Type keyword(s) to search

The Dead Files - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So recently watched the re-run of the Tatu Shop in Chicago -- it was so evident that Amy was seriously crushing on both tatu artists during the reveal.  It was so funny....and then, when she told them they needed to Be Out of the Place for 72 hours so their friend who had passed away from a heart attack in the upstairs apartment could be "moved on" by a Priest, the one guy said NO!  He wanted his friend around him.   She could not believe he wasn't going to follow her advice....what with all the bad spirits and all.  At the end, he relented and said he wanted what was best for his friend...but it was reluctant.  Also, the were "still looking for a Priest." Umm, in Chicago?  Not that hard to find...just sayin'....

• Love 1
19 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Watched this week's episode and I'm really concerned for the people who buy the house.

Ditto.  I also thought it was odd that Amy told them to never return after going through the cleansing rituals but there was the lady leaning against the real estate sign like it was no big deal.

• Love 4

Was last night's episode, "The Convict", a new one?  Steve and Amy were in Michigan.  Anyway, one problem I have with ghost hunting shows, but this one in particular, is the almost slandering of the dead.  Mr. Smith, who died in 1850, may have been a lovely family man and farmer.  But no!  He is now responsible for wanting everyone in his former house dead!  It kind of makes me sad.  But last night's episode took it a step further.  They actually interviewed the wife of a man who had dropped dead in the house only about 10 years ago.  She did say that she felt his presence for a little bit in the house after he passed away, and she actually liked the feeling.  This I believe to my core.  Amy went on to find him doing Army tactical maneuvers around the home, almost like he didn't know where he was and he was trapped.  This was upsetting.  This is a man of modern times with people living who loved him.  Don't do this.  At least she didn't make him out to be the giant dark force in the house, but to me it's almost just as bad.  Mr. Smith may not have anyone around who remembers him and you can slap some evil story on him, but don't do it to those living in today's world.  It served no purpose.  

(I'll admit I was only half-watching by the end.  Maybe they addressed this more?  All I can think is how upsetting that must have been to his wife.  What's she supposed to do about it? Just leave him there?)

• Love 1

I don't think that was a new episode.  I'd seen it before. I record all the Dead Files on my DVR on Thursdays, and there keeps popping up a two-hour "episode" which states that it's "new" but which is really two separate re-runs.  This happened all summer, but I think finally ceased within the past two weeks. 

• Love 1

I love this show! Been binge-watching past seasons. I enjoy most paranormal shows, but I like this one in particular because Steve and Amy are such an unlikely yet entertaining duo. Hard-nosed former NYC cop tactfully interviews witnesses who claim to have seen ghosts (“Were you boozin’ it up the night before?” “Been playin’ around with dope?!”) while emotional/expressive young female medium (who looks completely different from week to week, e.g. maybe clean/fresh-faced or..wearing a little make-up or..decked out in full-scale make-up blitzkrieg with who knows what hair color) talks to the dead and calmly describes her hellish monster visions to a sketch artist. I love this show! 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Me too!  

I was wrong in my last post -- they are still airing what's described as a "new" episode, but which really turns out to be two old re-runs.  New episodes are indeed airing too though, on Thursday nights. 

Started watching this last season. They just reran "The Offering" about the haunted restaurant in Sedona, Arizona.  That one was done back in 2017. Has anyone been there since then?

I find it interesting that these people call them in because it's getting bad, then at the end of the episode they're still living there and the activity continues.  

• Love 4
On 8/22/2016 at 9:30 PM, emma675 said:

Natalie68, was that the ep where the mom and daughter claimed the daughter was attacked while Steve and the camera crew were in another room? If so, I'm in agreement. The mom seemed like a drama queen (and not the best actress), the daughter was remarkably composed in the reveal for someone who claims to be constantly harassed by spirits, and the dad seemed to be grudgingly going along with them.

Watching this one on Hulu. When Steve is calming her after her “attack” she keeps looking at the camera. Weird. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:06 AM, BookWitch said:

Would like to see them do an  update episode about some of the cases to see if anything changed

The do in the form of their "revealed" episodes.  They have also been running a couple of look-back episodes this summer, if I recall correctly.  

I just watched a Revealed episode from Season 1, and it always make me shake my head a bit at how angry Amy is when Matt asks her a question so the audience can get some perspective.  I don't know if this was at the start of their divorce, or if producers had a talk with her after season 1, but she's much better about explaining what she's seeing so everone else can try to understand. 

How weird was "Evil In Erieville, NY"? That owner of the house, Elvis Restaino, was so cagey. It was like he had an agenda having them there. He's what appears to be a successful designer from California (http://www.elvisr.com/), and he buys this house in a small farming town in nowhere NY state off of the internet, site unseen (in person anyway), with plans to turn it into a B&B? That sounds to me like a really stupid business decision. Which makes me wonder if getting on the show was to get free publicity? His interview with Steve was so awkward. Steve seemed really uncomfortable and the guy was definitely holding back and trying to answer questions carefully. Then we find out he's been trying to "communicate" with the resident dead with homemade blocks and some kind of weird jar thing with a spent dandelion hanging in the middle of it. What is this guy's deal??? He told Steve that all of the activity started AFTER he started this "communication." So if there was nothing going on beforehand, why would he do that? And when Amy tries telling him he needs to shut down the portal he opened, he pretty much showed them the door. No interest in shutting it down. I feel like it didn't go well and the editing at the end was abrupt and incomplete. I wish they had just shown us the whole thing. I found the house on Zillow:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3704-Eaton-Brook-Rd-Erieville-NY-13061/30839100_zpid/ 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, BookWitch said:

I know right! What a dork. Amy did say that types like him ending calling back. I wonder if he ever did. 

I almost feel like he was trying to conjure something up to make his B&B an attraction. You know, haunted weekends in the country inn. And getting the show involved to get him publicity and get Amy to confirm that it is haunted. Whatever it was, he had something going on that he wasn't being honest about, and I have a feeling Amy and Steve walked out of there shaking their heads.

Edited by Teri313

I have a question, can anyone tell me which episode has a spirit by the name of Charles Latsha from PA who was murdered at 19 and was part of a commune that didn’t believe in marriage.  I can’t find it, it;’s driving me crazy.  

I've been watching the new episodes and I'm loving Amy's talking about the team she has to help with the spirit invested houses--I always wondered how a civilian/non-medium/non-psychic could find a shaman or a white witch.  

I also love the sketches Amy loves to have drawn up because the people she's helping really need a visual reminder of the weird and wacky things stalking their homes.  NOT!

Edited by kitmerlot1213