Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was sad to hear this too!  I love Roger and his total gives-zero-fucks attitude.  I thought they were a well matched couple.

He said they're in counseling so I am crossing my fingers they work it out. 

Jenni's filing said this has been declining for the last 6 months?  How long has she been doing the show stuff?  Wonder if that played a role in it...Roger posted on Sammi's IG the only reason he could see to do it was the $$ so maybe he was secretly resentful of Jenni being away? Who knows.

• Love 4

6 months would track with when she went back to the show.  And I did notice on this weeks episode she was not wearing her wedding rings in both the show footage and the confessional footage.  I’d have to go back and don’t have any of the precious episodes saved to see if she was ever wearing it.  

The news made me sad, I always thought they were a good match and found each other at just the right times in their lives, the tail end of their shore clubbing days.  

• Love 4
On 9/26/2018 at 7:06 AM, metalchik said:

If it makes you feel any better I'm 49 and I watch this stuff - along with Vanderpump Rules (my FAVORITE!), Shahs of Sunset and both Below Deck's!

50+ here,  and I watch this as well as Alaskan Bush People, Sister Wives and Miz & Mrs. - I also used to watch Mob Wives and Donnie Loves Jenny. Sometimes there's just nothing like some trashy "reality" TV!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

It's def scripted. I just saw all over IG they posted about Mike and Laurens wedding shower- Angelina and her fiancee were there. So much for hating the dirty little hamster lol.

I think Jenni is the only one that really hates Angelina, so I'm not sure how this would prove that the show is scripted?  I'm not saying that it isn't scripted, I just don't think this would prove it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, meggonzo said:

I think Jenni is the only one that really hates Angelina, so I'm not sure how this would prove that the show is scripted?  I'm not saying that it isn't scripted, I just don't think this would prove it.

I think because they all pretty much acted like they didn't want Angelina there when they found out she was coming... but seems like they keep in touch in real life.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, Lusterleaf said:

I think because they all pretty much acted like they didn't want Angelina there when they found out she was coming... but seems like they keep in touch in real life.

Mike and Snooki have been easily the most open to her now so that doesn't prove anything. I do think in Vinny's case and some of the others, they play it up. But, it's really not that different than Deena. They both treat them like the annoying little sisters most of the time. Not much if any real hate.

I jumped through a bunch of this episode but I can't I didnt enjoy some of the flashbacks. I wish Sami could swing through knowing Ronnie is out the picture.

Damn, they way they look from then to now. My how time flies and plastic surgery fucks things up.

• Love 5

Of course it’s scripted.  These people are showing up for big paychecks.  All the cast members have nice European cars and designer luggage except Angelina — remember when they carried their stuff in garbage bags?

Otherwise several of them have families and nice homes so they wouldn’t be renting some rickety summer rental to spend time together, away from their families.

They all talk about their memories there but they were filming a TV show.

There was some sociological value to the show, with them playing up the guido culture.  I think a couple of them had been on some MTV documentary about the subculture of the working class young adults partying in Jersey and Staten Island, with things like the goofy hairstyles.

They were willing to let themselves be filmed drunk, trawling for hook ups, etc.  they got into the spirit of it, creating rituals like GTL for the crews to film.  In a sense they drove a lot of the way the story would be shaped, which was a refreshing departure from other reality TV.

Now they talk up how they’re a family, how close they are from going through the experience the first time.  If they’re faking about liking to hang out together, they’re doing a good job.  In Miami, there was some mild hostility in the way Ronnie mocked Mike’s legal troubles — riffing on how Mike’s nickname should be the Incarceration.

But Ronnie seemed to be buoyed by the guys night, at least for the moment.

• Love 3

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.  I know how Federal sentencing is calculated so I figured he'd do some time.  It IS a shame though; it seems like he really turned his life around.  Hopefully he stays positive, does his time, and gets out unscathed.  

Edited by ccphilly
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ccphilly said:

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.   

This makes me feel better.  I'm a recovering addict and my boyfriend has 9 years sober from alcohol and we were talking about it.  He goes to AA and works the program and he said he should be ok with it with the coping tools he gets.  You're taught to accept what is handed down.  Getting sober doesn't mean you're consequence free from your actions in the past.  You're just now able to accept it and cope with it. 

• Love 4

I think in the original shows, some of the time they were so drunk or high, that they lost any restraint of trying to show their "good" sides only, so it was more real.  Certainly some of the fights were not scripted (the bar fights and the Sam/Ron drama).  

It's so boring now.  Going back to the original shore house was a nice trip down memory lane, but that's all it was.  They came in with no spouses, girlfriends, kids, or images to maintain.   Angelina S1 had a boyfriend, which is her reason/excuse why she left early (tbh didn't seem much of a relationship).   

• Love 1

Is the prison more like what Martha Stewart went to?  If so, I would think Mike can get through it ok.  Made me sad, because he's come a long way from where he was a couple of years ago.

I was also thinking how I would rather associate with Mike than Ron, even with him being a convicted felon.  Ron is just so angry, has really deep issues.  I could see Ron being secretly happy at the verdict.  He always has seemed jealous of Mike.

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 5

The big fight shows were on again last evening/early morning.  It started with Ron being pissed off at Sam, but he wouldn't tell her why he was so upset.  She kept asking, which an older and wiser Sam might have backed off, but all she did was ask what did I do?  He kept saying he wanted to be left alone, but not to her - to the camera.  He went from pouting in his bed, to getting angry, as she just asked, so do you not want to be with me?  Answer me what do you want?  (Again, maybe not the correct time to ask, but totally not an unreasonable question).  It just kept escalating, where I think perhaps a more mature person would have walked away.  The thing that struck me was how Sam kept asking what did I do, what did I do now - as in he'd told her before she did this or that that made him all pissed off.  

Then he said at some point she drove him to cheat on her in Miami.  Typical blaming the victim shit from an abuser.  After coming back from the club, where Sam dared to dance with some hot guys, Ron said he at least had the decency to cheat on her while she wasn't around or there.  Say what?  He was decent with his cheating.  I think if you're going to do something, being upfront about it is more honest and truthful.  The other girls egged her on, too.  They could have said, let's just chill at home, let him act the fool tonight.  Plus, tell her - do NOT be with him.  He is not good for you!  (Now they're saying the fault with Ron's current 'troubles' is all his "crazy" GF Jen.  Not saying she's not crazy, but he bring a boatload of crazy along with him).  The Ron worship, he's really a good guy - how do these girls/women still say that?  Even Mike, in his boozing/drug addled state, knew enough to say what Ron did was wrong.  He then backtracked on it to Ron as he didn't want a full blown fight, as Ron was all amped to fight him.  

• Love 4

Call me cynical, but I'm wondering if this wasn't some sort of PR stunt.  Jenni has no storyline, except her yelling at Ron, fake fighting with Snooki over Angelina, and being po'd at Angelina for heaven knows what.  (And I'm sure Angelina posted that Jersey Whore image on Twitter just to have a storyline for herself).

• Love 2

I noticed that in the first season Jenni wasn't really drinking and then she has been drinking up a storm and getting fucked up. It just seems Jenni is going through some shit with herself or something, she just looks checked out on life in general during their dinner before they went back to the shore.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Is the prison more like what Martha Stewart went to?  If so, I would think Mike can get through it ok.  Made me sad, because he's come a long way from where he was a couple of years ago.

I don't know where they're going to send him, but he was convicted of a white collar crime, not a violent one.  Between that and the fact that the system may consider him a "celebrity", the safe money is Mike getting the Martha Stewart treatment.  I'm in Federal law enforcement and I'm ok with his sentence.  He seems to be very remorseful and is willing to accept his punishment.  

FYI-I always HATED Mike.  I thought he was a woman- hater and had no respect for anyone.  After watching him on the reunion, he seemed to have changed his tune.  I hope he can serve his  time and get his life on track.  He seems to be on the right path.  

• Love 5

I think they should ditch Angelina. She's uncomfortable to watch because she's such a try hard and she jsit doesnt fit in. Deena is so insecure and needy. She feels competition from Angelina. I'll give her a break cuz she's preggers but she really doesn't fit in either. She does seem sweet tho. I miss Sam and wish she was back since Ron isn't there. I love Pauly and Vinny together. Love Mike eating everything in sight. 

• Love 5

Agreed that Angelina is trying way too hard but I guess she feels like she needs to bring the crazy to keep her spot on the show .. but she really needs to dial it down . I know people don't think Deena is good on the show but I don't mind her . Seems sweet .. just surprised out of all choices , she's the one they cast after the show had already been a hit . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 6

I watched a few episodes last night too and I think Ron's actual quote was "I had a reason to cheat on you in Miami". And the supposed reason was that Sam got another guy's number, which she may not have even used. Plus screaming at her that he was going to bring home girls that night, I don't blame her for going to the club and having a good time. 

• Love 4

Situation sentenced to 8 months.  His brother to 2 years.

He has a lot of community service after he serves his sentence.

He’s paid $123k in restitution and has to pay fines.

https://www.eonline.com/news/974526/mike-the-situation-sorrentino-speaks-out-after-prison-sentencing

The Sorrentino brothers are accused of underreporting income from 2009 to 2012, during which time they’re estimated to have made almost $9 million from appearances and other non TV show income.  They were paid in cash and apparently set up bus8ness accounts and tried to hide income by making deposits just under $10k.

Mike did not even file an income tax return in 2011.

All the JS cast appeared for the sentencing.  They released pictures on social media.  He has 30-60 days to surrender to serve his sentence.  He plans to get married before going to prison to serve his sentence.

So they’re probably filming this sentencing and the wedding for next season.

I guess ratings are good enough and the cast including Mike expect to continue making good TV money for at least a couple more seasons?  Mike may have agreed to this sentence to get past it and be available to film next year.

If he saved any of that money he should be in okay shape financially.  They may not have to work except Pauley since he’s making big money from DJing.  Oh and Snookie is doing that dumb tattoo show.

Happy to see justice done - hoping he has to serve most of his time (and isn't released super early).  Wish the fines had been worse; but he probably blew through all the extra cash either way.

I feel bad for Roger. He seems Like a nice regialr guy who works a normal job and isn't a famewhore shilling on Instagram. I feel terrible for their kids. If there was no infidelity on either side I just don't really understand why she filed for divorce. I think maybe her head got too big since jersey shore was renewed or something. Roger always seemed like a stand up guy. Jenni just seems off. Talking to Jen behind Ronnie's back while preaching "family" first in her stand against Angelina. Being hurt and upset with everyone over not participating in a mother's day video.. 

• Love 6
On 10/5/2018 at 7:02 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Agreed that Angelina is trying way too hard but I guess she feels like she needs to bring the crazy to keep her spot on the show .. but she really needs to dial it down . I know people don't think Deena is good on the show but I don't mind her . Seems sweet .. just surprised out of all choices , she's the one they cast after the show had already been a hit . 

I actually always liked Deena and feel like she fit in fine with the cast since she took Angelina’s place (can’t speak for the newer seasons, as I haven’t seen them). She brought the drunken, trashy crazy but was sweet. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, kira28 said:

I feel bad for Roger. He seems Like a nice regialr guy who works a normal job and isn't a famewhore shilling on Instagram. I feel terrible for their kids. If there was no infidelity on either side I just don't really understand why she filed for divorce. I think maybe her head got too big since jersey shore was renewed or something. Roger always seemed like a stand up guy. Jenni just seems off. Talking to Jen behind Ronnie's back while preaching "family" first in her stand against Angelina. Being hurt and upset with everyone over not participating in a mother's day video.. 

People divorce for reasons other then infidelity. Maybe they are fighting over finances, even though they are basically set, maybe they grew apart, maybe they’ve become incompatible, or were always incompatible and now that the honeymoon period has worn off, it’s become obvious. On another message board someone pointed out that both Jenni and Roger are dominant people, in their own ways, and maybe that means neither wanted to ever give an inch which caused marital strife . It’s hard to say, but I’d assume there is more going on then meets the eye. I think in that video statement Roger put out, he seemed to take his share of the blame for everything and said he didn’t blame Jenni.

They are in therapy, so hopefully they can work things out, even if that means getting an amicable divorce and learning to co-parent well. Divorce doesn’t have to be terrible for the kids, and sometimes it is the best thing for them.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, ccphilly said:

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.  I know how Federal sentencing is calculated so I figured he'd do some time.  It IS a shame though; it seems like he really turned his life around.  Hopefully he stays positive, does his time, and gets out unscathed.  

There is no such thing as federal jail or state jail.  There is federal prison and state prison, and there's county jail. But I do agree, if given a choice, I'd rather be in federal prison. 

He will have a much easier time in federal prison. It's mostly white collar, money offenses, unlike regular prison where you have murders, rapists etc. 

I hope he gets a bit knocked off for good behavior or whatever it's called but I think he'll be ok. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

There is no such thing as federal jail or state jail

The Federal "jail" is called a detention center-it's for people sentenced under a year or if they're waiting for trial.  You're right-local jails are run by the county.-Federal Agent here, who should be working instead of commenting on the Situation's situation.   

Edited by ccphilly
  • Love 5
On 10/10/2018 at 10:43 AM, HeySandyStrange said:

People divorce for reasons other then infidelity. Maybe they are fighting over finances, even though they are basically set, maybe they grew apart, maybe they’ve become incompatible, or were always incompatible and now that the honeymoon period has worn off, it’s become obvious. On another message board someone pointed out that both Jenni and Roger are dominant people, in their own ways, and maybe that means neither wanted to ever give an inch which caused marital strife . It’s hard to say, but I’d assume there is more going on then meets the eye. I think in that video statement Roger put out, he seemed to take his share of the blame for everything and said he didn’t blame Jenni.

They are in therapy, so hopefully they can work things out, even if that means getting an amicable divorce and learning to co-parent well. Divorce doesn’t have to be terrible for the kids, and sometimes it is the best thing for them.

Yes- this. Also their son has special needs, not sure if he was diagnosed on the spectrum, but having a special needs child can cause a lot of stress in a relationship as well.

• Love 5

Now they're talking about going to another summer house.  Said more than once that they need an upgrade on the house since they're 30 now.

Are they only 30 or more like mid 30s?

In any event, they've acquired more expensive tastes so the shore house wasn't going to be good enough any more for them.

If they never got famous and made big money from TV, the shore house might be more what they're used to, even in their 30s.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, scrb said:

Now they're talking about going to another summer house.  Said more than once that they need an upgrade on the house since they're 30 now.

Are they only 30 or more like mid 30s?

In any event, they've acquired more expensive tastes so the shore house wasn't going to be good enough any more for them.

If they never got famous and made big money from TV, the shore house might be more what they're used to, even in their 30s.

They use that excuse on The show , but in reality I read that they weren't allowed to film in seaside for longer than they did and other NJ townships wouldn't allow them to either so they ended up at a house 5 minutes from my house in Manalapan, NJ since apparently we're the only ones who allowed it lol .. otherwise I'm sure they would have stayed in seaside or somewhere at the shore 

and yes , most of them are years older than 30.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 3

Ok this is very random and out of nowhere. But how funny would it be to see the reaction on the face of Vinnie's mom if she saw someone opening up a can of spaghettios.???(because her love of real cooking of course). If I knew that family i would have to do that as a joke.

• Love 3

@Stringey I would DIE!!  To me spaghettio’s smell like vomit.  My kiddo begged me to buy them and so I did and I was gagging heatin them up for him all the while saying your great grandmother is cursing you now for this!  My grandma made the best homemade noodles. ?

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 2

Vinny really thinks he's a gift to women.  What does he get out of being so condescending all the time without provocation to Angelina?

This is what can happen when moms indulge their sons too much. 

• Love 15

I have been in stitches the last few episodes.  Though corny, the bromitment ceremony had me rolling.  I'm not big into food fights but the reactions were hilarious.  To Jenny yelling, "it made a sound!" while Angelina put her dirty ass into the funfetti cake or Mike's screaming, "Nooooooo" while watching her putting her ass in the cake was too much.  I'm actually enjoying (relating?) the newer episodes more than the originals.  I'm of the older group too that watches at 45 years old.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lusterleaf said:

In case anyone wants to check out Mike and Laurens wedding registry: https://www.crateandbarrel.com/gift-registry/lauren-pesce-and-michael-sorrentino/r5872988

Also, looks like they are getting married Thursday Nov 1.

That wedding registry eliminated any feelings of romance I had about their wedding. LOL Not that they would care, but it's a pet peeve of mine when engaged people register for huge quantities of overpriced cooking and dining items. How much formal entertaining do they plan on doing? They probably won't use most of it on a regular basis - if at all. And why load yourselves down with a shitload of stuff when you're just starting out as a couple?  I mean, I know Mike likes to eat but do they really need a $380 dutch oven? A $600 mixer? A $699.99 blender? (Okay, it's on  special for $549.99 - but still.) All of which makes me think they also plan to spend quite a bit on the wedding. If they're thinking the Jersey Shore money is going to be around forever, then Mike didn't learn much from his previous spending sprees. And if they actually do use all the stuff they're asking for on the regular, then Mike must be planning on turning himself into a perfect human sphere. Oh well.....Rant over. I'll just go back to minding my own business. LOL

Edited by Mannahatta
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

That wedding registry eliminated any feelings of romance I had about their wedding. LOL Not that they would care, but it's a pet peeve of mine when engaged people register for huge quantities of overpriced cooking and dining items. How much formal entertaining do they plan on doing? They probably won't use most of it on a regular basis - if at all. And why load yourselves down with a shitload of stuff when you're just starting out as a couple?  I mean, I know Mike likes to eat but do they really need a $380 dutch oven? A $600 mixer? A $699.99 blender? (Okay, it's on  special for $549.99 - but still.) All of which makes me think they also plan to spend quite a bit on the wedding. If they're thinking the Jersey Shore money is going to be around forever, then Mike didn't learn much from his previous spending sprees. And if they actually do use all the stuff they're asking for on the regular, then Mike must be planning on turning himself into a perfect human sphere. Oh well.....Rant over. I'll just go back to minding my own business. LOL

I hope they're not so tacky they'd return it all the Bed, Bath and Beyond or Williams Sonoma for cash or store credit.?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

I wonder why they registered for so many alcohol related items.  I'm surprised at how many things have already been bought for them. 

One thing I don't understand about situations like Mike's. I would want to turn myself in and get it over with as quickly as possible. It sounds like he might be waiting for the full 60 days before he goes in. 

• Love 1

Last night was the first episode since they came back that I truly enjoyed.  The seven on their own are no longer comedy gold.  They're adults, they have responsibilities, significant others, and in PaulyD's case, a job.  I liked seeing them get together with their families.  I wish Roger & Jioni had been there as well.  

My suggestion would be a big Summer share house. They could come out on weekends with their families.  They would still drink and like fools, but it would feel more authentic then putting them in a hotel with nothing to do but drink.  Heck, Sam might even make an appearance if she could bring her boyfriend. 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 3

Ronnie sounded like an abused person who covers for their abuser with his excuses and ‘it was an accident’ shit. 

Deena and Chris are cute together. Angelina and her Chris, not so much. It’s odd but I didn’t hear anyone ask why Roger didn’t come with Jenni.

I wish they wouldn’t use the flashbacks, Jenni and Mike are practically unrecognizable from how they look now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Ronnie sounded like an abused person who covers for their abuser with his excuses and ‘it was an accident’ shit. 

Deena and Chris are cute together. Angelina and her Chris, not so much. It’s odd but I didn’t hear anyone ask why Roger didn’t come with Jenni.

I wish they wouldn’t use the flashbacks, Jenni and Mike are practically unrecognizable from how they look now.

Angelina is also unrecognizable!

Not sure why Ron keeps trying to make it work with Jen. If her dragging him with her car didn't stop him I don't think much will at this point...

• Love 6