Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Jersey Shore pretty much is about, but they both look so over it. Pauly looks like he enjoys himself wherever he is but isn't looking to bring back randos.

PaulyD probably isn’t cuz his last rando one-nighter , he ended up having a baby with a stranger .He has said his daughter is his world and I’d bet it wasn’t easy co-parenting at first. (Lucky for the woman, she got knocked up by a sweet multi-millionaire ? ) . PaulyD’s daughter is an adorable mini-me of him.   * Ron’s stranger baby momma is stuck with him.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DNR said:

PaulyD probably isn’t cuz his last rando one-nighter , he ended up having a baby with a stranger .He has said his daughter is his world and I’d bet it wasn’t easy co-parenting at first. (Lucky for the woman, she got knocked up by a sweet multi-millionaire ? ) . PaulyD’s daughter is an adorable mini-me of him.   * Ron’s stranger baby momma is stuck with him.

I can't feel too sorry for either Ronnie or Jen because reading the texts between them, they obviously tried to get pregnant.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

can't feel too sorry for either Ronnie or Jen because reading the texts between them, they obviously tried to get pregnant.

No way.  Hadn’t they only known each other for like 2-3 months when she got pregnant?  What ridiculous idiots. They thrive on drama. They deserve each other.  The one to feel sorry for us that poor baby. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I love learning about behind the scenes info, like finding out that Deena was supposed to be an original cast member but ultimately had to back out due to a "family situation." Had this ever been revealed before now? I'm surprised they would've cast both Snooki and Deena at the same time since they both essentially represent the same type of character. Who do we think was her replacement? Sammi displayed no distinctive personality outside of her drama with Ronnie but I feel like she would've always been cast as the "hot girl." It would be cool in a full circle kind of way if Angelina was her replacement but the brash, trashy, drama queen is always cast in these types of shows. So that leaves Jenni who is curiously the only non-Italian in the cast (Ronnie is half-Italian, right? And of course Snooki isn't Italian by birth but was raised in the culture.) Other than that, the segues to past clips were pretty cringeworthy, but the reminiscenes were nice. 

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 2

Boy, I've guilty-pleasure watched this show since its inception, but there's something so very pathetic about the cast in these last couple episodes at the quiet suburban McMansion. When they went to Headliners on that overcast afternoon, there was a shot of half of them sitting on a cheap-ass couch looking bored out of their minds. Such a money-grab and just lame to watch. Which I will still do for now, because there are those brief moments in which the guys (usually Mike) interact and say something genuinely funny.

Jewish Barbie? Yes, in that her lank hair looked like some cheap plastic mane sprouting from a head with eye shadow done in a toddler's crayon. I think the producers forgot to tell the guys that the story line for the ep was that they all found her attractive.

Have to admit I felt rather hungry watching the Friendsgiving ep, and kinda want a "Feast Mode" tee.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Yeah, I love learning about behind the scenes info, like finding out that Deena was supposed to be an original cast member but ultimately had to back out due to a "family situation." Had this ever been revealed before now? I'm surprised they would've cast both Snooki and Deena at the same time since they both essentially represent the same type of character. Who do we think was her replacement? Sammi displayed no distinctive personality outside of her drama with Ronnie but I feel like she would've always been cast as the "hot girl." It would be cool in a full circle kind of way if Angelina was her replacement but the brash, trashy, drama queen is always cast in these types of shows. So that leaves Jenni who is curiously the only non-Italian in the cast (Ronnie is half-Italian, right? And of course Snooki isn't Italian by birth but was raised in the culture.) Other than that, the segues to past clips were pretty cringeworthy, but the reminiscenes were nice. 

Deena was in a group of 12, but then dropped out before the final 8 were selected:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/three-days-life-a-drama-210816

So she searched the tristate area, boiling contenders down to a final dozen, reduced to eight the day before shooting commenced Aug. 1, 2009. (Deena Cortese, who later replaced Angelina Pivarnick, was in that first group but had to drop out because her grandmother was ill.)

• Love 2

They tried to mix clips from the reboot seasons along with the original seasons in Friendsgiving.

The reboot seasons are mostly lame, going to clubs because they're expected to do so.  I'm sure they cordon off a section for them and Nicole and Angelina dance because it's expected, but they're not really interacting with the other people there.

Not like they used to, when they got into fights.

Of course they've mellowed -- Jenny remarked how angry she used to be while watching clips which included her in the early seasons -- and there's no upside to getting into fights.

But some of those fights like when Snookie got punched probably helped boost ratings, which made JS something of a cultural phenomenon at the time.

Now the only "real" stuff involves Ron's relationship problems and Vinnie and Angelina.

Yet I find myself still watching.  Guess I need to find some other shows.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, meggonzo said:

I'm not sure why they had a talking head of Nicole saying Jewish Barbie was the hottest girl at the bar.  We have eyes, we know she's lying.

I promise you no one has ever called that woman "Jewish Barbie." 

Regarding Ronnie's potential hookup with her, I don't see why the rest of the gang was so distraught over it. Would it really matter if he hooked up with her (or anyone else)? It's not like his relationship can get much worse.

• Love 6

The Vinny /Angelina feud seems fake to me . Though I’m sure Vinny doesn’t like her cuz he does think he’s Above the rest of the cast

Watchung reruns & the reboot I’ve realized Vinny IS an asshole. 

Ha! I thought everyone was calling Vinny’s mom ‘Paula’ but it’s Paola? Makes sense given she’s Italian.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cmfran said:

I promise you no one has ever called that woman "Jewish Barbie." 

Regarding Ronnie's potential hookup with her, I don't see why the rest of the gang was so distraught over it. Would it really matter if he hooked up with her (or anyone else)? It's not like his relationship can get much worse.

Either they're bored or the producers egged them on.

She signed a release so of course they were hoping there would be a hookup.  

In the original seasons, the cast didn't care about being seen on camera hooking up with random people or even each other.  But I don't know if that's what made the show famous so much as the fighting, the wild behavior, the guido rituals (many of them just made up).

• Love 1

I’m a masochist and watched all of season 2. It was boring as hell. I’ll be shocked if they get another season but I never understand MTV’s choices so there will probably be 3 more seasons of this crap, HA.

Despite how much he’s seemingly changed I still think it’s a big problem when ‘big daddy sitch’ (cringe, cringe) is the most likable one there.

I know wondering what they did to their faces is sadly common but, seriously, what the fuck did Angelina do? It’s like she made her nose bigger and pointier?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

It was funny looking back at the old seasons during the Friendsgiving episode. Jwoww and Angelina are now totally unrecognizable. I didn't realize how thin Mike used to be.

It was funny how Deena was like "Thanks for leaving" to Angelina. I bet Angelina kicks herself in the a$$ for not staying now because of how much money she would have made.

• Love 7

Also, I’ve alway thought Mike was facially ugly, like legit 3/10 status and never understood how he got so cocky and felt like he could talk about “grenades” like he did or why so many women found him attractive. Now from seeing the flashbacks it’s obvious he’s even uglier now than he was back then, not to mention the abs are long gone. Am I crazy and blinded by his once horrible personality? Is he actually attractive facially?!

I’ve always thought Vinny was unattractive too. Ron and Pauly do nothing for me but Ron’s not ugly facially and Pauly is fairly good looking. I’m not someone who focuses on looks a ton but since that’s all “MVP” seemed to care about back in the day and it’s always struck me as crazy to hear them talk so badly about various women’s appearances when most of them are nothing special to flat out ugly, IMO. 

I actually think Angelina with her old face was the most attractive cast member, followed by Sami. Those two and Pauly were really the only conventionally attractive people on the show, IMO. Has Sami had any crazy work done? If not she’s probably now the best looking.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I’m a masochist and watched all of season 2. It was boring as hell. I’ll be shocked if they get another season but I never understand MTV’s choices so there will probably be 3 more seasons of this crap, HA.

Despite how much he’s seemingly changed I still think it’s a big problem when ‘big daddy sitch’ (cringe, cringe) is the most likable one there.

I know wondering what they did to their faces is sadly common but, seriously, what the fuck did Angelina do? It’s like she made her nose bigger and pointier?

Agreed - it seems like this "family vacation" thing will go on forever. When it debuted, my first thought was "who's gonna watch this? Nobody cares!" But sadly, I have watched all of it.

It's crazy how much work Snooki continues to get. I saw where she's now co-hosting some show about bad tattoos or something. And I'm sure Mike will get a post-prison show.

Aside from Snooki (and Pauly D), what does the rest of the cast do when they're not doing the show? I know Jenni and Deena have families, but, what the hell do Ronnie and Vinny do with their down time? Especially Ronnie. I can't really see him being employable anywhere.

• Love 7

If they didn’t blow the milli9ns they should have gotten from the original run, they should be okay.

I don’t know how often MTV airs the original eps. but those would normally get them residuals.  At least that’s how shows on broadcast networks do, but not sure about shows on cable channels, since they can run them year round, around the clock.

Of course these new shows should get them at least high 6-figures.  Or else I would think Paula wouldn’t bother since he can make more, though the new shows could help him get these high paying DJ gigs.

As long as they get a million or two viewers each week, they should be able to keep it on the air?

Not sure what the ratings are typically on cable.  But the original became a phenom when it was getting like 10 million viewers at its peak and it made the cast famous, got them on late night talk shows, etc.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2018 at 6:25 PM, Rebecca said:

Also, I’ve alway thought Mike was facially ugly, like legit 3/10 status and never understood how he got so cocky and felt like he could talk about “grenades” like he did or why so many women found him attractive. Now from seeing the flashbacks it’s obvious he’s even uglier now than he was back then, not to mention the abs are long gone. Am I crazy and blinded by his once horrible personality? Is he actually attractive facially?!

I’ve always thought Vinny was unattractive too. Ron and Pauly do nothing for me but Ron’s not ugly facially and Pauly is fairly good looking. I’m not someone who focuses on looks a ton but since that’s all “MVP” seemed to care about back in the day and it’s always struck me as crazy to hear them talk so badly about various women’s appearances when most of them are nothing special to flat out ugly, IMO. 

I actually think Angelina with her old face was the most attractive cast member, followed by Sami. Those two and Pauly were really the only conventionally attractive people on the show, IMO. Has Sami had any crazy work done? If not she’s probably now the best looking.

I find the tans and gelled hair gross, but seeing past that, I agree that Ronnie's not bad-looking and Pauly's cute. Vinny's not really ugly, average I guess. 

As for Mike, I did not find him attractive back in the day, but I think he's kind of a cutie now - he looks better with the weight on and his personality is a thousand times better, which is a huge plus.

• Love 5
On 11/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, GleamingMist said:

Sammi is the best looking one imo.  The other 4 are plastic as hell.

I think Snooki looks good. JWoww looks better when she doesn't overdo it with the makeup - she's more natural on the show but when she's photographed at an event she often looks plastic.

Okay, I said it before with the Vanderpump rules Vegas pregnancy scare. If you know you are hot using protection or are trying like Snooki to get preggo STOP DRINKING. Those tests are not foolproof and you could still be preggo.

If I were puking or having stomach issues and the possibility of being preggo was there i would not take another sip until i saw from a dr not preggo

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Rebecca said:

I agreed that Angelina with her old face was the most attractive, but her bad attitude didn't help her at all.  Sammi still looks recognizable, so I don't think she's had any crazy plastic surgery.

This show has really jumped the shark.  The only drama comes from Ron. Actually, the original series had mostly drama from Ron/Sam.  The first year, it was so different, so that also carried it along.  But when shows have to change locales, you know it's getting a bit stale.  I still think they maybe should have had some sort of rotating cast.  Maybe keep half and bring in half new, then vice versa.  

• Love 4

Jenni says she’s going lesbian and has been telling Nicole repeatedly that she’s going to divorce.

They don’t get into why.

probably a good idea not to put out the dirty laundry as Ron unfortunately has.

Angelina doesn’t sound too satisfied with the fiancé in many ways.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, meggonzo said:

I'm surprised there are so many episodes in this season.  Nothing is happening and everything seems so staged.  Although I do think Ron was up all night because he was doing coke in the bathroom.

It was obvious the kidnapping was set up....the cameraperson was INSIDE Deena's townhouse when Vinny (who was in the front of the pack) rushed in.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I agreed that Angelina with her old face was the most attractive, but her bad attitude didn't help her at all.  Sammi still looks recognizable, so I don't think she's had any crazy plastic surgery.

This show has really jumped the shark.  The only drama comes from Ron. Actually, the original series had mostly drama from Ron/Sam.  The first year, it was so different, so that also carried it along.  But when shows have to change locales, you know it's getting a bit stale.  I still think they maybe should have had some sort of rotating cast.  Maybe keep half and bring in half new, then vice versa.  

I think their best bet is to add Jen as a cast member at this point. She should be getting a paycheck since she's pretty much the main storyline of the show.

I don't think the show would do great with another cast because I think it was a one and done type situation and people enjoy watching them. But yea, Ron is the only one providing anything. They really need to take advantage of Pauly and Vinny being single. I'm not saying sleep with people you don't want to sleep with, but at least have random girls come back to the house the way they used to and work off that.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 3

I just watched the Friendsgiving episode. So funny that the guys basically all look exactly the same aside from mikes weight gain. The girls are seriously unrecognizable. Angelina needs to go. She's annoying and a hanger oner. She adds nothing and tries way too hard. Loved that vinnys mom called jenni out about what a snot she was and Jennie was genuinely embarrassed. 

• Love 1

Hmm some unresolved anger for Jenn and Ron?

Guy was just hanging around where they filmed, probably trying to get a reaction and got it.  Obviously he wanted to be filmed since he signed a release.

They milked it for most of the episode like it was going t9 be some big brawl.  But they had gobs of security around and probably knew they were going to prevent a lot of physical contact, though Angelina throws a chair.

Earlier they were joking about how they had gotten old and boring, settling for gorging on food and when they used to party heavily, have dance battles and get into real brawls.

• Love 1

I think that guy was paid to create drama since there is none anywhere else. He just so happens to be in the same place as them two nights in a row.. and he just so happens to be able to come up to them every 2 minutes when in reality, security doesn't let you anywhere near them when filming. But man, that guy was an idiot for wanting what he was saying to be on tv. Why do people think appearing on reality shows and saying dumb things is going to improve their lives?

I know this show is all staged, but i'll give them that it's still entertaining nonetheless. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Kathy said:

They really don't have anything interesting to film anymore.  This ''fight'' seemed totally staged.  Is Vinny gay?  He needs to come out already.

My friend thinks Pauly is gay and I can’t say I disagree . 

• Love 2

Just got around to last week's ep. My DVR somehow missed the ep where Deena was "kidnapped," but I was able to catch up pretty fast. I agree that the fight was likely staged, especially since the jerk's "friend" they talked to the second night was wearing the same shirt in both appearances. Both scenes shot in the same night, perhaps? Fake or not, I would not want to fight Ronnie. He's a hothead with anger issues, and he's doesn't care if he goes to jail. 

Edited by cmfran
misspelling
  • Love 3

Renewed for third season.

Mike will be in prison, Deena is having a baby and Snooki is pregnant -- what the hell are they going to film? Jenni's marriage counseling sessions? Ron's 159th overwrought phone call with the psycho baby mama? Angelina jubilantly accepting Vinnie's challenge to literally eat his shit in a bid to outdo her dirty self for more camera time? How captivating... 

• Love 4

These two just suck. Stop with the bullshit and quit being embarrassing to the whole world. If you can't grow the fuck up and stop acting like fucking turds then stay away from each other and have someone pick up the kid for you. Childish mfs both of them. 

• Love 2

Here's another article, with a lengthy quote from Roger.  Looks like some of it involves her wanting to do TV while he may be against her working in general.

In his emotional Instagram videos, Mathews accused his wife of using their children as “pawns” and claimed Farley agreed to discuss their divorce on the upcoming season of Jersey Shore for an additional sum of money. (MTV did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.)

“She’s made my children pawns in this — literally made them pawns, something I would never do to her, ever,” he said. “I have no choice but to just be honest and open. I got nothing to lose, I got nothing to hide. You’re gonna see about our divorce on Jersey Shore, you know why? Because my wife told me — my ex-wife told me — when we were in counseling that she’s negotiating a side-deal. I think she said she wanted $70,000 … to talk about our divorce on the upcoming season. Everything is about money with her. All I want is time with my children, that’s all I want.”

“My ex cannot control her emotions in front of our children and literally turns my child against me,” he continued, crying. “My daughter, the look in her eyes. … Because her mother can’t wait until they go to sleep to have a disagreement. She has to do it in front of them … the misunderstanding she had towards her dad, and hitting me in the butt because I upset her mother, because her mother can’t control her emotions.”

https://people.com/tv/jenni-jwoww-farley-husband-roger-mathews-restraining-order/

• Love 1