Type keyword(s) to search

The Dead Files - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Natalie68, was that the ep where the mom and daughter claimed the daughter was attacked while Steve and the camera crew were in another room? If so, I'm in agreement. The mom seemed like a drama queen (and not the best actress), the daughter was remarkably composed in the reveal for someone who claims to be constantly harassed by spirits, and the dad seemed to be grudgingly going along with them.

Interesting in the new episode that aired Saturday night that Amy said it was one of the worst (or the worst?) hauntings she had encountered.  It was a bit chilling when she told the non-believer husband that he would end up killing his entire family and he just sat there and smirked.  Steve called him out on it!

The episode that seemed the worst to me was one in an old southern home where there were spirits of slaves in the basement.  That one always stuck with me.

8 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Interesting in the new episode that aired Saturday night that Amy said it was one of the worst (or the worst?) hauntings she had encountered.  It was a bit chilling when she told the non-believer husband that he would end up killing his entire family and he just sat there and smirked.  Steve called him out on it!

The episode that seemed the worst to me was one in an old southern home where there were spirits of slaves in the basement.  That one always stuck with me.

I would think the worst haunting would be something that Amy could not correct.  I was fully expecting her to tell the homeowners to get the eff out and don't look back.  

I felt terrible when they spoke of the little boy waking up crying with a "scare me!" and pointing.  That would be enough to get me out.

I can't remember how many episodes I've seen that make me sad or stick with me - - so many of them do - - but I think the one that disturbed me the most was the Fall River/Lizzie Borden House one where Amy described seeing an entity she later assumed was Lizzie Borden hissing at her and crawling along the ceiling.  Just envisioning that made my skin crawl.

• Love 2

Last night's episode was one of the saddest they've had.  I think this was the first case of a home and/or whatever is in it actually killing someone.  All I could think of was that I hope Lorie did not die in that house or anywhere around it since Amy said the dead could not leave.  The end didn't specify - - it just said that Roy left the house and went to live with his son.  

Even if they razed that house, isn't the land still tainted?  

Terrible! This episode really gets me to thinking about murders and the supernatural element. I wonder how many people were taken over by an unseen force and driven to murder or had unexplained deaths? I'm sure we'll never know, but the thought chills me to the bone.

• Love 1

That was a very sad episode--you could tell how sick and worn out the woman was, but she just seemed so determined to finish out the issues with the house and her family before she left. I hope she died somewhere away from the house and is free and I hope her family never goes back. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy or move into it, though.

Have you ever known someone who is "gifted."  My boyfriend says he's had experiences.  He's spoken to a few of his deceased relatives in dreams.  He's sensed them around him, sometimes sees them as a ball of light.  When he was younger he was involved in a car accident where the car flipped.  He was a passenger in the car.  Something (he thinks it was his grandfather) told him to put his seat belt on and as soon as he did that is when they got into the car accident.  If he hadn't have put the seat belt on at that moment he could've died. 

A couple weeks ago we were having an argument.  I got up from bed and went into the living room and he said that something hit (kinda like a smack) his arm and he believes it was his grandma who was upset at his behavior.  I'm a believer and think its pretty cool, but better him than me.  I feel like I would totally freak out.  I don't ever want to see a ghost.

At least I know that whenever we decide to buy a house he will make sure that we pick a spirit free house.

• Love 5

I went to a "haunted house" event one October with a psychic present. Her first words to me were "You're a bit of a smart ass, aren't you?" I laughed and said "Guilty." She laughed and said the ones she tells this to never seem to mind. Later met her brother who I didn't know was psychic and he told me my mind runs 1,000 miles an hour all. the. time. Yep. While all the other guests were snapping away in the bedroom or basement trying to capture orbs, I told another guest I thought the sitting room was creepy, especially "that corner." Five minutes later, the curtain and rod on the ten foot tall window in that corner came crashing into the middle of the room. One of the caretakers confirmed that window was a problem, what with the curtains constantly falling and the glass spontaneously breaking. I can't imagine experiencing stuff like that all the time. I don't know how Amy does it.

• Love 2

This is the best ghost show in my opinion.  Cool to have the detective do some readearch that matches up to what Amy is seeing.

Amy's facial expressions kill me tho! Lolol. I need to not look at the screen to rake her seriously..wow

Who is the camera dude? We only see him filming Amy, and he's never mentioned again..would be interesting to hear from him as well.

• Love 2
On 1/9/2017 at 8:31 AM, Christi said:

Who is the camera dude? We only see him filming Amy, and he's never mentioned again..would be interesting to hear from him as well.

He is her now ex-husband. They were married when the show started. He's there to ask her questions and get her to expand on what she's experiencing. I guess they thought it would be weirder for him to just walk beside her and ask her questions. Sometimes they use his close-ups.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

I'm still not completely sold on this show.  I just watched the episode, Hotel Nowhere, where they visited an abandoned building that used to serve as a Halloween attraction.  First off, Steve told the owner that Amy is not going to be happy that he was exploiting the dead - said in front of the camera crew of their TV show that is . . . .  exploiting the dead for television. 

The building once housed mentally ill patients.  Amy is kind enough to call them "weird", "nuts", and proclaim "I don't like them".

Then in the final sit down, Steve tells the owner, "I'm going to call you out on the carpet", and orders him to tell Amy about the Halloween attraction.  Amy's eyes bug out, she maintains eye contact as she slowly turns her head side to side, then she gets this crazed look on her face and starts loudly ranting.  I honestly wondered if she was also a medium, because she looked flat-out demented and/or possessed.  It was creepier than anything I've seen on this show.

I found Amy and Steve completely hypocritical, and Amy unbelievably self-righteous.  She should work on improving her own respect for the dead, particularly those who suffered from mental illness.  I'm sure many people have accused her of being "nuts" or "weird' with all of her ticks, bizarre speaking patterns, and contorted facial expressions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Steve was very hostile to this couple, specially the male.  At multiple times he mentioned that he thought they could be trying to pull a fast one on him.  I was a little surprised by it.  

• Love 1
On 4/2/2017 at 7:07 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I'm still not completely sold on this show.  I just watched the episode, Hotel Nowhere, where they visited an abandoned building that used to serve as a Halloween attraction.  First off, Steve told the owner that Amy is not going to be happy that he was exploiting the dead - said in front of the camera crew of their TV show that is . . . .  exploiting the dead for television. 

The building once housed mentally ill patients.  Amy is kind enough to call them "weird", "nuts", and proclaim "I don't like them".

Then in the final sit down, Steve tells the owner, "I'm going to call you out on the carpet", and orders him to tell Amy about the Halloween attraction.  Amy's eyes bug out, she maintains eye contact as she slowly turns her head side to side, then she gets this crazed look on her face and starts loudly ranting.  I honestly wondered if she was also a medium, because she looked flat-out demented and/or possessed.  It was creepier than anything I've seen on this show.

I found Amy and Steve completely hypocritical, and Amy unbelievably self-righteous.  She should work on improving her own respect for the dead, particularly those who suffered from mental illness.  I'm sure many people have accused her of being "nuts" or "weird' with all of her ticks, bizarre speaking patterns, and contorted facial expressions.

I think ghost adventures also did an episode in that place. 

• Love 1

Did anyone (besides me) watch Saturday night's episode?  

The two sisters living in the home in California; one sister had beaten lung cancer and came back with her two daughters.  Had lived there previously but left because of strange shit.

All of the things they rolled off - - red eyed demons/mists, black shadows, acting out against each other, youngest child having a mental breakdown (and in a trance like state, trying to choke her mother) . . . and the update says that they cleaned down the house but then elected not to follow the rest of Amy's advice.  WHAT? 

What the ever loving fuck?  First, I'd move.  Period, end of story.  When your child tells you she'd rather be homeless than live in that house, pack your damn bags.  I'm surprised that Amy didn't tell them to just get the hell out.  But if you decide to stay (idiots) and decide to follow one step Amy gives you, why not follow them all?  By the same token, if you decide to roll your eyes or whatever at nearly all Amy's advice (bigger idiots), why even bother doing one thing?  

I feel sorry for the youngest daughter, who is still living at home. 

• Love 7

I couldn't believe that tag that stated they decided not to follow the rest of Amy's advice. Seriously, if you go to the extent of having them come into your house to investigate and air on TV, why would you not at least follow all of the recommendations?? They weren't even all that hard compared to stuff Amy has recommended at other houses. If children are having mental breakdowns, either follow what Amy says to do or get the hell out. It's not that hard.

• Love 4

Yet another bizarre update.  Crystal took her family and moved out of the house, leaving her mother behind??  With her mother being in mortal danger, according to Amy?  Something else must have been going on in that family that wasn't discussed because I would NEVER leave either of my parents behind like that.

• Love 5

I love this show!  This show, A Haunting and Celebrity Ghost Story are my favorites! I thought there would be a lot more activity on here!!  

The one I'm watching now is from 6/16 so is there a new season? 

• Love 1
On 8/26/2017 at 8:15 PM, crgirl412 said:

I love this show!  This show, A Haunting and Celebrity Ghost Story are my favorites! I thought there would be a lot more activity on here!!  

The one I'm watching now is from 6/16 so is there a new season? 

Welcome, @crgirl412!   There is a new season going on now.  I think the episodes air at 10 pm, with a repeat following at 11.  

Yet another dipshit, or dipshits, who choose not to follow Amy's advice.  What's up with that?  These two swore up and down they would, they would leave the house since Amy made it VERY clear the children's lives were in danger, and the adults as well, and the update tells us that they decided to stay.  WTF?   Very rarely does Amy say GTFO and oh yeah, burn that house to the ground while you're at it and no one should be living on that land period.  I'd be packing up my stuff before the camera crew could leave.  

The parents can do whatever they like, as stupid and foolish as it is, but I feel sorry for the children, who have no say.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Welcome, @crgirl412!   There is a new season going on now.  I think the episodes air at 10 pm, with a repeat following at 11.  

Yet another dipshit, or dipshits, who choose not to follow Amy's advice.  What's up with that?  These two swore up and down they would, they would leave the house since Amy made it VERY clear the children's lives were in danger, and the adults as well, and the update tells us that they decided to stay.  WTF?   Very rarely does Amy say GTFO and oh yeah, burn that house to the ground while you're at it and no one should be living on that land period.  I'd be packing up my stuff before the camera crew could leave.  

The parents can do whatever they like, as stupid and foolish as it is, but I feel sorry for the children, who have no say.  

Agree.  My husband swears that the "dad" was an actor that he's seen.  He couldn't place him though.

Also, some of the rooms in the house were a complete disaster.  Specifically the room where the two young boys were being interviewed by Steve.    It looked rundown.  I can't imagine inviting a camera crew to your house and having the world to see how awful the state of your house was in.  They've been in that house for years now, so I don't know how that room was in the state that it was.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Thank you for the nice welcome!!! 

I was also shocked that they decided to stay!!  You are right in that she hardly ever tells them to GTFO, burn it down and stay off the land.  Usually it's call a medium, priest, shaman, etc.  Those people are huge dipshits!!  Those poor kids!!!!  

We need a 'where are they now episode' where we get details on those who took Amy's advice- and those who didn't. 

• Love 3

Apparently something is going on with that family that changed things. Amy tweeted a note this weekend to the effect of "I can't believe they lied to me and didn't move out". She later deleted that tweet and said that something had happened beyond the family's control and although they wanted to move out, they just couldn't, and asked for prayers for them.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Apparently something is going on with that family that changed things. Amy tweeted a note this weekend to the effect of "I can't believe they lied to me and didn't move out". She later deleted that tweet and said that something had happened beyond the family's control and although they wanted to move out, they just couldn't, and asked for prayers for them.

I am now SO curios as to what happened that was beyond their control such that they are literally willing to risk all of their lives.  

• Love 3

If Amy told me to move. I'd be gone. Trust me. When she gives out sometimes a seemingly "laundry list" of professionals to consult, does she give references? People like that would be kinda hard to find in the "Yellow Pages" unless you had a special type of yellow pages or a directory or maybe just google it (I'm 63 and kinda dim on my references!).

• Love 3

I'm watching 9/17 and this house is gross as well.  The people and houses seem to be all in the same socioeconomic class.  Don't all of the classes have haunting??

EDIT 9/18:  I watched the next episode of the people with the pretty Bed & Breakfast and they were of a different socioeconomic class than most of the people on the show.  Score for diversity!!!  

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1

Is anyone other than me still watching?  I love this show!!  This weekend 2/24  had a family that was under siege by minions but there was HOPE!!  The women in the house needed to sage and put some salt water along the property and one gal needed to get some therapy because she had some issues that were causing PK's.  Ok.  Seems hopeful, right?  At the end, it said that they'd saged, but decided not to follow any more of Amy's advice.  How does that happen?  These people are so upset that they contact the show. Steve comes over and does interviews and some deep research to get them answers.  Amy comes over, opens herself up to whatever is harming them, sometimes getting hurt in the process.  And their "Thanks" is a "Nevermind! We can live with this!"  Who does that?  I wonder if the entities in the houses have the people so dominated that they are emotionally unwilling to do anything for themselves to help their situations?  Very odd. 

In any event, I LOVE this show and hope that they continue to bring new episodes because I am RIVETED every time it comes on!!!  GO AMY AND STEVE!!!   

• Love 3

I think this may have been brought up before but I always wonder how the people are supposed to go about finding a chaos magician or a medium. Does Amy help them? Give them any resources for finding someone local? And to find a reputable one. I mean, where do you look for someone like that? 

• Love 4

I follow Amy on Twitter and she's said before that she leaves detailed instructions with the homeowners, including names and contact info of people who can help. Apparently she also debriefs the homeowners more extensively than we see on the show.

• Love 10
On 3/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, emma675 said:

I follow Amy on Twitter and she's said before that she leaves detailed instructions with the homeowners, including names and contact info of people who can help. Apparently she also debriefs the homeowners more extensively than we see on the show.

Thank God!! I was worried that she just gave the very generic info we see and then left!  I think it would be good to show us that too.  I wonder why they don't?  

• Love 5
On 3/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, lu1535 said:

I've always wondered/worried about when Amy says someone should move. What about the people buying the house? 

I think about this pretty much every episode.  Great for the people selling and getting out but what about the people buying and moving in?  Especially when you know what's coming. 

That happened on the most recent episode with the two Kellys who owned property in Wisconsin they were wanting to turn into a holistic/healing spa.  Amy said to move and they said they would sell.  I believe it was mentioned they were in a town of 5,000 so it seems like selling would NOT be easy.  Plus, once word got out about TDF and this epi aired, who would want to buy?  

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, psychoticstate said:

I think about this pretty much every episode.  Great for the people selling and getting out but what about the people buying and moving in?  Especially when you know what's coming. 

That happened on the most recent episode with the two Kellys who owned property in Wisconsin they were wanting to turn into a holistic/healing spa.  Amy said to move and they said they would sell.  I believe it was mentioned they were in a town of 5,000 so it seems like selling would NOT be easy.  Plus, once word got out about TDF and this epi aired, who would want to buy?  

Also, I don't know if it would hold up in court, but there's now a documented TV episode talking about what a shit storm the house is.

I just stumbled onto this show today.  I was watching a mini marathon of it this morning.

I don't quite know what to think of this show.  I saw the episode where not only was the home full of demons, minions, ghosts and such, but apparently alien visitations as well.  I think she referred the family to a couple of shamans to help take care of the paranormal problems.  But then she said essentially there was nothing she could do about the alien visitations/abductions.  Even moving wouldn't work!  

I dunno, it just seemed a bit over the top to me.  But it does make for an entertaining show.  And that homicide detective seems like an on the level guy.  And I bet some of the stuff he encountered as an NYC detective would also be most scary!   I shall try to remember to watch this show on a regular basis now. 

• Love 1

We used to live in a condo where weird stuff happened. We moved. I tried to get some history/info on the property and found nothing. Steve digs up all kinds of stuff from the freakin 1700s and such.  I feel stupid. 

Amy's facial expressions make me crazy and dont get me started on the heavy eyeshadow and lashes

• Love 2

Love, love, love this show! I specifically looked through the Forum's list of shows and never saw this one until tonight (Halloween). So glad I found it.

I find both Steve and Any to be very credible and compassionate and am definitely an avid fan and admirer of both of them.

I look forward to discussing the upcoming season with all of you.

• Love 4

This might be more appropriate for the all episodes thread, but it's DOA, so I'll post here.  I was wondering if some of the specialists Amy recommends are expensive to get to these locations.  In keeping with the discussion above regarding most of the victims' economic statuses, I was wondering if they could afford to fly a mental medium in, or pay to somehow transport a "big badass male medium" to their homesite.  Maybe that's why some people don't comply with Amy's suggetions.  I saw a rerun this weekend too that mentioned in the text at the end, that the couple was trying to get a priest to help them. Amy had told them to ask the priest across the way, and it sounded like that priest must have refused.  Interesting.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

This might be more appropriate for the all episodes thread, but it's DOA, so I'll post here.  I was wondering if some of the specialists Amy recommends are expensive to get to these locations.  In keeping with the discussion above regarding most of the victims' economic statuses, I was wondering if they could afford to fly a mental medium in, or pay to somehow transport a "big badass male medium" to their homesite.  Maybe that's why some people don't comply with Amy's suggetions.  I saw a rerun this weekend too that mentioned in the text at the end, that the couple was trying to get a priest to help them. Amy had told them to ask the priest across the way, and it sounded like that priest must have refused.  Interesting.  

I'm sure that is a real issue.  How many shamans are around and most of the time she wants two or three kinds of people to come, "have a psychic come and do ______ then have a priest come and do _______.

• Love 4

The one good thing about when she tells people to hire a shaman, I've always heard her tell people to get one from the local tribe.  One big problem though, is what if the local tribe and their shaman don't want to cooperate?  In my neck of the woods, tribes don't always have good relationships with the surrounding non-tribal communities.  (I'm certainly not saying this is universal!)

• Love 2

Hello any mods out there, please help. When searching for The Dead Files I find it here under this topic but find the show Ghost Adventures under the Candid Reality topic. Those two shows seem to be pretty much in the same genre to me so just want some assistance in trying to figure out the new configuration. Thanks.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, Cowgirl said:

I am enjoying the "Revisited" episodes airing now, where they have fan tweets and more commentary from Amy, Matt, Steve, and the homeowners. Sometimes you get a little tidbit of extra info.

I'm enjoying them too.  I like reading the tweets and I've always liked Steve, especially when he gets soft to a woman and/or kids in distress.

• Love 2