Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E11: The Finish Line Is In Sight

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Disappointed that Michael went out, but he gave it his all.  That was a good plan to make people think he had an idol.   I think he has definitely punched his ticket for a Second Chances season.

What I don't understand is that Donathan should have been fairly certain that Michael didn't have an idol since he asked to borrow his to make people think he had one.  Why didn't Donathan and Laurel have a conversation about what is going on in their half of the tribe?  I was waiting for Laurel to tell him that people think Michael has an idol and then Donathan say he doesn't.  

I really don't have anyone left to root for.  In all the years I've watched this show I don't think I've ever had no one left that I like with so many people left in the game. 

• Love 9

Oh thank goodness laurel and donathan are safe! I really thought they were both in trouble. Sad to see Michael go but he’ll definitely be back in future seasons. I don’t understand why he voted for Wendell though. What a throwaway vote. If he would have voted for laurel, he could have at least forced a tie. 

I think Donathan changed his mind at tribal about giving Jenna the idol. I think she messed up by saying at tribal everyone told her she’d be the one going. Then Jeff asked Seabastian and he didn’t agree and said he was surprised she giving up. If Jenna’s story was true, Sebastian had no reason to lie about that. Hopefully that makes sense. I wonder if Sebastian’s answer gave Donathan pause about handing it over.

I really like the Dominick, Wendell, Laurel, and donathan foursome. If any of them win, I’ll be happy. I slightly think Donathan has a chance but Dominick is getting the winners edit in my humble opinion. And I’m pissed because I had him as my winner in my draft and changed it at the last second to Brendan. Ugh. 

Oh yeah. Kellyn sucks at survivor. I hope they do a compilation of every time her gut was wrong and call her out if she acts like she was running the game and was a huge threat at the reunion show because it’s been wrong A LOT. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It bothers me that Kellyn didn’t just cross off the “a” in Michaela and make that her Michael vote.  Of course, it’s Kellyn, so if there ever comes a time where she DOESN’T bother me, I’ll know the end times have come.

I already deleted the ep, but if Jenna had voted with Donathan, wouldn’t it have been two Jenna, two Sebastian and one Donathan?  So there would have been a re-vote?  Jenna would still get bounced in that scenario, but still.  Instead of her being resting bitch face come to life, it would have given her a chance instead of just acting like Grumpy Gus in dumb overalls.

I deleted too and didn't pay attention during the credits.  Did Kellyn vote for Laurel and Michael?  She said she was going to put two on Laurel.  We saw Laurel vote for Kellyn.  I assume Michael voted for Wendell.  The two guys put two votes on Michael and I assumed Kellyn put the two on Laurel?

I wish Michael had talked to Laurel at least and they could have put two votes on Kellyn.  Michael still would have gone home with only Dom and Wendell voting, but I'm confused as to why he didn't even talk to her.

• Love 2

I'd completely forgotten about Kellyn's extra vote before she mentioned it, so just so I'm clear on all the idols and advantages floating around...

* Wendell has a HII
* Dom has a HII
* Dom also has a pre-made fake idol that he's hoping is found by someone else
* Another idol might be replaced in the game, now that Donathan has played his?

• Love 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I already deleted the ep, but if Jenna had voted with Donathan, wouldn’t it have been two Jenna, two Sebastian and one Donathan?  So there would have been a re-vote?  Jenna would still get bounced in that scenario, but still.  Instead of her being resting bitch face come to life, it would have given her a chance instead of just acting like Grumpy Gus in dumb overalls.

No, if Jenna had voted with Donathan and he had played the idol for her, it would have been two for Sebastian and three for Jenna and thereby Sebastian is voted out. The old Naviti's were never going to vote for Donathan. They were solid on Jenna being their vote. They just convinced her it was Donathan and so despite Donathan saying he'd play the idol for her, since she had him convinced it was her going, she still wrote Donathan's name. And so it ended up being one vote for Donathan (from Jenna), one for Sebastian (from Donathan) and three for Jenna. Donathan though would have been screwed had he played the idol for Jenna because then all the votes for her would be discarded and then it would be him and Sebastian in a tie and there would be a re-vote, where they probably would have voted him out. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I deleted too and didn't pay attention during the credits.  Did Kellyn vote for Laurel and Michael?  She said she was going to put two on Laurel.  We saw Laurel vote for Kellyn.  I assume Michael voted for Wendell.  The two guys put two votes on Michael and I assumed Kellyn put the two on Laurel?

Yes. Kellyn voted for Laurel twice. If Michael had voted for Laurel he would have been saved.

• Love 4
(edited)

"Wake me up . . . when this season ends . . . "

I had to play catch-up because I was clearing space on the DVR. Seriously, how can Probst sell how awesome this season was at the Reunion? I think he'd wind up getting the Botox injection an hour before, and slam his face into a comically huge pile of cocaine right before the cameras start. Because this season is a friggin' dud. Honestly, I get that Survivor is still a dependable ratings-grabber for CBS, but it's a far cry from the water cooler days.

I like the idea of random draws and two Tribal Councils. Personally, I would've given numbers 1-10 randomly to the players, then tell them to pick a side in numerical order. I don't care about this season, but I can see how it can be a bit unfair. Basically, it's like when they bring in "mercenaries" on The Challenge, and a woman voted into the endgame would have a 50/50 shot of meeting Laurel. She's the one I've been calling "Killbot" for, like, ever.

David's fake idol from S33? Awesome. Totally forgot how stupid Jay was in falling for that. Too bad it didn't "gain power" to become a real idol.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

What kind of name is "Donathon"? I have never heard that name before. 

Anything goes now with names. Perhaps there was a Donald and Jonathan in the family and his name honors them both. Years ago we started calling our friend Ken "Kenjamin" as a joke. We thought, hey, if Ben is Benjamin, then Ken must be Kenjamin. If we had a friend named Ben, we probably would've called him Benneth.

I think the show realized Ghost Island isn't panning out and will drop it as often as possible. They're probably really mad that the teams picking always opt to make the other team pull rocks. That's a huge strategy thing that's been mostly unused.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

"Wake me up . . . when this season ends . . . "

I had to play catch-up because I was clearing space on the DVR. Seriously, how can Probst sell how awesome this season was at the Reunion? I think he'd wind up getting the Botox injection an hour before, and slam his face into a comically huge pile of cocaine right before the cameras start. Because this season is a friggin' dud. Honestly, I get that Survivor is still a dependable ratings-grabber for CBS, bu it's a far cry from the water cooler days.

I like the idea of random draws and two Tribal Councils. Personally, I would've given numbers 1-10 randomly to the players, then tell them to pick a side in numerical order. I don't care about this season, but I can see how it can be a bit unfair. Basically, it's like when they bring in "mercenaries" on The Challenge, and a woman voted into the endgame would have a 50/50 shot of meeting Laurel. She's the one I've been calling "Killbot" for, like, ever.

David's fake idol from S33? Awesome. Totally forgot how stupid Jay was in falling for that. Too bad it didn't "gain power" to become a real idol.

I don think Jay was stupid for falling the fake idol. Apparently, it was a well made idol and even included a real (previously used) immunity idol note. Also, he put the idol in a marked coconut. I would have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. 

• Love 12

Of course Naviti has the numbers in BOTH tribe splits and Malolo in the minority. Whatever. I'm sick of the Naviti's getting their way especially Dom, Kellyn, and Wendell. As soon as Dom went looking for an idol, I knew he would find something. It sucks to lose Michael as he was the one I was rooting for, but Jenna has been such a non-entity that her boot didn't really matter to me. There isn't anyone to root for now, except Donathan and Laurel. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Donathan did need his idol. If he had given it to Jenna he and Sebastian would have been tied with one vote each. On revote he would have been gone just like Michael.

Exactly.  The tribe majority wanted to vote for Donathan or Jenna. With Jenna immune, the revote would have landed on Donathan, without a doubt.  With the added irony of Jenna’s original vote putting him in that position.

When Donathan said in his interview that he didn’t want to be like that guy who neglected to use his idol on a friend who could have helped him out later on, I was yelling at the screen: “Don’t be like that guy who used his idol on a friend who voted him out instead!”  He came so close to being Erik The Sequel.  I’m really glad he didn’t. 

• Love 10

So now there's 8 people left and it's going to be very obvious when the "Naviti Strong" don't target Laurel and Donathan that Laurel and Donathan are in a side alliance with someone.  So it looks like it's going to be Wendell/Dom/Laurel/Donathan against Kellyn and her "Naviti girls" Chelsea, Angela, and... the one who is so memorable that I'm completely drawing a blank on her name.  Seriously, can't remember who she is.

I really have no desire to see the presumed Battle Royale between Dominick and Kellyn.  Just don't care who wins.  I might save myself some time and just quit now.

Pretty boring episode. It was obvious who was going home.  I’m waiting to see whether Dom or Wendell turn on each other. Dom is starting to get an overwhelming winner’s edit, so I hope Wendell comes out on top so as to not make it obvious. Though I’m cool with anyone but Kellyn winning. At this point, I’d be shocked if one of Dom,Wendell, or Laurel don’t win. Unfortunately for Donathon, I don’t think the jury will respect his game enough to vote for him. 

• Love 4

Whomp whomp. I figured Michael would be gone tonight, even if this two TC twist hadn't happened. When they got into their new 'tribes', Michael was even more screwed. There was no way the show could have convinced me anyone but him would have been voted out tonight from the orange tribe. At no point did I actually think Laurel would be going home. Boo on you show for getting rid of my eye candy (I try to feel less icky by telling myself he's like 19 by now...). I don't know why they thought of him as such a threat. He was pretty mediocre at the immunity challenges except for almost but not really at all being close to beating Angela at the eating contest. 

I could totally imagine Kellyn as being the type of "good" girl that just snaps and kills someone and while she's getting arrested and having the bloody knife taken away from her, she'd be saying something like "Naviti strong! We were one tribe! I did it for Naviti!". She'd fit in great with a cult. 

Bye Jenna! I'll basically only remember you as the girl with the stained yellow bottoms. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Donathan confused me and terrified me tonight.  LOL.  It was actually a pretty straightforward show and yet I had trouble following.  We had champagne at work and I'm so drowsy.  I had to keep reminding myself that even if Donathan played the idol for Jenna, he'd still be safe, because Sebastian and Chelsea were voting for Jenna (right?

I was confused too, wasn't there 1 vote for Donathan & 1 vote for Sebastian, & everybody else voted for Jenna? If that's what it was & Donathan gave Jenna the idol, she would be safe, but then there would have to be a tie breaker Donathan & Sebastian, & then Donathan would be in danger, right? Or have I remembered it all wrong? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, wtf was that all about anyway? The plan was set, what were they discussing?

I assume one was talking the other down from blindsiding Kellyn.  Not sure which was which though. 

• Love 1

So onto the contestants:

Jenna-  What the hell was your endgame? Even  if you made Donathon look like a fool, then what? You'd still be gone the next episode. Very dumb plan on your part.

Michael- Not a bad plan.  You fooled at least one person and likely finally succeeded in opening up a crack in Naviti. Too bad you won't be around to benefit. Truth be told, I think if you would've made it past this tribal, it would've been game over

Chelsea- Keep winning immunities, girl. It's your only hope.

Kellyn- I have never seen someone torpedo their game as hard as you have in the past two weeks. You booted an ally, gave up your advantage and you have nothing to show for it. Also for the love of god, please stop playing to the cameras, it's getting old. Also if it's not apparent to you by now, Dom/ Wendell just aren't that into you.

Sebastian- You can go join your girlfriend in ponderosa any time now.

Angela- She needs to make it to the final show. Her solemn face while everybody around her plots is just hilarious to me.

Donathon-  Very good idol play, pity that Jenna refused to play along. 

Laurel-  You might want to start working on other options. Yea, Wendell has your back but it's only to a certain extent.

Dom- You're playing quite the game. Hope that whisperfest with Wendell at the end doesn't come back to bite you.

Wendell-  Might want to start separating yourself from Dom. Otherwise, he's going to take all the credit for your hard work.

• Love 11
(edited)

I didn't love Michael, not as charismatic or well-spoken as my favorite underdogs, but I'll admit he grew on me. For eighteen years old, he seems incredibly mature and I really respect that. I particularly like how he laughed off Donathan's rejection of his idol plan, "That wasn't the answer I wanted." 

The strangest thing about this season isn't that they have a bad cast. It's how virtually every production decision this season has emphasized how bad this cast has been. Like the two tribes split could have been an interesting idea... except when you have such a boring, undefined group that's going through a slow motion pagonging. So we're left with no real idea why anything is happening except that once again, this group of people continues to vote along tribal lines. Tribal lines that formed like the first six days they were originally together. 

This season has been so bad that I'm almost having an ironic appreciation for it. It's almost the platonic ideal of a bad Survivor season, where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, loki567 said:

he strangest thing about this season isn't that they have a bad cast. It's how virtually every production decision this season has emphasized how bad this cast has been. Like the two tribes split could have been an interesting idea... except when you have such a boring, undefined group that's going through a slow motion pagonging.

Im just wondering how the hell did they get all the memorable people on one split and all the boring unmemorable people on the other. These splits have all been weird

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I will be so happy when I never have to hear the words Malolo or Naviti ever again. They both still have no meaning to me.

Amen, amen, amen!

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dom is so cool and logical. 

To Kellyn: "So ask him to show you the idol then." Kellyn: (Panicking noises). 

Why was she crying about Michael leaving LOL?????   Cuz he's hot and she hates Laurel?  Weirdo.  Like he IS hot but.... IDK.  I'm surprised she'd have a crush on this guy but yeah I have to remind myself she doesn't KNOW he's not or barely legal.  LOL

Yeah last week she was so SURE Des was telling her the truth and Laurel was lying.  This week she was so SURE Michael had an idol because ... well ... he said he did and he would never lie to her, right.  Just like Des would never lie to her.  And why would she ever think to trouble Michael to show her the idol.  God, she is dumb. 

Years later at the reading of the Last Will and Testament of Kellyn:  "... and on my tombstone I want carved Naviti Strong!"  (Grand Kids: "Grandma always seemed a little out of it.  She used to wander around the house mumbling that strange phrase over and over again under her breath.  Who knows what it means").

And Dom was really cool too by saying he can read people -- which he can -- so he knew Michael didn't have the idol.  Someone else would have spilled the beans that he found the new idol that isn't an idol so that was why he knew but he didn't give it away.  Props.

Love Dom and the other three (Laurel, Wendall and Donathan) and like other posters here I'd love to see one of them win it all and would be happy with any of these four.

But back to Kellyn.  She was probably crying because (1) she had read the situation totally wrong (again, see Des above) and so went against Dom and Wendell so they won't trust her any more and (2) she finally realizes that Laurel is allied with them.  Also she wasted the extra vote.  I'd like to think that she also wept in a moment of self-enlightenment about how dumb she has been playing the game but I don't believe she would ever realize that.

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Donathan did need his idol. If he had given it to Jenna he and Sebastian would have been tied with one vote each. On revote he would have been gone just like Michael.

Excellent point  you and some others made.  He didn't waste his idol at all.  He would have been  gone in the re-vote had he played it for that Jenna (who I don't even remember) who laughed at him going to save her as she voted for him.

Also Donathan may well have saved Laurel by not letting Michael show around that idol.

It was also kind of funny to see "Sea Bass" look totally surprised to see someone wrote down his name.  Like he assumed Donathan would be voting himself out?  Either that or Sebastian was so stoned he forgot his nickname and was trying to figure out who voted for a fish.

5 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Dom and Wendell reminded me of my former coworkers who were close friends but loved to pick on each other. I don't understand why everyone who didn't have an idol wasn't searching for one. At this stage you can't depend on someone to save you. It's a good Chelsea keeps winning immunity or else she would be invisible.

There's a Chelsea? And she won an immunity or two you say?  I had no idea.

5 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

There is something that's been bothering me all season.

What kind of name is "Donathon"? I have never heard that name before. But for some reason, there now seems to be all kinds of names that are combinations of two other usual names. Like "Donathon" could be Donald combined with Jonathon. I guess people are starting to get tired of the same old names.

Actually someone posted in an earlier episode thread that that is kind of a traditional name in that area of the country aka eastern Kentucky and parts of West Virginia and that they knew one or more people with that first name in real life.  Who said Survivor isn't educational.

1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I could totally imagine Kellyn as being the type of "good" girl that just snaps and kills someone and while she's getting arrested and having the bloody knife taken away from her, she'd be saying something like "Naviti strong! We were one tribe! I did it for Naviti!". She'd fit in great with a cult.

Totally hilarious yet true. Just had to re-post this because I can see it in my imagination.  Thanks for the laugh.

Edited by green
  • Love 16

calvin-and-hobbes-borrring-153x189.jpg?r

It would have been something if Donathan got voted out by his own idol, or Kellyn had successfully eliminated Laurel; not that I don't like them (I find them both roughly the same amount of bland as the rest of the cast, but it's not like I wanted them to go home) but at least it would have been an event, instead of two non-events. 

They really, really tried to save Michael this time -- give him twice as good a chance, in a bicep-centric challenge much like the lifts he doubtless does at home.  But to no avail.  Oh well, he'll be back.  Kellyn was surely crying not because she'll miss Michael, but because it has hit her that her game is garbage, she totally wasted her extra vote, and she has no chance at all.

All these people are just boring, even Dom and Wendell by now tbh.  I wish we could just get it over with.

• Love 3

The editors continue to show us every spacey Sea Bass moment:  "We should get a ripe papaya and make sweet rice."  Hee! The Munchies are a bitch!

I knew absolutely nothing about Jenna until she had that conversation with Donathan but damn if I didn't go from zero to HAAATE in no time at all.  Who's the dumbass now, Jenna?               Anyone except Kellyn, for the win.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Prin Holmes said:

Of course he is.  He's in control.  Can you see or imagine him that way if he's not?  Nope.

This season seems like it's been going on forever so I may be misremembering but wasn't Dom on the wrong side of the numbers early on in the game, during the original Chris/Dom war?  I seem to remember him being very calm and strategic, no freak outs or anything.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, LanceM said:

Great for Chelsea to win another immunity!  Bad on the editors not even given her a confessional.  I seriously don't get it.  I mean I don't expect her to get a ton of content but this is ridiculous.

Ugh. I so wanted to see Kellyn go.  I think she is being set up for a big fall. But sadly we are going to have wait atleast another week.

Chelsea is probably the next easy target once she doesn't win immunity.  Kellyn was the one who could have tried to shake things up, Laurel and Donathan have been comfortable with Domenick and Wendell. 

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Apparently, it was a well made idol and even included a real (previously used) immunity idol note. Also, he put the idol in a marked coconut.

Yeah, you had to do a microscopic examination of it to realize it was fake (apparently the note still had Gen X tribe colors on it).

The brief moment of joy I got from seeing those clips -- and what a good sport Jay was about being fooled -- is just emphasizing how meh this season is, to me. I got the same "oh wow, remember that good season!" feeling with Micronesia and the stick, James and his two idols and while Game Changers wasn't my favorite, it had some unbelievable moments -- courtesy of its cursed items. In retrospect, I think it was a mistake to include those clips -- you don't want to be reminding people of superior seasons. Man, even Tai and Scot -- as heinous as I found that season -- actually provided a more dramatic moment than anything that's happened so far this season, for me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, green said:

Yeah last week she was so SURE Des was telling her the truth and Laurel was lying.  This week she was so SURE Michael had an idol because ... well ... he said he did and he would never lie to her, right.  Just like Des would never lie to her.

All this evidence means nothing to Kellyn, she continues to trust in her great intuitive powers  in the face of endless failures.  She's like the lottery players who only remember the times they've won.

4 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Angela- She needs to make it to the final show. Her solemn face while everybody around her plots is just hilarious to me.

I would love to see her glare her way to the finals!  Last night, I think I might have found a clue to why she gets so little air time -- she looks straight into the camera a good bit. 

As much as I like Wendell and Dom, it would serve them (and everyone else) right, if Chelsea went on an immunity run and won the game for it. I wasn't a particular Michael fan, but I had to shake my head over the rush to get out this huge, "immunity threat," while the real ones were hiding in plain sight.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

What I don't understand is that Donathan should have been fairly certain that Michael didn't have an idol since he asked to borrow his to make people think he had one.  Why didn't Donathan and Laurel have a conversation about what is going on in their half of the tribe?  I was waiting for Laurel to tell him that people think Michael has an idol and then Donathan say he doesn't.  

I was thinking this too and maybe they did have a conversation but we weren't shown it.  I don't think there's any way Donathan didn't tell Laurel that Michael asked to borrow his idol.  Donathan is a lot smarter than he sounds.  (I texted that to my son and he corrected by saying he's smarter than he's being edited.)  Still, unless he and/or Laurel start making moves they are both toast.  (Incidentally, regarding his unusual name I recently came across someone with Donathan as her last name.  So, there's that.)

8 hours ago, blackwing said:

I wish Michael had talked to Laurel at least and they could have put two votes on Kellyn.  Michael still would have gone home with only Dom and Wendell voting, but I'm confused as to why he didn't even talk to her.

I wish Michael had told both Laurel and Kellyn that he voted for Wendell.  Good luck figuring out why your allies voted for you, ladies.

Did Probst say how the teams were split up at the beginning?  It sucks that Naviti has gotten every advantage all season.

I agree about the terrible cast and poor production decisions.  Chelsea has won 2 immunities and yet we know nothing about her.  Sebastian?  Angela?  They've disappeared into the sand.

• Love 3

Dom and Wendell are using the other Naviti the way Richard used Sean. Dom and Wendell know that they are safe because Kellyn, Sea Bass, and Chelsea are so bought into the idiocy that is Naviti strong. I think the three of them were all coached by Dan Foley before the season began. They were taught to blindly stay with their majority and not flip because flipping is bad. So instead of one idiot voting people out alphabetically or chanting "No flipping" we have three blind sheep chanting Naviti Strong. And the Mixed Alliance is using that to their benefit. Dom, Wendell are perfectly confident that the other Naviti will vote the way that they want, Michael and Jenna, so there is no drama around camp.

Well, there is some drama because Kellyn is an idiot and bought into Michael's idol talk. I am some what sympathetic to Kellyn's plight. Michael has found and played two idols. He spun a beautiful story for the first idol. He talks a great game and there is just enough truth in his BS that people believe him. Then again, Kellyn is an idiot because she did not ask to see Michael's idol. Granted, Michael would have said no and gave the same answer he gave Dom at tribal but she should have asked. That said, Kellyn did not listen to Dom's advice and bought Michael's story. She burned her advantage and managed to show Dom and Wendell that she did not trust them. Hell, they were even targeting the person that she wanted targeted.

I have no problem with Donathon playing his idol. He probably would not have played it had Dom or Wendell been on his tribe because Donathon would have known what they were doing. Donathon was not there when the three Naviti spoke to each other and said they were voting Jenna but lying to her and telling her Donathon. We did not see any other conversation between the three Naviti. Sea Bass might be annoyed that he got a vote but they voted out Jenna and managed to flush a hidden idol that they had no clue was in play. That goes down as a good tribal.

I am sad to see Michael go. He was a solid player. He played down pretty much the entire game but gave it his all. He played hard in challenges and did his best to change his hand even though his efforts failed. He did not get overly upset or personal in his game play. He tried to get Malolo to work as a group but that did not work. I still have no idea why Malolo failed to work together after the first swap. It was more then Naviti Strong, Malolo stopped voting together after the first two votes after the swap. It destroyed them. Over all, I was impressed that an 18 year old played with such poise and calm.

I am fine with Jenna going. He stand out moments were a conversation about the smell of her hair and calling Donathon and idiot. She did nothing in the game and I don't think she would have done much more if she had been on Naviti and not Malolo.

• Love 14

Next week will be interesting to see off-the-island Michael.  It will probably be disappointing.

Having one IC and two TC in one ep truly IS boring because that means a whole lot of talking...and talking...and talking.

Regardless.  I can hate the cast, or the twists, or Peachy’s yammering, but it will never diminish my love for this show.  I’ll never quit you!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

This season seems like it's been going on forever so I may be misremembering but wasn't Dom on the wrong side of the numbers early on in the game, during the original Chris/Dom war?  I seem to remember him being very calm and strategic, no freak outs or anything.

Yes and you're right.  The only kind of weird thing he did was in the premiere, when he said something against Chris which started the Chris vs Dom war for all ages.  But Dom ended up being the cool one in the war, and Chris ended up being Suavey and Booted.

I personally don't hate the cast, or the show.  I'm liking it just fine.  It's obviously not the best season ever, but I am enjoying it every week.  This season is like a slow play.  It's fine all the time and it's never horrible (personal opinion). 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15

Well, I knew my streak of satisfying boots had to come to an end some time. I was, of course, disappointed to see Michael go. I was really hoping that Kellyn's freakout would cause her to go home, but I can understand why the others wanted him out. Just please, please send that annoying woman home next week??? 

Anyone else squicked out by how she fawned over Michael at TC? 

I don't care about Jenna, but it could have been brilliant if she would have worked with Donathan and he played his Idol for her, and Sebastian went home. The underdog in me just WANTS to see the tables turned like that! As it is, Donathan wasted his Idol. Ho hum. 

I really like the idea of Dom being given a trick Idol, like the one David used on Jay. I hope we get to see more of that next week. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, green said:

It was also kind of funny to see "Sea Bass" look totally surprised to see someone wrote down his name.  Like he assumed Donathan would be voting himself out?  Either that or Sebastian was so stoned he forgot his nickname and was trying to figure out who voted for a fish.

This post made me laugh way too hard. Also, I'm going to go with the latter. 

28 minutes ago, Xcptnl said:

Donathan did not waste his idol.  

You're right. I was mistaken to originally state this. I was just so caught up in the idea of he and Jenna voting together and getting one of purple out that I forgot she voted for him. 

• Love 1

So this week somebody named Jenna turned up, was kind of a bitch about things and was voted out, ok. 

Kellyn revealed that she adores Michael's looks but has a bad gut predictor tool. 

Swah vayy hair not so much on Chris and Des has a sock dress.

47 minutes ago, Xcptnl said:

He did not. But if he and Jenna had teamed up instead of going against each other they could of gotten Sebastian out. This happens alot, the 2 people at the bottom go against each other instead of trying to work together. I guess it makes sense though, better them than you. If Donathan/Jenna voted for the same person and they had a for sure idea which of them Naviti was voting for they could of outed a Naviti. Kinda the opposite with Micheal. His vote for Wendell was so stupid. He doesn't know Laurel is with Dom/Wendell. He assumes it's him or Laurel going home. He could of voted for Laurel thinking if at least one of the Naviti people think he actually has in idol it could be Laurel instead. Even throw the vote to Kellyn if you aren't sure cuz at least there is a chance she will get more than one vote. Why throw a vote at Wendell who you know no one is voting for.  Hell, as soon as Dom and Wendell started whispering I would of said, "Hey Kellyn/Laurel...lets just vote Wendell since these two are so obviously a pair." Now Laurel wouldn't of done that but Michael again doesn't know they are aligned. It would of at least been something. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I will be so happy when I never have to hear the words Malolo or Naviti ever again. They both still have no meaning to me.

I'm confused by the first TC. I was so happy that Donathan played his idol for himself because I thought they were all voting for him but it turns out he didn't need it after all. Did they all decide to switch their votes to Jenna and we just didn't see that conversation or was I just not paying attention and missed it? Either way, I'm happy with the outcome. He seemed like such a yokel at first but Donathan's been playing a good, low-key game. I loved when Michael asked to borrow his idol and he responded with an immediate, flat-out no. Heh. 

Sad to see Michael go. 

Jenna was the real target from the start, they told her they were voting Donathan and she had every intention of voting him too. I did get a little nervous that he would play his idol for her and wind up in a tie with Sebastian, but that would have been interesting. Jenna's invisible self going home was kind of a non-event. 

I'm not sure I believe that she went in fully convinced that the idol was being played for her (so many times, we see a scene like this and exit interviews indicate that the person knew it wasn't going to happen), but it sure seemed that way with her rushing the vote. 

did Dom find another real one?  Also, what is the point of Ghost Island if it isn’t going to be used every ep and they are just going to hide idols around camp.

Dom found a real one awhile back that I don't believe he's played yet. He had a real idol, made a fake one, and then got the Legacy Advantage, which he used a few tribals again. I was under the impression that his real one is still around. 

Very sorry to see Michael go in such a crappy twist. Nowhere to hide in a group that small when you've been a target for weeks and that particular group of people was the very worst draw he could have been a part of. If he and Donathan were switched, I think we could possibly have seen Kellyn go and if the Jenna vote stayed locked on the other side, it would have been a happy episode for me! 

My stupid DVR always cuts the end off, who voted for who? Did Kellyn put one on Laurel and one on Michael? 

• Love 1

When one of them goes hunting for an idol, you know that most of the time they would be successful cause the cameraman is filming it...so there goes the suspense. I can't stand Dominic, he is arrogant and so sure of himself. Sick of him always saying I am going to win because of my wife and family, like some of the others don't have any. Lets face it, they want that million for themselves, and if they have a family, so they would reap with the win. I hope we are not going to be setup for another 'idiot' falling for the fake idol, that Dom got. The first time, it was a lulu...but please don't repeat that again. ..and be prepared for next week show, when 'family's' visit  them ....i hate that segment...everybody crying like its only been a month or so away from them...how would they react if they were away from them for a couple of years  like our boys are doing in the war?

36 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

1 hour ago, Xcptnl said:

You're right. I was mistaken to originally state this. I was just so caught up in the idea of he and Jenna voting together and getting one of purple out that I forgot she voted for him. 

He did waste it though. Even though Jenna voted for him, if he had not played the idol at all Jenna would still have been voted out with 3 votes.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

So this week somebody named Jenna turned up, was kind of a bitch about things and was voted out, ok. 

Kellyn revealed that she adores Michael's looks but has a bad gut predictor tool. 

Swah vayy hair not so much on Chris and Des has a sock dress.

and, Kellyn had take a shower once she found out Michael was only 18 and she was crushing on him. Too funny!!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, zscore said:

He did waste it though. Even though Jenna voted for him, if he had not played the idol at all Jenna would still have been voted out with 3 votes.

That means that Donathon had to have a good reason to trust that the Naviti were being honest with him and sending Jenna home. The Naviti were going to tell both Donathon and Jenna that they were going to vote for the other person. Donathon and Jenna knew that. Jenna believed the Naviti and thought that Donathon was going home. She relished voting for Donathon and watching him go home after playing his idol for her. Donathon did not believe the Naviti and played his idol. Donathon did get one vote, from Jenna, and had good reason to believe that he might be the target.

What had Jenna done all game?  Nothing. Donathon knows he is allied with Dom and Wendell. Donathon knows that he has helped Dom and Wendell avoid trouble. Donathon is not certain in the Naviti have figured out that Donathon is aligned with Wendell and Dom. Honestly, Donathon would have been the better person to vote out but that is based on what we have seen at home. Clearly, Laurel and Donathon's connections with Wendell and Dom are pretty well hidden because the Naviti should have voted out Donathon since he is in a tight alliance and has been instrumental in more then a few votes. Donathon knows that but the Naviti do not.

So it made sense for Donathon to play the idol for himself. He would have been the better boot. And he got a vote. I don't think it was a bad play on his part.

• Love 6
(edited)

I like both Dom and Wendell but I don't understand why some of these goats don't try to vote one of them out to split up the most obvious alliance.  Michael should have made a pitch for that.  Probably would not have worked but he was going anyway.    Kellyn is shrill and playing an overly emotional game to me.  She is very dramatic about every little thing.   Saw Michael going from a mile away.   I could not even remember who Jenna was until they voted her out.  

Edited by penbrat
  • Love 2

I think I now know all of their names. That took awhile.

I am sure that Michael will be back. He played a good game. Donathon is surprising me as well. Glad he didn't give up his idol to either Michael or whatever the heck her name was.

I actually liked the episode. Who voted from who (or is it whom?) in the first orange tribe vote?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Donathon is surprising me as well. Glad he didn't give up his idol to either Michael

Forgot to mention last night that this moment had me cracking up. I liked Michael but I'm not going to lie, I fell over laughing at Donthan's quick, "no...", while calmly sitting with his legs crossed, when Michael made his pitch. 

• Love 6

Jenna voted for Donathon

Donathon voted for Sea Bass

Sea Bass, Chelsea, and someone else who I am totally forgetting voted for Jenna.

Jenna went home.

Angela. I spaced on Angela's name

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Wait, they didn't each get a video?

Nope, they merged their Ponderosa but it was four or five minutes longer then the other Ponderosa's. I suspect that it was simply easier then trying to do two individual shoots and whatever in between tribal councils. They both had fun in their video, it is posted in Ponderosa, but I suspect that Michael disappeared with Jenna for most of the Ponderosa time and I am not certain that Jenna is all that exciting on her own.