Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, Chewy101 said:

I so can't stand Jeff. He is such a Neanderthal, and I'm sick of his chest pounding and screaming all the time. I feel like he's taking Laura down with him. I don't care if they share their food or not, I just find their personalities annoying.

Jeff yes, Laura no.  She figures sticking tight with Jeff now is her best survival strategy for the 60 days (oy!).  They were put together at the start and I don't think it would help her to piss him off.  

I'm feeling some TV karma coming their way, or maybe it's just indigestion 🙂 

• Love 3

I’m mixed on whether or not Jeff and Laura should have shared the eel - at least 2 of the other 4 (James and Gabrielle) completed their individual challenges on their own so those 2 at least have had only themselves to rely on for several days.  The coming attractions indicate they’re going to catch another one so this could get ugly.  At least Laura kept Jeff from yelling when he got the eel.  That was fun to watch. 

I’m wondering how much there really is to find in that jungle.  Charlie didn’t seem to have too much difficulty in finding the snake, did the other group look around for other food as well as fish?

I started out liking Charlie but now I’m not sure anymore.  The others aren’t exactly laying around.  

I was expecting the 2nd group (Jeff, Laura, et al) to arrive at that same cave (the bat cave, lol) but the one they’re at looks nicer. 

• Love 1

I don't get why they wanted to move so soon.  Deplete all those bananas first, while leaving enough time for the extraction.  You don't know what resources are available at a new location.  

I knew that team would be cursed with Rylie.  She just bugs me.  Christina didn't tap out, she was pulled by medical.

Russell comes back from the dead.  Don't eat so much of the fruit, dummy.

I hope Charley doesn't get hurt again.  That knee was so bad looking.  Every time they show him walking I'm just waiting for him to fall and break something.

He has a point about working, but there needs to be balance.

A snake eating a frog.  How cool is that.

I don't know about moving to an interior cave system.  I would not be happy with bats crapping on me all night.

We moved into a house and a colony of bats moved in under the shutters outside of Mom & Dads bedroom.  The smell was horrible and you could hear them scratching around all day, then coming and going all night, crawling on the screens.  (No AC)  We had to paint the house and replace the shutters with solid ones and then caulk up the edges.  They were very unhappy the day we yanked the old shutters off.

Of course Jeff & Laura snag the best spot.  And an eel they refuse to share.  Then they just rub it in singing and cooking right next to the others.  I might go down and steal Jeff's hooks 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Haven't seen the newest episode, so it sounds like the eel thing might change my opinion, but we are split in this house on the Jeff/Laura going it alone thing. 

I think it's smart, especially knowing that you can get stuck with some really crazy partners and having to share 3 fish with 10 people doesn't go very far... they worked hard for their food and shelter and should get the benefit of it. 

I do think they gave the girls team a bunch of bananas a few eps ago when they first met up, they showed them walking away carrying a big bunch when they went to go build their own shelter. And I don't think they would have hoarded the bananas from the new group last week, they just got their first and helped themselves. It was irritating that they just left the peels laying around. 

Laura and Jeff also weren't fishing for a whole group, just the 2 of them, so I can see not wanting to share when there are suddenly 3 more mouths around without any notice. 

But they also are annoying and hooting and all that... but is some of that producer manipulated?   My husband thinks they are really selfish, and so far I think they are being smart and still sharing when they have extra, like the bananas.

That shark last week was so CGI in the go to commercial/aerial shot... :P

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, roctavia said:

Haven't seen the newest episode, so it sounds like the eel thing might change my opinion, but we are split in this house on the Jeff/Laura going it alone thing. 

I think it's smart, especially knowing that you can get stuck with some really crazy partners and having to share 3 fish with 10 people doesn't go very far... they worked hard for their food and shelter and should get the benefit of it. 

I do think they gave the girls team a bunch of bananas a few eps ago when they first met up, they showed them walking away carrying a big bunch when they went to go build their own shelter. And I don't think they would have hoarded the bananas from the new group last week, they just got their first and helped themselves. It was irritating that they just left the peels laying around. 

Laura and Jeff also weren't fishing for a whole group, just the 2 of them, so I can see not wanting to share when there are suddenly 3 more mouths around without any notice. 

But they also are annoying and hooting and all that... but is some of that producer manipulated?   My husband thinks they are really selfish, and so far I think they are being smart and still sharing when they have extra, like the bananas.

That shark last week was so CGI in the go to commercial/aerial shot... 😛

It wasn’t suddenly without notice. Laura and Jeff approached the other group to trek with them. They, according to their own words, wanted a group for protection.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Jeff and Laura are jerks for using the other teams to their advantage but not contributing to the same team themselves. And he is actually punching his chest now. What a boob.

Wasn't Jeff married the first time he was on this show? I cannot imagine anyone putting up with him now. I hope something makes his arrogant butt tap out. 

I don't dislike Charlie, but he needs to get over his needing to prove things crap. Max just swam for miles, by himself, to get coconuts for the group. 

Edited by Chewy101
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, I don’t understand how Jeff and Laura can tell the others sorry we’re not interested in merging with you then want to go off in to the jungle as a group.  I don’t recall if the show talked about any kind of dangerous predators other than the snakes.  If this was taking place in Africa where there are large predators I’d understand wanting to join the group but here - I don’t get it.  Stuff like that must be taken into consideration when you make these kinds of decisions. 

During Jeff’s first appearance on the show he did mention being newly married and how he discussed the no cuddling deal with his wife.  He also came across as a hard core Mormon but we’re not seeing that at all now.  

I think Charlie needs to understand that everyone in his group is interested in contributing but it will be at the right time such as what Max did.  I would not want to see him be taken out with another knee injury.  That jungle looks wet and slippery. 

• Love 4

Jeff & Laura, what 2 jerks you are. We want to keep our team as a 2 partner team, we're at a slower pace as you.....fast forward a few days, hey it's probably better if we trek through the jungle as a bigger team...but you can't have any of our catch!!??!! I think when they invited them on the journey they thought they were all a team at that point, until they get to where there going then it's, sorry guys don't need you anymore. Yeah you two are jerks.

• Love 7
(edited)

I didn't get to finish the ep last night but I thought that was terribly convenient that Laura and Jeff sought out the rest of the group to travel together because it benefitted them. If I were in that situation I'd be hard pressed to turn them away with a "yeah, we're just gonna go at it by ourselves. Neighbors, not roommates m'kayyyyyy?" but I'd sure as hell would want to.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

It wasn’t suddenly without notice. Laura and Jeff approached the other group to trek with them. They, according to their own words, wanted a group for protection.

I was talking about the fish from the boat on last weeks episode when they got back to the beach and the other group had eaten some of their bananas. I'm an ep behind... but yes, if they teamed up and then caught food and weren't willing to share at all, that's kind of a jerk move. 

• Love 2

I'm okay with Jeff and Laura wanting to stay separate.  During the first XL challenge Jeff and EJ shared the first eel they caught with the big group, but if I remember correctly the big  group (including Laura) didn't share the stingray they caught with Jeff and EJ. 

Still, I think it would have been a nice gesture to share at least the first eel they caught considering they just made the trek as a big group.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kreampuff said:

I'm okay with Jeff and Laura wanting to stay separate.  During the first XL challenge Jeff and EJ shared the first eel they caught with the big group, but if I remember correctly the big  group (including Laura) didn't share the stingray they caught with Jeff and EJ. 

Still, I think it would have been a nice gesture to share at least the first eel they caught considering they just made the trek as a big group.

I think there's definitely going to be some resentment in the duplex. I know Jeff and Laura want to stay separate, and it's a sound strategy. However, intertribal relations is part of the XL thing if you choose not to merge and still live near another group. You just helped each other get there, it's not so bad for both groups to pool some resources for one group feast, and then stay separate after that. Or, if you want to remain separate and eat your own eel, don't be so loud about enjoying it. You can't do anything about the aroma of cooking eel within a cave. You can control the volume of your voices.*

*It's totally possible that the other tribe only smelled the eel cooking and didn't hear Jeff and Laura making yummy sounds (<tm> "Young Frankenstein"), but I have no idea how well sound carries in a cave. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 5

I think Jeff and Laura were told by production they had to walk into the jungle with the other group because it is much easier to film one group than two.   Jeff and Laura proved they are extremely competent walking through the jungle, as they did in their initial 21 day challenge.  I can't believe they suddenly felt the need for protection from others.

I also think production forced all the groups to change location from the beach to the jungle.  They were doing relatively fine on the beach, and the excuse that they needed to be closer to the extraction point doesn't seem valid since they still have lots of time left.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, riverbay said:

I think Jeff and Laura were told by production they had to walk into the jungle with the other group because it is much easier to film one group than two.   Jeff and Laura proved they are extremely competent walking through the jungle, as they did in their initial 21 day challenge.  I can't believe they suddenly felt the need for protection from others.

I also think production forced all the groups to change location from the beach to the jungle.  They were doing relatively fine on the beach, and the excuse that they needed to be closer to the extraction point doesn't seem valid since they still have lots of time left.

I’ve been wondering how many people make up the production staff there considering the number of groups that they start with plus Jeff and Laura’s 20 day head start.  Your point makes sense since the path through the jungle looks pretty dense and slow going.  Then there doesn’t look like there’s a lot of room for production to set up their tent and equipment and be out of the way for the participants. 

At the beginning of Sunday’s episode Jeff mentioned the extraction spot is 20 miles away so even though they still have a lot of time to go they needed to start moving even though they liked where they were.  I suppose they’re going to move again (or at least one of the groups will) before extraction and everyone will be together.  

About Jeff and Laura catching the eel and the others coming up dry, I wish the show would tell us how long the others were trying to catch something.  I’m sure there’s something else in that pond besides the eel.  It had to have been eating something before it was caught.

• Love 2

The episodes are too far apart! I keep seeing re-vamped or renamed versions of the same ole, same ole. And by seeing, I mean my DVD keeps falling for "New" when it's really a repeat. 

I just re-watched Belly of the Beast, and I still love Rylie, partly for surviving a challenge on her own in the past, but also for looking and sounding like Anna Kendrick. I'm such a Kendrick fan, I keep hoping this girl will break out in song to rally the troops!

Second watch around, if it's possible, I only loathe Jeff more. The entire group finds the cave, and neither Jeff nor Laura found their little mini cave, but they just took it for themselves when it was discovered. If this was a contest of only one winner, it would make more sense why they are alienating anyone they may need in the future (like when they used the rest for that hike), but all of their mantras and selfies are annoying. 

Charlie's redemption tour has made him insane. I don't think he really resents doing so much work, so much as he is spending too much time alone and over-thinking things. And I loved when Russel said he didn't want Charlie to hurt himself and have to leave for a stupid reason. Sort of like eating 15 lemons, against the entire camp's advice? Haha, I love you, Russel, you are fun fodder. 

Jonesing for a new episode that is actually New, and not just labeled as such. Sunday, I think?

14 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

The episodes are too far apart! 

I I still love Rylie, partly for surviving a challenge on her own in the past, but also for looking and sounding like Anna Kendrick. 

Jonesing for a new episode that is actually New, and not just labeled as such. Sunday, I think?

I agree.  I keep seeing "new" and thinking I'm going to get something, but it's the same stuff.  I wish this was on 2-3 times a week, kind of like "Big Brother", and we could see more goings-on.

The reason you love Rylie is the main reason I don't like her at all.  I'm a major NON-Anna Kendrick fan and every time I look at Rylie, that's who I see.

Jonesing for more than a new episode of XL, but that would make me grin real silly.

11 hours ago, slasherboy said:

The reason you love Rylie is the main reason I don't like her at all.  I'm a major NON-Anna Kendrick fan and every time I look at Rylie, that's who I see.

How funny is that! Lol. It's always interesting how we are all affected differently by people.

Always difficult to know what is producer driven, and what is real on Naked & Afraid with Medical Help.

Laura has turned her back on Dani Julien previously, so to keep others out of her 60 day group is not surprising, (although likely producer driven).

Jeff the Jerk is a different story.  Like a few before him he is trying to launch a career from this, and like EJ Snyder, he will fail because his character is such a jerk.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

How funny is that! Lol. It's always interesting how we are all affected differently by people.

Yes it is!  And I have absolutely nothing to base my dislike of her on ... she just grates to the bone and I want to slap her.  Glad you like her though!  (i hope she gets eaten by a shark. yes, in the jungle. a jungle shark.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So at the beginning of this challenge I never thought I’d say this but I’m sad to see Russell go like he did.  He seemed to be a more decent person this time and probably realized how he behaved last time and worked to correct that.

With the other group I liked the bartering idea but I’m not surprised Jeff didn’t want to do that.  I guess he figured he could end up with no eels instead of a little if he decided to share what he caught.  Oh well.  The yelling over getting a 3rd eel was pretty obnoxious. The yelling didn’t bother me at first but when you’re in an enclosed area with others who are very hungry, haven’t had any luck catching anything and you know it ... better to keep a lid on your euphoria that you are eating another meal the 3rd day in a row.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

... when you’re in an enclosed area with others who are very hungry, haven’t had any luck catching anything and you know it ... better to keep a lid on your euphoria that you are eating another meal the 3rd day in a row.  

You are correct, Laura and Jeff demonstrate the manners their parents taught them.

• Love 6

Jeff is an even bigger dick this go than in the past. ‘This isn’t welfare’. Wasn’t he a big time Christian when he was on before? They were given a boat. They were given a ton of hooks. I’m assuming the expectation was for them to share.

• Love 10

Okay, I fully admit I was wrong in trying to give Laura and Jeff the benefit of the doubt a few episodes back... I get wanting to sort of stay separate and not necessarily share everything you worked for... but also, there is definitely some inequality in resources. 

20 hooks? 20 fricken hooks and they can't share a few? And then fine, don't share, but then to tie up lines right where the other people have them was really shitty as well. Jeff is such a dick... And then Laura, when she pulled up that eel.. she started screaming just to be an asshole. I mean, why are they rubbing it in so much? It's not surviving it's being a shithead. 

I was also bummed with how Russel went out... he has gone back and forth with how irritating he has been- sometimes it's a little much, but he has definitely been more likeable more of the time... so i'm sad to see him go, especially like this. 

Hopefully they are close to all being one team, aside from Jeff and Laura off on their own being butts... It will be good moral support for the two larger teams to come together.

• Love 11
(edited)

I can understand not sharing the first eel meal as you don't know when another may come and you are hungry and more days into your challenge. You're probably being dicks not at least sharing a portion they can divide up the second time... but you're Queen God Assholes to be carrying on about your bounty chowing down your third eel in as may days when there are literally starving people a stone's throw from where you are chowing down. It's pathetic, so is he. I will half reserve judgement with her but he is beyond hope. Total asshole, and the superiority complex could use some toning down... and his math skills are questionable as well.

Also his condescending response to them sitting around eating their tiny snake (that could have killed them) "Good for you. I hope you get a big one."?? My instant response was "And I hope you choke to death on your own vomit."

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 13

I was hoping (when I read the episode blurb) that Jeff or Laura would be the person who got bitten by a snake. They have twenty freaking hooks and wouldn’t  share a single one? Then they hog the river. I wish one of the other team had told them that they don’t own the river. They are truly pathetic human beings.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rlc said:

Jeff is an even bigger dick this go than in the past. ‘This isn’t welfare’. Wasn’t he a big time Christian when he was on before? They were given a boat. They were given a ton of hooks. I’m assuming the expectation was for them to share.

Wow. Really? 🤦‍♀️ 

• Love 1

Sad to see Russell go out like that.  He did so well catching that baby eel.  Of course Mr. King of the Jungle is not impressed.

Now we know why cave men bashed other cave men (and women) heads in.

Jeff and Laura won;t even give up one fishhook.  I said last week the others should steal some. 

Finders keepers, jungle law.

Now we find out he has 20 hooks.  I'm done with Laura too.

Then the scumbags try to sabotage the other;s lines.

It is 10 against 2.  They should not sleep soundly.

Hoping a big Karma Train hits them right between the eyes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, rlc said:

Jeff is an even bigger dick this go than in the past. ‘This isn’t welfare’. Wasn’t he a big time Christian when he was on before?

He's a "devout" Mormon.  Who believe they are the top tier of Christians.  Others disagree.

• Love 5

The team sharing the cave complex with Jeff and Laura should get up early to check all the lines. If they find an eel on any line, they should take it. 

28 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

He's a "devout" Mormon.  Who believe they are the top tier of Christians.  Others disagree.

If Jeff is a devout Mormon, where is his special holy underwear? 😏

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

What a**holes Jeff and Laura are. Letting four people buy ONE OF YOUR TWENTY FISHHOOKS isn’t “giving them a handout.” Then saying they need to “put on their big boy pants” is gratuitously insulting. Then demeaning Russell as trying to be “a hero” for choosing to give them four hooks is just juvenile. (Note that Matt Wright always manages to survive without being a selfish jerk.) Then when Duke stands up to you for messing up one of their four lines, you show no respect? Jeff is a child and Laura just parrots him because she’s another showoff. The four “neighbors” show way more class and maturity than those two bullies. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I am beginning to think that Jeff is going crazy. And it might be an act to launch his pretend career, but so much has changed about him since he met up with E.J. ( And wasn't it E.J. who did the Amazon challenge with Laura, where she expressed disappointment in his arrogance and machismo instead of respecting the gift of nature? She made that guy cry!)

Jeff used to be a humble hard working hunter with a good heart. Now he is a monster going for shock value. I am only two minutes into the episode, and I already hate him so much. You would think he just invented fire. Why are the producers handing so much to them? What I admired about Jeff and Laura individually before was their resourcefulness when they had nothing. Now they are just handed stuff and are hoarding the benefits to punish others. They won't even share the river, which is not their own! Complete destruction of character. I think they have forgotten that if others also succeed, they didn't lose. Have they forgotten the premise of this game show?

I think we could start a drinking game with phrases like "Laura and I are completing SIXTY days!!!" and "We are just neighbors, not roommates." And the way they brag and brag and brag, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord. 

Wasn't the premise of this show to only have two items? What's with all the hooks, man. Why even bother with the naked at this point. 

Did anyone here see the Beach? I'm starting to think Charlie has become Leonardo Dicaprio's character in that. Hopefully finding the other team will help him a bit. 

Further on into the episode, it's official. Whatever demonic madness took Jeff, it has taken Laura. Her constant justifications to the camera shows she knows what a piece of crap she has become. "If people cannot get their own food, they should not be out here." Screw you, Jeff! You were handed 20 hooks, a boat, and a boatload of bananas, and even sabotaged their lines along the way. The restraint the others have shown so far is incredible. 

When Russel gets a catch, he quietly whispers in excitement. (Take a lesson, Neanderthals!) I'll miss you, Russel. Why didn't Jeff get bitten. Or Laura. Pretty sure one can't deal without the other. 

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

When Russel gets a catch, he quietly whispers in excitement. (Take a lesson, Neanderthals!) I'll miss you, Russel. Why didn't Jeff get bitten. Or Laura. Pretty sure one can't deal without the other. 

That one looked much smaller than the ones Laura and Jeff have been catching. 

I’ll be paying attention at the end where they reveal how much weight each person lost during the challenge.  I’ll bet Laura and Jeff will have lost close to the least despite being out there for the additional time.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cobb Salad said:

That one looked much smaller than the ones Laura and Jeff have been catching. 

I don't think he whispered his excitement because it wasn't a monster. The point is he didn't howl at the moon and scream like a banshee because a hook just sitting there happened to catch something. He was happy without being an ape about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

I’ll be paying attention at the end where they reveal how much weight each person lost during the challenge.  I’ll bet Laura and Jeff will have lost close to the least despite being out there for the additional time.  

Far as I can tell, production is seeing to that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I am beginning to think that Jeff is going crazy. And it might be an act to launch his pretend career, but so much has changed about him since he met up with E.J. ( And wasn't it E>J> who did the Amazon challenge with Laura, where she expressed disappointment in his arrogance and machismo instead of respecting the gift of nature? She made that guy cry!)

Jeff used to be a humble hard working hunter with a good heart. Now he is a monster going for shock value. I am only two minutes into the episode, and I already hate him so much. You would think he just invented fire. Why are the producers handing so much to them? What I admired about Jeff and Laura individually before was their resourcefulness when they had nothing. Now they are just handed stuff and are hoarding the benefits to punish others. Complete destruction of character. 

Wasn't the premise of this show to only have two items? What's with all the hooks, man. Why even bother with the naked at this point. 

Did anyone here see the Beach? I'm starting to think Charlie has become Leonardo Dicaprio's character in that.

I can understand the producers giving them more items because 60 days is a long time, but I don’t understand those two calling bartering for one hook “welfare” when producers gave THEM all those hooks. The smugness is over the top. 

I’m really surprised that Rylie (sp?) hasn’t snapped about it yet. The reason I dislike her is she’s always seemed snotty, disrespectful, and willing to assume she’s smarter than everyone else. Hunger can make even nice people snippy  (maybe the other three are helping her stay mellow?) so I’m actually hoping she tells Jaura to cram it. Maybe at the reunion.  

Edited by AUJulia
To add comment about Rylie.
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, rlc said:

Jeff is an even bigger dick this go than in the past. ‘This isn’t welfare’. Wasn’t he a big time Christian when he was on before?

When he was cold, hungry and tired they showed him praying like the dickens. Now he's just all yelly and chest thumpy and it is Grating with a capital G.

13 hours ago, roctavia said:

Okay, I fully admit I was wrong in trying to give Laura and Jeff the benefit of the doubt a few episodes back... I get wanting to sort of stay separate and not necessarily share everything you worked for... but also, there is definitely some inequality in resources. 

20 hooks? 20 fricken hooks and they can't share a few? And then fine, don't share, but then to tie up lines right where the other people have them was really shitty as well. Jeff is such a dick... And then Laura, when she pulled up that eel.. she started screaming just to be an asshole. I mean, why are they rubbing it in so much? It's not surviving it's being a shithead. 

I was also bummed with how Russel went out... he has gone back and forth with how irritating he has been- sometimes it's a little much, but he has definitely been more likeable more of the time... so i'm sad to see him go, especially like this. 

Hopefully they are close to all being one team, aside from Jeff and Laura off on their own being butts... It will be good moral support for the two larger teams to come together.

I gotta give it to Russell Sage. He was a belittling, arrogant sob the last challenge. He really came back and showed how much he wanted to earn redemption and I'm sorry to see him go. It's not often you see a 'villain' in a reality program turn it around so sincerely. I tip my cap to the man.

10 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Further on into the episode, it's official. Whatever demonic madness took Jeff, it has taken Laura. Her constant justifications to the camera shows she knows what a piece of crap she has become. "If people cannot get their own food, they should not be out here." Screw you, Jeff! You were handed 20 hooks, a boat, and a boatload of bananas, and even sabotaged their lines along the way. The restraint the others have shown so far is incredible. 

(snip)

Where Russell ate a big old piece of humble pie, these two have gone overboard. Have a little decency for your "neighbors" who you KNOW are dead hungry. All the whooping and hollering is beyond obnoxious. One phrase comes to mind, pride goeth before a fall. Not saying I wanna see anything bad happen to anyone but if a herd of monkeys absconded with their bananas, hooks, string and pot. I wouldn't be too heartbroken about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Where Russell ate a big old piece of humble pie, these two have gone overboard. Have a little decency for your "neighbors" who you KNOW are dead hungry. All the whooping and hollering is beyond obnoxious. One phrase comes to mind, pride goeth before a fall. Not saying I wanna see anything bad happen to anyone but if a herd of monkeys absconded with their bananas, hooks, string and pot. I wouldn't be too heartbroken about it.

The coming attractions for next week show them on the move again so maybe their next stop will be somewhere where those fish hooks won’t be as useful.  Then one of the others will find and catch some meaty animal and share it amongst themselves while Jeff and Laura look on, lol.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

The coming attractions for next week show them on the move again so maybe their next stop will be somewhere where those fish hooks won’t be as useful.  Then one of the others will find and catch some meaty animal and share it amongst themselves while Jeff and Laura look on, lol.  

I hope the producers arrange for the starving team to encounter a suicidal hog, and they don’t share a single crackling with Jeff and Laura.

Edited by rlc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, rlc said:

I hope the producers arrange for the starving team to encounter a suicidal hog, and they don’t share a single cracking with Jeff and Laura.

Wonder if a hungry Jeff would decline a welfare handout from less able survivalist or enjoy the bounty that is rightfully his?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Liberty said:
7 hours ago, rlc said:

I hope the producers arrange for the starving team to encounter a suicidal hog, and they don’t share a single cracking with Jeff and Laura.

Wonder if a hungry Jeff would decline a welfare handout from less able survivalist or enjoy the bounty that is rightfully his?

I think he would take the hand out and justify it somehow. All Jeff does is take and take and take. 

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, LittleIggy said:

I was hoping (when I read the episode blurb) that Jeff or Laura would be the person who got bitten by a snake. They have twenty freaking hooks and wouldn’t  share a single one? Then they hog the river. I wish one of the other team had told them that they don’t own the river. They are truly pathetic human beings.

This a million times....I would see a snake & hear the background music change and my heart would be racing, hoping it would be one of them. 

• Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, LittleIggy said:

That's just it, though. No one asked them to share the hooks. I think the "roommates" asked for a trade. They did not expect to give nothing in return. I guess the hungry tribe had nothing Jeff and Laura wanted, which is a valid reason to turn down a trade. That's called a failed negotiation, not asking for a handout or welfare or whatever Jeff called it.

Other things I cannot with:

• "We're going to fish wherever, even if you already have a hook there." 
  • The condescending attitude upon seeing the viper the roommates had gotten
  • The general asshattery of loudly proclaiming how good their plentiful food is. 

I really do hope the tables turn in the next 20 days. I doubt they will enough for Jeff and Laura to learn a lesson in humility. I was really hoping Jeff had changed a bit, but I guess not. The worst thing is, though, that he seems to have "infected" Laura with his holier-than-thou survival attitude. Pity. I liked her. 

• Love 10