Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Poor Charlie. I really feel for the guy. He wants so badly to finish and its just not in the cards for him no matter how hard he tries.

Who is the uber skinny brunette who seems to be the Breakfast Club Allison of the group. I never hear a peep from her. Does she talk? Does she help?

Seems Karma will be making a visit next week to Jeff. A fever? No...gasp...not a.....

DUN

DUN

DUNNNNN

FEVER!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Is Jeff married?  I just wonder . . . if he wasn't on the show - but his wife was - how would he feel about some pseudo macho man letting her starve while he was stuffing his face . . . and gloating about his macho-ness?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Who is the uber skinny brunette who seems to be the Breakfast Club Allison of the group. I never hear a peep from her. Does she talk? Does she help?

Seems Karma will be making a visit next week to Jeff. A fever? No...gasp...not a.....

DUN

DUN

DUNNNNN

FEVER!!!!

Nicole? She was the one who made her partner fear for his safety on their 21-day challenge. She kept talking and talking about her shelter-building skills but she never did anything and he finally said she probably grew up with a maid (based on her intro, she was raised in a wealthy enclave in Connecticut, IIRC) and she went off on him. He called production over and said he didn’t feel safe. But eventually they finished. She came across as very odd. I’m fascinated that she’s “elite” enough for XL and that she’s nearly a ghost. 

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Is Jeff married?  I just wonder . . . if he wasn't on the show - but his wife was - how would he feel about some pseudo macho man letting her starve while he was stuffing his face . . . and gloating about his macho-ness?

I remember the first time I saw him on Naked and Afraid he said his wife didn't want him snuggling with the female for body heat. Who knows if they're still together. Maybe not. Imagine every time he comes home from the grocery store, pounding his chest and screaming because he brought home the bacon? NO thank you.

Edited by Lady Iris
user error
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

So, did some digging last night because I’m giving this show way too much thought. 

Jeff’s 1st appearance on Naked and Afraid he was married to Gabby (the love of his life). Not sure when they split up, but Gabby is using her maiden name again, and is still LDS.

Currently, Jeff is smitten with Erin Muñoz, a musician. They have been dating less than a year. 

Can’t find mention of divorce on internet, but assume one occurred.

Edited by rlc
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

DUN

DUN

DUNNNNN

FEVER!!!!

If you’re talking about Nicole (who has been wearing glasses the past couple of episodes) she’s been bringing in some firewood but yeah, we haven’t seen her do much.  I think I remember one talking head segment a few episodes back and that’s it.  She’s in the background for sure.  

About Jeff, what’s the saying?  Feed a cold, starve a fever?  Hope I got that right. Lol.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I remember Jeff saying he wasn’t deferring to a woman when he did the challenge with Prissy Eva and insisted on cooking a snake until it was carbon. His bossiness with Laura and his dismissive attitude toward the women on this XL, plus his refusal to let Dani join him and EJ on the last one, make me wonder how Laura isn’t clubbing him on the head. 

I also recall Shane revealing that he stole snacks from the production people and gave them to Jeff and EJ. Don’t recall Jeff denying it. So much for handouts and Big Boy Pants (another snub of the women, haha).

And speaking of Big Boy pants, Jeff had to wear some when he pled guilty to a felony: https://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-top-story/pocatello-man-sentenced-for-insurance-fraud/58253016

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, rlc said:

So, did some digging last night because I’m giving this show way too much thought. 

Jeff’s 1st appearance on Naked and Afraid he was married to Gabby (the love of his life). Not sure when they split up, but Gabby is using her maiden name again, and is still LDS.

Currently, Jeff is smitten with Erin Muñoz, a musician. They have been dating less than a year. 

Can’t find mention of divorce on internet, but assume one occurred.

Erin loves to be photographed next to Jeff with her boobs shoved up to her chin. In other pictures of her when she’s just standing around, her chest is nowhere near that big. Jeff strikes me as someone who’ll run off with whichever pretty girl might be fun for a year.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AUJulia said:

And speaking of Big Boy pants, Jeff had to wear some when he pled guilty to a felony: https://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-top-story/pocatello-man-sentenced-for-insurance-fraud/58253016

Dear Jeff:

Geico owns the eels (money to fix your car).  They don't have to GIVE you any; you should have done without Geico's help and paid for your own repairs.  You STOLE the eels from Geico.  Or at least you tried to.  Busted!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Dear Jeff:

Geico owns the eels (money to fix your car).  They don't have to GIVE you any; you should have done without Geico's help and paid for your own repairs.  You STOLE the eels from Geico.  Or at least you tried to.  Busted!!!

Yeah, it’s because of stuff like this that insurance premiums can get high for all of us.  I’m glad he got caught.  Insurance companies are not a bottomless pit of money to steal from despite what some people think.  I don’t recall if the article stated it but I wonder if they dropped his coverage.  Would serve him right.  

• Love 3
Just now, Cobb Salad said:

I don’t recall if the article stated it but I wonder if they dropped his coverage.  Would serve him right.  

I used to work in the auto insurance industry.  I have NO DOUBT that they dropped his coverage for his fraudulent behavior.  Also, when you apply for coverage with a new company, they ask you about your prior coverage.  Not only that, insurance companies share a common database of claims, so if he applied for coverage with another company, his Geico claim would show up - as would the fact that it was a fraudulent claim.  He probably ended up with a non-standard company who will take pretty much anyone who has money for a down payment.  

Karma.  Hope it hits him as much on N&AXL as it probably did in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

@AZChristian

I think the General takes anyone.  You know the insurance company with the commercials with a cartoon General and a penguin riding around in a car.  I’m sure a nice high premium and deductible goes with this coverage.  

Yes, "The General" is one of the non-standard companies I referred to. 

Premiums are always dependent upon things like the deductible - lower deductible = higher premium, whatever company you use.  Basic premiums are created based on a bunch of generic data:  age, gender, residence.  But the fact that Jeff already had an accident would count against him and raise his rates.

Bottom line is, he didn't just get away with his fraud; his behavior will have consequences.  Or as we call it . . . karma!!!!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, "The General" is one of the non-standard companies I referred to. 

Premiums are always dependent upon things like the deductible - lower deductible = higher premium, whatever company you use.  Basic premiums are created based on a bunch of generic data:  age, gender, residence.  But the fact that Jeff already had an accident would count against him and raise his rates.

Bottom line is, he didn't just get away with his fraud; his behavior will have consequences.  Or as we call it . . . karma!!!!

Yeah, but we want to know about it, and SEE it. 

• LOL 1

So Jeff resenting people asking for handouts, expected a giant one for a fraudulent claim. Can't handle real life, eh, Jeff? Screwed up your marriage, got in trouble with the law, lost your insurance. No wonder you want to play in the jungle and still think you're a badass. You can't achieve anything. Please tap out. You stupid leech.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Screwed up your marriage, got in trouble with the law, lost your insurance. No wonder you want to play in the jungle and still think you're a badass.

Hah! Aint that the truth!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Jeff isn’t too bright is he? An off-duty cop called in the wreck and a deputy sheriff responded, for crying out loud!

I think he reported the accident as happening a couple of weeks AFTER he increased his coverage.  He didn't report the actual accident (which happened BEFORE he increased his coverage).  Then he claimed no one came to the second (non-existent) accident. 

In many jurisdictions, police won't do a report if there were no injuries and the only damage is to the one car involved.  So there would have been NO report for the first (real) accident, and he says law enforcement did not respond to the second (fictional) accident.  They probably didn't respond because he didn't call them.  If he had called, there would have been a record of the call.  I wonder if part of the evidence against him was the call from the off-duty cop to the county sheriff at the time of the original incident.

When was his first season on N&A?  He was on probation for three years, so he either got special permission to leave the country, or he was finished with probation.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

When was his first season on N&A?  He was on probation for three years, so he either got special permission to leave the country, or he was finished with probation.

According to IMDB, March 2014.  Depending on when it was filmed he might have appeared for the first time before he was sentenced.  

• Love 1

Jeff the Felon is out for himself on the show and in his insurance fraud.  Someone is only valuable to him when they have something he wants or needs.  Jeff the Felon would seek help from someone more able than Laura if he could find one.

Thanks AUJulia

Was his occupation listed as "Wilderness Guide" this episode?  I thought before it was something like survival instructor.  There are a lot of survival instructors on Alone, ....I wonder how many survival instructors America needs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Liberty said:

Was his occupation listed as "Wilderness Guide" this episode?  I thought before it was something like survival instructor.  There are a lot of survival instructors on Alone, ....I wonder how many survival instructors America needs.

Maybe we need more survival instructors just like we need more ninja warrior gyms . . . training people for future episodes!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

.I wonder how many survival instructors America needs.

The only instructors we need is on how to survive Jeff.

This message board feels like a support group sometimes. LOVE IT!

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Liberty said:

Jeff the Felon is out for himself on the show and in his insurance fraud.  Someone is only valuable to him when they have something he wants or needs.  Jeff the Felon would seek help from someone more able than Laura if he could find one.

Thanks AUJulia

With regard to the bolded part. Jeff keeps talking about how they need safety in numbers when they move camps. If I was the roommate tribe, I'd look at him and say, "We've chosen to stay together for a reason. You and Laura chose to do this on your own. Do that." Then, on the next TH, one of them should say, "We're not going to just hand out welfare protection. If you can't walk by yourself, you shouldn't be out here!"

Edited by Captain Asshat
Because pronouns need nouns
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Captain Asshat said:

With regard to the bolded part. He keeps talking about how they need safety in numbers when they move camps. If I was the roommate tribe, I'd look at him and say, "We've chosen to stay together for a reason. You and Laura chose to do this on your own. Do that." Then, on the next TH, one of them should say, "We're not going to just hand out welfare protection. If you can't walk by yourself, you shouldn't be out here!"

That would be fun to watch.  In the last episode when Jeff was telling us he wasn’t letting up regarding the pace when everyone else was going to slow for him, what was stopping him besides production?   He could have gone on ahead to stake out his spot and all the food, lol.  

“Wildness Guide”  is an occupation?  It sounds like one of those weekend or gap filler occupations when you’re in between jobs or preparing for an anticipated apocalypse.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

“Wildness Guide”  is an occupation?  It sounds like one of those weekend or gap filler occupations when you’re in between jobs or preparing for an anticipated apocalypse.  

He's just a loser who wants to be a Kardashian: Fame and fortune without having to have a job, just whore yourself out to social medias. Laura is just as much scum, but I'm afraid she is going to change her mind and attempt her own redemption challenge, and I will see what I can stomach when it happens. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/9/2019 at 1:42 AM, AUJulia said:

I remember Jeff saying he wasn’t deferring to a woman when he did the challenge with Prissy Eva and insisted on cooking a snake until it was carbon. His bossiness with Laura and his dismissive attitude toward the women on this XL, plus his refusal to let Dani join him and EJ on the last one, make me wonder how Laura isn’t clubbing him on the head. 

I also recall Shane revealing that he stole snacks from the production people and gave them to Jeff and EJ. Don’t recall Jeff denying it. So much for handouts and Big Boy Pants (another snub of the women, haha).

Thanks for that!

Another pompous, self-righteous blowhard who doesn't practice what he preaches.  Karma train, karma train......

• Love 3
(edited)

Can we get a gif of a coconut tree landing on Jeff’s head? He’s standing there droning on about blah blah blah, meanwhile James is hacking down a tree while he’s feeling like crap. Just shut up Jeff! 

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t understand Duck leaving.

Right. I feel bad for Charlie too but you're not doing him any good by leaving. I liked Duck and was a little disappointed that he tapped the last time, this one just pissed me off. Lame excuse for not being up for the challenge. At least he can tell his kids it was from the good of his heart. B.S.! Is he gonna ask for another redemption sometime in the future?

• Love 6

Duck’s leaving made no sense to me either.  Once Charlie made it to the hospital Duck was going to go home anyway so I don’t see the point.  I think there are others that should come back for redemption before we see Duck again.

So eating all that eel didn’t save Jeff from getting sick - ha!  He’s eaten the most out of all of them, karma caught up with him, lol.   I’m wondering if there was some intervention regarding those hooks he set that didn’t get anything.   It appears that he didn’t set all 20 lines but then he may not have had that much bait.

I liked the group’s solution to food dispersal when so little is caught at one time.  Interesting that Nicole won a piece and we haven’t seen her do too much.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

I liked the group’s solution to food dispersal when so little is caught at one time.  Interesting that Nicole won a piece and we haven’t seen her do too much.  

Lol, much? If she's done anything its all been off screen. I didn't even know her name was Nicole.

You just know it galled Jeff to give up those precious nibbles. Good for Laura for finally seeing the light and going with the team. Once the food sources died off Jeff lost all his mojo. Laura still looks damn strong. I hope nothing was seriously wrong with Jeff. I had a fever of a 103 once and I felt like hell never mind being naked and starving in an inhospitable land.

The previews for next week with a mess of bees/hornets/wasps jungle stingey things looks really bad.

• Love 2

I'd really love to know the time frame between the chest thumping eel devouring guy took this sudden header into fever town. It seemed like a quick turn around so it has to be something infectious given that high fever that took him down.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I'd really love to know the time frame between the chest thumping eel devouring guy took this sudden header into fever town. It seemed like a quick turn around so it has to be something infectious given that high fever that took him down.

So would I.  With his go it alone/I’m with Laura and only loyal to her motto he might have run into something the others didn’t encounter.  Then it could have just been chance and he lost.

About Nicole, if she’s doing anything I guess it’s not interesting enough for the cameras.  It’s nice we don’t have any jerks in this group who call out someone for not “doing their part” and bully them out.  

• Love 3

I think Nicole is surviving on a huge piece of humble pie from her last stint on N&A. In her first appearance she was very serious about the pride she had in her ability to be a badass and showed examples in the back yard of her parents large estate. If you can, find that episode and rewatch. It's pretty funny. Sorry I can't remember off the top of my head which season and episode it was,, but Anyhoo that's why I think she's staying quietly in the background this time. If I recall correctly she did an awful lot of sitting around doing nothing last time too, but last time it didn't stop her from boasting about what a great, self trained survivalist she was. 

• LOL 5

woke up this morning, knowing I had dreamed was trying to remember it. It came to me, I had dreamed I had my hair in little French braids all over my head, however instead of looking like Bo Derek in 10 I looked like Duck & Russ 🤦‍♀️ needless to say I was disappointed 🤣 

• LOL 7
On 7/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, Lady Iris said:

Backyard huh? That's about as survivally as I want to get. I'll have to look out for her ep.

I watched it via the Discovery Go app.  IIRC it’s a 6th season episode.  She apparently has issues regarding her relationship with her mother. 

• Useful 1

I was finally able to watch last Sunday’s episode. Jeff is so loathsome that I am actively routing against him (I mean, not death or anything- just not making it to 60 DAYS). He is like a petulant child who is fine all day while he’s getting exactly what he wants, but as soon as things aren’t going exactly his way his tummy hurts, and he’s hungry but he wants the vanilla ice cream but not the one with the specks in it, but it needs to be in the special bowl, no, the other bowl, and STOP LOOKING AT ME. 

Again- don’t wish a serious illness on him. Just very strongly dislike him and his oversized ego.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Nice fishing James and otherwise invisible woman. 

Asshole Jeff gets fed by the group he wouldn't share with.   Now he's all nicey nicey.  Don;t fall for the Mormon bullshit folks!

Gut him and eat him before he does it to you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I was on the phone for half the episode so I didn’t pay attention for that part.   Anyway, looks like Nicole did do something useful at the end.  It was a long walk for her to find that pond at the 11th hour to go back to get James and the fishnet but I’m glad they got some good fish.   

Programming note - that post show get together where it looks like Charlie and Jeff have it out is this Saturday, not Sunday after a re airing of tonight’s episode.  It should be entertaining.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1