Type keyword(s) to search

S38: Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Of course with Probst it could be that Kelly AND Chris lost. Probst loves his muscley Males and if true UGH to Julie and Wardick outlasting Lauren. Do not like Julie after last weeks episode. It's not Cruel to send a previously booted Player back to EOE you idiot. He lost before that's the breaks 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well shockingly that boot list is wrong already. lol. Not that I am surprised at all. There just don't appear to be any legitimate spoilers this season save for the Kelley gets screwed in the end game which I think has a good possiblity of happening.  And on that note this tweet is now getting talked about.

The reason it is being talked about are the 3 people who liked this tweet, namely both Kelley's mother and father and also Victoria's mother.  Probably means nothing but still interesting.
Edited by LanceM

Kelley’s dad liked a similar tweet by Gordon Holmes last week.  Dale isn’t the biggest fan of Joe, so part of me wondered if he ends up coming back and winning (or knocking Kelley out).  

The first rumors I heard were Eric won, and that the winner was supposedly from EOE because of a controversial ending.  I can see that happening more than Chris returning and winning.

All of those tweets and likes and such really does point to an early boot coming back and winning the season. I think it is safe to assume Kelly gets to the end and loses to SOMEONE. And I don't think there would be THAT much controversy losing to a player who has been there all along, but I can see a controversy in an early boot winning the game. Either way, I can see the Kama getting picked off soon enough, because that seems to be the same story for every tribe that merges with a strong lead. 

Since Chris and Eric are two rumored possible winners, it’ll be telling if one suddenly gets a huge uptick in screen time or some redemption edit.  The finale is April 15th, and so far both haven’t been compelling.  Until tonight I couldn’t even remember Eric.  And I can’t believe he’d suddenly get a lot of screen time returning to the game and then just win.  I suppose it could be possible,  it seems weird.  

I think the producer controversy is that they arranged EoE specifically to ensure that a returning player could stay in and win (well, at least in my own mind that's why they created EoE-it's my theory and not supported by any outside evidence).  I think what many people overlook about Boston Rob's numerous seasons and eventual win is that he played different games/strategies based upon with whom he found himself playing.  I didn't care for his gameplay in his first season, but he mixed it up in his following seasons and that's when I grew to really enjoy him as a player.  The problem with many of the returnees they bring back is that they don't have other strategies to implement.  Joe is playing his same style and both Aubrey and Kelley mentioned that they only really know how to play as underdogs.  I think returnees work best when it's an all returnee season.  The producers may have really expected Joe, Aubrey, or Kelley to win (I don't think David was favored even though he's my favorite of the returnees) and are just confused when none of them win (per all the speculation and spoilers).  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Since Chris and Eric are two rumored possible winners, it’ll be telling if one suddenly gets a huge uptick in screen time or some redemption edit.  The finale is April 15th, and so far both haven’t been compelling.  Until tonight I couldn’t even remember Eric.  And I can’t believe he’d suddenly get a lot of screen time returning to the game and then just win.  I suppose it could be possible,  it seems weird.  

Yea, neither Chris nor Eric are getting any kind of edit at all. If Chris were the winner I'd think that he'd be getting more of an edit now while he's on EoE. I guess maybe if Eric starts getting a bigger edit now that he's there then I could see him winning, but as it stands now it just doesn't seem possible. They would never give a male winner such a small edit imo.

With Kelley's mom/dad and Victoria's mom liking that tweet though, it really seems like the F3 is Victoria/Kelley/EoE returnee and the EoE returnee wins. Or perhaps there's another person in F3 because either Victoria or Kelley loses the F4 fire-making challenge to the EoE returnee.

Kelley is definitely getting a shitty edit, so I feel like it's guaranteed that she's going to lose in a way that people would hate if she hadn't gotten this edit and were give the 'spunky underdog' edit she got last time. I also think they're giving Victoria a bad edit. They've shown her say stupid things and they seem to be downplaying her role in the decisions that have been made so far.

• Love 4
(edited)

That tweet said what a lot of people think - Survivor is all about once your torch is snuffed you are gone, and not liking the EoE concept.  So could be telling could just be a fan POV whether or not an EoE returnee wins or not.  

I'm not sure how an EoE winner is controversial in and of itself, whether its a returnee or not.  Its the game they set up.  I think the jury thing is perhaps the biggest mistake.   I suppose I would feel more miffed about EoE if all the EoE members vote for the returnee in a block.  Honestly what do they know about anything that happened after they left?  

I do wonder if in the final 3 questions the EoE person says or reveals things to their buds on EoE that seals the deal or seems to.    

I don't mind returnees per se but think they should stick to all star seasons instead.  By bringing back returnees in mixed seasons they limit the number of people they can go to for an all star season.  And its not just because they are immediate tgts, so are older people, especially older women, nerds etc.  Returnees take away from a new person's experience, everyone starting on a theortetical level playing field, they take extra screen time - all in a way that hasn't really shown to be worth it.  

Although part of me wonders, if EoE was dreamed up as a way of stacking the deck for a returnee win, why wouldn't they all be challenge monsters?  Joe is the only one that fits that bill.  Unless its puzzles.  (I'm sick of puzzles.  How about a memory game or something,)

As far as returnee winners edits, TV man has been getting a lot of screen time from the beginning. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:16 AM, ForeverAlone said:

All of those tweets and likes and such really does point to an early boot coming back and winning the season. I think it is safe to assume Kelly gets to the end and loses to SOMEONE. And I don't think there would be THAT much controversy losing to a player who has been there all along, but I can see a controversy in an early boot winning the game. Either way, I can see the Kama getting picked off soon enough, because that seems to be the same story for every tribe that merges with a strong lead. 

Well it is rumored to be a returning male that wins.  However, how awesome would this clusterfuck of a season be if it is Reem who ends up winning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Some tidbits from Sucks:

Wardog posted on Reddit that David and Julie are closer than is being shown.  The posters there think there's a shot of Gavin wearing the immunity necklace as the tribes go to TC.  And in the preview it looked like something being thrown in the fire, so speculation is either Rick or David throw their half of the idol in there, which could be where Jeff says "I've never seen anything like it" and the reaction we get from the jurors at TC.  

I think Kama gets back together, with Ron taking a big step back for the time being.  It doesn't sound like Victoria wanted to vote against Eric, and Julie was blindsided along with Ron.  Aurora wants to go with the numbers, but I also consider her a wild card to maybe go rogue this vote.  Since Julia/Gavin made a big move the last vote, she might decide she wants to get some resume points.  If she feels on the outs with Kama again, she might vote with Manu and use her extra vote.  I have to think that Kama feels somewhat confident that Kelley/Lauren don't have an idol, since they haven't played one yet despite their names being thrown around and popping up at TC.  Rick could throw his half idol into the fire to prove loyalty to Kama and stick it to David, and Kelley/Lauren could pull idols out which maybe makes Kama scramble last minute.

I won't be surprised if a Manu ends up going this week (probably David or Wardog), and that this is all just build up to make it seem suspenseful.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Wardog posted on Reddit that David and Julie are closer than is being shown.

Although David voted against Julie's ally Eric so I don't know how close they actually are at this point. Something to keep an eye on, though! BTW he also said this:

I was blindsided at tribal to find out that Aurora and David was brought into the plan...and it turns out I was not the only one, and perhaps some people got very upset about it after that tribal...i can not say anymore but IMO those two being brought in last minute sets up the chaos thats about to go down Wednesday night.

Enjoy survivor community enjoy the epic downfall....

He seems to be very chatty and bordering on spoilerish. Maybe he's just trolling.

• Love 2
(edited)

Somehow I don't think Wardog is trolling, because I think he likes to hear himself talk and especially be right.  So it'll probably be the typical 'what were they thinking, I was totally blindsided' after math.  Ron will probably still try to be in control but take a step back and pretend he's not.  There will be the 'now we can't fully them (Julia, Gavin) but we have no choice'.  They are hyping up the TC more than anything. 

I'm curious who else wasn't in on the plan besides Wardog and the rest of the Kamas/Rick.  Julia, Gavin, and Victoria are the other Eric votes.  Did they not know?  How else would they have known their plan would work if they didn't have numbers?  

Edited by LadyChatts
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Somehow I don't think Wardog is trolling, because I think he likes to hear himself talk and especially be right.  So it'll probably be the typical 'what were they thinking, I was totally blindsided' after math.  Ron will probably still try to be in control but take a step back and pretend he's not.  There will be the 'now we can't fully them (Julia, Gavin) but we have no choice'.  They are hyping up the TC more than anything. 

I'm curious who else wasn't in on the plan besides Wardog and the rest of the Kamas/Rick.  Julia, Gavin, and Victoria are the other Eric votes.  Did they not know?  How else would they have known their plan would work if they didn't have numbers?  

Julia, Gavin and Victoria could have been in the know and not tell Dan, Kelly, David, and Lauren. The Kama that voted for Eric knew that the Manu were going to vote for Eric. Manu had no reason to change their vote and every reason to hope for the best. So the Kama vote with Manu but don't tell Manu because they were worried that Manu might be too cocky at tribal and blow it.

I am not sure that would be brilliant game play, Manu had a damn good reason for not blowing it and Kama might have screwed up a chance to work with Manu by building trust in the vote.

As for the coming vote, by voting out Eric, the Kama four take control of the numbers in Kama and make it a bit safer to work with Ron and Julie.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:04 AM, BK1978 said:

Well it is rumored to be a returning male that wins.  However, how awesome would this clusterfuck of a season be if it is Reem who ends up winning.

Returning from EoE right?  Not a returnee to the game David/Joe.  Although Joe would be both.   I'm gettin really confused with everything!  I can't even figure out the above posts about what went on at last tribal.  
If a returnee from EoE Rick Devins has gotten good screen time all along.

19 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

If a returnee from EoE Rick Devins has gotten good screen time all along.

He does have the most winner's-like edit of the men that have been to EoE so far imo.

Ep description:

Tribal Council heats up, and castaways strategize until moments before the vote. Also, concentration is key at a classic immunity challenge.

Sounds like the big hullabaloo is just gonna be 'strategizing until moments before the vote.'

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

When there is a scramble just before tribal often its because the expected agreed on bottom/next vote won immunity right?  Or has switched alliances.  

It said "moments before the vote" -- sounds to me like somebody reveals that they have an idol at TC?

Edited by Special K
because reveals has an L
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why do I feel like this is going to be a predictable boot with just a lot of whispering in each other’s ears that’s supposedly a scramble (but really isn’t).  

Unless a Kama member totally loses it or says something stupid and the others decide to ditch him/her.  My guess is Kelley and Lauren pull out idols, the others just whisper in each other’s ears who to vote for between David and Wardog, and one of them goes home.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Why do I feel like this is going to be a predictable boot with just a lot of whispering in each other’s ears that’s supposedly a scramble (but really isn’t).  

Because you’ve watched this show before. 😉

• LOL 4
27 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Because you’ve watched this show before. 😉

And because I have, Jeff’s “I’ve never seen anything like it” probably has nothing to do with TC and something that happened earlier in the game.  And it probably is something he’s seen a hundred times, but this cast is giving him nothing so he has to pretend.

• Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, LadyChatts said:

The finale is April 15th, and so far both haven’t been compelling.  Until tonight I couldn’t even remember Eric.  And I can’t believe he’d suddenly get a lot of screen time returning to the game and then just win.  I suppose it could be possible,  it seems weird.  

Do you mean May 15th? April 15th would mean there are two episodes left and we still have... a lot? of players. 

As anyone who's been reading this topic knows there haven't been very many reliable spoilers this season. A couple here and there such as Wendy quitting but also a lot of noise and nonsense.

With that said, a poster on reddit who who claims to have a 3rd-hand source did correctly predict a few things like a "poor Aubry showing" and Rick returning from EoE. Now they say that Wardog will be the boot this week.

So when Wardog boasted earlier this week 

Enjoy survivor community enjoy the epic downfall....

Could it be he was talking about himself?  LOL

• Love 1

Wardog seems to be full of hot air this week.  I really believe that there's a lot of hype around this episode and it's going to be anti climactic, but they are going to make it seem suspenseful.  In the sneak peek I posted in the previews thread, David wants to get back in with Rick, Julie, and Ron.  Wardog claimed that David/Julie were closer than has been shown.  So I'm thinking those 4 as well as the other Kamas will plan on voting together.  Maybe David and Rick throw their idols away in front of everyone to show loyalty on David's part.  

I'm sticking with Kelley/Lauren pull their idols out at TC and say they are going to play them, leaving everyone to scramble as to who the next obvious vote is.  Remember when this happened during Caramoan, and there was no getting up and whispering in each other's ear?  People just whispered and said Phillip out loud.  Good times.  

So Kelley/Lauren could bluff with their idols and not play them, Wardog goes home.  They pull their idols out, there's a scramble, they play them for nothing, Wardog still goes home.

Victoria didn't want to vote against Eric last week, Aurora says she's going with the numbers, Rick has no desire to vote with OldManu, and Ron/Julie were blindsided.  I think Julia and Gavin probably figured they proved a point, made a move, and will go back to trying to pick off OldManu. 

• Love 2

The Warthog is exactly the type of person whose ego is big enough to describe himself getting voted out as an "epic downfall".  I have to say though I have not seen any speculation anywhere that the Warthog is tomorrow nights boot so the fact that this poster is claiming this is intriguing to say the least. If he gets this right than maybe there will finally be someone this season that has accurate spoilers.

• Love 1

Next weeks episode title is Blood of A Blindside.  So if something exciting doesn’t happen this week, maybe next?  

In terms of Wardog, he’s been a non factor since the merge, suddenly getting no screen time, and has been mocked but Jeff the last few challenges for his pitiful performances.  I’d find it hilarious if he either gets nothing in his boot episode or he looks bumbling on his way out (assuming he does go tomorrow).

So a sign that Dan is either trolling or giving away his boot:

The Wardog‏ @IAmTheWardog

Why is The Wardog the only one not SUPER excited about tonight?

9:50 AM - 10 Apr 2019

The Wardog‏ @IAmTheWardog 2m2 minutes ago

All i got to say about tonight is....where is the line drawn at way too many idols and advantages played at a single tribal?

I think Julia's reply sums this up best:

Julia Carter‏ @thejuliacarter 6m6 minutes ago

Replying to @IAmTheWardog

Lame

I will say, I'm not as excited about a Dan boot as I would have been a few weeks ago.  He's good in a comedic sense, and I really dislike most of the Kamas (and Rick) that I'd much rather one of them go home again then get back together and do a boring Pagonging of the OldManus.  

• Love 3

Damn it. Now I think he's staying. Unlikely he'd be that blatant. If he does go tonight, and Chris does turn out to be the next EoE returnee, that tells me Alec from DvG really did get unfairly punished for his inconsequential little instagram pic compared to those two's much more obvious spoilers.

• Love 2

Now he has a tweet @ Victoria where he says something about uniting tonight.  I'd say he's definitely trolling.

Which makes me happy if it ain't a predictable boot.  My biggest fear is that Lauren or Kelley bluff with their idols, don't play them, and still get voted out (I'd lean towards Lauren making that mistake over Kelley, but she could gamble).  

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, LanceM said:

Anyway posted on reddit today, take with the usual copious amount of salt.

12th: Ron/David/Julia

11th: Ron/David/Julia

10th: Ron/David/Julia

So I'm not giving any spoilers much credibility this season (the only one being right was Wendy quitting EOE along with another castaway-and I'm almost thinking that was a lucky guess).  However, going back to this Reddit spoiler, they did have Julia as being one of the next boots in some order along with Ron and David.  Now Eric went last week and wasn't suppose to go until 6th or 7th, according to this spoiler.  But if David or Ron goes next week, I might be back to believing this a little (unless it's been totally discredited lol).  Maybe they just had Ron/David and Eric mixed up.

As to this week's spoiler, I'm guessing Wardog saw someone was saying he was the next to go and that's where all those trolling tweets came from.  I'm kind of surprised they seem so lax this season about the contestants posting certain things about the show.  

Edited by LadyChatts

I don't know I always question boot lists that have multiple choices like that because it just seems like someone throwing names at a wall. But if the next two boots line up we will see. I agree about the social media thing they were going to crack down after the Alec things last year but apparently not. Though to be fair I don't think the Warthog or Victoria (whose been answering questions on twitter since the show ended tonight) have really divulged anything spoilery.  None of the cast really has from what I have seen.

Edited by LanceM

Just read the weekly EW article by Dalton Ross.  While it's mostly about Peachy's analysis of how and why this most recent TC went live, there's the usual final question about what to expect in the next episode.   Peachy's answer is just 5 words.

Two people going home. Uh-oh.

Note: not two "Voted Out".  But two "going home".  While it could be the anticipated (and somewhat needed) double boot episode, there are other things this could mean.

There's been that one rumor of a David medevac, and that might come to fruition here.   Another possibility is someone raising the Surrender Sail and leaving EoE.  Either of those plus a regular boot would equal 2 people "going home".

And, if going to EoE does not equal "going home", then it could also mean that a regular boot finally decides to take the Path of No Return.

Just 5 words to imply another chaotic episode.

• Love 3

I think it’s possible it’s still 2 people voted off, even though Jeff didn’t word it like that.  Some on Sucks think it could be a two tribe scenario like they had during Ghost Island where Jenna and Michael got voted off.  Or at TC it’s announced a second person is getting voted off right then and there.

Though the preview was pretty dull so maybe it is a quit.  We did hear Julie say there would be fire works at TC.  Maybe she quits when the vote doesn’t go her way?  It’s hard for me to see anyone quitting EOE.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Julie quits, she lost it last night. She would have been screwed on Manu at the beginning of the game because she cannot handle being in the minority.

Julie's tearful comment of "I have no one looking out for me" says a lot about her and maybe her unfitness for Survivor.   Did she really think people out there were going to take care of her?  In a contest for a million dollars? 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Special K said:

Julie's tearful comment of "I have no one looking out for me" says a lot about her and maybe her unfitness for Survivor.   Did she really think people out there were going to take care of her?  In a contest for a million dollars? 

Even though The Real World may drop some pretty significant clues every now and then, you can’t realistically expect a person to truly comprehend something which is totally beyond their actual life experiences.  

If Julie has had some degree of significant emotional/financial support structure all her life - parents, husband, family, etc. - then this may very well be the very first time in her 46 years she’s ever tried operating without them, and she doesn’t have a clue how.  Even though Julie may have been watching Survivor since S1Ep1 and intellectually perceived - and even acknowledged - the deprivations put on contestants by the show, she may have had no way of knowing how it was going to feel emotionally.

Contrast Julie’s relative instability to the opposite end of the spectrum - Aurora’s relative stoicism.  Aurora’s background of entering the foster care system at an early age probably prepared her better than most for the feelings of emotional isolation - but likewise, Aurora’s personal history of figuring out how to function (and succeed, even) in life without a dependable emotional support network probably hamstrings her to a degree in terms of fully trusting others; Aurora decided early on to put her trust in Joe and Aubry - but after the vagaries of the game took them from her, Aurora hasn’t demonstrated any significant progress in creating new trust relationships.  

Julie emotionally needs and trusts other people too much, and Aurora too little - and neither extreme bodes well for longevity in Survivor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

But if David or Ron goes next week, I might be back to believing this a little (unless it's been totally discredited lol).

I think that person has been totally discredited since they said David would get the boot after Rick refused to give him his half of the idol.

Although it looks like they're reddit today still insisting that their F6 spoiler is legit.

I have to say these fake spoilers that keep getting proven wrong week after week are at least making this season more a little more interesting, lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

“Blood of a Blindside” – Two tribal councils in one hour, and a surprise advantage may pay off for one castaway’s game, on SURVIVOR

Next week's episode description.  I'm guessing they are going the Ghost Island route and doing two tribes.

I think that person has been totally discredited since they said David would get the boot after Rick refused to give him his half of the idol.

Although it looks like they're reddit today still insisting that their F6 spoiler is legit.

As I said, I'm always leary of spoilers that emerge late game because it's usually just lucky guesses along with rumors that are already out there (good example is Chris making it back into the game because of the buff pic, Kelley losing in the end, and Rick making it to the final 4/6).  But Julia going was kind of out there when this was first posted, barely getting any screen time.  We'll see next week.  I'm surprised they aren't hyping a double boot more.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Interestingly one of the other things that the "spoiler" who said that Rick was going to betray David and not give him his half of the idol t and vote him out this week or next is that he also said that Rick was going to align with Julie and Victoria going forward.  This might have some validity. As last week we saw Rick connect with Julie and in the previews next week it appears that he wants to align with Victoria. So as always we shall see as previews are notorious for misdirection.

Yeah I think pretty much every "spoiler" had Kelley in atleast the final four mainly due to Dale Wentworth who I guess was trolling everyone with his tweets. Though I guess it is still possible she can win her way back in the game.

Victoria still intrigues me the most. She doesn't appear to be getting a winners edit to me but then you have stuff like David's comments in the Hollywood Reporter (see below) the other day that just makes me wonder... Aubry had praised her as well early in the season though that could just be because she was praising the person who got her o

"I was impressed with the way Victoria was able to navigate the game and make everyone feel like she was on their side even when she wasn't. I enjoyed hearing about her guinea pigs and hoped I wouldn't become one."

Edited by LanceM

I guess one could argue that Rick (a returnee from EOE) voted Kelley out.  If he wasn't back in the game, she might still be there.  And it could be that someone does end up winning from EOE (like Rick).  At this point, even the spoiler about the winner coming from EOE because everyone bonded out there I think is false.  I'm not saying the winner isn't from there, but I don't think there's a lot of this kumbaya bonding going on.

There have been those that had weird edits but won (Michele and Natalie W. come to mind), and I think whoever wins this season will fall into the same category.  David's comment is intriguing, but Victoria's edit is weird.  I will be watching the next couple of weeks closely to see if it goes anywhere, but I always think it's interesting what they don't show.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

David's comment is intriguing, but Victoria's edit is weird.  

I thought she was getting a subtle winner's edit for a while, but then it lost steam imo. But now it's again looking like she might be it. The edits are all just weird this season because of EoE.

I don't even think I believe the 'someone from EoE wins' spoilers anymore. Although, I do think Rick is getting maybe the most winner-y edit of them all. Still, if he wins, I don't think it'll have anything to do with EoE bonding people like the spoiler said.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Up to this point, I can see either Rick or Victoria winning, but it could totally be somebody different.

I'm with you.  Those two seem the most likely to me at this point.

• Love 2

Well if you think about the Kama Six completely imploded the last few episodes in spectacular fashion in which most of them looked like fools. The fact that Victoria was not shown much during this time might actually be a good thing for her winning chances.  Not only was she shielded from that but she even got to let us viewers know that she thought it was the wrong idea to both vote out Joe  and Eric and that that were bigger threats to get rid of first.. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering if there's a chance Rick ends up winning.  It would fit with the spoiler (which I'm calling a rumor at this point), that an early boot from EOE wins.  He seems well liked.  He's got the underdog story going on.  

I don't know who still on EOE could come back and win, as two of the rumors (Eric and Chris) have barely gotten any screen time since arriving there.