Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Blink

A diner heist; officers struggle under the new supervisor; an officer goes rogue.

I think Andy's relationship w. Nick was comfortable. They are friends, they care about each other, and it's fun and easy. Such a difference in what she had w. Sam. The question becomes does she want easy w. Nick or love, true love, w. Sam? Andy moved on w. Nick and even though I don't ship them, at all, I think she could make a go of it w. him. But would that be enough? Looking forward to the questions and the decisions. Though I'll have to wait a whole other month for the premiere! :-}

I'm surprised, but then again not that Sam hasn't spoken to his sister in years. Hate that Frank has to take the fall, Sam and Marlow especially should have to take the fall.

I liked the hostage situation scenes at the diner.

Nick just proved how good guy he still is with going to find Sam's next of kin. I wonder if they'll have something happen between her and Nick?

• Love 1

Oh hey, Stacy Farber! I haven't seen her around since that 18 to Life show with Michael Seater. 

Wow, Nick the good guy, although he probably should have answered Traci's calls. I hope nothing happens between Nick and Sam's sister. I think Sam and Andy getting back together is enough heartbreak for poor Nick. Sam would not exactly be pleased if his sister got together with the one guy who almost took Andy away from him. 

I did like the hostage situation. I felt for both kids, especially when the guy died because they clearly weren't exactly planning anything big, but things clearly got out of hand. It's one of the situations where you don't really know what the right thing to do is. The kids were in too deep, the waitress saw a gun about to go off, and the owner/waiter guy took his chance to send for help. But thank goodness nothing happened to anyone else.

Oh boy, Traci's baby daddy drama isn't going to be pleasant, although Steve seems to be taking care of it for her. I don't think that's going to bode well for their new relationship. 

Dov and Chloe still doesn't work for me, although their last scene was sort of cute. I also really liked Oliver and Chloe's scene where they're continuously calling Dov. I'm growing to like Chloe, but I don't really like her relationship with Dov.

Because of my dislike for Sam from last season, I liked not having to see him until the end, although I will admit his scene with Andy was sort of adorable. They're both ok when they're not angsting over pointless drama.

And Frank's gone. Oh great.

Gail and Holly were cute too, but nice to see Gail clearly having a mental breakdown. Poor girl; things are just moving way too fast for her to keep up. Although... if I remember correctly, they had just kissed in the second to last episode last season, right? And just started something? It seems like they've been dating for weeks to me, although maybe it's just me feeling like it's been forever.

All in all, it was an ok premiere, nothing too special.

• Love 1

They're both ok when they're not angsting over pointless drama.

Yeah that was why I kind of liked them together to begin with (although at the time I preferred Luke); they have lovely chemistry.  But they also have a wildly unhealthy relationship and I really hate this "OTP" nonsense on TV so I'm hoping they move on from each other. 

(edited)

... But they also have a wildly unhealthy relationship and I really hate this "OTP" nonsense on TV so I'm hoping they move on from each other. 

This is how I see it; how can something that appears to bring out the worst in each of them be healthy? Forget true love, how can it be sustainable over time?

It doesn't help that his sister, Little Orphan Anvil Swarek, kept dropping "hints" to Nick about how "You don't really know my brother at all."

And those two diner holdup artists just annoyed me. I kept hoping they'd both die gruesome deaths.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Andy and Sam have issues, true. Would I classify them as unhealthy? Nope. 
I think the introduction of Sam's sister + Sam's getting shot and almost dying = him having a revelation about his life and his relationship w. Andy. Think we'll find out why he wasn't more emotional verbal in he & Andy's relationship. Andy and Sam had some wonderful moments of genuine love .. End of season 2 and 80% of season 3 [before Jerry died]. Easy and simple and happy w/o issues is not what a couple on a television drama make. Looking forward to seeing the exploration of Sam's backstory. 

• Love 1

I agree that this was a rather lackluster premier, but at the same time it needed to solve the drama from the finale of S4. Which it did.  The highlight for me was Chloe and Oliver calling Dov.  That had me laughing out loud, which was nice levity.  

I couldn't help but feel bad for Andy. Talk about the worst day EVER. Yikes. Everyone stay away from Andy or you're likely to get shot. 

I couldn't help but feel bad for Andy. Talk about the worst day EVER. Yikes. Everyone stay away from Andy or you're likely to get shot. 

It felt almost like a callback to the first season, where we could have made a drinking game of the regularity with which getting close to Andy meant getting close to DEATH!

Gail and Holly were cute too, but nice to see Gail clearly having a mental breakdown. Poor girl; things are just moving way too fast for her to keep up. Although... if I remember correctly, they had just kissed in the second to last episode last season, right? And just started something? It seems like they've been dating for weeks to me, although maybe it's just me feeling like it's been forever.

Yeah they kissed for the first time earlier in the day (or maybe it was the day before?). But it's kind of like they had been dating for weeks without actually knowing they were dating, during the latter half of season four. So the way they were with each other this episode felt appropriate to me.

I always felt like they never properly addressed Gail's reaction and mental state following Jerry's death and her kidnapping. And I don't expect them to delve into it at all in the future, but having a mini-breakdown and cutting off all her hair in the wake of her friends almost dying seems pretty spot-on. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Read this and had to share. I agree. Andy isn't an idiot b/c she chose to be with the man she loves and not stay w. Nick b/c that would be the easy choice. In my humble opinion:

I love how all the “Nick/Andy” fans want to bash Andy and call her an idiot. And I’m still trying to figure out what exactly she did!
She’s an idiot because she not IN LOVE with Nick but in love with Sam? Because she realized that it’s going to always be Sam… She could have easily dragged things on. But she was upfront and honest. She didn’t hesitate for one second even Nick asked if she loved Sam. It was a quick and honest YES. She never led him on. She honestly tried to move on. She liked Nick. They had fun but she wasn’t in love with him! She loves him like a friend. It’s not some epic love story. I’m sure she feels bad he got hurt. It’s not like she set out to hurt him. But you cannot help who you love. And it doesn’t matter if being with Nick was easier, less drama. Just like Missy said , Andy realizes that her and Sam have to work harder. That being with the person you truly love requires more work and they are wiling to do it this time. It’s a risk but they both have grown and are going to be better. She’s not an idiot. She made a choice and didn’t drag things out. She was honest with herself and Nick. Her character is not regressing. She’s growing. And she showed so much growth and strength last night. She’s not an idiot just because she chose Sam

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

The Gail and Holly scene was one of the best I've seen on the show. Kudos to the writers for it, and the actresses were so good too (Holly's actress isn't always the best - but how hot is she? Holy smokes! - but she was on point here.) But... cold shower, Holly? Seriously. I had to laugh out loud at that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Had to watch it on ABC.com. Well we pick up where we left off last season, Oliver, Sam and Chloe in hospital. Andy breaking the news to Nick that she wanted to try again with Sam. Maybe this time it will work or she can get him out of her system. Was nice for Nick to find Sam's sister Sarah. But they didn't get along. Wonder if we will see her again?

I don't really like that Frank lost his position. And I don't like the new Inspector John Jarvis.

Time will tell what will happen after he talks to Nick. I hope Frank isn't out for long.

I did like that Oliver went to see Chloe. It was funny they were trying to reach Dov. Not good she had her seizure. Nice she had sent Wes home. And she wants to be with Dov. I am surprised Frank hadn't asked about her and Wes. Or said something before now to Dov about him.

Gail upset cut her hair and then gets hot with Holly. cool.

Steve Peck having someone check into Dex won't make Traci happy.

I think Dov and Andy did well in the Diner. You could see that Courtney and Zack were afraid. Thought the pregnant lady who wanted the milkshake was annoying. I was surprised Lewis thought he could slip that note to her infront of them. Then the waitress shoots Zack.

Edited by webruce