Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, Christi said:

um...I know Im in the minority here, but she had me at"Clip!"  ?My heart grew ten sizes that day?

Hey...she is going through a tough time and I was happy to see she has had an epiphany about it.

I hope my Dorinda will be able to get through this and "make it nice" again??

Doubtful.  She's been on twitter blasting Beth and Luanne for daring to say anything about her behavior at dinner.   I mean, the tweets were made after noon so I'm sure she was drunk when she made them, but she clearly hasn't taken anything Beth said to heart.

• Love 9

It did seem like Dorinda listened to Bethenny and I hoped she wouldn’t have a knee jerk reaction to the conversation but it seems she did. Very defensive in social media response. 

Dorinda has been somewhat secretive about the circumstances surrounding Richard Medley’s death- it was acute liver failure, but the causing factor was never disclosed.  Most people think alcohol abuse as the most common cause but in the US the most common cause of acute liver failure is Acetaminophen ( Tylenol)  overdose. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Is Richard more informed than your average American? Absolutely and completely. Might he be more informed than Bethenny's partners about the day to day on the ground impediments in Haiti and PR? Probably not, but Richard probably had a solid grasp of some of the macro issues. That's my biggest problem with Dorinda talking about this. She was trying to have a macro discussion on issues she understood poorly, while they were largely talking about micro issues. Furthermore, the extent to which racial and imperial disadvantages are built into the foundations of these countries makes true independence almost impossible.

So Dorinda slurring about Haiti still being a mess is so fucking ignorant and makes my blood boil. Hell, one of the big problems in Haiti is that in trying to help them recover, foreign relief workers accidentally introduced cholera in Haiti. It also makes me angry when westerners are quick to point out corruption in the 3rd world, especially countries of color, as an example of how we might be wasting resources in those countries without ever acknowledging similar issues in Western countries or even the US. It's rare to have those same conversations about whether FEMA funds have been misappropriated after a US disaster. I'm sure they have been. And while we sometimes have superficial conversations about the wisdom of rebuilding on coastal areas that get hurricanes, tornado alley, and places prone to wildfires, the conversations often end in a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Dorinda's "ish shustainable to gif Haiti money. Ish been 10 years and ish stil mess" can have two whole scoops of parts of New Orleans and the Jersey Shore still look like a bomb went off.

I just laugh that somehow Dorinda is an expert in any of these areas because she was once married to Richard Medley.  The former Mrs. Medley, went to help develop DemocraShe, in Ireland.  Much like Dorinda she did call on the connections she made through her husband.  Unlike Dorinda who seemed to enjoy the party life and parking her ass in The Berkshires while her gifted manor was being restored.  

The only thing I can say supportive of Dorinda, is the fact there are 60,000 Haitians in the country, who do not want to have their guest status revoked.  Their supporters and representatives do not feel the country has sufficiently rebuilt and does not offer enough opportunities to return.  Wasn't it just a few short weeks after this conversation Haiti was lumped in the "shit hole" country category by a certain prominent American?  The current status of Haiti and the fine gentlemen dining with Dorinda and Bethenny, who have volunteered and foster relief and rebuilding, should not have been the target of a drunken Dorinda dialogue.   Dorinda saying she was caught off guard by the dinner invite-does this mean she would have a better attack in place?

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've never read a single policy paper that the CFR has ever published in my areas of semi-expertise that truly captures the nuances of the topic or the cultural and historical issues. While I'm sure that their topical and regional policy and subject matter experts have a much stronger understanding of these issues. I don't have any faith that someone at Richard's level would have a particularly deep understanding of these issues beyond what he's read in documents written by the SMEs and PEs, unless he had a particular interest in that subject. That's basically been my experience when working with organizations kind of like the CFR, not on the same level of course.

Nigeria.

You reading even a single policy paper published by the CFR would be one more than Dorinda has ever read.  I am certain Dr. Medley was a smart guy and his work made a difference-it was not Dorinda's brain to share.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I will have to say this about Bethenny-I do like how she is ever so slightly addressing the elephant in the room-these women talk too much about their pasts.  Bethenny is living in the here and now with her relief efforts, Luann is starting over after a divorce and pursuing a cabaret career, Tinsley is doing something with Scott but damn Carole, Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona dwell in the past.

Dorinda should be well enough not to act so goofy going on and on about  a successful bald man in a bad sweater.   I felt bad for John. Had Luann done that Bethenny would have cleaned her clock.  Had Sonja, Bethenny and Dorinda would have ripped her a new one.  Instead it was Ramona's party thrown for Carole and Dorinda made it all about her.  

Back to Bethenny, at some point it has to be just so mind numbing to hear about how Anthony ran the NYC Marathon 30 years ago, Richard and his successes and drunken Dorinda.  I don't think Richard was some great relief volunteer-he may have donated and raised money but Dorinda was bad about her assertions and she is regressing.  Her crying about regressing-thankfully Bethenny addressed the bigger elephant-Dorinda needs to move on and she isn't the only one who has sustained a loss.  I don't think Bethenny realizes what a total turd Dorinda is-she stalks and uses John.  Going to his business everyday,tracking and checking his phone-now John's blessing to see if DOrinda needs another or a new man?  My guess is Dorinda-if not going out, is probably out by 7:00 pm drunk as a skunk.  Rinse and repeat with Carole-the great widow and the much older girlfriend.  Make it simple for the audience one man at a time not a man and a ghost.  Most of these women have hammered Luann about her ties to being a Countess.  At least Luann doesn't pine away about the Count.  She did the honorable thing-have Bravo pay her for a special.  That way we don't have to keep reliving the past.

I guess I’m in the minority.  I love hearing stories of Carole and Anthony, and Dorinda and Richard.  My dad passed away in 1998, and my mom still talked about him until she passed away this past October.  He was the love of her life, as I believe Richard and Anthony were to Dorinda and Carole.  Just because someone dies, doesn’t mean you stop loving them.  I probably talk more about my mom now than before she passed away.  I will never judge how someone mourns.

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This.  It's pretty frustrating to see people so intent on ascribing nefarious motives to Bethenny after all of the good she's done for the Puerto Rican people and how kindly she treated Dorinda after Dorinda shat all over the other people doing so much charitable work.  I mean, haters gonna hate and all that but at this point I think Beth could probably develop a cure for cancer and some people would insist she was just doing it for self promotion and brush it off, refusing to give her any credit.  Not only here, but on twitter too.  It's...interesting to watch.  I definitely don't have thick enough skin to ever go on reality tv.  I'd probably lose my shit publically if I was treated like that after giving so much time and energy to helping other people. 

With all due respect, you're doing here (the bolded) what you just accused Carole of doing. Stating your opinion in such a way that can drive people to spitefully adopt the opposite viewpoint.

Not me, of course, because I couldn't stand Bethenny from the minute I saw her on Martha's Apprentice.  Although I don't hate her, I've had a long term, extreme dislike for her. That said, I appreciate her humanitarian efforts.

• Love 13

Does anybody else think that no matter where Sonja lives it's gonna look like the current Grey Gardens in 5 to 10 years.

I don't think she's wrapped a blouse around her head and called it fashion. Yet.

I just want to know if the potential renters know they will be getting a fabulous toaster oven for their $32K.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I disagree. We've seen her on film before, drunk, but not raging. Sometimes she's just silly and talks a bit too much. She hasn't always gotten nasty with someone. 

Not necessarily.  We may not see entire filming of drunk tirades.

I still love Dorinda.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Not me, of course, because I couldn't stand Bethenny from the minute I saw her on Martha's Apprentice.  Although I don't hate her, I've had a long term, extreme dislike for her. That said, I appreciate her humanitarian efforts.

I used to like her in the very beginning, but now I feel the same as ^^^.

I do admire her for building her business and for helping in PR. 

I still don't like her personality. Her obnoxiousness really became apparent during her talk show and her radio show. 

I think that's why she did not do well in those pursuits. 

There is a reason why her relationships with others don't last very long.

• Love 15
(edited)
18 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

One great thing about the old place is they would shut down the middle school-esque "haters!" and "just jealous!" foolishness. 

Cosign everyone else who wondered why Luann's daughter looked unwashed. But she's rich and doesn't have to worry about being a corporate cog like many of us so more power to her if that's just her style.

Also cosign the "wtf?" comments about Luann hugging her kid and then longing for a boyfriend. She's basically Lily Van der Woodsen but less classy.

One great thing about this place is......freedom of speech, and different opinions allowed. One person’s middle school-esque, haters and jealous comments, is another person’s genuine opinion.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

It did seem like Dorinda listened to Bethenny and I hoped she wouldn’t have a knee jerk reaction to the conversation but it seems she did. Very defensive in social media response. 

Dorinda has been somewhat secretive about the circumstances surrounding Richard Medley’s death- it was acute liver failure, but the causing factor was never disclosed.  Most people think alcohol abuse as the most common cause but in the US the most common cause of acute liver failure is Acetaminophen ( Tylenol)  overdose. 

Bethenny had every right to express her fear of Dorinda when drunk.  I question doing it at 30,000 feet but they are Bethenny's feelings.  Dorinda always has the right to defend but last year and it now continues she is no longer defending she is attacking.  It has gone beyond deflecting and projecting to attacking.  If it isn't Sonja, it is Bethenny, Ramona, Luann.  Just once has anyone thought to point that out to Dorinda?  

I would think if chronic Tylenol use or an overdose were the cause of Richard's death Dorinda would have divulged.  Perhaps there was a lawsuit settlement that prevented her from doing so but I think Dorinda can be shady.  Some may call it overprotective but I find her shady.  For example when the rest of these women are talking about what a short period of time Luann knew Tom before marrying him-14 months, Dorinda never stood up for Luann and said she met and married Richard in the same calendar year.  Not saying there is anything redeeming about Tom, but I don;t think Dorinda is entirely honest and she has pretty much zip in the way of loyalty.  Except to Richard's memory.  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny had every right to express her fear of Dorinda when drunk.  I question doing it at 30,000 feet but they are Bethenny's feelings.  Dorinda always has the right to defend but last year and it now continues she is no longer defending she is attacking.  It has gone beyond deflecting and projecting to attacking.  If it isn't Sonja, it is Bethenny, Ramona, Luann.  Just once has anyone thought to point that out to Dorinda?  

I would think if chronic Tylenol use or an overdose were the cause of Richard's death Dorinda would have divulged.  Perhaps there was a lawsuit settlement that prevented her from doing so but I think Dorinda can be shady.  Some may call it overprotective but I find her shady.  For example when the rest of these women are talking about what a short period of time Luann knew Tom before marrying him-14 months, Dorinda never stood up for Luann and said she met and married Richard in the same calendar year.  Not saying there is anything redeeming about Tom, but I don;t think Dorinda is entirely honest and she has pretty much zip in the way of loyalty.  Except to Richard's memory.  

I agree, Dorinda isn't loyal to anyone other than Richard's memory!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Statistically, that only increases the rate from 12.4% to 13.6% or 1 in 100.   And coffee DECREASES the risk.  So have a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine with dinner.

French women, who drink more wine, have a lower rate of breast cancer than American women.

I believe in everything in moderation. Dorinda, in my opinion, HAS gone over the edge.  One thing I wonder is if Richard's liver failure was due to alcoholism.  

This has just been proven inaccurate.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/04/did-drinking-give-me-breast-cancer/

I agree with you about moderation 100%.

The French paradox is an hoax, started In part by 60 minutes and promoted by the wine lobby.

Both California and the EU recognize alcohol as carcinogenic.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I guess I’m in the minority.  I love hearing stories of Carole and Anthony, and Dorinda and Richard.  My dad passed away in 1998, and my mom still talked about him until she passed away this past October.  He was the love of her life, as I believe Richard and Anthony were to Dorinda and Carole.  Just because someone dies, doesn’t mean you stop loving them.  I probably talk more about my mom now than before she passed away.  I will never judge how someone mourns.

I wasn't singling out the widows I said their pasts.  That means Ramona and Mario, Sonja and Morgan, Tinsley and Scooter or whatever her husband's name is. Everyone is entitled to enjoy whatever they want to enjoy.  I think what might make for a more interesting exchange of the pasts of these women is a Luann type treatment and a special.  Granted Carole has already done a book, book tour and television appearances but for the audience who longs for more stories maybe Bravo should do a show-or combine the two women's memories into one special. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I wondered if Dorinda was drunk when she wrote her blog.  I expected her to take exception with Bethenny over her comments about Richard, but her response to Luanne was over the top. Luanne has gone to rehab.  She may have gone as a form of damage control after her arrest, but she did go.  She’s been publicly humiliated since her divorce with Tom.  Dorinda could’ve politely agreed to disagree with Luanne’s blog, but instead she took the low road.  

Dorinda's currently in Dubai with Carole.  Not surprising their blogs are so similar. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

If that's the case, it's not that unusual that Adam might not have the cash to swing that trip. It's kind of shady to act like Adam is a user because he can't afford the trip to Puerto Rico. And this is a bit different from his trip to Nicaragua. He plans the latter trip every year and perhaps saves up and minimizes his costs by buying that ticket far in advance. The same way Bethenny has chastised Sonja about talking about other people's finances, Bethenny needs to watch herself in relaying this information.

This is Sonja's

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/162-E-63rd-St-New-York-NY-10065/31534429_zpid/

Some comps

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/44-E-82nd-St-New-York-NY-10028/31540297_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/117A-E-65th-St-1-New-York-NY-10065/2089761125_zpid/

Some nearby apartments

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/200-E-69th-St-PH-E-New-York-NY-10021/2105616935_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/151-E-85th-St-APT-7A-New-York-NY-10028/2099255806_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20-E-End-Ave-11A-New-York-NY-10028/2094436890_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-E-65th-St-6PH-New-York-NY-10065/2089811624_zpid/

Thank you. So interesting.

One thing that jumps out is how clutter free those apartments are. There are just enough decorative items to make it a home without adding another thing but there is also plenty of room for the renter to make it their own place. 

You have to sidestep around Sonja's place.

Edited by Giselle
Thank you.
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I feel like Carole doesn’t know a lot about breakfast choices because she sleeps until 2pm on the regular. 

Sorry not sorry the Count and Countess would not approve of that downtown vibe and dirty hair. 

HA! 

Etc haha that made me lol 

Not directed at you Bosawks but I believe way back in the Berks she said “I did it nice” not I made it nice. It has morphed all over widely into I made it nice when that’s not what she said. I think I did it nice is funnier and with questionable grammar all the more quirky and quotable. 

Dorinda's tag line one season was 'I tell it like it is but I always make it nice.' So that's where it came from. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

Dorinda's tag line one season was 'I tell it like it is but I always make it nice.' So that's where it came from. 

Gotcha thanks ! :-) I so love her flailing arms in the Berkshires screaming I did it nice I just love it

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't have any faith that someone at Richard's level would have a particularly deep understanding of these issues beyond what he's read in documents written by the SMEs and PEs, unless he had a particular interest in that subject.

To be clear, I'm not saying Medley had a scholar's approach to Haiti/cultural grasp available only to those who've lived there,  but between his financial expertise (developing & selling intel about the probable actions of foreign governments/economies) and CFR membership,  I would think he'd have a strong grasp on Haiti,  if only due to the financial implications (the US as Haiti's biggest trading partner & biggest source of aid).

He sounds like he was a humanitarian in terms of raising money for victims of disaster (or at least he was willing to raise money, for whatever reason - being human or polishing his presence)  but knowing this kind of stuff was his own bread and butter, so -- to me -- it doesn't seem like arcane knowledge for a man like him because (sadly) it's not something these people know in order to help, but to make/protect their money. 

I came across this quote from Dorinda about Richard (right after he died) which is so M'Lady ("the water boy at Jackson Hole" -- jesus, she's such a verbal classist cow at times):

“Richard treated the water boy at Jackson Hole the same exact way he treated the finance minister of Japan,’’ his widow, Dorinda C. Medley, said in a phone interview today. “He never made anyone feel uncomfortable.’

Because that was always your job, Dorinda!

~"water boy" not to be confused with "bread girl"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
(edited)

The French paradox is an hoax, started In part by 60 minutes and promoted by the wine lobby.

Both California and the EU recognize alcohol as carcinogenic.

I got my statistics on breast cancer incidence in US in comparison with other countries from a reputable source:

https://www.wcrf.org/int/cancer-facts-figures/data-specific-cancers/breast-cancer-statistics 

US is #8; France is #13.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Gotcha thanks ! :-) I so love her flailing arms in the Berkshires screaming I did it nice I just love it

When Dorinda first started on this show she reminded me so much of Beaker (and still does - hair and all)

tenor.gif?itemid=4767835

ff169223e8e602d2db1a412379425df8.gif

2 episodes from now, they'll be at the Berkshires - whose turn is it to go Bezerk?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, BonesMom said:

I am an alcoholic and have been sober for the last six years. Watching Dorinda in the past and during this episode is just one tool to keep me that way well into the future. The excuses/explanations she used with Bethenny on the plane the next day harkened back to days of denial and just wanting to get to the next drink. I sincerely hope she can get the help she truly needs. She can't be proud of watching herself in this condition.

Good for you.  Besides AA, Dorinda needs grief counseling ASAP.  My sister lost her husband six years ago and still goes to councelling every week.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Dorinda has been somewhat secretive about the circumstances surrounding Richard Medley’s death- it was acute liver failure, but the causing factor was never disclosed. 

The details of his death have never been released -- beyond it being a short illness ending in acute liver failure, so yeah, it could be Tylenol (or booze) -- or it could be something even simpler:  the Inner Circle Of Money Lords donned their horns and flaming robes made of world currencies and sacrificed Medley on the Altar of Money with a needle to his liver while Dorinda watched her favourite show, Law and Order, in the next room.

~kidding! (well, half kidding -- the "law and order" thing is just ridiculous speculation on my part)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
23 minutes ago, film noire said:

To be clear, I'm not saying Richad Medley had a scholar's approach to Haiti (or a cultural grasp available only to those who've lived there) but between his area of financial expertise (developing & selling intel to the financial community about the probable actions of foreign governments/economies) and his membership in CFR, I would think he'd have a strong grasp on Haiti if only due to the financial implicaitons (the US as Haiti's biggest trading partner & biggest source of aid)  He sounds like he was a humanitarian, in terms of raising money for victims of disaster (or at least was willing to raise money for those causes,  for whatever reason -- being human or polishing his presence)  but knowing this kind of stuff was his own bread and butter, so -- to me -- it doesn't seem like arcane knowledge for a man like him.

I came across this quote from Dorinda about him (right after he died) which is so M'Lady ("the water boy at Jackson Hole" -- jesus, she's such a verbal classist cow at times):

“Richard treated the water boy at Jackson Hole the same exact way he treated the finance minister of Japan,’’ his widow, Dorinda C. Medley, said in a phone interview today. “He never made anyone feel uncomfortable.’

That was always your job, Dorinda!

Dorindish translator - I really do believe when she was talking about self sustaining is that until the powers that be figure out how to get Haiti to be independent it will forever rely on relief efforts.

There was an article some time ago, about the Red Cross - they raised $500 million and they don't know or won't release where the money went. This money was raised to build homes - they had only built 6 houses. The money was raised in 2010. The Red Cross did release that $144 million was used for Red Cross admin costs. I can't find the article - but I found one from NPR written in 2015.

https://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

• Love 7
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Dorinda's currently in Dubai with Carole.  Not surprising their blogs are so similar. 

I think they’ve returned, but you know the two of them were both bitching about Bethenny.  Carole’s blogs are always nasty. I quit reading them.  

Bethenny’s delivery was tough, but it was about f’ing time someone called out Dorinda on her drinking.  I admit to cracking up during her “clip” rant, but every other time I’ve cringed when Dorinda goes off.  I was particularly disturbed when she went off on Heather while on vacation during her first season.  Heather had been nothing but kind to her, and Dorinda just went off the deep end.  

Bring back Heather....lose Carole.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, film noire said:

and of course, an interest in becoming ONE OF OUR NEW OVERLORDS*)

*the internet told me so 

1 hour ago, film noire said:

The details of his death have never been released -- beyond it being a short illness ending in acute liver failure, so yeah, it could be Tylenol (or booze) -- or it could be something even simpler:  the Inner Circle Of Money Lords donned their horns and flaming robes made of world currencies and sacrificed Medly on the Altar of Money with a needle to his liver while Dorinda watched her favourite show, Law and Order, in the next room.

~kidding! (well, half kidding -- the "law and order" thing is just ridiculous speculation on my part)

O, you crazy kid -- have you been watching those Illuminati vids on You Tube again? ;-O

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

To what? Watch Slurinds get drunk and go off on another tirade on Heather? Sometimes I think Heather was just too nice for these long clawed social climbers. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 12
(edited)
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorindish translator - I really do believe when she was talking about self sustaining is that until the powers that be figure out how to get Haiti to be independent it will forever rely on relief efforts.

There was an article some time ago, about the Red Cross - they raised $500 million and they don't know or won't release where the money went. This money was raised to build homes - they had only built 6 houses. The money was raised in 2010. The Red Cross did release that $144 million was used for Red Cross admin costs. I can't find the article - but I found one from NPR written in 2015.

https://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

Thanks for the translation in Dorindish, KFB  :) And that link is beyond enraging. The disbursement model is based on the idea that Haitians can't help themselves (we give unto you, like monarchs throwing alms to the poor) versus facilitating the Haitians rebuilding (we give you the means to get things done for yourselves).  Charity versus ownership. And money is being made on people's poverty, year after year....

Update on Radzi! (I know ya'll been waiting to hear what's she up to -- in between building a food wall out of hardboiled eggs - Carole weighs in on the Dorinda versus Luann showdown. Notice the intentional misspelling of "advise")

Carole Radziwill‏  @CaroleRadziwill

Ouch. My friend claps back at Luann's advise giving rhony blog. Cinderella had her glass slipper and the Countess has her glass house.

And you, Princess, have a glass jaw (you better hope nobody comes for you in this group - even Sonja could take a significent bite out of your as-yet untouched hide. The viewers may have been scathing, but your fellow castmates have yet to go RHoNY on your ass.)

eta:

O, you crazy kid -- have you been watching those Illuminati vids on You Tube again? ;-O

Those vids are hardcore documentaries made by the finest minds in our generation, @SCS!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

To what? Watch Slurinds get drunk and go off on another tirade on Heather. Sometimes I think Heather was just too nice for these long clawed social climbers. 

I agree.  I loved Heather, and drunk Dorinda was horrible to her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Ha, never mind Tynelol.  I was taking 40 mg of Lipitor for cholesterol for about four years and wound up in the hospital. My liver count was in the thousands (very dangerous) and I wasn't on any drugs, don't drink or smoke . . Nothing.  They stopped the Lipitor and my count went down to normal again.  So, who knows what was with Richard.  Could be a  number of things.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm with you. You can tell those women have never found love like they had with their husbands. And I really loved watching the widows bound in England. And when Carole went to Richard's gravesite. I really think those two have a lot in common and the way they relate to each other feels very organic.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Isn’t advise, the noun, used in British English? I’m not totally sure, so maybe someone could help out. Dorinda lived in London for a time.

No, advice is spelled that way in UK usage, too. The s is used in spelling verbs: realise vs realize, organise vs organize. :)

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think they’ve returned, but you know the two of them were both bitching about Bethenny.  Carole’s blogs are always nasty. I quit reading them.  

Bethenny’s delivery was tough, but it was about f’ing time someone called out Dorinda on her drinking.  I admit to cracking up during her “clip” rant, but every other time I’ve cringed when Dorinda goes off.  I was particularly disturbed when she went off on Heather while on vacation during her first season.  Heather had been nothing but kind to her, and Dorinda just went off the deep end.  

Bethenny should have called Dorinda out, about being a drunk, last season in Mexico when she went off on Bethenny and then cut herself without noticing! Again, why take someone to something so important/stressful that got so drunk she didn't even feel a knife slicing her own hand open while she was raging at you?

34 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thanks for the translation in Dorindish, KFB  :) And that link is beyond enraging. The disbursement model is based on the idea that Haitians can't help themselves (we give unto you, like monarchs throwing alms to the poor) versus facilitating the Haitians rebuilding (we give you the means to get things done for yourselves).  Charity versus ownership. And money is being made on people's poverty, year after year....

Update on Radzi! (I know ya'll been waiting to hear what's she up to -- in between building a food wall out of hardboiled eggs - Carole weighs in on the Dorinda versus Luann showdown. Notice the intentional misspelling of "advise")

Ouch. My friend claps back at Luann's advise giving rhony blog. Cinderella had her glass slipper and the Countess has her glass house.

And you, Princess, have a glass jaw (you better hope nobody comes for you in this group - even Sonja could take a significent bite out of your as-yet untouched hide. The viewers may have been scathing, but your fellow castmates have yet to go RHoNY on your ass.)

eta:

Those vids are hardcore documentaries made by the finest minds in our generation, @SCS!

IMO, it would be interesting to see all the others go against both Carole AND Bethenny, both have been untouched/unchallenged, not just Carole. Both need to be brought down a peg or two, or three. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm with you. You can tell those women have never found love like they had with their husbands. And I really loved watching the widows bound in England. And when Carole went to Richard's gravesite. I really think those two have a lot in common and the way they relate to each other feels very organic.

The problem lies these women have made it into a competition.  Many people have loved and lost without the person dying and are forever damaged and sad.   Who loved most, longest, who had the bigger brain, the most name recognition, who died youngest, who got dumped, who was just in it for the lifestyle.  Since none of these women really knew each other when they were with the great love of their life during the time they were the most in love it seems stupid for this situation to continue.    I think Dorinda and Carole strive to have a lot in common.  Carole had no problem when her BFF was going off on John at Dorinda's party, Carole detested Ramona and now they are BFF's.  I don't know many people who aren't sympathetic in the moment when they are with a widow having to fulfill some widow duty.  I don't find anything the least bit genuine or authentic about Carole.  I was kind of hoping Dorinda was not an equally  big phony.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
(edited)

Bethenny’s delivery was tough, but it was about f’ing time someone called out Dorinda on her drinking.  I admit to cracking up during her “clip” rant, but every other time I’ve cringed when Dorinda goes off. 

People in the restaurant were staring. And by the time Doris started popping vessels in her face by screaming, 'Clip, clip, clip', Lu had left the table.  

Dorinda looks, and acts, like a psychopath.  She's gotta go.  Somethin' just ain't right.

tumblr_osac56ulcr1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

People in the restaurant were staring. And by the time Doris started popping vessels in her face by screaming, 'Clip, clip, clip', Lu had left the table.  

Dorinda looks, and acts, like a psychopath.  She's gotta go.  Somethin' just ain't right.

tumblr_osac56ulcr1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Luann looks like she was the only one that tries to stop Dorinda, the rest laughed, which helped egg her on.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, film noire said:

eta:

There is quite a bit of corruption all over the place.

Carole makes sure she orders 3 eggs or more so that she can take the cartons and re-purpose them into hipster furniture

5207f7d7f120906bd1669adeba2ff94e.jpg

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Me too! Nothing like it for some good laughs ?

The only reason I even know that tag line is because my teenage daughter and I bond over them. We memorize them and say them along with the various ladies across the RH franchises. We must match their words and their inflection exactly and in unison or my daughter will rewind and we have to start over LOL The things we moms will do to keep our children in the den with us, spending time together...even if said bonding takes place among drunks, kooks, ho's and straight up crazy people otherwise known as Real Housewives. Ha! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

That's not an invitation to a kegger and Dorinda could have chosen to not have any or stop at ONE. She keep pounding them down. Her fault.

Bethany may have very well mentioned the dinner earlier and Dorinda forgot about it or didn't hear it because she's to busy ordering another round. Even if Bethany didn't tell her. It's Dorinda's fault.

And... While Bethany could have suggested to go sleep it off it is still not her fault as Dorinda is an adult and made choices. Slurinda's fault 

Even if Bethany was trying to show Dorinda at her worst, ok fine, it's still Dorinda's fault. Maybe Bethany was livid that Dorinda would do this on her aid mission and wanted to punishp. Still it's Dorinda's fault.

None of this would have happened if Dorinda refused to drink or didn't keep drinking. Dorinda is at fault.

People keep saying Bethany knew Dorinda has issues with alcohol, the flip side of that is Dorinda knows how Bethany can use a situation. Dorinda could have excused herself from filming. Dorinda is still at fault.

Absolutely.  Even Sonja with all her crazy delusional behavior stopped drinking around these women when it was brought constantly a few/ last (?) Season.  

I'm not a Bethany fan but Dorinda is responsible for Dorinda.  

• Love 11

I don't believe Sonja;s been sober. She claimed sobriety in Mexico and was sucked down that drink as soon as they got to the resort.

Sonja's town house - this interview took place September 2016 - 3 months before Luann married Tom.

Luann had asked her to stop speaking about Tom at the reunion - and Sonja shows how much she listens.

Notice how she pushes the button for the elevator that never comes?

Was this the year Sonja was going to list the house for sale?

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

No, advice is spelled that way in UK usage, too. The s is used in spelling verbs: realise vs realize, organise vs organize. :)

Either Dorinda wasn't paying attention when she lived in London or she was drunk when she wrote the tweet saying she didn't want "Luann's advise."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
(edited)

Virtually nothing has been said about Ramona being the "bone collector" of the franchise.  I can't believe she was the one to drop the Dorinda went to PR with Bethenny bomb to Carole.  Why do any of these women want to be around Ramona?  Heather, Carole, Kristen were smart when they wanted Ramona out of their lives, Luann has always cautiously accepted Ramona, Bethenny was the one that gave life to Ramona listening to her tales of big bad Luann being on the prowl for the other women's men.  Imposters has Lenny Cohen, time for Bethenny and Luann to send out the bat signal for Jill Zarin and makes this a reality star wars.  My prediction is Jill Zarin will be back next season and Bethenny will bow out mid season.  Ramona, Tinsley and  Carole beware and Dorinda will have to pick a side.  Plus Jill will have longest marriage and most recent widowhood on her side.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't believe Sonja;s been sober. She claimed sobriety in Mexico and was sucked down that drink as soon as they got to the resort.

Sonja's town house - this interview took place September 2016 - 3 months before Luann married Tom.

Luann had asked her to stop speaking about Tom at the reunion - and Sonja shows how much she listens.

Oh no I don't think she's living a sober life. I do remember on the Yacht, Lu kept trying to get her to drink and Sonja said no. There have been  other times as well. My point was Sonja looked crazier than normal at times when drinking  (I'm thinking some casino, where she mentioned John John  and P Diddy and her yacht lol). I think she realized the women were trying to make it a story, so cut back around the other ladies. 

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice how pleased with herself Ramona seemed after she dropped the information about Bethenny taking Dorinda to Puerto Rico? She knew this nugget would upset Carol, and she was thrilled to have done it.

Dorinda is a drunk. She's a mean drunk -- and I have said that repeatedly. As the child of an angry alcoholic, I react viscerally to Dorinda's rants and abusive behaviour when she's drunk. It all takes me back to my childhood, hiding in my bedroom while the drunk member of the family raged.  The expression on the face of the woman (whose name I didn't catch) at that meeting says so much. Also she says, "One night does not define you." That's right, one night doesn't -- but this wasn't one night, it was a pattern of behaviour. That's denial, honey.

Sonja's townhouse has great bones. Before it'll rent for $32K a month, however, it's going to require some serious work, some visible (peeling wallpaper, frayed carpets, cracked counter tops) and some not visible (heat, air conditioning, yellow ice in the refrigerator).

I don't have a strong opinion about Bethenny, but I admire her efforts in Puerto Rico.

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Last season, Tinsley slipped at the reunion (I think) and said that Sonja's version of sobriety was not drinking when they were filming, but as soon as the cameras would go dark she'd have wine, but no hard liquor. That hard liquor rule seemed to go out the window in Mexico.

The thing I found most curious about Tinsley living with Sonja is that Sonja put Tinsley in Quincy's room on the 3rd or 4th floor. Luann lived on the top floor, which is a separate suite that I suspect had separate electricity and water. I think because Tinsley was there for longer than Luann, Sonja was too cheap to keep the heat and water on for the 5th floor for Tinsley. It also seemed that Luann would only at Sonja's when the show required filming for 2 or 3 days in the city. Also Luann also basically moved into Tom's place by December or January. Tinsley was there until maybe February or later.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Absolutely.  Even Sonja with all her crazy delusional behavior stopped drinking around these women when it was brought constantly a few/ last (?) Season.  

I'm not a Bethany fan but Dorinda is responsible for Dorinda.  

29 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Oh no I don't think she's living a sober life. I do remember on the Yacht, Lu kept trying to get her to drink and Sonja said no. There have been  other times as well. My point was Sonja looked crazier than normal at times when drinking  (I'm thinking some casino, where she mentioned John John  and P Diddy and her yacht lol). I think she realized the women were trying to make it a story, so cut back around the other ladies. 

17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Last season, Tinsley slipped at the reunion (I think) and said that Sonja's version of sobriety was not drinking when they were filming, but as soon as the cameras would go dark she'd have wine, but no hard liquor. That hard liquor rule seemed to go out the window in Mexico.

The thing I found most curious about Tinsley living with Sonja is that Sonja put Tinsley in Quincy's room on the 3rd or 4th floor. Luann lived on the top floor, which is a separate suite that I suspect had separate electricity and water. I think because Tinsley was there for longer than Luann, Sonja was too cheap to keep the heat and water on for the 5th floor for Tinsley. It also seemed that Luann would only at Sonja's when the show required filming for 2 or 3 days in the city. Also Luann also basically moved into Tom's place by December or January. Tinsley was there until maybe February or later.

That I believe - she curtailed her drinking when film crews were around.

I do wonder if Tinsley really lived there or did she just pretend to stay there on filming days like Luann.

I find it funny that the whole premise of Tinsley staying there is because of what great friends Dale and Sonja are - have they met for lunch/dinner/drinks on the show? The one time I saw them interact was at Ramona's apartment party and it was just a hello - they didn't seem to know each other.

I also believe Sonja's animosity towards Dorinda and Tinsley is real. They threaten her hold on that apple.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Virtually nothing has been said about Ramona being the "bone carrier" of the franchise.  I can't believe she was the one to drop the Dorinda went to PR with Bethenny bomb to Carole.  Why do any of these women want to be around Ramona?  Heather, Carole, Kristen were smart when they wanted Ramona out of their lives, Luann has always cautiously accepted Ramona, Bethenny was the one that gave life to Ramona listening to her tales of big bad Luann being on the prowl for the other women's men.  Imposters has Lenny Cohen, time for Bethenny and Luann to send out the bat signal for Jill Zarin and makes this a reality star wars.  My prediction is Jill Zarin will be back next season and Bethenny will bow out mid season.  Ramona, Tinsley and  Carole beware and Dorinda will have to pick a side.  Plus Jill will have longest marriage and most recent widowhood on her side.

I don't want dead husband one-upsmanship conversations between Jill and Dorinda all season long! 

Jill: "Bobby used to...."

Doinda: Well my Richard..."

Jill: Really? Bobby also used say..."

Dorinda: "Richard said..."

Jill: "Bobby told me one time..."

Dorinda: "Richard once..."

Jill: "Bobby did that but he..."

Dorinda: "Did Bobby ever....because Richard...?

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Virtually nothing has been said about Ramona being the "bone carrier" of the franchise.  I can't believe she was the one to drop the Dorinda went to PR with Bethenny bomb to Carole.  Why do any of these women want to be around Ramona?  Heather, Carole, Kristen were smart when they wanted Ramona out of their lives, Luann has always cautiously accepted Ramona, Bethenny was the one that gave life to Ramona listening to her tales of big bad Luann being on the prowl for the other women's men.  Imposters has Lenny Cohen, time for Bethenny and Luann to send out the bat signal for Jill Zarin and makes this a reality star wars.  My prediction is Jill Zarin will be back next season and Bethenny will bow out mid season.  Ramona, Tinsley and  Carole beware and Dorinda will have to pick a side.  Plus Jill will have longest marriage and most recent widowhood on her side.

I really hope your Jill/Bethenny prediction doesn't come true.    I don't want Jill back and I don't want Bethenny to leave.   Unless they change the cast, I probably won't be watching BH again and I'm not looking forward to the OC. RHONY is my favorite.  I stopped watching when Bethenny  left and I won't watch anymore if she leaves again.

Why do the women hang with Ramona?   They do it for the Bravo paycheck.

I have no idea what a "bone carrier" is.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I really hope your Jill/Bethenny prediction doesn't come true.    I don't want Jill back and I don't want Bethenny to leave.   Unless they change the cast, I probably won't be watching BH again and I'm not looking forward to the OC. RHONY is my favorite.  I stopped watching when Bethenny  left and I won't watch anymore if she leaves again.

Why do the women hang with Ramona?   They do it for the Bravo paycheck.

I have no idea what a "bone carrier" is.   

I am sorry Anna it is Bone Collector  http://www.realitytea.com/2017/03/01/sheree-whitfield-embraces-new-role-bone-collector-real-housewives-atlanta/

All it means is someone in reality TV who carries tales back and forth.

Bethenny has plenty of money and once Carole said everything Bethenny said was untrue I saw the writing on the wall.  At this point, Bethenny has to weigh just how far Carole will go in revealing her secrets.  There have to be a few surrounding the show.   I don't see Carole as the type to honor any unspoken agreements.  I understand about RHOBH there has to be a cast shake up because there are too many "popular" girls.

I think Ramona has pretty well run her course.  She is so anti-Bethenny now it may be her undoing.  Ramona is a parasite feeding off others' misery.   

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am sorry Anna it is Bone Collector  http://www.realitytea.com/2017/03/01/sheree-whitfield-embraces-new-role-bone-collector-real-housewives-atlanta/

All it means is someone in reality TV who carries tales back and forth

Thanks for the explanation.    The truth is even if you said bone collector, I wouldn't have understood.   I'd have thought of the Danzel/Angelina movie.   ?

I guess we won't know what's going to happen to RHONY at least until late summer.   I'm not a Jill Zarin fan but they do need to shake up the cast.   Tinsley, Carole and Sonja are boring and  Ramona is well past her expiration date.

• Love 7
(edited)
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

All it means is someone in reality TV who carries tales back and forth.

Bethenny has plenty of money and once Carole said everything Bethenny said was untrue I saw the writing on the wall.  At this point, Bethenny has to weigh just how far Carole will go in revealing her secrets.  There have to be a few surrounding the show.   I don't see Carole as the type to honor any unspoken agreements.  I understand about RHOBH there has to be a cast shake up because there are too many "popular" girls.

I think Ramona has pretty well run her course.  She is so anti-Bethenny now it may be her undoing.  Ramona is a parasite feeding off others' misery.   

I agree. I've never cared for Ramona. Never have.

I skipped the Aviva season and sporadically watched again when Cindy Barshop season. Since her return I have always felt that Bethany is too close to production and decision making and it is palpable watching the show no matter how they try and hide it. I will say that at least t least Bethany has given us different stories each season granted it's self promotional but at least it's something other than a lunch and a fake reason production trip.

Watching the RH shows ( OC, NJ, NY, BH and D) over the years I've learned not to invest in any one character, not to believe everything heard or what I'm shown, each season a new person is chosen to have their turn in the barrel. If I don't like someone I just mute or fast forward through to the next scene. Andy won't get rid of his favorites no matter how much damage they cause or how boring they become.  Vicki, Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Dorit, & Erika have had their run. Time for new blood with new stories but I suspect they will keep the old guard around no matter what.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9