Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Stripes and a Stripper Pole

The ads for this revamp show ALL the designers and carpenters , right? Walking in a line down the street with tools and such, right?

So why 3 episodes in did  they have Nate and Jeremiah (nothing against them) and then 4 episodes in they have Clinton (nothing against him) and  Hildi for her second show??

Hmm, it's like they know their own designers are mediocre and they have to have the gimmicks, the guest stars right away. That's just struck me as an odd way to do a revamp. 

• Love 14

Haven’t we seen all the designers at least once?  We’ve had Vern, Doug, Hildi, Genevieve, the guest appearance by Frank.  Not sure about Lauri?  And when do we see the new designers?

If you look up Paige on Twitter, she said the homeowners (aka the HOs), she said they both liked the rooms better after the cameras were off and they’ve kept the bones of the design.  I’d love to find the homeowners on twitter and see what they have to say now.

• Love 4
(edited)

I only liked the brick wall, the bars and the things picked from the tent.  The thing about Hildi’s paintings is that they will be thicker and will need to be sanded to paint over.  

I don’t need all the rooms to be grey and white because if you pick up any magazine or look at any design website you will see you can design any style of room and make it look good from sticks to gold walls.  The problem with Hildi is that everything is just so sloppy and not cohesive.  Finally you get a homeowner who would be open to a crazy theme and you do leaves on the walls?

I think I have grown too old for this show.  My DIY skills are way better now and so is my budget so I would rather see options on how instead of a $2k light fixture you can get a similar one for $100.  To this day I remember Gen’s use of metallic paste to change the tone on light fixtures.  Now with Amazon these things are easier to find.  My friend wanted to change something to rose gold and I told her there might be metallic paste online and there was, great stuff, just a little touch and the whole colour changed! That is what I remember from the old TS.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 11

I was surprised at the woman's reaction to Hildi's room, which really wasn't bad at all by Hildi standards.  There were things in it I didn't care for, like the multicolored sticks on the walls, but it was decent.  I wanted to yell, "Hey, at least she didn't throw HAY on your walls!"

Clinton's room looked cool in one sense, but the problem is that it was set up like a mini nightclub with cocktail tables and chairs.  That's a room you use occasionally on a Saturday night for entertaining, but not one you can crash in on a Monday night and watch television or something.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Do you any of you who watched get the feeling that some of the drama was manufactured?

My impression was that all the drama was manufactured. That both women went on this show to be on TV and acted through the entire thing, both with the intention of using their husbands money to redo their rooms as soon as the TS trucks rolled away. I couldn't really enjoy anything about this ep because I did feel like the homeowners were as fake as fake gets through the whole thing. 

The fact that they were thrilled to get Hildi makes me certain they wanted their episode to be full of drama. 

• Love 10

I love the color blue, but Clinton's use of that bright blue was too much for me.  When the couple told him that the HO loved everything white, black, and grey, and he saw that her whole house was white black, and grey, why not switch out the teal (minor use) and blue (major use) to black and grey?   He could have kept everything else (including the striping), but given her basically what she wanted without "compromising his design" too much.

Hildi's room was bad.  The "Before" shots of the room were great, with that nice stone/rock on the walls up to chair-rail level, and the matching tan color on the walls.  Only the bar area needed any real work, and that's the one area Hildi and Ty made a positive difference.  The rest of her room was amateur hour.  Why paint those stupid leaves on the wall?  It didn't look good at all, and in fact looked like something a pre-teen girl would want to try on her bedroom walls as a first attempt at design.  The striped wood was there because of the pool table, right?  I guess that kind of makes sense.  The result, though, was very busy and frantic looking for me.

I liked both husbands, but the wives were a pain.  You could tell they ruled the roost, and were the ones who wanted to be on the show.  That one husband's laughter at the reveal clued me in that he probably thought, "Yep, this is exactly what I told her would happen!"

• Love 6
(edited)

A "Prince" room? When I heard that I half expected Hildi to grasp on to a raspberry beret inspiration. She'd glue fake raspberries all over the walls. BUT I know most of the designers already have their own plans thought out in advance long before they meet a HO.

Frank is the only one I remember being flexible in what the HO would like which to me is the mark of a good designer. 

ETA: I'm re-watching this episode now. Hildi did say something about a raspberry color tie-in. I missed it the first go around. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

That one husband's laughter at the reveal clued me in that he probably thought, "Yep, this is exactly what I told her would happen!"

He was my favorite. He saw this whole mess coming a million miles away. I think he was also laughing at how ridiculous her reaction was to what would, with their money, be very easy to fix. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

The S on the Cock Tails sign was backwards, wasn't it? Silly.

Yes! And I bet that wasn't intentional. They had to place the stencil in reverse to paint and I bet they put the S on wrong.

i absolutely believe Clinton when he said he would love to have the room he did in his own house. But that style appeals to a very specific type of person and those homeowners were not that type.

Hildi's wasn't the disaster her rooms usually are but the size of her space was ridiculous. "Come to my McMansion and work on basically the equivalent of half a floor."

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SHD said:

Yes! And I bet that wasn't intentional. They had to place the stencil in reverse to paint and I bet they put the S on wrong.

I kept waiting for someone to mention it. I guess they were told not to, or it was cut out so as not to embarrass everyone because there is no way that was intentional. It was way too stupid looking to have been done on purpose. 

• Love 6

She is almost like a child who likes a certain theme and would throw some pieces together but it always lacks the polish of a real designer. 

First eggs, now half-deflated balls covered in wet newspaper and paint. They looked like a first-grader's art project.

I think this show suffers in an era of high-end flipping and remodeling shows where they pour tens of thousands of dollars into expensive finishes. It was a cute idea in its day but it sort of doesn't work anymore. Everything just looks cheap and amateurish. This was especially true here because both of these houses looked pretty high end, so the basements looked particularly cheap and tacky. I didn't even mind either design too much, but neither really fit those homes. 

Of course, I realize that's what this show is about - the fact that they invited Hildi back at all just proves the show is going for shock value. The point is to get people to tune in every week to see what kind of crazy, god-awful thing the designers are going to do rather than admire and covet the designs. But then they throw in a week where pro designers like Nate and Jeremiah do beautiful, professional looking rooms only to turn around and do an episode with tacky wall appliqués and crazy zig-zag stripes. Yikes. That just makes it seem even worse.

• Love 8

I thought the "Cock Tails" sign was hilariously tacky. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never actually showed the "cock" side. There was always a partial obstruction -- a pillar, someone standing in front of one of the letters, etc.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Haven’t we seen all the designers at least once?  We’ve had Vern, Doug, Hildi, Genevieve, the guest appearance by Frank.  Not sure about Lauri?  And when do we see the new designers?

If you look up Paige on Twitter, she said the homeowners (aka the HOs), she said they both liked the rooms better after the cameras were off and they’ve kept the bones of the design.  I’d love to find the homeowners on twitter and see what they have to say now.

There was a commercial during Nate & Jeremiah which came on next and I was only half listening, but I think Laurie and Sabrina Soto are next week.

2 minutes ago, quesadilla said:

I thought the "Cock Tails" sign was hilariously tacky. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never actually showed the "cock" side. There was always a partial obstruction -- a pillar, someone standing in front of one of the letters, etc.

When they were making it, I only saw the "tails" half and I couldn't figure out what it said. (Someone above mentioned Clinton saying they were doing Cock + Tails but I completely missed that.) But yeah, the camera angles at the reveal seemed to intentionally have the Cock half partially blocked.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

I was surprised at the woman's reaction to Hildi's room, which really wasn't bad at all by Hildi standards.  There were things in it I didn't care for, like the multicolored sticks on the walls, but it was decent.  I wanted to yell, "Hey, at least she didn't throw HAY on your walls!"

Clinton's room looked cool in one sense, but the problem is that it was set up like a mini nightclub with cocktail tables and chairs.  That's a room you use occasionally on a Saturday night for entertaining, but not one you can crash in on a Monday night and watch television or something.

Totally agree about Clinton's room. Between the blue walls, white brick, and concrete floors it was very cold. As an occasional use party room it was great, but definitely not an inviting place for relaxing. 

15 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Tremendous Prince fan checking in.  I understand that a big part of this show is flipping the script on the home owners and not adhering to exactly what they would prefer (to push them out of their comfort zone, blah blah blah), but damn.  My fellow Prince fanatic deserved a purple room and was beyond pissed when she didn’t get it.  Hildi rolled her eyes at the end and said, “I’m not going to give her a Prince room, pfft.”  UGH.  Let’s go crazy (all over Hildi!).  That being said, the bar area and table were awesome and the leaf wall appliqués would probably grow on me with time.  The other room was a complete swing-and-a-miss for me.  Both women had the same reaction: “Oh, f*ck no!”  I don’t think doing this show was the best decision for either couple.

Both times this season, Hildi has taken an inspiration fabric and tried to almost mimic it on the walls, then added an art project of balls/eggs hanging on a string. But, yeah, Hildi you're too innovative and edgy to create a Prince room. Not.

Hildi just isn't imaginative enough to think outside the literal box of a purple Prince room.  One of the most acclaimed Prince performances was at the Miami Superbowl in the pouring rain. He wore an aqua-blue suit with a coral shirt. How about using accents of those colors instead of purple (which the husband said he hated). Maybe have artful close-up pictures of guitars (they don't have to be purple) since Prince's guitar skills were legendary. Add some pictures or a mural or something referencing rain drops. I'm sure a great designer could have come up with some better ideas than these to reference Prince in an innovative way. Of course, I'm not convince that the HO Prince superfan would have gotten something too subtle because when Paige mentioned the Little Red Corvette as a Prince-reference she said that Prince didn't even drive a Corvette! 

• Love 11
(edited)
24 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Both times this season, Hildi has taken an inspiration fabric and tried to almost mimic it on the walls, then added an art project of balls/eggs hanging on a string. But, yeah, Hildi you're too innovative and edgy to create a Prince room. Not.

Hildi just isn't imaginative enough to think outside the literal box of a purple Prince room.  One of the most acclaimed Prince performances was at the Miami Superbowl in the pouring rain. He wore an aqua-blue suit with a coral shirt. How about using accents of those colors instead of purple (which the husband said he hated). Maybe have artful close-up pictures of guitars (they don't have to be purple) since Prince's guitar skills were legendary. Add some pictures or a mural or something referencing rain drops. I'm sure a great designer could have come up with some better ideas than these to reference Prince in an innovative way. Of course, I'm not convince that the HO Prince superfan would have gotten something too subtle because when Paige mentioned the Little Red Corvette as a Prince-reference she said that Prince didn't even drive a Corvette! 

Yes, yes, and hell-to-the-yes.  Love the raindrop idea.  I was only half-watching the initial painting of the leaf template and I thought that’s what they were doing.  It’s never surprising to see Hildi rolling in on the Hot Mess Express, but her “skills” were completely wasted on this room.  The poor homeowner had literally. one. request.  Would it have killed Hildi to at least give the woman one lavender wall?  A purple couch?  Paint the papier-mâché balls (ugh) hanging from the ceiling purple?  Paint the ceiling purple?  I could go on like this until next week’s episode.   

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 3

Maybe my idea of the original purpose of Trading Spaces, other than getting viewers, was to show how to design on a budget  that satisfies the homeowner. Judging from some of the responses here, maybe the purpose is to showcase the designers. Yes, I do understand that from its inception few designers ever designed with the homeowners in mind. Still, I thought that was one of the aims.

I know some homeowners can't be pleased, but  it seems to me that many of the designers (even the nicer ones) just want to have the freedom to express themselves. 

I agree with @TexasTiffany that a mark of a good designer is to be flexible with their style and to listen to whom they are designing for.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I thought both rooms were ok for basements.  Did you watch Clinton on FB live with Hildi and Paige? It made the experience more interesting.  Apparently Prince woman already had one Prince room in her house. Apparently Clinton's Hos ended up embracing his rooming and did a glitter floor. I like the husbands but the wives were kind of lame.

I thought it would be on FB today.  I googled and cannot find anything on this.  Damn!   Please say more about it. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Wings said:

I thought it would be on FB today.  I googled and cannot find anything on this.  Damn!   Please say more about this!  

I went looking on facebook but I got distracted reading comments on the episode post. My favorite so far:

Hildi’s ball decoration looked like a science solar system project gone wrong. ??

Also:

This is a general comment to the designers. Please stop trying to get people out of their comfort zone. This is the definition of a home. Your comfort zone. Where you feel comfortable. It should not make you cry after a long day of work to walk into your home.

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think this show suffers in an era of high-end flipping and remodeling shows where they pour tens of thousands of dollars into expensive finishes. It was a cute idea in its day but it sort of doesn't work anymore. Everything just looks cheap and amateurish. This was especially true here because both of these houses looked pretty high end, so the basements looked particularly cheap and tacky. I didn't even mind either design too much, but neither really fit those homes. 

Yeah. On the old series run, and now this one, I always cringed at the stuff the carpenters built. All rough cut plywood, slapped together with a coat of paint. Like a TV show set design. Looks good on camera from afar, but awful if looked at up close.

The show is also an excuse for these designers to be 'silly' at the HO's expenses. Of course homeowners should know it's a crap shoot and expect to be disappointed. If someone actually paid good money for a designer and they did what they do on this show, the HO's would be chasing them down the street with a meat cleaver.  I never liked what Hildi(sp?) does. It seems she likes to purposely trash a room with her handmade garbage, lol.

Also, one of the basement's looked like it was left as bare concrete with paint splatter on it. In the before, I saw a carpet

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hey TLC, there is an opening in your programing for a low budget design show.  By low I am saying 5k or there abouts.  We no longer have any.  TS is for entertainment, so keep that but give us a real design show too.

I agree @ams1001.  My comfort zone is white walls and modern furniture  with a touch of rustic  for contrast.  I shudder to think of ways Frank and Hildi could fuck this up.  I loved what Snow White (long hair) had done with her living room.  Clinton’s design translated that to a basement using a different color pallet.  Clinton said they came to like it and added a glitter floor.  

ETA.  Google glitter floor.  Interesting 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That both women went on this show to be on TV and acted through the entire thing, both with the intention of using their husbands money to redo their rooms as soon as the TS trucks rolled away.

I was putting stuff away as the show started, so only half paying attention to the intros and missed hearing what everyone did for a living.  What did each of the four of them do, so that in both houses it was the husbands' money?

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Clinton said they came to like it and added a glitter floor.  Have no idea what that would be!  

Wasn't it a concrete floor?  They probably put down the epoxy paint a lot of people with "finished" garages use on the floors; it's sparkly.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I agree @ams1001.  My comfort zone is white walls and modern furniture  with a touch of rustic  for contrast.  I shudder to think of ways Frank and Hildi could fuck this up.  I loved what Snow White (long hair) had done with her living room.  Clinton’s design translated that to a basement using a different color pallet.  Clinton said they came to like it and added a glitter floor.  Have no idea what that would be!  

Yeah, my living room walls are a cool beige, my couch is gray and my armchair is a light tan color (which I picked because it goes nicely with the background color of the pillows that came with the couch - when I was furniture shopping, I picked out the couch, then took one of the pillows around the store with me until I found a nice chair to go with it). My bedroom is a slightly darker shade of the same color (with a chocolate brown and light blue bedspread which will soon be replaced with the gray one I bought last year [I've been lazy] because it is old and falling apart). The kitchen is blue and the bathroom is green, but they're both soft, relaxing colors. I don't throw parties, I don't have kids, and I don't want bright, busy colors and patterns. I'm an introverted sort with anxious tendencies and when I get home from work I just want to relax.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, my living room walls are a cool beige, my couch is gray and my armchair is a light tan color (which I picked because it goes nicely with the background color of the pillows that came with the couch - when I was furniture shopping, I picked out the couch, then took one of the pillows around the store with me until I found a nice chair to go with it). My bedroom is a slightly darker shade of the same color (with a chocolate brown and light blue bedspread which will soon be replaced with the gray one I bought last year [I've been lazy] because it is old and falling apart). The kitchen is blue and the bathroom is green, but they're both soft, relaxing colors. I don't throw parties, I don't have kids, and I don't want bright, busy colors and patterns. I'm an introverted sort with anxious tendencies and when I get home from work I just want to relax.

I am an extrovert so in my all white and neutral house is punched up with red, and yellow accents and other colors from the art work. :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am an extrovert so in my all white and neutral house is punched up with red, and yellow accents and other colors from the art work.

I am an introvert and have pops of red and purple among my light grey walls.  Are introverts not "suppose" to like bright colors? I am not being snarky but seriously wondering?

• Love 6

I hated everything in Hildi's room except for the pillows.  On the other hand, I loved Clinton's room for a basement party room.  I'd have lost the stripper pole and the stupid artwork, but I loved the bright orange bar stools with the cool blues.  

• Love 4

I just couldn't with this episode.  I felt like both female homeowners were putting on a show for the cameras, and it just kind of drained the fun out of things.  I thought Hildi's design was mostly a mess, but not so much a mess that it was terrible.  I didn't mind Clinton's room, but I agree that if the point was to have a casual gathering place in the basement, that room was not it.    

Prince didn't drive a red corvette! LOL. Ever heard the song, honey?

Right? The HO’s reaction to that  confused me.  

This.  For someone who wanted to have a room that paid tribute to Prince, it was bizarre to me that she didn't seem to get what the corvette was about. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

I am an introvert and have pops of red and purple among my light grey walls.  Are introverts not "suppose" to like bright colors? I am not being snarky but seriously wondering?

lol...I wasn't trying to imply that (I don't know if I'm "supposed" to like any particular colors based on that, for what it's worth). I personally just prefer cooler/softer/darker colors. But I work with a very, let's say talkative coworker in an area adjacent to "social" spaces in my office (we're right across from the hall where the kitchen and bathrooms are, and a lot of people have to pass by us coming and going from the stairs, so there's a lot of chitchat going on) and it drives me crazy. So when I get home I want my surroundings to be calming.

Some small pops of brighter colors aren't bad. I normally don't like orange, for instance, but I liked the orange chairs as a contrast will all the blue and white in Clinton's room.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Wings said:

There is NO respectable designer that would do a purple room for Prince. Ridiculouss.  

ETA.  Frank would. I just watched a rerun where he  did a hideous purple bedroom complete with a large swag of purple over the bed. 

Yes, Frank would’ve been very literal and probably would’ve done what they wanted with all kinds of purple and feathers and fandom elements.  I love Prince as a musical artist, but I have to say his taste was over the top, but he was Prince.  That’s why most people can’t or shouldn’t attempt to pull off fashion straight from the runway.  I mean, Prince’s own home looks like a 90s era mall.

I liked the slats in Hildi’s room but that’s it.  Totally agree that her execution is not ever polished in the end.  I think if you were a paying client, you’d get something different.  Years ago, they showed her own home and it was all whites and spartan, so she can practice restraint, she just chooses not to in kind of a mean way that others like Frank or Vern or Genevieve wouldn’t.

I liked Clinton’s design, but not for these HOs.  It felt more like set design versus something you could live/lounge in.  When the designers go into the homes and see contractor beige and those huge, leather recliners (not my style but they are popular) and they see the style of the rest of the home, I think the designers have to take that into consideration.  Those HOs were not going to be happy with mid-century lounge.  I think the designers have to meet the HOs where they are and try to elevate the style from there while still making the spaces functional and reflective of the homeowners even if they don’t have the best taste.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I was putting stuff away as the show started, so only half paying attention to the intros and missed hearing what everyone did for a living.  What did each of the four of them do, so that in both house

That both women went on this show to be on TV and acted through the entire thing, both with the intention of using their husbands money to redo their rooms as soon as the TS trucks rolled away.

I was putting stuff away as the show started, so only half paying attention to the intros and missed hearing what everyone did for a living.  What did each of the four of them do, so that in both houses it was the husbands' money?

Wasn't it a concrete floor?  They probably put down the epoxy paint a lot of people with "finished" garages use on the floors; it's sparkly.

I caught that comment too. I don’t remember them saying what the homeowners did for a living.  Regardless, I don’t think it is the husbands’ money, it is their money.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Of course not!!! I was responding to ams1001's post where she said this (below) after talking about her house decor.    

" I'm an introverted sort with anxious tendencies and when I get home from work I just want to relax."

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2

I got the feeling the women homeowners decided before they ever started taping that they were going to "Oh f--- no!" the reveal, no matter what the rooms looked like.  Hildi's room, meh.  It was bland, the leaves were awful, and it was mostly a mishmash of elements that didn't work.  Bad, but not "F--- no!" bad.  At least they don't have to strip hay or unstaple thousands of fake flowers from the walls.  (FWIW, I think when they said "Prince-inspired," they really meant "prints-inspired."  It had everything to do with that drab fabric and nothing to do with the artist.)

That blue wall though...loved it, loved it, loved it!  It's too much for a small room, but in a space that size, it's striking.  I am kind of surprised that Crystal of the speckled puff-sleeved, red tutu'd smock couldn't embrace a little color (okay, a lot of color), but was glad that after a minute to take it all in, she admitted that she liked most of the elements as they went through the room.  

• Love 5

Awful reveals after last week.  I actually could work with Clinton's room.....tone down the colors, a few other things. Of course I did not watch the whole thing, but he could have used the same  concept with a different color scheme and some swankier accessories and it would have been great. 

Prince fan here....For those who keep talking about Little Red Corvette.....have YOU heard the song?  Prince did not drive one......uh well....listen to the song.  She is correct. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Prince fan here....For those who keep talking about Little Red Corvette.....have YOU heard the song?  Prince did not drive one......uh well....listen to the song.  She is correct. 

Well, technically, if you listen to the lyrics of the song, he did.  Once.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

Well, technically, if you listen to the lyrics of the song, he did.  Once.

There is a difference between driving and riding.....

• LOL 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

There is a difference between driving and riding.....

Well, uh, not so much...euphemisms are fun!

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Love 2

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but did Prince Lady say during the Paige Cam diary section at the end that the Little Red Corvette didn't make any sense because Prince never drove a Corvette? 

Did she honestly not get the reference?

Perhaps, she was a big fan of Prince's work on "New Girl" and didn't know his songs? 

• Love 4
(edited)

This is a general comment to the designers. Please stop trying to get people out of their comfort zone. This is the definition of a home. Your comfort zone. Where you feel comfortable. It should not make you cry after a long day of work to walk into your home.

I think if someone wants to stay in their comfort zone, they probably shouldn't turn over the decoration of a room in their home to a reality show.  That isn't to say that I support it when the designers do a crazy, impractical redecoration for the sake of getting attention.  That just ends up pissing people off.  However, I do think some of the best rooms are ones where the homeowner both loves the room and expresses that they never would have considered an idea like the one with which the designer went. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 6

It was odd to me that the room Clinton redid, in the home of the HOs who supposedly hated color, had a bright orange-red wall originally. 

I hated Hildebeast's room. I thought it looked like several elements wandered in and stuck there and none of them went together. I didn't mind Clinton's room. I liked the bar and thought the stripe worked for such a huge space that was designed for entertaining. The dance floor was tiny, though, and wasn't the pole too close to the walls to be actually usable? Perhaps I should not try to force practicality on them but I thought both were a bit off.

• Love 7
(edited)

Silly me...I asked my son (who was in the perfect age to have liked Prince while he was a huge star) what he would suggest to design a "Prince inspired room"....this the son who hates all of the design shows I watch! First words out of his mouth..."Paint something purple" and then he suggested using guitars and other instruments to decorate. The other thing he came up with using this...wouldn't it make a great stencil?

I probably would not thought of it, but it would work because it is an interesting design look.

I honestly liked nothing in Hildi's room except for the ping pong table which is not a new idea. Oh, well, Hildi will always be Hildi. Just think, she could have glued Prince records all over the walls! (and now I am watching American Idol and who are they celebrating? Prince!)

index.png

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 3

If she wanted a Prince room, whatever the hell that was supposed to represent, she could have done it herself, a long time ago.  In what iteration of Trading Spaces did the HOs ever get to put in requests for a particular theme or style?  Did Paige forget her mantra, "You have no say over what goes on in your own place?"

3 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

It was bland, the leaves were awful, and it was mostly a mishmash of elements that didn't work.  Bad, but not "F--- no!" bad.  At least they don't have to strip hay or unstaple thousands of fake flowers from the walls. 

Unlike too many of Hildi's disasters, this one would be pretty easily reversible.  But she is 0/2 on the TS reboot.  The potential for drama and disaster is not a reason to bring Hildi back.  More Vern and Genevieve, please!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, meowmommy said:

If she wanted a Prince room, whatever the hell that was supposed to represent, she could have done it herself, a long time ago.

Someone up above reported that she had a Prince room upstairs already.

On Clinton's FB page, he posted a video the wife in the tutu sort of thing sent to him.  She's cavorting around in very high heels and a goofy outfit that is, I think, supposed to be sexy.  The video just reinforced for me that the wives applied to the show for a lark and to be on TV.  It was obvious that both couples were able to afford having the rooms done without Trading Spaces.

• Love 4