Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Not to Stir the Pot, But...

druzy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am surprised that they are showing footage of UBT. I figured once he got fired, they would re edit and cut him out.

Unfortunately they would have virtually no footage of Jenelle if they did that... which would be absolutely fine with me??‍♀️.

i just think it’s dumb that UBT was bragging on twitter that he wasn’t fired and we’d see him this season as proof of that... of course we’d see him, filming had almost wrapped when he got fired, they were too far in the process at that point... he was so smug, I can’t wait until next season when he won’t be on, he’s probably banking on everyone forgetting what happened and gonna say he quit, and here’s to hoping Jenelle will be joining him soon!

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Kazu said:

What is FW?

Jo has a job. He just doesn't allow it to be mentioned. He keeps things as private as possible. Vee also works. She just received her real estate license. Jo invests in property.

Isaac should not have missed out on Disneyworld because of a foolish move on Javi's part. That trip was planned months in advance.

I am sure Jo handled it like a man when he had private time with Javi to discuss this trip afterwards. I wouldn't doubt that after watching last night's episode, he made sure to advise Javi even more on future visitation with Isaac.

I fucking double dare that puta to do it.

She better be careful of what she wishes for because if MTV gets rid of Jenelle, TPTB may decide to just cancel the show altogether. Bye, bye puta!

I don't think Chelsea is trying to sell the viewers anything.

FW is my shorthand for fame whore.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Just when I think Janelle can't get any worse her explanation that Kaiser 'needs' David to play fight and threaten to punch him in the face was alarming, just the freakin words are enough Kai only needs to threaten to punch another kid in the face at school for him to get disciplined. Giving her the benefit of the doubt that there was no physical follow up at best that is really bad parenting and setting little Kai up for a hard time at school but Janelle just smiles as if that is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why Kai would tell people he gets punched in the face. What kid 'needs' to be threatened? Poor Kai I hope Doris follows through on custody she seems to be his only hope.

It is infuriating!!! Jenelle will go to ANY length to justify putting her Neanderthal idiot of the month over her children. I'm a teacher, and I can't imagine even saying the things she does about the worst middle school student I have ever had! If you're in a child's life, you have to have some basic level of caring about the child, no matter how annoying you find them. Kaiser is her flesh and blood, yet she treats him like an annoying accessory. Everything she does to defend UBT over her sweet, innocent children further proves to me that she is a psychopath. 

• Love 22

I've never personally been in one that feels like work or has fights, but I've also never had anyone agree with me 100% of the time either (except the guy who did so for a year and then just lost it one day because he'd been holding back his own opinions). I think there is a difference. It's not only either sunshine and butterflies or nasty, knock down drag out fights every day. I've also never felt the need to constantly post how I always get foot rubs, or a screenshot of him calling me his perfect wife because I suggested ordering a pizza (my ex did overly dramatic declarations too, which were obviously fake). To each their own, though. We all have different opinions. We've hashed and rehashed this, so that's all I plan to say about it, but I would be awfully bored (and wary) of dating someone again who deferred to me all the time, and who made over the top, dramatic declarations of love that are way too intense for the occasion. 

• Love 8

Jace was only on for a minute but just in that short time the fear and anxiety he feels being on The Land and forced to spend time with Jenelle was clearly evident. The way he blinks constantly and the twitches of his face speak volumes. I feel so bad for him and Kaiser!! I fear David is going to murder Barb. I'm not kidding. He'll kill her and bury her on The Land somewhere. He has such deep hatred for her and has brainwashed Jenelle into believing she's the root of all evil. Another scenario is David kills Jenelle and the kids, the commits suicide. This guy isn't just a harmless asshole like most of the Teen Mom cast he's a straight up violent psychotic!!! I think Jenelle, like many domestic abuse victims, is brainwashed and terrified to leave him. He's probably threatened to hunt down her, her kids, and her mom if she leaves. What parent pretends to punch a kid in the face as part of a game? What mother allows that?? I call bullshit on that story. IMO, even if a parent believes in the occasional light spanking a step parent should NEVER be allowed to put their hands on a child that's not theirs. EVER.  ÀAnd what the hell is wrong with that producer bitch siding with Jenelle over Barb? I hope when David finally loses it she's a part of the carnage for enabling child abuse. 

Briana and her family are filthy, filthy trash. I hate every one of them. Why is she even on this show? Wasn't there a better choice for a cast member? They're even more low class than Kail and Leah.

I fail to understand why it's Kail's business who Javi dates. Wasn't she screwing her new baby daddy even before she and Javi were divorced? Why the big mystery over the babies name? Did she really think viewers we're waiting with baited breath to hear her choice? Issac and Lincoln were named right away. Why the delay this time? To mind fuck the baby daddy who obviously doesn't give a damn about her or the baby or was it a bid for social media attention? The previews for the season showed Briana trying to act like a hard ass saying she was going to punch Kail in the mouth if she didn't show her "respect". Yeah, like her trashy whore ass deserves anything more than contempt. It was pointed out up thread that she was actually speaking to Kail's weirdo friend Bone. Good thing for her cuz Kail would beat her ass down in a fat minute. Lincoln just keeps getting cuter and Issac is still adorable but the new baby is homely looking.

Leah didn't open her mouth spreading gossip because she's SUCH good friends with Kail, she did it to get screen time, remain relevant, and get in the middle if another cast members storyline. I wanted to reach into my tv screen and grab Addie and put her in her room in a timeout for the obnoxious way she was behaving while Leah was trying to talk to the producer. Discipline your little hillbillies!!

• Love 21

No one is gonna mention how annoying Brianna’s worthless sister is.... all that dump truck talks about is how tough she is ... the bitch gets on my nerves .... also wtf does she do for living or is she a government leach ?!

• Love 11

Ok, I had this episode on my tv, but wasn't really watching it until - the crying festival with Jenelle.   Her explanation of why Kaiser says David hits him in the face is BS. Who would say, even jokingly, want me to hit you in the face? And saying that to a small child is even worse.  

Then St. Jenelle of the Land and patron saint of all mothers, says we're doing such a good job as parents, they're just upsetting us with all these stories.  The thing is your holiness, is that the stories are totally believable, most likely true.  If someone said that about Chelsea, no one would buy it without hard proof.  Her kids do not look scared; they are well fed, taken care of, clean.  She actually has conversations and cares about her kids.  You think of your kids as possessions.

Then oh her horrible dreams!  Yes, Barb just wants all your kids because it's not enough that she raised her family, but she wants to spend what would be her retirement years raising your kids, too.  Raising them because you pick abusive assholes as partners, and because you do not give a rat's ass about your kids.  But she said, she wants to take it ALL from me.  So does that really mean she thinks that Barb will call the law on the current husband?  He'll be hauled away to prison, and it'd be Jenelle with two kids on her own?  Poor Jenelle would then have to look through the alleys and rat hole bars to find another man.  Then she whined about her taking over her house.  Yes, Barb covets that house, I'm sure and wants the Land.

What in the hell are the husband and his dad doing on the Land?  Is it a farm?  Are they cooking something?  What?  They could work on the front of the house, as it looks like a mud pit right in front - just saying since they're always working so hard on the Land (work on that land, maybe?)?

The preview - with the CPS at the door, she tells them to go away?  Uh, I don't think you can just say sorry, go away to CPS.  

The other shit - Briana is conniving, Javi wants screen time, and Kail, never liked her one bit.  I bet she partially likes the conflict - more screen time, but she wants to control her ex's.   Never mind they're an EX, she doesn't want them, but she does not want anyone else with them.  Nor should they want to be with anyone else.  They should pine for her always, because she's simply the best.  Took her two months to come up with a lame name? Girl, please.

• Love 22

We watched Randy speechify a much younger Chelsea over and over to instill calm, to wait for the right one, to learn from her mistakes... and maybe she did. I think their dweeby sides work really well together, and like SPLAIN said, they're dealing with a lot with Adam. If they want to be big dweebs and lovey dovey together, I get that. 

Re this episode...I watched the show (I usually watch just online clips of the cast I'm interested in)... the first time I'd watched Kailyn in ages. I couldn't make it through. I've always loved Isaac...but I just can't make it through his mom's segments. I wanted to see some twinses in this show. I never watch Briana's segments. Ever. and I could not care any less about this drama.

Poor Kai. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Since you opened the door, I will respond.

I think when you look into Chelsea's world, you have this tendency to take it personal. You equate your own experiences with an ex and compare it to Chelsea and Cole. Nothing wrong with that as we all have been reminded of someone when we watch these people on TMOG and TM2. We sometimes mention o how so-and-so reminds us of a friend, relative or ex. I am sometimes reminded of an ex when I see Adumb on my screen, but I loathe him for how he treats his child, not how my ex treated me. I can separate the two.

You, me, and plenty of other people may not feel the need to declare their love or air their private life on social media. The things you are describing are not out of the ordinary nor are they that unusual for many couples who are in committed and loving relationships nowadays.  Certain things I become upset with tends to be the behavior of the people on this show and it usually is due to the abuse that is occurring in front of and to the children. It makes me want to throat punch some of these people. Chelsea and Cole bring my blood pressure down. There is one thing about her and Cole I don't have to be concerned with, and that is the safety and welfare of their children. I most certainly do not see anything of the sort that Cole is withholding any opinions or that he is almost being forced to agree with his partner on everything. We hardly see the guy on camera. I think it is a stretch to equate a partner like Cole with someone who clearly did not have honest intentions.

I am skeptical of many of these postings by the cast members. I am more leery and skeptical of the ones who declare such lovey-dovey nonsense when you compare it to the scenes we are watching and the information we receive through various articles. Jenelle and David, for example are constantly trying to portray themselves as these happy newlyweds who are living their fairy tale lives when in reality, we know that is not the case. I am an old-fogey, but even some old-fogey couples I am acquainted with tend to post images and posts showcasing their love, posting about their outings, and once in a while they will post something that could be construed as gag-inducing. To me, I don't take it personal. It is no skin off my nose and I certainly do not compare it to my relationship. It doesn't mean they are not a couple in love or that their love for one another is fake or phony. 

If Vee posted images of Jo having bought her a gift over the years or he posted that she is the most beautiful woman in the world on numerous occasions, I would find it sincere and loving. What Cole and Chelsea project is pretty much normal stuff for a young couple who are beginning their married lives. Is it over-the-top? Maybe. Is it sincere? Sure. Many of their posts are also meant to be funny. They are also a young married couple dealing with the fears and anger with respect to the Adumb situation and how it harms Aubree and their family as a whole. Is that fake as well? Not every couple has to deal with such criminal behavior and absurdity from the other parent who is involved only because the law is on his side as far as his rights as a parent are concerned. I think considering what they are dealing with, they are showing a healthy and well-balanced home life filled with love. You can't make that shit up and be that fake without it eventually cracking. They are also animal lovers and that always gives me hope when a couple shares their love of animals to their children. Unlike Jenelle, UBT, and Amber who should never be allowed to even look at animals, much less own any.  Give me that over the drama, abuse and other criminal actions of the rest of the cast any day.

Word.

Knowing Kaiser is living in fear of being abused, it tortures me. I feel so helpless. It is such a contrast to Chelsea and Cole's children.

Nathan's disinterest in saving his son made me want to reach through my screen and knock him upside his head. There is no excuse for it. Charges or not, he does have a right to save his son from abuse.  Even Adumb acquired an attorney to fight his ex in court over a child he cares nothing about, and he had many pending criminal charges.

I honestly don't disagree with any of this. The things they share with the public are obviously less ridiculous than things people like Jenelle and David do! I think they love each other, but something just feels off to me, especially regarding the constant agreement. But I think our views are closer than most would think, because I really don't disagree with any of what you said! I'm glad they have a stable family, and those children are taken care of!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

And her children are clean and happy. Can’t fake that.

I think everyone agrees that Chelsea's a great mom, her kids are very well taken care of and are happy, Cole is a great guy and Adumb is an asshole. Everyone wants the best for Chelsea, myself included. 

I just do not buy that Cole is her soul mate and she is 100% happy with him, period. I think she is content and settled. I think she gave up looking for her soul mate cause it was taking too long. She found a good guy who was into her and she went for it. And I don't even blame her for that, I just wish she didn't force the "perfect world" image down our throats so much, both on TM and on social media, it feels like she's trying to convince herself of it. Their love comes across as phoney to me and that's just my opinion. Are you telling me they live together as a married couple with 2 nearly 3 kids and never as much as snap at each other on a rough day? I think it's natural to disagree with your spouse now and then, and to even get irritated at your spouse every once in a while lol ! You still love them to bits, but we are all human. 

When I see other TM couples' lives playing out, I don't have the same gut feeling that it's phoney, and I think that's cause they show us both the good and bad times in their lives, examples - Jo and Vee, Tyler and Cate, Corey and Miranda, Gary and Kristina. 

I think Chelsea settled for Cole the way Maci settled for Taylor, I don't think either are overly interested in/attracted to these guys, there is no real chemistry/passion/depth to the relationshps, it's a surface attraction and an emotional attachment formed out of insecurities. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, alexa said:

I guess to each his own, because I totally see Cole as a soulmate for Chelsea.  They have the perfect vibe of love, appreciation of each other, comfortable with being geeky together, loving what they have together, etc.  I just don't see her as settling at all.  And I truly think as I said before not all couples have "bad" times, at least not this early on and for many they have a vibe they  allows them to stay calm and happy in their relationship.  I am sure they disagree once in a while, but there is no reason they have to save the random drama for TV anyway.  I would guess if they have drama once in a while, and they are only filming every now and then it would be easy for that not to be on TV without being fake.  

I do accept that it might just be the case that any disagreements/words they have are simply not caught on camera. And call me crazy but If she just expressed herself every once in a while, say to her friend Chelsey Grace even casually - "gosh Cole was being so annoying last night", "Cole never emptied the dishwasher after saying he would and I had to do everything anddd watch the kids, urgh MEN ! " GENERAL frustrations/nitpicking from a busy mom and wife, it would feel more real, I'll leave it at that. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, alexa said:

I guess to each his own, because I totally see Cole as a soulmate for Chelsea.  They have the perfect vibe of love, appreciation of each other, comfortable with being geeky together, loving what they have together, etc.  I just don't see her as settling at all.  And I truly think as I said before not all couples have "bad" times, at least not this early on and for many they have a vibe they  allows them to stay calm and happy in their relationship.  I am sure they disagree once in a while, but there is no reason they have to save the random drama for TV anyway.  I would guess if they have drama once in a while, and they are only filming every now and then it would be easy for that not to be on TV without being fake.  

I agree. she lights up when he comes into the room, and he seems delighted with her. They, unlike the rest of the cast, have a sense of decorum and choose not to air their dirty laundry in public. I'm sure they've agreed to put their best feet forward when filming and keep things light and happy. And let's not forget there's another player here--the production. They choose what stories to tell. Its clear to me that Chelsea/Cole are the counterpoint to the raging dysfunction on the parts of the rest of the cast. So the story they elect to tell is shiny happy Chelsea and Cole. As for the rest, their relationship seems happy and they enjoy each other's company. I don't need to see people tearing each other's clothes off to believe they're in love.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree. she lights up when he comes into the room, and he seems delighted with her. They, unlike the rest of the cast, have a sense of decorum and choose not to air their dirty laundry in public. I'm sure they've agreed to put their best feet forward when filming and keep things light and happy. And let's not forget there's another player here--the production. They choose what stories to tell. Its clear to me that Chelsea/Cole are the counterpoint to the raging dysfunction on the parts of the rest of the cast. So the story they elect to tell is shiny happy Chelsea and Cole. As for the rest, their relationship seems happy and they enjoy each other's company. I don't need to see people tearing each other's clothes off to believe they're in love.

Was about to write almost this same thing.   Mostly that they are probably protecting what they show because one day their kids will see all this stuff.  Plus, TV amplifies everything.  Remember the chicken-Aubree issue?  And the episodes are so far behind real time that any argument would most likely have been resolved, but the public would now be talking about it.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, happykitteh said:

Lincoln just keeps getting cuter and Issac is still adorable but the new baby is homely looking.

Poor Suds takes after Karl.

I FF through the Chelsea/Cole segments during the show and in here.

• Love 1

I don't think it's that Chelsea and Cole don't fight, I think it's just that we see 5 minutes of their lives each week that the show is on. Of course they fight, but that doesn't mean they handle it in a volatile way the way all of the others do. I fought like crazy with all of my exes and I was probably the common denominator in that, and the fights got really bad a lot of times (never physical), but with my now husband, I'm a different person. Of course we fight, but he calms me down and mellows me out instead of provokes it even more. I think that's what Cole is to Chelsea. A big part of it is growing up and looking for more quality guys, but I think he just has a personality that suits her and calms her down. 

• Love 12
On 5/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I always hated the telephone game growing up because I could never understand how people screwed up simple details. Leah - here's a simple detail - they're staying in the same HOTEL. Why did she tell Kail they're staying in the same ROOM?? She really is a dumbass.

During Javi's conversation with Brianna, wondering who the mole was (and I don't believe for a second that Brianna had no idea herself) when Javi brought up that Kail was told they were staying in the same room Brianna says "well..... the original plan was for us to stay in a 5(?) bedroom suite"   so to me that means she totally shared that info to Leah and wanted to stir up shit.  There's no reason Javi an the boys need to be sharing any suite/house/apartment/condo with someone he's been flirting with online when it was suppose to be a vacation for him and the boys alone.

We have seen rare instances when Chelsea has brought up things that make her upset at Cole.  One being Cole not being serious when Chelsea is trying to discipline Aubree.  I think they're very good at not fighting when the cameras are around and I think that's great - they aren't being phony, they have a sense of control.   I never saw my parents fight - does that mean they never do?? Does that mean my parents have a fake phony marriage? I think not. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I kind of think baby Lux personifies the expression "so ugly he's cute."

Chelsea drives me crazy b/c of her mannerisms...but also...there's no "there there."  I don't believe that literally all she ever does is sit around complaining about Adam.  I'd like to see...something...anything.  even if it's not that interesting....a *tiny* glimpse into her actual life would be nice.

Addalynn was getting on my *last* nerve...it makes me happy to be an empty nester when I remember a toddler's face IN MY BUTT while I was trying to talk on the phone (sorry boy-child.  Love you, mean it...)

Also, all we saw Leah do was get glammed up & talk about Briana.  She looked pretty, though.  She seemed completely over Briana after her THOT-ish announcement, I wonder if she had a good time at all that night.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Linny said:

"'Jace told me when Kaiser poops that David gets mad and spanks Kaiser.' [Sighing] Just, like, whatever, dude." Oh, fuck me, I'm so glad this show is back. It's like we had to endure the tedious mediocrity of TM OG in order to be rewarded with the glorious mecca of trashy drama that is TM2. Nothing beats craggy faced Jenelle crying that the whole world's against her and is preventing her from achieving domestic bliss with her ignorant redneck husband.

I really don't want to give Javi and Briana any attention, because we all know that union was 100% born from their mutual fame-whoring disposition, but I find it hilarious how deathly serious Leah acted about everything. I mean, this is LEAH, the girl who cheated her way through her marriages, claiming to have a moral obligation to tell Kail the truth about her ex-husband moving on with another woman. Save me the explanation about "girl code," I think this was more about Leah not particularly vibing with Briana and jumping on a chance to gossip about her.

Chelsea's kids are adorable and Adam's a fuck up. I could copy and paste this sentence into my TM2 posts from now to eternity and it would still be true. Honestly, Chelsea should worry less about changing Aubree's last name and be more concerned with Adam's larger role in Aubree's life. He's barely physically present, has no desire to pay child support, and can't stay sober or out of court. I'd be pushing for him to terminate his parental rights, as he clearly can't handle even bare-minimum involvement.

The audacity of Kail, who has three kids by three different men, to sit there and make snide comments about Briana's story being "messy" just kills me. Look in the mirror, honey, because you're in no way superior to Briana. I don't really know why she thought she was entitled to give her blessing to Javi hanging out with Briana on vacation. She sure as shit didn't get clearance from Javi when inviting Chris Lopez or any other dudes over to her house to fuck, so she needs to back off and respect Javi's decisions. She can't control everything he does, much as she wishes she could.

WORD to everything.  Except, there's no way in hell Adumb would EVER terminate his parental rights.  Adam is a narcissist and narcissists see their kids as extensions of themselves.  He doesn't actually CARE about Aubree, but he will always demand to claim her, she's his "seed" after all. (Blech.)

Fucking Jenelle, man.   Those meth scabs, ugh.  Those scabs definitely explain her behavior recently.  I can't with her.  I have no doubt in my mind UBT leaves marks on Kaiser.  No doubt.  He just looks like a simmering pot of rage ready to blow at the slightest provocation.  I can't WAIT until he's no longer on my screen.

• Love 16

I actually think Adam's parents would never allow him to terminate his parental rights.  I think he could care less, especially if it meant he didn't owe back support (in the amount of $10k we learned on this episode)

• Love 15

I'm so late to the party, so forgive me if I'm rehashing what's already been said.

I can't believe that Jenelle has had that house and property for only a short while and it already looks like total shit. I also thought she looked high in that kitchen scene with David. 

Lincoln: "I don't like Lux". God bless you, child. If I could send you a shipping container full of candy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If Javi doesn't have the biggest Captain Save-A-Ho complex on this planet, then I don't know who does. 

The DeJesus ladies cleaned up pretty nicely for the VMA's. It's too bad they're so trashy and low class. I thought Leah looked gorgeous.

Chelsea and Chelsea 2.0, please lose the nose rings. They look like freaking cattle with those stupid things on their faces.

I don't get Kail's outrage over Javi and Briana. She and Javi are divorced, and while Briana isn't my cup of tea, she's not a pedophile or serial killer. There's no reason for Kail to be concerned about her being around the boys. She just can't handle that all her baby daddies have moved on in life and are no longer kissing her ass.

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Nathan's disinterest in saving his son made me want to reach through my screen and knock him upside his head. There is no excuse for it. Charges or not, he does have a right to save his son from abuse.  Even Adumb acquired an attorney to fight his ex in court over a child he cares nothing about, and he had many pending criminal charges.

Yes, he could at least TRY. It's just the latest excuse. He needs to spend his time preening and whoring around (as we saw on his special) instead of helping his kid not get abused. Priorities, dude!

And though Chelsea personally annoys me at times more than I think she does other people (and I see nothing wrong with that, some people just irritate certain people and not others and it doesn't have to mean anything), I don't think the social media stuff with Cole is fake. I've definitely been known to get lovey dovey on social media, and it's all very sincere. I had several bad relationships before my husband and I'm just REALLY grateful for how truly, deeply amazing and romantic my marriage is. Maybe she's just always really grateful because of the history with Adam? I know that my past plays a huge role in how I feel about my marriage now, because it's a major contrast. I'm sure that things will calm down a bit with time, they still haven't been married all that long. And Cole does seem *really* actually very kind and nice, unlike the Tyler/Catelynn stuff where we all know Tyler isn't actually into Catelynn and they're both just fronting.

53 minutes ago, teapot said:

I kind of think baby Lux personifies the expression "so ugly he's cute."

Chelsea drives me crazy b/c of her mannerisms...but also...there's no "there there."  I don't believe that literally all she ever does is sit around complaining about Adam.  I'd like to see...something...anything.  even if it's not that interesting....a *tiny* glimpse into her actual life would be nice.

Yes, I do wish we saw more of their actual lives!

Although that's true for several of the girls. I feel like MTV picks such a limited storyline and forces everyone into it! From the show right now you'd think that all Leah does is sit around thinking about Kail, etc. I find it incredibly grating.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, happykitteh said:

Why the big mystery over the babies name? Did she really think viewers we're waiting with baited breath to hear her choice? Issac and Lincoln were named right away. Why the delay this time?

Because Kail thinks she is royalty, like William and Kate. They wait a few days to name their babies. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, BARISTA said:

This might be better placed in the Chelsea forum but is there ANYONE out there who just doesn't buy the whole Chelsea and Cole happily ever after idea ? I can't seem to shake this gut feeling that she just settled for Cole when she had those serious husband cravings. 

It's an unpopular opinion on these forums because Chelsea is hero-worshipped, but no, I don't buy it either. I don't think they're some huge dysfunctional mess behind the scenes, but they go above and beyond to showcase themselves as this fairytale couple. To me they come across as two people play-acting rather than a couple who are genuinely authentic in all aspects of their relationship. Chelsea likes the attention that being the Teen Mom "success" story brings her, so she'll never admit life isn't sunshine and roses 24/7.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Knowing Kaiser is living in fear of being abused, it tortures me. I feel so helpless. It is such a contrast to Chelsea and Cole's children.

It's hard to understand Nathan's lack of action in protecting his son, given the aggressive persona he likes to present, and I'm not sure having "charges" pending against him interferes in any way in his making a complaint.  I think his love for his son is sincere, as sincere as anything such an immature 'roided-up boy-man can muster but I think maybe he's afraid of Jenelle.  Or maybe scared of what UBT would do to Kaiser in the time between the complaint and the inevitable removal of the kid.  That kid is in peril, and I agree with the poster upthread who said Barbara might well be in danger, too, since UBT has focused his blame on her.  It's actually good that these people are on TV because that may end up saving lives by exposing the evil things going on.

Kail is horrible.  Briana and her mother and sister are horrible--I liked her at first, then the enormous boobs and ass sort of sickened me.  I don't understand how she hooks up with the baby-daddies she does.  Nova's father acts and looks like he's fourteen years old, and the new baby's father looks like he's forty.  Briana's hot--why isn't she attracting a better-looking bunch of men, or at least men who have jobs that will support her?  The Disney trip was cringe-making.  Those poor little boys were all hopped up for a trip with Javi--and Isaac does love being with Javi--but they were sacrificed to sleazy semi-sex.  Javi and Briana are adults, neither one of them is married.  Why the fuck don't they just date if they want to?  Why all the creepy coyness?  I despise Kailyn but can kind of sympathize with her unease about this.

I think Chelsea and Cole are fine, and even though their segments are boring, it's wonderful to see *one* normal outcome from all these trainwrecks.  I hope they continue to let us watch them  And their children are aces.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know if it was mentioned upthread, but I noticed several holes punched into Jenelle's walls when they did the season preview reel at the end of the episode. They were pretty high up so it's unlikely they were put there by rough-housing kids. 

Also, did anyone notice the gang of prescription bottles next to Jenelle's toaster? I swear there were seven or eight different medications. Those can't all be for Jace's ADHD, right? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, alexa said:

I'm on your side with this one. I think Cole is a hubba-hubba hunk in a very objective way (and I'm a gay woman so take from that what you will) and his basic good looks (I mean that in the nicest way possible) appeal to her basic nature. I don't doubt they disagree and irritate each other sometimes, but I think those times are few enough that they're able to keep them off camera. I'll admit that my partner and I are still in our honeymoon phase to some degree, to the point where we rarely fight, and I think we'd be able to keep it off camera if we were only filming three months out of the year as well. (We are significantly older than these couples, of course.) I have other friends who are the same way--happy, goofy, silly together, and I know them well enough to know they rarely fight either; they have sit-down discussions sometimes, but no screaming matches or silent treatment. I just think they have a good vibe and a natural harmony together. It helps that they're both pleasers and want to see the other person happy. Long story short, I think she didn't settle but indeed lucked out, and she knows it.

• Love 19
(edited)
41 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I'm on your side with this one. I think Cole is a hubba-hubba hunk in a very objective way (and I'm a gay woman so take from that what you will) and his basic good looks (I mean that in the nicest way possible) appeal to her basic nature. I don't doubt they disagree and irritate each other sometimes, but I think those times are few enough that they're able to keep them off camera. I'll admit that my partner and I are still in our honeymoon phase to some degree, to the point where we rarely fight, and I think we'd be able to keep it off camera if we were only filming three months out of the year as well. (We are significantly older than these couples, of course.) I have other friends who are the same way--happy, goofy, silly together, and I know them well enough to know they rarely fight either; they have sit-down discussions sometimes, but no screaming matches or silent treatment. I just think they have a good vibe and a natural harmony together. It helps that they're both pleasers and want to see the other person happy. Long story short, I think she didn't settle but indeed lucked out, and she knows it.

I have to say, that if a young thin white woman who’s a single mom without a college education is seen to have “settled” because she partnered with a good looking white man with a full time job who was kind, nurturing to her child and interested in raising a family with her, even IF it’s not some grand romantic passion I am VERY GLAD I have no interest in living a heteronormative lifestyle cause women just cannot win. 

I think Chelsea and Cole disagree and irritate each other like everyone else, they probably just agree it’s bad manners to talk about it on social media or on camera. ANYONE that’s not you will get on your nerves- my own MOTHER who is my favorite being gets on my nerves sometimes. 

Also welcome to the boards!!! ?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 24
21 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Did you all know that Kaiser won't even go outside by HIS self in the HOT HOT HEAT? Could these people BE any more backwoods?! 

HAHA!  Yes I was like, how does he feel about the COLD COLD HEAT?

14 hours ago, Christina87 said:

We've hashed and rehashed this, so that's all I plan to say about it, but I would be awfully bored (and wary) of dating someone again who deferred to me all the time, and who made over the top, dramatic declarations of love that are way too intense for the occasion. 

I think Chelsea really loves the idea of Cole - he is kind, and she thinks he is the hottest person around.  I thought he was hot too, but his speaking voice kills it for me.

I have said something like this before, but I think Cole is kind of slow.  Not like he has an actual mental disability, but he is just not the sharpest tool in the shed.  He is also so laid back, and non-confrontational, it is weird to see on a reality show.   Maybe he really doesn't have his own opinions, but I guess I have never met a grown man like that.

The thing that annoys me about them is how they are always so silly, like with the crazy silly outbursts and goofiness all the time.  She definitely wants people to be jealous of her life.  I think it is weird, but I guess some people want that.

I think Gary and Kristina are a good comparison - they don't fight (on camera) and they are kind to each other on tv.  But they seem very real and they each have opinions, but they express them kindly to each other.  They treat each other with respect.  But I never roll my eyes at them.  So, yes couples can be nice to each other and still be believable.  

I don't know, I guess it is the wackiness of Cole and Chelsea that gets to me.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Fucking Jenelle, man.   Those meth scabs, ugh.  Those scabs definitely explain her behavior recently.  I can't with her.  I have no doubt in my mind UBT leaves marks on Kaiser.  No doubt.  He just looks like a simmering pot of rage ready to blow at the slightest provocation.  I can't WAIT until he's no longer on my screen.

I think she is on opiates - I bet UBT gets her pills.  One can scab up from being high on opiates all the time because you feel numb, and anxious (some opiate addicts feel anxious when high), and start picking, but cannot feel anything so you pick way more than you should.  

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have said something like this before, but I think Cole is kind of slow.  Not like he has an actual mental disability, but he is just not the sharpest tool in the shed.  He is also so laid back, and non-confrontational, it is weird to see on a reality show.   Maybe he really doesn't have his own opinions, but I guess I have never met a grown man like that.

The thing that annoys me about them is how they are always so silly, like with the crazy silly outbursts and goofiness all the time.  She definitely wants people to be jealous of her life.  I think it is weird, but I guess some people want that.

Lets' just say that neither of them would qualify for Mensa membership. I don't see that Chelsea wants everyone to be jealous of her. I think the goofy silliness, which I personally don't care for is simply their persona. Would I want to live with it? No. Do I think it's an act? Maybe a bit. But they wisely keep their mess to themselves, in contrast with Janelle and Kail, who document every stupid thought they have on social media. IMO Chelsea gets way too many kudos for not being a hot mess like the others. But in the grand scheme of things, I would give many more kudos to a mom who has a consuming career, yet balances it with parenting, marriage, advocacy, charitable works, etc. Since no rocket scientist activists exist in this group (remember that this is show about stupid teens who get pg), Chelsea is the best we have.  But when the highlight of your day is driving your 50K landrover to drop your kid at school, you don't get a standing O from me.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, happykitteh said:

J

I fail to understand why it's Kail's business who Javi dates. Wasn't she screwing her new baby daddy even before she and Javi were divorced? Why the big mystery over the babies name? Did she really think viewers we're waiting with baited breath to hear her choice? Issac and Lincoln were named right away. Why the delay this time? To mind fuck the baby daddy who obviously doesn't give a damn about her or the baby or was it a bid for social media attention? The previews for the season showed Briana trying to act like a hard ass saying she was going to punch Kail in the mouth if she didn't show her "respect". Yeah, like her trashy whore ass deserves anything more than contempt. It was pointed out up thread that she was actually speaking to Kail's weirdo friend Bone. Good thing for her cuz Kail would beat her ass down in a fat minute. Lincoln just keeps getting cuter and Issac is still adorable but the new baby is homely looking.

If you watched the After Show, Kanal gave her real reason for why she was mad at him. She stated the following:

- She doesn't care who he is dating, staying with, vacationing with as that is his life

- She was pissed at him because he is lying to her about THEIR relationship, meaning Javi and Kail

It had nothing to do with the hotel room or the vacation. She felt Javi is lying to her about really wanting to work on their relationship as a committed couple.

That is the gist of it. If one is to believe Kanal, then you believe what she said to Nessa which is Javi is trying his hardest to get back together with her. Bullshit. I don't believe Javi wants that puta back. He is so over her. She is the one who keeps referring to their former relationship in her posts. She is the one who keeps reminding him about their marriage. She is the one who was left high and dry by Chris. She is the one who can't be without dick. She wants him to want her, but homie isn't playing that game. It is easy for her to lie because there are so many of her dummy fans who will believe her and she knows they will side with her. Even if the truth was Javi wants her back and they were working on getting back together, that means she is also working on getting back together with him because she didn't say to Nessa that she didn't want any part of reconciling with him.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's an unpopular opinion on these forums because Chelsea is hero-worshipped, but no, I don't buy it either. I don't think they're some huge dysfunctional mess behind the scenes, but they go above and beyond to showcase themselves as this fairytale couple. To me they come across as two people play-acting rather than a couple who are genuinely authentic in all aspects of their relationship. Chelsea likes the attention that being the Teen Mom "success" story brings her, so she'll never admit life isn't sunshine and roses 24/7.

Yes I am certainly learning fast what an unpopular opinion this is ! I agree with you and consider them two friends who got married, it's a platonic relationship and she knows it. If MTV are editing and pushing nothing but the Adumb storyline, and if Chelsea is purposefully keeping any of her gripes/disagreements with Cole off camera, as has been suggested here, it begs the question - how much reality is shown on reality tv ! That would mean we're just not seeing the real Chelsea then, we're seeing her act as though everything is perfect, she has chosen to film only the positive, and maybe that is why some of us are picking up on phoney vibes ! 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kazu said:

If you watched the After Show, Kanal gave her real reason for why she was mad at him. She stated the following:

- She doesn't care who he is dating, staying with, vacationing with as that is his life

- She was pissed at him because he is lying to her about THEIR relationship, meaning Javi and Kail

It had nothing to do with the hotel room or the vacation. She felt Javi is lying to her about really wanting to work on their relationship as a committed couple.

That is the gist of it. If one is to believe Kanal, then you believe what she said to Nessa which is Javi is trying his hardest to get back together with her. Bullshit. I don't believe Javi wants that puta back. He is so over her. She is the one who keeps referring to their former relationship in her posts. She is the one who keeps reminding him about their marriage. She is the one who was left high and dry by Chris. She is the one who can't be without dick. She wants him to want her, but homie isn't playing that game. It is easy for her to lie because there are so many of her dummy fans who will believe her and she knows they will side with her. Even if the truth was Javi wants her back and they were working on getting back together, that means she is also working on getting back together with him because she didn't say to Nessa that she didn't want any part of reconciling with him.

Weren't they both dating/sleeping with other people when they broke up? Didn't Javi try initially to get Kail to stay together right after he came home and she wanted none of it? So how long is Javi supposed to try to get back with her? Forever? I hate Javi, I think he's a whiny little bitch, but Kail implying that she was willing to give their relationship another try is pure BS. 

1 minute ago, BARISTA said:

how much reality is shown on reality tv

Ah, the existential question!!! I submit very little on most reality shows. And if they let some reality slip out, they blame it jealous haters and bad editing

• Love 4
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Weren't they both dating/sleeping with other people when they broke up? Didn't Javi try initially to get Kail to stay together right after he came home and she wanted none of it? So how long is Javi supposed to try to get back with her? Forever? I hate Javi, I think he's a whiny little bitch, but Kail implying that she was willing to give their relationship another try is pure BS. 

Totally. She was dick-hopping while he was deployed and refused any attempts to make their marriage and family work. Kail's just pissed because her trap-baby plan flopped spectacularly and she can't handle not being in control. If Chris was around, she wouldn't give two shits about Javi screwing Briana. 

• Love 16
(edited)
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Ah, the existential question!!! I submit very little on most reality shows. And if they let some reality slip out, they blame it jealous haters and bad editing

Kanal wanted nothing with getting back with Javi because of Chris. She thought that relationship was going to last with that trap baby. As you know, it didn't last.

lol @BitterApple you and I posted at the same time with nearly the same response.

I hated that Nessa didn't ask Kanal why is she wanting to rekindle the relationship. That was a perfect opportunity since Kanal brought it up.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I honestly don't disagree with any of this. The things they share with the public are obviously less ridiculous than things people like Jenelle and David do! I think they love each other, but something just feels off to me, especially regarding the constant agreement. But I think our views are closer than most would think, because I really don't disagree with any of what you said! I'm glad they have a stable family, and those children are taken care of!

Just because they aren't ever really shown disagreeing on TV doesn't mean they never disagree. My husband and I are SUPER private. I have literally never once even snapped at him in front of friends or family. If we're upset, we keep it in until we can be alone. It's just how we do things. 

Also, Chelsea and Cole remind me a lot of my youngest sister and her husband. They are both last-born and both SO easy-going. They're both really passive and the type to just compromise and keep the peace. I have never seen them get snippy with each other (not true of my other sisters and BILs); I can't even imagine it. But one time I asked and my sister said, "Oh, we fight sometimes. Not a lot, but it happens. Just never in front of people." 

I think Chelsea, more than anyone, is aware of her image. I don't think that's a bad thing. While it's sometimes fun to watch these girls let it all hang out, I appreciate that she seems aware of the repercussions her family could face from a lot of their drama airing on MTV. And I think Cole has NEVER felt 100% comfortable on camera, so he really watches himself. With them, it just doesn't feel "fake" so much as it feels protective. 

4 hours ago, teapot said:

Addalynn was getting on my *last* nerve...it makes me happy to be an empty nester when I remember a toddler's face IN MY BUTT while I was trying to talk on the phone (sorry boy-child.  Love you, mean it...)

My kids must be super crazy. Because I've seen so many people reference Addy's behavior and I didn't even notice what she did! 

35 minutes ago, Kazu said:

Even if Javi WAS doing that, I couldn't be fussed to care. That is literally the same crap Kail was pulling on Javi when he got back from deployment. Karma. It's a bitch. 

Nah, I only care about how Javi's sloppy ways are affecting the kids. 

• Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Edited: erased! didn't say what I meant clearly enough.

Edited by Lm2162
37 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Just because they aren't ever really shown disagreeing on TV doesn't mean they never disagree. My husband and I are SUPER private. I have literally never once even snapped at him in front of friends or family. If we're upset, we keep it in until we can be alone. It's just how we do things. 

Yes, for sure! Some people would simply just never disagree in front of other people.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Yeah, I also call BS on the whole "we pretend to punch him in the face" explanation. My almost 2-year-old does like to roughhouse with us, but we don't tell her we're going to punch her. We say "I"m gonna get you!" and chase her then lay her down and tickle her, then she does the same to us (though we get the rougher end of the bargain because we usually end up with a toddler elbow in between two ribs. But I digress. Yeah, shitty excuse made my a shitty excuse of a mother. 

Yeah, wtf was that. Who in hell would believe that? "I'm going to punch you in the face?" That has never been a playful phrase ever in history.

• Love 22
(edited)
19 hours ago, alexa said:

I think there are a lot of couples like Chelsea and Cole. Some relationships just work and things aren’t so hard. I find it more strange sometimes when people stress how hard marriage or relationships are. I know there are challenges at times but sometimes it just works. I think Cole and Chelsea just really love and appreciate each other. I see nothing odd or fake about it. 

When I met my guy, long term relationship with son and not married, everything fell into place.  I knew instantly that he was "the one" and he said he knew the same about me.  We just had so much in common lifestyle wise.  We are both close with our families, both had fallen into jobs we loved, both not threatened by friendships outside of us, had the same economic and home training.  We grew up in the same general area but did not meet until we were in our 30s.  It's been 25 years and we have never had a big argument.  We may grumble about stupid little things but it never gets loud and we always come to an understanding.  Basically the person in the wrong just says, "Sorry", and that is that.  We don't dwell on things or bring up the past.  I may have left stuff in the washer and dryer and he may have cooked and left a mess on the counter but really I said sorry for leaving my stuff in both machines and he said sorry for leaving mess on counter and we both helped each other to fix it.  You can just tell when a house has peace in it.  Many relatives and friends say they love coming over because there is no tension in the walls.  Our kid is very laid back like we are.

2 hours ago, BARISTA said:

Yes I am certainly learning fast what an unpopular opinion this is ! I agree with you and consider them two friends who got married, it's a platonic relationship and she knows it.

There is nothing wrong with a friendship that grows into marriage/relationship.  I was friends with my guy for a couple of years and it just grew into something we both wanted for the rest of our lives.  I had to kiss a lot of frogs to get my biker prince.  I could not be happier for Chelsea.

Janelle is out of her fricking mind.  Who the hell plays games like she describes with their toddler or any child?  Her job is to teach her kids it is never ok to hit another person period.

Kail and Brianna  - who the hell cares.  I agree that Kail finally tried to trap a father who would not be trapped.  Game over.  I love that Jo and Javi are coparenting together.

Edited by jumper sage
punctuation, always punctuation
  • Love 17