Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

I cried when Jax broke down.  Sorry!  But everyone else did.

I have worked as a volunteer coordinator and manager and during that time I did learn that you need to give people ownership of the projects you are working on and not dictating everything. They will be more invested in it. Lisa is being really dismissive of the Toms.  Do they screw up a ton?  Yes. But they deserve to have some say. I think she's being rude and shady with the whole money thing.

• Love 6

Anyone else hear Scheana’s jab during her makeup meltdown about how “Jax was just in Vegas all high telling me i love you..” well played.  She’s really a vindictive one. I can see why LVP plucked her from VIlla blanca and made her a pet lol. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, dosodog said:

The Amazon dog lion commercial just kills me.  I so love Dad for coming up with the lion mane and wonder what is wrong with the baby.  It's a Golden!  How can you be afraid. Tears of sadness and joy!

You know, if Sandavol is so smart and so ready to run a bar, then I say let him.

Let him do the payroll, the taxes, the licenses, the hiring, the firing, the scheduling, the food /bar costs, repairs, inventory, ordering, liquor enforcement, complaints about drinks and food, business tax, state tax, federal rax.

Ask him how many frozen shots he has to sell to pay for the fancy machine.  And how much margin he wants.  Let him price the cocktails and factor in taxes/fees, wages, property costs, equipment costs so said cocktails can make a profit.

I can come up with snazzy uniforms, drinks with chili powder and purchase a machine on a whim without factoring in the cost effectiveness too.  And I'm not a tv bartender.  But I'm self aware about my qualifications. Something he's not.

Sandoval (as usual) doesn’t know shit. 

I’m in commercial real estate and Lisa could easily spend $2.5M on build-out. Retail can be very expensive per square foot. It looks like they started with demo to a cold, dark shell. Also I think she’s adding a roofdeck among other things?

What she’s not mentioning is how much the Landlord is contributing. Depends on lease term, % overage rent breakpoint (tied to bar’s income) and credit on the lease (Lisa and Ken are too smart and experienced to personally guarantee - could be LLC tied to this location only).

My old company spent $3M of their own money to put a restaurant in an office building. They figured it made the property more marketable to future tenants and for future sale. IMO they’re wrong and will never get that $ back (it’s a suburban office park) - it was a vanity play. Pure retail like this is tricky though - sometimes the Landlord contributes very little. Especially if it’s a small-time owner.

Yes! Let’s see how much the Tom’s are involved running the day-to-day operations! It could be a great opportunity for them (particularly Schwartz) to get hands on experience for a real future career. Unfortunately I’m not sure how smart they are...Sandoval will likely be all consumed with the brilliance of his frozen shot machine.

In other topics - don’t go changing Scheana. Your self-absorbtion and idiocy is priceless for it’s snark-worthiness. Personally I text cause I’m too lazy to actually call. Not that so they can keep re-reading how much I care. And spending a few coins to send flowers was obviously out - since she doesn’t like them.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add - apologies for subjecting you to commercial RE.
  • Love 11

Who gives out 50 grand in the form of a check and doesn't know if it's been cashed or not?  What kind of lame brains are these two Toms?  So much for having any business acumen what-so-ever.   I check my bank account almost every day.  I've been known to contact people after a few weeks to ask them why they haven't cashed the $50 check yet, let alone cavalierly sit back without a clue as to what's happening to $50,000. 

While I can't say as I blame her for NOT cashing those checks, in all fairness, Lisa should have shredded them in their faces the minute they handed them to her.   Her not cashing them isn't a very nice thing to do, either.  Still, the way those boys behaved when in Las Vegas, I was kind of surprised she didn't up and kick their odious, drunken butts to the proverbial curb right then and there.  I certainly would have.  

Seriously...who behaves like they did when meeting their "business partner" for BUSINESS?   Didn't she pay their way there and their hotel rooms, also?   A little respect, gratitude and sobriety wouldn't have hurt those boys one iota.  And I don't even LIKE LVP!!

• Love 8
(edited)

Nothing between LVP and the Toms seems normal, because it’s not! We’ll have a new TomTom spin-off soon IMHO. Rolls eyes. The fact is, that all of the howives cast members are aging and don’t appeal to younger viewers. Some are grandmas even! Bravo knows this. Plus, When they have introduced younger cast mates to the OG’s, it rarely worked. Think Brandi and Teddi. Bravo wants the youth to get hooked. I would imagine the new TT bar will be totally hip, which Sur and Villa Rosa are not so much anymore (I haven’t been there, but I don’t think they would appeal to 21 to 35 year olds.) I’m 62 and I would go if I was in the area and there was no wait, lol. YMMV. I think TomTom is being set up as a new show and if so, is really quite genius. 

The drama is already being created.

Edited by AntAnn
  • Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, Inspectabecky said:

Anyone else hear Scheana’s jab during her makeup meltdown about how “Jax was just in Vegas all high telling me i love you..” well played.  She’s really a vindictive one. I can see why LVP plucked her from VIlla blanca and made her a pet lol. 

How is that vindictive? The cast is quite upfront at the very least about their marijuana use and recreational use is legal in Vegas.

• Love 3

I don't watch this show but caught the reunion and Schneana is so weird looking.  I remember she was cute when she was on RHOBH and fucking Brandi's husband and then she got progressively more strange looking!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How is that vindictive? The cast is quite upfront at the very least about their marijuana use and recreational use is legal in Vegas.

Pretty sure she didn’t mean high on weed. Jack loves his coke. I’m sure they all dabble really.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Marley said:

Pretty sure she didn’t mean high on weed. Jack loves his coke. I’m sure they all dabble really.

The I love you man is a specific trope I always associate with weed, not coke but since she didn't specify I still don't get hpw its vindictive.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/8/2018 at 10:45 AM, SFoster21 said:

Call me all the names you want, but Patrick was not using unusual words, imo.  I have also used these words.  They are common enough for readers.  He used them correctly and did not strain for them.  They’re words he uses. 

The ways those folks on stage reacted: I mourn the dearth of education in the United States if these otherwise upwardly mobile appearing white individuals are not only ignorant, but proud of it!  

Reminiscent of Stassi trying to talk to a Summer House guy.  Might as well be speaking different languages.

Sad.  Just sad.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, teapot said:

I love a big word, but I feel like Stassi's ex would reach for big words on purpose to make himself sound important or "better-than."  It was just sort of awkward...like...inconsistent Cholula instead of too much or too little, or clerical work instead of detail work.   IMHO the plainer words would've been more accurate.  I think he was just a pretentious douchebag.

her new guy wears a t-shirt that says "PUPPIES ARE AWESOME" and dances in public and she seems over the frickin' moon about him. Talk about night and day!!

Yeah, Patrick may have liked to pull out the $10 words, but more often than not, they were just incorrect enough to distract me from whatever point he was trying to make. He sure had the ego to act like he was more intelligent than anyone else!

Stassi's blinking, slack-jawed, "What does that word mean" responses struck me more as a combo of how he groomed her into responding, making it clear in subtle/unsubtle ways (I'm guessing here) that an intellectual equal or above would NOT be welcome--and geunine puzzlement at his very creative definitions. I am so glad she's out of that dark hole of existence.

I felt for Jax even as I thought there was a calculation to his emotions; but his largely unchecked, rolling rant was...odd. I'd have thought he would opt for the Jax Can Be Reasonable redemption line, but maybe he thinks he'll get more mileage by appearing unhinged for longer.

Hopefully Katie will talk in Part 2 besides giving Tom his cues.

ETA: Actually, scrap that last. I prefer Katie sitting there watching like she's The Dowager SUR. Far more than Lisa was, this round.

Edited by HouseofBeck
  • Love 5
On 5/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, Primal Slayer said:

But so is Jax lol. They should've dated each other.

I truly cannot stand Jax. He has some serious issues and I actually feel guilty watching him implode on television. It's not like he's even clever enough for us to say "Oh, Jax's doing that on purpose". He is so self-centred that he is incapable of empathy, or of even listening to a different point of view (despite the fact that his point of view is ALWAYS wrong). Brittany is a fool. Both of them - begone!

• Love 2
On 5/8/2018 at 8:45 AM, SFoster21 said:

Call me all the names you want, but Patrick was not using unusual words, imo.  I have also used these words.  They are common enough for readers.  He used them correctly and did not strain for them.  They’re words he uses. 

I agree with you, and given that he's on the radio, his vocabulary makes sense. I do think he and Stassi purposely played up their educated vs uneducated personas for the camera as I don't think Stassi is THAT dim-witted. I have to say, when Patrick wasn't throwing around insightful comparisons, he was a typical, self-centred, crude dude. As soon as he had to meet someone or pass day to day civilities, he was not attractive or street-savvy. 

On 5/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, Bluedog100 said:

I have lost both parents and my sister. Two losses were unexpected and tragic. I was showered with love and comfort in each loss. People whom I hadn't heard from in years reached out to me. But in my grief, there was a small, petty part of me that bristled when I thought of a few people who I had fully expected to hear from who remained silent. I never ranted about it and only shared my feelings with my best friend. But still, I bristled. People grieve in many ways and for that reason, I too give Jax a pass on this one. His pain is very fresh.

I am sorry but I just cannot give Jax a pass. It seemed to convenient for him to begin screaming at the one person everyone had a shot at, and he refused to acknowledge when he was wrong. He's done a lot of nasty shit on this show, just the ridiculousness of Jax stating pillows meant James and Kristen cheated was nasty. Do we blame his dad's death on that behaviour? Anytime someone started to speak, he would start yelling again about Scheana. I don't buy it. He's avoiding some truths - he never did answer if faith was a one-time or many times. What about what he said about Brittany? It's easier for him to scream about dad's death and scheana, than be real. Florida wasn't even real, I bet.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:39 PM, Chicosan said:

Second, when she said she hadn’t cashed TT’s checks yet. I’m sure Tom and Tom never expected that to happen. It’s a very manipulative move on her and Ken’s part and it proves she can’t be trusted on a business deal not to mention totally taking advantage of their naïveté. 

I agree with most of what you are saying (except I didn't cry with Jax either - maybe it's age and how common death becomes?). I do remember the episode of the Toms writing their second TomTom cheques and specifically stating, well I hope Lisa doesn't cash them for a while. So I think the cheque-writing was strictly for show and there's probably some drama brewing for next season.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, Fiero425 said:

These people were not friends; usually trying to make the other miserable! A text was more than enough after you see the hateful banter in their "Talking Heads" about each other week in, week out! ;-)

Exactly. Jax was just grateful everyone was hating on Scheana so he could use up time screaming about her and not being in the hot seat himself.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2018 at 7:19 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is a great point.  

I did a quick google search. Not sure if these machines are identical to what Sandoval purchased, but the price range was $3-8K.  Flatscreen TVs used to be prohibitively expensive.

I thought he only rented it for the party?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I thought he only rented it for the party?

No he said he bought it and they would be the only place in the country that had it which makes absolutely no sense. 

• Love 7
On 5/9/2018 at 7:43 AM, biakbiak said:

Because the whole thing is most likely as fake as Jax's job offer in Tampa.

I am surprised more posters haven't pointed out that Tom San. is notorious for never following through. One of Ariana's biggest complaints was that as soon as she included Tom in her book (because he was insanely jealous of the deal) the book has literally stalled. He cannot follow through with anything and Lisa and Ken know this. I think they are pretending there's a partnership for the name TomTom

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am surprised more posters haven't pointed out that Tom San. is notorious for never following through. One of Ariana's biggest complaints was that as soon as she included Tom in her book (because he was insanely jealous of the deal) the book has literally stalled. He cannot follow through with anything and Lisa and Ken know this. I think they are pretending there's a partnership for the name TomTom

People like Tom S. are truly "jacks of all trades," but are the MASTERs of none! The acting, trumpet playing, etc. just makes him feel accomplished, but nothing could be further from the truth! ;-)

• Love 2

Jax managed to show he still can't keep his temper under control by the end of that episode... I know Sheana is annoying as hell, but you only make yourself look bad acting out of control. 

I wish Brittany would cut her hair. Is she Pentecostal?  The ends are so dead, it puffs out and looks awful. She is very pretty,  it would freshen her up.  And too much bronzer and makeup IMO, it aged her.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/8/2018 at 6:01 AM, iloveit said:

I could be totally wrong here but I also side eyed Jax saying he had never been to a funeral before. At almost 40 years old, how is this possible? None of his friends or older relatives? None of his friends’ parents or grandparents? A mentor or teacher or coach from childhood or something? This makes me question his reaction to Scheana even more because it is like, was he there for other people the way he is demanding she be there for him?

Remember how he said he also had never been to a wedding before, I think, Scheana and Shay’s? What the hell is with this guy?

On 5/8/2018 at 10:45 AM, SFoster21 said:

I agree with the first part but he used some of them somewhat strangely and I’m not convinced they’re words he normally uses. He was trying, hard.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, teapot said:

I love a big word, but I feel like Stassi's ex would reach for big words on purpose to make himself sound important or "better-than."  It was just sort of awkward...like...inconsistent Cholula instead of too much or too little, or clerical work instead of detail work.   IMHO the plainer words would've been more accurate.  I think he was just a pretentious douchebag.

This.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, beaker73 said:

I'm getting a low rent Kim Kardashian vibe. 

I think this describes many facets of the “Scheana experience” for me.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, oakville said:

A few years ago, Lisa was trying to sell Villa Royale . It took a while. I don't know if it actually sold.

What is that?

On 5/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, biakbiak said:

I don’t understand what is vindictive or clever or whatever in saying that at all. Exactly, they’re all, especially Scheana, very upfront about their weed use. I don’t think she meant anything other than weed. Many of them are upfront about other drug use and I could actually buy Scheana, more than most of them, only smoking weed and drinking. Also, I’ve never known users to refer to themselves or others that arevcoked up as being “high,” they just say fucked up. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Remember how he said he also had never been to a wedding before, I think, Scheana and Shay’s? What the hell is with this guy?

I agree with the first part but he used some of them somewhat strangely and I’m not convinced they’re words he normally uses. He was trying, hard.

This.

I think this describes many facets of the “Scheana experience” for me.

What is that?

I don’t understand what is vindictive or clever or whatever in saying that at all. Exactly, they’re all, especially Scheana, very upfront about their weed use. I don’t think she meant anything other than weed. Many of them are upfront about other drug use and I could actually buy Scheana, more than most of them, only smoking weed and drinking. Also, I’ve never known users to refer to themselves or others that arevcoked up as being “high,” they just say fucked up. 

My mistake!, The restaurant she wanted to sell was called Villa Blanca !

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

My mistake!, The restaurant she wanted to sell was called Villa Blanca !

Oh! I wondering if villa royale was another restaurant elsewhere or something.

1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I hope at some point they mention the twit Kevin Lee controversy. And I hope he loses some clients.

It's a three-part reunion, I'm sure it'll come up.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, HunterHunted said:

LVP is being manipulative and shady with this TomTom thing. She first wanted that old Chi Chi LaRue space to be a gastropub that Max would manage. But she's seen that a ton of the yelp reviews for SUR and Pump mention Vanderpump Rules and wanting see the cast at the restaurant, she knows James' DJing brings in a crowd, and she knows that the cast charges $10,000 -$20,000 per appearance, and she wanted a way to make it a regular occurrence to see the cast at her new venture. This is why she proposed this partnership. However, she doesn't want an actual partnership with them. She wants to shackle them to the place as an attraction. The irony of this is that the Toms actually proposed this exact situation; she rejected them and said that they had to put up some actual dough.

YES to all of this.  I said this somewhere in a different post, but I believe LVP has figured out a way to get Tom and Tom to be sure to be at HER restaurant every night of the week, and instead of paying them, she has made them a "junior partner," which is just a way to pretend that they matter, and they are dumb enough to go along with it and be excited about it.

And on top of that, she has them paying HER for all of this.  That is - if she cashes the checks.

She is the most manipulative and SHADY person on tv, and that is saying something.

While I am complaining about her, I have to throw in that due to her being a producer, she has the ability to show the cast talking about how much they are in love with her (Schwartz especially, but also Jax and Sandoval), and also Katie and Ariana talking about looking up to her and dreaming about living in an LA estate with swans and Bentleys.  She makes me sick, these idiots never stood a chance.

• Love 4
On 5/7/2018 at 6:10 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I'm befuddled - I think Lisa's top is really ugly, yet I also think she looks great in it - so much better than what she's wearing on the RH reunion...

On The Voice tonight, Kelly was wearing that same top! Weird. 

• Love 1