Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Chapter Thirty-Three: Shadow of a Doubt

• Start Topic

(edited)

I absolutely loved the Betty and Cheryl scenes. Cheryl's lines were funny at times even when they weren't meant to be. I love how she talks sort of like Shakespeare, lol, and calls Betty her cousin. I think Cheryl was just relieved that for once she was having to deal with a crazy family (immediate family) that wasn't her own, lol. I really liked these two together. Madelaine Petsch and Lili Reinhart formed a very natural chemistry together. 

I appreciate Betty freaking out over Chic's possible murder. Good! Now let's hope he's still alive so she doesn't have to worry about it anymore. He can bite it after that. 

I'm super confused over Hal's situation... there's the book, then the phone call... although like Cheryl pointed out... she saw Hal around their house when he was having an affair with her evil mother and he didn't exactly strike her as Black Hood-like when he was sneaking around. But again, the book and the phone call... the phone call with Betty telling him to meet her where it all started... if he didn't understand what she was saying (if he wasn't guilty) why did he go along with it with clear understanding? It felt creepy. Is it possible he might have spent his free time (in addition to having an affair) trying to take down the Black Hood? So he sort of became the Black Hood if that makes sense? Like a psychologist/psychiatrist having to live and breathe the serial killer in order to catch him. I don't really know. But something seems off... I am expecting some sort of twist. 

Veronica's storyline was such a waste. Do TPTB hate Camila or something? First the stupid kidnapping/murder plot, now this bachelor/business thing. Camila Mendes deserves so much better. Although I am glad she left her parents and wants nothing to do with the shady crap. Of course her supporting Fred is only going to enrage Hiram but at least she's deciding to move away from her mobster parents. Something did catch my eye though... we see Hermione shaking and nervous over the violence/chaos. We also saw Hiram not really caring about her safety either. Could Hermione be in danger of dying or getting seriously injured during these last episodes? Maybe we're seeing foreshadowing in this episode.

I love how Jughead is loyal and dedicated. He's a part of the Serpents like it or not. They are family. I love that he tried like heck to protect Fangs. I also liked that Jughead and Archie are still friends even if on different sides of the line sometimes. 

Fangs and Midge were hooking up though... hmm. I don't know the point of this storyline really other than creating drama when Fangs got arrested and released. I wonder if Fangs is even going to survive. 

Reggie needs to go. I don't like this character. He walks around like a robotic tool... zero brains, ready to be manipulated... gun and all! Lame. Dark Circle (the label changes lol) I am so over. Next. 

Hiram is the worst... I honestly think he's setting up Archie for a huge fall, he set up Reggie, he has ties to the mob and most likely the Black Hood. He is as dirty and criminal as the new sheriff! 

I liked that Archie pulled everything together in this one, realizing his weird/odd behavior all season long is due to PTSD and the Black Hood. I have a feeling it's not going to end pretty though... he's going to slip up and do something stupid... we got the warning from the family of the dude that died and they want revenge and they think Archie is responsible. I also think Jughead is in trouble because of the Penny thing. Who knows if Hal is the Black Hood and Betty's darkness still remains. I have a feeling this season is going to end in super dark fashion... it's probable the season 2 finale will be the darkest episode to date. Way too many storylines are a recipe for disaster and you can tell it's all going to go down in the finale of 2.

Last Stuff:

- I still don't know why the Black Hood would want to hurt Fred. This makes zero sense. Could it go back to when he was seeing Hermione?
- Cheryl will be fine. I don't think that's the Black Hood. I bet it's someone Hiram hired. 
- No Cheryl/Toni scenes = not fun.
- Lack of Betty/Veronica all season long is tiring.

Edited by Wilpen
  • Love 1