Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I did too, lol.  I've also been watching all the recent clip episodes of favorite moments.  I'm excited to see these guys again.  Anyone know why Sam isn't going to be on?

Premieres Thursday, April 5th.  Clip shows, with the cast providing narration, have been airing the last couple of weeks.

I'm curious to see how much they've grown up.  For example, are the guys still going to be trolling the bars to bring back chicks?  Also, how will Mike handle being sober in that house?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Peper81 said:

I did too, lol.  I've also been watching all the recent clip episodes of favorite moments.  I'm excited to see these guys again.  Anyone know why Sam isn't going to be on?

Pretty sure Sam decided she was over it, plus Ron just had a baby with another woman. That's got to be a little awkward for both of them, especially if they are back at the Shore House and such. Sam has a new boyfriend also.

• Love 2

Its been interesting to watch them watch the clip shows. Many times they are embarrassed, but many times they aren't, lol. 

Its hard to imagine what this show will be like now that they are all grown up!

Watched all of them and even the Snookie and JWow spinoff, every season of that too.

I reluctantly set it to record Thursday.  Who are these people kidding, they got children now and they're not sharing houses for the summer any more to go out.

Some of them probably need the money.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Bostongirl said:

Jwow looks terrible. Too much plastic surgery? Drugs? Pauly still looks hot!!

She looks better now than in the interim--for a while there she had the fish-lips thing going on. 

It will be interesting to see how they've all changed (but I'm sure drama will ensue and probably be producer-induced). I can understand Sammi not wanting to be there but hope she reconsiders for future seasons. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, DeeReynolds said:

Pretty sure Sam decided she was over it, plus Ron just had a baby with another woman. That's got to be a little awkward for both of them, especially if they are back at the Shore House and such. Sam has a new boyfriend also.

And they were toxic AF. I know some of the drama is producer-driven, but those two........just, yeah. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 4

Snooki looked like she was high or drunk during one of the clip shows. Every time they came back to her, Ron and JWow, she looked like she was about to pass out. She looked better without her horse teeth. 

Can't wait for the dump to arrive, holy shit that girl looks unrecognizable.

Vinnie is hotter now than back then. Pauly looks the same.

• Love 3

I'm so excited! It's so weird to adjust to some having kids, being married. Kinda sad. Lol. I wish they were all still single doing the show. Ron and Vinnie look great! So does Dina. I'm trying to get used to Snooki and Jenni's new looks. Maybe Sam will show up as a surprise later.

• Love 4

How do you lose your rings? Girl, get your damn rings sized if they are falling off your fucking fingers. And how do you not know a damn big ass rock is sliding off your finger? 

Don't know how this is going to go down with Mike not drinking.

• Love 9

So the Situation is "under construction" aka Mike lost his abs. I thought the Sammi doll was in poor taste, but not surprising with this crew. I did laugh when Nicole was trying to move her around on the couch, and the eye starting popping out. I'm shocked/impressed that Pauly has managed to make enough money DJing in order to afford a Lambo and a Rolls. I didn't think he was that successful. Ronnie is totally going to cheat on his pregnant girlfriend, the second he said you can be a crappy husband/boyfriend, but always be a good father, I knew she was toast. I get what Jenni is trying to do with her "trendy" granny glasses, but they are almost too trendy, and don't work for her at all. They are all acting like Vinny was this huge fattie in the past, it's weird. The pizza eating was bizarre. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I actually was surprised by how mad the Sammi doll made me. And I’m not even her biggest fan(although wish she was on the show and not Ronnie who is such a jerk) but something about it didn’t feel right to me. 

Also okay ronnie sucks. When Deena was telling him why she was upset because he didn’t reach out to her when her dad died and his response was because she’s Sams friend. What the hell?

I always liked Sammie better than Ronnie. She is no angel, but I felt like she'd be a pretty decent girl without Ron. Ronnie, however, continues to prove what a douche he is....with or without Sammie. 

I agree that it's totally shitty he didn't reach out to Deena when her dad died. Who the fuck cares who she's friends with? You're having a CHILD with another woman! Sammie shouldn't even be an issue to you. I mean, did he think if he called Deean to express his sympathies Sammie would be listening in on the extension? Bunch of fucking excuses. 

Also, I didn't like how his "toast" to Mike was like 90% shit talk. Sure, they have a contentious past and his issues with Mike are valid. But then just don't say anything. Orrrr....don't act like the problems you had were ALL Mike. 

Ugh, I just can't stand that dude. Even the way he talks about being a dad and his "dad-chelor" party rubs me wrong. He's totally Bitch Eating Crackers for me. 

25 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

I'm shocked/impressed that Pauly has managed to make enough money DJing in order to afford a Lambo and a Rolls. I didn't think he was that successful. 

I was floored. When they showed his house I thought I was watching an episode of Cribs. 

26 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

They are all acting like Vinny was this huge fattie in the past, it's weird. The pizza eating was bizarre. 

Vinnie was not even close to being fat! Personally, I always thought Vinnie was the cutest out of all the guys, and I think he actually looked better before losing weight. Did you see how slim his girlfriend is? I wonder if something is going on there....

• Love 21
(edited)

I can't believe Pauly D is doing so well. And he doesn't look any different. Vinny looks good. I wonder if his mom really does his laundry lol. I can't stand Ronnie. Of course he will screw over his pregnant girlfriend. He just seems way too hung up on Sam and  what she does. Who cares that she didnt want to do the show. Good for her if she doesn't need the money and is happy.  Nicole and Jenny have adorable kids. Edited to add I loved loved loved Vinnys kick down the door dance. It's a weird dynamic now that Pauly is the only single one. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 8

Ronnie seems bitter this time around. He's almost morphed into the old crabby cry baby Mike. Maybe he's jealous of most of their success and seemingly happy lives and it seems he's got a situation on his hands. Paulie does too, but he has his highly successful career at least. What does Ronnie do for a living?

• Love 11

I wasn't surprised by Pauly's house & cars. He has had a DJ residency in Vegas for a while now (I think?), and houses there are CHEAP so it doesn't surprise me that he'd be able to afford all those toys with his DJing + Jersey Shore cash. 

I was totally underwhelmed. It was entertaining enough & I'll stick around, but it was just TOO scripted this time around. The "trying to build suspense" over Mike's court case was lame, especially when they started by showing the preview for the season. I don't believe that Snooki actually lost her ring either. 

I cosign "Ronnie is a douche", but I really can't stand Deena either. I never thought she was a good addition to the show. When Angelina decided to leave, they should've just stuck with the 3 girls. I don't get why Snooki got to bring along her friend to win the meatball lottery, when she brings absolutely nothing to the table other than being a try-hard. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Vinnie was not even close to being fat! Personally, I always thought Vinnie was the cutest out of all the guys, and I think he actually looked better before losing weight. Did you see how slim his girlfriend is? I wonder if something is going on there....

I think he looked better before too. He looks too thin now.

Pauly has always been my favorite (RI girl here), so I'm glad to see that he basically hasn't changed at all. Is he going to switch up "cabs are here!" to "Ubers are here!" 

• Love 10

I think Snooki looks worse than Jwow with the plastic surgery and her chompers look horrible, especially with the gap or missing tooth on the bottom to one side. She still cracks me up however with her antics. I agree, Ronnie is a douche, something is seriously wrong with that guy. IN the past I blamed Sammi, but get it now. Vinnie redeemed himself a bit for me when he was on the Great Food Truck race last summer, he seems to be a good guy. Maybe Mike will be cellies with Joe Guidice, Pauly, I always liked him from years ago, he seemed like the most normal in a sense, but that hair just bugs me, He and the Gotti kids all must have went to the same barber.

• Love 11
(edited)

Man.  That was every trashy thing I needed it to be.  These damn people.

I feel like some of them really may have grown out of it and are trying to recapture the magic for the camera.  Snooki being the prime example.   It didn't feel natural (nor does her face, come to think of it).  My husband didn't even recognize her.

Vinnie and Pauly were my favorites then and are my favorites now.  Pauly continues to feel so full of life and a happy dude; I'm glad he's been successful.  Like many of you, I liked old Vinnie's look better, but if he's happy, I'm happy.  His kick the door down dance was HILARIOUS. 

Oh Mike.  I hope he holds his sobriety during this show...what a terrible way to lose it, but I guess he needs the money.  

I adored JWOWs overview of how the club scene feels different and boujee now.  She seems the most matured in many ways.  

I still hate Ron.  He still does not seem like a good guy.  He is about to have a baby, still ridiculously into Sammi's life, ghosted a "friend" when she needed him b/c of her friendship with Sammi, and is WITHOUT question gonna cheat on his chick.  I could probably deal with all of that if his temperament and personality were more like Vinnie or Pauley, but he's a nasty, shit talking, douchebag.  

I don't miss Sammi at all and don't blame her for not coming to this crazy thing.  The doll thing was wrong, but I was cackling at the physical comedy of Snooki trying to move her.  And I couldn't breathe when they threw her in the pool, and the voicebox was still going.  LOL. 

ETA:  Mahamid Frauded Me is the BEST username.  You win!  (do we know when that trainwreck of a series is coming back?!)

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think Snooki looks worse than Jwow with the plastic surgery

I have to say, I agree. And I always thought Jenni's plastic surgery was just AWFUL. But she didn't look half bad last night. Maybe she settled into it? 

44 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Oh Mike.  I hope he holds his sobriety during this show...what a terrible way to lose it, but I guess he needs the money.  

I'm soooo worried about this. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Man.  That was every trashy thing I needed it to be.  These damn people.

I feel exactly the same way. It's what I love about this series. The house they're staying in looks really nice. It was cute how excited they were to have a pool. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I really hate myself for watching this hot ass mess of a show. None of them look the same in my opinion - save for Vinny. Even Pauly D looks like he had some sort of work done to his face but I could be wrong. 

Snooki’s lips are so distracting. Jwoww looked much better before any surgical procedures she had done to her face - again, my opinion. Vinny is still fineeee as ever but he wasn’t fat on previous seasons, so it’s weird that they’re making it seem that way. 

It’s so annoying how much they were trying to make Mike’s “situation” seem like something dramatic, given that it’s been reported multiple times that his actual sentencing isn’t until April 25th (I think), so we knew he’d be on the show. 

Ronnie definitely still has something for Sammi and I honestly don’t blame her for not coming on the show. She was always the more “bougie” one of the crew, she says she’s living a great life now and is probably no longer interested in making a fool of herself on national television. I never really liked Ronnie. We all know he’s going to cheat because he’s proved himself to be a cheater, over and over again. 

This is a freakin’ “reality” show. Of course things are going to be hyped up and made to seem like a bigger deal than it actually is for views and hype. It’s trashy, pointless and for some strange reason I’ll be back to review the next episode, so let me get off my high horse. ??‍♀️???‍♀️

I rarely watch reality TV but sometimes it’s hard to turn away from a slow-mo car wreck. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 3

I didn't care for Sammie in the other seasons , but she is proving to be the most matured of the bunch as she chose to give up probably a lot of money just so she doesn't revert back to her 22 year old self and fake short term drama that could effect her long term goals . I get why Pauly and Vinny chose to do it because their reputation was never really ruined by the show . They've been able to come out of it as only halfway hot messes as opposed to their cast mates . So why not just say funny things and get paid for it ? Unlike snookie who makes me cringe by the fact that she's a mother of 2. 

• Love 13

I was stunned with Paulie's wealth (or apparent wealth).  Good for him.

Vinny wasn't fat, but I guess he's more toned now.  Again, good for him.  

Snooki and Jenni look like they're good moms.  Snooki looks strange with the work she's had done.  Jenni does look more 'settled' into her look now.  I don't blame either for going onto the show.  Maybe some time away from the kids, chance to relive their single 'glory' days.  

Deena wasn't a friend of Snooki's if I recall correctly.  Maybe they'd met briefly, but I think the we're friends was BS for the show.  Deena had an audition tape.  I think she was maybe a second choice if one dropped out.    Deena always seemed to try too hard.  

I prowled around the internet and saw Sammi's twitter and instagram pages.  She's got a new guy, who she's been with a while now.  She's got her own products for sale, has had a podcast, so I can see why she wouldn't want to get anywhere near the Sammi/Ron drama.  

Ron seems to not be over Sammi one bit.  He's so going to cheat on the current GF/baby mama.  She also has a young son, so not only add the role of dad but step dad if he stays with her.  I believe she does go down to FL (the GF), or maybe it was rumored because she was wearing some FL shirt.  Ron is a douchebag.  Who doesn't at least say sorry for your loss, when a friend loses a parent?  How difficult is that?  Send a message or do a brief call.  The end.  Oh, I didn't know what to say.  You're how old?  Just say very sorry, thinking of you.  He could've sent flowers; he knows how to do that - he sent a bunch of flowers to Sammi and someone in her family after she left the shore house (following one of their epic fights).  

The doll had to be a producer idea.  Ok, so she pissed on your dream of massive drama with her and Ron in the same house, but c'mon.  It was in poor taste.

Mike.  Oh, you're in atonement mode, now that you are up against the law.  It's surprising how everyone who gets in legal trouble suddenly gets clarity, finds God, whatever.  Good for him if it's for real.  I don't think he'd go to maximum security prison.  While no prison is great, they're all acting like he's going to the same place as murderers, etc.   He also looks like he had botox or something??  Or did he just gain weight?

• Love 16

While watching the reruns of old seasons (at home working and I had a bunch of old shows on in the background), I saw a good chunk of Miami.  I wanted to shake Sammi and say get out of that bed, lose the douchebag Ron, go enjoy Miami!   Then she turned on the girls as they told her, via the note, what Ron was up to on a nightly basis.  I think after being away from it for a few years, she may realize how toxic she and Ron were together, and said no way do I want to be around him.  He mind fucked her big time.  He also had a talk with her out by the hot tub/pool towards the end of the season, where he just went after her for no real reason really.  I think she'd dared to say it wasn't cool that he was kissing other girls or some shit.  How dare she.  He wanted to go out and fuck every girl in sight, but have her at home, too.  Right.  And everyone else was wrong for "telling" on him.  Douche.

I also caught part of the last season (I think it was the last one) where Snooki was pregnant with Lorenzo.  The guys, Jenni and Roger (maybe Sammi and Rahhn) went to a club.  Who was there but Angelina!  I was like ok, so this was either a producer set up, or she was trying to weasel back into the show.  If she knew Snooki was pregnant, maybe Angelina figured Snooki wouldn't last the entire season.  Then Angelina went to every guy and apologized over and over again.  I was just thinking oh bitch move on, you left, you blew it.  Missed that golden goose.  All she to do was try to get along with the others for a few weeks.  The people who stayed did well financially from the looks of it.  Angelina may have gotten a little money, but she missed out on the big bucks.

And if I recall, the reason Angelina left season 1 was for her shady BF.  He didn't have time for her, so she thought he was cheating or finding someone else.  Then she went to Miami and was 'single'.  Oh, plus Angelina didn't want to work at the Shore Store.  Like it was hard work.  She was above it because she was a bartender?  Yeah, trying to sell or make t-shirts is so much worse than dealing with a bunch of drunks.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

The doll had to be a producer idea.  Ok, so she pissed on your dream of massive drama with her and Ron in the same house, but c'mon.  It was in poor taste.

It was, I read about it before the premiere.  

Again, I was way too happy about this show coming back. Every once in blue moon, a cast just jells and it's like reality TV magic.  I was happy to see they had the same chemistry.  The fact they keep in touch only adds to that with all the inside jokes and dirt they know about eachother. 

The best part for me was seeing that Mike has indeed made amends with his castmates.  The guys always cut him way more slack than he deserved.  However, even they made a lot of snide comments and tried to avoided him in the later seasons.  Mike was the absolute worst to the women in the house, especially Snooki.  I've read that she didn't speak to him for years after the show ended.  For her & Jenni to be so happy to see him warmed my cold black heart.  I really think he's managed to turn his life around and I can't help but root for him.

If anything, Ron's the only one who's gone backwards.  His life is messy, he's way more arrogant than he should be, and it appears he doesn't value the others friendship.  Sammi was immature and (at times) needy, but his was downright nasty & vindictive.  I don't think he's changed in that respect.  

• Love 11

With everyone else in a relationship , married , having kids , etc... the producers have to be pissed that Sammi didn't come back as it would have automatically triggered many fights with her and Ron .., and had the other cast members egging them on constantly . But the producers are still managing to make it hot mess heaven so good for them 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Vinnie and Pauly were my favorites then and are my favorites now. I don't miss Sammi at all and don't blame her for not coming to this crazy thing.  The doll thing was wrong, but I was cackling at the physical comedy of Snooki trying to move her.  And I couldn't breathe when they threw her in the pool, and the voicebox was still going.  LOL. 

You know, I have the total opposite opinion about these guys.  I never could stand Vinnie and he's even worse now.  The way he talks to the girls (& always did) makes me sick.  On the series he would say things like, 'it's the weekend and I would expect a 7 or 8 instead of a 5 or 6 that you'd get on the weekdays.'  Interrupting the girls' toast to Mike in the new show saying, no, shut up let's do this right and proceeding to give his own toast.    He just creeps me out.  After seeing the pizza eating & him feeling up 
"fake Sam's" boobs and holding her hands is straight up creepy.  Him and his fame-whore mom can get off my screen NOW.

I never liked Sam - she made that show practically unwatchable for me.  I think that Ron was a butthole, but I'm glad the bitch isn't on the vacation show.  And Deena can STFU defending her.

• Love 2

Wow Pauly must really need some more FAME since he has the money sewed up.

I thought Vinny looked a little too comfortable with the Sammi Doll.  Yeech. It was not a cute look.

Ron was not only vocally, but also physically threatening when he loomed over Deena - chastising her for "sticking up" for the absent Sammi.  Deena backed off but he was mean and his Real Side showed up.  Good luck with THAT New GF!  Sammi dodged a bullet (in the figurative sense).

Deena continues to try too hard....uncomfy to watch.  Snooky and Jwow are very, very, very conscious of their Reality Reputations and are being very careful to try to be interesting enough but not much.  I would bet money that Roger had a talky-talk with Jenny to remind her of their family reputation and to not be crazy.  Just saying....

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RealitytvLover said:

I looked it up and Pauly D is the richest of them all. He's worth $24 mil, so that explains his toys (besides the low cost of living in Nevada). The rest are in low to mid single digit millions. Situation is at $300k.

So people must pay to go to see him DJ?  And he maintains the look since he got/gets those DJ gigs because of JS?

His spinoff didn't last as long as the Snookie and JWow show did it?

Wonder if Snookie and Jenny's husbands bring in any income, while the women stay at home.

Vinny seemed to have a modest home.  Ronnies home looked okay and he seemed to have a nice ride.  Mike seemed to have a very modest home or apt.

16 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I was totally underwhelmed. It was entertaining enough & I'll stick around, but it was just TOO scripted this time around. The "trying to build suspense" over Mike's court case was lame, especially when they started by showing the preview for the season. I don't believe that Snooki actually lost her ring either. 

I'm a pretty jaded reality TV show watcher and assume most or all scenes are scripted, with them doing multiple takes and being manipulated into some angry confrontations for the camera.

But there were times when some of the convos seem to bring out real emotions, though I can't recall the specific instances.

I agree about the whole court thing being overhyped but it seemed real when they took him directly from the airport to meet the crew and he seemed apprehensive.

Snooki got drunk for real.  Maybe she still gets drunk IRL or maybe she saw this as a chance to cut loose after years of holding herself back.  Or she's really trying to relive her former life, at least temporarily.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, scrb said:

So people must pay to go to see him DJ?  And he maintains the look since he got/gets those DJ gigs because of JS?

Wonder if Snookie and Jenny's husbands bring in any income, while the women stay at home.

Vinny seemed to have a modest home.  Ronnies home looked okay and he seemed to have a nice ride.  Mike seemed to have a very modest home or apt.

He was DJing before Shore, but it definitely gave him an advantage afterwards. One of his laptops is on display at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, scrb said:

My theory is besides good business deals, he was probably smart with his money, made good investments, and didn't start splurging until he reached a certain net worth. I think some of the others (looking at you Snooki and Mike) did the exact opposite: spend spend spend! 

Edited by RealitytvLover
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, scrb said:

If Mike is living in Long Branch a nice condo or apartment down there can actually be very expensive.  But in comparison to everyone else, yes.  Aside from Pauly, what do the other guys do for a living, anything?

Jenny looks unrecognizable.  But Snookie’s mouth .... you know it’s bad when it affects your speech like that.  It was unnerving listening to her, didn’t sound like her at all.  She looked so cute when she did Dancing With the Stars, why did she mess with her face?

• Love 5

Wow Pauly must really need some more FAME since he has the money sewed up.

Yes. IMO, that's why he came back. The Jersey Shore fame helped his DJ career get off the ground.  Returning to the show only adds to his popularity and will increase his bookings.  Pauly's not dumb.

I do wonder what Mike, Vinny & Ron do career-wise.  I know Deena is married (and her townhouse was the most modest of them all). I'm aware of the podcasts/clothing/social media empire Snooki & Jwow have.  Plus, their husbands have careers. But all the guys except Pauly are a mystery to me.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, scrb said:

Snooki got drunk for real.  Maybe she still gets drunk IRL or maybe she saw this as a chance to cut loose after years of holding herself back.  Or she's really trying to relive her former life, at least temporarily.

Did you see the countdown special they had leading up to the premiere? I forgot what it’s called but Jwoww, Ronnie and Snooki were together and it was blatantly obvious that Snooki was drunk as hell. I think she also admitted to being drunk on social media. She said on the actual premiere that she doesn’t “do this at home” (get drunk) so I guess she decided to take advantage of it and cut loose. 

• Love 3