Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Penelope5 said:

All the roommates know who Ronnie is, they know he's a liar and a cheater.

Sammy passed up some good cash to avoid Ron. That says it all.

And yet all the roommates (except Sam) claim to still be friends with him, which makes me judge them by association. Ron has showed his ass so many times, and IMO he's crossed the line between occasional asshole/domestic abuser a few times.

I caught an earlier rerun from the first season two nights ago, and even back when he and Sam first got together he was showing the warning signs - super sweet one moment, suddenly turning and getting really angry the next, especially when Sam dared to talk to other guys. I don't get why the rest of them are still friends with him.

And yet despite all of that, I wish Mike had just said, "Hey, can you stop ribbing me about the IRS thing? It's a really difficult subject for me." Instead he got passive aggressive about it, which I understand but kind of shows shades of the old Mike. Makes sense since getting sober certainly doesn't take away all your flaws, but I wish he'd taken the high road there.

• Love 5

Ron is such a liar. He not only lied to his Baby Mama (a given), but he's sitting there bold-faced lying to his friends. They KNOW what went down. But, no, it was just some innocent "salsa dancing" and an "automatic closer" of a door. I hope Mike drops a THOUSAND French Fry jokes when the chick gets there. "The Predicament" should be Ron's new name. 

Vinnie and his high maintenance haircut. What was that all about? I couldn't tell a difference. 

Deena insisting on going out with the guys was annoying. And sure enough she got drunk and made an ass of herself. Although, it did look (to me) like Vinnie unintentionally caused that last fall. Still, if the guys want to go out alone, can't they? Can't she hang with the girls at home? Or hit another club? She's annoying and looks like Spike from Land Before Time. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, kira28 said:

Omg rin doesn't even know the future mother of his child birthday.

He knew NOTHING about her! Not her favorite color or dream vacation spot. I bet he doesn't even know what color her eyes are. 

• Love 7
On 5/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, archer1267 said:

I've re-watched Season 1 and am midway through Season 2. What struck me is this sense of entitlement - particularly from Vinny (who's unlikely to be any girl's idea of a 10) and Mike (whom I've considered to be a male version of a "butterface" at times). When Sam first walks into the Shore house, Vinny says something about how he's seen hotter girls (paraphrasing), as if Sammi would even look at him twice at Karma. I was puzzled by a scene where Mike is in the hot tub with a group of girls, splashes his face and says in a voiceover "we got grenades!!" Now, these girls weren't supermodels, but they were decent-enough looking, and they weren't overweight. It just gets ridiculous, the notion of Mike and Vinny thinking that they're all that and deserve 10s, and disparaging women who don't meet their standards. I think Vinny looks better now with some miles and facial hair on him - I hope his view on women's looks has evolved as well.

I SO agree. I don't think ANY of the guys on the show are good-looking whatsoever. If I HAD to pick the one I found most attractive just based on aesthetics, I'd go with Ron (although he seems like he'd be REALLY short). Even if Pauly D had a "10" face, I'd be powerless to laughing in it once I looked at his hair...but he doesn't have a "10" face. What I will say about Pauly D though, is he is the only one I find to be "cute" because of his personality. I don't see where any of them get off thinking they deserve a GiGi Hadid on their arm (then again, neither does Zane, but I could go on forever if I start now. Lol). 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Penelope5 said:

Ron being a jerk and saying to Mike "I'm not giving you the money, I don't know what you're going to do with the money" (grocery money) was another low for Ronnie. He's a coke head and he's talking? At least Mike did not knock anyone up and claim to love his ex on national TV whilst also grinding in a club. He's such an arse!

I gotta  admit, when Mike brought the French fries home from the store, I laughed my butt off.  He said that if Ron kept it up, then he would 

"check him," I think that he said.  Ron would just not let up on Mike.  I think that this is the first time that I've ever rooted for Mike!   

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Tress said:

I gotta  admit, when Mike brought the French fries home from the store, I laughed my butt off.

Yup, that’s definitely reminiscent of old Mike and I laughed, too! 

I agree with whoever said Jenni is only there for a check. I mean, they all are obviously but especially her.

I can’t believe Ron has been with this girl for over a year and didn’t even know her birthday. Wtf? I really hope he was just saying that shit because it makes him look more nuts on television.

• Love 4
(edited)

Around 5 min Jenny basically admits it's about the money for her now. No shocker, she's sleeping it away lol. They could only milk their 'fame' so long and it was either drift into the past and be a nobody for all of them except Pauly, or do this reunion, earn some cash and stay in the spotlight a bit longer in order to secure another gig.

Edited by Penelope5
  • Love 6
On 5/5/2018 at 9:25 AM, Penelope5 said:

Around 5 min Jenny basically admits it's about the money for her now. No shocker, she's sleeping it away lol. They could only milk their 'fame' so long and it was either drift into the past and be a nobody for all of them except Pauly, or do this reunion, earn some cash and stay in the spotlight a bit longer in order to secure another gig.

I think all of them now are doing it for the money and fame.  I mean what other type of jobs could any of them do, but reality TV or social media? 

Most people did crazy things in their twenties, but it's not preserved for all the world to see for all eternity.  Can you imagine walking into an office and seeing Snooki as the receptionist, or Ron in a police uniform or Pauly D as an attorney?  All of them have been seen on TV drunk and stupid and that shit will stick around forever.  They have no choice but keep that fame train running.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think all of them now are doing it for the money and fame.  I mean what other type of jobs could any of them do, but reality TV or social media? 

Most people did crazy things in their twenties, but it's not preserved for all the world to see for all eternity.  Can you imagine walking into an office and seeing Snooki as the receptionist, or Ron in a police uniform or Pauly D as an attorney?  All of them have been seen on TV drunk and stupid and that shit will stick around forever.  They have no choice but keep that fame train running.

Pauly D is the only one with a legit job that he was starting before Jersey Shore took off. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tinaw said:

Pauly D is the only one with a legit job that he was starting before Jersey Shore took off. 

Yes, but Pauly D, I'm sure makes more money as a DJ by being "Pauly D from Jersey Shore."

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, but Pauly D, I'm sure makes more money as a DJ by being "Pauly D from Jersey Shore."

This is very true. What I ment is Pauly would still be a DJ without Jersey Shore. Maybe not as popular, but still a dj

• Love 6
On 5/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, Brooklynista said:

As dumb as I thought Sammie was for staying with Ron, she was at least smart enough to never get knocked up by him.

Sammie never would have gotten rid of Ron, he would have been in her life forever.

• Love 4

I've been watching Season 3 when that huge fight happened between him and Sam, and when he broke all her stuff. He said "I never thought she would leave". That says enough about who he was back then and that hethought he could do whatever he wanted and the doormat would stick around. Nothing has changed for him other than the fact he has a child now.

• Love 4

Interesting how Ron has behaved towards Mike during the reunion, just proves what a crappy person he truly is, and despite Mike's mistakes and shortcomings he was there for Ronnie a lot of them time. In Season 3 when that huge fight happened between Sam and him, when she left and he was crying on the patio upstairs Mike was the only one that went up there to talk to him and comfort him. Mike did the same thing this time around, and Ron is just a douche to Mike.

• Love 10
On 5/2/2018 at 8:32 PM, Tress said:

I totally agree with everything that you've said, Freethegirlses, , except the huge part about her skipping out.  IMO, she should have come on the reunion vacation, as a cast member for all of those years, and show how she's moved on and participated with all of her cast mates in the fun and partying.  It would be great to see all of them together again, without Sam & ahole Ron together.  We never got to see, in all of those years, a truly single Sam.  

The thing is though, that she wouldn't have been truly single. I think she started dating her current boyfriend about a year ago...she did come on that small reunion road trip that aired in August or whenever this past year, and she had the boyfriend then, too (Ron wasn't on that). She's still with the same guy. 

I would have loved to see her there, but with Ron there it was never going to happen. Just look at how often he brings her up with a pregnant live in girlfriend...never mind the fact that Sam isn't even in the house with them! That was truly a toxic relationship, and while I do believe she has genuinely moved on, I don't think we would have seen fun Sam on these episodes simply because Ron was there. Sounds like their relationship was a decade of unhealthiness, and it would be best to leave it in the past for good. 

• Love 9

I totally agree with your take on the Shore men, California. I've seen photos of Pauly without the gel-met and he looks better, IMO. The guido aesthetic is not my thing but I can see why women gravitate to Pauly, personality-wise - he's easy-going, funny, and doesn't start sh*t.

I should have added that the more past seasons I watch, the more I realize that the women could be bad too with the slut-shaming. In S1, Angelina says something pretty awful about girls that have come back to the house with Mike and Pauly, like "they're whores and should be abused." (On a side note, while Angelina was my least favorite of the cast, I hated that the guys called her "the Staten Island ferry/dump" and picked at her for sleeping with Vinny...while Vinny, who hated Angelina! gets a pass for sleeping with her. And where did any of them get off calling her FAT?)

• Love 3

I hope they all have good financial advisors and have been putting money away for a rainy day, because there's no way MTV is going to get the cast together in another 5-10 years. Most of them are already older than the average MTV viewer, and Pauly is now closer to 40 than 30 (!). The three women already look embarrassed or sheepish in the opening credits. If it wasn't for Ronnie bringing the drama, I'm not sure what would be the hook. Snooki losing her wedding ring? Deanna falling off a table?

But it's not impossible to start over with a new life. I'll cop to watching the first season of Rock of Love. Most of the contestants looked like they were "exotic dancers," a career with a short shelf life. Heather Chadwell, the finalist who looked tailor-made for the part, actually moved back home to Ohio and carved out a real estate career for herself. The smart reality TV people know that their 15 minutes only extends for so long, and find something else to do...and usually away from places like LA and Las Vegas.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/4/2018 at 11:24 AM, pigs-in-space said:

And yet all the roommates (except Sam) claim to still be friends with him, which makes me judge them by association. Ron has showed his ass so many times, and IMO he's crossed the line between occasional asshole/domestic abuser a few times.

I caught an earlier rerun from the first season two nights ago, and even back when he and Sam first got together he was showing the warning signs - super sweet one moment, suddenly turning and getting really angry the next, especially when Sam dared to talk to other guys. I don't get why the rest of them are still friends with him.

And yet despite all of that, I wish Mike had just said, "Hey, can you stop ribbing me about the IRS thing? It's a really difficult subject for me." Instead he got passive aggressive about it, which I understand but kind of shows shades of the old Mike. Makes sense since getting sober certainly doesn't take away all your flaws, but I wish he'd taken the high road there.

But then he wouldn’t be sober ? 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:12 PM, ghoulina said:

He knew NOTHING about her! Not her favorite color or dream vacation spot. I bet he doesn't even know what color her eyes are. 

And I bet he cares even less. If this chick is still with him, wtf is wrong with her?!

21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t think most of them have the brains for any kind of actual job anyway but I’d argue they’ve been filmed doing crazier/nastier/weirder shit than most people ever did in their 20s (and 30s for some of them) so they’d be even less likely to get hired at any real job. I partied a ton, did a bunch of drugs even when I was younger but I don’t think much of what I did compares to the humiliating things this cast has done on film! 

1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I hope they all have good financial advisors and have been putting money away for a rainy day, because there's no way MTV is going to get the cast together in another 5-10 years. Most of them are already older than the average MTV viewer, and Pauly is now closer to 40 than 30 (!). The three women already look embarrassed or sheepish in the opening credits. If it wasn't for Ronnie bringing the drama, I'm not sure what would be the hook. Snooki losing her wedding ring? Deanna falling off a table?

But it's not impossible to start over with a new life. I'll cop to watching the first season of Rock of Love. Most of the contestants looked like they were "exotic dancers," a career with a short shelf life. Heather Chadwell, the finalist who looked tailor-made for the part, actually moved back home to Ohio and carved out a real estate career for herself. The smart reality TV people know that their 15 minutes only extends for so long, and find something else to do...and usually away from places like LA and Las Vegas.

As is Mike. They’re all 30+ and I totally agree that this is probably it for them. They’re already too old for MTV. I think the only people on the network over 30 are from The Challenge and that’s only because they’ve been on that show for decades. I think a smart person could move on to another career but, who in this cast is smart? I wouldn’t have assumed it was Pauly, but I guess it is. Or else he’s just lucky. And he has long been thought to be the most attractive cast member and that probably has helped too.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

And where did any of them get off calling her FAT?)

I strongly disliked Angelina but she was far from fat, IMO. I hated when the boys made fun of her weight. She looked fine to me. Same with Snooki. I think it's during season 2 but when they were all out for dinner, Snooki asks for more rolls and Mike says something like, "looks like you already have a few." The look on her face was one of complete sadness. Even Ron stood up for her. I think he called Mike an asshole or told him to shut-up or something immediately following that nasty remark.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I hope they all have good financial advisors and have been putting money away for a rainy day, because there's no way MTV is going to get the cast together in another 5-10 years.

I think I read somewhere that one of the producers told them, back when the show first started, to spend their money wisely because their fame wouldn't last forever. Most reality stars have their time in the spotlight but eventually fade away.

6 hours ago, FreetheGirlses said:

The thing is though, that she wouldn't have been truly single. I think she started dating her current boyfriend about a year ago.

Ron said they broke up in 2016, I think. So yeah, that's still fairly recent. 

• Love 2

None of the girls were obese and in my opinion Angelina wasn’t fat. 

I think all the girls are in better shape now. Snooki and Deena were both chubby. Jenny had a nice body just needed a touch of toning, Sam has bigger bone structure and looks better now, and Angelina was soft. 

Then again, none of the guys were anything special in my opinion. Although gotta give credit where credit was due, Pauly and Mike had decent bodies back in the day. Faces not so much. 

• Love 2

Pauly has done or is still doing yearly resident DJ gigs in Vegas. Those pay a TON. I just remembered he was the opening act on one of Britney Spears tours. That money probably wasn’t too shabby either. Good for him. I always liked Pauly, he still seems down to earth & a genuinely decent person. 

• Love 12

Have you guys seen this interview? At 8 min Deena is asked about how Sammi reacted to the doll and Deena said she told her about the doll so Sammi knew. It seems like Jenny and Snookie aren't that close to Sam anymore. I know her and Jen weren't close to begin with, but Jenny wasn't very supportive in this interview.

She said "It's her choice, listen listen, it was Sammy's choice so whatever happens on the show she has to understand that it came from a place of her not being there. She could have came, she could have defended herself she could have defended what was said and done in the house but because she didn't, things happen."  Right, she could have but at the risk of losing a lot more than she could ever gain. If the roles were reversed and Jenny's abusive ex was in the house I think she would expect a bit more from her so called friend.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Another season has already been greenlit, right? I wonder if Ron will return since he has a newborn.

That made me laugh.  Hopefully Jen will have a restraining order on his ass by the time filming starts.

• Love 7

As much as I couldn't take Angelina, and as much as I don't like fat-shaming, I'd get a nice dose of Schadenfreude if Angelina mentions Mike's obvious puffiness when she makes her appearance later this season. "Didn't you ride me about losing 10 pounds? Didn't you call me fat? Well, where'd your six-pack go?"

• Love 2

I’d actually love it if the girls would admit they weren’t always fair to Angelina. 

I wasn’t her fan by any means, but they took things a bit too far at times. She did as well, but others got away with much worse. 

• Love 2

I’m watching the episodes where Rahnnnn & Sam’s fights get more violent.  Worse than i remember , they were so toxic. I recently watched the Instagram fight with his new baby momma , he’s exactly the same ( and from reports of a prior arrest she may be no better) . When you’ve got anger mgmt problems and you knock up someone you barely know..... aaaand now the new daughter has to shuffle between 2 homes with parents who hate each other at infancy. Horrible. 

Glad Sam skipped the reboot , Rahnnn obv wished she was there and he was still a Cheater on the preggers girlfriend.  Rooiiiiddd Raaaaage Raahhhhhm Stahhhhppp

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, CofCinci said:

24 million US DOLLARS? Wow.  I know that those Vegas residencies make lots for singers like Lady Gaga, Britney and Bruno Mars but who knew that trickled down to celebrity DJs too.  Good for him. 

DJ PaulyD has a child as well but I’ve never read about or have seen any pictures of him\her.  I wonder if it was a quasi-gf or just a Vegas one-nighter he knocked up.  Pauly seems like he would be verrryyyy cautious with birth control and making sure that did not happen but don’t know the story.   Pauly was also involved with singer/ reality diva Aubrey ODay after doing famously single together - now that was a weird pairing to me  ? he’s pretty chill & she’s total overkill .  

Being on this installment brings in new fans to his Vegas shows ( 24mill!!!!).  Ronnie is such a dumb roid-eager, his antics on IG with domestic abuse have to affect him getting bookings etc , think about how you’ll support your kid you idiot. Snooki’s slimmed down from the JS days but she wrecked her mouth with those giant chicklet choppers and duck lips ( no one tells her?) . I always found her amusing.  I liked Vinny but he always seemed to think he was soooo much more intelligent and above the rest of the cast cuz he had a college degree ( not sure if any of the others have one ). 

**Like : PaulyD, Snooks, Jwow, Vinny 

**meh : mike , deena , Sammi , Vinny ( when he’s being a male chauvinist pig) 

**HATE: Ronnie, Angelina

Edited by DNR
Realized i meh Vinny at times
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, DNR said:

Being on this installment brings in new fans to his Vegas shows ( 24mill!!!!).  Ronnie is such a dumb roid-eager, his antics on IG with domestic abuse have to affect him getting bookings etc , think about how you’ll support your kid you idiot. Snooki’s slimmed down from the JS days but she wrecked her mouth with those giant chicklet choppers and duck lips ( no one tells her?) . I always found her amusing.  I liked Vinny but he always seemed to think he was soooo much more intelligent and above the rest of the cast cuz he had a college degree ( not sure if any of the others have one ). 

Mike does - his fiancee was his college sweetheart. Vinnie made a joke on the yacht regarding Mike having a college degree.

• Love 2

So your pregnant girlfriend is in Miami for 2 nights and on her first night, you take her out to...a strip club? Whose bright idea was that?? No wonder she didn't feel like staying there for long.

The situation with Vinny and his girlfriend was weird, but gotta love Paola trying to convince her son that he's as good as single.

Vinny: Mom, I'm not single. I have a girlfriend.

Paola: But you don't have a ring on your finger! 

Love that Mike's owning his newfound sweet tooth.

• Love 5

Ron is so messed up. It’s like he’s proud to have his pregnant girlfriend and “baby” at a strip club.  So pathetic. He isn’t behaving like a man in his 30s. He’s trying to re-live his 20s. 

Jen is a b!tch for referring to Mike as “the incarceration” like Deena said he’s totally shit talking about Mike to Jen. Ron needs to check himself because he’s the most messed up out of the bunch, and that’s saying a lot. 

Surprised by what Vinny’s mum said. He’s not with the girlfriend anymore. If those comments from his mother are any indication then his mother isn’t very keen on the girl. If my boyfriend’s mother said something like that I wouldn’t be very happy with her.  Sure there isn’t a ring on his finger, but come on. Vinny is a mummy’s boy and I think he would only ever marry a girl his mother approves of, and whilst what we saw of his mom on JD she appeared nice I think she is probably a typical overbearing Italian mother. I dated someone who had a mother like that and it was horrible, they meddle in so much and always give their 2c worth.

Also, Jenny needs to lay off the Botox her eyebrows are out of control. 

CA9A4F17-8CE2-4DE5-A19F-C0E48E2EE705.jpeg

B465A857-8AA2-4FB3-9AFA-C49E00903DA2.jpeg

• Love 9

Go Jenni!  

Ron is a little boy.  He does whatever he wants, but he will never take any responsibility.  He said he doesn't like being responsible.  He likes the idea of having someone at his side, growing old with them, but it's just a fantasy at this point.  He really wants to be at the club every night, get shitfaced, bring home some hot (and easy) girl, do a one night stand, and then she's gone next day.   He's still somehow threatened by Mike, has to badmouth him at every turn.  Mike has grown up.  He may go to prison, but he's still an overall better man now than Ron.  

Ron also seems like he rushes into relationships.  The whole thing with Sammi went from flirting to you're my one and only in a nanosecond.  He may have been doing the same with Jen, possibly to find a new GF because he heard Sammi had a new (and looks like serious) BF.  Maybe he decided to really 'show' Sammi and have a baby with Jen.  Yeah, look how serious I am!!!

Jen, low blow in calling Mike the Incarceration.  You don't even know him, except through your douchebag BF (now ex).  

I would have added would you like your daughter to be treated by guys like you treat every girl?  (Jenni said something similar).  He says I'm not that guy.  You are 100% that guy.

Vinny is such a mama's boy.  Mama didn't like the GF, probably never will like any GF.  I think Mama wants her Vinny all to herself.   Oh, and Vinny, women get horny, too.  It's called self control, and you apparently are wanting to be a junior member of the IFF.  Pauly D acts like he's the one with a GF, not the single guy.

• Love 18

One of the girls (can't remember who) said that Ronnie wants to have his cake and eat it, too. That's him in a nutshell, that's his whole dilemma, etc. He only wants to be in a relationship when he feels like it and when it's easy and there are perks. The rest of the time he wants to be a single guy out at the club. Unless he finds a woman who will put up with that, he's SOL.

Jenni saying that if she hadn't been punched in the face 8 years ago, she'd be writing a note to Jen about how Ronnie cheated was hilarious. Vinnie saying that Snooki was wearing a funeral getup to the beach because her liver was dead was also good.

• Love 10

How prophetic were Jwow's comments about Ron waiting until after the kid is born to tell Jen he cheated in light of their recent break-up?  Their kid is now 1-2 months old and they're physically assaulting each other on social media.  Nice. Loved her laying into for being a total douche.  Too bad he's too coked up to man up.  

Never thought I'd be on Mike's side but I love new Mike.  Nice to see him sober, happy & eating cake.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Jenni has definitely turned into my favorite. LOVED getting on Ron for how he treats Jen.

And from previous discussion, I think Jenni, Paula, and Vinny are the most financially stable.

Who is Paula? Pauly??

I have to disagree. Some of the reports I’ve seen Jenni isn’t any higher than Vinny both sitting somewhere around 3M net worth. 

Pauly D and Snooki are the better off housemates financially. Snooki’s father apparently managed her money. Her net worth is around 5m. 

Mike used to have a higher net worth now he has zilch. 

Ron has as much as Jenny and Vinny is the same. 

Angelina, Sam and Deena are the same around or under 2M. 

Some of them were kinda stupid in not using their “fame” to earn more and continue working. 

Snooki’s husband has his own business and was never lacking in cash, Jenny’s husband Roger has a regular job but not sure if it’s his company. He used to have a boss. 

Jenny could have made bank if she was smart enough back then and gotten into more than her stupid tanning locations or whatever it was she was shilling. 

Couole million is nothing to write home about given they earned 10K and episode after season 1. Smart investments being in smart money. 

Yeaaa, Ronnie has totally been talking trash about Mike to his baby mama. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually TOLD her to call him "the incarcertation". And that was pretty tacky of her to bust out with that right after meeting someone. Given the fact that she's still with Ron (as far as I can see), they're probably two peas in a pod. So I can't be fussed to have much sympathy for her. 

(Plus, she's clearly an idiot. "I'm like 80% Great Britain." What the what what?

But I was LIVING for Jenni going off on Ron. When she told him, "You will not want what YOU are in her life" (referencing his daughter), I stood up and clapped. YES. He is exactly the kind of scumbag he won't want anywhere near his daughter. But guess what? Many women subconsciously pick men that are a lot like their fathers. He needs to fucking shape up, and give his daughter a GOOD example of how men should treat women. 

But I have little hope for him. I know people can change. And Mike shocked the hell out of me. But I just can't see it with Ron. Plus, he looks like the type to be jealous of his own kid. I can totally see him giving Jen a bunch of crap for paying more attention to the baby than him. 

And Jenni was also right about Ron putting off telling the truth about French Fry. I don't, for one minute, buy that Ron is waiting for JEN'S sake. Nope. That was purely a selfish move. He doesn't want to have some big fight on camera. He's probably also hoping that if enough time passes and she's all wrapped up in the baby, that will soften the blow. But Jenni's right - it's going to be worse. Because Jen actually ASKED what happened. Simply not telling is one thing. But he outright lied now, and he's going to have to go back on that. 

Coward. 

And, Vinnie, you ain't off the hook either. You know, Vinnie was one of my favorites in the old days. But we never really got to see Vinnie in a serious relationship. This is a whole new side of him. Sure, picking up a stripper isn't as bad as going into a bathroom with some club skank, but it ain't GOOD either. 

And as much as he tries to act all superior, he was deflecting and minimizing just like Ron. He was trying to downplay it, like he just didn't think she looked like a stripper. Nah, bro, you were oogling and commenting about that chick all night. You said, "let's run away" - like you were going to flee TOGETHER. 

Plus, SAVE her? Don't make me laugh. Look, I find the sex industry appalling on many levels; and, therefore, have no part in it. But Vinnie frequents strip clubs! He participates in it! So who is he decide who is too good for such a place and who isn't??? And I'm not really sure how he's going to "save" her? Set her up in his mom's basement and feed her pasta every night? That girl probably makes more in a night than he does in a week. 

So take a seat. 

Oh, and Vinnie's mom! Wow. You can see where he gets it from. She's excusing away every thing and basically telling him to lie. Her precious baby can do no wrong. I HATE moms like that. They totally ruin their kids for whatever potential mate they'll have down the road. 

• Love 20

I’m watching the old season whilst this family reunion is going on and the way they treated Angelina is a bit unfair. Yes, she was very unpleasant and could be a b!tch for sure but not any different than Snooki or even Jenny. Had Snooki not cried like a baby and saying she would leave in season 1 or gotten pinched she could have easily been in Angelina’s situation. That and she had sidekick Jenny to be her BFF. 

Snooki married the first guy she could get to be her boyfriend and made sure to trap him with a kid. 

At at least Angelina has had relationships and didn’t trap a guy with a baby, has had serious relationships since the JS and worked as a paramedic/EMT. 

Vinny can’t keep a girl to save his life. Relationships are hard and require work but st the same time, they can be easy if you’re a decent person and not tempted by every hot chick. Good luck to any girl that gets mama’s boy, she will be married to him and his mother. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

He likes the idea of having someone at his side, growing old with them, but it's just a fantasy at this point.  He really wants to be at the club every night, get shitfaced, bring home some hot (and easy) girl, do a one night stand, and then she's gone next day.  

It's so cliche, but Ron wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants that ride-or-die chick at his side, who will take care of him and always be there for him. But he's not willing to sacrifice his partying lifestyle. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yeaaa, Ronnie has totally been talking trash about Mike to his baby mama. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually TOLD her to call him "the incarcertation". And that was pretty tacky of her to bust out with that right after meeting someone. Given the fact that she's still with Ron (as far as I can see), they're probably two peas in a pod. So I can't be fussed to have much sympathy for her. 

(Plus, she's clearly an idiot. "I'm like 80% Great Britain." What the what what?

But I was LIVING for Jenni going off on Ron. When she told him, "You will not want what YOU are in her life" (referencing his daughter), I stood up and clapped. YES. He is exactly the kind of scumbag he won't want anywhere near his daughter. But guess what? Many women subconsciously pick men that are a lot like their fathers. He needs to fucking shape up, and give his daughter a GOOD example of how men should treat women. 

But I have little hope for him. I know people can change. And Mike shocked the hell out of me. But I just can't see it with Ron. Plus, he looks like the type to be jealous of his own kid. I can totally see him giving Jen a bunch of crap for paying more attention to the baby than him. 

And Jenni was also right about Ron putting off telling the truth about French Fry. I don't, for one minute, buy that Ron is waiting for JEN'S sake. Nope. That was purely a selfish move. He doesn't want to have some big fight on camera. He's probably also hoping that if enough time passes and she's all wrapped up in the baby, that will soften the blow. But Jenni's right - it's going to be worse. Because Jen actually ASKED what happened. Simply not telling is one thing. But he outright lied now, and he's going to have to go back on that. 

Coward. 

And, Vinnie, you ain't off the hook either. You know, Vinnie was one of my favorites in the old days. But we never really got to see Vinnie in a serious relationship. This is a whole new side of him. Sure, picking up a stripper isn't as bad as going into a bathroom with some club skank, but it ain't GOOD either. 

And as much as he tries to act all superior, he was deflecting and minimizing just like Ron. He was trying to downplay it, like he just didn't think she looked like a stripper. Nah, bro, you were oogling and commenting about that chick all night. You said, "let's run away" - like you were going to flee TOGETHER. 

Plus, SAVE her? Don't make me laugh. Look, I find the sex industry appalling on many levels; and, therefore, have no part in it. But Vinnie frequents strip clubs! He participates in it! So who is he decide who is too good for such a place and who isn't??? And I'm not really sure how he's going to "save" her? Set her up in his mom's basement and feed her pasta every night? That girl probably makes more in a night than he does in a week. 

So take a seat. 

Oh, and Vinnie's mom! Wow. You can see where he gets it from. She's excusing away every thing and basically telling him to lie. Her precious baby can do no wrong. I HATE moms like that. They totally ruin their kids for whatever potential mate they'll have down the road. 

Ron and his baby mama Jen deserve each other. These people are not going to grow up. She already had a kid and acts like a 15 year old and allowed herself to get knocked up by a coke head. 

Ron can’t stand Mike, and that’s why he totally told Jen to call him the incarceration. It’s got Ron all over it and she isn’t any better  

• Love 11

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually TOLD her to call him "the incarcertation". And that was pretty tacky of her to bust out with that right after meeting someone.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Jen...other than that moment, there was no sign of a spark of...anything, personality-wise. (At least that was shown on-camera. Maybe she, Nicole and Jenni bonded over mom stuff and we didn't see it.) Watching her and Ron at dinner, it just seemed like two people figuring out what to do now that the crazy sex of the honeymoon phase has ebbed and they're realizing that there's no real "there" there, not much common ground.

I've been re-watching past seasons and DAMN, Mike has really changed. The way he treated women was gross and at times, skirted the line of date rape. I don't know if he was already under the influence of something in Miami, but the anger and aggression towards the end was scary (I forgot that he'd slapped Snooki in a club). The fact that he's turned it around to become someone that his housemates love, respect and enjoy makes me think Ron isn't beyond redemption. Mike found his rock bottom - maybe Ron realized he hit it when he fought with Jen on social media and aired their dirty laundry. 

Then again, Mike has a solid partner in Lauren, someone who knew him before his fame and who's kept him grounded and encouraged him to find his best self. Maybe Ron will find that woman who makes him want to have more in life. He's not going to find her in a night club though. 

• Love 4

That's the difference between Ron and Mike.  Both have shown themselves to have the ability to be an insufferable self-absorbed asshole.  Mike, however, hit rock bottom, found sobriety, and at least appears to try to be keeping his nose clean.  Ronnie hit rock bottom and decided to start digging. He's going to end up in jail after beating the crap out of someone - likely female - in a coked out rage.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

That's the difference between Ron and Mike.  Both have shown themselves to have the ability to be an insufferable self-absorbed asshole.  Mike, however, hit rock bottom, found sobriety, and at least appears to try to be keeping his nose clean.  Ronnie hit rock bottom and decided to start digging. He's going to end up in jail after beating the crap out of someone - likely female - in a coked out rage.

I agree that Mike has come really far and turned his life around, but he also said he gets drug tested every 10 days... so I'm sure that's helping him stay clean as well as knowing that if he drinks on tv... he's screwed. Ron is an asshole and disgusting, but he doesn't have any legal issues making him stay sober the way Mike does ( that we know of). So they're not really comparable.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Penelope5 said:

Ron and his baby mama Jen deserve each other.

And did she say she was 80% Great Britain? WTF?! Yeah, they deserve each other. I must say, though, that it was kind of awkward watching them together. They definitely don't have much chemistry - at least, that's how it appears on television.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ya know, I used to really like Vinny but he's a lot more arrogant than I remember him being at the Jersey Shore. And now that I think about it, he's always had this weird "boys are like this, girls are like that" mentality. His mother excusing his behavior doesn't help.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I agree that Mike has come really far and turned his life around, but he also said he gets drug tested every 10 days... so I'm sure that's helping him stay clean as well as knowing that if he drinks on tv... he's screwed. Ron is an asshole and disgusting, but he doesn't have any legal issues making him stay sober the way Mike does ( that we know of). So they're not really comparable.

Ron also has very clear reason to get his shit together in that he's literally going to be raising a child soon. If becoming a dad can't wake him up I shudder to think what will. Also That he's going to point that he could be removed from the cast if can't get his shit together. He's all over the place in present time. Not in the good way. 

• Love 6