Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Endless

I thought the ending was a bit of a cop-out, that Warehouse 13 still existed decades in the future despite all the buildup about the imminent move.  If Paracelsus could be caretaker of different warehouses, so could Claudia, right?  But I suppose it let the show come full circle.

On a practical level they didn't want to scare their mostly American audience that the Warehouse moving = a wane in the US' power (despite how overwhelmingly clear that's the case in the real world).

The obvious out, without having to have a Warehouse in China or Brazil or some place like that was to show the next warehouse (and I'd have said "hundreds of years" but still been vague about when it actually moved) was on a space station.

• Love 1

Finally got to watch the finale. I will miss Endless Wonder. I'm easy, the finale made me cry at the end. Tho' never a shipper, I'm glad Pete and Myka got together at the end. Really, neither of them would have had time (perhaps inclination) to find anyone else. They are friends and will likely do well. Artie, as always, was the heart of the episode.

• Love 1

People have said this a bunch, but I did NOT love the Myka/Pete.  I'm almost positive the actors didn't love the Myka/Pete because there was ZERO chemistry in their kiss.  The thing I always loved about them was the complete NON-shippyness of them.  They had an awesome sibling relationship with no angst.  I will now fanwank that the last few eps of their "LOVE" never happened and the shippers that somehow saw something between them can be happy as well.   And is that true about McClintock wearing a rug?  Because they could have done a better job of it.  I thought maybe his hair was for another job.

Speaking of siblings, where did "Claire" come from and where did "Joshua" go?  I stopped liking Claudia a while ago, unless she was with Jinx, so her Mrs. F impersonation annoyed me.  "Put your hair up" CHECK!  "Talk in a lower voice and act like an old soul" CHECK and FAIL.

Everything HG related was fantastic.  I have always loved her, even when she was bad.

Was Artie's son the kid from Freaks and Geeks?  That was a completely out of left field thing, but glad that Artie has family outside of the Warehouse, I guess.  His bonding with/yelling at the Warehouse was awesome.  Thanks to the person upthread for explaining the apple!

I noticed Pete's hair.    Usually I don't notice the actors' hair.

Since I missed the frst ten minutes of the show, I thought the hair was due to something I missed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

And is that true about McClintock wearing a rug?  Because they could have done a better job of it.  I thought maybe his hair was for another job.

I won't say he can't have a rug.  He's 46 according to Wikipedia, and that's entirely old enough.  That said, why would it be such a BAD rug? That's what makes it seem unlikely.

Here's the photo someone slapped recently on his Wikipedia page that's labeled "McClintock at the NBCUniversal Summer press day on 8 April 2014" (in other words, 6 weeks ago)

XltAqSs.jpg

Now that also could be a rug, but if so it's a decent one--not one that's STUPID looking, like his hair on the show.

In terms of other possible roles he could have stupid hair for, IMDB at least doesn't help.  It says he's had plenty of other work lately--but it's all TV guest star work (Castle, Modern Family, The Mentalist--in other words nothing that would seem to REQUIRE stupid hair).  So it's a stupid hair mystery!!!  If it's a piece, as I said, he must have been temporarily insane.  (There are plenty of shots of him around from comic-cons in the past few years with fairly normal looking hair too.)

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

I would have liked it better if when they had their big kiss, they would have pulled back and went “nah, not feeling it”.

I would have preferred Myka and Pete agreeing to go on a date.   "A DATE date?"    "Yeah, a real date."    "OK"        They are shown in a classic muscle car, at a drive-in movie.       (there are a few left) 

MTM and Mr. Grant did that, IIRC.    :)

Either of these would've been better than what we saw. Another scenario I would've bought: We see them giving each other looks that clearly convey love, longing, chemistry, etc. that let the viewer reach the conclusion that in the future they do take their relationship to the next level, even though it's never verbally declared.

I was half asleep while watching, but I'm not sure I want to rewatch.

Well, having been with these characters since s01e01, I am glad that the show ended up with them all in a happy place with life going on in a way that spelled out that there were going to be many more adventures for them, both professional and personal.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cross-post from TWOP

The producer Jack Kenny always wanted Pete/Myka to happen, actually. He just didn't want it to ruin the show because it's not about romantic relationship (they learn they lesson after the season 2). Eddie McClintock said Pete/Myka would happen in the end of the show.

Also, Myka's really is completely in denial about her feelings/oblivious one (she's hurt by Pete's declaration to Kelly in 2.12 Reset but not aware of it at all; she has no idea why Pete is upset with her in 3.02 Trials; she's completely surprised by Pete's reaction to her illness when he always was there for her for years; she's practically yelling at him for putting her before the Warehouse and everybody else in 5.01 Endless Terror, like she doesn't know Pete at all) . Combined with the fact that after Sam's death she was closed off to everything, it's very obvious how her feelings for Pete could sneak up on her.

Edited by CooperTV

There may be quotes from Kenny and McClintock saying that. There are a number saying otherwise in very decided terms.

But then as long as everyone's willing to live and let live about their opinion of the outcome, it doesn't really matter :)

• Love 2

The obvious out, without having to have a Warehouse in China or Brazil or some place like that was to show the next warehouse (and I'd have said "hundreds of years" but still been vague about when it actually moved) was on a space station.

Isn't there a treaty about the use of space that would preclude that for at least as long as Claudia may be caretaker? If the Regents didn't like a potential move, they could always use a few selected artifacts to change things.

I think a space station might be too much risk in terms of an accident bringing it crashing into the planet, but a moon base would have been cool. They've established that the portal can be a legit mode of travel, so engineering that into a stable transporter isn't totally that far out. The moon isn't that far away.

I could also buy that there's a secret UN resolution in the future that establishes the sovereignty of the WH so that no State could 'claim' it. 

But I'm glad that the current WH crew looks like they'll be having a lot of adventures for a while. I speculated that the WH was pretty much over this shit with Valda almost stealing it for China to exploit. I thought Pete's vision was that he didn't have his greatest moment yet. Between that and Artie's monologue, the WH realized that it was still in good care and decided to stay for a while. 

With Pete saying how much of a fuck up he was and how much better he's become from working at the WH, that maybe he has the potential to be one of the greatest agents. I mean he did defeat ParaC and outwitted Valda only just recently. 

• Love 1
With Pete saying how much of a fuck up he was and how much better he's become from working at the WH, that maybe he has the potential to be one of the greatest agents. I mean he did defeat ParaC and outwitted Valda only just recently. 

Another neat thing about Pete's "moment" was that it was all about love and his interactions with all of the other characters.

I liked this for a couple reasons. First, the characters and their interactions was always my favorite thing about this show. It wouldn't have worked for me had the relationships taken a back seat to the stories and all of the fun warehouse stuff.  Second, the kind of emotion we saw from Pete in that sequence is exactly the kind of intense emotions that create artifacts.

Maybe somewhere in that future warehouse there is Pete's Hair artifact that gives you the warm fuzzies around your friends.

• Love 3
I thought Pete's vision was that he didn't have his greatest moment yet.

Pete's vision meant that all moments he spent in the Warehouse were defining ones. I think it's somehow different from the greatest moments because "greatest" moment is something finite, just a lone dot in time. And that couldn't be this way for him since this particular wonder is endless, as we all well know :).

• Love 1

The horrible Mortal Kombat music in the background of the ninja bit was hilarious.  I couldn't hear all of the words because of the screaming but I know at one point they were just screaming Myka's full name over and over again. 

Obviously, if we take nothing else away from this finale, there is one thing we will always have, and that is

MYKA

MYKA BERING

MYKA

MYKA BERING

• Love 1

The Mortal Kombat theme was hilarious, and I liked the whole fight scene because it showed how well Myka and Pete work together, and was a reminder than as goofy as he tends to be Pete was a Marine.

• Love 1

It was annoying that the flashbacks were not really flashbacks, but I am going to miss this show. Why do the networks think people want to watch that reality drivel when they could be watching really good shows like Warehouse 13 and Eureka? Still not over it. Sigh.

• Love 3
(edited)

SyFy's primary concern is, as is most businesses, making money. Scripted shows like Eureka and Warehouse 13 are more expensive that stuff Heroes of Cosplay or even Ghost Hunters. At the end of the day that's what counts.

Edited by KirkB

It was annoying that the flashbacks were not really flashbacks

I would've been really annoyed if the last episode ever had been a clip show. I'll take it the way it was because at least it was all new footage and not mostly stuff we've already seen. I can rewatch episodes for that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would've been really annoyed if the last episode ever had been a clip show. I'll take it the way it was because at least it was all new footage and not mostly stuff we've already seen. I can rewatch episodes for that.

I was thinking exactly this. I was actually also a little bit miffed that the memories were random new scenes that we'd never seen before, but a clip show for the finale...it took me about 45 seconds to think, "huh, guess they made the right call."

EDIT: At the end of Myka & Pete vs. SuburbaNinjas, the voice said "Flawless victory" which is just beautiful.

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 1
I was thinking exactly this. I was actually also a little bit miffed that the memories were random new scenes that we'd never seen before, but a clip show for the finale...it took me about 45 seconds to think, "huh, guess they made the right call."

Its the exact opposite for me.  I thought it was a bad call because I wanted to feel an emotional connection to the final episode and because i had no emotional connection to any of the teams "defining moment" the final episode felt empty to me.   It felt random.  

• Love 2

As much as I get what they were trying to portray with the memory device, the decision to use a clip format, be it new footage forming faux clips, or be it real clips... well... either way it was a bad idea for a finale IMO.

It's the kind of thing you do for a Penultimate episode (presuming there's no big multi-part finale arc), not for the actual finale.

If they really wanted to do something different, I think a flash forward episode might have been a good idea.  Rather than give us the awfully realized and implented Pyka, they simply should have shown the results.  This could also have been the best way to resolve Claudia's storyline too.  

Anyway, I don't care about the specific story details, but at least the younger current castmembers could have been caught up with that way.  As for Artie?  I would have shown his fate via Claudia having some kind of flashback set in the in-between period. Honestly?  I would have it be tragic, but heroic, whatever it was, and tie directly into whatever they "fought" in this theoretical finale.

• Love 1

I think I too would rather have seen what the future held for the characters instead of a fake clip show. I liked what little we had of Claudia being the caretaker, but I wanted to see what happened to Myka, Pete, Artie and Steve. 

• Love 1

I actually got a little sad in the very end bit with Claudia as the caretaker.  Barring any artifact shenanigans (which, admittedly, are likely with this crew) Pete, Myka, Jinx, and Artie were likely long dead (I took it to be fairly far into the future).  And since the scene faded from our gang just doing their thing like they always do into that, it sort of hit me double hard.  Weird.

It's funny how even though it was more poorly done due to rushing through a condensed season, the "getting two characters together romantically that I thought of as platonic" thing bothers me waaaaay less here than it does on the Mentalist.  I can't really figure that out.  I wish they'd handled it better but I can ignore it for the overall package of the show which was pretty awesome.

I actually got a little sad in the very end bit with Claudia as the caretaker.  Barring any artifact shenanigans (which, admittedly, are likely with this crew) Pete, Myka, Jinx, and Artie were likely long dead (I took it to be fairly far into the future). 

Nah, the show ruined that by saying it was a few decades, didn't it?  I would have MUCH preferred it was centuries.

Yeah, I thought I saw few decades too. So it wasn't that far into the future where we couldn't have seen what happened to everyone else. Or that would've been a better show. Caretaker Claudia was watching the clip show videos of her friends and what happened to them. 

(edited)

Finally watched it all-- -sniffle sniffle-

But Artie's rant at the warehouse??  PURE awesome.  Saul totally rocks.  (And I guess the apple was just an apple?) (ETA: apple = acceptance:  ah, had not thought of that.  Sounds right to me.)

Agreed-- the warehouse being, say, on the moon would have been very cool.

Edited by janeta

I saw it yesterday and I think it was a very satisfying last episode.

At first I feared they would show only flashbacks, like a cliché season ending, but thankfully there were many new clips hinting at all the awesome stories we couldn't get. Now I would love to see the full episodes behind them, especially one with step dancing, I thought that was hilarious.

This episode reminded me of all the funny things they did over the years and brought back the light-heartedness I so often missed in the later seasons. I also somewhat disliked their season arcs, therefore getting some closure without big baddies, end of the world and perils was just right for me. It is good to know that the warehouse is still out there and the team is snagging and bagging artefacts.

I'm OK with Pyka. A bit slower development would have been nice, but there were often hints that a relationship is possible, so I don't mind it much.

One of the few things bugging me is when Steve was in Artie's heart and the blood didn't flow. That was just too weird, although as a defining moment it made more sense to me than most of the others. Speaking of Artie, his scenes with the warehouse and Claudia were great. Artie wishing that his son should live a normal life, but should still know about his father's important work, was very powerful, and him accepting that Claudia might not want to be a caretaker, was a bit surprising. 

I wish the show wasn't over. There is still so much potential and in my opinion the writers demonstrated with this episode that they can still create powerful, emotional and funny scenes when they aren't busy with their season arcs.

When comparing it to other shows, I'm glad it ended as it did, and I think this was a very good last episode.

• Love 3

I love that Jinxy got to see all this private stuff about the elusive Mrs F and everyone else missed it, funny little gag.  Also, could watch Ashmore tap dance all day. 

Wasn't crazy about the Pete/Myka hook up, but at least it didn't eat the episode.

I usually like AS , and Claudia, but her caretaker/Mrs F impression at the end was pretty awful.  

Goodbye WH13, it was fun.  Most of the time.

(edited)

I stopped watching this show at the end of Season 4 because it just wasn't grabbing me anymore. But I did watch the last episode. I think having a clip show was a fairly good idea but poorly executed. Instead of having it be ONE defining moment, it should have been moments - then they could have mixed it with highlights from previous seasons and new clips of other ideas they had for future episodes. I liked the tap dancing but thought it went on a little too long. 

I think a better idea maybe would be a meeting set say 20 years in the future with the Warehouse getting ready to move. Artie could be retired (but living at the B&B as crotchety as ever in his wheelchair), Myka being in Artie's job, Steve being lead agent, Pete coming to visit and complaining about his teenage kids, Claudia acting like Mrs. F in front of the other agents, but dropping it and being "Claudia" when its just our guys, and then they could all reminisce about their favorite moments as agents, which would be the clip show. Artie and the apple could be the final goodbye.

Edited by theFel

I think my favorite part of the flash to Claudia as caretaker was when she told the new gang "You just reminded me of someone" or whatever it was.  Unless I am crazy, Mrs. F said the same thing to the gang at one point.  I don't know why, but that really touched me.