Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

*Ronnie is really such an azzhole this go round ... such a emotionally stunted ,nasty ,Low IQ  idiot. He can dish it out ( he’s an intimidating BULLY)  but damn he cannot not take it. He deserves every miserable minute ahead.  I can totally see him being one of those “ i haven’t seen my daughter in a month” types.  

*Vinny has definitely had some eye work done : an eyelid lift or something cuz he had some Weirdly shaped eyes back in the JS days.  Keto diet didn’t get rid of those.  Vinny gets his ass kissed and has been told he’s Prince Vince by mommy his whole life and is 1) a male chauvinist pig 2) thinks he is superior to EVERYONE. The way he struts around so conceited and arrogant ugh you’re Vinny from JS , not QB Tom Brady.  He’s definitely watching how he comes across in JS FV .  

Why do people who come into money screw with their faces so badly ( jwow, snooki I’m mostly looking at you but they all seem to be getting Botox at least ) 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Racj82 said:
18 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Ron also has very clear reason to get his shit together in that he's literally going to be raising a child soon. If becoming a dad can't wake him up I shudder to think what will. Also That he's going to point that he could be removed from the cast if can't get his shit together. He's all over the place in present time. Not in the good way. 

MTV doesn’t seem to throw anyone who’s acting out of control off their shows & channel ( ie: jenelle & spouse from Teem Mom for example)  The best thing for Ronnie’s new daughter would be if he was off TV but season 2 is a go so Ronnie gets to continue this “lifestyle”.  He’s a ZERO that’s been made to think he’s a winner.

18 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And did she say she was 80% Great Britain? WTF?! Yeah, they deserve each other. I must say, though, that it was kind of awkward watching them together. They definitely don't have much chemistry - at least, that's how it appears on television.

Lmao ???. I guess this dummy had an Ancestry DNA test done.   Jen & Rahhnn’s IQ together  barely add up to borderline intelligence ?

• Love 3

I get the feeling Jenny and Snooki aren’t really close with Deena. Jenny and Snooki have always played the BFF role and when you put those two together the their one is bound to end up an outsider. 

It’s pretty telling Deena didn’t have any of the girls in her wedding party. Snooki and Jenny both had a massive circus wedding parties so the fact she and Sam were included never really meant anything when you think about it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Penelope5 said:

I get the feeling Jenny and Snooki aren’t really close with Deena. Jenny and Snooki have always played the BFF role and when you put those two together the their one is bound to end up an outsider. 

It’s pretty telling Deena didn’t have any of the girls in her wedding party. Snooki and Jenny both had a massive circus wedding parties so the fact she and Sam were included never really meant anything when you think about it. 

It seems like none of the crew ever meshed with Deena. They always sort of just...tolerated her. Like your girlfriend's little cousin that always has to tag along. Deena's trying as hard as she can but she'll always be at the table next to the cool kids table.

She's not offensive but she's not especially entertaining either. She's just there.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 10

I think Sammy not showing up to this series was the smartest thing she ever did. The drama between her and Ronny was unbearable, both for the roommates and for the viewers. Whenever the new season starts I would love if they'd have Sammy there, but leave Ron out. They can alternate their appearances! 

I love the new, more mature Mike. He really is trying to be a friend to Ron, but Ron is a dick so what can you do? I like Jenni, but her and Snooki's plastic surgeries have rendered them nearly unrecognizable.

• Love 10
On 4/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, hoosier80 said:

Watching some reruns today, season 3, I guess.  

Saw again the epic fight between Ron and Sammi, where he destroyed all her stuff (or most of it).   How or why the producers tolerated such violence is beyond me.  Then she left, which was a good move.  I am thinking she came back because she was contractually obligated.  If I'd gone home and told my mom what Ron did, no way would she have allowed me to go back.  I guess maybe because it was filmed and crew was already around that lent some safety to the situation.  Then, after she leaves, Ron is all crying and upset.  The whole fighting then feeling so badly afterwards just struck me as what an abuser typically does (or what I've read they do).  They're mean and violent, then afterwards it's the oh I'm so sorry, being overly sorry.  Sure enough he sends flowers for days to Sammi.  

Did she egg him on?  Sure, but his reactions were over the top.  You can be angry without becoming violent.  He would go from 0 to 500 in seconds, with just such a rage.  

The other thing that hit me is how sexist the guys all are.   Girls are to clean up, make meals - or they were bitching that they didn't do that.  None of the girls at that point seemed to be too domestic, but Jenni did clean up and cook on occasion.  The thing is that the guys were all stuck with the idea of the 1950's housewife.  Uh, wake up, those days are over.  I think one said oh this is 'women's work'.  They were all roommates, so all should have lent a hand in cleaning, cooking, etc.  (I will say that it always looked like Mike did make some good meals for the group.  I believe he left the clean up for others, which was more than fair).

I think Deena would be a loyal friend, but as far as a tv personality, nah.  She just tries too hard.   Angelina had some better tv moments, but she wasn't a 'villain' you loved to hate.  I just couldn't stand her one bit.  I wouldn't think she'd be a good friend, either.  

Thing about Sam is she wouldn't leave it alone--they'd agree they were broken up, then she'd chase after him wanting more answers, slapping her hands together and yelling at him (we can all see it!). Knowing how Ron is, he's best left alone. Still, he's vicious when he's angry and doesn't seem to have changed much--I think someone in a different thread called him Roid Rage Ron (forget who so can't give credit). Jen seems to be able to handle him by remaining calm on her end (not yelling and slapping her hands together with every word), but I don't see it working long term for those two.

Everyone should chip in with the cooking. Thing is, the guys seem to have more culinary skills than the ladies. The gals kinda took advantage of that IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thing about Sam is she wouldn't leave it alone

Agreed. I'm almost done with rewatching Season 3 and Sammi was toxic in her own way. (And it's a testament to Deena's large heart that she befriended Sammi after the awful way Sammi treated her in the beginning.) I don't know how she could have watched the Miami season and stayed with Ron afterwards; she should have ended things, especially since she kept bringing Miami up in Season 3. Like, either get over it or break up! It was hard to keep seeing Sammi as a victim when she kept returning to a guy who called her a c*nt, a spoiled little bitch, who broke her eyeglasses, etc. She did some things that would also be considered abusive, but they tended to be overshadowed by Ron's rants. Like, her controlling behavior. Who were you talking to? Where did you go? and asking the other men in the house questions like did Ron talk to anyone? What was he doing when you were guys were dancing? She didn't want to let Ronnie go out and have guy time with his buddies - she wanted to keep an eye on him at all times. Why not just break up, then?!

I'd forgotten how creepy Tom (Jenni's ex) was until re-watching these seasons. He would get pissy if she didn't call him when she got home at night and would want to know where she was, who else was there, and why - if she did get home at the hour she stated - she hadn't called him. Jenni didn't show any happiness in her face when talking to Tom on the phone, it was like she was walking on eggshells. And women are quick to notice that controlling, blaming behavior in men, but less so to notice it in other women. Sammi really wasn't that different. And the gas lighting! Ron seemed to behave himself in Season 3 (so far) but she'd ask him questions like "are you going to come clean with me?" and he'd say "what are you talking about?" and she'd respond with "you tell me, Ron." WTF?

These are two people who really brought out the worst in each other. Ron automatically gets the blame because of his anger, but Sammi was way passive-aggressive. How these two lasted for 7-8 years is beyond me. I've been seeing speculation about Sammi coming on board for Season 2 of Family Vacation, and in a way, I hope she does...it would be interesting to see her outside of the context of Ron, since so much about her focused on their unhealthy relationship.

Edited by archer1267
ETA: I actually think Ron and Sammi can be enjoyable people on their own.
  • Love 5

I'm re-watching Season 3 and had completely forgotten that Ron's mom drunk-dialed the shore house and spoke to several people. Ron doesn't do a lot to invite sympathy, but I really felt for him in that moment, and wondered why MTV insisted on showing it- it's one thing to show the cast members day drunk, it's quite another to expose one of their parents as a lush and to play it for laughs. I got the impression that it had happened before, in the matter-of-fact way Jenni and Mike talked to her.

Worse than i remember , they were so toxic.

Sammi should have stayed away longer (or not come back at all) in Season 3. She should have given herself, and Ron, more time to get over things. When she first came back, it seemed like they could co-exist in a mature way together, and I enjoyed their alcohol-free night with Snooki, where they went out to eat and then sprinkled cheese under Mike's bed sheets. Sammi and Ron each were more likable on their own and when hanging out with the girls and guys. But then they got back almost immediately and the toxicity started again. I had to laugh at each one of them telling the camera "Sammi's/Ronnie's changed, and I've changed." You guys were apart what, two days? Three? Come on. No one changes in that time.

• Love 4

Everyone on the show keeps saying Ron is going to be an amazing father....what? What in this guys history gives any indication he would to be a good role model for ANYTHING, least of all a human child. 

• Love 15

Ya, I don't think he's going to be an amazing father. He's had a chance to be a great man/father figure to Jen's son's and he goes on to threaten her saying he's going to show her kid her sex tape?

Also, the idiots are together again. No shocker there.

• Love 6

It's probably based on the way Ron's acted with their own kids. And Ron's a big kid himself - I can see him playing with a friend's kid for a couple of hours and having fun, giving "airplane rides," etc. But that's not the same as being a dad. Ron's more of the "fun uncle" type than a solid dad.

Also, the idiots are together again. No shocker there.

If Ron's shown any consistency, it's in not knowing when to leave a toxic relationship behind. Maybe they'll quietly part ways once Ron's gravy train (Jersey Shore Family Vacation) comes to an end.

• Love 2

So I had to read what was said about their being back together (Ron and Jen).  They broke up 4/30, and someone (an inside source - I think I read People and US) said the big blowup was after Jen saw the cheating episode.  Ron had told her it wasn't good, something had gone on, but didn't elaborate.  Of course he didn't, elaborate.  He wanted it to go away or to try blaming Jen (it's YOUR fault I cheated, etc.), or to try some other story to explain it.  I was so drunk, the door automatically closed, I brought the girls home for Paulie.  Yeah, Jen wasn't having any of it.

The insider said the relationship had been rocky before that episode aired, however.  I don't see why.  They have so much in common.  Partying, smooshing, and now a baby.  They couldn't even hold a conversation when she was in Miami, and the phone calls were agonizing.  

So they broke up 4/30, back together by 5/13, so I guess in about two weeks (depending), they'll be 'done' again.  Lather/rinse/repeat.

• Love 3

So he placed blame on her, or wanted to make her look bad by threatening to show her son a video of her having sex? To justify his actions?

What a load of shit.

That guy needs to man up ans grow up. She needs to get rid of him and change her behaviour too.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Penelope5 said:

So he placed blame on her, or wanted to make her look bad by threatening to show her son a video of her having sex? To justify his actions?

What a load of shit.

That guy needs to man up ans grow up. She needs to get rid of him and change her behaviour too.

Isn't that the true tell of any "good father"?

• Love 1

Sam was such a BITCH. No sweet about it. When Jenni and Nicole tried to tell her about Ron cheating she blamed them like they were the ones cheating on her and ran right back to Ron! She never blamed Ron for cheating and instead got mad at the girls. It was so stupid and really sad on her part. It was really funny when Sam was trying act like she had won the fight between her and Jenni because I think JWow kicked her ass. Sam sorely needed to be put in her place. I hated how up Ronnie's ass she was. Poor insecure girl.

• Love 5

Ron starts crying and now everyone is coddling him. He acts like being a father is the scariest thing on earth. I get that it's a big change, to have a baby, but how old is he? He's not a teenager with no home or money. Calm down. 

How low do you have to be to scramble around on the floor, stealing sweaty dollar bills that are meant for a stripper's was crack????

Can Mike AFFORD to buy an engagement ring right now? Diamonds are crazy expensive. I insisted my husband buy the cheapest one they had. I didn't want to start our marriage in debt....and Mike REALLY needs to be careful. 

Holy shit, Vinnie really does look like a priest. A creepy priest. 

And his "decorating" taste sucks. 

I don't get why everyone feels the need to compare his bullshit to Ron. "He's not Ron levels of bad." So....? He still crossed a bazillion boundaries, if you ask me. I'd dump him so fast.

I'm kind of glad the faux Bachelor experiment failed. I find that whole premise really creepy. I did feel a bit bad for Pauly, but he's such a good sport!

• Love 9

What the heck is wrong with Nicole? Going crazy grabbing a bunch of 1seant for the strippers and exclaiming its a lot of money. And it will buy diapers?  Um isn't she worth a million dollars or something? How gross. I can't believe how much Pauly and Mike have grown up. They really have changed

I don't think Mike is paying for the ring. The store was featured on the show so he at least got a discount oraybe a freebie. Ron is the same disgusting immature ass he was 5 years ago. Jennie was spot on in her beat down of him. Vinny is creepy. I'd be pissed if  I was the girlfriend. He's so dumb and immature

• Love 3
On 4/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Isthisok said:

The pizza eating is normal. Vinnie is doing the keto diet, and eating just the topping off the pizza is a way to keep your carbs low but still participate in eating with other people. 

I agree it's weird people on the show talking as if he was chubby before on the original show. Maybe they are referencing sometime after the show where he possibly gained weight?? Just a possibility

I was watching the marathon today and noticed something funny. They were on the roof and people going by on the sky ride were watching them lol. I know this is not anything unusual it's just seeing the people's heads turned in their direction as they went by cracked me up. 

• Love 2

I hope it's ok to start this. Mike has become my favorite so I wanted to start a thread for him. Please delete this if it's not allowed. 

I'm worried about Mike. I'm a firm believer in "do the crime, do the time" but I think prison will be very hard for him. Watching the older seasons and the way he acted and the always showing his abs and things like that, I think he's going to get a lot of harassment in prison. 

• Love 4

Ugh the Ron coddling is getting annoying. I'm decided when it comes to adults freaking out about having kids. If you can't take the heat get out of the freakin' kitchen and don't f&#k. I get it, wasn't planned but then you damn well make sure to be super protected as much as you can.

Is he talking about "Jen" when he says "i love her she brings out the best in me or Jwow? I think he was talking about Jen, in which case his best is basically him being a total abusive prick.

What's with Snooki's hair? That hairdo she is sporting is so annoying. You're not freaking 5.  Also, taking money off the ground, she's so low.

I feel for Pauly, it's clear at least up until now he wants to settle down and it must be really hard leading the lifestyle he does and trying to meet someone decent. Particularly someone that wants him just for him and not for any type of status he may have. He's definitely made a name for himself in Las Vegas. He's almost 40, so makes sense he wants to settle down. He had what seemed a serious relationship with Aubrey O’Day, but that's been over for a bit now. I found this interview interesting where he says JS gave him a 'little bit of notoriety". I mean, no one knew who he was before JS, so I'd say JS played a MAJOR part in him being known as "Pauly D" and getting gigs.

I don't know why but Jenny is getting on my nerves with her acting. Yea she's not causing major drama or anything, but I'm over the facial expressions and botoxed eyebrows.

Nicole about the blue balls "euw, euw that's disgusting". Ya, coming from the girl that had it on with Deena in Italy, talked about getting it in and having a naked photo of her online... sure.

• Love 1

Did Deena ever give us a real reason she uses condoms with her husband?  I dunno, that choice strikes me as odd.  There are other ways for a married couple to avoid pregnancy.  I was with the fellas when they said a big reason to get married is to stop using condoms.  But I'm a bit of a horndog so...

• Love 1

Prop to him for changing, but if we're being honest he really should have just paid his taxes. I think prison will crush him if it gets to that, because he does seem to have changed and it may end up being like going ten steps back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Did Deena ever give us a real reason she uses condoms with her husband?  I dunno, that choice strikes me as odd.  There are other ways for a married couple to avoid pregnancy.  I was with the fellas when they said a big reason to get married is to stop using condoms.  But I'm a bit of a horndog so...

I can't remember fully but I think it could be that she didn't want to be pregnant now?

Yea, lots of other ways but maybe she does not want to use those alternatives for other health issues. We don't know and maybe it's just 'talk' anyway.

• Love 2

Did Deena ever give us a real reason she uses condoms with her husband?  I dunno, that choice strikes me as odd.

Why? I used them for a while with my husband. 

If Deena's a smoker, then there are risks associated with being on the Pill. The Pill isn't a great choice for everyone (I used to be on it myself), and any method involving hormones can cause weight gain - I could see Deena being concerned about that. After a pregnancy scare, I was worried about methods as the diaphragm (what if it slips?), which seemed to entail a lot more work than a condom. I wasn't crazy about something being inside of me for several years, like an IUD.

I'm only speaking for myself - there are lots of women who have had no issues with pills, IUDs, or diaphragms. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

1 hour ago, Penelope5 said:

I can't remember fully but I think it could be that she didn't want to be pregnant now?

Yea, lots of other ways but maybe she does not want to use those alternatives for other health issues. We don't know and maybe it's just 'talk' anyway.

I could be wrong, and I’m embarrassed that I even remember this, but I could have sworn she said something in the first episode of the new “season” about how she gets sick from the pill or has a horrible reaction to it, hence the condoms. 

However, she’s married, so why wouldn’t she get an IUD, a Norplant arm implant or get a Depo shot instead? She must not enjoy sex.

That’s Frickin’ Deena for you.

Edited by Bridget
(edited)
13 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Why? I used them for a while with my husband. 

If Deena's a smoker, then there are risks associated with being on the Pill. The Pill isn't a great choice for everyone (I used to be on it myself), and any method involving hormones can cause weight gain - I could see Deena being concerned about that. After a pregnancy scare, I was worried about methods as the diaphragm (what if it slips?), which seemed to entail a lot more work than a condom. I wasn't crazy about something being inside of me for several years, like an IUD.

I'm only speaking for myself - there are lots of women who have had no issues with pills, IUDs, or diaphragms. 

It's highly probable that my side eyeing the condom usage is clouded by my opinion of Deena.  I nothing her.  I don't like her, don't dislike her.  I nothing her. I spend most of my time wondering why she's on my screen.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8
On 4/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, Alexis2291 said:

I found the screenshot of Jen calling Ron a cokehead. Color me SHOCKED. They both need help.

image.png

Why are they 

On 4/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, Penelope5 said:

Oh shit is going down on his stories! 

It seems Jen kept a sex video with an ex? Didn’t delete it? He’s all pissed! 

I have screenshots before he deletes them lol. 

Cant upload some because of the size 

19584019-4D41-4011-8D7A-D15B0EDEB6A8.jpeg

First line says “note to self” but it’s masked by this name. 

3BEC383A-785C-4379-8D03-A87950BC4BC0.jpeg

Hashtag #lovemyfamily LOL apparently he’s talking to Deena. 

Has as a ton of messages from other girls who are supporting him and kissing his arse 

ED5B09E4-F5E0-44B2-90E1-6471EB3BD688.jpeg

Why do they keep bringing Pauly D into this with the Yeahhhh Buddy hashtag?

I hope he’s got “Yeahhhhh Buddy” trademarked & these morons won’t be able to use it anymore.

His group text’s name proves what a famewhore he truly is, along with how stupid he is because the title makes zero grammatical sense.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:57 AM, Giant Misfit said:

I can't get over he wrote, "I never should have acted in such a manor" as I presume he wasn't talking about performing Shakespearian soliloquies in a subpar country estate.

And also her, "So hott you googles that."

I’m shocked he didn’t spell it like this: “I never should of acted...”

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought the reasoning was that she went off birth control to try to get pregnant, but then the show came along and she didn't want to get pregnant right before filming so they used condoms.

Edited by Crumpet
  • Love 1

I mean, I'm not going to judge a woman for using condoms, even with her husband. I have friends who did not want a child at certain points in their marriages and it was the right thing for them. Not everyone wants to be on the pill or have some foreign object inside them.

• Love 16
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

I thought the reasoning was that she went off birth control to try to get pregnant, but then the show came along and she didn't want to get pregnant right before filming so they used condoms.

She never said any of that other stuff you said. She said her and husband use condoms and birth control pills make her sick. Unless she said that in a separate interview or something off show. She also never addressed the multiple other options. That's why it comes off as weird.

I already hate condoms as it is. But, it's a must use. The freedom to just be with my wife is a great thought. Using them in a marriage. No thank you. Even coming from me that doesn't want to rush into having kids.

This show is getting pretty dry. When it comes back again I may not.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

I

mean, I'm not going to judge a woman for using condoms, even with her husband. I have friends who did not want a child at certain points in their marriages and it was the right thing for them. Not everyone wants to be on the pill or have some foreign object inside them.

Well, exactly. I'm also uneasy with the assumption that the woman should assume sole responsibility for a couple's birth control. 

There are reasons to not be crazy about Deena, but her using condoms isn't one of them, for me. And I think it's kind of funny that the guys would judge her for it when Ron and Pauly would have benefited from using them. 

• Love 18

She never blamed Ron for cheating and instead got mad at the girls.

I'd never watched the Italy season and finally got around to it. Whoo boy. All I can say is, glutton for punishment. Sammi said things like "Ron's looking good," not "here's my ex who broke my eyeglasses." She could have stayed away from him and had a fun time in Italy. She started the season in a healthy, self-assured place, and decided that she...wanted to get back with Ron. 

This is why I can't blame Ron for everything that happened. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I know plenty of married couples who use condoms. What's the big deal?

You're married. That's the big deal for some people. Condoms are a burden for a lot of people. Sex simply isn't as enjoyable with condoms on for either party. When you are married you should be free to enjoy all of the great aspects of sex. Enjoy it at it's fullest. For some people, using something that most people use because they have to. Choosing to do it rather than that being the most basic option for some people is odd.

It doesn't actually make you weird. There is nothing actually wrong with her. It's also her business. 

But, since she put that info out there, for what seems to me to be very clear reasons, some are just asking why. That's all. Why choose to use something most people are forced to use as if it's the only birth control option? It wasn't stated like she tried many different alternatives and this is the best for them. She said she uses condoms because the pills make her sick. There are a wide range of options beyond that. Most people would ask why. Not as judgment. As curiosity. 

There is only so many times we can drag Ronnie on here. There isn't much else to talk about period.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

You're married. That's the big deal for some people. Condoms are a burden for a lot of people. Sex simply isn't as enjoyable with condoms on for either party. When you are married you should be free to enjoy all of the great aspects of sex. Enjoy it at it's fullest. For some people, using something that most people use because they have to. Choosing to do it rather than that being the most basic option for some people is odd.

It doesn't actually make you weird. There is nothing actually wrong with her. It's also her business. 

But, since she put that info out there, for what seems to me to be very clear reasons, some are just asking why. That's all. Why choose to use something most people are forced to use as if it's the only birth control option? It wasn't stated like she tried many different alternatives and this is the best for them. She said she uses condoms because the pills make her sick. There are a wide range of options beyond that. Most people would ask why. Not as judgment. As curiosity. 

There is only so many times we can drag Ronnie on here. There isn't much else to talk about period.

Yeah. What you said.

• Love 2

In the first episode Deena said she didn't want to be pregnant for this reunion. So she and Chris used condoms. Yes you can remove the other birth control methods but they are usually long term not short term. And they are kind of a pain in the butt to have removed. And she seems to want to have a baby pretty badly. She talks about babies, and that she hoped she would be as cute as Jen when she's pregnant. So most men don't understand how birth control works, or IUD's etc. the implant ones are typically for 2 to 5 years. Hence why all the boys are making fun of her cause 0 of them understand how BC works. I mean Pauly and Ronnie have already proved that. Vinny's personality is his birth control. If you take the pill which she said made her sick it still takes a few cycles to get out of your system. So condoms are the best for short term use. When she got home I'm assuming they'll be trying for a baby so she won't be pregnant for the next season. But the other girls have already stated they don't want to be away from their kids that long so I'm pretty sure their families will be more involved so Deena could possibly be pregnant and not have to miss out on partying. Cause that is the only reason I think Deena didn't want to be pregnant for this season. But we shall see. 

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, ghoulina said:

I know plenty of married couples who use condoms. What's the big deal?

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, Racj82 said:

Stupid ass Vinnie is the one who made the deal out of this.  This is a decision between the two people, the husband and the wife, who decide how to deal with their contraception and asshole Vinnie shouldn't have a say.  Gawd, he makes me sick.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Tress said:

Stupid ass Vinnie is the one who made the deal out of this.  This is a decision between the two people, the husband and the wife, who decide how to deal with their contraception and asshole Vinnie shouldn't have a say.  Gawd, he makes me sick.

I love the stretching to make Vinnie a villain in every scenario. Both Paulie and Vinnie were both confused. A lot of people here were confused. Asking questions doesn't make you an asshole. He didn't badger her. It's never been brought up again. Deena wasn't pressed to put that info out there. She put it out there. So, Vinnie AND Paulie had questions. Vinnie wasn't attacking her. Nobody is. It's just a topic of conversation. That Deena opened the door to. Yes, it's her business. Business she made public on reality tv. Thus, making it open to discussion for the house and for us.

• Love 2
On 5/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, Penelope5 said:

What's with Snooki's hair? That hairdo she is sporting is so annoying. You're not freaking 5.  Also, taking money off the ground, she's so low.

I was wondering the same thing. It’s an awful hairstyle and it doesn’t help that her hair is that weird orange color and fried on the ends. She should go back to all dark again. I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I think the pouf was actually a better look than this one. At least her hair looked healthy back then  

(edited)

Speaking of awkward couples, Elicea always sounds bored or annoyed when Vinny calls and she first picks up. Maybe it's the lack of inflection in her voice, maybe it's because she senses *why* he's calling. It wasn't a surprise that they've since broken up. Out of curiosity, I found that she's an "Instagram model" who lives in California, so who knows how deep that relationship was to begin with. The Instagram posts I saw had her trashing Vinny. 

I finally started watching all of season 4 (I never made it beyond season 3 the first time around) and hope that Jionni and Nicole finally found their groove, now that they're married. The pairing of Snooki with a buttoned-up guy who told her she was "stupid" for trying dirty talk seemed ill-fated. (You know things aren't good when Ronnie is telling you you deserve better!) The fact that Nicole called her dad over the wedding ring freak-out this season makes me wonder if she still walks on eggshells around Jionni...which would be too bad.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Speaking of awkward couples, Elicea always sounds bored or annoyed when Vinny calls and she first picks up. Maybe it's the lack of inflection in her voice, maybe it's because she senses *why* he's calling. It wasn't a surprise that they've since broken up. Out of curiosity, I found that she's an "Instagram model" who lives in California, so who knows how deep that relationship was to begin with. The Instagram posts I saw had her trashing Vinny. 

I finally started watching all of season 4 (I never made it beyond season 3 the first time around) and hope that Jionni and Nicole finally found their groove, now that they're married. The pairing of Snooki with a buttoned-up guy who told her she was "stupid" for trying dirty talk seemed ill-fated. (You know things aren't good when Ronnie is telling you you deserve better!) The fact that Nicole called her dad over the wedding ring freak-out this season makes me wonder if she still walks on eggshells around Jionni...which would be too bad.

I hate to stereotype people but it's hard for me to take anyone that calls themselves a instagram model seriously.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I love the stretching to make Vinnie a villain in every scenario. Both Paulie and Vinnie were both confused. A lot of people here were confused. Asking questions doesn't make you an asshole. He didn't badger her. It's never been brought up again. Deena wasn't pressed to put that info out there. She put it out there. So, Vinnie AND Paulie had questions. Vinnie wasn't attacking her. Nobody is. It's just a topic of conversation. That Deena opened the door to. Yes, it's her business. Business she made public on reality tv. Thus, making it open to discussion for the house and for us.

I'm not stretching to make Vinnie a villain.  He does that on his own.  I was referring to him going on and on to Deena about how it's not "skin on skin" and why she wasn't on B.C.  I actually think that he was badgering her.  I kinda think that this IS a topic that Vinnie brought up.  Deena was just responding to it.  Oh well, it is what it is.  We can agree to disagree.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tress said:

I'm not stretching to make Vinnie a villain.  He does that on his own.  I was referring to him going on and on to Deena about how it's not "skin on skin" and why she wasn't on B.C.  I actually think that he was badgering her.  I kinda think that this IS a topic that Vinnie brought up.  Deena was just responding to it.  Oh well, it is what it is.  We can agree to disagree.

What I meant by not badering is he asked questions in the moment. Hasn't brought it up since then on screen. It would be asshole move to make it something of a joke or insult after the fact. He just asked questions. He was generally curious. He wasn't the only one on screen with a curious or confused reaction. That's all I was saying. Vinnie can be a douche. They all can. I just so him as a bad guy in this scenario. Questions were asked and answered. Among friends, this should be fine unless one objects to it. Which Deena didn't. 

Also, yes, agree to disagree. No harm intended.

On the topic of the guys and relationships, I don't any of them will be until they separate themselves from the reality show world. This isn't the real world. In the sense that they wil keep having temptation thrown at them and these shows are only helping weak men like these. Mike has basically hit bottom. That's why he's the most ready. These other guys haven't hit yet. That or genuinely get tired of the life like Paul is leaning towards. Vinnie and Ronnie are in neither of those fields making them non dating material.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2

I think Mike hitting bottom made him do a serious evaluation of what he really wants, what is truly important, so yeah he's ready for a serious relationship.  He even said that his 20's were wild, and he's content to let that all go now.  He's done with it.  I almost had a similar feeling after going out a lot during college; we'd drink like the kids on JS did (but no endless hookups).  At some point, it just got boring.  No one in my crowd nor me had an addiction, so it was easier to stop.  It just got boring, let's go out and get blasted every weekend.  Probably also part of growing up.

It was pretty boring with no Ron drama.  I will say that when Ron says oh rather pay child support than alimony, just shows me he's ok with having kids, but no wife.  Wife to him means being shackled; he can't go out and party, get wild, do whatever he wants.  If he's "just" paying child support, then he can leave the heavy lifting of childrearing to the baby mama.  He can swoop in and do the fun stuff.

Deena did say that birth control (I think she was referring to the pill) made her sick or caused other issues for her.  It sounded like condoms were a short term solution as she didn't want to go to Miami pregnant.  Honestly, that was a pretty sound decision.  What if she was sick all the time or had issues with the pregnancy?  No, she was able to go to Miami, film, get her money, and have a little fun.  I don't know why the guys were questioning her so intensely.  Actually, it's none of her business.  Then Ron, the genius, said something like 'oh just pull out?'.  Yeah, that worked well for you.  

Snooki does seem like she's walking on eggshells re: Jionni.   For my two cents, not sure they would have lasted had she not gotten pregnant.  Her goal, if you watch some of the old shows, was to marry a guido and have tan babies.  She does love her kids (a little too much with the baby talk for me), but she hasn't really spoken to Jionni.  I know he'd said somewhere he didn't want to be on the show, but just a phone conversation isn't that much.   She also ruined her face, specifically with the lips.  She can change her hair.  She always had a shitty sense of style.

Jenni overdid it with the plastic surgery, but she seems to have a grounded relationship with her husband and kids.  She may be playing it up so she is sure to get that check.  I thought I saw where she said at this point, it's about the money (I'm sure for her family).  I think she's over it, beyond maybe meeting up for dinner with some of the cast. 

The whole searching for a woman for Pauly was stupid.  Had to be producer driven as nothing else was happening.  Pauly may say he's ready to settle down, as does Vinny, but they need to wake up and realize it's not 1950, and women are not inferior to men.  They might find a woman who would cater to their every need, but modern relationships are 50/50; there may be times when it varies to 70/30 or 40/60, etc, as any relationship has its ebbs and flows.   Vinny's relationship seems very superficial at best.  I think maybe he'll end up with a girl from his old neighborhood, one that his mama approves (and who will acquiesce to his mama).  

• Love 8