Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Are we really supposed to believe that Vinny sold his home and told no one?  And did he really buy that home or rent it?  I know the market is on fire but after 7 months I can't believe he made any money or broke even.

Angelina is so messy.  I still can't take her seriously after the shart/menstrual; episode in Miami.  But to blurt out a made up rumor has nothing to do with her messy behavior with chicken tenders.  I believe that Vinny is done with her and Chris.  

• Love 2

Made up stuff like Vinny getting someone pregnant is so easy to disprove.

Why would he be that bothered.  And the rest would just roll their eyes.

Yeah you have to wonder if he really sold his home in Staten Island and bought in LA.  I can see where he would get lonely, because he doesn't know many people out there and Ronnie and Pauly aren't hanging out with him.

Makes you think other than the female cast, the male cast really do not spend much time with each other when they're not doing the show.

For one thing, Pauly has his career and assuming it's real, a relationship with a live-in gf.  Ronnie has his own mess so it's not like they're out there going out to clubs together during the pandemic.

He talked about his career but other than his MTV shows he had that one stint with the strip show?

I guess he hasn't monetized his celebrity into a big social media following, selling or touting some products, not like some of the other cast.

You'd think Angelina, Deena and Jenni would be pissed if they go out there to find Vinny was moving back the next day.  So producers probably clued them in.

They had to have something to do on the show before they all come together as a group for a "vacation" again.

So this trip to cheer him up is all concocted.

Probably not that common for people to fly across the country to surprise someone.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2022 at 2:58 PM, aghst said:

Made up stuff like Vinny getting someone pregnant is so easy to disprove.

Why would he be that bothered.  And the rest would just roll their eyes.

Yeah you have to wonder if he really sold his home in Staten Island and bought in LA.  I can see where he would get lonely, because he doesn't know many people out there and Ronnie and Pauly aren't hanging out with him.

[snip]

You'd think Angelina, Deena and Jenni would be pissed if they go out there to find Vinny was moving back the next day.  So producers probably clued them in.

They had to have something to do on the show before they all come together as a group for a "vacation" again.

So this trip to cheer him up is all concocted.

Probably not that common for people to fly across the country to surprise someone.

I agee 100% with everything in your post.  

My take on the whole Vinny-Angelina thing is that she made it up because she was trying to direct attention away from herself, but didn't expect the extremely negative reaction it received.  Then, she doubled down.  But Vinny (and everyone else, to be honest) completely overreacted.  I can only imagine it's because they know they need to bring the drama for the good of the show.

I was confused why Vinny was acting and talking about his move to L.A. being a failure.  It was his lifelong dream (according to him) to move to L.A.; he did it and decided that he preferred the East Coast.  How is that a failure?  

I can hardly conceive of the possibility that Deena, Angelina and Jenni didn't know about Vinny moving back.  If they really meant to surprise him, they would have gone straight to his house without calling first.  Also, if they actually didn't know, then Deena and Angelina are pretty crappy friends to Jenni for not calling her and telling her not to bother coming.  Jenni, not flipping out and apparently taking it all in stride, was pretty strong evidence that she knew what was going on and the whole "girls trip" was concocted by the producers and she was somehow obligated to appear.

I'm not even going to mention the whole placenta thing (can't remember if that was last night's episode or last week's -- I watched them both last night).  Disgusting!

Also, I cry foul on Mike having to be re-baptized.  Lauren has mentioned in articles that she's "always been Catholic," so I'm assuming for purposes of the rest that follows that Romeo's baptism is being done in a Catholic church.  My family moved around a little bit, but when I got married it was pretty easy getting the documentation from the three different churches where I had been baptized, had my First Communion, and had been confirmed.  It's been almost 18 years, but I don't even remember having to show any kind of documentation in order for my daughter to be baptized (which wasn't the same church as those where I received my first three Sacraments or where I got married).  If I did, it was more likely relating to the godparents, not me and/or my husband.  But, again, it was years and years ago and we wouldn't have had an issue providing documentation, so I might just not be remembering.  In any event, if this really was some sort of recordkeeping error (and I'm highly skeptical because I know at least for Catholics you can submit an Affidavit for Missing Baptism Records), the quickest/easiest thing would be for a priest or bishop to (re)baptize Mike at the church where he and Lauren are currently members and where Romeo will be baptized.  Based on previews for the season, it looked like Mike's re-baptism was a big production involving a pool and a crowd of people, which I can't imagine is something their current church would be thrilled with.  So, I'm left with this, like a lot on this show, is being done simply for plotlines and not because their church is actually insisting upon it.  Also, I've seen pictures of Mike and Lauren wearing a tuxedo and a fancy white dress, respectively, for Romeo's baptism.  Every baptism I've ever attended in a Catholic church has been after a mass at the church's baptismal font.  If the parents showed up dressed in formal wear, I wouldn't be surprised in the priest started wondering if the parents were taking it seriously.  Sigh...    

Edited by MMLEsq
Fixed typo.
  • Love 2

Yeah the baptism for the kid and the re-baptism for Mike will probably be big productions for the sake of the show.

I'd forgotten about the placenta thing.  Not much of a reaction other than it's surprisingly sweet.  No kidding, Mike loaded it up with fruit and sugars, microwaved it, pureed it etc?

Whatever nutritional value it may have is probably gone.

But the point isn't taste or nutrition, I guess it's suppose to be some spiritual thing?

That was kind of a lame tour of LA.  They didn't have much time but they could have gone up to Griffiths Park or something instead of trying to hike or go to Santa Monica.

I guess they're all pros at it now, Vinny and Angelina sustaining the same dumb argument almost the whole episode.

• Love 3

Good grief that was a waste of an hour.   I love how Angelina starts stuff and then shifts blame to Chris.  When are we ever going to get to the actual vacation?   I can watch the baptism thing but this fake drama with Vinnie and Angelina/now Chris, no way.

• Love 2

The whole godfather thing was funny.  Was Vinny really salty about Mike choosing him as godfather?

Then Pauly trolling him repeatedly on why he wasn’t good enough to be godfather.

If he was faking, Vinny’s petulance was convincing.

Mike mentioned more than once that Pauly was rich.

Jenni or Snookie said “how can you get baptized when you’re 55?😊

Then that sad little vessel where he was going to be dunked, MTV went a little cheap there.  Pauly cracked that it needed to be washed.

The choir is cool but is it part of going big?  They let the booze flow when the cast gets together but the catering doesn’t seem all that, they were opening supermarket plastic boxes so probably a deli platter rather than some fancy charcuterie board.

The doves release is going to be each of them throwing one up in the air.  Mike thinks they sound like crows.

At the little tank they were talking about how Mike’s head would be submerged going face down.  Mike says to Vinny “like what you do every weekend.”😄

The pet psychic segment was funny.  Deena knows it’s ridiculous, Angelina’s little dog talking to the psychic who gives Angelina relationship advice.  But she’s really worried about iron deficiency because a pet psychic told her so.

Really the notion would be offensive, a stranger getting into your personal life but only because the dog is telling her.

Obviously a setup for the show but some or all of them believe in psychics probably.  Producers making these reality TV stars look dumb for repeatedly sitting down with psychics, believing in curses and other old mumbo jumbo or the girls KNOW it’s all nonsense but they’re playing along for the show?

Angelina seemed to be taking it seriously.  None of them mocked the absurdity except maybe Deena wondering if they’re suppose to listen to the psychic, who’s relaying what Peanut is saying.

• Love 2

The Paulie being rich and Vinny said Paulie was chosen because he has more money was hilarious because it's true and they actually pointing it out.

I don't get Angelina's plot at all, one second she calling her husband up with play by play of Vinnie's comments, attending the baptism and fine with him. Then theres a psychic attacking the entire thing saying divorce him. 

• Love 2

Funny breaking of balls when the Pauly was mocking Deena for taking the pet psychic's advice too much to heart.  Mike thanked Vinny for not being his godfather.

So of course the baptism was purely for TV.  No way him half self-dunking and being dunked by Uncle Nino is going to count for a damn thing.  Wonder if they will even bother to show the kid getting baptized, even though Mike's baptism was supposedly so his son can get baptized.

OK, Mike didn't choose the venue for the next vacation any more than Deena chose the Poconos or Pauly chose that Lake Vegas place.

It's whatever place MTV can get to let them film and pretty much have free run of the place.

The ones with the kids probably didn't want to be too far away from home so it's some Caribbean resort.  Probably some of the cast wouldn't want to as far as Italy again.

• Love 3

I grew up Catholic. I'm not a believer, but if I were, I think I'd find the blessification/fake baptism kindof offensive. Also, it's total bs. My mom was Jewish, was never baptized and it didn't mean a damn thing to the priest. 

I will say that pet psychic thing was so insane that it actually brought back a little bit of the Jersey Shore magic for me, after slogging through fake scenario after fake scenario (like the baptism) with this crew. The looks on Deena and Nicole's faces when Jenny explained that this was "actually a pet psychic," Deena's anemia freakout, the pet psychic's commitment to the bit. Reader, I cried. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ok I know it was all a joke but it was funny Mike told everyone to have their passports only to land in the Keys.  That is just shit close friends do to each other.

Never seen this side of Lauren.  Interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jenni must be a really good mom!  Her kids are so polite and well -behaved.  Meilani seems like such a little sweetheart.  I also love Zach’s patience.

”is it toys?”

”no, remember it’s a surprise for MOM!”

wow, I was never even a big JWoww fan, I always thought she was opinionated & sort of cold.  But good on you, girl!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, teapot said:

Jenni must be a really good mom!  Her kids are so polite and well -behaved.  Meilani seems like such a little sweetheart.  I also love Zach’s patience.

”is it toys?”

”no, remember it’s a surprise for MOM!”

wow, I was never even a big JWoww fan, I always thought she was opinionated & sort of cold.  But good on you, girl!

I'm behind, but I always thought Jenni had a rough exterior but a soft heart. She's definitely lost a lot of her aggression, but she showed heart from the beginning. I remember when Nicole was called fat at a club. Jenni defended her and said "they called US fat." Very sweet and sensitive to Nicole's feelings. 

• Love 5

I don't understand how any of them are acting like Angelina was unreasonable for being pissed that her and Chris's luggage didn't make it onto the plane. I would've been absolutely furious at Mike. If he wants to bring seven suitcases, that's fine, but you can damn well bet that if there was a weight issue the only one of those seven suitcases that should've made it on was the one that held the baby's stuff. And then for Lauren to act all amused/smug that she looked at her stuff and decided that she just couldn't lend any of it to Angelina? No. Your husband did this. It's up to your husband to fix it. And if he won't, then you should at least try to make up for his selfish actions. For all the progress Mike has made over the years, I couldn't believe how bewildered he was that she might be angry that she's stuck in hot-ass FL with the same clothes on for two days.

Lauren in general is not looking good the last couple of episodes. Between her shitty attitude at dinner last week and then her snapping at the server (!!!) at the bar? Wow. And then to try and justify it by saying she used to do it at the club she went to before. Nah, bitch. You shouldn't have ever done that in the first place. That's not bougie. That's low-class. Good for Deena for rightly calling her out on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the murder mystery thing play out next week. I laughed when Deena said that the only person she really wanted to get invested in the whole drama was Jenni, and then the graphic popped up on the screen of "Get Jenni invested" with a check mark next to it.

Does anyone besides me hate Vinny? I think the guy is a capital A asshole.

• Love 6

Yeah he was packing stuff like bocce balls in those extra suitcases.

Pauly packed a suitcase full of sneakers.  Wouldn't want to use that for clothes again.

He had no weight problems because he and what's her name came on the private jet by themselves.

So the murder-mystery prank could be good but obviously the production crew is behind it, probably their idea not Deena's.  They probably had to tell the resort what they were doing so that they didn't have some random people yelling at each other in the public areas.

The rest of the cast may be in on it, doing some over the top reactions.  One reason is, when they're hanging out, the woman and the other man walks right past them.  Often when they film, they cordon off an area so that random people can't just walk into the area where they're filming.

So either the cast suspects they're not really random people for production to keep filming or they are in on the prank.

Some of them were actually sobbing when they saw the body pulled out of the water.  They're strangers, would people generally get emotional over seeing the corpse of someone they don't know?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Some of them were actually sobbing when they saw the body pulled out of the water.  They're strangers, would people generally get emotional over seeing the corpse of someone they don't know?

Yeah, I thought that was odd, too. I would be shocked and horrified if I saw a body floating in the water, but hysterical crying? Probably not. I'm chalking Lauren's reaction up to postpartum hormones though, so I'll cut her a little bit of slack there.

Did anyone notice Zack's lack of reaction though? Mr. Lily saw him apathetically walking away and was like, "Sociopath." 😂

• Love 1

I don't understand how any of them are acting like Angelina was unreasonable for being pissed that her and Chris's luggage didn't make it onto the plane. I would've been absolutely furious at Mike. If he wants to bring seven suitcases, that's fine, but you can damn well bet that if there was a weight issue the only one of those seven suitcases that should've made it on was the one that held the baby's stuff. And then for Lauren to act all amused/smug that she looked at her stuff and decided that she just couldn't lend any of it to Angelina? No. Your husband did this. It's up to your husband to fix it. And if he won't, then you should at least try to make up for his selfish actions. For all the progress Mike has made over the years, I couldn't believe how bewildered he was that she might be angry that she's stuck in hot-ass FL with the same clothes on for two days.

I agree 100%!  It was a shitty and not a funny thing to do.  I am no Angelina fan, but this was just mean.  And what made it worse was the reaction from the rest of the cast.  No one cared.  I felt for her through my TV and don't even like her.  If the other cast members really don't like her but act like they do because they are under contract that's on them.  But I would never think it would funny to do that to anyone and then act like it's no big deal.

But of course Angelina showed her ass and screamed at everyone threatening to leave.  If I were in her shoes I would have refused to come out of my room until my luggage came.  And would not have answered anyone's texts or calls until they came and talked to me.  Then told them how hurt I was.  Hahaha who am I kidding...........we're talking about Angelina!

I still felt bad for her and it really showed an ugly side to most of the roomies including spouses.

• Love 3

The luggage thing could have been a contrived thing.

They prodded Mike to bring too many suitcases and he gets to decide which suitcases get left behind?

MTV is footing the bill for the private jet, not anyone in the cast.

For that matter, MTV is making the travel arrangements, not the cast.

So they probably chose to hold out the suitcases which would stir the most shit.

• Love 2

The luggage thing just made Mike look bad, ok you know all the luggage can't go. Pull off enough so that she can take 1 bag at least with her. Nope selfish didn't even attempt to make room.  Angelina being late everytime also aided this.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think as they become more familiar with Laurens, they're willing to draw her into the sniping that they do to each other.

Like Vinny whining about Mike getting all the parties.  Probably the producers organizing these parties for the filming and he wonders why he doesn't get one when Mike is obviously a bigger personality.

Was kind of funny though, one of the things he said was Mike farted, lets have a party.

Well if the cast were really surprised by the murder mystery prank, they sold it.  They were really enjoying the camaraderie, bonding from a fake murder?

They also seemed to be having fun when Vinny was doing imitations, which were basically mocking some of the mannerisms of the girls.

But why is Deena getting credit?  She didn't write the prank, she just hired the company which had the script and the actors.

Supposedly.

Producers would have to vet the company, get them to sign releases, work with them to film it.

So all Deena did was she was in on the prank, didn't plan or execute it.

Not a surprise, the cast likes to drink, though Mike is coming up on 6 years being sober.

As soon as Snookie arrives she's looking for a drink.  Some of it is that she's expected to provide drunken shenanigans for the show.

But it isn't just treating themselves to a glass of wine at the end of the evening or in get-togethers. 

Other thing is, they were reminiscing and they showed old clips which included Ronnie.

But nobody talked about Ronnie at all.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 2

LOVED the prank!  I don't know why the girls were crying.  Hell, even Deena was fake crying.  Why?

But best prank ever and after watching all the times Deena was pranked good for her.  Be quiet Lauren.  Motherhood has apparently made you a bit of a sobby bitch.  And Mike you have been looking very bad lately.  Most recently is Luggagate.  I thought that was mean spirited.  

Ok I kinda feel bad for Vinny that no one every throws him a party.  Not sure if it is all fake but I think at least some of it is true.  He has been very Salty lately.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

What did Snookie do with her child? She came in and was all about wine delivery. 

It looked like she brought a nanny to watch her daughter.  Or some random women rode with them from Airport to Hotel. HA!

• Love 2

MTV probably reserved enough rooms so that they could have grandparents or baby sitters for those kids, freeing the parents to be filmed in their drunken shenanigans.

• Love 2

I sat last night thinking why am I still watching this?  20 minutes talking about their boobs and all they ever do is eat and drink.  They aren't age 20 anymore. Geeze.

• Love 1

I thought the dancing scene brought out real emotions and joy, not that they're just doing a job.

The original JS the cast was real most of the time.

Now, they're older with families, very rich and they're showing up for their payday.

But they can still have some genuine moments, the Mike redemption tour was real, he changed for the better, became a positive presence.

Petulant Vinny is real.

Snookie wanting to be a pleaser and draw attention to herself is real.

So in the first couple of seasons of Family Vacation, they were sharing homes, luxurious homes but still one home and they had to double up in the bedrooms.

In this season, they all have separate rooms or suites at this resort so some personal space and they don't have to literally sleep with each other.

I don't recall if in the Poconos they shared rooms.  In Lake Las Vegas they had separate rooms and only came together for meals and some events.  Also had a lounge where they hung out.

But maybe this will be a trend, them insisting on bringing family and each having separate rooms.

They can still have food fights because they usually eat together.

• Love 1

Meh on the tantra couples counseling.  Doubt it’s any long lasting breakthrough.

Probably hoping for some old Jerry Springer moments.

Seems like minimal time commitments from the cast this season.  Were they at the resort more than a weekend?  The blessification was also a couple of days at most.

Maybe there will be a new season in a couple of months or they will put some mini seasons on Paramount + since they’re trying to really push subscriber numbers.

• Love 1

So apparently MTV is planning various spinoffs based on JS, including a JS 2.0 with a new, younger cast in a Jersey Shore home.

They are also planning Buckhead Shore, based in GA, and All Star Shore, based on a shore home in the Canary Islands as well.

Some or all of these spinoffs would be for Paramount +.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2022/05/jersey-shore-20-heads-to-mtv-sending-new-generation-of-partiers-to-the-beach-plus-all-star-shore-battle-royale.html

Snookie didn't react well to the news:

JS Family Vacation will continue, with new episodes soon.

But apparently some other OG JS cast members have complained as well.

495 Productions, the production company, have over the years tried to get permits to film in various Jersey Shore towns and have been repeatedly turned down, in part because of the reputation of the cast.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/mtvs-jersey-shore-rejected-by-nj-town-again-heres-a-history-of-the-state-saying-no-to-snooki-and-co.html

Well MTV and Paramount are rebooting The Hills with a new cast as well and so far, the original cast aren't whining about the reboots.  Guess Snookie is threatened that the gravy train could end if the reboot and the spinoffs are more popular and they don't pay the cast of these new shows nearly as much as them?

• Love 3
(edited)

"Exploit our hard work"-- is this chick for real? Oh yes, Snooki, excessively drinking and indiscriminately banging every night must've been a real toil for the cast. And I thought the bitches on Teen Mom were entitled and out of touch. 

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 6

So what if they are rebooting the show. To me it is like a new cast of Real World. That's what they should have done all along. And I don't know why they are upset, I mean I get it, but they are still employed and have the Family Vacation show. MTV is just trying to see if they can get another cast of young people to party and shit, they should just call it Real World for fucks sake. It isn't that far off from it anyway.

• Love 3

Paramount + will be streaming All Star Shore starting on June 29th, which draws from casts of several Shore programs to have a "party competition" show, in a shore house in the Canary Islands.

The only JS cast member which will be part of this thing will be Angelina.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/all-star-shore-cast-paramount-plus-1235284180/

The other cast members are too successful, old or have family responsibilities for this kind of show.

Well they will probably draw on the rebooted JS to cast future seasons of this show.

There will be future seasons because Paramount + have little interesting original content that isn't reboots or spinoffs of other shows. 

• Love 1
On 5/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, aghst said:

Snookie didn't react well to the news:

"A cast that took a chance with a network in need..."  Is she for real?  I guess in her mind the cast created the show and picked the network it would air on.  Getting picked for JS likely set most of them up $-wise for life, yet they're intent on biting the hand that fees them, it seems.  

• Love 3

I watched the little preview they had of the upcoming season.

They're trying to make a big deal out of some IG photo of Angelina with some guy.

They keep referring to Angelina being in Spain.  That is the new All Star Shore show which they're doing in the Canary Islands and Angelina is the only one from JS to go on that show.

Chris is out of the picture and Angelina may be dating this guy.

I hope they got a lot more than trying to zoom into IG photos to determine that the photo was taken in Cancun, not Spain.

Mike the Investigation uses his skills, which consist of zooming into the background to see Cancun.

Rest of cast tries to feign interest at this random photo.

Come on, need to do better than that.

They previewed Buckhead Shore, a young cast in GA.  They're preparing chicken and they're complaining that the guys cooking it doesn't know what he's doing while the guy says he makes great chicken.

Then they cut to people complaining about how dry the chicken is.

• Love 2

OK watched the premier.

They have Romeo's baptism and they have a big party, a huge feast at some restaurant.

They're saying Mike gots all out for everything but production probably paid for at least some of it.

Mike is spending a lot of money.  Saw a new Porsche I think and they're doing all kinds of construction around that house now.  Better enjoy it while the gravy train lasts.  But they could be spending more than they will make from the show.

Angelina moved into a new place and then went to Spain.  Didn't talk about why but it was for the All Star Shore show and when she came back, Chris is gone, even though he was around at the housewarming party they had.

Then she goes off to Cancun and social media picture circulates of her with another guy.  Big whoop.

Vinny is renting an apt. in Manhattan.

Pauly is performing at Madison Square Garden.

Previews for the rest of the season show some crying, arguing, maybe even getting physical.

Are they going step up their game now that these other Shore shows are going to compete for their audience?

Not a word about Ronnie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The house warming gift of just the 3 of them no Ronnie was when it was noticeable it's like he doesn't exist. They could have at least added him to the photo. 

So Chris was there for moving in the new house then moved out before Spain. I guess he's done now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The appears to be a lack of interest in the JS crew if this forum is any indication of viewership.

It appears that Angelina is the only cast member that has any kind of story that is somewhat interesting.  Mostly because she has the strangest reaction to anything that goes on in her world.  How is it that she and Chris have only had sex once since they got married??  For as much as they fight you would think they would have had a lot of makeup sex.  Guess not.

Now she admits on TV she had sex while married.  To a guy who dumped after the sex stating he does not want the drama and he thought he could "fix" her.  Hahaha, has he watched any of JS prior to meeting her??

The rest of the crew have normal lives like we do. Well, except Pauly D and Vinny but really not much there either.  Especially with Vinny.  I wonder what happed with the girl he picked from his other show DSOL?  Not even an honorable mention and they talk about Vinny's love life (or lack of) constantly, but that girl never even came up in a conversation?

• Love 2

Why are they pretending to be interested in going to El Paso?

Probably because MTV cut a deal to shoot there and secured a big house.

Otherwise, why would they go there?

Well supposedly a lot of towns in the Jersey shore have refused to issue filming licenses to the production.

In their heyday, they got a notorious reputation.  But now they're kind of boring and at most go to restaurants for a big dinner or maybe some isolated resorts.

They're not going to clubs where they have to mix with the public and have potential fights.

• Love 2

Mike is really something, he made me actually take Angelina side. What a manipulative, two faced fake friend.   Then the way he tried to also tell Jenni she was blamed. 

Ronnie next week, he should run for hills. 

• Like 1

I think Mike is encouraged to be nosy.  Last season they had him do The Investigation schtick.

They want to give him something to do besides binging on food and talking about his recovery and being a changed man.

This season, the whole Old Mike vs. New Mike also rang false for me.

But no doubt he's trying to stir some shit.  He may not have called Chris and the sidepiece but there is definitely some slut shaming going on, he didn't want to let go of the fact that Angelina had a sidepiece that she denied for awhile.

I'm not sure he's doing it purely out of malice though.  I think he wanted to play up the role of the guy who finds out and tells on her to the rest of the group.

The show has been relying on social media posts to drive stories for awhile.  All reality shows do that now and when Ronnie was having problems with his baby momma, they had all those tabloid stories or TMZ stuff along with social media.

So JS Family Vacation has been trying to cause a wedge between Angelina and the other women, trying to find drama or beefs between them.  Mike finding out that Angelina had been lying fits in with generating drama.

Because if it was only about them parenting and going on boring weekend getaways, the show probably would struggle more than it has.  They're looking for friction, because that was what made JS infamous, made all of the cast household names.

They're not going to go to clubs and get in brawls with strangers or pull the kind of antics that gets them arrested for public drunkenness and such.

So it's tabloid stuff about personal lives.  If Angelina had children, she probably wouldn't go along with it.

OTOH, that's kind of been her role, to "come in hot" and bring some heat.  She just bought a big new home so she may be exasperated but she's probably not going to walk away from this.

I don't know though, still watching out of habit more than anything else but they're really scraping the bottom for interesting stories.

Next week Ronnie is back.  Will he and the producers make a serious effort to re-integrate him after he was involved in a DV incident?  It gives them some sensationalistic things to talk about on the show so they may do it and he may need the money.

They must get good enough ratings because the cast now all have nice homes and cars.  That's a head scratcher for me unless a lot of other people who watched the original shows are watching out of habit.

• Love 2

Ronnie was featured a bit, talking about his recovery or rehab or whatever, being the sole parent full time for his daughter.

No mention whatsoever of his DV incident(s) which led to him being off the show.

He was even removed from the opening credits?

So is MTV going to have him back again as regular cast?  They Could milk another redemption tour, make him talk about the DV.

He probably could use the money.

The women might object to filming with him, going on “family vacations” with someone who beat women.  But If MTV wants tHe drama, they probably won’t walk away from the TV money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It didn’t look to me like Ronnie wanted to be there. I have a sinking feeling that MTV forced him to do this, possibly to fulfill whatever part of his contact that fell by the wayside when he went to rehab. If that’s the case, they (MTV) should be ashamed of themselves. Dude’s not stable, they shouldn’t be making him do the show until he wants to do the show. And if they make him do amends onscreen, that would be gross. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, JenLily said:

It didn’t look to me like Ronnie wanted to be there. I have a sinking feeling that MTV forced him to do this, possibly to fulfill whatever part of his contact that fell by the wayside when he went to rehab. If that’s the case, they (MTV) should be ashamed of themselves. Dude’s not stable, they shouldn’t be making him do the show until he wants to do the show. And if they make him do amends onscreen, that would be gross. 

Ronnie has been posting all of these throwback pics of him with the cast and talking about his return, so I think he did want to be there. But I agree completely that he is not well, he should not be filmed in this state and MTV should be ashamed for profiting from his mental illness. But honestly, given how he has treated people both on and off the show, I personally don't think he should be on the show regardless of whether he wants to or not. In abusive relationship after abusive relationship, he has burned that bridge and if MTV tries to feed him a redemption arc, that might be the thing that makes me quit this godforsaken show. 

• Love 5