Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Loved Vinny mikes and even paulys reaction to how unbelievably stupid Ronnie is. Yeah it was an accident. He certainly doesn't want what is best for his daughter if he could stay with her dangerous nutjob of a mother after all of that. Why didn't Roger and jionni show up if everyone else had their significant others at the party and or in ac? Do Nicole and Jenni not hang out anymore? Nicole's daughter didn't seem to want Anything to do with "aunt Jenni" and supposedly she sees her alot. 

• Love 2

I haven’t checked the Shore Store’s website yet (don’t judge! Maybe we can get a group discount!), but I would seriously wear a t-shirt with either the Pauly D sticker logo on it, one with the hair gel “doll” that Vinny carried with him in Vegas or one that reads “Living My Best Life” because Mike 2.0 is the best.

• Love 2

Has anyone noticed how in the last couple episodes, Mike has been randomly adding an "s" to the end of words? It's so weird. Is it some inside joke we aren't aware of?

I've been joking with my wife that I want a "Living My Best Life" hat to wear when I'm eating a big meal.

• Love 1

Vinny & Mike's faces and commentary as Ron explained the car dragging "accident" was hilarious.   Vinny wasn't even trying to have a fake face, he just was all "you're crazy and WTF."

Then Vinny almost laughing at Ron at the  restaurant when he said Jenn was going to come. "I've always wanted to be on TMZ!" Vinny's the best with this whole Ronnie relationship.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Ronnie sounded like an abused person who covers for their abuser with his excuses and ‘it was an accident’ shit. 

Ronnie loves nothing more than when people feel sorry for him. Jen is the perfect partner for that. 

• Love 17
On 10/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mannahatta said:

That wedding registry eliminated any feelings of romance I had about their wedding. LOL Not that they would care, but it's a pet peeve of mine when engaged people register for huge quantities of overpriced cooking and dining items. How much formal entertaining do they plan on doing? They probably won't use most of it on a regular basis - if at all. And why load yourselves down with a shitload of stuff when you're just starting out as a couple?  I mean, I know Mike likes to eat but do they really need a $380 dutch oven? A $600 mixer? A $699.99 blender? (Okay, it's on  special for $549.99 - but still.) All of which makes me think they also plan to spend quite a bit on the wedding. If they're thinking the Jersey Shore money is going to be around forever, then Mike didn't learn much from his previous spending sprees. And if they actually do use all the stuff they're asking for on the regular, then Mike must be planning on turning himself into a perfect human sphere. Oh well.....Rant over. I'll just go back to minding my own business. LOL

This is a pretty standard wedding registry practice. People register for gifts with a wide range of price points so friends/family will have a choice in how much they'd like to spend. It's not about "need." And I'm sure Sitch has some friends with money (like the rest of the cast, for example) that will want to buy them something extravagant. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, cmfran said:

This is a pretty standard wedding registry practice. People register for gifts with a wide range of price points so friends/family will have a choice in how much they'd like to spend. It's not about "need." And I'm sure Sitch has some friends with money (like the rest of the cast, for example) that will want to buy them something extravagant. 

I’d agree this is pretty standard.  I can also see Mike using a fair amount the items and also offering to do entertaining for friends and family a lot.  He’s always shown cooking from Day 1 of Jersey Shore, and he appears to be able to put out quite the spread.  Even before he became Mike 2.0 the foodie.

• Love 6
On 10/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, dangwoodchucks said:

Deena and Chris are cute together. Angelina and her Chris, not so much. It’s odd but I didn’t hear anyone ask why Roger didn’t come with Jenni.

I wish they wouldn’t use the flashbacks, Jenni and Mike are practically unrecognizable from how they look now.

Deena and Chris are indeed cute together. The gender reveal party was fun and they seem so happy, good for her!

The editing sure made it look like Angelina is the one who instigates most of the bickering. Sometimes you just got to let things go. Overall Angelina's Chris seemed like an okay guy.

I'm kind of fascinated by the flashbacks, especially the difference in JWoww. I think she looks good now, but I think she was very cute back then as well. At least the work she had done has settled, because she was looking kind of plastic for awhile. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:29 AM, cmfran said:

Has anyone noticed how in the last couple episodes, Mike has been randomly adding an "s" to the end of words? It's so weird. Is it some inside joke we aren't aware of?

I don't know when that started but I love it. Mike is just the best now, he and JWoww are my favorites.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, cmfran said:

He's always done it, but it's picked up quite a bit lately.  But they've joked about it off and on since Miami. 

I can't stop laughing every time Mike goes running when the police siren goes off.  And then Pauly says he looks like Forrest Gump did me in.  "Jenny, Laurens".  Also liked Jenny walking right past Ron because she didn't even recognize him.  

• Love 3
On 10/22/2018 at 1:58 PM, meggonzo said:

I think they knew Ron would show up for the gender reveal party.  Otherwise, wouldn't Sammi be there since she and Deena are still good friends?

Sammi's probably avoiding the cameras altogether now. I don't think she wants anything to do with the show, especially if there is a chance Ronnie will show up.

• Love 4

So now the douche is posting a picture of his black eye with some kind of apology to his friends and family. Like mf quit sharing shit online, grow the fuck up and get away from the crazy drugged up bitch.  I swear. 

• Love 3

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/10/24/here-they-go-again-jersey-shore-star-ronnie-ortiz-magro-blames-black-eye-on-jen-harley-she-responds-by-calling-him-a-drug-addict/

Just saw this news story.  He's taken down the post, but yeah anything you put on the internet is out there forever.  

Are ratings down?  I think Jen is going to be on the upcoming show, so those of us who are a tad cynical might say this was a ratings ploy.....

It'll be the same old thing with them.  Fight, honeymoon phase, fight...…..

• Love 1

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ronnie-ortiz-magro-posts-black-eye-pic-seemingly-implies-gf-jen-hit-him/

Ronnie is really a publicity whore. Doesn’t care that it’s negative. Why not keep it private ? All this insanity will be on the internet Foreverrrrrrrrrrr for his daughter to see .Trouble in Paradise x 9872 and counting . 

Seperate and co-parent with 3rd party drop offs. Sickening for that little girl . 

This is why ya don’t knock up / get knocked up by A STRANGER. 

• Love 6
On 10/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Gothish520 said:

Sammi's probably avoiding the cameras altogether now. I don't think she wants anything to do with the show, especially if there is a chance Ronnie will show up.

It has to take a lot of maturity and restraint from her choosing not to get all that money handed to her . 

• Love 10

Why can’t anyone see how terrible Ronnie is? I don’t believe anything he says after seeing him lecture Jen and get very dramatic in the club for literally no reason. All I’m seeing on Twitter is people saying Ron is abused and Jen is crazy. Exactly what he wants everyone to think. Does everyone really think he’s innocent?? 

• Love 5

Episode 9 season 2 they show in the previews for the following week of Jwoww arguing with some guy. Then outside it looks Iike Jwoww and Angelina are in a huge fight with another woman and someone holding Angelina back. But they never show this fight in episode 10 or 11 or mention it again. What happen , where did it go? I even tried to google it to see if there was a feed about. 

On 10/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

He's always done it, but it's picked up quite a bit lately.  But they've joked about it off and on since Miami. 

I can't stop laughing every time Mike goes running when the police siren goes off.  And then Pauly says he looks like Forrest Gump did me in.  "Jenny, Laurens".  Also liked Jenny walking right past Ron because she didn't even recognize him.  

On 10/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

• Love 1
On 10/2/2018 at 8:45 AM, Lusterleaf said:

I think because they all pretty much acted like they didn't want Angelina there when they found out she was coming... but seems like they keep in touch in real life.

She doesn't even really hate her anymore they talk and sit together and seem to get along fine. Jwoww over dramatizes things anyway. Like when her and Snooki were driving talking to each other and after they hang up Snooki says "dramatic"

On 10/19/2018 at 9:05 AM, snarts said:

Last night was the first episode since they came back that I truly enjoyed.  The seven on their own are no longer comedy gold.  They're adults, they have responsibilities, significant others, and in PaulyD's case, a job.  I liked seeing them get together with their families.  I wish Roger & Jioni had been there as well.  

My suggestion would be a big Summer share house. They could come out on weekends with their families.  They would still drink and like fools, but it would feel more authentic then putting them in a hotel with nothing to do but drink.  Heck, Sam might even make an appearance if she could bring her boyfriend. 

• Love 1

Pauly and Vinny don't look like they want to go to clubs and pick up grubby famewhores anymore. They know they have to because they can't not pick up girls at the club since that's what Jersey Shore pretty much is about, but they both look so over it. Pauly looks like he enjoys himself wherever he is but isn't looking to bring back randos. Just wants to DJ and get money.. and Vinny just wants to collect the paycheck. I can't blame them though.. when you're in your 30's (and Pauly's almost 40), picking up girls/guys at clubs isn't as fun anymore. I don't mind watching them just joking around all episode instead.

• Love 8

Jenny diagnosed Angelinas daddy issues right away, suspected that Angelina fears being alone.

she also concluded that Ronny can’t leave his baby momma any more than he could quit Sammy.

Often people who’ve gone thru therapy are able to see emotional issues in other people.

• Love 2

What I don't get with the registry though is that Mike is in his mid 30s and he and Lauren have clearly lived together for a while.  What are they using to cook with now?  What are they eating off of and drinking from?  I don't think it's so weird to register for a whole bunch of kitchen stuff when you're getting married if you are just starting out, but, when you've been on a few different tv shows and have lived on your own for a while, then I'd think maybe you don't need someone else to buy you plates.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, gfrazer71 said:

Episode 9 season 2 they show in the previews for the following week of Jwoww arguing with some guy. Then outside it looks Iike Jwoww and Angelina are in a huge fight with another woman and someone holding Angelina back. But they never show this fight in episode 10 or 11 or mention it again. What happen , where did it go? I even tried to google it to see if there was a feed about. 

I thought that was a preview for the rest of the season, not necessarily the next episode.

Just watched the latest episode and have come to realize I can't stand that knock-kneed, pigeon-toed, spiritually enlightened, douche bag. WTF is it with him ending all his words with an "s" sound? He's like a 7 year old who just learned the "f" word and uses it constantly. He's truly a simpleton and he's ruining the show for me.

• Love 1

The blender is a Vitamix, which if you use a blender a lot, is the only way to go.  It has a lifetime warranty.  Anything goes wrong, they'll fix it or replace.  It can do a lot of things, not just blend.

The mixer is a KitchenAid, which again is the best around.  People buy those for a lifetime, and even gift to their children once they pass away.  All of the attachments you buy - they will always fit any model of the stand mixer.   There is a wide assortment of attachments - peelers, spiralizers, meat grinders, etc, so it's not merely a stand mixer.

The Dutch oven and the other similar pan are by Le Cruset.  If you are a serious cook (Mike seems to like to cook a lot), then it makes sense.  Those are also lifetime investments.  

I've had a couple of crappy blenders, and I have a Ninja now, which is ok, but I sort of wished I had held out for the Vitamix.   

It's basically asking for quality items rather than crap that you will have to replace later.  Plus, they had a wide range of items on the registry.  You register for what you'd like - a wish list.  It's no guarantee that you'll get everything, but why not list it?  They had stuff as low as $7.95.  The other people in the cast who make big bucks, plus maybe people with the network or the show who make bank, may want to spend something more than the average friend.  With all of the gadgets they had listed, someone could easily get several and put in a basket or something.  I didn't find it outrageous, to be honest.  

• Love 7

I think Mike quashed any bad feelings towards Angelina in Miami.  It was maybe that she wasn't exactly his favorite or perhaps he didn't want any more drama in Vegas (when she showed up to season 2).  I don't think he's gone out of his way to pick any fights with anyone now.

I didn't see what Ron said to Jen in the club.  I read that he said she needed to lay off the shots, as she was getting drunk (which is why they go to the clubs - with the exception of Deena and Mike).  Next thing I saw is Jen saying I want to leave NOW.  I was half watching, so I wasn't sure where that came from exactly.  Probably shit that happened behind the scenes added to it, who knows?  I think Jen has major anger issues, as does Ron; both also may have substance abuse issues.

Right now, Pauly is happy making bank from his regular job.  He sure knew how to use the show as a launching pad.  Deena seems very happy; I don't think she craves the spotlight now like the others do.  She seems happy to live in her townhouse with her hubs and new baby.  Mike, I think will be ok, too.  The rest - not sure.

• Love 3
On 10/25/2018 at 9:45 PM, ghertigirl said:

I think I missed the explanation but why isn’t Snooki in Atlantic City with them?

On 10/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, Decider said:

She had to attend a wedding -- she was the matron of honor.

Even with the ridiculous Ron & Jen drama, the last two episodes were so much better without Snooki. 

I’d rather watch Stupid Ron and Crazy Jen fight over nothing while drunk at a club than listen to Snooki scream every 5 seconds and call everyone “bitch.” (I still don’t get that. When did “bitch” become a term of endearment?)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 2

@hoosier80 totally agree.  It’s also their first wedding, why not register for what you want?  They may should be “set up,” but it’s not out of this world to register for gifts.  It’s traditional.  When I registered at 2 places (Marshall Fields RIP & Target), we went all out knowing we wouldn’t get everything but at the same time our advisor told us just do it.  Long story short,  my wedding never happened, my fiancé died 2 months before our wedding.  My uncle insisted on buying me the Kitchenaid mixer.  And then told me to keep it because it was #1 on my list, the thing I wanted most.  Not all registers are a gift grab.  I had the best time shopping and scanning gifts for our register with my guy.  It was a fun time, and something that most couples do.  I am kind of tired of people being judged for registry. Like my grandma always told me, I would rather buy you something you want (want not need) than give you money because I know it will just go to pay your bills and that’s not a gift.  There’s a difference, and I still live by that to this day.  Gifts are not needs, they are fun.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 4

The guys only segments were fun.  Angelina’s Chris seemed funny and kind of humanized her to me.  I think Jenni was going thru a tough time at home, as evidenced by the recent separation.  They still all crack me up, and are way more relatable to me than any of the other “reality” programming on MTV.  Looking at you pushing 30’s “teen moms.”

• Love 4
On 10/28/2018 at 12:28 AM, hoosier80 said:

The blender is a Vitamix, which if you use a blender a lot, is the only way to go.  It has a lifetime warranty.  Anything goes wrong, they'll fix it or replace.  It can do a lot of things, not just blend.

The mixer is a KitchenAid, which again is the best around.  People buy those for a lifetime, and even gift to their children once they pass away.  All of the attachments you buy - they will always fit any model of the stand mixer.   There is a wide assortment of attachments - peelers, spiralizers, meat grinders, etc, so it's not merely a stand mixer.

The Dutch oven and the other similar pan are by Le Cruset.  If you are a serious cook (Mike seems to like to cook a lot), then it makes sense.  Those are also lifetime investments.  

I've had a couple of crappy blenders, and I have a Ninja now, which is ok, but I sort of wished I had held out for the Vitamix.   

It's basically asking for quality items rather than crap that you will have to replace later.  Plus, they had a wide range of items on the registry.  You register for what you'd like - a wish list.  It's no guarantee that you'll get everything, but why not list it?  They had stuff as low as $7.95.  The other people in the cast who make big bucks, plus maybe people with the network or the show who make bank, may want to spend something more than the average friend.  With all of the gadgets they had listed, someone could easily get several and put in a basket or something.  I didn't find it outrageous, to be honest.  

Yeah, I'm seriously not seeing the hate. A Kitchenaid Mixer is one of the most common registry items, and I regret not registering for a Le Cruset. I also registered for AllClad pots and pans, though...

...and they were worth it. 

I just got married at 33. By that time, you probably have had cheaper stuff and know it doesn't last. I know I did. 

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, hoosier80 said:

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/10/24/here-they-go-again-jersey-shore-star-ronnie-ortiz-magro-blames-black-eye-on-jen-harley-she-responds-by-calling-him-a-drug-addict/

Just saw this news story.  He's taken down the post, but yeah anything you put on the internet is out there forever.  

Are ratings down?  I think Jen is going to be on the upcoming show, so those of us who are a tad cynical might say this was a ratings ploy.....

It'll be the same old thing with them.  Fight, honeymoon phase, fight...…..

Normally I would agree about it being a ratings ploy but I really do think Ronnie and Jen are this messy.  Roid rage mixed with drugs mixed with anger management issues mixed with famewhore-ness really does result in what we are seeing.  I don't think they are putting on an act but really are truly this way.  This is their reality day in and day out.  The only one I feel sorry for is the baby.  

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, Peper81 said:

Normally I would agree about it being a ratings ploy but I really do think Ronnie and Jen are this messy.  Roid rage mixed with drugs mixed with anger management issues mixed with famewhore-ness really does result in what we are seeing.  I don't think they are putting on an act but really are truly this way.  This is their reality day in and day out.  The only one I feel sorry for is the baby.  

Couldn’t agree more. And neither of them are clever enough to set up drama simply for ratings even with producer help. I do think that Jen likes to allude to that idea whenever they sober up after they completely embarrass themselves. She will “like” social media posts that make this contention fueling her followers belief that she’s just some genius actress playing a role (geeyad why do I know these things lol). She’s the worst kind of person but her “fans” are just as bad. The way people will fawn over her and make her life their #goals makes me weep for humanity. Ronnie is awful too.. worse even. I can’t buy him as the battered spouse who is too afraid to walk away because he’s just as abusive and was with Sammi as well.

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 3

Did anyone watch the old episodes from the original first season that came on right after the new show last night? It looked like they did some sort of special effect to the video to make it look like an old home movie.  It was kind if wobbly.  Did anyone notice?  I don't think the original episodes looked like that.  It was kind of odd.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, geauxaway said:

Long story short,  my wedding never happened, my fiancé died 2 months before our wedding.  

Like my grandma always told me, I would rather buy you something you want (want not need) than give you money because I know it will just go to pay your bills and that’s not a gift.  There’s a difference, and I still live by that to this day.  Gifts are not needs, they are fun.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry geauxaway!  How sad.  

And your second statement is something my dad always stood by.  He said, "I want to get you something you want, not need.  Something you probably won't buy for yourself because you don't need it."  And his gifts were always based on that.

I'm overjoyed that they got married yesterday.  They both looked great and you can just see the love and respect between them. I'm proud of the guy.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, rogar6 said:

Just watched the latest episode and have come to realize I can't stand that knock-kneed, pigeon-toed, spiritually enlightened, douche bag. WTF is it with him ending all his words with an "s" sound? He's like a 7 year old who just learned the "f" word and uses it constantly. He's truly a simpleton and he's ruining the show for me.

That's a shame.  I don't care for Angelina or Ronnie at times, but no one ruins the show that much for me.  There's always the option to not watch.  

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Talky Tina said:

One thing I don't understand about situations like Mike's. I would want to turn myself in and get it over with as quickly as possible. It sounds like he might be waiting for the full 60 days before he goes in. 

I'm assuming with the wedding and holidays coming up, he's waiting for those to be over.  I think I saw a headline the other day that he'll start in January, so that would make sense if he's waiting for the holidays to be over.  I'd do the same, especially your first Christmas as a married couple.  

ETA: Was surprised Ronnie served as best man.  Maybe he did it to mend that relationship and build Ronnie up?

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 5

Angelina is crazy.  Although I'm guessing she's just pushing buttons to create drama so they film another season.

On next week's preview, Ronnie brings home a girl from the bar.  So there will probably be a new Ron/Jen fight in the news tomorrow morning?

• Love 3

“I’m dead inside but I’m getting really emotional” (about meeting with Mike’s rehab support group)

Is she being sardonic or revealing something about the way she sees herself?

• Love 1