Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Vinnie was tweeting up a storm yesterday taking exception to some outlets describing his behavior as cheating. He was pretty defensive. Like I get it..its edited and for drama and we don't see everything. And I guess he didn't cheat in any technical sense. But dude you were an asshole and I'd say pretty disloyal to your lady. She obviously got hurt, and I do not think it's unreasonable for her to feel that way. He's better off with some thirsty famewhore who cares more about being with a reality star than she does about respect and loyalty from her boyfriend. 

• Love 5

Agreed. Cheating can be a grey area sometimes. It all depends on the couple and what boundaries they have or haven't defined. Did he go as far as Ron? No. But I would feel betrayed if my husband acted the way he did in the clubs. 

• Love 11
(edited)
45 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Vinnie was tweeting up a storm yesterday taking exception to some outlets describing his behavior as cheating. He was pretty defensive. Like I get it..its edited and for drama and we don't see everything. And I guess he didn't cheat in any technical sense. But dude you were an asshole and I'd say pretty disloyal to your lady. She obviously got hurt, and I do not think it's unreasonable for her to feel that way. He's better off with some thirsty famewhore who cares more about being with a reality star than she does about respect and loyalty from her boyfriend. 

You mean Jen? She's busy w Ron. Jen is definitely the type that Vinnie needs. Treat her however,  just make sure you call when the camera crew comes.

Edited by Brooklynista
Spelling matters.
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

You mean Jen? She's busy w Ron. Jen is definitely the type that Vinnie needs. Trest her however,  just make sure you call when the camera crew comes.

Exxxxactly! Jen gives zero fucks what Ron does.. she just wants insta followers and camera time too. This is what Vinnie needs if he wants to continue to behave this way. Or just stay single dude. 

• Love 3
On 5/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, Penelope5 said:

I mean, I'm not going to judge a woman for using condoms, even with her husband. I have friends who did not want a child at certain points in their marriages and it was the right thing for them. Not everyone wants to be on the pill or have some foreign object inside them.

Exactly,  it's ok to not want a foreign object in them . 

I dont think  Deena and her husband using condoms means  Deena does not enjoying sex. You can have pleasurable sex with a condom.

• Love 9

They had a marathon of the first season today and all I could think about was how different Jenni and Nicole's faces look. Plus Jenni with her trashtastic extensions and proclamations of love for Tom. Very interesting in hindsight. 

Ok, so I 'googles' (lol) Ron, and sure enough he and Jen have broken up again, per US and People articles dated two days ago.

So they were together maybe a week (back together around 5/13, broken up around 5/22).  The one article quoted an "insider" saying it was basically day-to-day if they were on or off again.  Same stuff we saw on JS with Sam.  I am betting this is an ongoing behavior with Ron (possibly with Jen).

Those poor children.  

• Love 3

Angelina was just about unrecognizable.   I guess producers brought her in to stir up the shit, as without any Ron drama, it's getting boring.

The mini Sam didn't look like Sam at all, just had long hair and maybe the same coloring.  Dingdong Ron is so jealous of anything even remotely associated with Sam that he has to interrupt Pauly and mini Sam.  Ron needs to take his earnings and get some professional (psychiatric) help.   

How strange is it that now my favorite cast member is Mike?  

• Love 13
(edited)

Mike was super hilarious and made me laugh out loud!  His "I didn't know if you were alive!" was classic as was his eating his feelings all over the place.  Loved that he apologized for fat-shaming Angelina back in the day.  She's back for the drama -- and I loved all the flashbacks because I had completely forgotten about her. 

Edited by Eme
  • Love 11

Angelina looks better now than she did before. That being said, I think even back then she had a nicer face than any of the girls. Her attitude was shit, but in comparison to the other girls she and Sam had the nicer faces. (I didn't find any of the girls beautiful, so that's saying something lol.) I do think some of the treatment from the girls Angelina recieved back then was unfair, Snooki and Jenny became BFFS and they teamed up, that was very obvious and it still is despite them having their 'fight' during this reunion. I think they can be mean girls, and the only reason Deena 'fit' in with them is because she is a follower. Sammi wasn't a follower and they had issues with her. That's the thing with women (girls?) like Nicole and Jenny, as long as they are leading the pack you can tag along, but if you try to lead they will cut you. Angelina wasn't a follower and she was an easy target. I feel somewhat bad for her, she's quite dumb in many ways, couldn't fight with her mouth and thus made a lot of enemies. Had she been smarter she could have stayed around.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, tinaw said:

What the hell did Angelina do to her face? Bad, bad, bad

Bad, yes? But still better work than Jen or Snooki IMHO. If they're smart, they'll ask her where she went and skip the drama.

JWoww definitely. Snooks I think is more so the new teeth that mess her up. Angelina did a whole bunch and I barely recognized her. My opinion take as you will

• Love 1

First off, I loved seeing Jenni at home with her daughter. I know it was only 2 minutes, but they seemed so natural and authentic in that moment, I couldn't help but think she's a good mom. 

Snooki just seemed like the mom who wakes up still hungover and has no idea what's going on in her children's lives. Again, I know it was only a few moments, but those were the impressions they left with me. 

I agree that Sammi Jr. Didn't look anything like Sammi. And Ron is psycho for cock blocking with the cab like that. But I continue to be grossed out by the fact that people can go to bed while someone is hooking up in the next bed. 

I did laugh when Mike brought Vinnie his Keto-meal in the middle of the smush session. Mike and his food, in general, crack me up. I just hope he keeps exercising. 

I never liked Angelina. I thought she was awful and I'm not really looking forward to her being in the house. Could they have at least traded someone awful out? Like Ron?

• Love 10

Mike is probably the most likeable one on the show right now and I never thought I’d say that. They definitely brought Angelina in to stir up drama and probably offered her money that she couldn’t refuse. She also had a lot of work done. I’m glad things seemed to be cool with her and the guys but it looks like Jenny and Nicole still have issues with her based on the previews. They should get over it since all that stuff happened 10 years ago but then again I guess it wouldn’t make for good TV

• Love 4

Maybe if the girls walked into the house sober that "reunion" would go ok. Mike and Angelina were both sober so they could act like adults. The other girls are so drunk this is not going to go well at all.

• Love 2
On 5/18/2018 at 1:01 AM, Stringey said:

I agree it's weird people on the show talking as if he was chubby before on the original show. Maybe they are referencing sometime after the show where he possibly gained weight?? Just a possibility

I don't think he was chubby at all but now he just looks almost sickly thin to me. It's hard to explain. I guess because he looked like he was the ideal weight in previous seasons, this weight loss looks extreme to me and like it is too much. It's not a healthy look to my eyes. 

On 5/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, archer1267 said:

Speaking of awkward couples, Elicea always sounds bored or annoyed when Vinny calls and she first picks up. Maybe it's the lack of inflection in her voice, maybe it's because she senses *why* he's calling. It wasn't a surprise that they've since broken up. Out of curiosity, I found that she's an "Instagram model" who lives in California, so who knows how deep that relationship was to begin with. The Instagram posts I saw had her trashing Vinny. 

Thank you for saying this! I have found their conversations to be incredibly awkward. The way she talks to him on the phone is just bizarre. Although the, "Let me call and say exactly what happened last night," is bizarre as well. 

I was in a down mood yesterday and needed some mindless entertainment so I saw this was On Demand. I binge watched the first 8 episodes and will watch the 9th later this evening. Eight episodes in and it feels like there is nothing going on here.  It's nice to see Mike sober. Ron is a total tool. JWow and Snooki have ruined their looks. Deena is just there and Pauly is the same easy going, fun guy that he has always been.

I thought the ring thing was bull. They needed some drama and since Snooki threw "Sam" into the pool they had the option to go with the "OMG, my ring fell off." Right.

Jen and Ron eating in that restaurant looked like the most miserable couple on the planet. I hate Ron, but I bet Jen doesn't know his birthday or favorite color either. This is the typical dating for a short time, gal gets preggo and expects that to cement the relationship and the guy is not interested. His face when she told him they were doing a pregnancy photo shoot said it all. 

I'm trying to figure out what is the reason to even watch this show, though. There really is nothing going on. Any information that I want on these people can be readily found on social media long before it airs on television so there are no true cliffhangers. 

I'll stay with it for this season. I think someone posted above that the show was renewed for another season. If that is true, I'm shocked. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I'll stay with it for this season. I think someone posted above that the show was renewed for another season. If that is true, I'm shocked. 

Me, too.  It IS boring as heck.

I was absolutely staring at Angelina and still could not recognize her.  The only thing that made me really realize that was her was her voice.  wowee.  There must be some crappy cosmetic surgeons up in the NY area, yikes.

• Love 5

Eight episodes in and it feels like there is nothing going on here.

I'm amazed that it's been renewed. I think part of it is, they have nothing to do in Miami. I know it'd be weird to have them now as 30somethings scooping gelato or selling t-shirts, but  their antics while on the job - or the interplay with Danny - were often funny. (Like earlier today, Danny called out to Vinny to iron "DTF" onto a shirt...*both* sides. Vinny said, "Wow, someone is REALLY DTF." When a female customer asked what DTF meant, he said "Down to fish." Or, Mike hiding from Danny to take a nap, or Jenni confronting Pauly's stalker outside the shop.) 

Also, the original idea of guidos partying hasn't aged well, now that most are married or coupled. The drunken antics are far fewer and when they happen now, seem to be less funny and more sad. The sexual tension among the housemates is also gone. On the flip side, I'm not sure what would make things more interesting. I've appreciated the candid moments they've all had with each other, about messy real-life stuff. But I don't know that that's enough to sustain the show. 

• Love 10
(edited)

There is also the matter of the audience who watched the original shows being older, married, and/or with kids so they are viewing the show through grown up eyes and probably have a hard time relating to the 20s level drama that has apparently carried over into these people in their 30s.

In your early to mid-20s, if you go somewhere without your significant other and cross a cheating line of some sort, you can likely expect the screaming, crazy reaction of someone in their early 20s. Or even if you have an argument with a friend at that age, the drama can typically be off the charts. That does not age well. A 35 year old that acts that way is not amusing to watch but more of a "She/He's 30 now, wtf?"

This is why Snooki doing all this yelling and carrying on is no longer cute or funny. It feels fake. If the producers thought her behavior would be a huge part of carrying the show, they were mistaken because it's just not authentic. My response to much of Snooki's behavior on this iteration of the show is, "Yeah, right."

People watched the original show for the crazy and there was plenty of it to go around. There's no crazy here so we old timers are bored silly and the young audience that they'd like to pull in will deem it completely boring and move on to something else. 

Edited by configdotsys
clarity
  • Love 10

I hope that Mike is taking his recovery seriously and has truly changed, and is not just trying to "live the clean life" because of his legal issues. I'm a recovering addict too, I really feel for him trying to stay sober while the other housemates party all night.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bostongirl said:

I feel that Jenni's glasses deserve their own topic. From 80's granny to nerdy secretary, Jenni has them all. Why, Jenni, why??

Maybe she thinks they help distract attention away from the bad plastic surgery. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Of course Angelina would want to come back, she probably kicks herself every day for missing out on the huge payday that was Jersey Shore.

My regret would run so deep that my great grandkids would feel me kicking myself. 

• Love 5

I had a hard time following those conversations. Who put the huge hash tags over some of the text? Was that to obscure names or something? Were those messages between Jen and the blonde from the show?

Also, is it not just absolutely appalling that people comport themselves this way and they are over 15 years old? OMG, I just can't with these people putting all of this online. Have they no shame? Lord. 

• Love 11

Are the messages in English or is that ho-speak?  (As in MALE and female ho's, because I think Ron is the biggest ho out there).

So basically, Ron went to DC and was cheating again??

• Love 4

That’s how Jen posted the conversations. She wrote whatever was on top of the actual conversations. 

Half of it doesn’t make sense to me to be honest.  But from what I gathered the @ names are the girls he had the exchanges with. It seems like Ron was the one that was messaging with these girls. Jen I take it had his second phone? Or access to it? 

I don’t know why these people can’t just write normally.  Kids in second grade can form better sentences. 

• Love 5

I loved JS original run, I agree that this Miami season just isn't hitting the mark.  Yesterday I caught a few episodes of the original run.  DANG, they were freaking train wrecks and I loved them.  They're never going to bring back that magic.  One episode I saw yesterday, they were at Karma and Snooki did a couple back walkovers with no underwear on.  For those that don't know, its not a quick back handspring or tuck, where you can possible flash someone, this is a back bend, and you slowly kick your legs over your walk one by one.  I'm dying just typing this.  This is the shit I miss, and NO MTV I don't want to see them doing now in Miami, we're both too old for this....

• Love 6

That clip is right here, TV Diva! I looked for it recently and was psyched to find it. I remember it especially because Jenni - who seemed pretty hard to impress - called it the best thing she'd ever seen. I think Snooks was wearing a thong, though.

All Angelina had to do was try to get along with people. But the Shore Store was beneath her, and in the second season, she spent most of her time on the phone with friends back home. A couple of her roommates commented on it, the fact that she wasn't hanging out with them. She talked smack about everyone and still, Snookie was willing to give her another chance if she copped to it. Right before she left she yelled "I don't care about any of you!" and that was the problem. Angelina always thought she was too good for the show and everyone on there. She could sometimes seem almost likable or relatable in her THs, but that wasn't coming across in her interactions with the group. 

• Love 4

JS family vacation s1ep 8 : Snooki is at the strip club down in her hands and knees picking up the tips for the stripper/dancers and shoving it into her purse . Blabbing about diapers being expensive ....isn’t Snooki a multi millionaire??  Was that for the show or was she really stealing their tips?!!! 

• Love 2
(edited)

This fool Jen should just write this off as a life lesson ~~ Jen , you watched him on tv , cheat , verbally & emotionally  (maybe physically)abuse Sammi — 1. use birth control from now on when intimate with men you’ve known a few weeks . 2. arrange visitation & child support thru lawyers and  avoid contact with Ronnie. 3. You’ve tied yourself to this punk for the rest of your life . Live & learn if you’re capable of that.

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit xtra word
  • Love 6

I struggle to understand why she keeps going back to him when the proof is literally in front of her.  

It could be because she hopes this one works out given he’s her second baby daddy, but she literally couldn’t have chosen a worse person to have a kid with. The sad thing is, he is forever going to be in her life. 

That said, I don’t feel bad for her. She’s an idiot for not taking better care when they met, and she is stupid for putting it all out there.  I guess it could be her way of getting some revenge because there are idiots that still think he’s some sort of good guy.  

• Love 8

She should be.  She probably grossed the most money from the TV shows.

Maybe Mike did some appearances that made money for him.

So he blew it on cars and stuff while she led an upper middle class life?

• Love 1

I guess if you're an Instagram model (or whatever Jen does for work), one of the guys from Jersey Shore could be a big catch? I'm trying to think of why she'd choose to have a kid with Ronnie. I mean, JS was wildly popular, and the gravy train has started back up again. But still...

You know, Ronnie, everyone seems to love you when you're Single Ron, and find you insufferable when you're in a relationship. Maybe that's a pattern you should pay attention to?

Is it me or has Mike's voice/vocal inflection changed? He used to have this lazy drawl thing going on...but it seemed like something he turned on and off, too. I don't know if he was trying to come across a certain way, but it made him sound...not that intelligent. 

I can see why his housemates really disliked Mike in the past, and yes, he did have lots of money that he pissed away. But at the same time, the guys razzing him for it makes me cringe, particularly Ronnie. The guy had a public fall and is possibly facing jail time...how much fun is there in kicking someone when they're down, really?

• Love 4
On 5/29/2018 at 2:08 PM, archer1267 said:

That clip is right here, TV Diva! I looked for it recently and was psyched to find it. I remember it especially because Jenni - who seemed pretty hard to impress - called it the best thing she'd ever seen. I think Snooks was wearing a thong, though.

All Angelina had to do was try to get along with people. But the Shore Store was beneath her, and in the second season, she spent most of her time on the phone with friends back home. A couple of her roommates commented on it, the fact that she wasn't hanging out with them. She talked smack about everyone and still, Snookie was willing to give her another chance if she copped to it. Right before she left she yelled "I don't care about any of you!" and that was the problem. Angelina always thought she was too good for the show and everyone on there. She could sometimes seem almost likable or relatable in her THs, but that wasn't coming across in her interactions with the group. 

OMG - I bow to thee.  I can't believe I just watched that at work.  thank you!

• Love 2

Well, that was boring and stupid.  Angelina had to have signed a contract for x number of episodes.  They're now all afraid of saying well, hit the bricks?  Nah.  I bet Angelina was thrilled to get to do a couple of episodes (pay has to be a lot more than an EMT, unfortunately).  

Angelina, you had more than your lips done.   I agree she originally kind of distanced herself with the cast.  Season 1 she was supposedly all preoccupied with her married boyfriend, who didn't give her the time of day.  She'd call and he would say I can't talk to you now I'm in an important meeting.  She'd call right back and get his voicemail.    The Miami season was a gift to her, and she didn't try to get along with anyone.  Maybe that was her role, but even so forge at least a few relationships.  Mike was a villain at times, but Pauly had his back (Snooki a little, too).  Angelina could've been friends with Mike, who could have used another good friend.   But she was on the phone or doing whatever by herself.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jenny’s eyes are crazy.  I’m actually surprised how much I’m not liking her as fine goes on.  I didn’t mind her too much in the past.  And when she said to Angelina “get the fuck out of this house?” Really Jenny? What makes you the queen fucking B? 

Jenny behaves like a fucking mother.  She puts that on herself, it’s such a superiority complex she’s got going on.  As if she’s better than any of these fuckwits.  The eyebrow rises and fake passive aggressive facial expressions are over the top. This isn’t the same woman we saw initially on JS.  

Nicole is a bitch “who are you princess Diana?” Really? What’s the point in mentioning someone that has passed. She talks bad about Angelina, but she isn’t any better. The girls forget their shitty behaviour from the past. I wonder if Nicole is allowed to drink at home. She looks so high and drunk it’s crazy. 

Why should Angelina reach out to Jenny who hated her?  

Deena says she doesn’t “really know there girl”. But she was friends with Angelina! 

Jenny and Nicole talking about a “family” please.  We saw how their family treats each other. 

It’s true everyone talks bad about Angelina, but when she bites back they want to kill her.  Ultimate bullies.  

These people are in their 30s and some close to 40.  They behave like 10 year olds. 

Vinny totally dissing women from Staten Island. Pathetic given his family is from there.  

Edited by Penelope5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Takeaways from the show:

Why are you here? Why are you here? Boring. Zzzzzz.

Deena acts like your 15 year old friend that asks every ten minutes, “Do you like me?” She’s also a disgusting looking drunk. The “drunkenly crying” drives me up the wall.

Is Pauly trying to make his high pitched “Awk-awk-awkward,” a thing? Please don’t. He’s becoming very irritating and seems to have zero storyline except running around waking people up and blurting out the same phrases over and over again.

Best Line of the show: Ronnie: Jen’s got a fake face.

What was up with Mike giving the “Give Angelina a chance talk” like he is this great peacemaker when Nicole and Jen already said they were giving her a chance and the guys didn’t seem to have an issue with her. Seems they had to find something to give Mike camera time but the timing of the talk seemed out of sequence with what actually went on.

I paid zero attention to the engagement ring designer. I told my husband when we were dating that if he was ever going to propose that I would say no if he spent money on an engagement ring. I think they are such a ridiculous waste of money. No judgement on others who like that kind of stuff. 

What was up with all the shocked faces at the end when all Jwow said was “I’d like to get to know you more, but not here…”? 

I never really liked Vinny but he's becoming more and more of an asshole who thinks he's above everyone else. Too good for everything. The phone calls to his girlfriend to me screams that he is totally whipped. 

Edited by configdotsys
added something
  • Love 1

Wait so they have a "smush room"?  So why didn't Pauly use it when he brought home fake Sammi?  Does he get off having Vinny watch him?  I'm so grossed out. 

• Love 5