

I can’t believe I’m of this mind, but bring Jill back.  Her fights with Ramona were always entertaining.   I’d like to see the dynamic between Jill, Bethenny, and Luanne now that Luanne’s “countess” jig is up.  Bring Jill back and we pretty much have the original cast sans Alex.  So much has changed, but a lot has not (Ramona).   Not sure how Carole or Tinsley would fit in and I don’t care.  Sonja can stay because Ramona will need a friend.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Motherfucker.

Oh, they sometimes have made me giggle with their drunken antics; like in this scene after Aviva called them “white trash, quite frankly” and they later had to Google ‘white trash’ and Sonja made that hilarious comment: “A hillbilly can be very welcoming, like ‘Welcome to my trailer, hello.’”

That episode and the one following were my favorites of Sonja and Ramona.  I loved when Ramona showed up for lunch with Aviva and wore her sunglasses midway through brunch.

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/19248743

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

OK so I had to fast forwrd to the last page from Page 4 because I am at work and can't be doing what I am doing.  So:  Who was Dorinda's husband who was slightly powerful?  What did the late great Richard do for a living?  Also, Sonja's attempts to flirt with the photographer were pathetic, not charming.  And clean up your own dog's poop yourself, Sonja.  Also, who orders hard boiled eggs at a breakfast place?  That was so weird. 

He was more than "slightly" powerful, the man was connected to some of the biggest powerhouse players out there, even today (like the Clintons/Soros). https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/richard-h-medley-noted-consultant-on-financial-matters-dies/2011/11/18/gIQAt2MzZN_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.959a293b8836

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

When did it become an option to delete other peoples tweets? 

If I block you ... presto ... your tweets disappear from my feed.  

10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

He was more than "slightly" powerful, the man was connected to some of the biggest powerhouse players out there, even today (like the Clintons/Soros). https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/richard-h-medley-noted-consultant-on-financial-matters-dies/2011/11/18/gIQAt2MzZN_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.959a293b8836

If you are connected to a powerful person then I get the slightly.  There are about 100K advisors to powerful people living in DC as we speak.  It is a more powerful position than some blogger but it is just slightly.  So the interesting part of the obit is that no one is talking about the cause of death.  That just seems to make it more shady.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

If I block you ... presto ... your tweets disappear from my feed.  

If you are connected to a powerful person then I get the slightly.  There are about 100K advisors to powerful people living in DC as we speak.  It is a more powerful position than some blogger but it is just slightly.  So the interesting part of the obit is that no one is talking about the cause of death.  That just seems to make it more shady.

Medley was extremely well connected to numerous powerful people, making him a mover/shaker/powerful in his own right, he was active/well sought after until his death. Bethenny saying otherwise was nasty/immature/wrong on her part, blame Dorinda for her behavior not insult her late husband. As for the cause of death, there is nothing to suggest it was "shady" other than the fact that it is not listed and most causes are not listed in the death announcement/obit. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:
24 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Medley was extremely well connected to numerous powerful people, making him a mover/shaker/powerful in his own right, he was active/well sought after until his death. Bethenny saying otherwise was nasty/immature/wrong on her part, blame Dorinda for her behavior not insult her late husband. As for the cause of death, there is nothing to suggest it was "shady" other than the fact that it is not listed and most causes are not listed in the death announcement/obit. 

Yes, he’s one of many as a power broker.  He advised, along with many others, the people in power.  That in my mind makes him slightly powerful.  This obit seems to be from the current wife, Dorinda.  There were others at the time from the family.  Folks have linked them here before.  And I say it sounds like he drank himself to death.  So to Dorinda he was everything.  To most he was a connected business man who ran in a circle of people that advised people of power.  He wasn’t Kissinger and he wasn’t Mother Teresa.  So slightly powerful.  Dorinda needs to stop talking about him.  She’s the only one that cares.  

And this has nothing to do with people working hard helping US citizens in PR.  That’s the point I heard Bethenny trying to make.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, he’s one of many as a power broker.  He advised, along with many others, the people in power.  That in my mind makes him slightly powerful.  This obit seems to be from the current wife, Dorinda.  There were others at the time from the family.  Folks have linked them here before.  And I say it sounds like he drank himself to death.  So to Dorinda he was everything.  To most he was a connected business man who ran in a circle of people that advised people of power.  He wasn’t Kissinger and he wasn’t Mother Teresa.  So slightly powerful.  Dorinda needs to stop talking about him.  She’s the only one that cares.  

And this has nothing to do with people working hard helping US citizens in PR.  That’s the point I heard Bethenny trying to make.

Bethenny didn't need to diminish Richard to her partners, it was nasty and another reason some dislike her. She has this nasty habit of doing this to make herself look better than and it is not necessary. Actually, IMO. Bethenny did this to put Dorinda down because there was some truth to what Dorinda said, drunk or not. I don't mind Bethenny talking about the PR relief effort she is a part of but Delivering Good is the real powerhouse, not B Strong/Bethenny, they make all the decisions, not Bethenny. How many here would be up in arms if Dorinda or Carole pointed that out to her on the show? 
Again, there was no reason for Bethenny to make Richards standing less than other than to build herself up, it was nasty IMO.

No one suggested Richard was either K/MT but he was far more powerful than Bethenny will ever be.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8