Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E11: The Finish Line Is In Sight

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Reminder: there is NO preview talk in episode threads.  Any mention of the previews in your posts will cause the posts to be removed.  Previews can be discussed in the Preview & Speculation thread.

Damn! Feel so bad for Michael to go out like that!

And ouch on Jenna's "nobody hugged me."  She didn't get final words either. Kinda bye, Felicia.

• Love 15

I don't like this "twist" at all.

Goodbye and good riddance RBF Jenna.  You could have bounced Sea Bass.  Not sure if Sea Bass leaving would have helped her much, but it's 3 more days and too bad she spooked Don into playing his idol.  

Kellyn has a crush!  Wtf was with that vote?  Bye Michael.  Couldn't survive the last idiotic "swap" bullshit.

Ponderosa is spared Kellyn for 3 more days.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Damn! Feel so bad for Michael to go out like that!

And ouch on Jenna's "nobody hugged me."  She didn't get final words either. Kinda bye, Felicia.

I find it amusing that Jenna was virtually invisible all season until tonight, only to look kind of like a crazy flirt, then gets voted off and fittingly doesn't even get any final words.

• Love 6
(edited)

Donathan confused me and terrified me tonight.  LOL.  It was actually a pretty straightforward show and yet I had trouble following.  We had champagne at work and I'm so drowsy.  I had to keep reminding myself that even if Donathan played the idol for Jenna, he'd still be safe, because Sebastian and Chelsea were voting for Jenna (right? I don't even remember how it ended up.)  I really like Donathan's hairstyle.  He looks pretty cool before he starts talking.

Dom is so cool and logical. 

To Kellyn: "So ask him to show you the idol then." 
Kellyn: (Panicking noises). 

Why was she crying about Michael leaving LOL?????   Cuz he's hot and she hates Laurel?  Weirdo.  Like he IS hot but.... IDK.  I'm surprised she'd have a crush on this guy but yeah I have to remind myself she doesn't KNOW he's not or barely legal.  LOL

Wendell's so handsome!

DcO75u_V0AAdJBM.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

did Dom find another real one?  Also, what is the point of Ghost Island if it isn’t going to be used every ep and they are just going to hide idols around camp.

No, it was weird. They actually gave him a fake one to try and use. Thanks, Producers.

And I have been saying that for awhile about Ghost Island.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I didn’t pay much attention to Jenna. It was crappy of Donathan to say he was giving her his idol and then he didn’t. I don’t blame him though. I will miss Michael, he played well for an 18 year old.

I want to see Naveti fall apart so bad. Hope it happens next week and they finally get rid of Kellyn. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Dang it, Donathan, why couldn't you have just let Michael flash your idol around a bit? Nobody would have known (well...I guess except Laurel...). I just wanted to keep Michael. But, at least we"ll see him on the jury.  And he tried tonight, just wasn't much he could do with that tribal draw.

Did we see all the votes in the first tribal? Wondering whether Donathan needed to play that idol...and whether playing it for Jenna instead would have sent him home. 

Really finding it ridiculous that Dom found an advantage on top of the idol he still has.

Edited by cherbitrary
I really can't type the right letters on my phone!
  • Love 7

Great for Chelsea to win another immunity!  Bad on the editors not even given her a confessional.  I seriously don't get it.  I mean I don't expect her to get a ton of content but this is ridiculous.

Ugh. I so wanted to see Kellyn go.  I think she is being set up for a big fall. But sadly we are going to have wait atleast another week.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I find it amusing that Jenna was virtually invisible all season until tonight, only to look kind of like a crazy flirt, then gets voted off and fittingly doesn't even get any final words.

I had finally figured out who she was just THIS WEEK!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I had to keep reminding myself that even if Donathan played the idol for Jenna, he'd still be safe, because Sebastian and Chelsea were voting for Jenna (right? I don't even remember how it ended up.)

I don't think it's for sure he would have been safe. He'd be tied with Sea Bass with one vote a piece, and probably lose the revote.

I'm just as glad he used it on himself.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, SHD said:

Needy contestants this season - Jenna's "Nobody hugged me" then Laurel's "Nobody said I was pretty." Sheesh.

They have no friends or family out there.  I'd need for things too.  (Haha.  The show is called Survivor!)

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode - it was suspenseful, especially the second tribal. I wish Donathan would have held on to his idol, but maybe he'll find another.

Domenick found a past fake idol (the one David made and Jay used) and it's still a fake idol.

I was worried somehow Laurel would end up going home, but once she made it through the first vote, I knew she was safe. Wendell and Dom would vote for Michael. I wonder who Kellyn voted for the second time. They only showed one vote each at the end and Kellyn's was the second vote that she used during the first voting session. She was sure obnoxious at tribal. Saying how Michael was nice to look at. So did she vote for Laurel because of idol fear or because Michael is supposedly cuter? Laurel was pretty calm.

By the way, Domenick committed the unforgivable sin - he said "Wendell and I's." However that does make him a perfect candidate for The Bachelor or Bachelorette.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, SHD said:

Needy contestants this season - Jenna's "Nobody hugged me" then Laurel's "Nobody said I was pretty." Sheesh.

Laurel didn't care, she was just saying it.

Milestone - Domenick is the first man to win individual immunity this season and actually since last season some time.

Maybe Kellyn will find the coconut idol Domenick hid!!! That would be the best ever!

By the way, Kellyn's gut told her that Michael had an idol. Go, Kellyn's gut! It predicts the opposite of reality. So if she tells me her gut says I'm going to lose my job and go bankrupt, I'll probably do quite well.

Donathan shouldn't have told Jenna that he'd play his idol for her. He lost a jury vote from her (should he make it that far). But good for him refusing to let Michael hold it for a while. What if Michael didn't give it back?

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And once again, that four of Donathan/Laurel/Wendell/Dominik continues to be telegraphed. I actually really hope they can keep it together long enough to make it to the end. I like all four and really wouldn't care that much who wins. 

Me too - but Dom has dropped to the bottom of my list for starting that bullshit whispering at TC,  I hate that.

• Love 6
Just now, princelina said:

Me too - but Dom has dropped to the bottom of my list for starting that bullshit whispering at TC,  I hate that.

Really. If you were Laurel or Kellyn (or anyone else for that matter) wouldn't you be worried about their obvious bromance?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Damn that was a really amazing episode (side bar but still can't believe this show never won an Emmy but freaking The Voice has), even though it had me sick to my stomach for most of the second half. So glad both Donathan and Laurel made it through. I liked Michael, but when it came down to it, I realized that I would have been really upset to see Laurel screwed over due to annoying ass Kellyn's paranoia. Once I realized that even with her two votes, Michael and Laurel would probably tie in the votes, I figured it was fine because they'd just get Michael on the re-vote. Speaking of Kellyn, man could that chick get any more annoying. And for fuck's sake - enough with the damn Naviti strong crap. And Naviti strong my ass since that conversation between Wendell and Laurel made it clear that Wendell's ready to boot Kellyn anytime. And that just made me laugh.l 

So, so glad Donathan didn't make that mistake of playing his idol for Jenna. Yes, in the end, I guess you can say it was wasted because they were voting for Jenna but the fact is, it was a toss up. They knew it was either him or Jenna so I can't fault him for playing the idol when he didn't feel secure. But especially happy that Jenna got to leave with that smug on her face. What most got me about Jenna is that there is all the talk about Malolo's being down in the numbers. Donathan says he's willing to play the idol for her and they can get rid of Sebastian.

She knows Donathan does indeed have an idol and instead of considering the option, thinking that it could put them down the road in a better position, she just smugly calls him a moron and happily falls in line with what she thought the Naviti's were doing. Well you clearly weren't as smart as you thought you were there girl and so much for that bond with Sebastian and Chelsea. And even the way she was talking, "they want to keep me around over Donathan". It didn't even sound like a solid alliance. So again, she was willing to forgo a chance to get a member of the alliance with the bigger numbers to just hang around until what, Sebastian and Chelsea didn't want her there again? Awesome plan. The only thing that kept me hopeful that Donathan wasn't going to blow the idol on her and end up being the one to go home, is the fact that they showed her being so smug and obnoxious about him. Producers don't usually show that stuff when things work out exactly as one expects.

And once again, that four of Donathan/Laurel/Wendell/Dominik continues to be telegraphed. I actually really hope they can keep it together long enough to make it to the end. I like all four and really wouldn't care that much who wins. 

I'd rather that F4 get broken up. This season is getting fucking boring, of fucking Course Dom and Wendell get more power and Don and Laurel just play for them. Why are these idiots not trying to break up Dom and Wendell. I'm bout to say fuck this season. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Donathan shouldn't have told Jenna that he'd play his idol for her. He lost a jury vote from her (should he make it that far). But good for him refusing to let Michael hold it for a while. What if Michael didn't give it back?

I feel like Michael would have given it back. But, I wonder if he could have just let him borrow half? Then it wouldn't have done Michael any good to keep it, really. Just hate it when my favorites go out :(

• Love 6

I am thrilled.  No more of the overrated bore, Michael, being slobbered all over week after week for average, obvious moves.  I have never seen anyone more overrated than he, and the resulting heartbreak from his loss (which I think I will enjoy over these next few days) makes this even better.

It's a real pity they gave Jenna so little air time this season.  She seemed nice enough, though, so I will miss her, at least.

Decent episode if only because of Michael finally being voted out.

• Love 3

Why the fuck did Dom and Wendell have a dick swinging contest at IC challenge. Why the fuck are they sailing through and people don't attempt to break them up? Can we FF to the end with one of them winning this is getting Boring. And what was with Laurel " I need Dom and Wendell to save me I can't play without my bosses in the game I MUST PLAY FOR THEM

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Really. If you were Laurel or Kellyn (or anyone else for that matter) wouldn't you be worried about their obvious bromance?

Dom and Wendell are my favourites, but they were really annoying me at the Immunity Challenge.  It was like this terribly acted play where they were trying to make everyone think they're not as close as they really are.  By like the fourth or fifth go of it I wanted somebody to scream ENOUGH!  WE GET IT!  As if it mattered which one of them won.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Really?   Hahahahah.  She lied straight to his face and then attempted to vote him out!  And she loved it the whole way.  I don't think it was "crappy" of Donathan I just think it was "really dumb" for him to suggest it.  I'm so glad he didn't give it to Michael, and I'm so glad he didn't give it to Jenna.  I WAS TERRIFIED.

4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Jenna had no loyalty to Donathan and planned to vote him out and said he was an idiot when she thought he would play the idol for her, so he did the right thing.

Oops! My bad! I actually missed the part where Jenna said she’d vote Donathan off. Just rewatched that part of the episode. Now I’m glad she got voted off. Donathan is playing this game better than I first thought he would. 

• Love 9

I sort of loved dividing them into two tribes. It felt like the producers being like "You people are obsessed with your original tribes? Now you can compete like it."

And oh, when I saw that coconut, I knew that was Jay's fake idol, and I sort of loved that it's still a fake idol. Jay played the fool at the end, and it makes sense that to "reverse the curse" of his idol, you get to see if you can make someone else play the fool, too. (the question is will Jeff still toss David's work of art into the fire again?)

I'm amazed Jeff didn't give that first tribe the middle finger when they wanted to stop discussion and vote right away. It looked like he was barely holding back.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Prin Holmes said:

I am thrilled.  No more of the overrated bore, Michael, being slobbered all over week after week for average, obvious moves.  I have never seen anyone more overrated than he, and the resulting heartbreak from his loss (which I think I will enjoy over these next few days) makes this even better.

It's a real pity they gave Jenna so little air time this season.  She seemed nice enough, though, so I will miss her, at least.

Decent episode if only because of Michael finally being voted out.

Michael made obvious moves, but at least he made moves. Jenna made NO moves. See ya, Jenna. Won't miss her a bit.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Michael made obvious moves, but at least he made moves.

And other than his one successful idol play, all of them failed.  Whoops.  Overrated.

Still endlessly delighted he is gone, and that is not going to change.

Edited by Prin Holmes
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, wtf was that all about anyway? The plan was set, what were they discussing?

I like to think they were trying to make Kellyn paranoid and were just doing a 'pss pss pss" into each other's ears.  Otherwise, I have no idea.  Unless it was to be two overconfident jerks.  But I still like them.  In reality, the only person I'd absolutely hate to see win right now is Kellyn.  Angela and Chelsea have barely gotten screen time that I can't believe either of them win, but something about Chelsea I like despite her quiet edit (I think it's an unfair edit myself).  Seabass would be hysterical to see win just to see if he even realized he was a game show and won the grand prize.  Laurel's okay, and Donathan would be an okay winner too.  I am still rooting for Wendell or Dom, though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12

How was "No One Hugged Me" not the title over some throwaway line from Dom that really wasn't even true with a lot of players still to whittle down before the finish line materialized.

An editing trick tipped the hand again for the first boot.  All of a sudden after having almost no personality Jenna was edited as a villain five minutes before the tribal council by having her say insulting things about Donathan. There was no way they were going to edit those bits in and let a villain triumph...they wanted to show her get her comeuppance.

Not sure how long the Dom/Wendall alliance will hold. There was some textbook passive aggressiveness going on during that challenge and that was a very half-hearted hug after it was over.

Was very, very scared for Laurel. If she had gone out my interest in the balance of the season would have dropped exponentially without her in the mix. I hope Kellyn keeping her secret gets her on the outs and out of the core alliance.

Ha! Des and her bitch face. I hope she had a good time bunking with her arch-rival Libby.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If I were, I would be indeed.  As a viewer, however, it's the TC whispering that bugs the most :)

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dom and Wendell are my favourites, but they were really annoying me at the Immunity Challenge.  It was like this terribly acted play where they were trying to make everyone think they're not as close as they really are.  By like the fourth or fifth go of it I wanted somebody to scream ENOUGH!  WE GET IT!  As if it mattered which one of them won.

Dom and Wendell reminded me of my former coworkers who were close friends but loved to pick on each other. I don't understand why everyone who didn't have an idol wasn't searching for one. At this stage you can't depend on someone to save you. It's a good Chelsea keeps winning immunity or else she would be invisible.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Prin Holmes said:

And other than who's one successful idol play, all of them failed.  Whoops. Overrated.

Still endlessly delighted he is gone, and that is not going to change.

If it changed, then it wouldn't be endless delight. ;)

I don't believe anyone is trying to get you to change your mind. We're all welcome to share opinions here.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Dom and Wendell reminded me of my former coworkers who were close friends but loved to pick on each other.

18 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Were they trying to fake people out? I just took it as two bros good-naturedly bro-ing it out.

bO7wE72.gif

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I will be so happy when I never have to hear the words Malolo or Naviti ever again. They both still have no meaning to me.

I'm confused by the first TC. I was so happy that Donathan played his idol for himself because I thought they were all voting for him but it turns out he didn't need it after all. Did they all decide to switch their votes to Jenna and we just didn't see that conversation or was I just not paying attention and missed it? Either way, I'm happy with the outcome. He seemed like such a yokel at first but Donathan's been playing a good, low-key game. I loved when Michael asked to borrow his idol and he responded with an immediate, flat-out no. Heh. 

Sad to see Michael go. I very much look forward to Kellyn leaving. She needs to stop giggling after everything she says. Like, dude, you're not nearly as adorable as you think you are. 

I never want to hear Malolo or Naviti “strong” again. That has been the most used & annoying term this season. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Maybe Survivor should mix it up.  Next season can be 18 people playing for individual immunity, and THEN put into tribes later?  Did they ever do anything like that?   I guess it's not really practical, because people must live with each other and sleep next to each other on this island/in this game to not go insane.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

It bothers me that Kellyn didn’t just cross off the “a” in Michaela and make that her Michael vote.  Of course, it’s Kellyn, so if there ever comes a time where she DOESN’T bother me, I’ll know the end times have come.

I already deleted the ep, but if Jenna had voted with Donathan, wouldn’t it have been two Jenna, two Sebastian and one Donathan?  So there would have been a re-vote?  Jenna would still get bounced in that scenario, but still.  Instead of her being resting bitch face come to life, it would have given her a chance instead of just acting like Grumpy Gus in dumb overalls.

• Love 11
(edited)

I was afraid that Donathon would make the horrible mistake of giving away his idol. So glad he didn't ; that accent always makes him sound like a hick to me, but he's actually got some savvy to him ! Poor Jenna-- maybe no one wanted to hug you because you're a heartless witch ( perhaps with a B) who seems to take way too much pleasure in informing us that she would turn on Donathon, seconds after hearing that he might save her. Buh-bye !

Very impressed with Michael- kid has the calmest demeanor I've ever seen on an 18-yr old. Reminds me of my nephew at that age, very smart.

Edited by willco
add a letter
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Forget it ;)

Maybe Survivor should mix it up.  Next season can be 18 people playing for individual immunity, and THEN put into tribes later?  Did they ever do anything like that?   I guess it's not really practical, because people must live with each other and sleep next to each other to not go insane.

At some point they'll probably come to that.  Since they aren't leaving Fiji anytime soon, they are going to need something to fall back on in terms of themes and twists.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Ha! Des and her bitch face.

Hmmm... didn't notice her face actually, I was distracted.

Dom and Wendell are the most obvious power couple evar and yet they continue to hide behind their loyal meat shields and repeat the holy mantra: 'Thou Shalt Stay Niviti Strong!' Kellyn is NOT a good game player and she will soon realize that SHE is the only one who actually believes/cares about it. It's just the easiest play right now for them. I never want to hear it again as blood boils up in my eyes every time I hear them bleat Niviti good Malolo BAAAAAD!!

How was that for a messed up pick of "teams" though? If Kellyn wasn't so hyper and paranoid that one should have been straightforward Michael goes home. I kept screaming at the teevee 'Oh for fuck's sake have him SHOW you the idol!" Oh no... better to get paranoid and believe anything someone NOT in your alliance says when they know they are going home. Figure it out Kellyn!! Arghhh...

Also I loved Sebastian's permanent resting stoned face. Dude is wasted!!

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

At some point they'll probably come to that.  Since they aren't leaving Fiji anytime soon, they are going to need something to fall back on in terms of themes and twists.  

I love how the contestants even commented on the beautiful weather!  I'm happy for them.

There is something that's been bothering me all season.

What kind of name is "Donathon"? I have never heard that name before. But for some reason, there now seems to be all kinds of names that are combinations of two other usual names. Like "Donathon" could be Donald combined with Jonathon. I guess people are starting to get tired of the same old names.

But people better be careful. Can you imagine combining "Blanche" and "Roberta"? You could be named "Blaberta" and that's not too cool. Is it?

"Blanche" and "Reese"?  Breese? Sounds like "Breeze".

"Jack" and "Kass"? Oh well, you get the idea.

• Love 2

Random thoughts on episode 11 "Temporary Tribe Tripe"

• Two tribals and no Ghost Island was intended to give double the air time to Probst the Inquisitor (Really?  You don't want me to ask any more questions?  Fine.  Go vote.  Goats.)
  • A dolt in a dingy bikini (some called her a Libby-wannabe, but who is Libby?) called her only ally an idiot while getting booted by three non-entities in the Temporary Tribe of Unknowns
  • Meanwhile in the Temporary Tribe of Camera Whores, Kellyn votes twice causing the experienced jurors to have to explain to new juror (dingy bikini dolt) that someone had an extra vote.
  • Love 5