Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E22: Fight for Your Mind

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Evie said:

Leo being placed in a foster home is realistic 

Does his social worker even know that his mother is detoxing in the same house? I can't imagine they'd be okay with that.

-----

Why do the reporters expect Meredith to speak on behalf of the H.A. Foundation about settlements that happened years ago which she had nothing whatsoever to do with? She's part owner of one of their hospitals (which happened after the settlements as well), she's not a representative of the foundation itself (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, lorbeer said:

I didn't think that way, frankly I didn't think about Arizona's situations at all, but I agree with what you said. It's on them to makes things right not on the child. It's though when parents split up... For one time I feel for Carina - she did nothing wrong, Arizona didn't stop loving her and yet they won't be together because of a child and what's best 'for the child'. I think it's tough to fall in love with people who already have kids - not because children are a burthen, but because something like that can happen. There are two people in love and they can't be together... The situation also shows what the parent love really mean. It's beautiful and sad at the same time..

The difficulty I have with this take on the story is that I don't buy the notion that Carina & Arizona have actually fallen in love. What they have is really good sex and not much else. Carina's only marginally more likeable that Eliza, so I can't muster up a lot of empathy for her in this situation. The one I feel badly for is Sofia, because she's 7, and it sucks to feel like you basically have to pick one parent over the other when you want to have both. I give Arizona credit for realizing that regardless of whether she & Callie actually end up together eventually, for Sofia's welfare they have to figure out a way to be living close enough for them to co-parent/have as close to joint custody as possible, because right now, when Sofia is with one, she misses they other, and at 7, she's not emotionally equipped to sort through all that. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I missed the resolution.  Is Arizona going to take her to family counselling?  Because they really, really need it. Before Sofia turns into Betty.

Betty became drug addicted because some doctor prescribed her a painkiller she didn't really need and she got hooked on them, not because she stole money to go see her mom. Two totally different situations.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I had to laugh when Jackson told April that he had managed to set aside some money for Harriet so that "she'll be okay." Uh, she is the daughter of two successful doctors. I'm pretty sure she's going to be okay having her needs provided for by just their salaries. There are lots of people who manage to live their lives safely and happily without trust funds.

Whatever Meredith's true motivation was (whether she was truly trying to right a wrong or if she was just doing it for some good PR), I'm just glad that she changed the name to give credit to Marie Cerone.

Am I supposed to believe that the guy at the bar didn't recognize Meredith after they put her picture on the cover of a scientific journal? Still cracking up that this show thinks that is a thing, but if we're going with that then the Grey groupie should have known what she looked like!

She will always be Parker from Veronica Mars to me!

As to the first sentence, I guess Jackson meant that he had a little money left over after he bought the yacht and sports car.

I want to add one more thing about the Arizona/Sofia story. I think I may have said that the difficulty with this story is that Sofia's actually not on the show much, because she's a child character, and the show isn't about the children. The show is about the adult characters & the children only matter to the extent that they figure in to the adult's stories. So you aren't going to actually SEE Sofia acting out at school, or even necessarily talking to Zola about this situation (though I do think it was a bit of a missed opportunity that we never got a Sofia/Zola scene). What they didn't do, which they could've done & which might've helped make the story seem less rushed, is have someone - April, Bailey... I don't care who - suggest a professional Arizona could go to for advice on the situation. A consult, as it were. ;) I wouldn't have needed to actually see a scene of her actually talking to said counsellor/child psychologist. Just a reference that she was considering it would've been sufficient. 

• Love 2

I just wanted to say it was wonderful seeing Lindsay Wagner in such a high profile part. Love her. She's always been such a great actress, and she's an iconic part of my childhood. I hope they give her more to do, and she has a mini-career revival.

• Love 5
On 5/5/2018 at 3:52 AM, beaunicorn said:

Betty became drug addicted because some doctor prescribed her a painkiller she didn't really need and she got hooked on them, not because she stole money to go see her mom. Two totally different situations.

Betty is a 16 year old girl who is living on the street and giving up her baby to foster care even though she has parents who are presumably available.  Her drug addiction may have started with an over-prescription but there seems to be serious family issues there. At the least, there is a lack of support for Betty.

Sofia asked to live with Arizona, then became school avoidant, and in this episode stole money to go back to see her other mother.  None of that should have happened if there was trust and open communication.  Sofia is not that far from running away from both her homes in a few years.

ON 5/5/2018 AT 12:52 AM, BEAUNICORN SAID:

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Betty is a 16 year old girl who is living on the street and giving up her baby to foster care even though she has parents who are presumably available.  Her drug addiction may have started with an over-prescription but there seems to be serious family issues there. At the least, there is a lack of support for Betty.

Sofia asked to live with Arizona, then became school avoidant, and in this episode stole money to go back to see her other mother.  None of that should have happened if there was trust and open communication.  Sofia is not that far from running away from both her homes in a few years.

Did they actually say that Betty ran away from home? I can't remember if that was said. It seems more that due to her drug addiction (and possible pregnancy depending on when she got pregnant), instead of getting her help and supporting their daughter, her parents kicked her out. Why did Leo go to foster care instead of her parents if she just ran away? Because they didn't support her. Social services would have contacted her parents before placing a baby with non-relatives to see if they were willing to take the baby. At least that's how it normally works in the real world. 

Sophia is 7 and didn't want to upset Arizona by telling her she wanted to leave. Arizona was shown asking Sophia more than once what was wrong and she wouldn't talk about it (or it was shown her talking about this happening). Which means you're blaming a 7-year old that doesn't want to upset her mother for the reason there is no trust or communication. Even if Sophia was able to take that money and get back to NY (on a plane as an unaccompanied minor), Arizona and Callie would have found out then what was going on and would have talked to Sophia about it. I don't think either one of them would have just thrown their hands up in the air and kicked Sophia out of both of their homes.

Still 2 different situations. And again, it's a tv show. Things don't always go exactly as you'd predict they would.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

Did they actually say that Betty ran away from home? I can't remember if that was said. It seems more that due to her drug addiction (and possible pregnancy depending on when she got pregnant), instead of getting her help and supporting their daughter, her parents kicked her out. Why did Leo go to foster care instead of her parents if she just ran away? Because they didn't support her. Social services would have contacted her parents before placing a baby with non-relatives to see if they were willing to take the baby. At least that's how it normally works in the real world. 

Hopefully, we'll learn more eventually.  We do know she has parents because when Amelia set the ground rules, she said that they would call Betty's parents to let them know she is off the streets and safe.  Unfortunately, that's not the case now.  I'm sure Amelia will find her...or she'll come into the ER.