Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They couldn’t give Mike and Laurens a couple of weeks to themselves?

Of course Mike needs to earn, what with his tax evasion troubles and not appearing on the show while he was in prison.

Not to mention some of his cast mates have mansions while he’s living in a modest condo.

Does Laurens work?  MTV can’t be paying them as much as when the original show became a national phenomenon.  But Angelina is talking prenup while her oafish fiancée is driving her car into a light pole.

So Mike worked out hard in prison and then he orders like 5 pizzas before even getting home.  Was that for show or is he going to revert to his previous dietary habits?

Probably isn’t going to join Vinnie with the Keto diet any time soon so that means a lot of buffets and multiple entrees of food on MTV’s tab.

Hope he negotiates a high salary.  Show is definitely better with him than without.

• Love 5

Not surprising, the busting balls is on brand for JS.

But Angelina knew what she was signing up for, when she came back to the show and when she agreed to let MTV organize and pay for her big lavish wedding.

Still have to see how bad it is but she's been the target of some brutal putdowns so how much worse can it be?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, toodywoody said:

So now Snooki is saying the producers made them do it. Fuck MTV.  And still screw them. You can't go around being an asshole to people and then blaming your employer for making you do it.

Screenshot_20200311-064919_Snapchat.jpg

What? She doesn't have the right to say no if she disagrees? It doesn't surprise me that MTV asked them to ruin Angelina's wedding, however they could have said no! Sorry Snookie, I'm not buying it.

• Love 8

Ok the psychic was a setup, probably too many specific things.

The keto vs. Cheeto foods were probably a producer thing but they got into it.

The reunion with Mike seemed really heartfelt.  He said their emails to him meant a lot while he was inside.

They were riffing on questions about prison life.  Ronnie had a some good lines like when Vinny told Angelina just be quiet and come with him to the health food store and he said is that how they slept together, because she kept quiet.

Now maybe they will make jokes about prison rape, since that would be on-brand.  The Mike before prison would take that ribbing in stride, not try to throw back insults.

Will he still be good-natured?

He’s he most-loved among the cast, probably the best thing about having to come on to film this show for them.

• Love 3

As much as I love Laurens, I have to say that as being a dog mama myself, watching Mike and Moses together has been everything. 

It’s my understanding that Mike and Laurens are launching a podcast, but I wonder if they were approached about their own spin-off TV show?

Laurens will never be accused of being an extrovert, but I’d much rather watch her than listen to Ronnie drone on (and on and on and on) about how everything he does is for his daughter. I would much rather watch Moses sleep than listen to Snooki shriek and whine and holler like a small child instead of using her words. 

Pauly and Deena can move in with the Sorrentinos and film, but everyone else needs to step away from the limelight.

• Love 5

Tried to watch last night but one BDS left I basically tuned out.  

What the hell did Jenni do to her face?  In the interviews, she doesn't look that bad.  But when they filmed her crying? awful.  It looked like her face was melting.  All this botox & fillers and what not look terrible, especially on people in their 30s.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 3

I'm glad Mike got his 3-minute sessions with Laurens instead of going to the drag show.

Looks like the guys weren't into it while maybe mostly Jenny was into it.

Obviously a setup for them to announce the girls would be in the wedding party.

Angelina may like the fact that she's making TV money but the other females on the cast are probably not whom she'd choose as her bridesmaids.  

However since MTV is paying for a blowout wedding, of course she's going to go along.

Or maybe she didn't want her wedding in the show but then was hit with the cold reality that if she wants that TV money, she better put her business out there.

I guess Jenny's kids must go to school now?  She says she only gets one weekend with the kids a month and don't want her kids to associate their time with Roger as being more fun because they get to do stuff on weekends while Jenny wouldn't be able to do the same on weekdays because of school or daycare or whatever.

Maybe she didn't get the best divorce settlement terms because she wanted to get the divorce as quickly as possible.

So she's got to earn, despite that palatial home and luxury cars.  They alluded to Mike wanting to have kids and move to a big home so he's gotta earn.

Snookie is driving a minivan not the German cars so maybe she needs to earn.

Angelina and Deena didn't make as much money as the others so they are trying to earn.

Vinny has been there from the start but I don't think he made as much as the others.

Ronny may need money for legal bills so he isn't quitting any time soon.

The only one who doesn't need the money is Pauly, though maybe being on TV regularly helps with his DJ bookings.  But now with the corona virus, maybe he better sock away some money, if he hasn't already.

MTV has them by the balls.

• Love 6

They came back knowing full well what they were getting into. They made bank for years and have been living the life. The girls didn't need plastic surgery and stupid chiclet teeth or big ass houses. A nice simple house without all the expense would have been the best way to go. Instead they got their McMansions and uppity cars and went around for a couple years living off the fame and then oh shit, I need to make bank again to fund my expensive lifestyle, so they all jumped at the chance to make bank again and sold their souls to the devil.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DallasDiva243 said:

Could Deena be any more dramatic about the rabbit!

Hilarious when Vinny tried to console her by saying rabbit will turn into grass, then the antelope will eat the grass and then they can eat the antelope and be connected to the bunny that way.

WTF?

I was dubious that Vinny was assembling all those old JS clips together just that afternoon of movie night.  When he was also doing the cooking I knew he didn’t do it.

Then the posters and the movie screen and snacks and obviously the production crew put it all together including the movi, which had professional narration with voice acting.

Still moved Mike.

The catch up was good but they didn’t really show how crazy it looked, with Jenni and Angelina both brandishing wine bottles like clubs.  Then Snookie did one of her walkouts claiming Angelina was so fake.🙄

They should have shown him clips!

DGAF about the wedding dress store scene.

• Love 2

Ok I watched last night and asked myself "why"?  It must be habit because I watched them 10+ years ago when they were off the chain drunk and ridiculous.  Now?  Now they are 40 something with kids and don't drink.  Two of them are sober and the rest don't drink like they used to.  So its like watching old family home movies that are dull.

So who is more ridiculous?  Me for still watching or them for still filming?

• Love 3

So, I refused to watch JS when it was on.  B/c I'm running out of reality shows to watch, started watching this show.  Wow, it is fucking amazing.  

I just can't get over the Sammi/Ron dynamic.  I can't figure out when their relationship was actually good and wasn't an up and down emotionally abusive relationship.  Other than maybe physical chemistry, why couldn't they either stay together or let go of each other?

I also love the cast mates reactions every time a fight was about to blow. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok I watched last night and asked myself "why"?  It must be habit because I watched them 10+ years ago when they were off the chain drunk and ridiculous.  Now?  Now they are 40 something with kids and don't drink.  Two of them are sober and the rest don't drink like they used to.  So its like watching old family home movies that are dull.

So who is more ridiculous?  Me for still watching or them for still filming?

Yeah I kind of wonder about still watching.

I'm not that big on watching people get drunk on reality shows, though unfortunately it's a staple.

I think it would be pathetic if they continued to drink and party like they used to back in the day.

However, not sure being more family-oriented, showing the kids off to each other, is that interesting either.

GTL was amusing back in the day but eh don't need to see it any more.  The original run, there was some sociological value about the mating rituals of the guido.   Now they're realty TV stars trying to gin up the old drama.

Angelina and her grandmother are probably right about 24 latching onto Jwow for celebrity.  He's trying to encourage her and the cast to join him on the wrestling stage, which may help gain publicity for his fledgling career.

There must surely be more drama from Ronnie coming?  Or will he be able to keep it hidden from the other cast and the cameras?  With the boys going out to Vegas, maybe it will crop up again.

I think they could use more ribbing and ball busting each other.  Ronnie and the other guys was mocking Mike about his gym body, always showing his guns.

• Love 3
On 4/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, scrb said:

Angelina and her grandmother are probably right about 24 latching onto Jwow for celebrity.  He's trying to encourage her and the cast to join him on the wrestling stage, which may help gain publicity for his fledgling career.

These guys especially Pauly has to see this. The second he was so quick appear on the show too.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, sasha206 said:

I also love the cast mates reactions every time a fight was about to blow. 

I loved whenever a fight was going to break out. One of my favorite episodes was when they heard that Ronnie was having a fight on the boardwalk. Pauly and Mike were just chilling, relaxing on the couch and as soon as they got the news, they jumped up, threw their shoes on and took off. They were down for whatever back the.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, geauxaway said:

I could do with never seeing 24 again.  His face bugs me, especially when he smiles.   

God he's an ugly man. I can't stand him and have no clue what she even sees in him. He's so smarmy and creepy. And he's totally using her for the publicity. I liked Roger and have my doubts that he's being as bad as she's making him to be, but I'm hoping that TODAY, they're doing better. They did celebrate one of the kids' birthdays last year all together (including 24's ugly ass).

I'm really confused as to what's happening on the show now. When the episode with 24 flirting with Angelina aired, Jenni did seem to be more upset with her on Twitter. I followed all of that drama in real time. Now on the show, she's acting all apologetic? I must have missed her Twitter apology. And even though she saw how he was acting, she didn't break up with him, as far as I know.

• Love 4

Guessing the boys weekend in Vegas was filmed long before the bachelorette party in New Orleans.

They didn't on a spur of the moment decide to go to NO, it's a fake plot.

They're going to have to come up with better stories soon.

I guess the main thing we have to look forward to are the girls roasting Angelina at the wedding reception, probably egged on by the producers.

Angelina's reaction is probably also scripted.

They can't remain too happy a family.  There has to be some little beefs and busting balls or else it wouldn't be JS.

So the boys have to go incognito or else the onlookers will recognize them.  They should have more confrontations with onlookers like back in the OG JS days, though I'm guessing they're no longer interested in having some big brawl or even noisy arguments with random people.

Well Anglina might get into a shouting match but seems like MTV isn't interested in airing too much of these.  Maybe they don't want to show too much of what really goes on behind the camera at these public venues when they show up for their shoots.

• Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, MitaJo said:

I liked Roger and have my doubts that he's being as bad as she's making him to be, but I'm hoping that TODAY, they're doing better. They did celebrate one of the kids' birthdays last year all together (including 24's ugly ass).

Me too! I really liked him on their web series too. He seemed so proud to have that place in Maine they could escape to. I think why it bugs is we’ve seen him behave immaturely, say stupid things but never any violence. Jenni? She’s always been volatile, easily triggered. I could see her pushing buttons, manipulating then playing victim. Who knows? 
I know I said it in another post but I think about the Snooki and Jwoww spin off where he was asked when he was going to marry Jenni and he said something along the lines of waiting for her to mature. After she got pregnant, their relationship speeded up really fast. I remember when both Snooki and Jenni made a big deal about just wanting to be moms and live off of tv. Did they both settle down too early? Before getting all their fun out? I don’t know but it’s all weird. 

24 is the Prince of smarmyville! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I remember when Jenni and Roger were on some marriage show and Rogers big beef was he did not want to live in front of the camera. So I think them rebooting JS and their sons autism may have been it for him

He seemed okay with and enjoyable on the web show but it was all 5-10 minute shorts, it wasn’t living with a camera crew for a few months. I’m sure there’s a huge difference. 

• Love 3

Yeah I like Pauly but his hair is not cute. He could cut it and spike it up with a more natural-looking hair paste and achieve the same general look without the greasy gel. I've never been a fan of the crunchy wet look on anyone.

Waiting with bated breath for the wedding shitshow as well as that flirtation between Pauly and JWoww that they teased us with at the beginning of this season. I'm sure it will be a five second scene that mounts to nothing, but still...lol.

• Love 3

Pauly’s hair is like an early 2000’s time capsule he doesn’t seem to want to let go of. He probably considers it part of his character. But he would look so much better without it. 

• Love 5

Jenny took the swarmy guy back, so why does it matter what Vinny's word choices were to her? 

Is Ron's Harrah's ban over? Or was that only Vegas? lol

• Love 3

Meh the only real moment was the food fight with the beignets.  They enjoyed it, didn't have to clean up the mess.

Well probably encourage to do so but seemed to be genuine joy.

I think Mike trying to coach up Ronnie and him being polite about it is a little contrived.

It is interesting that Mike said before they started these reboot shows, he wasn't sure how he'd be accepted and his easy-going, positive persona kind of developed from there.

Guess he was ready for a lot of ball busting but he wasn't going to go back at anyone like he used to, tried to de-escalate rather than feed the antagonism.

• Love 2

Pauly posted a video on IG of him with a beard and wearing a hat, so we couldn't see his hair and I swear I wanted to lick the screen. He looked GOOD! Like, so good I didn't even think it was him. I hope that he's still wearing his hair gelled up as part of his JS/Pauly D persona and not because he really likes it because that shit is played out. He needs to move ahead with his quarantine look because it is 1000% better.

• Love 4
On 5/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, MitaJo said:

Pauly posted a video on IG of him with a beard and wearing a hat, so we couldn't see his hair and I swear I wanted to lick the screen. He looked GOOD! Like, so good I didn't even think it was him. I hope that he's still wearing his hair gelled up as part of his JS/Pauly D persona and not because he really likes it because that shit is played out. He needs to move ahead with his quarantine look because it is 1000% better.

I see a lot of guys in their thirties that still have that gelled up Gotti boys/Pauly hair. I’m never certain if they’re stunted, stuck in 2004, or simply don’t know what else to do with their hair. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Supagirl said:

For god’s sake, Jenni and Pauly, just fuck already. Full circle. End this series the way it came in. I, too, would pay to watch this.

That was so contrived and forced.  You can tell the other cast mates were prodded to talk it up in the talking heads.

I wonder how close to Maddie Gras they filmed in New Orleans, which would have been around Feb 25.  Mardi Gras this year is linked to a Coronavirus outbreak which affected the state of Louisiana.

Even though they throw beads to passerbys I think MG would have been too late to be airing episodes now.

NJ and NY are among the hardest hit states so are they staying there or have they bailed?

• Love 2
On 5/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, druzy said:

This guy was a producer for Jersey Shore and RHONJ. He answers some interesting questions.

Thank you so much for posting this! So much good info. My favorite is that apparently Mike and jenni hooked up in season one!! 😳😳😳

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Treehugger9 said:

Thank you so much for posting this! So much good info. My favorite is that apparently Mike and jenni hooked up in season one!! 😳😳😳

I’m still saying Whoa! about that one. Wow! 
I’m glad he shares my option about Deena. She’s sweet but she’s just sort of there. 

I’m in love with Mike and Lauren’s new house. 

• Love 2
On 5/16/2020 at 12:04 AM, LemonSoda said:

I’m in love with Mike and Lauren’s new house

I actually just went hiking in Holmdel last week. The houses there are gorgeous! I wonder how he plans to pay for it's upkeep though. This reboot does not have great ratings and he did have to declare bankruptcy recently. 

Does anyone have thoughts on the Pauly and Jenni situation? I think that while he is attracted to her, he knows that if they hook up there's a high probability that she could catch feelings for him and all the subsequent drama that comes with that. Jenni seems like a good friend, but also fairly high maintenance in terms of dating and I'm not sure Pauly wants to deal with that. I was surprised by the episode;  I thought for sure it was going to be some kind of fake out because they're always going on about being like siblings now, but it seems that Jenni is actually into Pauly. 

• Love 2

Pauly posted this on Twitter yesterday:

If someone had showed this to me with his name removed and asked me to guess who it was, I don't think I would ever have guessed him. 

(edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, Treehugger9 said:

I actually just went hiking in Holmdel last week. The houses there are gorgeous! I wonder how he plans to pay for it's upkeep though. This reboot does not have great ratings and he did have to declare bankruptcy recently. 

Does anyone have thoughts on the Pauly and Jenni situation? I think that while he is attracted to her, he knows that if they hook up there's a high probability that she could catch feelings for him and all the subsequent drama that comes with that. Jenni seems like a good friend, but also fairly high maintenance in terms of dating and I'm not sure Pauly wants to deal with that. I was surprised by the episode;  I thought for sure it was going to be some kind of fake out because they're always going on about being like siblings now, but it seems that Jenni is actually into Pauly. 

I’m curious too! Even more so because, thinking long term how much longer can he bank off of being “The Situation”? I remember that he was considered smart to trademark it but as we know he wasn’t good with money. I’m glad he’s clean, clear headed and genuinely happy with Lauren. I just hope he’s able to find lasting ways to create income. Reality tv doesn’t last forever. 
I know it’s silly but one of the original reasons I liked this cast because most seemed to live nice, productive lives before the show or were on the path to one. Jenni’s businesses were doing well enough to afford a BMW, nicer house rental than most her age. Snooki seemed happy working at the Vet and driving a beat up Honda. Mike was doing well enough to drive a Range Rover. 

I think Jenni and Pauly are in to each other. I also think he knows how impulsive she can be and doesn’t want the drama that could occur. A fun fling? Yeah. But long term and with everyone’s eyes on you? Way too much! 

WOW! This picture is wow! 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Giant Misfit said:

If someone had showed this to me with his name removed and asked me to guess who it was, I don't think I would ever have guessed him. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m curious too! Even more so because, thinking long term how much longer can he bank off of being “The Situation”? I remember that he was considered smart to trademark it but as we know he wasn’t good with money. I’m glad he’s clean, clear headed and genuinely happy with Lauren. I just hope he’s able to find lasting ways to create income. Reality tv doesn’t last forever. 
I know it’s silly but one of the original reasons I liked this cast because most seemed to live nice, productive lives before the show or were on the path to one. Jenni’s businesses were doing well enough to afford a BMW, nicer house rental than most her age. Snooki seemed happy working at the Vet and driving a beat up Honda. Mike was doing well enough to drive a Range Rover. 

I think Jenni and Pauly are in to each other. I also think he knows how impulsive she can be and doesn’t want the drama that could occur. A fun fling? Yeah. But long term and with everyone’s eyes on you? Way too much! 

WOW! This picture is wow! 

It doesnt even look like Pauly D.  wow. 

• Love 2

I think Jenni and Pauly are legit into each other. If Pauly was ready to give a real relationship a go, I think Jenni would be all in - and if Pauly thought a fling wouldn't ruin their friendship, I think he'd go for it. Classic case of different wants and expectations, but the attraction is definitely there. They'd make a hot couple. 🔥

• Love 4

I don't follow reality stars on social media but I read that Pauly has been in a relationship with the winner of his dating show for months now. While I'm sure there's some level of attraction between him and Jenni, I feel like it was mostly playing up to the cameras.

• Love 3

So the controversy about the girls busting Angelina’s chops at her wedding sounded like a contrived thing, producer-driven.

But it looked like the girls were really coming up with the idea in that cafe.  Still the strategy to roast the bride seems like a TV idea.  Guess we will see how good the singers and putdowns are.

Other thing is, they must all be getting paid well for the show, even if ratings are nothing like back during the OG run, when Snooki and others were getting on network late night talk shows and gettin huge exposure.

Seemed like Vinny and Mike were salty that Nicole didn’t invite them to her wedding.  She was making bank back then while Mike was persona non grata with the other cast mates and Nicole probably felt awkward since she slept with Vinny.   For that matter she hooked up with Sitch too didn’t she?

Money must be good.  Mike bought a huge place, sounds like Vinny is upgrading and Angelina and Chris are spending.  He was telling her “our money” in his Salvatore Ferragamos.

Angelina must have quit her job and maybe Chris too?

Hope the show stays on the air for several more years but they’ve done pretty much all.  They can’t really go out to clubs and get drunk any more can they?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Angelina must have quit her job and maybe Chris too?

Has it ever been said what he does or did for a living? I know Angelina was an EMT until her boss sent inappropriate messages or something. 

Yeah like Jenni said, Angelina and Chris may not last.  If she really grabbed Vinny’s junk in front of Chris, why is she marrying someone whom she’s willing to humiliate on TV?

You can tell Pauly isn’t interested in Jenni, while Nicole keeps teasing her about Pauly.  Good that he’s not leading her on any more.

Sounds like Angelina and Chris had no concrete plans last year at Mike’s wedding but MTV dangled a big bridezilla bash and probably extra money for them.  This whole season is more or less planned around this wedding and they’re going to milk it for 2 more weeks and probably have it as a finale?

Is that going to be the cliffhanger, that the women are alienated from each other and won’t appear on the show together again?

No of course that will be up to MTV and they’re all going to keep getting that TV money as long as they can.

• Love 3

They are dragging the wedding  out to reach this drama.

Is 'First Look' a thing? Seems like something made up so they can schedule the day better and take photos before the wedding. 

• Love 2