Type keyword(s) to search

Katie Maloney: She Was Taking Her Shoes Off!

• Start Topic

Katie has a horrible red tattoo on her right forearm that looks like a rash.  First time I noticed it, that's what I thought it was- scabies or something.  Not a good look, coloring your skin with a blotchy red pattern.  

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, glowbug said:

Tom and Katie tied the knot. It's weird that they got married on a Wednesday, especially since it was a destination wedding. Not a far destination but still. 

http://m.eonline.com/news/788147/vanderpump-rules-stars-katie-maloney-and-tom-schwartz-are-married

Aww, happy for them!  So much for people's predictions that they'd never make it down the aisle.

I feel like getting married during a weekday is becoming more of a "thing."  Our friends had their destination wedding in Las Vegas a few years back and yeah, the wedding was on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Makes it harder for those of us on the East Coast because you pretty much almost have to take a full week off of work to attend. But I guess the couple saved a decent amount of $$ by doing it that way? 

• Love 1
On 8/23/2016 at 6:59 AM, Duke2801 said:

Aww, happy for them!  So much for people's predictions that they'd never make it down the aisle.

I feel like getting married during a weekday is becoming more of a "thing."  Our friends had their destination wedding in Las Vegas a few years back and yeah, the wedding was on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Makes it harder for those of us on the East Coast because you pretty much almost have to take a full week off of work to attend. But I guess the couple saved a decent amount of $$ by doing it that way? 

I don't know if it's a new thing do much as a thing people in the service industry do. Most of my ex's friends worked in restaurants and 2 different couples had weddings on off nights. One was a Sunday and one was a Thursday. I think it's just easier for their friends to get time off on those days.

• Love 1

It's clear why everyone else in the cast moved to LA. They all wanted to be actors, models, and/or musicians. Peter wanted to direct and produce movies. What was Katie's motivation? I'm pretty sure that we've never seen Katie in a non-LVP photoshoot. We've seen other cast getting headshots, working on their reels, at modeling shoots, and working on music, but nothing from Katie.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's clear why everyone else in the cast moved to LA. They all wanted to be actors, models, and/or musicians. Peter wanted to direct and produce movies. What was Katie's motivation? I'm pretty sure that we've never seen Katie in a non-LVP photoshoot. We've seen other cast getting headshots, working on their reels, at modeling shoots, and working on music, but nothing from Katie.

Here is all I could find out about Katie-it does appear she may have had some interest in music at one point.  Apparently, one of her tattoos is to memorialize the date she fell 25 feet through a skylight and sustained some pretty nasty injuries including a "small brain injury".  http://okhereisthesituation.com/2014/10/katie-maloney-vanderpump-rules-bio-photos-twitter/  Music supervisor is listed as one of her jobs in addition to food service.

• Love 1

Her twitter handle is Music Kills Kate. I suppose that music supervisor makes sense. I wonder if she sings or plays an instrument.

Finding out that Katie has a brain injury might explain why her temper and anger is a bit out of control.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, HunterHunted said:

Her twitter handle is Music Kills Kate. I suppose that music supervisor makes sense. I wonder if she sings or plays an instrument.

Finding out that Katie has a brain injury might explain why her temper and anger is a bit out of control.

Good point about the head injury.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 4:25 AM, zoeysmom said:

Apparently, one of her tattoos is to memorialize the date she fell 25 feet through a skylight and sustained some pretty nasty injuries including a "small brain injury". 

I'm terrible because I immediately thought . . . hmmm, a small . . . brain injury?  Or a small brain . . . injury?

I'll take my seat on the bus to hell now.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:45 AM, ghoulina said:

Didn't she and Kristen do some modeling shoot in the very first season? This was when they thought their shit didn't stink, and I thought they all needed to exfoliate their lips. 

Yep, they sure did.  I think they were modeling outside or by a pool.  I remember thinking then that Katie was okay but in what world was Kristen a model?  A model for Marlboro?  The same kind of model that Carrie Bradshaw was for the new singles, when she was hungover? 

• Love 5

I was watching some season 2 episodes the other night including the Cabo trip where Schwartz dumped the drink on Katie, and it was crazy how people's behavior is the exact same at this point.  Katie a drunk emotional mess slut shaming Scheana and trying to ice her out.  Schwartz calling Katie a bitch calling her a drunk.  Scheana telling Katie she has a drinking problem in those exacts words.  Because of how season 2 ended and because Katie would appear more reasonable than some of the others when at work etc I tend to forget what an awful mess she was and now still is.  

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, psychoticstate said:

I'm terrible because I immediately thought . . . hmmm, a small . . . brain injury?  Or a small brain . . . injury?

I'll take my seat on the bus to hell now.

Yep, they sure did.  I think they were modeling outside or by a pool.  I remember thinking then that Katie was okay but in what world was Kristen a model?  A model for Marlboro?  The same kind of model that Carrie Bradshaw was for the new singles, when she was hungover? 

Usually people say "minor" brain injury, so I guess they meant she had a small brain.  I am glad I wasn't the only who read it that way.

• Love 2

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/katie-maloney-schwartz-scheana-shay-friendship-update-video

Katie addressed her drama with Scheana during the Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen After Show on Monday night. "I feel bad in general about a lot of my behavior. Not to make excuses. I completely am accountable and take responsibility for the way I acted. I think I mismanaged a lot of my emotions. Planning a wedding is really stressful," Katie explained. "I think it was a little complicated with Scheana. I kind of sensed at times that she was distancing herself, but granted, she had a lot going on that I didn't know about. So there was a lot of crossed wires and, I think, miscommunication."

More about Mr. & Mrs. Schwartz's appearance on WWHLhttp://www.realitytea.com/2017/03/21/katie-maloney-tom-schwartz-explain-didnt-pay-family-go-wedding-andy-cohen-reveals-mike-shay-showed-reunion

Edited by editorgrrl
PS. Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Katie Maloney-Schwartz"? Also, I don't get the reference.
On 3/22/2017 at 11:09 AM, editorgrrl said:

There is no universe where Schwartz's lame-o excuse that the show keeps him too busy to find other work makes sense. They film from mid May to the end of August. If he was going out for tv and film roles, I'd agree with him. But he literally said, he's too busy to film commercials. It might take a week tops to film a decently complicated commercial. He's making an argument that he doesn't have the time to do that during the other 8 and a half months when he isn't filming. What he really needs to admit is that the ways that reality stars have monetized their celebrity (paid tweeting and instagramming and paid appearances) keep him too busy to audition.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

This has probably been addressed, but how is it Tom's father didn't attend his son's wedding?  And further, how is it that his 3 brothers couldn't afford to go?  I mean I get that to a degree but isn't that what family is for - pitching in to help one another?

Something really screwy happened on Scwartz's side of the family tree and I'm curious to know what it was.  

As to Katie, I actually like her. She's a work in progress for sure and I can't help but think (as someone pointed out above), her injury must have had something to do with her behavior.  She's off just enough to make me think she's not all there all the time.   

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Kind of interesting that both Tom and Katie had parents that divorced after decades of marriage and neither divorce sounds that friendly.    

My bet is Tom and Katie will not follow in their parents footsteps for the former but will for the later.

• Love 1

I see two people who love each other, but need to stop drinking.  Both of them.  

Kannabis Katie.  If she feels the need to alter her mind, I say go with the pot.  Why?  

I've never seen a bride so zen on her wedding day as people are taking a seam ripper to her wedding dress and making the comment " if we cut the wrong seem the dress will fall apart".

I root for them. And I don't care if I'm the only one that does.

• Love 10
On 4/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, dosodog said:

I see two people who love each other, but need to stop drinking.  Both of them.  

Kannabis Katie.  If she feels the need to alter her mind, I say go with the pot.  Why?  

I've never seen a bride so zen on her wedding day as people are taking a seam ripper to her wedding dress and making the comment " if we cut the wrong seem the dress will fall apart".

I root for them. And I don't care if I'm the only one that does.

I TRY to root for them but its hard.  Not because I dislike them, which I don't, but because I don't know if they should have married to begin with.  One the one side, we have Tequila Katie, sometimes mean girl, and all the time doormat to Stassi.  On the other side, we have a guy who cheated and who prefers a ring on a string to a wedding band.  They are married because of an ultimatum (Katie gave it, but Tom took it).  The motivation for the marriage from both sides is not quite right. 

Then again, they do seem to really love each other, and they finally seem to get that they need to work on themselves and each other.  And, it appears they are actually making headway.

This one's a toughie.  I could see it going either direction but I root for them too and am hopeful.  We'll probably get a better sense of it all next season, i.e. after they've had time to be together and maybe make some headway where careers are concerned.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

This whole skylight thing, damn! I wonder if she sued the bldg owner? What a horrible accident.

So I googled "how did Katie" and "fall through a skylight" popped right up

so I guess she's talked about it on some podcast, she and friends were taking pictures on a rooftop and she leaned against the skylight and fell through?

EDITED TO ADD-- she said on WWHL last night that she was on a rooftop in Koreatown in LA with some friends drinking wine and playing Monopoly and she sat on the skylight.  It was just hours before she was scheduled for her first shift at SUR..

havent seen anything about a lawsuit tho

Yikes 

Edited by Rubyslippahz
More skylight insight
  • Love 3

Schwartz confirmed that Katie suffered a traumatic brain injury from falling through the skylight:

I’ve been reading a lot about it. It’s a really common side effect after a traumatic brain incident, your personality can change slightly. Sometimes drastically, but a little shorter tempered, your fuse gets short.

It was a joint interview, and Katie sounds like she’s been in therapy:

In the last year I did a lot of introspective work and just wanted to feel myself again, feel healthy, feel confident—you know, worked out at the gym, wanted to be a better wife for him, be a better friend to my friends. Just be the person I really knew I was and get back to that.

When you don’t have a good relationship with yourself, it’s hard to have a good one with anyone and have perspective. I always assume my feelings to be the truth and my truths and that’s not the case. It’s okay to feel things and we can talk about it. That’s okay. It was time for me to stop feeling bad about myself or stop being angry and feeling guilty and all of that and just take it into my own hands and make some changes.

I had some indefensible behavior at times and I take responsibility. And now we’re learning together and growing together.

• Love 6
On 2/24/2018 at 7:54 AM, editorgrrl said:

Schwartz confirmed that Katie suffered a traumatic brain injury from falling through the skylight:

It was a joint interview, and Katie sounds like she’s been in therapy:

Yeah, I think Tom's choice of words is revealing sometimes.  He slips things in to make a point every now and again.  If he's reading up on it, seems there is a need.  He combines "short fuse" and "drastic personality change" in a single sentence.   I'd wager that Katie's injury is more extensive than they've divulged.  

TOM: I’ve been reading a lot about it. It’s a really common side effect after a traumatic brain incident, your personality can change slightly. Sometimes drastically, but a little shorter tempered, your fuse gets short.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

More importantly, it addresses the Friends peephole frame -- Schwartz bought them on Amazon and gave Jax one for Xmas.

I am so sorry I maligned the building management for making that ridiculous choice!

• Love 3

Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too excited that I just saw Katie on Hollywood Boulevard. I looked up from staring at the stars and was like, “hey, she looks familiar... IT’S KATIE!1!1!!!1!1” Thankfully I just smiled and she smiled back genuinely. She was with Schwartz but I didn’t catch that until I turned around to see if she was. She was really pretty. 

I have to think that, to a degree, they like to be seen. She didn’t look annoyed that I recognized her.

Edited by ivygirl
It’s versus its
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I wonder why Lisa Vanderpump retweeted this:

image.png.abbfd118d4ef785350f3eabe04a9c9a7.png

Hmm, later she said this: 

By the way, I don’t follow Lisa on Twitter, but because I went to look for this tweet, I saw that she DID retweet a video of dogs as the “bridal party” at a friend’s wedding! Wow, small world.

• Love 2

Katie just needs to be treated the same way  Lisa treats others- i.e. James.  Just stop the the favoritism towards her dumb ass. I used to like her but she's getting on my last nerve,  got a case of the big head.  Time to come back to earth. I liked what Sandoval said to her about being a bully. Seemed true to me.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Katie just needs to be treated the same way  Lisa treats others- i.e. James.  Just stop the the favoritism towards her dumb ass. I used to like her but she's getting on my last nerve,  got a case of the big head.  Time to come back to earth. I liked what Sandoval said to her about being a bully. Seemed true to me.

I agree that Katie has become a bully.  In the last couple of seasons, she's inexplicably gained a whole lot of weight.  I think there's a fair amount of self-loathing going on and I can't imagine why, honestly.  She was a lovely character early in the series but these last since she and Tom got engaged and coming to present, she's become an awful, hateful, angry individual.  She's going to lose all that she has gained if she keeps it up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, b2H said:

In the last couple of seasons, she's inexplicably gained a whole lot of weight. 

I figured this is due to either 4 things:

1) She’s gotten hardcore into pot/edibles(notice how much more chill she’s been in the past several seasons and she even admitted to being stoned on her wedding day) and therefore she obviously gets major munchies due to this ongoing habit.

2) She’s on some kind of special medication/birth control that is causing her to gain weight more rapidly.

3) She finally gave up Adderall/diet drugs or any other eating disordered behaviors that she may have used to stay so skinny when she was younger.

4) She stress-eats and/or compulsively feeds herself due to self-loathing, etc. aka “eats her feelings.”

• Love 7

5.) She is older than she used to be

6.) She can actually afford to eat now (The witches have said they used to be so skinny because they couldn't afford food)

Honestly though, in real time she's looking pretty good.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 8
On 2/19/2019 at 4:56 PM, ivygirl said:

Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too excited that I just saw Katie on Hollywood Boulevard. I looked up from staring at the stars and was like, “hey, she looks familiar... IT’S KATIE!1!1!!!1!1” Thankfully I just smiled and she smiled back genuinely. She was with Schwartz but I didn’t catch that until I turned around to see if she was. She was really pretty. 

I have to think that, to a degree, they like to be seen. She didn’t look annoyed that I recognized her.

Did she look fat? I’m not making some kind of joke but wondering how she appears in person versus on tv since it’s hotly debated. Would you mind sharing your impression? Haha, I know this is awkward.

• Love 1

Okay, someone explain the logic behind Katie thinking this would make people understand her horrible behavior?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/katie-maloney-says-she-was-unlovable-after-weight-gain/amp/

She is being ripped all over the internet for being a “B” and a bully.  So she’s going out there saying she’s been a horrible human being for the last 3 years and she’s taking steps to remedy that.  By continuing to be a “B” and a bully.

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm one of the few people not riding the Katie bashwagon, because I believe her traumatic brain injury has a lot to do with the person we've come to "know" on this show.  The aftermath of her horrific injuries can, and do, last a lifetime, and can manifest in the most inexplicable ways.  She was broken in ways we cannot imagine.

Not an excuse, per se, but an understanding of sorts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm one of the few people not riding the Katie bashwagon, because I believe her traumatic brain injury has a lot to do with the person we've come to "know" on this show.  The aftermath of her horrific injuries can, and do, last a lifetime, and can manifest in the most inexplicable ways.  She was broken in ways we cannot imagine.

Not an excuse, per se, but an understanding of sorts.

I can see that being a reasonable explanation, but that doesn't mean the symptoms should be ignored.  I admit to having forgotten about that accident, but still and all, she can manage this if given the appropriate skills through therapy/counseling/whatever.  If she continues down this path, no one, including Tom, is going to want to be anywhere around her and she really will lose everything.

• Love 2

BS counselling and therapy does little to re-wire a truly damaged brain.  Just sayin'.  It can MAYBE help with the aftermath, if it is with a gifted and patient professional.

When someone has had their brain and their face re-arranged through trauma, especially at such a critical age, I doubt there is an easy path back.  Finding a "new normal" might be a decades or life-long proposition.

• Love 9