Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Neeners said:

(I think) he was ranting about giving Scheana or her mother (??) flowers when they were going through something. 

I hope Scheana’s Mom doesn’t hate flowers as much as Scheana does.

9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

With the exception of real estate oral contracts are valid in California.  LVP and Ken can't keep raising the bar and lowering the percentages they agreed on with the Toms.  I agree with Sandoval there is just no way an itty bitty place like Tom Toms should run into the millions-they are leasing the space.  

Wow! They are only leasing, yet sinking that much money into gutting it?

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Hell, he bought the expensive shot chiller saying that they would be one of the only places to have it when the space hadn't even been plumbed or drywalled and is still not open more than 8 months after he purchased it when things like that often quickly drop their price or have competitors who enter the market quickly.

This is a great point.  

I did a quick google search. Not sure if these machines are identical to what Sandoval purchased, but the price range was $3-8K.  Flatscreen TVs used to be prohibitively expensive.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3

The Toms are screwed. Presumably Lisa and Ken already have some sort of holding company or business entity that is the owner of TomTom.  It seems at this point the Toms are not partners or members of this company.  When the market value pre-opening is $2.5M; the buy in for 5% ain't gonna be $50,000.  Maybe they'll get a discount in a couple of years when the goodwill is diluted and it's worth less, then they can take over and build it back up.  

• Love 3

Math nerd here to point out that if the Toms actually keep their money in interest bearing accounts, Lisa would actually be doing them a favor by not cashing the check. Lets face it, those dummies could use every nickel they can get, especially when Sandoval appears to spend money on the most ridiculous things (i.e. a TT ring for Schwartz, golf clothes for one golfing adventure, forehead shaving equipment, etc.). I'm not sure which successful clubs and restaurants Sandoval has opened that qualify him to criticize how much LVP spends to open one of hers.  And let's face it, this place IS hers.  

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Really. Sandavol questioning Lisa's decorating skills. What a tool. This from the guy who wears the most hideous outfits ever. This from the guy who acted like a total ass when they went to pick out fixtures. And took some shots before the big meeting. And he's going to dictate how Lisa and Ken - who have had how many successful bars and restaurants - do TomTom, when he invested 5%.  Lisa is impeccable when it comes to decor. You're a bartender Tom - stick to creating drinks. And people think Schwartzy's the dumb one? You're right - he gets it - shut your mouth and learn something.

I enjoy watching LVP and Ken on RHOBH.  LVP track record with co stars has been bumpy  and she is not always entirely truthful.  The partnership she has with SUR is public record-she and Ken own 51% and the other couple owns 49%.  Like most partners-he was not questioning LVP's decorating skills he was questioning her expenditures.  Which is what partners do.  Tom was enthusiastic about being included in picking out fixtures.  Perhaps LVP and Ken should have said come watch us make all the decisions and let's film it.  LVP is very condescending and it is beginning to show the cast does not need her.  

Sandoval is more than a bartender, he is a brand and LVP made an offer to cash in on Tom Tom, the brand, it was accepted, there was consideration and meeting of the minds.  It has been years since LVP has had financial control over Jax, Tom Sandoval, Scheana. Katie-they have their own contracts with Bravo/Evolution, their own agents and managers they don't need to work shifts at SUR to pay their rent.  It seems pretty obvious LVP and Ken, the pros, are way behind schedule in opening the place.  I agree with Sandoval the Todds are more about decor than functionality.  People who go to bars do not order bottles of wine-I am sure the idea was to focus on bottles of Vanderpump Rose and whatever else she comes up with.  These folks make their bank with drinks by the glass-not bottle service.  There is no room for much more than eating a few appetizers and quaffing down some drinks. The place is small 1508 square feet-which means LVP is spending a lot of money including a patio area that overlooks at fenced park.  Their license has to have at least 50% in food so functionality is key.  Regarding the licensing: 

According to the State ABC, a “47” license, “Authorizes the sale of beer, wine and distilled spirits for consumption on the licenses premises. Authorizes the sale of beer and wine for consumption off the licenses premises. Must operate and maintain the licensed premises as a bona fide eating place. Must maintain suitable kitchen facilities, and must make actual and substantial sales of meals for consumption on the premises. Minors are allowed on the premises.”

It is the same type of license that Tom Tom’s neighbor, Bottega Louie, is applying for and that most certainly is a restaurant.

In practice, this means two things: food sales must account for at least half of revenue, and that smoking will not be permitted on the outdoor patio they’re buildingover West Hollywood Park.

This may be a temporary measure. Historically, when businesses have proposed opening a full bar or nightclub, the City has first limited them to a restaurant for six months to review operations before up-zoning at a later date.

Of course, up-zoning from a restaurant to a bar or nightclub will require approximately 60% more parking spaces and because the City has not released a parking occupancy survey in more than two years, we do not know whether parking credits are still available to accommodate such an intensification of use.

Of course Ken and Lisa know all this and are banking on a big interest from the beginning and the Toms are the draw.  LVP needs to be less condescending-I don't often agree with Jax but I do agree I would not want to be a part of this mess.  I also think a lot of LVP's style is dated.  They were going for more of an industrial instead of her go to shabby chic look.  Professional restaurant designers are available and in the long run may have been more cost effective.

Anyone know if this is dinner only or does it include lunch?   

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Historically, when businesses have proposed opening a full bar or nightclub, the City has first limited them to a restaurant for six months to review operations before up-zoning at a later date.

But wouldn't this be a a good reason to sell wines by the bottle? If you are operating as just a restaurant for 6 months, wouldn't it be possible that people would be more inclined to order wine with their meals? 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

But wouldn't this be a a good reason to sell wines by the bottle? If you are operating as just a restaurant for 6 months, wouldn't it be possible that people would be more inclined to order wine with their meals? 

You don't have to have a giant cumbersome wine fridge to sell wine by the bottle.  Lots of places offer wine by the bottle sale without having it on display.

I think they want to sell a lot of "designer" drinks.  There is so much profit in them.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree with Sandoval the Todds are more about decor than functionality.  People who go to bars do not order bottles of wine-I am sure the idea was to focus on bottles of Vanderpump Rose. 

Also, I remember someone saying something about the kitchen being upstairs. If the servers need to climb up and down stairs to deliver food, that is a bad idea. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

LVP is shady with not cashing them checks. She wants to give herself an easy out once the TomTom opens and it becomes a success or constantly hold it over the Toms heads. 

She is a real snake in the grass.  

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Although I am a little surprised that he couldn’t use his half-sister Amber to get in the spotlight. It’s disappointing that he had to use someone from this show for camera time.  

It sounds like he wasn't really after a role on the show (he thinks reality tv is below him) - he was after HERMAN, and he was trying to get in good with him for a movie role or something.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Brittney, please don't get pregnant. Don't. Get. Pregnant. 

You know that when they spray and pray, she is actually praying FOR a baby.

36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How did Scheana land a gig in Vegas? I think she said she moved there. I wonder if she's going to be on VPR next season and I also wonder if the other girls are jealous because she has something else going on outside of the show.

It is a small, limited time role in that stupid "Tips from a Gay Man to a Woman" - she was living in a hotel, and I believe she is moving back to LA this week.

She is no Sigfreid and Roy!

5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope Scheana’s Mom doesn’t hate flowers as much as Scheana does.

Interestingly, Scheana was on another podcast a week or so ago, and she talked about how much she loves to get flowers.  She is so full of it!

• Love 9

The smartest thing you can do when designing a bar is consulting with top end bartenders; functionality should be the number one priority.  Many restaurants/bars are horribly designed where bartenders can’t even see patrons waiting to be served without walking to the other side.  It’s one of the first things I notice when meeting friends for drinks.  Ugh, the place is beautiful, but it’s a chore to get noticed or the drinks take too long because of the design.  Yeah, often theses restaurants are successful, but it’s not because of the design, but despite it.  You can have both fabulous decor and functionality if you heed equipment requirements/accessibility of the bar staff and everyone will be happier.  As both a patron and a bartender for awhile this is a thing for me.   Unless you’ve been a bartender under the gun, it’s hard to appreciate what a huge deal it is - and waitstaff for that matter.  Kitchen upstairs?  Absolutely bonkers.  Food will be delayed and cold more often than not.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Ramona/RHoNYC was doing that when discussing how long she and Mario were married. 

We were together 17 years. 

We were together 22 years. 

We were together 30 years. 

• Love 9

Call me all the names you want, but Patrick was not using unusual words, imo.  I have also used these words.  They are common enough for readers.  He used them correctly and did not strain for them.  They’re words he uses. 

The ways those folks on stage reacted: I mourn the dearth of education in the United States if these otherwise upwardly mobile appearing white individuals are not only ignorant, but proud of it!  

Reminiscent of Stassi trying to talk to a Summer House guy.  Might as well be speaking different languages.

Sad.  Just sad.

• Love 19
(edited)

One other I thing I noticed last night about cranky Jax-I think he is taking a stand about always being on-much to Brittany's chagrin.  It seems Kristen, Stassi have pretty much worked themselves out of jobs at SUR-does anyone ever ask what Kristen does?  There seems to be a meeting of the minds between the Southern Charm folks and Vanderpump Rules folks-the ones with more seniority seems to want to be able to take time off or be compensated for their appearances.  I believe that is what Jax was crabbing to Scheana about when she wanted him on the red carpet.

This show and these people working at the restaurant has run its course.  Scheana would return from six months off for a covented food service position?  Lala will step away from the private jet to hostess for $10.00 an hour?  James seems happy with a Tuesday night gig.  Kristen, Stassi and Scheana just think it is their job to meddle in Jax life including interfering with his Reiki therapy and claiming the therapist can't call him Jason?   Katie does absolutely nothing-some pretend personal assistant position to LVP.

Years ago my husband showed me an article in a business journal where LVP and Ken claimed they purposely suppressed the cast income to keep them real.  All my husband could say is apparently LVP is totally clueless-these stars will learn how to negotiate and no longer need her.  I have noticed they have not done the SUR calendar/photo shoot for a couple of years.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I don’t doubt Jax is grieving. When his Dad passed Jax had to grow up for probably the first time in his life. Not only is he dealing with the actual loss of his father, but the dawning realization that life is short, he isn’t a kid anymore, and that comparatively he hasn’t come close to measuring up to his Dad. All his poor choices and mistakes are now obvious to Jax. I hope he uses this new enlightenment to change his life around. 

I think Stassi was the first girl Jax really loved. And may always love in some small way. 

Stassi’s got her mojo back in a toned down, more mature way ?! 

Is Ariana pregnant???!! Andy’s first comment to her and Tom mentioned “glowing”!! Need to pay attention to the end when they do shots to see if she is drinking. 

LVP looks dour and tired. She is a very low energy person. Despite how busy she always claims to be. 

• Love 2

The cast really did work at Sur in the beginning but obviously don’t need those jobs anymore other than the show. Things have flipped and now LVP needs their participation to keep the show going and Sur in the spotlight. 

Maybe what they should do is start fresh by infusing new people into the Sur/Vanderpump Rules scenario and then start a spinoff called “Tom Tom”. The Tom’s and their significant others and friends could be the focus. 

• Love 2

Scheana's Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo including the light harmonizing in the background cracks me up every time.  I'd like it as my ringtone.

Don't the Toms know they were brought in by Lisa to use their looks, fame and drink knowledge?  Dummies paid for that privilege and will not see a dime of real return for a real long time.  Why aren't those checks put in some kind of an interest bearing account?

Jax gets a pass by me too.  I lost my mother when I was 28.  I lived out of state and when I came back for the funeral my long time "bestie" who lived in that state could not bring herself to make the drive to attend although I personally asked her to.  Still bitter after 21 years.  Scheana is a co worker.  She didn't need to attend the funeral but at least send a sympathy basket.  Jax did contribute to her story on the show.  A text is one step above hitting the sad face on a Facebook post.

• Love 8

I only watched this reunion for the Scheana breakdown. She really is all about herself. When she was crying saying it was harder than her divorce I wanted to smack her fake lashes off yet again. She is a D lister and will fade into oblivion once this show is over, or maybe we will see her on various Marriage boot camp style shows. I was giggling when she went on and on about Rob and hers first date/kiss and they told her to wrap it up. Clearly he was using her to get to something bigger, which is sad, but she is such a narcissist that she kinda deserved it.  I do wonder if Rawb was partly the reason her divorce from Shay happened.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, albarino said:

Also, I think Jax was telling the truth about how things went down when he was in Vegas, Scheana lives in an alternate universe.

^^THIS^^ I loathe that bloated, red-faced, greasy, roid-ragey piece of shit known as Jax, however, I absolutely believe Scheana did exactly what Jax said she did in Vegas. She is only and always about herself. Her face - which looks like a plastic Japanese blow up doll now - is pretty much the only thing she ever seems interested in. She has zero self awareness, zero interests outside herself, and is a vacuous piece of useless plastic waste. She never has anything worthy to say, it's always about her. Always, all ways. The best thing BravHo could do for psychos like her and Jax, is to fire them from these shows and not even allow them into filming areas, basically cut them off completely. Force them to get a real fucking job like the rest of us. I also loathe that disgusting PoS known as Brandi Glanville, but man, she must be laughing her ass off watching Scheana's comeuppance. Also, I hope with all the shitty "I have always loved Rob, even on my wedding day" blathering, that Shay realizes what a bullet he dodged by getting out of that marriage.

• Love 12

I think Jax is deplorable on so many levels, but I can't get mad at him about yelling at Sheana because Kristin was right - his anger was way displaced and extra because of his grief. I lost my husband about six months ago and to say the grief has been a rollercoaster is an understatement, and my sporadic anger has shocked me. There've been a number of times when I wanted to rage at someone for no good reason and I had to, like, take a walk. If I had Sheana around, I probably would not hold back, heh. She's kind of the worst. But, so is Jax. I just maybe understand what that was all about. God, I related to Jax. I feel dirty. 

I never, ever - and I mean EVER - want to hear about Ariana's and Sandoval's sex life again. EVER. Please. Please, Baby Jesus no. I can't...

Stassi's hair was on point. But what the hell is up with all of the velvet on everyone? Was George Costanza the stylist? Brittani is gorgeous but a style nightmare. Someone fit her for a bra, stat. Loved Kristen's hair. And if I looked like Lala I'd never wear makeup. She's so beautiful without it - with it, she's straight out of a Slaughter video from 1990. (Maybe that's her goal?)

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

I think Jax is deplorable on so many levels, but I can't get mad at him about yelling at Sheana because Kristin was right - his anger was way displaced and extra because of his grief. I lost my husband about six months ago and to say the grief has been a rollercoaster is an understatement, and my sporadic anger has shocked me. There've been a number of times when I wanted to rage at someone for no good reason and I had to, like, take a walk. If I had Sheana around, I probably would not hold back, heh. She's kind of the worst. But, so is Jax. I just maybe understand what that was all about. God, I related to Jax. I feel dirty. 

I never, ever - and I mean EVER - want to hear about Ariana's and Sandoval's sex life again. EVER. Please. Please, Baby Jesus no. I can't...

Stassi's hair was on point. But what the hell is up with all of the velvet on everyone? Was George Costanza the stylist? Brittani is gorgeous but a style nightmare. Someone fit her for a bra, stat. Loved Kristen's hair. And if I looked like Lala I'd never wear makeup. She's so beautiful without it - with it, she's straight out of a Slaughter video from 1990. (Maybe that's her goal?)

Sorry for your loss.  Six months is not very long to deal with the loss of the spouse.  

I think Jax is fed up with a fair number of the cast using him to make them relevant.  Kristen, Stassi, Scheana all used Jax and Britanny's relationship as their story line.   Really shitty was Kristen bringing Britanny's mom out to break them up and the others trying to get Brittany to date while she is living with Jax.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Call me all the names you want, but Patrick was not using unusual words, imo.  I have also used these words.  They are common enough for readers.  He used them correctly and did not strain for them.  They’re words he uses. 

The ways those folks on stage reacted: I mourn the dearth of education in the United States if these otherwise upwardly mobile appearing white individuals are not only ignorant, but proud of it!  

Reminiscent of Stassi trying to talk to a Summer House guy.  Might as well be speaking different languages.

Sad.  Just sad.

I love a big word, but I feel like Stassi's ex would reach for big words on purpose to make himself sound important or "better-than."  It was just sort of awkward...like...inconsistent Cholula instead of too much or too little, or clerical work instead of detail work.   IMHO the plainer words would've been more accurate.  I think he was just a pretentious douchebag.

her new guy wears a t-shirt that says "PUPPIES ARE AWESOME" and dances in public and she seems over the frickin' moon about him. Talk about night and day!!

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would not doubt it - if I remember correctly it made a lot of that season all about Scheana and her tankini wedding dress

The first time we saw Scheana on RHOBH, she was being kicked out of SUR by LVP because of Brandi, the next time she was sitting down with Brandi and talking Eddie Cibrian the third time she was shopping for wedding cakes before Shay ever proposed.  Scheana is that girl that is all about the wedding and not so much the marriage.  Scheana loves being the center of attention and lack of talent or sincerity doesn't really matter.  

I am at a loss as to why it was "manipulative" of Rob to dump Scheana after filming-I thought it considerate.  Rob interviewed:  https://realityblurb.com/2018/04/27/vanderpump-rules-rob-valletta-talks-split-with-scheana-marie-and-her-robsession-reveals-he-actually-likes-kissing-hints-at-scheanas-jealousy-plus-his-biggest-complaint-about-her/  Speaking of people cashing in.

Highlights:

Scheana has blamed weed for her ‘Robsession

Rob, who has been acting for over 10 years, reveals he asked the network to pay him but they refused. For him, he says it wasn’t about the money but more about the principle of the situation.

“At first, I was having a battle. I was like if you want me, I’ve been acting for 10 years. As you know in this town, it’s a very hard town. You have to build up your credits. And you have a day rate, and all these things. I was like if you want me to be on camera, pay me my day rate. And they were like no, we’re not going to pay you any of that,” he said.

He dished that production does pay for some things, such as catering for the food when he invited Ariana Madix and Tom Sandoval to his house for dinner, but there are many other things that they don’t pay for.

He admitted his Big Bear home IS an AirBnB rental but says the producers did not pay him for having the cast there.

“The only thing I don’t like is her nails. I got used to them, but they are claws,” he shared.

Finally, he stated that he wasn’t invited to the reunion and he has a theory on why.  “They didn’t ask me back for the reunion. The reason is I think they know that I would go on there and I would defend Scheana,” he stated.

Had nothing but nice things to say about Scheana’s ex-husband Mike Shay. He called Mike a “very respectful person” and a “good guy.”

He never watched Vanderpump Rules until he started dating Scheana again. The first episode he saw was the reunion confrontation between Scheana and Mike Shay, which made him more frightened to do the show.

He doesn’t think Pump Rules cast is famous. “These people are not famous. They’re popular. They are like the popular quarterback in high school who everybody knows and they’re very popular but they never made it to the pros,” he said.

He encouraged Scheana to do her Vegas show and to try to create a platform for herself outside of the show, citing that it’s not going to last forever. (Good point there! So many reality stars fail to capitalize on their 15 minutes).

Likes Lala Kent’s boyfriend Randall Emmett. Hung out with Lala and Randall during NYE despite being broken up with Scheana.

Says he understands the double standard (Randall not having to film and producers forcing his hand to film) because Randall is a bigger name and a more successful producer than he is.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder if Scheana married Shay for a storyline? 

The fact that Scheana thought Shay was capable of carrying even a smidge of a story line makes her even dippier than I thought.

And I thought she was pretty damn dippy!

• Love 2

Jax has basically summed up who he is and unless HE changes, I can't feel sorry for Brittany if she chooses to be willfully ignorant about the man she's with after seeing him at his worst. Jax is great in a relationship until his bad habits start to wear thin and his partner starts calling him out on his shit. Then she's just a mean bitch and he can't deal anymore so he runs off and sleeps with someone else. If you cheat to sabotage your relationships, then why do you go to such lengths to hide your infidelity and then lie about it? You cheat because you are a narcissist who needs instant gratification. You need someone to feed your ego and if you can't get it with one person, you'll temporarily look elsewhere for what you need and then try to have the best of both worlds. 

Wait, does Sandoval and Scheana look bad at their respective clips and think they sang and played the trumpet well? Lala didn't say anything that the rest of the viewers didn't say when they saw those clips....because we aren't deaf. 

I'm glad that Stassi has finally seen Patrick for who he is. Now let's hope she's learned her lesson. For whatever Jax's judgement is worth, he said that he really likes her new dude. 

Maybe because Scheana has been so self-centred this entire season and lacked any awareness that I'm inclined to think that her tears were more because of Jax's harsh words that were a reminder of how embarrassing her behaviour was this season. Insulting Jax and propping up Rob and Jax threw it right back in her face but I think that was just a catalyst to allow him to go off on her. I don't know how close or not close they are, but his behaviour suggests that he did hold some resentment toward her for doing something he felt was impersonal and the bare minimum. 

• Love 8

Well, I’m three pages in and wondering if I need to do a rewatch because what I expected to see I haven’t read. I thought Jax seemed coked out of his gourd. Like multiple rails through the straw coked up. Did I imagine that?  He seemed so much more “up”. 

I found the tears from everyone odd. I cried at that Amazon commercial where the couple dressed the dog as a lion so the baby wasn’t scared. I have emotions. But I was watching in awe that anyone was crying at this. Of course I have compassion and sympathy his father passed unexpectedly-that is horrible. But I found his reaction so incredibly weird. And as stated above- so drug infused it kept me on that instead of his emotions. 

But yes!  What about Schena talking of her marriage in seasons!  I couldn’t believe the words coming out of her mouth!  She views her life in reality “seasons”. She is so annoying but that may be the grossest display of relationship for a camera I have ever seen or heard. 

Why did Schwartz look so hot?  Keep that up whatever it is.

Ariana and the going down thing- no!!!!

Stassi dated a dick.  Upside- we all got to see Patrick this season and are laughing at him and even Andy breaking down the variations of d bag he’s been called on social media.  Haha- awesome.  Take that you tool.

This is like the best “season” of reality tv for me NY, Vanderpump, Southern Charm- trifecta of awesome.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, njbchlover said:

If, in fact, Tom and Tom do have a very small percentage ownership in the new place, I think that Sandoval is overstepping his boundaries, and I think that also annoys LVP.  He is getting a little too snarky and a little bit too opinionated for such a small stake.  Commenting that it shouldn't cost 2 - 2.5 million to open a new place?  I think he has no idea what is required to basically build an interior from the ground up.  Ken and Lisa know how to open a restaurant/club - they do seem to know what sells and what makes a place popular (even if it is for only a few years, which is probably the popularity life of most restaurants/bars - the public is fickle and has little to no loyalty when looking for a fun night out.

This is exactly how I see it too.  Tom seems to feel like he should be treated as an equal partner for his lousy 5%. Not only that, but Lisa and Kens expertise and experience is worth more than Tom and Toms entire outlay. They couldn't get a consultant for that price.   Let Sandoval go open his own place and see how far he gets for 25-50K. That wouldn't even pay for the plumbing.  It was one thing to come up with some cute cocktails, but then he tried to decide the uniforms, and now whether they will stock wine or not, and is debating Lisa on how much they should be spending.  He is being snarky about the value of his name being used for the bar, when I took it as sort of a favor Lisa did for them.  Lisa can name the bar anything she wants, that's not what's going to determine its success.  She named it Tom Tom because it's cute and made them feel more involved.  Sandoval is foolish to bite the hand that feeds him.  She can change the name and boot them out, or she can keep the name and find two other guys named Tom.  He and Ariana and Katie all make their living working for Lisa at Sur.  I'm pretty sure they're all replaceable. They don't have to stay if they think she's unfair.  But I think they are pushing their luck. For some reason he thinks he is bringing equal value to the table, and he has a really attitude about it 

side note, I used to really like Ariana, what has happened to her?

• Love 13
Just now, Carolina Girl said:

Sandoval's "well, you said the same thing about my trumpet playing."

Yes, Tommy Boy....as did everyone watching it "as it happened."

I think Tom was joking.  Because we all need to hear how MEAN Lala is to Scheana in her confessionals.  I think Scheana ended up dumped by Lala.  

27 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

This is exactly how I see it too.  Tom seems to feel like he should be treated as an equal partner for his lousy 5%. Not only that, but Lisa and Kens expertise and experience is worth more than Tom and Toms entire outlay. They couldn't get a consultant for that price.   Let Sandoval go open his own place and see how far he gets for 25-50K. That wouldn't even pay for the plumbing.  It was one thing to come up with some cute cocktails, but then he tried to decide the uniforms, and now whether they will stock wine or not, and is debating Lisa on how much they should be spending.  He is being snarky about the value of his name being used for the bar, when I took it as sort of a favor Lisa did for them.  Lisa can name the bar anything she wants, that's not what's going to determine its success.  She named it Tom Tom because it's cute and made them feel more involved.  Sandoval is foolish to bite the hand that feeds him.  She can change the name and boot them out, or she can keep the name and find two other guys named Tom.  He and Ariana and Katie all make their living working for Lisa at Sur.  I'm pretty sure they're all replaceable. They don't have to stay if they think she's unfair.  But I think they are pushing their luck. For some reason he thinks he is bringing equal value to the table, and he has a really attitude about it 

side note, I used to really like Ariana, what has happened to her?

There is a difference between asking for recognition/not being insulted with an establishment named for you and equal partnership.  Most celebrity deals the celebrity puts little or nothing down or lends their name or likeness for a fee or a percentage/partnership.  LVP is kind of burning her bridges in WEHO-enough LVP and her style.  (Read some of the comments.)  http://thisiswesthollywood.com/2018/01/weho-row-updates-beaches-tomtoms-bottega-louie/ So to capture a younger crowd they went with the popular draws from the show.  Tom and Tom are not being snarky-they get pretty big bucks for guest appearances in other venues.  None of them make a living working for SUR-they make their living working for Evolution Media/Bravo.  It doesn't hurt to get Tom's input on uniform-I personally think LVP's pink shirts at PUMP are ridiculous and not even fun-and don't get started on her over use of the "sexy" as it applies to food.  The first dresses at SUR were inappropriate and all of sudden the women got a uniform that covered their bodies.  LVP and Ken if they treated true investors or partners the way they treated Sandoval would not have any.  

Finding two other guys name Tom is not the point.  The idea is people will go to the restaurant to see the Toms or soak in their idea of a good time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KnoxForPres said:

Well, I’m three pages in and wondering if I need to do a rewatch because what I expected to see I haven’t read. I thought Jax seemed coked out of his gourd. Like multiple rails through the straw coked up. Did I imagine that?  He seemed so much more “up”. 

I found the tears from everyone odd. I cried at that Amazon commercial where the couple dressed the dog as a lion so the baby wasn’t scared. I have emotions. But I was watching in awe that anyone was crying at this. Of course I have compassion and sympathy his father passed unexpectedly-that is horrible. But I found his reaction so incredibly weird. And as stated above- so drug infused it kept me on that instead of his emotions. 

But yes!  What about Schena talking of her marriage in seasons!  I couldn’t believe the words coming out of her mouth!  She views her life in reality “seasons”. She is so annoying but that may be the grossest display of relationship for a camera I have ever seen or heard. 

Why did Schwartz look so hot?  Keep that up whatever it is.

Ariana and the going down thing- no!!!!

Stassi dated a dick.  Upside- we all got to see Patrick this season and are laughing at him and even Andy breaking down the variations of d bag he’s been called on social media.  Haha- awesome.  Take that you tool.

This is like the best “season” of reality tv for me NY, Vanderpump, Southern Charm- trifecta of awesome.

The Amazon dog lion commercial just kills me.  I so love Dad for coming up with the lion mane and wonder what is wrong with the baby.  It's a Golden!  How can you be afraid. Tears of sadness and joy!

You know, if Sandavol is so smart and so ready to run a bar, then I say let him.

Let him do the payroll, the taxes, the licenses, the hiring, the firing, the scheduling, the food /bar costs, repairs, inventory, ordering, liquor enforcement, complaints about drinks and food, business tax, state tax, federal rax.

Ask him how many frozen shots he has to sell to pay for the fancy machine.  And how much margin he wants.  Let him price the cocktails and factor in taxes/fees, wages, property costs, equipment costs so said cocktails can make a profit.

I can come up with snazzy uniforms, drinks with chili powder and purchase a machine on a whim without factoring in the cost effectiveness too.  And I'm not a tv bartender.  But I'm self aware about my qualifications. Something he's not.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Also, I remember someone saying something about the kitchen being upstairs. If the servers need to climb up and down stairs to deliver food, that is a bad idea. 

I figured they would have a dumb waiter, and I’m not talking about Scheana or Jax.

• Love 22
(edited)

I am literally laughing my ass off in my chair as Schena needs a moment and runs to the hair and makeup chair.  This show is the phoniest, made up story lines, etc. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The first time we saw Scheana on RHOBH, she was being kicked out of SUR by LVP because of Brandi, the next time she was sitting down with Brandi and talking Eddie Cibrian the third time she was shopping for wedding cakes before Shay ever proposed.  Scheana is that girl that is all about the wedding and not so much the marriage.  Scheana loves being the center of attention and lack of talent or sincerity doesn't really matter.  

I am at a loss as to why it was "manipulative" of Rob to dump Scheana after filming-I thought it considerate.  Rob interviewed:  https://realityblurb.com/2018/04/27/vanderpump-rules-rob-valletta-talks-split-with-scheana-marie-and-her-robsession-reveals-he-actually-likes-kissing-hints-at-scheanas-jealousy-plus-his-biggest-complaint-about-her/  Speaking of people cashing in.

Highlights:

Scheana has blamed weed for her ‘Robsession

Rob, who has been acting for over 10 years, reveals he asked the network to pay him but they refused. For him, he says it wasn’t about the money but more about the principle of the situation.

“At first, I was having a battle. I was like if you want me, I’ve been acting for 10 years. As you know in this town, it’s a very hard town. You have to build up your credits. And you have a day rate, and all these things. I was like if you want me to be on camera, pay me my day rate. And they were like no, we’re not going to pay you any of that,” he said.

He dished that production does pay for some things, such as catering for the food when he invited Ariana Madix and Tom Sandoval to his house for dinner, but there are many other things that they don’t pay for.

He admitted his Big Bear home IS an AirBnB rental but says the producers did not pay him for having the cast there.

“The only thing I don’t like is her nails. I got used to them, but they are claws,” he shared.

Finally, he stated that he wasn’t invited to the reunion and he has a theory on why.  “They didn’t ask me back for the reunion. The reason is I think they know that I would go on there and I would defend Scheana,” he stated.

Had nothing but nice things to say about Scheana’s ex-husband Mike Shay. He called Mike a “very respectful person” and a “good guy.”

He never watched Vanderpump Rules until he started dating Scheana again. The first episode he saw was the reunion confrontation between Scheana and Mike Shay, which made him more frightened to do the show.

He doesn’t think Pump Rules cast is famous. “These people are not famous. They’re popular. They are like the popular quarterback in high school who everybody knows and they’re very popular but they never made it to the pros,” he said.

He encouraged Scheana to do her Vegas show and to try to create a platform for herself outside of the show, citing that it’s not going to last forever. (Good point there! So many reality stars fail to capitalize on their 15 minutes).

Likes Lala Kent’s boyfriend Randall Emmett. Hung out with Lala and Randall during NYE despite being broken up with Scheana.

Says he understands the double standard (Randall not having to film and producers forcing his hand to film) because Randall is a bigger name and a more successful producer than he is.

I can’t figure out Rob. Is he extremely diplomatic? Does he plan to go into politics one day?

Could one kissing rumor really affect his business and employees that much?

He comes across as rather normal and nice. But is that possible if he was with Scheana that long? He was so CAREFUL in that interview. Yet Scheana seems angry at him now. 

• Love 3
On 5/7/2018 at 9:37 PM, whydoievencare said:

Sandoval - that 5% is really going to his head.  Sandoval questioning Lisa V's vision for the bar - she and her husband have a long, successful history of opening bars/restaurants and he has...?  Loved Andy's comment that if someone's going to know what the gay boys want - it's Sandoval.  

I am confused as to why the two Tom's don't have a written agreement with Lisa. Lisa said she never cashed the check for their investment in the restaurant. LVP is a smart business person. I would have thought that the Two Tom's would have to work so many hours at the restaurant for it to succeed.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Given the amount of construction they're doing in the place, perhaps they're including an elevator as well to accommodate more than one point of entry between the kitchen and the eating space. Generally speaking, I don't think using the stairs is that big of an issue. I've seen this set up many times in my city. It's dense and built up so restaurants that are trying to accommodate more seating usually have two floors of seating (often the top floor is used the as bar/lounge area). And these are much older buildings, so the servers rely purely on stairs to transport the food from the kitchen to the main and 2nd floor. I personally would hate it because I hate climbing stairs but they make it work, lol. I don't know what kind of menu they plan on having at TomTom but a lounge/bar restaurant usually has a limited menu that compliments the drinks but also keeps in mind that people are there primarily to drink and socialize, otherwise they would have gone to a nice sit down restaurant that has a great selection of signature drinks.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, dosodog said:

You know, if Sandavol is so smart and so ready to run a bar, then I say let him.

And two years after its opening, we'll be seeing John Taffer doing recon outside of it in a black SUV......

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am confused as to why the two Tom's don't have a written agreement with Lisa. Lisa said she never cashed the check for their investment in the restaurant. LVP is a smart business person. I would have thought that the Two Tom's would have to work so many hours at the restaurant for it to succeed.

Because the whole thing is most likely as fake as Jax's job offer in Tampa.

• Love 5

Katie and Ariana seemed a little distant with LVP, wonder if they feel like she is jerking their guys around.  5% is a tiny investment and  I can see why LVP would be annoyed by their "partnership" title. However she started all this. 

• Love 3

LVP is being manipulative and shady with this TomTom thing. She first wanted that old Chi Chi LaRue space to be a gastropub that Max would manage. But she's seen that a ton of the yelp reviews for SUR and Pump mention Vanderpump Rules and wanting see the cast at the restaurant, she knows James' DJing brings in a crowd, and she knows that the cast charges $10,000 -$20,000 per appearance, and she wanted a way to make it a regular occurrence to see the cast at her new venture. This is why she proposed this partnership. However, she doesn't want an actual partnership with them. She wants to shackle them to the place as an attraction. The irony of this is that the Toms actually proposed this exact situation; she rejected them and said that they had to put up some actual dough.

By trying to be manipulative, she actually fucks herself over because a decent amount of the success of TomTom will be because viewers who turn into patrons have positive associations with LVP and the Toms. If everyone feels like she's screwing over the Toms, no one will want to go there. The cast might stop showing up at SUR and Pump unless they have to and it might sink the show. She should have been upfront and honest with what she expected of the Toms. If that meant we didn't get footage of her meeting with the lighting designer, so be it. Furthermore so little attention has been paid to the actual important things like food and drink.

I also have no problem with Sandoval questioning LVP's design choices. A decent number of reviews of SUR and Pump have mentioned that they are pretty tacky. Both LVP and Sandoval have very defined senses of style. I don't always like their style, but let's not act like any design decision Sandoval might make is any less valid than any decision Lisa would make. 

• Love 8
On 5/7/2018 at 9:28 PM, Duke2801 said:

Scheanna’s weave - and overall look - are awful. Getting a Morticia Adams vibe. 

I'm getting a low rent Kim Kardashian vibe. 

• Love 13
Just now, HunterHunted said:

Didn't Schwartz call her a bootleg Kim Kardashian.

Did he?!?!  On the reunion? That's awesome. I was watching while "working" today and must've missed it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

Did he?!?!  On the reunion? That's awesome. I was watching while "working" today and must've missed it. 

Not during the reunion. It was in episode 8 during Peter's birthday party.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
On 5/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I thought that was the most interesting thing about the reunion, so far.  This has the potential to get really ugly really fast.  As image conscious as LvP is, I was surprised that she was as cavalier about the whole thing as she was being.  Sandoval was pissed.  It certainly seems like a situation that could rapidly turn in a way that LvP can't control and doesn't come out of looking good in.  There was an undercurrent going on there that made it seem like LvP and Ken are pushing for more money or less of a percentage for the Toms.   Between the checks not being cashed and nothing being signed and Sandoval saying $2.5 M being the cost to open is Lisa's choice and TomTom name having a value, it seems like there is some renegotiation happening. 

Agreed. I suspect that Lisa's other restaurants attract tourists & fans of Vanderpump Rules. Getting a chance to meet Tom & Tom would be cool for some if they were visiting Los Angeles. It would be a disaster if the 2 Tom's get into a dispute with LVP.

A few years ago, Lisa was trying to sell Villa Royale . It took a while. I don't know if it actually sold.

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Because the whole thing is most likely as fake as Jax's job offer in Tampa.

This is something I considered. I never knew that he was a hockey fan till this season.

• Love 1