Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E23: Quintessential Deckerstar

MostlyC

I don't care how well it was done. If they had to kill someone off, I wish it had been Chloe. Tricia Helfer is a hellofa better actress.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:21 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Amenadiel and Charlotte were the best pairing on the show by 100000 miles and it just got snuffed out... Still it was an emotional and good episode... I had to DVR the epi and by accident I saw a headline abt the episode with tragedy  in it.. So when I saw the "previously on" and then her dream I knew Charlotte was done for... And that's too bad I wanted a spinoff with those two plus maze and Linda... Helping ppl and catching bad guys or somn.. But with an angel and  a demon... I'd much rather that then 38 mins of Lucifer not getting the point and Chloe looking like she was pounding red bull all night... 

I'd watch that show.  It would be awesome.

The acting of most of the cast this season has been very good, but the storyline sucked.

• Love 5

From the episode description: "Lucifer gets a tragic phone call that changes everything."   Not true; Chloe got the phone call.  And who exactly called her? Not Amenadiel; he didn't even call 911.  Not Dan; Chloe got to the crime scene before him.  Why would a random police officer call Chloe to notify her?  Did they search Charlotte's body and find a note that said: "In case of an emergency, call Chloe Decker?"  I'm also a little surprised that instead of comforting Dan, whom she's still close to, at the crime scene, Chloe went to hug Lucifer.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Harris tweeted yesterday that the show would be over once Lucifer tells Chloe. So, apparently, cast and crew are of the opinion that they can't have a show afterwards. I don't understand why they think that but, apparently, they do.

While I'm happy they finally had their moment, these shows keep falling into the same trap; our leads are destined to be together but keeping them apart too long makes the story suffer ... but once they are together, what then?

You could be Sleepy Hollow, where they refused to put the two leads together even if they should have been and it hurts the show.

You could be Bones where the two leads get together and you simply adapt the story to suit that which takes a lot of thinking.

or you could be The X-Files where it was mostly ambiguous towards the end.

I think a good group of writers could pull off Lucifer and Chloe as a couple solving crimes. (ie. One's a mortal and the other is The Devil this fall on Fox!) I'm just not sure these writers could pull it off.

They could put them together and then let him work out his issues with his father - and that would remain true to what the show was always about. 

Either way I hope that if they get renewed they're smart enough to NOT break them up again. No one needs to see that.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, FiveByFive said:

Either way I hope that if they get renewed they're smart enough to NOT break them up again. No one needs to see that.

I agree with this sentiment. Navigating the weirdness of the Celestial would be a whole new learning curve for Chloe. It would revive the story options I think.  I've always assumed the final end game will see Lucifer heading back to heaven or maybe even his own universe (I think this is what happened in the comics). Not sure how Chloe would fit in that scenario though, especially with Trixie to care for. All I really want is that they allow the story to be told with a decent wrap up in the final series we get. Give the writers enough warning to do it so it remains a good overall viewing experience. I've been grateful for years now that Person of Interest at least was able to wrap up its story lines, even if done in a bit of a rush, and I can only wish the same for Lucifer.

4 hours ago, FiveByFive said:

I need to see it. Being in love with Chloe has completely ruined the character of Lucifer. They could work as partners and friends, but as a couple? Just no. The best thing the show could do is write Chloe out altogether. The next best thing is breaking her spell over Lucifer and sidelining her to an occasional crime solving partner while Lucifer goes back to being Lucifer, the magnetic, suave, bachelor owner of Lux who likes to party hard by night and amuse himself solving murders by day. With more celestial plots thrown in and far, far less soapy love stories. 

• Love 6

A reason for Chloe's existence on the show other than "God made her for Lucifer" needs to be found, pronto!  More scenes of Lucifer and Chloe's relationships .with the other characters would be nice. Chloe and Dan, you have a child spend some time and concern on her.

Lucifer, hang out with the guys more.

Chloe, hang out with the girls more.

Stop making the crime of the week an afterthought.  Who did it?  Who cares?  It was the first guy!  Its always the first guy.

Go full comic book.  Make Ella Death and Dan Morpheus.  Just do something!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Chloe, hang out with the girls more.

The only time I really liked Chloe was way back when she went out drinking with Linda and Maze. I can't remember if Ella was there, but she was almost enjoyable in that scene. And I love when Lucy hangs with Dan. They play well off each other. And really any pairing that isn't Lucy and Chloe who just have zero spark together. I can't help but wonder if it's because they are trying too hard to make it some angsty, epic true love and are not hitting it, or because they really just don't work that well together (not because either are at fault, just because some people just don't gel).

• Love 3
On 5/8/2018 at 8:16 AM, Ria said:

Charlotte and Amenadiel were magic together. Good writing, good chemistry and good acting all the way around. 

I felt bad for Dan too. Genuinely cared for Charlotte. Nothing lame about either of his gifts. A waffle maker is nice if you want to make waffles together. 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:39 AM, Mabinogia said:

I really wish they had hired her to play Chloe. Of course then they'd have to write Chloe better since Tricia is way too good to play the crap they give Chloe. But damn would she have generated some heat with Lucifer. I'd also kind of understand two immortals falling for her. She's got that special something that makes people gravitate towards her.

I just have to say, this is the single worst episode name I have ever heard in my life. It sounds like a 14 year olds fanfic title. When shows use a cutesy portmanteau in the title of an ep you know the show is sinking fast. They don't seem to care about anything beyond Lucy luvs Chloe, complete with twee little hearts all around it.

This ep I may actually watch. I haven't seen one since...the one after the one with Linda's ex I think. IDK, nothing this season has held my interest enough to really remember what I saw. But Charlotte really grew on me, I love Tricia, so to get to see her act her ass off will be worth suffering through Chloe I guess.

On 5/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, Commando Cody said:

I never agreed with the casting of Tricia Helfer as Mom. It took until the end of this season but I realized, during the episode that they killed her off, that the character of Charlotte was growing on me. It was a great death scene with Amenadiel flying her up to heaven. 

I can't think of the coroner's name right now, but it always seems so unprofessional to go on and on about personal stuff at a crime scene. 

This show is so wonky with its characters. They made me dislike characters I used to care about and start to care about characters I didn't like. 

On 5/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, tennisgurl said:

Wow, where has this emotion been all season? I actually got teary eyed at the end, the acting was just that good. I figured that Charlotte was going to die, but I had really grown fond of her, and it seemed like a good end to her arc. She finally becomes a better person, and goes to heaven. And that shot of Amenadiel getting his wings back and flying to heaven was lovely. I will miss them together, they were so great as a team. Tricia is a great actress. 

Poor, poor Dan. I thought both of his gifts were good, if waffles are a thing between them. Its not like Lucifer is the king of relationships Dan, I wouldn't be listening to him! Maybe Dan can be the next person to get counseling from Doctor Linda? Freaking Cain. What an asshole. 

Yes, yes, big yes to all the above. 

The jaded (realistic?) side of me says they'd never have hired an *gasp* older actress to play the main love interest / lead /whatever Chloe is anyway.

Poor Dan, having to lose Charlotte twice. 

13 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

From the episode description: "Lucifer gets a tragic phone call that changes everything."   Not true; Chloe got the phone call.  And who exactly called her? Not Amenadiel; he didn't even call 911.  Not Dan; Chloe got to the crime scene before him.  Why would a random police officer call Chloe to notify her?  Did they search Charlotte's body and find a note that said: "In case of an emergency, call Chloe Decker?"  I'm also a little surprised that instead of comforting Dan, whom she's still close to, at the crime scene, Chloe went to hug Lucifer.

That's right! They never did wrap that up. Did Cain call her, hoping to lead her and Luci to the scene for nefarious reasons to be revealed in Part 2? Hmm...

The byplay between Luci and Chloe during the interrogation scenes was beautiful. And Tom Ellis continues to kill it with the eyes in all the emotional scenes. Damn. 

I was yelling, "FINALLY" at Lucifer when he finally started talking to Chloe like he should have ages ago...though I informed him most categorically that he was an idiot for building it up to "I really am the devil" instead of "I love you."

I'd like to take Chloe's "Not to me" as she has always seen him exactly as who he is--up to and including that yes, he's Mr. Devil, all right--but she sees the good in him, the "real" him, not the caricature he's been made into. This might not equate with some of S1, but if she still has her "I can tell when people are lying" schtick, it could fit in. 

Or I just have fond memories of Fredric March and the way the plot went in "Death Takes a Holiday." 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FiveByFive said:

While I'm happy they finally had their moment, these shows keep falling into the same trap; our leads are destined to be together but keeping them apart too long makes the story suffer ... but once they are together, what then?

I think with Lucifer as the devil there are plenty of possibilities for this show. A relationship is complicated enough but Lucifer isn't a fan of children yet there is Trixie. Is Lucifer really ready to be a monogamous relationship? How would he feel about it after a few weeks? What about his celestial existence? He is still the devil, as far as we know he doesn't get drunk, he's not opposed to drugs, he doesn't need sleep, he's got wings, and there are probably several other quirks that relate to that. What if Chloe wants more? How would he deal with that?

And that's all before addressing the big question: how will she react when something happens that makes her realize that he really is the devil?

If they have to put them together, then there's plenty that they could do with them as a couple. (Though am one of those who prefers them as friends. But I fear that their endgame is to make Lucifer mortal).

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

I think with Lucifer as the devil there are plenty of possibilities for this show. A relationship is complicated enough but Lucifer isn't a fan of children yet there is Trixie. Is Lucifer really ready to be a monogamous relationship? How would he feel about it after a few weeks? What about his celestial existence? He is still the devil, as far as we know he doesn't get drunk, he's not opposed to drugs, he doesn't need sleep, he's got wings, and there are probably several other quirks that relate to that. What if Chloe wants more? How would he deal with that?

And that's all before addressing the big question: how will she react when something happens that makes her realize that he really is the devil?

If they have to put them together, then there's plenty that they could do with them as a couple. (Though am one of those who prefers them as friends. But I fear that their endgame is to make Lucifer mortal).

I don’t know, I’m skeptical.  And this would be changing the show from Lucifer on Earth to something much more mundane. I’m not interested in watching “Luci Loves Chloe”.  The show already has lost viewers this season, which focused so much on love affairs and Lucifer not being the Lucifer of prior seasons. I don’t think that’s what their audience had tuned in for. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CheshireCat said:

Is Lucifer really ready to be a monogamous relationship? How would he feel about it after a few weeks? What about his celestial existence?

Isn't immortality the same problem Cain had? He would outlive any romantic relationship. For him it was a curse.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
3 minutes ago, Ria said:

I don’t know, I’m skeptical.  And this would be changing the show from Lucifer on Earth to something much more mundane. I’m not interested in watching “Luci Loves Chloe”.  The show already has lost viewers this season, which focused so much on love affairs and Lucifer not being the Lucifer of prior seasons. I don’t think that’s what their audience had tuned in for. 

I agree. As I've said before, the only way that I would have wanted Lucifer and Chloe to get together would have been if they had done a story inspired by Hades and Persephone. But since TPTB want them together this would have been things to explore after they got together, so they could have put them together much, much earlier.

1 minute ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Isn't immortality the same problem Cain had? He would outlive any romantic relationship. For him it was a curse.

Lucifer's vulnerable around Chloe, so I guess, he can kill himself and die with her if he wanted to. I was thinking more along the lines of having a demon as a friend, having celestial powers and siblings and a father who is God and possibly having celestial stuff around, that kind of thing.

• Love 1

My favourite endgame would be a redeemed Lucifer. He can keep running Hell, if he likes punishing evil so much, but at peace with Dad and himself. Becoming human would be the most boring ending I can imagine. 

I don't think that getting Luci and Chloe together would ruin the show at all. I mean, if the only thing that keeps your show alive is the will they/won't they, you have a serious problem. The writers have endless possibilities! So let's say Chloe finds out the truth in the season finale. She can spend next season trying to come to terms with the fact that Lucifer is indeed the Devil and thinking about the consequences of a long-term relationship with him. Like he's inmortal and she's not, that kind of things. Meanwhile, you make them deal with some supernatural creature, (and this time she knows exactly what's going on, and how life next to the Devil really looks like). At the end of the season, she says yes, okay, I love you, let's do this. And in the following season, there's zero drama in their relationship, but they can be trying to find out what happens exactly with Chloe, why Lucifer's powers don't work on her etc while they're fighting another supernatural creature with worse intentions than the previous one. (I haven't read the comics, but I bet there are awesome villains). It's even better if you use all the supernatural stuff to talk about something deep. The point is, it can be done. You just need the will to do it.

• Love 2
On 5/8/2018 at 8:26 AM, Emma9 said:

I want to say Dan was a bright spot in this one too, but what??? Your girlfriend tells you about her nightmares of her children being brutally murdered over the breakfast table, and your idea for making her feel better is to buy cutesy waffle-themed presents? I didn't think they were lame, but deliberately making funny references to the very thing that's horrifying her strikes me as a very strange choice.

I don't think she told him all the details of the nightmare, just the murdery bits. I think the waffle reference in the dream, and the waffle reference in real life were meant to imply that within this relationship, waffles is their thing.So it was part of the dream because it's part of their routine. Not that he heard about the waffles in the dream and thusly incorporated it into a weird gift. Waffles is Dan's new pudding, is what I'm getting from this episode.

That said, I thought in the first Charlotte episode she had two young daughters, but in the dream one was suddenly a son? And her dream kids seemed older than they should be by now. But maybe that was intentional and a clue that it was a dream.

I thought her death was entirely underwhelming. Partly, the blocking almost looked like Amenadiel used her as a shield, rather than her accidentally/intentionally getting in front of him. So that was odd. It just...is not interesting to me to end one season with a character's death and then end the next season (pt 1) with...the same character's death. It's boring.

Much like how A's wings showed up the second Charlotte died, I expected L's face to turn when they kissed. I was actually kind of surprised it didn't. So I guess, yay writers for actually surprising me for once? But also I think it would've been HILARIOUS if the transition went from his "no really, I'm the devil, I keep telling you this" and then she says "nah" and then they kiss, and then she sees the face and starts screaming. OR alternate ending: she sees the face, does not scream, is not at all afraid, and it turns out Decker's been so boring and nonchalant with all his otherwise insane sounding rants because she always believe him and is much more in the know about this shit than we thought. Duhn duhn duhnn Decker was keeping His secrets all along and is not a pawn.

I don't actually think that'll happen. But it'd be more interesting than the Decker we 've got.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

It just...is not interesting to me to end one season with a character's death and then end the next season (pt 1) with...the same character's death. It's boring.

haha, I hadn't thought about that. So, next season will they bring her back so they can kill her again, again?

47 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

But also I think it would've been HILARIOUS if the transition went from his "no really, I'm the devil, I keep telling you this" and then she says "nah" and then they kiss, and then she sees the face and starts screaming. OR alternate ending: she sees the face, does not scream, is not at all afraid, and it turns out Decker's been so boring and nonchalant with all his otherwise insane sounding rants because she always believe him and is much more in the know about this shit than we thought. Duhn duhn duhnn Decker was keeping His secrets all along and is not a pawn.

My dream would have been they kiss and Lucy goes, "That's it?" then goes back to womanizing, drinking and being his awesome self.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ria said:

I’m not interested in watching “Luci Loves Chloe”.  The show already has lost viewers this season, which focused so much on love affairs and Lucifer not being the Lucifer of prior seasons. I don’t think that’s what their audience had tuned in for. 

There seems to be a very vocal 'deckerstar' fandom on tumblr.  They only watch the show for Chole and Lucifer and obsess over any 'romantic' interaction.  However, the central focus this season of Lucifer obsessed and mooning over Chloe despite his conviction that his love/affection for her has been caused by his hated father has made him into a puppy-dog like figure.  It's no wonder viewers haven't been impressed.  I would actually also prefer them working as collegues rather than lovers. Its also actually hard to see Lucifer as monogamous and I imagine it would kill Chloe to "share" him.

They also need to stop the whole episode long plots of him copying humans to try and work out what they are doing. They've done too many of them now and its just making him look stupid.

• Love 5
On 5/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, johntfs said:

His wings didn't manifest until after she'd already died.

BTW, does any have a full close-up of Ella's T-shirt.  I got "I'm a Little Devil" but couldn't read the rest of it.

He left a feather behind. Is someone going to be brought back to life in the finale?

On 5/7/2018 at 10:07 PM, Jlina said:

I was beyond moved.  Cannot believe this show brought tears to my eyes.    Trisha is a helluva actress.  They pulled it out and finally delivered the gut punch I used to feel often.  Amenidiel was amazing with his facial expressions.  I hate Pierce with a thousand blazing sun's.

I didn't think I could hate Tom Welling more than in the last seasons of Smallville.

On 5/8/2018 at 9:44 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Theyve been the best pairing on the show by far... Such magnetism without the trophy love interest story.. Just two interesting characters working well together I would have been first in line for a spinoff with them leading the show.. In a few episodes of "sleuthing" they captured everything that Luci and Chloe should have.. Minus the romance and they still radiated of the screen way more 

Someone in management secretly hates Lauren German.. That's why her character is so horrible and they keep finding ways to make her look disheveled 

Frankly, she still looks a little weird when she's dolled up, too.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ketose said:

I didn't think I could hate Tom Welling more than in the last seasons of Smallville.

Yeah, but at least now you're hating him on purpose.  You're supposed to hate him because he's a horrible human being who's done horrible, evil shit. 

As for the feather, I kind of doubt it.  I think that was for Lucifer to realize "Oh, shite, an angel was involved here" and/or "Oh shite, Amenadiel has wings again."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

As for the feather...I think that was for Lucifer to realize "Oh, shite, an angel was involved here" and/or "Oh shite, Amenadiel has wings again."

Oh, I think Lucifer recognized the significance of the feather even before he picked it up, and if there was any doubt he recognized the feather as belonging to Amenadiel.   I think after that he was trying to figure out what new fresh hell his father had devised for him now.  Maybe he wondered if finding out Charlotte had been killed and Amenadiel was there right after he and Chloe kissed, he was wondered if it was a warning that any further kissy stuff with Chloe would bring about another death, each one more hurtful to him than the one before.

Whatever dear old Dad had in mind when he created Chloe, Lucifer has got to wonder if her existance is to punish him.  It would be the perfect punishment for the fallen angel whose job it is to punish evil doers.  Make him fall in love with her and just when he kisses her and she's totally into it, rip it all away.  When everyone they know starts to drop dead, what are the chances Chloe is going to be in the mood for sexy times? 

Now Lucifer has to prove his love by not acting on their mutual attraction and watching as Chole gets hurt yet again over another failed love affair.  How can he tell her that any further hanky panky might cause the death of someone she loves?  Who would believe that?  She's much more likely to wonder if she's a lousy kisser or something and retreat to lick her wounds in private. 

To ease her pain, Lucifer should just make his excuses and go back to Hell, but where would be the fun in that?  Far better for him to try to hang around while giving out mixed signals all over the place for Chloe to obsess over and Linda is going to earn a high spot in heaven as she tries to keep these two from killing each other out of sheer frustration because the show has to come to a screeching halt if Chloe finally realizes she's been playing "will they won't they" with Satan all this time.

9 hours ago, johntfs said:

As for the feather, I kind of doubt it.  I think that was for Lucifer to realize "Oh, shite, an angel was involved here" and/or "Oh shite, Amenadiel has wings again."

My take on this is that the penny will hopefully finally drop for Lucifer when he puts the feather together with his last conversation with his brother and he will realise he alone is the source of both his wings coming back and the lack of devil face, just as Amenadiel suggested.   His big brother turned out to be much smarter than Lucifer gave him credit for.

I'm glad the two brothers got go know each other better though. Its hard to believe now that Amenadiel would agree to working against Lucifer in the future with any of their other siblings. He's very different from the angel we met at the beginning of the series.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

It just...is not interesting to me to end one season with a character's death and then end the next season (pt 1) with...the same character's death. It's boring.

20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

haha, I hadn't thought about that. So, next season will they bring her back so they can kill her again, again?

Next season on Lucifer:

Ella: Oh my Dear old Dad, the writers killed Charlotte!

Dan: You bastards!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I thought her death was entirely underwhelming. Partly, the blocking almost looked like Amenadiel used her as a shield, rather than her accidentally/intentionally getting in front of him. So that was odd. It just...is not interesting to me to end one season with a character's death and then end the next season (pt 1) with...the same character's death. It's boring.

What are you talking about?  Charlotte died at the beginning of Season Two (and was inhabited by Mom) but she was restored to life at the end of Season Two when Mom left for her own dimension.

The sending Mom to the other dimension seemed like it should've re-killed Charlotte's body before we found out Charlotte was re-alive in her own body after Mom vacated. That's what I was talking about.

Basically they hired Tricia Helfer to play three death scenes and I think that's too many.

6 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Oh, another thing that I remembered, so, now Amenediels wings are white, while in season 1 they were black. Why?

Look again. They are a dark grey, almost black in the final scene. They haven't changed. The feather Lucifer picked up is also dark, though not black. Its not a white feather.

7 hours ago, Ivydoom said:

Chloe is a goody-two-shoes and it would be just really weird if her personality suddenly changed. I don't believe she would actually date The Devil. Ever. And Lucifer giving up his devilness just to be with Chloe just really feels like a series ender to me.

Nice summary.  Part of this season's problem is that Lucifer hasn't been the Devil, and not much of an Angel either.....just some handsome guy mooning over a girl who honestly doesn't seem that fascinating and that's not what most viewers want to see. I hope the ratings have taught the writers something important here for if we get a season 4.

• Love 7

Let's introduce another Lucifer interest.  I won't call it love because his love interest is not the lust interest so often featured everywhere.

Lucifer walks down a city street.  A woman in front of him hears the click of an expired parking meter, and puts money into it.  And walks away and then does it again a block later.

This gets his interest and he asks her why?  She doesn't pepper spray him, but, unimpressed by his good looks, says she tries to start each day with at least one good deed.  This intrigues him.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, enoughcats said:

This gets his interest and he asks her why?  She doesn't pepper spray him, but, unimpressed by his good looks, says she tries to start each day with at least one good deed.  This intrigues him.

This would have been a cool way to introduce Ella before introducing her the new CSI person.  That seems like a very Ella thing for somebody to do.

Speaking of Ella, the last episode I really recall Lucifer being "Devilish" was the one with her brother where Lucifer threatened him into not disappointing her.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2018 at 9:08 PM, Defeated said:

Dammit, show!   Why u hit me in the feelz?

i have to admit, I would have cackled gleefully if it had been Chloe.  I'm a bad person. 

That's probably why it was Charlotte, they knew half the audience would be going "wait, really? Finally!" if it was Chloe. :D  It would kind of lessen the effect they were going for. 

• Love 2
On 5/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, Ria said:

I need to see it. Being in love with Chloe has completely ruined the character of Lucifer. They could work as partners and friends, but as a couple? Just no. The best thing the show could do is write Chloe out altogether. The next best thing is breaking her spell over Lucifer and sidelining her to an occasional crime solving partner while Lucifer goes back to being Lucifer, the magnetic, suave, bachelor owner of Lux who likes to party hard by night and amuse himself solving murders by day. With more celestial plots thrown in and far, far less soapy love stories. 

Yeah I honestly don't see the point in making them a romantic couple. Why is that even necessary? It actually gives them less to write about.  Just take them off the table as a romantic couple and it opens tons of writing possibilities.  They should definitely be focusing more on the celestial and more on Lucifer being the damn devil for goodness sake. :)  They could get rid of Chloe entirely or just leave her as "one of the gang", a friend who doesn't have to be in every episode.  Honestly I like Dan more than Chloe, I like Dan's interactions with Lucifer more than Chloe's.

And if as someone suggested it's about making a Lucifer an Earthbound advocate for humanity, well, it should be about loving humanity, not just because he fell in love with one very very dull girl.  He's met lots of humans now, some of them he seems to really care about(like Linda).  Chloe has fulfilled her purpose - she isn't needed anymore.

• Love 5

And... Charlotte's gone for good now, it seems.  Kind of had a feeling they were building up to that with her wanting to redeem herself for her past transactions, and wondering if she could ever get to heaven.  At least the latter seems likely, since it lead to Amenadiel getting his wings back and flying her up.  I wish they did a better job at leading up to all of this, but Tricia Helfer crushed it, at least.  And I do feel bad for Amenadiel too.  And, of course, poor Dan.  This show really enjoys watching him suffer, it seems.

Meanwhile, Lucifer finally decides to tell Chloe the truth about being the actual devil, but since he can't prove it, she doesn't believe that part, but it seems their romance might be back on track.  I would care more, if this entire love triangle with them and Pierce didn't ruin it already.

Case of the week was easy, because it was obviously going to be Doug Savant.

Maze finally realizes she is preparing to cross a bridge too far by killing Amenadiel, which is nice, but it still doesn't change how badly this season has handled her character. I want to see her make amends with Trixie, dammit!

At least they had Ella acknowledge and apologize for making Chloe's bachelorette part all about her.

Compared to the past few episodes, this was actually pretty good, but next week's finale better end with Cain/Pierce getting taken out.  If this show is lucky enough to get picked up again, they really need a hard reset, and a start will be no longer having this bore around.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

but next week's finale better end with Cain/Pierce getting taken out.  

This. Welling is nice eye candy but wow, he sucks the enjoyment right out of this show. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, katmax said:

Look again. They are a dark grey, almost black in the final scene. They haven't changed. The feather Lucifer picked up is also dark, though not black. Its not a white feather.

But they are not black either. That's was my point. They were grey. While in S1 they were pitch black.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Lucifer finally decides to tell Chloe the truth about being the actual devil, but since he can't prove it, she doesn't believe that part, but it seems their romance might be back on track. 

Which leads us back to, if she doesn’t believe him, she must think he’s delusional, mentally ill or playing a very weird game. And yet she let’s him around her kid and is in love with what she must believe is a fake persona. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

But they are not black either. That's was my point. They were grey. While in S1 they were pitch black.

Pretty sure they weren't "pitch black". I always saw them as grey-ish.

• Love 2
(edited)

So much good this episode.

- Maze decides being a dick for no reason for a whole seaosn maybe wasn't the best use of her time and actually does the decent thing

- Lucifer actually tells Chloe what he feels, in his own way

- Amenadiel learns that it's not god dicking with them, but that it's all based on their own feelings. Just like with humans.

- Charlotte gets into heaven

- Pierce is an all out villian and I'm counting this as a plus here, as that's the best we can hope for with this dumb character

- Linda finally got through to Lucifer it seems. When she finally learns about it, she will feel the biggest feeling of accomplishment anybody has ever felt.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're cancelled. Just when the writers were turning things back around.

On 7.5.2018 at 3:25 AM, Shades of Red said:

I liked Charlotte and didn't have a problem with her.  Wonder how they'll solve this one?

I think this was supposed to be the end for her character. Amenadiel was flying her to heaven at the end. I would have missed Tricia Helfer. But now that she show is cancelled, it's kinda moot anyway.

On 8.5.2018 at 8:54 AM, Damselfly said:

From the moment they brought Charlotte back at the end of last season, I feared that this would be exactly what the writers would do: end her character in a clichéd "redemption equals death" scene. And yet, they managed to do one worse, by making her death serve as an "important lesson"/motivating factor for at least one, possibly two, and perhaps even three male characters.

I sometimes forget that everything is sexist now, including one of the oldest tropes in hsitory, the death of a loved one as a motivating factor for revenge/justice. Like that super sexist story about Arya Stark and how she became an awesome assassine because the Lanisters killed her father. So thanks for reminding me!

If it helps you to get over it, I'm sure Chloe will also be very motivated by Charlotte's death.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 1
(edited)

As much as I haven't enjoyed most of this season, the timing of the cancellation sucks. At best, we'll get to see Maze mend some fences (though I doubt even that, because of course a lot of screentime will be spent on everybody reacting to Charlotte, Lucifer/Chloe, etc etc), but then the show's done before she gets back to having fun interactions with people again.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, Ria said:

Which leads us back to, if she doesn’t believe him, she must think he’s delusional, mentally ill or playing a very weird game. And yet she let’s him around her kid and is in love with what she must believe is a fake persona. 

Thank you. It's one thing if your friend has a weird belief you don't agree with, and you don't call them on it because hey, not hurting anyone, but Lucifer's entire personality as Chloe knows him is tied to his being the devil.

Look at last season; in the episode with God Johnson, where he's reassuring her 'Oh, it's okay, he's not the killer, because I saw him heal someone with magic, so apparently he is my father. Y'know, god.'

Then Mum!Charlotte asking 'Okay, if he isn't actually the devil, is he crazy or a liar?', that's...not actually an unfair question.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 2

I read this forum before I saw the episode and still I wept for Charlotte. After bugging the crap out of me when she first joined the show, somewhere she became a favorite. Poor Dan.  

Amenadiel gets the best scenes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this episode. First, it should have been Chloe. I didn't care for Charlotte when she was "mom." However, this season I warmed up to her since she was back to Charlotte.

Second, Amenadiel has such good chemistry with every character. On the flip side, Chloe literally has NONE. She is such a wet noodle! 

Third, whoever finds the music for this show, deserves a raise! 

The 2nd half of this episode was awesome! This is what I (and I'm sure many others) have been wanting all season. I wish the show would have stepped it up 22 episodes ago. I hope they can bring it for S4 on Netflix.

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 4

Got into this series very recently on Netflix-not sure why it took me so long, but I did.

I agree with people that season 3 as a whole was rather inconsistent, although whether that's due to parsing plots out during a full season, or network interference, or both is unknown I guess. I would also agree this was the first of a great one-two punch to end the season though.

A rather tragic end for the Charlotte . They did a good job of the same person playing two different personalities. The scene where Amen takes her to heaven was sad and haunting. (As pointed out by others, the show knows how to make good use of its music for maximum effect.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 1