Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, rlc said:

Jeff is amazing! He just knows that the hog that he didn’t catch (even though he did everything absolutely, positively as right as any human possibly ever could) was hundreds of pounds and was caught for hours. Hours! 

...and it destroyed the forest when thrashing around for hours (which we clearly saw by the ONE branch with scratches in it). Hyperbole, thy name is Jeff. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rlc said:

Jeff is amazing! He just knows that the hog that he didn’t catch (even though he did everything absolutely, positively as right as any human possibly ever could) was hundreds of pounds and was caught for hours. Hours! 

Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows that an effing snare isn’t going to hold a wild hog. So of course, Jeff puts out snares to catch hogs. 🙄 

Loved it when Max said “We’ll be neighbors not roommates.” Oh, snap!

Color me surprised that the producers didn’t put a drugged hog out for them to bag. Matt has some mad archery skills to bag things like squirrels, possums, and armadillos. Roasted possum and armadillo sounds like something Granny would make for Jethro. 😆 

OMG, the dirty bath water!! Steven’s apartment looked interesting!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jeff: "Dude, is that a hollowed out canoe?!"

EJ: (unsaid) "Yeah, the producers left it out for us!"

Jeff:" You're a rockstar, dude!" First compliment the dolt has given and it's to the only other player who took this challenge to a point of trying to make some weird career out o fit instead of just an experience.

I hate you, Jeff, and I have seen EJ check himself enough times to know that he can be decent if there is a tad of estrogen around to remind him he is not a complete animal. But you? Damn, you are a politician, and if any part of your faith is intact, search that heart, dude. 

Poor Matt and Riley. They are gently fostering enormous egos and schooling small children. Ryan and Max hopefully see the next level of self control and class.

Jeff can't praise the "cohesiveness" of a group so much, and yet he has always been the one against doing that. Until he wanted it. I am so glad his idiot self thinks he is the bomb but the edit gives so much praise to everyone else. Hide under a rock, you rockstar. Forever, please.

EJ: "Come on out, you little bastard." You don't deserve to receive anything with that stupid attitude.

I'm commenting as I watch, and I am dreading if the two assholes actually achieve something besides a broken hip and instant tap out. Except, these two seem to get all kinds of medical attention without having to surrender to a medical tap out. They just get treated and stay and stay, and if you're Jeff, you get a free night being coddled in a medical tent. What a badass. 

Meanwhile, Matt seems to be the only marksman when it comes to the bow. And "no predator on earth could have caught that armadillo we went for." You sure, Jeff? If Stephen heard that he would completely agree with you. Hopefully, your spell on him has been broken with exposure to others. 

Wait till Jeff sees what Matt has caught with the bow. 

(I keep posting in segments and editing as I go)

Now EJ is holed up ready to hunt and screams at the camera his two areas of visibility. THANKYOU FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT, EJ!! As all the deer flee.

So, Matt catches another one. Quietly and thankfully, do I have to watch Jeff eat it? 

Blah, blah, they made it. 

I'm with Ryan, that I would be starving for some greens by that time. When he shaved he looked like a cancer patient. I wish he had just shampooed the thing and left it.

If I saw Stephen's place in person, I would bolt out of there so fast. WTH?! He and Jeff belong together.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 4

So the giant wild pig (fifth smartest animal on the planet) outsmarted his captor,  where does his captor rank?

Jeff's Hyperbole seems to fail him when he discussing his 2015 felony plea for insurance fraud.  It must have been the BIGGEST fine ever levied for insurance fraud.

Maybe his 2013 marriage was the BEST MARRIAGE ever!

As the season concludes, it occurs to me I will miss you forum contributors as much as I miss the show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

So the giant wild pig (fifth smartest animal on the planet) outsmarted his captor,  where does his captor rank?

Jeff's Hyperbole seems to fail him when he discussing his 2015 felony plea for insurance fraud.  It must have been the BIGGEST fine ever levied for insurance fraud.

As the season concludes, it occurs to me I will miss you forum contributors as much as I miss the show.

I know, how would he know how big that pig was without seeing it.  It must have been some trap for that pig to work it’s way out /sarcasm/

When it was all over I was sad because next week there won’t be any XL.  I was thinking they’re probably planning or filming the next one right now.  Overall even though we had to watch Jeff I thought this was a pretty good bunch of people this time.  Last years group was just awful IMO (with the exception of Wes who unfortunately was forced to tap).  I’ll miss coming here to read everyone’s posts too.  Then there’s the regular Naked and Afraid but that’s not the same. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Meanwhile, Matt seems to be the only marksman when it comes to the bow. And "no predator on earth could have caught that armadillo we went for." You sure, Jeff?

During that scene, when the other guy (sorry, the name escapes me) was herding the armadillo towards Jeff - but there was no camera on Jeff (for the first time EVER) - as soon as the other guy said, "He's coming your way," I envisioned Jeff climbing up the nearest tree to avoid getting his toes stepped on by the passing armadillo.

• LOL 3

Watching  Rylie complete the 60 day challenge was no surprise to me.   She gave an interview back in April and at the end of the interview she said "I feel legendary."  I took that to mean she became the second Naked and Afraid woman to survive 60 days out in the wilderness.

I expected Jeff and EJ to partner up again since they were teammates and good buddies since XL 1.  Even then Jeff didn't want to join the remaining survivalists, telling them that he and EJ will remain a separate team.  Jeff's former partner from his first 21 day challenge, Eva, was in the larger group.  Before extraction, Eva went up to Jeff and told him what she thought of him.

Ryan and Steven must have resolved past differences they had when they went out hunting together.  They were in XL 2 and Ryan criticized Steven's hunting strategies and work habits.  Steven didn't like what Ryan said and criticized Ryan.  Steven went on to the complete the 40 day XL challenge but Ryan got sick and had to medically tap.  They met again on that Naked and Afraid of Sharks episode where they had to survive on an island.

I was really hoping Gary would make it to the merge.  I wanted to see how he and Matt would interact.  However, Gary  has only  himself to blame for not becoming a legend.  Placing the alligator eyeballs on his own eyeballs got him a few minutes of attention but it ended up costing him the  challenge.

There wasn't a reunion show after XL 6 probably due to the dislike and animosity some of the survivalists had and displayed towards each other.  The survivalists on XL 7 all got along and treated each other with respect in their quest to make it to extraction.  The producers should bring all twelve back together for a reunion show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Necromancer said:

Watching  Rylie complete the 60 day challenge was no surprise to me.   She gave an interview back in April and at the end of the interview she said "I feel legendary."  I took that to mean she became the second Naked and Afraid woman to survive 60 days out in the wilderness.

I expected Jeff and EJ to partner up again since they were teammates and good buddies since XL 1.  Even then Jeff didn't want to join the remaining survivalists, telling them that he and EJ will remain a separate team.  Jeff's former partner from his first 21 day challenge, Eva, was in the larger group.  Before extraction, Eva went up to Jeff and told him what she thought of him.

Ryan and Steven must have resolved past differences they had when they went out hunting together.  They were in XL 2 and Ryan criticized Steven's hunting strategies and work habits.  Steven didn't like what Ryan said and criticized Ryan.  Steven went on to the complete the 40 day XL challenge but Ryan got sick and had to medically tap.  They met again on that Naked and Afraid of Sharks episode where they had to survive on an island.

I was really hoping Gary would make it to the merge.  I wanted to see how he and Matt would interact.  However, Gary  has only  himself to blame for not becoming a legend.  Placing the alligator eyeballs on his own eyeballs got him a few minutes of attention but it ended up costing him the  challenge.

There wasn't a reunion show after XL 6 probably due to the dislike and animosity some of the survivalists had and displayed towards each other.  The survivalists on XL 7 all got along and treated each other with respect in their quest to make it to extraction.  The producers should bring all twelve back together for a reunion show.

There were some toxic people in that first XL group.  At the time I didn’t blame Jeff and EJ staying away from them.  In retrospect maybe they should have merged with them to set some of them straight, maybe Dani J. might not have tapped as a result.  

I remember Ryan tapping from his Africa XL challenge from eating the monkey piss fruit after going off on his own.  I couldn’t remember what prompted him to leave though.  I guess if he didn’t have his unfortunate run in with the fruit he could have made it, everyone else caught up to his new site anyway.  

There was another Naked and Afraid episode where Matt and Gary each mentored a newbie to the challenge.  When they all merged to work as one team they seemed to have resolved their prior differences.  It would have been interesting to see if they still got along though.

I would have liked to have seen a reunion episode too.  This group genuinely seemed to like and respect each other for the most part.  I think COVID may have played a part in not having either reunion show.  

• Love 1

Hopefully within a week’s time, I’ll stop walking around my house yelling, “This is what I live for!” Doesn’t matter if it’s changing a lightbulb to undoing the dishwasher to folding a basket of laundry, all huge accomplishments. 😂 THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

The absolute best part of the whole season:

"We’ll be neighbors not roommates.”

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said other than

Damn, Ryan looks TOTALLY different under all that hair!  I would have loved to have seen the looks on their faces when he emerged for dinner.

Edited by madmax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Liberty said:

All of this, awesome!

And I don't think I could even get through this series if there wasn't a venting forum filled with hilarity to do it. Suffering through people's BS, it's like its own survival game..

• Love 2

I could have lived without EJ screaming loudly every chance he got. I feel sorry for the camera people and that nurse de-stitching his area in close quarters for his sudden bursts of yelling screaming, and the pilot picking them up had to be subjected to decibels of insanity screaming so close to another humans auric “space”. How awful and annoying. Of course Jeff too is included in this crime against other humans, but I never realized how much EJ was guilty of this offensive shocking outburst, in your face assault to other close-by people. Have they no shame or self control? What makes them think it is ok to scream loudly next to another persons face? I might punch them if they ever did that around my face/head. It reminds me of all the RUDE screaming in the face poor Bob Barker had to put up with on “The Price is Right”. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I could have lived without EJ screaming loudly every chance he got. I feel sorry for the camera people and that nurse de-stitching his area in close quarters for his sudden bursts of yelling screaming, and the pilot picking them up had to be subjected to decibels of insanity screaming so close to another humans auric “space”. How awful and annoying. Of course Jeff too is included in this crime against other humans, but I never realized how much EJ was guilty of this offensive shocking outburst, in your face assault to other close-by people. Have they no shame or self control? What makes them think it is ok to scream loudly next to another persons face? I might punch them if they ever did that around my face/head. It reminds me of all the RUDE screaming in the face poor Bob Barker had to put up with on “The Price is Right”. 

Drew Carey still has to put up with it or he did until COVID. 
I hope the pilot had a can of air freshener because I bet the Magnificent Seven smelled pretty ripe in that plane. 🤢 

Did anyone else notice those pathways outlined with branches in the last camp. I also saw them around EJ’s camp and wondered about them. 🤨

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Drew Carey still has to put up with it or he did until COVID. 

Yes, I have seen poor Drew get the same clueless screams in the face by people who should humble their happiness down a bit. Feel grateful instead of explosively jolting to the benefactor. I haven’t watched that show in a while and was surprised seeing it not too long ago that Drew Carey looked like he’d been run over by a steam roller and got flattened out. Wider and flatter. It was strange.

48 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Did anyone else notice those pathways outlined with branches in the last camp. I also saw them around EJ’s camp and wondered about them. 🤨

I also noticed them and wondered......

3 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Yes, I have seen poor Drew get the same clueless screams in the face by people who should humble their happiness down a bit. Feel grateful instead of explosively jolting to the benefactor. I haven’t watched that show in a while and was surprised seeing it not too long ago that Drew Carey looked like he’d been run over by a steam roller and got flattened out. Wider and flatter. It was strange.

Production driven??

On 6/27/2021 at 11:04 PM, rlc said:

On 6/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, jackjill89 said:

...and it destroyed the forest when thrashing around for hours (which we clearly saw by the ONE branch with scratches in it). Hyperbole, thy name is Jeff. 

15 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Hopefully within a week’s time, I’ll stop walking around my house yelling, “This is what I live for!” Doesn’t matter if it’s changing a lightbulb to undoing the dishwasher to folding a basket of laundry, all huge accomplishments. 😂 THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR!

I imagine now Jeff will have to go home and scream excitedly at his BMs...probably running around the neighborhood bragging about the size of his turds and "This is WHAT he lives for".

His giant hog was probably a small nutria that easily evaded his "genius" snare.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Just saw a massive amount of hero worship for Jeff on Facebook. What show were they watching???

I sometimes wonder whether you can buy positive posts on Facebook like you can followers on Instagram.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chewy101 said:

Just saw a massive amount of hero worship for Jeff on Facebook. What show were they watching???

Whoever they are I’m betting it’s a safe guess they don’t come to this site at all or we’d be hearing from them en masse. 😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

Whoever they are I’m betting it’s a safe guess they don’t come to this site at all or we’d be hearing from them en masse. 😆

Shhh! 🤫🤫🤫 We don’t want them to find us!

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Of course Jeff too is included in this crime against other humans, but I never realized how much EJ was guilty of this offensive shocking outburst, in your face assault to other close-by people. 

I do not remember EJ doing that until he was partnered with Jeff in the first XL.  I blame Jeff.  For everything, actually.  I got a hangnail, damn Jeff...

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, rlc said:

It’s been mentioned by others, but I just need to reiterate: clean-shaven Ryan and Stevan’s apartment. 

That is all.

I was wishing Max and Steven also shaved so we could see whats under those face bushes, especially Max. He had one very thick beard. Stevens apartment looked like a rebellious teenagers bedroom.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I didn’t know Steven was an artist. That explains his apartment full of wall to wall art. I revoke my statement about his apt looking like a rebellious teens bedroom.

I was immediately drawn to Steven's apt.  It seemed obvious to me that this was a guy with real imagination.  It made me smile...and then wish that I could view it slowly and enjoy a better insight into his artistic visions. 👁️

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I was immediately drawn to Steven's apt.  It seemed obvious to me that this was a guy with real imagination.  It made me smile...and then wish that I could view it slowly and enjoy a better insight into his artistic visions. 👁️

Agreed, i thought Stevens apartment was pretty cool.  I guess he’s an artist? If so, he’s pretty talented 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, Cobb Salad said:

I don't follow anyone on social media, not even my own family (I just prefer a more authentic update). But I do follow Discovery Channel and they posted about Naked and Afraid. The infamous Jeff went "live" and people could not suck up to him more. He was incredibly honoured to have shared this experience, blah, blah. Do you think he was "THE BEST ONE AT THIS CHALLENGE?" He said that was his goal. I wish I'd been there when he was live. I would have happily called him out. 

So where was Laura this season? Did she realize Jeff turned her into a total tool last time and didn't want to be a dick again on TV? 

I've been watching the show Alone while watching this, and the lack of drama is so jarring. Even people completely comfortable, without anyone getting on their nerves, tap out. But it's so much quieter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chewy101 said:

I don't follow anyone on social media, not even my own family (I just prefer a more authentic update). But I do follow Discovery Channel and they posted about Naked and Afraid. The infamous Jeff went "live" and people could not suck up to him more. He was incredibly honoured to have shared this experience, blah, blah. Do you think he was "THE BEST ONE AT THIS CHALLENGE?" He said that was his goal. I wish I'd been there when he was live. I would have happily called him out. 

So where was Laura this season? Did she realize Jeff turned her into a total tool last time and didn't want to be a dick again on TV? 

I don’t do much social media myself - I deleted my Facebook a while back - so I don’t bother with anything like Facebook Live.    Sadly I think with the positive reception Jeff got during the Discovery Channel session that means we’ll see him again.  I hope I’m wrong.   I’m glad he was called out on his behavior in the Philippines during this last challenge so there’s that.  

Where was Laura?  Busy?  We haven’t seen her in a while.  They didn’t want more than one person who already did a 60 day challenge?  Maybe next time?

Since we have a number of 60 day people I wonder what the next gimmick will be.  I hope it’s not a return to banishing someone from the team, that would mean they’re going to have some not so great people participating IMO if the time they did it is any indication.  

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Since we have a number of 60 day people I wonder what the next gimmick will be.  

90 Day Fiance Challenge. Each team must include a Naked and Afraid super fan rookie.....

ETA: or a participant whose marriage didn’t work out on 90 Day Fiancé.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 5
On 6/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, AZChristian said:

I sometimes wonder whether you can buy positive posts on Facebook like you can followers on Instagram.

In our new realm of reality, I think there t'aint nothing nor nobody that we CANNOT buy off.  💲💲  🤑   Sad........

• Love 2
On 6/30/2021 at 10:55 AM, Inga said:

Agreed, i thought Stevens apartment was pretty cool.  I guess he’s an artist? If so, he’s pretty talented 

When did they show his apt?

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

When did they show his apt?

At the very end, they showed a little bit of each participant's return to their regular life.  He went into his apartment with a video camera (like a go pro) and showed himself slowing doing a 360 around his living room.  

2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

At the very end, they showed a little bit of each participant's return to their regular life.  He went into his apartment with a video camera (like a go pro) and showed himself slowing doing a 360 around his living room.  

Damn. Missed that

51 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I was re-watching the making of a bridge ep, and i noticed for the first time the mailbox of Team Savage!  ROFLLLLLLLL!  I love those guys.  Best team ever!

That’s one of the things that I liked about Team Savage.  The mailbox, the chair, the sign and making the soap all showed they weren’t just sitting around being lazy like some people on other XL challenges.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

That’s one of the things that I liked about Team Savage.  The mailbox, the chair, the sign and making the soap all showed they weren’t just sitting around being lazy like some people on other XL challenges.  

"Survival HAS to be lazy...." Alana, Season one  🙄

I use that line quite a lot...

• LOL 2

Jeff is now doing Cameo videos for $25.  So you're supposed to give them ideas on what to say:

"Hey, Jeff, I need a video for a guy who thinks he's the greatest survivalist in the world, but really, he's just a selfish asshole who didn't even do all the survival days he said he did, plus he's a thief.  Also, he's kinda loud and obnoxious and only wants to be part of a team when it suits him.  Think you can help me out?"

• LOL 7
On 6/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

90 Day Fiance Challenge. Each team must include a Naked and Afraid super fan rookie.....

ETA: or a participant whose marriage didn’t work out on 90 Day Fiancé.

Or or or they could couple them up, one from each show and it could the next reincarnation DS as well.  The Bachelorette and her 90 day fiancee do Dual Survival.  If they do it right they'll end up at Niagara Falls.

• LOL 2

They could send Jeff out for 60 days with someone who didn't make it to surgery on My 600-Pound Life.  After all, we've already seen the pounders naked . . . and depending on Jeff for your food is one way to make sure you're living off of fish (with no potatoes or desserts) for two months.

Someone call Dr. Now!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, little hermit said:

Did anyone notice in the last episode Max was saying they hadn't had anything to eat yet he was baiting an Alligator line with a fresh catfish head?

There was a  lot of that this episode.  How were they baiting the gator hooks and even the fishing lines if they weren't actually catching stuff?

Of course, they could have found old dead fish and since Gary was gone, they could use them for bait.

• LOL 6
On 7/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, ForumLou said:

Damn. Missed that

On 6/29/2021 at 8:43 PM, SassyCat said:

I didn’t know Steven was an artist. That explains his apartment full of wall to wall art. I revoke my statement about his apt looking like a rebellious teens bedroom.

Define artist. I love art, but being an artistic personality and an actual career artist are different. When I saw his apartment (and his being the solitary homecoming that was completely alone coming back to his apartment) greeting a giant portrait of Salvador Dali instead of the artist's art, I saw creepy. I would excuse myself immediately. I adore a great deal of artists, but their WORK goes on my walls, not their faces. And I'm still hung up on his idol worship of a fraud like Jeff. Not feeling solid on his judgement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, Cobb Salad said:

Where was Laura?  Busy?  We haven’t seen her in a while.  They didn’t want more than one person who already did a 60 day challenge?  Maybe next time?

I am holding to my theory that she realized she went evil and didn't want another part of a Jeff Challenge, and that she will negotiate to come back when The Pounding Chest misses a season. She was horrific sharing screen time with him, and is wise to not do it again. Watch me eat my words while next season giving her the benefit of the doubt, if they end up teaming up again. 

Binge watching leads to so much commenting!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The Pounding Chest 

My first smile of the day! It's almost been 2 weeks since the finale and as I go about my day suddenly without reason a vision of Jeff screaming "This is what I live for!" goes off in my brain and I cringe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, little hermit said:

My first smile of the day! It's almost been 2 weeks since the finale and as I go about my day suddenly without reason a vision of Jeff screaming "This is what I live for!" goes off in my brain and I cringe.

Now Jeff can go back to doing the other thing he lives for...insurance fraud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2