Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Seasons 1 & 2 Discussion

On 12/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, norcalgal said:

Old Fart who was alive when all three movies were made and released

Four, actually. The New Karate Kid was released in 1994 and it's considered canon to the Cobra Kai universe. I was 8 when that came out and I'm rooting for Hilary Swank to make an appearance. It was her first lead role and it'd be cool to see her make an appearance. It's also be sweet if they throw Robyn Lively a bone and have Jessica show up. Robyn REALLY wants to be in Cobra Kai, lol.

• Like 3

I actually WAS alive for the fourth movie (I was 4, lol). I liked the prospect of Mr. Miyagi training someone other than Daniel; that should come into play in Cobra Kai at some point! And Robyn Lively appeared in a The Good Doctor episode last year, so while she's still in acting, it'd be nice to get her on the show too to reprise Jessica, even if just for a single scene.

• Like 1

Danny and Johnny working together "Tango and Cash" lol!!! Woo hoo!  "You fell like a champ" hee.

Next month, I'm excited! 

• Like 3

On 12/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, callmebetty said:

I read that Aisha isn't going to be back, does anyone know why?

They had to make choices in terms of budget and she was deemed unnecessary to the story plot. I'm just going to tell myself that Tootie pulled her daughter from the school and sent her to Eastland with the explicit instructions to Blair to look over her.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

On 12/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, benteen said:

New Cobra Kai trailer is up!

This looks awesome but I really hate the scenes that show Kreese and Robby together and Kyler joining Cobra Kai. Hopefully the latter will finally show Hawk the bad path that he's gone down and the former will end up with Robby telling Kreese to go fuck himself.

Edited by DeeDee79

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kyler was such a lame character and it's stupid they're bringing him back.

Kyler is exactly the sort of bully Krees's Cobra Kai is all about, so it makes sense to me.

• Like 4

I am super excited about this coming back, but something I am confused by, Tori seems like she's not gotten in any trouble for starting the fight, Robby is shown in juvie/jail but she started everything and it still seems like she's just out and about.  Although I am excited to see the Karate Kid 2 cast!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

I am super excited about this coming back, but something I am confused by, Tori seems like she's not gotten in any trouble for starting the fight, Robby is shown in juvie/jail but she started everything and it still seems like she's just out and about.  Although I am excited to see the Karate Kid 2 cast!

All Rise is also playing the story of who you and your family is determines who serves time and who gets the deals. Besides Robby delivered the almost kill shot.

• Like 2

Heads up for an epic KK Zoom reunion!

Youtuber Cobra Kai Kid announced that many members of CK and alumni from the first 2 films will be reuniting online December 21st 9am PST/Noon EST.

In addition to Ralph Macchio, and Billy Zabka, the chat will include the producers/writers from the show, Ron Thomas (Bobby), Tony O'Dell (Jimmy), Darryl Vidal (Pat Morita's stunt double and inventor of the crane kick), Tamlyn Tomita (Komiko), and Yuji Okomoto (Chozin) .

Best of all:

Elizabeth Shue (Ali) and Thomas Ian Griffiths (Silver) will be there too!!

• Like 4

On 12/19/2020 at 5:40 AM, magicdog said:

Heads up for an epic KK Zoom reunion!

Youtuber Cobra Kai Kid announced that many members of CK and alumni from the first 2 films will be reuniting online December 21st 9am PST/Noon EST.

In addition to Ralph Macchio, and Billy Zabka, the chat will include the producers/writers from the show, Ron Thomas (Bobby), Tony O'Dell (Jimmy), Darryl Vidal (Pat Morita's stunt double and inventor of the crane kick), Tamlyn Tomita (Komiko), and Yuji Okomoto (Chozin) .

Best of all:

Elizabeth Shue (Ali) and Thomas Ian Griffiths (Silver) will be there too!!

Thanks for the heads up. that was a really fun reunion.  Can't wait for season 3 

Okay, that link a few posts up confused the heck out of me at first because it links to a totally different channel from where the reunion ACTUALLY is and just refers to it indirectly.  

Since the reunion is also on YouTube, on Josh Gad's channel... why don't I just drop it below, right?

If you want to see Billy Zabka and Robyn Lively together he guest starred in an episode of the show Gortimer Gibbons Life on Normal Street playing the very Zen Sensei Jeff where Robyn played the title character's mother Claire. They had one short scene together.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yowza she's 48. 

I remember when she appeared on a  episode of Cold Case and people kept commenting on how old she looked. I think it's more because in our mind she's 16 and it was weird seeing her in her mid-30's. Anyway, she really, really wants to be in Cobra Kai. And you know what? More power to her. Hollywood is hard and the fact that she's still working after over 30 years as a "Hey, it's that gal" is impressive.  

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

I thought perhaps there would be a description of the upcoming season on there and sure enough:

"Johnny Lawrence wins at life and gets all the hot babes and Daniel loses everything. It's the feel good story of the year. Zebra rocks!"

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I Am Not A Lawyer 😀

On 12/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Yowza she's 48. 

On 12/23/2020 at 10:48 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I remember when she appeared on a  episode of Cold Case and people kept commenting on how old she looked. I think it's more because in our mind she's 16 and it was weird seeing her in her mid-30's. Anyway, she really, really wants to be in Cobra Kai. And you know what? More power to her. Hollywood is hard and the fact that she's still working after over 30 years as a "Hey, it's that gal" is impressive.  

Hot take: she'd still get it. I think she looks phenomenal. 

I've started rewatching the show, and season 2 gives me so much anxiety. Every time Kreese shows up, I want to fast-forward to literally anything else, even the boring Myiagi-Do bits because I feel so bad for Johnny and want him as far away from Kreese's creepiness as possible.

I'm once again baffled by the season 3 writers' decision

Spoiler

to make Robbie turn to the Dark Side and join the Emperor. You'd think after his horrible mistake at the end of season 2 he couldn't have any other way but up, considering Daniel's positive influence on his life through the year.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, Aim123 said:

I live in CA, and they have a cop on campus at our town's high school. That cop would have called for backup immediately and not only that; they would've done some sort of lockdown. We had a lady (with a mental illness) throw a rock at the school office's window and shatter it last year. The front desk woman in the office pushed some sort of secret button on the bat phone and within minutes the entire school was locked down (all classroom doors were locked and no one was allowed to leave where they were.) 

I am late to the party, but I was coming here just to say this. We finally finished S2, and that fight was nowhere in the realm of reality. I too live in California and my daughter's high school has a permanent full time police officer. The school would have had instant lock down after the intercom threat, and that shit would have been shut down almost immediately. If not, the actual police would have been called before it got to that point. And where I live, all of those kids would be expelled for this kind of violence and destruction. No question. Well, maybe not Demetri because he just defended himself from attack, and Sam because her Dad has money and influence and she could argue that she was defending herself after being threatened and hunted down, but everyone else for sure.......

I know that Demetri embarrassed Hawk, but that was no where near what Hawk did to him in terms of terrorizing him and bullying. The minor smack down Demetri gave him in no way makes up for what Hawk has done. I really hope he gets the true ass kicking he deserves in Season 3 because he is straight up awful.

My final issue is Kreese just basically stealing Johnny's dojo! Does Johnny not have a lease agreement? Proof of payment for rent? I would be calling the police and having him thrown out - he's basically trespassing. But I know, it's a tv show. I just felt like this episode moved into the realm of fantasy a little too far......oh well, onto S3.....

• Like 3

No, Johnny didn't have any lease agreement. It was a 'handshake deal.' Likely Johnny paid rent in cash. Kreese did say that at the end there, and Johnny talked about the deal earlier in the season. While unlikely irl, they were consistent within the show on that. 

• Like 2