Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, geauxaway said:

Post pregnancy hormones?  This was not long after she gave birth, correct?

That's what I was thinking. She's what, only a couple of months postpartum? In the rant she says that she wants to be home with her babies. It's probably a situation where she might not want to do it anymore, but the money is too good to pass up.

Hormones are no jokes. I'm on meds now since we're having trouble getting pregnant, and I woke my husband up with my sobs at 4 am the other morning (sorry, dude). I'm freaking unhinged right now, I can't imagine how I'd be after I gave birth and filming a reality show. Especially because these people have a decade of past history together. Who knows WTF really goes on. 

• Love 6

That wedding had to have been paid for by MTV. It was over the top expensive. All the cast was involved, although Mike had issues with his brothers right? I can see him actually having Pauley/Vinnie as real groomsmen but not Ronnie. 

I believe that's also why Sammi didn't go even though she was invited. It's the same like Dena's shower, the one for the show Sammi skipped, Dena's real shower she attended.

• Love 4

Wait if they filmed like last fall or so and Snookie gave birth 3 months ago, she would have been pregnant when they filmed?

When she was doing spiral squad at the dude ranch?

BTW leave it to MTV to find a dude ranch with a bar.

On 8/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, scrb said:

Wait if they filmed like last fall or so and Snookie gave birth 3 months ago, she would have been pregnant when they filmed?

When she was doing spiral squad at the dude ranch?

Yeah, she probably was but she would've only been a month or so along. She gave birth to her son on 05/30/19. Mike got sentenced on 10/05/18 and his wedding was 11/01/18. She may not have even realized she was pregnant yet.

• Love 1

Really kind of sad that Jen was there, who is nothing but trouble. (I don't buy that she's the total reason why Ron is so messed up - he's a trainwreck, too).  Sammi was a friend of Mike's.  Too bad she and her fiancée couldn't be there.  I understand why - the whole Ron drama.  I wouldn't want to be around him either.  

The two little girls were adorable.  The food - oh, my!  Watching while not having a satisfying lunch is torture!  Loved how Vinny and Pauly just went to the bar to eat - far away from Jen.

Still cannot get over how Ron was saying he's the butt of every joke.  It's because you put your shit on the street, son.  Jenni has the sense to keep some stuff more private (guessing because she doesn't want to become Ron part 2, plus for her kids' sake).  Some stuff has come out, but not nearly the level of what has happened with Ron/Jen.  

• Love 4
On 8/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, JenLily said:

Yeah, she probably was but she would've only been a month or so along. She gave birth to her son on 05/30/19. Mike got sentenced on 10/05/18 and his wedding was 11/01/18. She may not have even realized she was pregnant yet.

Well I just had a baby on 6/30 and I had a positive pregnancy test 10/10. And that was not an early test or anything.  So Snooks could have known as early as about 9/10 or even earlier. I have been giving her side eye on that drinking timeline, just because of my own pregnancy. She also claimed to be trying for a baby last season, so I believe she was well aware of her cycles and such. To each their own I suppose...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Any guesses how much a wedding like that cost? I wonder how much MTV paid toward it. Is it possible they paid for the whole thing?  The food looked amazing.  I wonder why Gianni wasn't there. 

They got married on a Thursday so the venue probably was discounted to $200-$300 a plate.

MTV paid for everything and made deals to promote the venue and vendors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Looked like they had fun but booze may have helped.

So maybe they felt genuine joy.  The candid photos they took seem to catch them in a good moment.  They flubbed the dance but they didn’t care, everyone had fun.

Previews make it look like the drama returns in the last two months before Mike goes to prison.

• Love 2

All that food at the reception!  The dessert stations, never heard of that.  To die for!  Mike must have been in heaven.

Wonder why Vinny's mom didn't come with Uncle Nino.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kathy said:

All that food at the reception!  The dessert stations, never heard of that.  To die for!  Mike must have been in heaven.

I was in heaven looking at all of that food. Definitely a top TV wedding. It is weird that we didn't see Vinny's mom or that Gianni didn't go. Maybe he was there but didn't want to be on TV or maybe he was with the other child. If I were Sammi, I would have gone to the wedding and just not go near Jen or Ron. I also like how nice the boys were with the wedding planner girl, especially Pauly. She was great at keeping them in line and on track.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I wonder how much MTV paid toward it. Is it possible they paid for the whole thing?  The food looked amazing.  I wonder why Gianni wasn't there. 

I'm guessing same reason as Sammi. He doesn't seem to do MTV show stuff. Or he was there, but off camera. 

I liked the clips they put in from the original early seasons.  You see how far they've come.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kathy said:

Totally typical for a NYC metro area Italian wedding. Viennese hour! I had them too. 

20 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Any guesses how much a wedding like that cost? I wonder how much MTV paid toward it. Is it possible they paid for the whole thing?  The food looked amazing.  I wonder why Gianni wasn't there. 

Over $100k easy, even on a Thursday. 

• Love 4

When I first watched the show, I thought it would be just a train wreck Real World type of show. 

I thought Mike was a cute and charismatic guy but quite douchey. I felt a bit of shame for how much I enjoyed him. 

Never thought many years later, the cast members would be so close, still fun to watch, have adorable kiddos, the show would actually warm my heart, and Mike would be a sweetheart married to a lovely girl. 

The wedding looked like a blast! Laurens looked prettier than ever. I must say I was totally drooling over the dessert tray. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

You can bet the producers were sympathetic and consoling to her in the moment but they're totally going to milk it for the episodes that air.

We're going to see the meltdown over and over again, including many teasers.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2018 at 2:07 PM, GleamingMist said:

Yes!  I couldn't imagine being away from my kids that long, especially dealing with a newfound autism diagnosis.  To me she showed where her priorities were and it wasn't her family.  Roger made no secret of the fact he was against the show and I could totally see her continued filming, being away etc. an issue.

Very late to this (Sorry!) but I think she couldn't shake letting fame go. For a while she acted above it all saying she stopped the show with Snooki because she didn't want her kids growing up on tv, wanted a normal life. 

Looking back, I think Rodger thought JS and tv would be a funny foot note in their history. I think he's a class clown type but never sought fame or cared for it because he's never left his very good job. He has great health insurance for the kids through the union. 

I remember on the firehouse season of Snooki & Jwoww he said something along the lines of Jenni not being mature enough for marriage. I think Meilani's arrival speeded things along before they were ready. 

Jenni has always come off as very volatile and damaged. She's had a rough life and it shows. I hope she somehow uses all the resources available to help herself heal. 

I said it earlier in the thread but I really liked the short Digital Series with her family. The Maine cabin looks dreamy.  

• Love 1

Maybe Nicole and Jenny didn't have their own income but their husbands thought they didn't need to have their own income.

Having to do the TV show is disruptive to their household and in Snookie's case, she's putting out more film material of her acting irresponsibly for her kids to see when they grow up.

But it's hard to turn down that money, especially if the reboot became a big hit and they could command original JS money.

Meanwhile, Snookie may be over it but wasn't she doing other MTV shows as well?

So maybe she's burned out.

They may not be getting paid like they used to but they were probably also bored with the domestic routine after awhile

• Love 3

Snooki had a lot going on. YouTube, a digital series, brand partnerships,her various online stores, a few other tv shows. I know the filming money is probably too much to turn down but at what cost? She confuses me a lot because I've seen on other shows, even her digital shows where she's normal and very likeable. Then on her podcast, jersey shore, she's a screeching idiot. 

I think they were bored with the domestic life and missed the full fame. I'm not doubting anyone's love for their children but I think she and Jenni both became parents before being emotionally mature and ready so now there's a weird hangover to it all. 

• Love 4

Covered  the whole period between the wedding and going to jail in this episode.

I wonder about the logistics though.  They had camera crews on standby when Roger’s videos came out and when Ronnie had more drama on NYE?

Like they went to Jen’s house the next day and Snooki’s came over to commiserate?  One interesting bit is that Jenny says she’s relieved there’s a prenup so the divorce case could be short instead of drawn out.

Same thing with Vinny’s house and he looks at the tabloid videos of Ronnie and FaceTimes Pauly so they could dim them discussing it?

I guess it saves them the work of actually coming up with story ideas, though with the sentencing, dude ranch and wedding they couldn’t get them all together for a big fake family vacation like last year.

But then you notice that Jenny and Nicole had the same clothes and makeup and hair for when they were reacting to Roger’s video, Ronnie’s video and finally Mike going to jail?

These events were suppose to be at least a couple of weeks apart.  So they probably filmed these reaction and discussion scenes in the same day and they’re looking at videos weeks or months afterwards and pretending to be seeing them in real time.

Then they had Deena record videos on the phone when she went into labor but then a camera crew filmed some later.  And someone flew with Ronnie on the plane and took cell phone videos of him on that flight.

So far I’d say the first season of this Family Vacation was better than this second season has been.  There’s been genuine moments but feels like fewer of them than the first season.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, scrb said:

So far I’d say the first season of this Family Vacation was better than this second season has been.  There’s been genuine moments but feels like fewer of them than the first season.

I feel the opposite. I didn't enjoy the first season because sticking them in a house or at the club at their age felt forced. I almost stopped watching as a result.  This season has showcased more of their actual lives and to me that's been interesting.  For example, seeing Angelina in her new house.  I'd rather see that than watch them sit in club while Ron & Snooki "spiral" while the rest look bored.

• Love 11

I’m also enjoying this season more. Part of it is because there is more going on. The show has always had drama, but Mike’s wedding and then going to jail is definitely not something that happens in every episode. You could see how much they do truly love the guy with how devastated they were. I’m curious what Jenni will say in the next episode. It’s very sad how ugly things got between her and Roger. They did produce some adorable children. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scrb said:

I wonder about the logistics though.  They had camera crews on standby when Roger’s videos came out and when Ronnie had more drama on NYE?

The whole episode was spliced they reenact it, so Vinnie acts like it's a brand new article that just happened for the cameras.

Did we ever see Ronnie's dad before? He gave him good advice.

• Love 3

It's not a nice thing to say, but I've never thought Deeners was the best-looking apple on the tree. In the impromptu videos of her getting ready for childbirth, however (especially bouncing on the yoga ball), I thought she looked legitimately attractive. Girlfriend needs to tone down the spackled make-up and ironed hair - she looks so much cuter with a more natural look. And I'm not a breeder myself, but her delight at the baby's arrival was very sweet.

• Love 4

I didn't watch this show when it was originally on, and then just caught a few random episodes over the years.  Either last summer or the summer before, MTV re-aired the entire series, and I recorded it on my DVR and then watched the entire series in order. It was quite interesting to see the characters and relationships develop and change over the years. I think it had more of an impact because I watched them all back to back. 

This bunch had an organic chemistry that is hard to re-create. 

I'm finding this season very interesting, just seeing the rawness of Ronnie's situation, and then Mike going to prison. I am not big on wedding shows but his wedding genuinely impressed me. I like his attitude now and I hope nothing bad happens to him in prison. 

Paulie is one I still feel a bit confused about. I wonder if he will ever settle down. Also Vinnie. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Paulie is one I still feel a bit confused about. I wonder if he will ever settle down. Also Vinnie. 

They should just go ahead and do it already. You know they both want to.

• LOL 3
28 minutes ago, Quita said:

Did that biatch Jen just really ask her fresh-out-of-rehab boyfriend if they can pop champagne and have a bartender at their daughter's first birthday party? SMH.

Something is very wrong with her and something is very wrong with Ronnie's new teeth. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Quita said:

Did that biatch Jen just really ask her fresh-out-of-rehab boyfriend if they can pop champagne and have a bartender at their daughter's first birthday party? SMH.

Probably because the party is more for the show than actually for the kid.  Just an excuse to bring some of the cast together from across the country.

Ronnie said first birthday is one of the most important.  The kid won’t even understand or remember it.  It’s an event for adults.

But the father is trying to be sober but they’ll serve a lot of booze.

Ronnie tells Pauly and Vinny that he and Jen aren’t together.  Next scene he’s on, he says he and Jenny are together.

Not only is it good for the baby, it’s good for them.

🙄

Whatever, if he can monetize his IG like Angelina is apparently doing.

Is she really a shit-stirrer or is some of it the producers who keep setting up these confrontations — Angelina and Jenny, Angelina and Laurens.

Now Jenny’s bragging about all the sex she’s having, after years joking about trying to avoid sex with Roger.

• Love 3

3 of them in that small bunkbed room at The Flamingo? Is that the only hotel left that lets them in? I also found it funny, Ron stayed outside on the street while they ate dinner at Ballys. Is he not allowed in?

Angelina is the worst, she's making money on "swipe ups" of Mike and Lauren's personal business that's not even true in the tabloids? 

Lauren never going to Vegas is what surprised me the most of this episode. Never? She's been with Mike so long and he never took her, he went so many times with the others. 

• Love 3

Ronnie sounds just like the teen dads on other shows: “MY daughter.”

Your daughter has a name. Her name has also been made public, so it’s OK to say “Ariana.” We will know who you’re talking about! Promise! 

I can’t stand it when people constantly refer to their kids as “my _________.”

(Except for Pauly - he can say it. Haha!) 

Angelina and the clickbait. Production made her say that stuff, right?!?!

Her justification that SHE was making money, regardless of the content of the clickbait, and how “it’s not a big deal” illustrates how shitty she truly is. She doesn’t have an ounce of empathy or loyalty in her. We all know that if the clickbait was about her, she’d physically fight people who posted those links.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 8:18 PM, FreetheGirlses said:

I kind of think that the Legacy Castle looks gaudy, but that's just me. It's not a real representation of Italy at all, and I think that Mike was just making those comments because they COULDN'T go to Sicily and get married...more for emphasis than the fact that the thought he was actually getting something that would resemble what his Italian wedding would have been like. I could be wrong about this situation, though 😉

What was funny to me is that when they did the season in Italy they all hated it.  At the Shore they're all rah-rah! We're Italian! Then they hit Italy and they're like, this isn't Italian! These people don't know how to be Italian! Italy sucks!

On 8/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, Quita said:

Yes, yes she did.  But to be fair to Jen, Ronnie went to a "wellness center" for his depression.  Not rehab for a substance problem.  Which he totally needs, of course.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Wow, Jenni's new man is kinda douchy.  Surprised by the urgency to get him in front of the cameras.

I thought the same thing. Mr. Lily and I looked at each other and said, "Looks like she's on to Roger #2." Her behavior around him was so odd. Maybe it's because I'm used to her being so careful around Roger but I couldn't get over her smitten kitten behavior.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, smores said:

Yes, yes she did.  But to be fair to Jen, Ronnie went to a "wellness center" for his depression.  Not rehab for a substance problem.  Which he totally needs, of course.

But he nonetheless was trying to stay sober. Jen, who makes a large steaming pile of sh*t look good by comparision, does not deserve your kindness. 

Edited by xhoipolloix
  • Love 4

Ron seems to be spending like TV money is going to keep coming.  Maybe he has some other income.  But new house in Vegas and Jen wants a home with a dock in FL while he wants to go to LA.

It couldn’t have been that long between when Roger put up those posts and Jenny started seeing 24?  I’m sure MTV wanted her to get him on the show but the timing could appear to be seen as humiliating Roger.

Laurens has good advice for Ron and Jen, which will be promptly ignored.

Vinny talks about his Chippendales gig like it was some lifelong aspiration.  Really?  Or is it just a big payday?  He and Paulie must have gotten decent money for that other MTV show that they did.

• Love 2

Yeah Ronnie was talking all kinds of shit about Jenny’s new relationship.

He said Jenny was always in a relationship as long as he’s known her.  He suggested she should be single for awhile, to discover herself or something like that.

Some of his points may be valid but he’s not the one who should be making them considering his own history.😅

• Love 5

I think the Situation and Lauren will have a successful long-term relationship because he took sobriety seriously and has deeply internalized all the lessons that can come with that path.  In some ways, this can make a person even more functional/better than a person who has never gone through such a struggle.... but only in the case when the person sort of rebuilds their entire personality into a healthy form.... which I think Mike has done.

• Love 6