Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
seasick

Naked and Afraid XL

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, madmax said:

 

Wondered about that myself.  Or Lacey, before she left.  Why didn't Jeff and Steven cuddle with her?  Although, I believe Jeff refused to cuddle on his first trip with Eva.  Religious, I think?

All of the guys put on significant weight.  None of the women did.  I said upthread they were probably afraid of looking bad on camera.

 

Re: Jeff, yes he is religious, several times in this challenge I think I’ve heard him reference either God or Jesus, I can’t remember exactly what he said or in what context.  I thought it was interesting since it’s the first time that I know if since his first challenge.  

About the weight gain strategy, the only woman that I know of that’s been on Naked and Afraid who’s done it is Laura.  If you know going in your food supply is going to be iffy for 2 months it’s not a bad strategy to follow.  Sarah, Suz-Ahn and Lacey should have done it.  

I’m wondering about EJ and his ability to last 45 days on his own.  Last night’s episode did say that but I’d be disappointed if there wasn’t some team merges happening sometime during this challenge.  

Gary throwing up in the shelter is disgusting.  It happening so close to the end of the episode seems to hint that it was a fake out IMO. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

That? Was a mondo alligator? Hahahaha. Bigger ones have been caught in the New York City sewer system. This challenge is becoming increasingly boring. And Gary’s attention-seeking behavior is psychopathological.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, SassyCat said:

that alligator sure did look docile and drugged when they yanked the poor thing up onto shore

When Steve 'caught' the catfish, it showed him tugging on the line, and holding the fish above his head.  Was there any tape of Steve landing the fish?  Maybe the camera crew thought that would be too boring, and of course when Steve 'caught' the fish they did not know the alligator was in the future.

Sounds like a 15th day miracle.

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

About the weight gain strategy, the only woman that I know of that’s been on Naked and Afraid who’s done it is Laura.  If you know going in your food supply is going to be iffy for 2 months it’s not a bad strategy to follow.  Sarah, Suz-Ahn and Lacey should have done it.  
 

Mr. Max and I remarked on that when we saw the women for this challenge.  "Go eat a stick of butter!" 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

My thoughts on this episode.

Jeff and Steven:
You guys caught a fish, which is great. Bait your gator hooks and keep catching fish until you get a gator. They seemed to have done that after they caught the first fish. Were they doing that before? It seemed like they were concentrating only on killing gators. Which takes me to...the need to emphasize the word "kill." I'm not naive. I know that hunting and fishing involves killing. But even in Jeff's intro package, he is talking to his dog all cutesy saying, "I'm gonna go and kill some gators." It just makes it seem like that's his only reason for going on this challenge, and that he revels in killing things, rather than seeing hunting as necessary for survival. When I hear "hunting" or "catching," it seems less...pathological, like "we are doing this because we must eat to live."

They catch one fish, and Jeff starts screaming. I'm thinking, "Thanks for scaring off whatever other fish are out here. You might have had more.

Jeff is now, and always will be, a chest thumping tool. Steven is alright, but I fear he's gonna catch himself a case of "The Jeffs" and go down to his level.

EJ and Sarah:
While Sarah needed food, for sure, and being fed does provide your body with the energy to make warmth. But shivering cuts through your energy reserves, she also needed outward warmth. EJ, wrap your bear self around your freakin' partner. Her survival helps ensure yours.

That fire is essential, and now he has no one to stoke the fire while he is out hunting and trapping. I hope he is as good at making fire as Sarah is. No fire means that, even if he does capture food, he will not be able to eat it.

Max, Amber, and Gary:
Max didn't seem as douchey as he has been, which is good. Gary is just trying to create a weird, gross survival brand for himself. "I eat everything. Nothing goes to waste. That's true survival!" He seems to forget that he wouldn't have any of that meat to survive on without the other two, especially Amber, who processed it for the team. So, yeah, hunting and trapping is also "true survival." Amber, who has experience with this environment and with alligators keeps telling him what not to eat. He keeps eating those things out of spite. He revels in being gross, and he gets bent out of shape when people disagree with him. He's an ass.

Matt, Riley, and Ryan:
They work together so well, and I love watching how Matt continues to problem solve with their hunting tools. His ability to quickly assess the issue and quickly adapt the arrow for weight and buoyancy, combined with using the twine was great, even if it did fail. We were just wondering why they didn't test the twine tactic on land to ensure they wouldn't lose the arrow. Matt is a natural leader in that he is good at what he does, and he values his teammates and their abilities well enough to delegate the proper tasks to each when they're hunting. I love his humility, his personality, and his humor. I hope we don't lose him to nutria itch.

This team works together so freakin' well. There's no drama. I hope they can stay together and replenish their food stores.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Re: the gator seeming docile, maybe it hadn’t warmed up from the cold night. Not saying the producers are above shenanigans (I remember that pig from the South Africa episode this season on N&A), but maybe it was the case of a cold-blooded animal being cold.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 5/2/2021 at 8:02 PM, PaperTree said:

I can't imagine puking and not being able to brush my teeth.

Nice shot on the squirrel.

Jeff got the nutria bug.  LOL!  Matt seems to be healing well enough.

Brilliant toggle idea on the arrow!

We'll see, but I bet it won't last.  Chatterboxes like that can't control themselves.

I'm surprised they weren't better prepared for the rain.  It can rain hard and long down there.

Smart of Ryan to collect the rain water.

Wouldn't smaller trees be more practical?  Gary can be such a jerk.  Nice catfish Amber!

Bummer Lacey tapped.  She seemed to have it together this time.

The gator chomping the camera was cool!  Scary watching them trying to bring it in.

Did you see the 2 second DIY Riley did for cleaning teeth?  She said take a crunchy coal from the firepit and just start crunching on it.  run it on the teeth.  And she demonstrated!  Girl practices what she preaches 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ForumLou said:

 

Did you see the 2 second DIY Riley did for cleaning teeth?  She said take a crunchy coal from the firepit and just start crunching on it.  run it on the teeth.  And she demonstrated!  Girl practices what she preaches 

I would give it a try versus the alternative.  Looks bad, but should work.  Charcoal is amazing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

Steven is alright, but I fear he's gonna catch himself a case of "The Jeffs" and go down to his level.

Like Laura did.....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2021 at 9:48 AM, Captain Asshat said:

EJ, wrap your bear self around your freakin' partner. Her survival helps ensure yours.

I’m thinking there had to be something else going on behind the scenes in that situation to which We The Viewers were not privy, for two survivalists to totally ignore Hypothermia Survival Rule #1:

  1. Did EJ refuse?
  2. Did EJ offer, and Sarah refuse?
  3. Were either/both willing, but Production said “no”?

The episode didn’t show anybody offering OR refusing, but what little  EJ/Sarah conversation on the subject DID make it to air seemed... off - stilted, as if reading from a bad script.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’m thinking there had to be something else going on behind the scenes in that situation to which We The Viewers were not privy, for two survivalists to totally ignore Hypothermia Survival Rule #1:

  1. Did EJ refuse?
  2. Did EJ offer, and Sarah refuse?
  3. Were either/both willing, but Production said “no”?

The episode didn’t show anybody offering OR refusing, but what little  EJ/Sarah conversation on the subject DID make it to air seemed... off - stilted, as if reading from a bad script.

You're right. We don't know what we don't know. However, the show traditionally doesn't shy away from showing one or the other team member specifically refusing a cuddle for whatever reason precisely because doing so is HSR #1. Sarah has been shown as someone who isn't exactly proactive on interpersonal things, so based on these observations, I assumed that EJ didn't offer, and Sarah didn't ask. If either do an AMA, we can ask.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2021 at 3:17 PM, Cobb Salad said:

Re: Jeff, yes he is religious, several times in this challenge I think I’ve heard him reference either God or Jesus, I can’t remember exactly what he said or in what context.  I thought it was interesting since it’s the first time that I know if since his first challenge.  

About the weight gain strategy, the only woman that I know of that’s been on Naked and Afraid who’s done it is Laura.  If you know going in your food supply is going to be iffy for 2 months it’s not a bad strategy to follow.  Sarah, Suz-Ahn and Lacey should have done it.  

I’m wondering about EJ and his ability to last 45 days on his own.  Last night’s episode did say that but I’d be disappointed if there wasn’t some team merges happening sometime during this challenge.  

Gary throwing up in the shelter is disgusting.  It happening so close to the end of the episode seems to hint that it was a fake out IMO. 

Yes I've been wanting them to merge also.  Didn't realize they couldn't until after 45 days.  That was the preview you saw i believe.  He'll be retching in the tent this coming ep.  Back to the merging, saw another future ep and was at least a couple of teams.  So i think they do get together eventually 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Steven : "We just ate his big, fat girlfriend"

Too funny

Fishing with smelly bait.  Last time I "fished" was 50 years ago with worms.

Nutria?  Always heard they were bad eating, guess i was wrong.

I was hoping Gary would go away or be gator food.

Oh no!  EJ's hooch is on fire!  I really like him.  He was lucky.  

Bummer about Amber.  I didn't know her story before.  Wow!  I wish her well.

 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

"No, Amber, you can't go, even if it means you die.  Who will feed us?  Who will stop me from killing Gary?" - Max's secret thoughts

Not a fan of Amber, so not sorry to see her go.  Only one female left...and she's kicking ass.  Although, she does have good partners.

Wonder if Jeff grabbing that support made the roof fall?

Ed, that's the second time the shelter has caught fire.  Think maybe it's time for a rock wall behind your fire?

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

My father died suddenly from a pulmonary embolism. You don’t mess around with those. Sorry to see Amber go. 
Actually, nutria are supposed to be good eating. Chefs in South Louisiana have encouraged their use as food especially since they are an invasive species. 
I hope the deer was only grazed by the arrow. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, madmax said:

Wonder if Jeff grabbing that support made the roof fall?

It was surprising the editors chose to make it look like that.

We'll see what Steve says at the reunion show.  Of course it was the biggest 'gator ever rooting around outside their shelter.  Are all reptiles are monogamous and seeking revenge after their mate is killed?

Really odd when EJ killed the snake and branded himself as the "Lone Wolf".  He probably lies around under Suzahn + Sara's deerskin thinking of ways to aggrandize himself.  And the poor guy will never come to grips that he has to care for his own fire.

Tired of watching the drinking of a prey's blood, eating of a beating heart, consumption of genitals in connection with being great outdoorsmen.  They claim its a way to honor the deceased, but it's not, it's primitive.  To watch the boys coerce Riley into those actions shows how peer pressure works.  Creepy Jeff will not really display his dominance over the wild until the consumes the largest 'gator ever's testes. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Liberty said:

Creepy Jeff will not really display his dominance over the wild until he consumes the largest 'gator ever's testes. 

Or - preferably - vice versa.  

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to see Amber go the way she did.  I wonder if we’ll see her again.  Wanting to stay despite the health warning and possibility of death was reckless.  Someone I worked with a while back had suffered through DVT that included a hospital stay for several days.  

Ryan’s trap to catch the nutria was genius.  I hope there are not any more in the area for their sake.  I didn’t know they were that great to eat, my knowledge of them came from the Seinfeld episode where Elaine tried to pass off a nutria hat as an expense hat and her company’s accountant told her it’s a rat hat, lol. 

Thinking about the potential of a merge, now it seems unlikely since the teams seem to be far enough apart that moving is risky.  Each of the teams look to have sturdy enough shelters to keep them warm at night plus it took them a while to build.  They’d have to do that all over again in a new place plus there’s the possibility of having to deal with trying to make it through a very cold night without a warm enough shelter.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Wanting to stay despite the health warning and possibility of death was reckless.  

And yet, she was lecturing Gary constantly about taking risks. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nòooooooo Amber!  Don't Go!!  Amber and Riley were my fav chix this season.  They both worked hard.  Didnt complain, didnt moan, whine, scream, kick or tap.  This sux.  Hope she recovers. She needs to comeback for a redemption ep.  And sooner rather than later 

23 hours ago, madmax said:

And yet, she was lecturing Gary constantly about taking risks. 

Speaking of....who knew Gary had a heart. Awww so sweet.  She was the mother hen and her boys.  They better do a reunion show dammit

 

Edited by ForumLou · Reason: Fixing my Freudian slip, 'wine' into 'whine' BAM!
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Do we know (based on filming info, etc.) an approximate date for the most recent episode? If it's getting cold, it's too late for mating season, so I doubt the gator is bellowing in heartbreak over the death of his beloved *rme* -- also, maybe watch some 'Swamp People' episodes if you wanna see the difference between small, medium, large, and holy-shit-it's-huge! ("aw, that's a big boy, cher!") gators, boys. That thing you caught? Ain't it. (The bellowing is scary to hear at night, though, I'll give them that.)

I do kinda wish they were brave enough to leave the tent at night with their camera to get a pic of the water...it's pretty cool to see. I'd bet they've been told by the producers not to wander, though, lol.

Was sorry to see Amber go on a medical tap-out since she's been doing well with her fishing, and the team has surprisingly been getting on okay for the most part (or about as well as anyone can with Gary). It is fairly clear, though, that they're struggling a bit to manufacture "tense" moments because things are SLOW. I'm sure it's why they were told to go after gators -- they needed story; especially given how long this thing is gonna drag out.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, tljgator said:

Do we know (based on filming info, etc.) an approximate date for the most recent episode? If it's getting cold, it's too late for mating season,

Since they keep talking about winter, I would guess maybe November/December?  I think someone mentioned being away for Thanksgiving.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2021 at 9:12 PM, madmax said:

"No, Amber, you can't go, even if it means you die.  Who will feed us?  Who will stop me from killing Gary?" - Max's secret thoughts

Not a fan of Amber, so not sorry to see her go.  Only one female left...and she's kicking ass.  Although, she does have good partners.

Wonder if Jeff grabbing that support made the roof fall?

Ed, that's the second time the shelter has caught fire.  Think maybe it's time for a rock wall behind your fire?

 

Max and Gary will end up killing each other. That sucks that she is a freaking war hero and her time served is still coming back to haunt her. I admired her patience with the two boys endlessly working their egos against each other. Max seems to have chilled a bit, but Gary still does stupid crap every time he stops being the center of attention. 

It's going to be really weird if somehow EJ doesn't find Max and Gary. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Chewy101 said:

 Gary still does stupid crap every time he stops being the center of attention. 

Wonder if Gary is more confrontational and stupid in front of the camera than when off camera.

The way a cast member interacts and/or achieves seems to have a lot to do with how much TV exposure the editor gives them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Max would suffer from a broken heart if Gary left.  Max can catch fish and keep the shelter in good shape.  Gary doesn't seem to do much other than annoying his teammates and keep them from doing their best because they waste time trying to give Gary good advice.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, tljgator said:

Do we know (based on filming info, etc.) an approximate date for the most recent episode?

Based on the rainy, windy, cold weather an episode or two back, I'm thinking it's early November. Hurricane Zeta made landfall southwest of New Orleans on October 28th. The track fits what Matt said about the wind being from the north during the storm and there was a pretty sharp temperature drop immediately behind it according to the data from Baton Rouge, which matches the talk of how cold it was the next morning.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, Liberty said:

Wonder if Gary is more confrontational and stupid in front of the camera than when off camera.

The way a cast member interacts and/or achieves seems to have a lot to do with how much TV exposure the editor gives them.

The last couple of seasons it seems like he's been honing his craft hah.  Somehow this season he's been able to establish himself as the joker or the goof. Amber and Max have been able to tone down the feelings that get Gary all riled up like getting snarky, doing dumb shit to get injured, bickering constantly.  Those are his normal traits, so how they managed to quell those.... bravo! He was just hideous that one season, all he did was fight with Wes the whoooooole season.  It was relentless and ridiculous.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I knew someone was going to get sick from slurping down all that gator fat. Hope Riley is okay. They are my fave team. 
Wonder if Max and Gary will encounter another team or EJ. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I understand how EJ was scared and embarrassed.  However in the face of that he demonstrated what a genuinely unpleasant fellow he is.

This is the second time in his N & A career he has been allowed medical attention without being withdrawn.

He is a jerk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I knew someone was going to get sick from slurping down all that gator fat. Hope Riley is okay. They are my fave team. 
Wonder if Max and Gary will encounter another team or EJ. 

I have a hunch it’ll be Steven and Jeff based on how the distance they told us Max and Gary traveled combined with how far apart they are telling us the teams are in the beginning of each show.  Otherwise maybe they found a preexisting shelter.  
What EJ did .. pretty foolish.  I’d go for the sterile environment to get my injury taken care of.  Having to rely on only yourself plus dealing with an injury he only made it harder for himself.  
I hope Riley is okay too.  I like this team as well.  
It’s funny that Steven set all those snares to catch that nutria and didn’t get it while Ryan got one last week with only one snare.   😆 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

I hope Riley is okay too.  I like this team as well.  

I find it impressive how Ryan is engaged as a team member.  He is very capable on his own, yet is not demonstrating a "do it my way" attitude.  He fits in as a team member contributing to the groups success.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I had a bad feeling when they kept zooming in on the pot while Riley was telling us how dangerous making lye is, then zooming in again as they all slurped gator fat out of it. Hopefully it’s too much fat and not lye poisoning. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Liberty said:

I understand how EJ was scared and embarrassed.  However in the face of that he demonstrated what a genuinely unpleasant fellow he is.

This is the second time in his N & A career he has been allowed medical attention without being withdrawn.

He is a jerk

Yeah, I don’t get why EJ wasn’t medically tapped. The standards for medically tapping appear to be arbitrary.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Liberty said:

I understand how EJ was scared and embarrassed.  However in the face of that he demonstrated what a genuinely unpleasant fellow he is.

This is the second time in his N & A career he has been allowed medical attention without being withdrawn.

He is a jerk

EJ being alone has to really beef up his machismo to really keep his rally going , but it is annoying as heck to watch. I wish he and Jeff would runaway together.

I have always thought these people are hacks if they need medical attention. I understand getting a consult, but if you have any treatment done, you're out. You did not survive! And few people could so it's nothing to be ashamed of. Unless, you know, you're like 300 pounds and you think a flimsy soggy tree branch can hold you. Foolish mistakes happen to all of us, but I'd definitely feel more foolish going home for just not thinking. But they are so nutrition starved that it's hard to think carefully..

Edited by Chewy101
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

EJ - that was a dumb ass thing to do and he paid for it.  However, cuts/stitches typically don't get a forced medical tap.  I've seen many folks get them during all the seasons and they're not forced to tap unless infection sets in.  

Steven/The Other Guy - Eh.  Let the bear eat The Other Guy.  Steven can go join another group.

Max/Gary - That was a dumb ass thing to do with the bees, but I guess they reaped the benefit.  Looked to me like they were headed to EJ's spot, based on all the plant life.

Matt/Riley/Ryan - I really hope it was just too much fat water, like Gary had from eating all that gator fat.  They are the only trio left and the only ones I thought would be able to go the distance.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, madmax said:

Steven/The Other Guy - Eh.  Let the bear eat The Other Guy.  Steven can go join another group.

I second the motion!  All in favor, say "Aye"!

In the world of N&A, Steven could eat the bear, and use The Other Guy's partly digested remains as bait for an alligator!  That might carry him to Day 60 on his own.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, madmax said:

Max/Gary - That was a dumb ass thing to do with the bees, but I guess they reaped the benefit.  Looked to me like they were headed to EJ's spot, based on all the plant life.

Producers: Dammit. We could lose EJ!

Also Producers (to Max & Gary): Looks like your food reserves are getting low, and your low-elevation camp could be an issue. Have you thought about...I dunno, just spitballin' here...making a raft from the logs of your shelter and just moving to higher ground, say, in that direction? <points toward EJ's camp>

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, madmax said:

Steven/The Other Guy - Eh.  Let the bear eat The Other Guy.  Steven can go join another group.

 

“Sometimes you eat the b’ar...Sometimes the b’ar eats you.“ - The Stranger.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I second the motion!  All in favor, say "Aye"!

In the world of N&A, Steven could eat the bear, and use The Other Guy's partly digested remains as bait for an alligator!  That might carry him to Day 60 on his own.

Let the bear live! After eating the toxicity known as "The Other Guy," he deserves a medal, rather than to be eaten.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think I've finally figured out the psychology behind Production pairing up Steven and Jeff.  While Steven was a bit of a 'wild child' in his earlier 'adventures,' he seems to have matured and developed an admirable amount of emotional intelligence.  His ability to keep the "stunted" Jeff from going off the rails, has allowed them to enjoy a partnership built on humor and mutual respect.  Good job, Steven!  (And wise decision, Production.)  😜

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, madmax said:

EJ - that was a dumb ass thing to do and he paid for it.  However, cuts/stitches typically don't get a forced medical tap.  I've seen many folks get them during all the seasons and they're not forced to tap unless infection sets in.  

Steven/The Other Guy - Eh.  Let the bear eat The Other Guy.  Steven can go join another group.

Max/Gary - That was a dumb ass thing to do with the bees, but I guess they reaped the benefit.  Looked to me like they were headed to EJ's spot, based on all the plant life.

Matt/Riley/Ryan - I really hope it was just too much fat water, like Gary had from eating all that gator fat.  They are the only trio left and the only ones I thought would be able to go the distance.

OIK.  Dumbass EJ. That said, I'm glad he is still in.  The poor guys this season.  They've really been taking it on the chin lol.  If it's not the water gunk, its the stitches. funny how when something happens to the guys, it tends to involve their nether regions in some manner.  And with the women it seems to be the same, nether regions. Front and back. omg the ticks would be enough for me.  I hope Riley pulls through.  If it was the lye pot thing (which sounds very feasible) wouldn't the guys have gotten sick too?  Whichever, stand tough Riley you can do it.  Company's coming!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

The poor guys this season.  They've really been taking it on the chin lol.  If it's not the water gunk, its the stitches. funny how when something happens to the guys, it tends to involve their nether regions in some manner.  

 

I mentioned that to Mr. Max.  All the guys' issues are crotch issues.  Was anything said about Max & Gary?  I don't remember. Mr. Max reminded me that The Other Guy had the nutria itch as well.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Max seems to be handling things well with Gary. Gary is a one-on-one type, and his maturity regresses when he is competing for two or more people's attention. But Max is keeping his ego stroked and they are getting along well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, Chewy101 said:

Max and Gary will end up killing each other. That sucks that she is a freaking war hero and her time served is still coming back to haunt her. I admired her patience with the two boys endlessly working their egos against each other. Max seems to have chilled a bit, but Gary still does stupid crap every time he stops being the center of attention. 

It's going to be really weird if somehow EJ doesn't find Max and Gary. 

Wouldn't it be funny if they were rafting down the river, making general noises.  EJ is up on the shore silently watching them go by, not making a peep hehe. EJ would rather be alone,lol

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/1/2021 at 9:28 PM, madmax said:

I mentioned that to Mr. Max.  All the guys' issues are crotch issues.  Was anything said about Max & Gary?  I don't remember. Mr. Max reminded me that The Other Guy had the nutria itch as well.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 😂

Heheh yeah gotta agree.  I got nothing else LOL.  Ok i was thinking about said junk gunk.  You'd think that they could prevent it by wiping themselves off when they got out, no? Or wear a condom. Or put some of the boiling water on it, let cool of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight, Thursday June 3rd, season 8 of “ALONE” starts! On History channel.

Edited by SassyCat · Reason: Added
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Wouldn't it be funny if they were rafting down the river, making general noises.  EJ is up on the shore silently watching them go by, not making a peep hehe. EJ would rather be alone,lol

I suddenly have a vision of EJ peeing on his fire to put it out real quickly and then throwing dirt on any remaining ashes to hide the remaining smoke.  LOL.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I suddenly have a vision of EJ peeing on his fire to put it out real quickly and then throwing dirt on any remaining ashes to hide the remaining smoke.  LOL.

😆 You know since this is XL and everyone has participated in at least one challenge that several or all of them have seen each other’s episodes so they each have a “reputation”, good or bad.  This would be an interesting twist on the show if it ever happened.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Heheh yeah gotta agree.  I got nothing else LOL.  Ok i was thinking about said junk gunk.  You'd think that they could prevent it by wiping themselves off when they got out, no? Or wear a condom. Or put some of the boiling water on it, let cool of course.

I think the water gets into...uh...places and wiping it off wouldn't help.  MAYBE if they urinated after they got out of the water, it would dislodge any bacteria?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size