Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The Unauthorized Rusical

• Start Topic

(edited)

My fellow Drag Race fans, our long national drag nightmare is over. The Vixen couldn't just admit that she was salty because she was doing poorly. It's not because Eureka was so disruptive. Also that lipsync was pretty close in my eyes.

I'm impressed and shocked at how good Kameron was. Kameron was really good as was Monet. This is my Cher hierarchy:

• Cher
  • Chad
  •  
  •  
  • RuPaul
  • Kameron
  • Monet
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Cracker and Eureka
  • Aquaria
  • Asia and Vixen

I thought the Vixen's glitter look was actually the best she's looked all season. I was not impressed by Kameron's glitter look. I thought it was basic. I too am sick of Aquaria's boy chest. I'm glad Michelle clocked Eureka's face stripes; they did ruin a fantastic look.

Did Ru actually punch Asia? Because it looked like it really connected and that's why Ru had Asia win.

About Untucked, is Aquaria completely lacking in empathy? Asia was so sour on Untucked. Not a good look.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

I laughed a lot at this episode. 

Eureka's look was her best yet and I think my favorite of the night. 

Kameron won!     She is one of my faves.

Asia was the weakest this week for me. 

I thought the lip sync battle was pretty even this week.

Enough with the bickering. Especially in Untucked. 

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Uuuuuugh, I need Aquaria to stop showing off his boy chest. It really ruins the illusion. I keep waiting for the judges to call that out.

I agree, especially since they care about things like hip pads, wigs and cinching.

• Love 2
(edited)

Again, this is one of those pre-scripted challenges were its not much about queens creativity and more about their ability on act/lip sync/follow coreography. And to be fair, while some got some better material, it was more even this time around (specially because, in the end, everyone was playing Cher, so...). Kameron and Monet were no doubt more on point.. Monet would have take it on past seasons were runway didnt count at all on challenges like this. But this season, they count and there was no way she would be announced the winner wearing that.  It was just me or Ru looked reluctant/not very happy on give Kameron the victory?

Anyway,, fun episode, again, very ballanced and a very good/strong final 6. Despiste the close lip sync, Vixen was finished the minute she put herself in the bottom 3rd week in a row for very fair reasons.

Watching Untucked, IDK why some of these queens (Cracker in particular) so bothered by Aquaria´s overconfidence. You actually should like it, see as a chance for her to trip , unless what really bothers you is the fact she manages to keep herself calm under the pressure while you are struggling. It seems that now with Vixen gone, we gonna have some more of Cracker X Aquaria but now it seems things changed a bit from the beginning.

PS:Asia, stop with excuses. Just do your part well. You failed because your struggled, not because your part wasnt good. And the discussion about the runway look.. I´m glad that Kameron is starting step up and give her most honest and straight opinions.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 3

Tonight’s episode should serve as a cautionary tale about trying to fill the villain role on a reality competition and reeeeeealllly failing badly at it.  The Vixen probably seriously damaged her career and her drawing power the last couple of episodes because she really just ended up seeming not like a fun villain but just like an unpleasant asshole, and now there’s no time for any redemption narrative (a few minutes with Asia doesn’t cut it).  The first few episodes I thought The Vixen was one of the more interesting queens and might end up one of the main contenders but, wow, she burned up that good will quickly.  New queens must learn that there are ways to be a loveable troublemaker, but there are also ways to come off as a toxic jerk.  And it means something for your post-show career.  I’d go see shows by fun villains, but I’m not shelling out cash to see somebody who just comes off as selfish, angry, and no fun.  In other words, so long The Vixen, ain’t gonna The Miss Ya.

• Love 7

Showing that clip of Ru bitchslapping Tyra on the night before Dragcon which she's threatened to bomb was perfect.   It was surprising to see just how much taller Ru is then most of the queens, even Monet.

The rusical was a lot better then I was expecting it to be/than that horrible kardashian thang last year.  Eureka did look amazing on the runway tonight, and she brought it in her performance despite the childhood trauma so good for her.   Kameron earned her win by giving such a strong opening but if Monet had brought a better runway it would have been hers.  vixens' outfit was another elementary school craft project--and she bragged about spending a whole 24 hours on it??  Good riddance; if I was Ru I would have told that bitch off when Eureka was talking and she kept mocking her.  I didn't see any glitter in Asia's paper hair and I didn't get her makeup as Cher, let alone the performance.  But the others did a good job.  I thought that Aquaria was Miz Cracker until she came out to close the show.   

• Love 2
(edited)

"Groove is in the Heart" is my jam. I would have Lady Miss Keir'd the shit out of that thing! I can't believe they weren't doing her moves (well The Vixen did it briefly but it came across more like Jackson 5). Keir's moves in the video are perfect for drag: super ladylike poses, and early 70s ass wiggling that anyone can do.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I thought the Vixen's glitter look was actually the best she's looked all season. I was not impressed by Kameron's glitter look. I thought it was basic. I too am sick of Aquaria's boy chest. I'm glad Michelle clocked Eureka's face stripes; they did ruin a fantastic look.

Agree, I really liked The Vixen's runway look, and I didn't think Kameron's was all that. And Eureka did not need those streaks, they were distracting.

3 hours ago, CaioF said:

Watching Untucked, IDK why some of these queens (Cracker in particular) so bothered by Aquaria´s overconfidence. You actually should like it, see as a chance for her to trip , unless what really bothers you is the fact she manages to keep herself calm under the pressure while you are struggling. 

Indeed. I love Miz Cracker, but I did not see the point of her comments to Aquaria. And obviously neither did Aquaria, because she just seemed confused and I don't blame her. 

47 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

"Groove is in the Heart" is my jam. I would have Lady Miss Keir'd the shit out of that thing! I can't believe they weren't doing her moves (well The Vixen did it briefly but it came across more like Jackson 5). Keir's moves in the video are perfect for drag: super ladylike poses, and early 70s ass wiggling that anyone can do.

I practically squealed when I heard the first few notes - one of my favorite songs ever. I agree with those that said it was a pretty close battle, but I felt as you did that both performances lacked the Lady Miss Keir-ness that would've really sold the song.

• Love 7

Thank God the Vixen is gone!  She had so many chips on her shoulder.  She should think long and hard about why none of the queens in that room was her friend.  Although Asia was nice to try and steer her in the right direction.

• Love 3

Kameron had so many talking heads I was almost certain she was going home.  Glad she won instead; I think she's an interesting queen.

The Vixen really showed her ass all season long, then leaves the workroom in tears.  Too little too late, and I'm guessing some of the other girls felt the same...I only saw a few letters, not enough to have gotten one from each of the other queens.

Asia has become quite the complainer, hasn't she?  If some of the other girls chose to (correctly, as it turned out) interpret "glitter" as sparkle of any kind, including sequins, rhinestones, and crystals, there was nothing to stop her from doing the same.  There was a chance the judges wanted the sparkle they got, and an equal chance they wanted strictly glitter and would have dinged the queens in any other kind of sparkle.  That's a chance they chose to take, and it worked for them.  Sorry, but you could have done the same.  And anyway, they LIKED her glitter look, it's just that her Cher was pretty abysmal.

I still love the quirky Miss Cracker.  I don't think she's going to win this season, but I hope she at least makes the finale.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I practically squealed when I heard the first few notes - one of my favorite songs ever. I agree with those that said it was a pretty close battle, but I felt as you did that both performances lacked the Lady Miss Keir-ness that would've really sold the song.

I love Deee-Lite. Was this the very first time that Drag Race has used one of their songs for the LFYL?

1 hour ago, planetofapes said:

Thank God the Vixen is gone!  She had so many chips on her shoulder.  She should think long and hard about why none of the queens in that room was her friend. Although Asia was nice to try and steer her in the right direction.

I am glad to say that I am happy that she is gone. She eliminated herself when she brought her BS attitude about Eureka and the other contestants to Ru in the workroom. Ru flat out told her, that she should be focused on getting and doing better in the competition and stop fixating on everything else. 

With each episode, The Vixen got worse and worse to me, which resulted in her shashay away.

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 6
(edited)

Ha, I laughed so hard when Ru accidentally slapped Asia for real, and then I laughed even harder when Asia said that this was about to become Asia O'Hara's Drag Race. She took it pretty well.

I loved the glitter theme for this week's runway. I know glitter can be a bit cliche but it made for lots of pretty stuff on the runway!

Kameron Michaels looked gorgeous and did a really good Cher impersonation. I did feel that of all the queens, she got the easiest choreography (which was almost no choreography) so that kind of gave her an unfair advantage through no fault of her own.

I thought Monet took a risk with her glitter outfit by going all black (it can sometimes be hard to see dark colored glitter on the runway because it's more subtle), but I loved the makeup. I thought the judges would clock her for not being cinched or padded in that outfit. Apparently the visible tape outweighed that. I thought her Cher was very confident which counts for a lot.

I really liked the Vixen's runway look. Yes, it was a little crafty but I thought it fit the challenge (and let's be real - glitter is crafty!). I know that not everyone has Aquaria's budget so I really appreciated that this showed you can make an eye catching costume without breaking the bank. Her Cher was not very Cher at all, and the nail in the coffin was all her excuses with the judges (This look isn't as recognizable, I couldn't do the hair thing because the wig was short. etc.). This is the third time we've seen Vixen LSFYL and I feel like we've seen the same thing every time.

Aquaria's look would have fit right in with the Met Gala the other night! I liked the huge sparkly eyes she gave herself. I know it's her thing, but I didn't like the obvious flat chested look. I didn't get any Cher from her performance. But as one of the judges pointed out, she was smart enough to tell them the story with the cape.

Asia was an excellent therapist for the Vixen this week. I mean, seriously, she did a great job pointing out her issues and trying to get the Vixen to understand herself a little more. Unfortunately, I didn't think her Cher performance was very Cher at all. In addition, her performance in general was weak, like she wasn't fully committed to any of it. I liked her runway look though. The bright yellow curls kind of made me think she was a scarecrow rather than a clown, but I liked it.

Eureka's runway look was so pretty. I loved the colors radiating from the center to break up the silver. I agree with Michelle that she didn't need the stripes of glitter on her face. Maybe if she had done them in a sunburst pattern to mirror her dress rather than just vertical stripes, it would have looked better. I give her credit for not telling the judges her story about the abusive father who made her sing to get pity points. She was a bit lackluster in the beginning of her Cher performance but she definitely got bolder and gained more personality by the end.

I was a little annoyed with Todrick for insisting that Eureka sing during rehearsal because not everyone learns the same way - and I say this as someone who was in show choir aka the real version of Glee with singing and dancing but without the endless parade of designer dresses. Most of the guys in our group were not very coordinated so it was a struggle to get them to learn choreography. We always learned the songs (lyrics, harmonies) first and then added the choreography, but some of them just could NOT sing along while they were learning the dance stuff. They had to learn the two things separately (singing and dancing), get them into their brains separately, and only then could they attempt to do them simultaneously.

Miz Cracker's runway look was smart. Separately, the elements were nothing special (a gold glitter gown, a gold ring, a gold skull) but she put them together to create a memorable impression. I thought her Cher was decent, especially given what she had to work with.

2 hours ago, worleybird said:

Holy crap! I just looked up the ages of the two guest judges and Andrew Rannells is actually one month OLDER than Billy Eichner. Andrew looks at least 10-15 years younger!

The importance of sunscreen and moisturizer!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Typo
  • Love 11

So lets see... where to start...  as was mentioned above, the difference in age between Billy and Andrew was also not the way I expected it to be... it does show what sunscreen, moisturizer, and GROOMING (damnit Billy, shave that neck beard... trim up that mess) can do to.

The slapping mini-challenge had my husband, who grudgingly sits in the same room with me while I watch the show, was actually laughing out loud at the challenge.... two memorable were Kameron's 'they call you mother..." and Asia's actual slap.

Speaking of Asia, that "come walk with me" mother moment really was a good thing.  You could actually see it having the intended effect on the Victim.... too bad it was too late.  Girl should've had that talk like 3 episodes ago.

The Unauthorized Rusical I was afraid was going to be a major shitshow... and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was... I did think the bottom 3 appropriately should have been Aqualad, The Victim, and Asia.

The Runway was fun... I think that Aqualad could have gotten the same visual effect by just over drawing, and then glittering the fuck out of his eyes, without making it so that he can't see.  I'm SO.OVER. Michelle's hypocritical nature when it comes to the queens and expectations.  Aqualad should be getting read under the house for all these boychest moments.... instead, we get Michelle instead harping on Monet because she wasn't cinched and 'ruined the illusion'.  Have a seat, Michelle... have several seats. 

Untucked, Asia showed her pagent girl roots... that ultra rigid "They said glitter" mindset is soooo pagent ... it was also a defense mechanism... but it wasn't cute.

• Love 9

I LOL'd when they showed all the queens prepping their Chers in the werkroom and Cracker said "it sounds like an insane asylum in here!" That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Like a very specific asylum for Cher crazies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I like Miz Cracker but she's starting to feel like AS3 Trixie to me...there's a certain always-on pushing for soundbites and attention and catchphrases that just hits me a little funny even though I want to really like her. Trying just a little too hard.

With Monique gone (still sad about it!), Monet is now the one I'm rooting for. There's something so clever and sharp about her that I love. Although I wouldn't be too sad if she didn't win and comes back for AS4 (which I really hope will be delayed for a few years to let the talent pool rebuild and the bad taste from AS3 to get washed out) just so we could see her sing opera in drag for the talent show.

I groaned when I saw Todrick, but at least he wasn't a guest judge. It could've been a good opportunity to have another veteran queen come in, though -- Courtney could have at least coached vocals.

I'm really trying to conquer my knee-jerk dislike of Eureka - it's probably going to get even stronger now that The Vixen and all her bullshit is gone, that made me side with Eureka just a tiny bit - but I can't help being annoyed when every performance challenge rehearsal brings up trauma. I mean, I get it. But that whiny resting voice that she has...ugh, where's Latrice to give her the 5 g's??

• Love 9
5 hours ago, worleybird said:

Holy crap! I just looked up the ages of the two guest judges and Andrew Rannells is actually one month OLDER than Billy Eichner. Andrew looks at least 10-15 years younger!

Some people just have mature faces. Jon Hamm is like that. My dad is like that. Jon Hamm had a terrible career until his age caught up with his face. My dad looked like he was 50 for basically his entire life. It sucked from 17 - 49, but has been awesome from 50 - 80. The real life inspiration for Catch Me if You Can was able to get away with his crimes for so long because he had a more mature face like Hamm rather than the youthful visage of Leonardo DiCaprio. On the flip, there are just people who look young and don't seem to age like Jared Leto, Gabrielle Union, Elijah Wood, and crazy ass Stacey Dash.

As another aside, I was reading this piece on Vulture about when Hollywood casts actors of vastly different ages just because they feel like they are the same age. Some people just read older; others read younger.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/tag-movie-how-are-those-actors-playing-childhood-friends.html

That's the end of my diversion from the topic.

• Love 8

It will be interesting to see what happens at DragCon this weekend with The Vixen. A lot of the panels end up talking about the latest episode*, and her being so bitter is bound to come up. She could also go a long way to redeeming herself if she's generally gracious to fans. I give the "villains" some benefit of the doubt because filming the show is so isolating and mentally tough we could be seeing their worst self on TV, but who knows.

2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Although I wouldn't be too sad if she didn't win and comes back for AS4 (which I really hope will be delayed for a few years to let the talent pool rebuild and the bad taste from AS3 to get washed out) just so we could see her sing opera in drag for the talent show.

This season is so strong the S4 cast could be 75% S10 queens and I wouldn't be mad! Although I think Miss Vanjie is pretty much a lock for S11 first.

*I've never been, just from what I've seen in the videos that get posted.

• Love 2

I loved Aquaria's look from the neck up. It was gorgeous but also made me crack up in Untucked since her limited vision led her to start having a conversation with the empty end of the couch.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I groaned when I saw Todrick, but at least he wasn't a guest judge. It could've been a good opportunity to have another veteran queen come in, though -- Courtney could have at least coached vocals.

So much this. Courtney, Ivy Winters, and Jynxx were all great at the singing challenges in their respective seasons, and even Adore could sing pretty decently, so one of them should've handled the vocal coaching instead of Todrick.

• Love 1

When you compare Todrick working with the girls vs. Alyssa Edwards working with them, it's a night and day contrast. Todrick is basically there for the reality show machinations and to get in their head and Alyssa genuinely seemed to try to get them to be their best.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't think Andrew Rannells' youthful appearance is just due to sunscreen, the dude happens to have a nice boyish face. Billy Eichner looks perfectly age-appropriate.

Yeah, it's not so much that Eichner looks old, it's that Rannells looks so young. I would've guessed Rannells was maybe 31-32, and Billy his actual age (39) or maybe a year or two older at most.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
(edited)

Count me as another who was glad to see Vixen go.  She eliminated herself by letting others get to her.  I have liked salty Queens in the past but they came with an attitude of fun too.  Vixen had no fun about her.  She was work and attitude.  No fun at all, that I saw.  She was obviously more fun to be around than was edited.

The thing that got me was her "playing the violin" when Run was talking to Eureka.  Then, when Vixen was talking to Run, she had her own sob story.  "No one likes me, I'm all alone". Wahhh.  She has no ability to see herself from the outside.  I'd have more sympathy if she hadn't been a bitch to her friends because they answered a Run question with their hearts. I hope Asia's talk really resonates with her and she does some soul searching.

Glad Kameron won.  She did well in the challenge and looked gorgeous.  And I have no problem with someone NOT celebrating until the final vote is in, if you know what I mean.  Humility is a wonderful trait.  Not to mention the heartache of thinking you were #1 only to come in #2.  I didn't like the girls giving her shit for not marching around as Queen Bee before Ru called her the winner.

Loved Eureka's dress.  I wish Drag U was still on because I need some big gurl dress up pointers.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 6

Eureka has been bearable for 3 episodes in a row. I really liked her hair in the runway challenge.

I did think some Queens had more challenging Chers than the other including Vixen and Asia (and Miz Cracker). Asia especially reminded me of Viola Davis and with Cher having so many iconic Oscar looks I don't see why they didn't put her in one of those. The slapping and Moonstruck references would have worked - especially if she had worn the Oscar Moonstruck dress. I thought Asia's glitter outfit was adorable - it reminded me of the 1920s - and Vixen's look was really well done too. It was neck-and-neck with the Lipsynch but I do think Asia deserved the win over Vixen and her skank attitude.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Cracker’s story about the shiny cans made me so sad.

I thought all public school systems had school lunch programs so that students could be assured of at least one meal a day. I really hope Cracker's mother wasn't more concerned about how things looked than she was about her children getting fed.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Eureka has been bearable for 3 episodes in a row. I really liked her hair in the runway challenge.

I did think some Queens had more challenging Chers than the other including Vixen and Asia (and Miz Cracker). Asia especially reminded me of Viola Davis and with Cher having so many iconic Oscar looks I don't see why they didn't put her in one of those. The slapping and Moonstruck references would have worked - especially if she had worn the Oscar Moonstruck dress. I thought Asia's glitter outfit was adorable - it reminded me of the 1920s - and Vixen's look was really well done too. It was neck-and-neck with the Lipsynch but I do think Asia deserved the win over Vixen and her skank attitude.

I agree.  A take off of that Mackie gown would have helped tremendously.

1 hour ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I thought all public school systems had school lunch programs so that students could be assured of at least one meal a day. I really hope Cracker's mother wasn't more concerned about how things looked than she was about her children were getting fed.

Sounds like she was but there was a real stigma attached to free lunch.

• Love 2

Now that the Bitchen has gone (I wish she'd gone out snarling, not that sad slump with her tail between her legs), I guess we're going to get a lot of Cracker v Aquaria. Sigh. I still can't tell those two in drag apart half the time, though to my mind Aquaria is generally more polished - but also a bit of a ninny (mind you, as is Crack). And I  don't need to see any more boy chest. 

Cracker's sad tin can childhood really surprised me. Asia's compassionate read on the Vixen also surprised me. The Rusical was awful, as usual. I hate musicals for starters. But perked up imagining they'd actually be singing "Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves". So glad Kameron got that win. Slow and stealthy, that one.

I enjoyed the bonding smoko between Eureka and Kameron in Untucked. So nice to have a quiet conversation and a few genuine laughs, as opposed to shrieking cackles and shade. And Eureka's backside in that Cher costume was the gift that kept on giving. So funny.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I don't think this was the case for Ms. Cracker, but when I qualified for free lunch in high school I told my mom not to apply for it because I was too embarrassed to do it. When you're already trying to hide your economic status in school having literal proof of it can just seem like too much.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I don't think this was the case for Ms. Cracker, but when I qualified for free lunch in high school I told my mom not to apply for it because I was too embarrassed to do it. When you're already trying to hide your economic status in school having literal proof of it can just seem like too much.

Same here, I qualified for free lunch too, and got it for awhile before learning English, and when I found out what others were saying, I stopped eating lunch and just sat around with them, telling them I'm not really hungry.  That was a really sad story, I get it. 

I'm happy that Vixen left (albeit part of my heart breaks for her, but she gotten too vile), but oh my gosh, the girls this season seemed to take their elimination HARD, almost everyone was crying when they were packing and leaving.  And I get what Cracker was trying to tell Aquaria, you can be confident, but don't have to blab it for everyone to hear especially when they're struggling, but I get what Aquaria said too, she only meant as fake confidence and for fun, nothing meant to rattle others. 

I'm glad Kameron won, when her talking heard first come on about her just coasting, I said bye bye to a cute muscle guy already, so was glad Kameron won, and I get the part about not counting your chickens before they hatch, I like Kameron as a boy and a drag queen, so genuinely nice.

Runway was amazing for a lot of people, I didn't really hate anyone's, except maybe Monet because of the shape and there were a lot of tapes everywhere, Cracker was really amazing, that was pretty. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I thought all public school systems had school lunch programs so that students could be assured of at least one meal a day. I really hope Cracker's mother wasn't more concerned about how things looked than she was about her children getting fed.

16 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

12 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

when I qualified for free lunch in high school I told my mom not to apply for it because I was too embarrassed to do it. When you're already trying to hide your economic status in school having literal proof of it can just seem like too much.

11 hours ago, Mayberry said:

Ms. Cracker did say that he and her sister did bring empty lunch boxes to school so that it would look like they had lunch, when they didn't. So their mother probably wouldn't have wanted to apply for the free lunch, for appearance's sake.

All of this makes me so sad, and mad! I see no shame in using assistance if one is in need and qualifies. That others would make fun of someone instead of being understanding just pisses me off. Of course, we all know how cruel kids can be. And many adults, unfortunately. I will just never understand that way of thinking.

• Love 8
(edited)

Cracker's shiny can story was sad (although I thought she relayed it in a matter of fact manner, not asking for pity), but what surprised me was the other queens looking so shocked. Like, mouths agape as if this was the first time they'd ever heard of poor people.

I come from a childhood of government assistance and sometimes eating ketchup mixed with water to make "tomato soup" so maybe it's my own bias, but the shock seemed out of proportion to the story.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 2727 said:

Cracker's shiny can story was sad (although I thought she relayed it a matter of fact manner, not asking for pity), but what surprised me was the other queens looking so shocked. Like, mouths agape as if this was the first time they'd ever heard of poor people.

I come from a childhood of government assistance and sometimes eating ketchup mixed with water to make "tomato soup" so maybe it's my own bias, but the shock seemed out of proportion to the story.

I think they may have been shocked because they had no idea Cracker had that kind of background. If it had been Vixen or Eureka sharing that story, they probably would have been less surprised.

Speaking of which - I was surprised that Asia basically described Eureka as being the embodiment of the privilege that Vixen hates. Obviously Eureka doesn't have to deal with racism, but I don't see how she embodies white privilege more than, say, Kameron. An obese, extremely effeminate man from a lower-class background with an abusive father has a lot of strikes against them.

That said, I thought Asia's conversation with Vixen was a masterclass in how to get through to a temperamental narcissist.

This season, more than any other, the maturity difference between the queens in their thirties and the queens in their twenties has been extremely apparent.

• Love 15

I think there will be a huge sigh of relief in that workroom now that The Vixen is gone. Being around someone that goes from 1 to 10 in a millisecond is exhausting. Her target/fixation may have been Eureka, but everyone on that room walked on eggshells around her in the end. Kudos to Asia for attempting to reason with her. 

I too was confused over Vixen’s “ultimate White Privilege” on Eureka. A large, effimimate, loud, gay man is shunned in so many groups. Kameron is more of an example. It just shows how much she hated Eureka. Someone like her must have done something to Vixen in her past to set her off on such an extreme level.

It seems to me Eureka was trying to tone herself down to diffuse the situation. It wasn’t enough, but she’s not the one losing her shit at the slightest provocation. But damn, girl’s got a crisis she has to work through for every challenge. Ugh. As someone said upthread, Good God Get a Grip, Girl!

Wouldnt it be something if Kameron emerges as the strongest player?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

All of this makes me so sad, and mad! I see no shame in using assistance if one is in need and qualifies. That others would make fun of someone instead of being understanding just pisses me off. Of course, we all know how cruel kids can be. And many adults, unfortunately. I will just never understand that way of thinking.

Thank goodness now kids at my school just punch a number in a pad. Everyone does it so no one is singled out. However when kids get older and the free kids have to pick up a plate while you can buy al a carte with cash it is very obvious. Our school has a program where kids in need take a “back pack” of food home each Friday to help with the food situation over the weekend. 

• Love 10

I actually kind of like Eureka, but I'd like to see what she could do if she didn't use fat jokes as a crutch - even for one challenge.  (She even somehow managed to do it with Cher!)  On one level it's smart that she does this, because it's her shtick and it clearly plays with the judges - but other contestants have gotten clocked for just having one shtick before. 

• Love 5

I like Eureka and her alterego.  He reminds me of a very good friend I had in college.  Just super smart, witty, loud and fun.  It can be a lot of personality but my friend was never, ever dull.

I'm really hoping that Kameron makes it to the end, she seems like such a sweet person who is crazy talented. Also, finish that arm wrestling match with Asia already, don't keep us in suspense! I still heart Cracker too and would love to see her reach the end too. 

The show should recruit Asia as The Villain Whisperer from now on, the way she spoke to The Vixen was so great. Hopefully The Vixen learns something, gets help, etc to help her express herself without attacking others. 

Groove is in the Heart is my jam. Lady Miss Kier showed me that white girls can move and yes, I learned her moves. LOL

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Groove is in the Heart is my jam. Lady Miss Kier showed me that white girls can move and yes, I learned her moves. LOL

Funny enough, I think LMK's moves in the Groove is in the Heart video aren't that far off from Cher's disco moves with Michael and the Jacksons on her variety show. The Vixen was way off trying to call that particular Cher look obscure. That performance is iconic.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JohnnyGilda said:

Funny enough, I think LMK's moves in the Groove is in the Heart video aren't that far off from Cher's disco moves with Michael and the Jacksons on her variety show. The Vixen was way off trying to call that particular Cher look obscure. That performance is iconic.

Good thing Michelle/Ru clocked her on that comment by pointing out that Cher's look in that performance was very iconic. I can't even when someone wants to be a drag superstar, yet doesn't pay attention to people considered the ultimate gay icons, like Cher, or in previous seasons/challenges, Diana Ross.

• Love 3

I searched for the Cher/Jackson 5 video on YouTube because I was curious (I'd already seen it, of course, but I was curious about numbers), and the CherVEVO video has 1.4 million views, so yeah Vixen it is FAAAMOUS gurrl. 

• Love 3
On 5/12/2018 at 4:51 PM, Blakeston said:

Speaking of which - I was surprised that Asia basically described Eureka as being the embodiment of the privilege that Vixen hates. Obviously Eureka doesn't have to deal with racism, but I don't see how she embodies white privilege more than, say, Kameron. An obese, extremely effeminate man from a lower-class background with an abusive father has a lot of strikes against them.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:49 PM, Sbeetle said:

too was confused over Vixen’s “ultimate White Privilege” on Eureka. A large, effimimate, loud, gay man is shunned in so many groups. Kameron is more of an example. It just shows how much she hated Eureka. Someone like her must have done something to Vixen in her past to set her off on such an extreme level.

Maybe the extreme southern accent is a trigger for the Vixen.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Maybe the extreme southern accent is a trigger for the Vixen.

That is a good point, but if you ask me, Eureka was just the easiest target.  Someone emotional and uptight and insecure that you can poke to make yourself feel better.  What really unleashed her (Vixen’s) beast was Eureka winning.  And then the others named Vixen as the one to go.  Eureka alone restrained herself from saying that, thereby exposing the hollowness of Vixen’s dislike.  It was internal to Vixen, triggered by her need to make someone feel as lousy as she does.

• Love 8