Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

This season is boooooooring. Last season was at least more entertaining. All this season is them sitting around their hotel room and going out to eat. With some Ron & Jen drama mixed in, and Angelina making an appearance with her scripted drama vs. Jenni.  I guess they realize the show is so boring they now have to bring in other people like Snooki's friend Joey.

I'm guessing the way they pick locations for seasons is if they can line up free lodgings and filming rights to all these venues.

So the restaurants and clubs in Vegas are more upscale than the ones they used to go to on the Jersey shore and it's an older crowd.

Of course the cast is older and they may not want to do the things they used to do even just 10 years ago, which was to get really drunk, get into fights, bring groupies home every night.  Or how about the things Snookie used to do, like cartwheels while wearing a dress with no underwear.

But I bet the venues in Vegas said they better not cause fights or anything or else they won't be invited back.  Or trash their suite.

If they have more seasons, it'll probably be similar, a lot more sedate than the JS days.

And the cast probably would no longer settle for a basic shore house, which isn't as posh as the places in Miami and Vegas.  Nor would they bother doing a fake job at a t-shirt store.

Now they're probably not getting paid like they were when JS was at its peak and the cast was going on late night talk shows and such, because it's probably not getting those levels of ratings.

• Love 4
On 9/14/2018 at 7:26 PM, scrb said:

I bet the venues in Vegas said they better not cause fights or anything or else they won't be invited back.  Or trash their suite.

Isn't Planet Hollywood (where they are staying) the same place where Paulie has his regular DJ residency. 

• Love 1

^Interestingly, no.  He had a long term residency (like 5 years) at Harrah's.  More recently, he spent the Summer spinning at Drai's Beach.

Planet Hollywood has appeared on a few shows lately, Vanderpump Rules & Jersey Shore among them.  They must be offering ridiculous comps for all that exposure.

22 hours ago, Kathy said:

I could just watch a show based around Mike, forget the others.

Never thought I'd say this but me too!

• Love 5

They don’t like Angelina because she bailed after episode one.  She probably thought Jersey Shore would be a shit reality show and end up like Washington Heights....cancelled after one short season.  That probably would have happened, had Snooki not been punched in the face and suddenly people were watching Jersey Shore.

Now Angelina realizes she missed out on money and fame and probably feels a bit foolish.  The rest of them probably feel like she’s just riding their coattails.

I noticed how often Angelina looked at the cameras.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Angelina is really gross and immature. She and Ronnie act like they haven't matured a day since the first season. I don't know why she thought it was a good idea to antagonize Jenni or to try to befriend her by acting like a thirteen year old. Just so dumb and obnoxious. I don't understand how Jenni and Nicole are such close friends outside the show but Snooki doesn't treat her very well onscreen. I know jwow overreacted to the mothers day video (let it go!) but damn, Nicole doesn't seem to have her back of even care aboit her feelings. I realize Nicole didn't invite Angelina, production did but at least give ur supposed best friend a heads up. I think they should ditch Angelina and Deena and Ronnie and add Roger to the cast. I love him. 

• Love 7
On 9/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, Kathy said:

I could just watch a show based around Mike, forget the others.

A few years ago Mike and his family had their own show but it was cancelled...

14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

They don’t like Angelina because she bailed after episode one.  She probably thought Jersey Shore would be a shit reality show and end up like Washington Heights....cancelled after one short season.  That probably would have happened, had Snooki not been punched in the face and suddenly people were watching Jersey Shore.

Now Angelina realizes she missed out on money and fame and probably feels a bit foolish.  The rest of them probably feel like she’s just riding their coattails.

I noticed how often Angelina looked at the cameras.

Yup Angelina is probably kicking herself for leaving. Snooki and Jwoww live in NJ mansions now and don't have to work.

• Love 6

Everything's pretty much been said about the Ron/Jen drama, so I'll just say that JWoww looked amazing in that red dress when they went to dinner. Also I love her glasses, don't know why she gets so much criticism for them, I think they look cute on her. Mike and his food love are adorable. The Pauly/Vinnie bromance is mildly amusing. Angelina, eh.

That's all I got.

• Love 6
On 9/17/2018 at 10:20 AM, Lusterleaf said:

Yup Angelina is probably kicking herself for leaving. Snooki and Jwoww live in NJ mansions now and don't have to work.

Angelina actually admitted in an interview that she regrets not staying mostly because she missed out on all that money.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5

Yea and Angelina is coming off very thirsty for the camera . Her personality is awful but I'm sure she's putting a lot of it on as an interview for the producers . Right now she's still a guest spot and hoping the other people being mature/ boring will help her stay long term . 

• Love 7

mike did have a show, but it was his family. i think a show maybe on Food Network, would be really really great. he loves to eat! but he doesnt gross me out when he eats like alot of food network/food shows do. it could be him cooking and going to places to eat. i think if he traveled around to just a couple cities to the nicer restaurants and than cooked at home, it would be a very watchable show. he just gets so happy when he eats. vs the people who are like "let me shove this giant greasy cheese burger in my mouth" types. 

• Love 9

My GAWD, can we please do away with the gay BFF? Sidebar, I'm gay too, so I'm not coming from a place of either "I can make jokes because I'm a dentist- Seinfeld",  or "that's wrong"...that said, I don't think any of the JS family have inclinations unless (Snooki, JWoww, Deena) they do, which fine...but your very BASIC gay guy rolling up all "hey gurrrl"...enough. Quit making our community a mockery, thanks. Snooki is no SJP & whoever the guy was is no Stanford.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

My GAWD, can we please do away with the gay BFF? Sidebar, I'm gay too, so I'm not coming from a place of either "I can make jokes because I'm a dentist- Seinfeld",  or "that's wrong"...that said, I don't think any of the JS family have inclinations unless (Snooki, JWoww, Deena) they do, which fine...but your very BASIC gay guy rolling up all "hey gurrrl"...enough. Quit making our community a mockery, thanks. Snooki is no SJP & whoever the guy was is no Stanford.

Thank you! And YES! He was obnoxious.  Also, his hitting on Ron and Mike was horrible.  Whenever things like that happen, I think "how would people feel if gender roles were reversed?"  So, if, for example, it was Ron always going up to Jenni and rubbing on her body after she has repeatedly asked him to stop, how would people react?  They'd hit the roof.  Or, if Angelina were saying to him, "yeah, if you saw me naked in the shower, your'd get aroused", people would be irritated.  I also can't stand people who always have to be the center of attention at all times like Joey so that really added to my irritation, but the fact that he is awalking stereotype who helps paint the entire community negatively really was irritating.

• Love 5

I think Jenni was right. Her and Snooki aren't that good of friends and to me thry never really were. Snooki has to be the center of attention and is all about herself and is selfish to me. Jenni is more laid back and just isn't into that scene anymore and Snooki just keeps putting on a show to get money and Jenni just doesn't want to go along with it anymore and go do her own thing. Their friendship was to make ratings and be drunk and it doesn't work anymore now that they both have kids and are married and Jenni is beginning to see that Snooki hasn't been a good friend. I've had friends like that and you just realize that you let them go because they are only about thenselves. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 5

Off topic but no one posts in small talk, so.  One of my besties was flying out of our airport this morning and ran into (in her words stalked his ass down when she saw him) Pauly D!   She got a selfie with him. I was dying when I got that text at work this AM.  ????.  She said he was nice.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I know they're all kind of gross sometimes but does it seem like Angelina is trying to be overly gross on purpose? 

The girl is desperate. That was a lot of money she lost out on the first go round. She has to cement her place w the cast again in the off chance Jersey Shore pops off again.

• Love 6

I used to feel bad for Angelina, that she was mistreated by the cast and got an unfair rap. My opinion has changed. She really is gross, arrogant (though it's a facade because she clearly feels like an underdog with the cast), and tries waaaaay to hard to be shocking/crazy/interesting. It could be producer driven but it's probably not too far from the truth because no one likes her in real life either. I bet her boyfriend (fiance?) gave her permission to do whatever it took to get screen time. She didn't say a word about what he would think about getting  up on Pauly.

I can't believe I even watch this show at 40 years old ? I do love trashy TV.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Off topic but no one posts in small talk, so.  One of my besties was flying out of our airport this morning and ran into (in her words stalked his ass down when she saw him) Pauly D!   She got a selfie with him. I was dying when I got that text at work this AM.  ????.  She said he was nice.

Can you post the pic and black out her face? Did she say he was as personable as he seems on JS? 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, RealitytvLover said:

Can you post the pic and black out her face? Did she say he was as personable as he seems on JS? 

DD2B6179-14D6-49C0-A229-F8CD886CB3DE.thumb.jpeg.1c30247d03207017bcc86a9e741b7ffe.jpegShe asked for a quick selfie and he said yeahhh girl.  I ask was it in Pauly voice and she said YES!  They were both in a hurry but she called me immediately and said she was shaking.  I should also mention we (me and her) are both in our low 40’s. Total fan girls tho!!! ???

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

She asked for a quick selfie and he said yeahhh girl.  I ask was it in Pauly voice and she said YES!  They were both in a hurry but she called me immediately and said she was shaking.  I should also mention we (me and her) are both in our low 40’s. Total fan girls tho!!! ???

Tell her this 34 year old who has been a fan since the first season, is super jealous! What a great way to start a flight! 

• Love 5
On 9/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, geauxaway said:

DD2B6179-14D6-49C0-A229-F8CD886CB3DE.thumb.jpeg.1c30247d03207017bcc86a9e741b7ffe.jpegShe asked for a quick selfie and he said yeahhh girl.  I ask was it in Pauly voice and she said YES!  They were both in a hurry but she called me immediately and said she was shaking.  I should also mention we (me and her) are both in our low 40’s. Total fan girls tho!!! ???

Random questions, but can you pls ask your friend if he smelled good? Also, can she gauge how tall he really is? 

Pauly strikes me as a “quality fragrance guy” and in my opinion. that alone makes a guy 10 times hotter.

I’m so happy to hear he was nice. Rude celebs can suck it. 

Your friend gets 10 bonus points for “stalking his ass down” because I would’ve done the same exact thing! 

Thanks in advance to you and your BFF. I hope she makes that photo her holiday card this year! 

• Love 7

Last season was much better.

they don’t seem too into it this season. Also, is it just me or does his season seem like the most obvious scripted one? You can see them smirking at points and just obvious. 

• Love 4

@Nic330 I agree with what you are saying.  I think part of it was because it was shorter (which I get since Snooki and Jenni both have families to tend to back home), and also the interlopers (crazy Jen and Joey).  I include Angelina in that group.  If they do another installment, I would prefer the core 7 returning to Seaside or some other shore location, maybe even with their significant others and kids for part of it.  The reality is, they have grown up and moved on so I’d rather see that reality and dynamic.  

• Love 2

The cast/ producers are just grasping at straws at this point . None of them are into it . If not for Ronnie , there would be absolutely no drama.. just watching them go out to eat basically . Pauly just wants to be DJing and making money elsewhere , Snookie and Jwow want to be home with their family , mike wants to be eating at home with his fiancé and Vinny really never seemed like he wanted to be there from the beginning . And all of that is fine except they're trying to sell us that they all want to be on " vacation " together and we all know they'd rather be anywhere else . Except Ronnie . I'm sure this is a nice escape for him . 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

@bridget I’ll see what I can find out from her when she gets back from her vacation.  I have many unanswered questions too!  

Maybe we can all collaborate and compile a list for her? 

Kidding!! 

Thank you again for sharing such a cool moment with those of us who appreciate the sheer radness of it all! 

• Love 2
On 9/22/2018 at 3:37 PM, aulait said:

I can't believe I even watch this show at 40 years old ? I do love trashy TV.

If it makes you feel any better I'm 49 and I watch this stuff - along with Vanderpump Rules (my FAVORITE!), Shahs of Sunset and both Below Deck's!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Damn that is too bad that she filed for divorce, hopefully they can work it out.

Maybe they weren't joking on the Snookie & JWow show when Roger was demanding sex and she was making remarks about how she didn't want his big ass on top of her.

• Love 1

Roger posted a video on IG. He said Jenni filed and he didn't blame her. He said there was no cheating on either side, nothing dramatic happened. There was a pattern that kept repeating? Whatever that means...he also said he wasn't giving up and he was going to fight to get his wife back. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed to hear this news. I've always loved Roger and I was rooting for them as a couple. They have an adorable family. I hope they can make it work.

• Love 6